Maura Rose Events Reviews

Maura Rose Events 7
  • Kati

Kati · Married on 05/11/2019

The Best of the Best

Maura + her team were unbelievable. We are artists, so needless to say we had some very particular ideas about color and aesthetics of our flowers at our wedding. Mostly, that we wanted to go wild! My (now) husband is from Miami, so we went for a Miami meets Philadelphia vibe with metallic silver accents, a bit unconventional. Maura guided us through various beautiful tropical flowers that were accented by other beautiful greens and leaves for pop. Maura also incorporated ostrich feathers and silver spray painted fronds into our bouquets and arrangements with care and ease. I could not imagine working with anyone else. We did a consultation at their new location in Yardley and it was such a blast to play with flowers and ideas with my fiancee, maid of honor, and mother. Maura fulfilled our vision and went above and beyond. I was SHOCKED on the day of my wedding on how beautiful the flowers were - beyond my expectations. They looked like a million bucks, (but Maura was able to keep us within budget)! Everyone was wild for the flowers, especially a asymmetrical display on columns that flanked us when we did our vows. There was not one thing out of place, not one detail left unattended to. As a 'unconventional' bride, I couldn't have been more pleased that Maura was willing to get creative and wild with us, and ultimately design the flowers of our dreams!

Sent on 05/19/2019
    Maura Rose Events 8
    Maura Rose Events 9
    Maura Rose Events 10
    Maura Rose Events 11
  • Madeleine

Madeleine · Married on 04/06/2019

Best Florists

Maura was amazing and the flowers they prepared for us were beautiful. They always responded to questions promptly and set up a table with the flowers so we could see what they would look like before the event. They were a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 04/10/2019
    Maura Rose Events 12

Claire · Married on 01/12/2019

Maura made my "vision" come true

Do yourself a favor and hire Maura Rose Events for your wedding. Don't even think twice about it. I have a very specific vision for how I wanted my winter city wedding to look and Maura executed it perfectly. Throughout the planning process I revised a few things (even up to the last week!) and Maura always made the changes without any hesitation. She was super easy to work with and in my opinion, insanely affordable compared to her competition but never sacrificed quality. Maura, thank you for giving me my dream wedding!

Sent on 01/30/2019
    Maura Rose Events 13
    Maura Rose Events 14
    Maura Rose Events 15
    Maura Rose Events 16
    Maura Rose Events 17
  • Alicia

Alicia · Married on 09/15/2018

Maura is wonderful!! She understood our vision from day 1 and really made our dream wedding come true. She is SO talented and knowledgeable and really made this a fun process by offering a complimentary design workshop so you can help design your flowers before the big day. She worked with our budget and made us feel super special. The flowers were absolutely breathtaking!! You will be beyond happy with your decision to book Maura!!

Sent on 09/23/2018
    Maura Rose Events 18
    Maura Rose Events 19
    Maura Rose Events 20
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 07/28/2018

Low stress and gorgeous results!

Maura and her team are total visionaries. Having never planned a wedding or gotten married before every bit of the process was totally foreign to us, but Maura left my husband and I feeling at ease every time we spoke. She is flexible, understanding, knows what questions to ask so we didn't have to, and has beautiful taste. It was an added perk that Maura sources as much of her florals and greenery from local farms and greenhouses as much as possible. She is such a wealth of knowledge and an absolute expert in her field - if we find another reason to work with her, we will! It was a joy working with Maura and we recommend her 1000%!

Sent on 12/19/2018
    Maura Rose Events 21
    Maura Rose Events 22
    Maura Rose Events 23
    Maura Rose Events 24

Kathy · Married on 06/09/2018

My daughter, Emly, who was living in England at the time, first communicated with Maura via Skype. When Emily, her best friend (her maid of honor), and I spent time at Maura's teeny, tiny yet amazing workshop and her sun-filled corner office in Fishtown several months before the wedding, we were all impressed with how closely Maura listened to Emily's requests. Maura completely understood Emily, and we loved that Maura is not your average florist but instead a person who has a Bohemian, natural style. Her flowers actually have a scent - they aren't so inbred that there is no smell, and she incorporates wild flowers and herbs in her weddign bouquets and arrangements. As an example, because the groom and his groomsmen are British, she made sure their boutonnières included imported English tea roses (which smelled as if they had been picked from a garden); as well, Emily's bouquet had fresh mint in it, whose scent surprisingly and gently wafted as she moved. To add to Maura's natural approach to floral events, the ceremony arch with willow branches, as well as the greenery surrounding the Moraccan lanterns with LED candles on each table at the reception were beautiful. Katie and Abbie, the people who set up the flowers at both the ceremony and reception (the venues were 30 minures apart from each other) were wonderful - because the weather was "iffy," they were the one to make the crucial decision that the ceremony would be outside. Maura and her crew are open to ideas and wonderful to work with!!

Sent on 06/14/2018

Maura Rose Events's reply:

Thank you Kathy for such a stellar review! You are so sweet and we absolutely LOVED working with you all!

Gillian · Married on 03/11/2018

Choosing Maura Rose Events as our florist is one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! Maura and the team did an unbelievably amazing job on our March wedding. The team is highly responsive, answering even small questions along the way, and are able to customize to your particular wedding. Their "garden-picked" style is beautiful and my bridal bouquet smelled so good I almost didn't want to put it down all evening!

My 2 favorite things (other than the flowers of course) about working with Maura Rose Events:
    1) Their online management platform: Keeping track of what you owe to every vendor and the changes you make along the way is hard when planning a wedding so Maura Rose Events has an online system that tracks all of this for you with them. Allowing you to see your contract, your photos, and updates with any changes you both make along the way. It tracks emails and can automatically pay your balance on the required day. What a difference weddings would be if all vendors used this!
    2) Design Days/Appointment: The opportunity to see what your flowers may look like in advance is a huge advantage with Maura Rose Events. It's a fun chance to play with flowers, get a feel or literal smell of them, and make tweaks to that vision together. Not all florists offer this opportunity. It was a great chance for me and my mom to enjoy a little wedding planning fun.

Sent on 03/17/2018

Katie R · Married on 11/11/2017

Beautifully Maura :)

We know nothing about flowers and we had no idea what we wanted... with one phone call Maura was able to figure out our style and take it to a whole other level! The bouquets and boutonnière‘s were beautiful and when we walked into our venue we were blown away! Maura has perfected her craft and we couldn’t imagine using anyone else! Thank you sweet, sweet Maura!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Jenna · Married on 11/04/2017

Maura was fabulous. My husband and I don't know much about flowers, but just by having a consultation conversation and looking at my dress and some inspiration photos, Maura delivered. When my bridesmaids saw my flowers, they could not get over how beautiful they were. Maura's work was unique and compared to other florists we talked to, very reasonably priced!

Sent on 11/28/2017
    Maura Rose Events 25
    Maura Rose Events 26
    Maura Rose Events 27

Peggy · Married on 09/30/2017

Beautiful work and a pleasure to deal with. As a wedding planner (Love on a Shoe String) I have worked with many florists and she is great!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Melissa · Married on 09/08/2017

Maura did a beautiful job on my wedding flowers. The bouquets, boutonnières, and center pieces were even more beautiful then I had envisioned them. She is truly talented!

Sent on 09/16/2017

Danielle · Married on 07/01/2017

I had my wedding reception in a hotel ballroom, so I knew that I really needed to up the ante with the floral arrangements and decor. Maura was just the person to help me do that! From our initial phone meeting, I felt so comfortable with her. Admittedly, I knew/know little about flowers, but she walked me through everything and worked within my budget.
    Fast forward a few months and she has me in for a design day and that’s when I knew I made the right choice. In front of my eyes, Maura was able to put together beautiful arrangements, exactly how I wanted, with very little direction from me. I also was toying with the idea of upgrading to larger/higher centerpieces and she threw one together quickly that I fell in love with and knew that upgrades were worth it! Leaving my design meeting was the happiest I have been - our designs were beautiful, I felt comfortable and at ease that she understood what I wanted, and we had fun!
    A week before the wedding, our church (Greek Orthodox) informed us that we needed crowns (stefana) for our ceremony. We were scrambling, but Maura made classic floral crowns possible, even on short notice.
    Day of everything went so smoothly! The bridal bouquets were delivered and looked stunning, the boutonnieres were waiting for the boys at the church, and the reception centerpieces were arranged with no supervision on our part, but were exactly how we wanted them!

Maura offered more than just affordable flowers - she was flexible and patient to this indecisive bride and it was her who brought my hazy vision to life and ensured that I had an absolutely beautiful wedding.

Sent on 07/22/2017

Ashley · Married on 06/10/2017

The flower arrangements Maura created for my wedding were unbelievable. It was so helpful having the flower workshop where we took the time to create the perfect arrangement. Thank you Maura - the flowers made our wedding so beautiful!!!

Sent on 07/16/2017

Alicia · Married on 05/19/2017

You can feel 100% confident in using Maura for your next event. I used Maura & team for my wedding and they were a pleasure to work with from start to finish. Very talented, professional, responsive and accommodating. I have never seen more beautiful flowers in my life, and I wish they could last forever. I couldn't stop staring at them on my wedding day and the days following. I sent the team some initial ideas of what I liked and they executed those ideas flawlessly! I was even able to come in for a "trial" where they showed me some samples of my wedding day flowers at no additional cost. Pricing was very reasonable and they worked with my low-average budget, and I felt as though I got way more than what I paid for. All of my guests were so impressed and they could not say enough about how gorgeous the flowers were. They were also very willing to accommodate my changes and tweaks to quantity and needs along the way. Use Maura Rose events without hesitation, you will not be dissapointed!!!

Sent on 05/24/2017

Jillian · Married on 10/28/2016

Maura provided the flowers for our wedding on 10/28 and she did a stellar job! Her team provided the flowers, birch chuppah, garland for the aisles, LED candles for the tables/centerpieces, and various other decor. We wanted to do a true fall pallet in both colors and textures - we didn't have a "color scheme" so we were really open to her ideas and she killed it! We couldn't have been happier with the final product. The centerpieces and bridesmaid bouquets stayed vibrant for many days after the wedding, which proved just how fresh everything was. I have my bridal bouquet hanging in my living room - I couldn't bare to throw it away so I dried it out and will cherish it always. WE LOVE YOU, MAURA! :)

Sent on 11/15/2016

amanda · Married on 10/07/2016

Maura did such an amazing job with our flowers. I had sent her a few pictures of ideas I liked and told her our color scheme. With that information she made beautiful bouquets!!! We received many compliments on the flowers and could not have been happier.

Sent on 10/12/2016

Kate · Married on 07/16/2016

Maura was amazing! My wedding flowers were more gorgeous than I ever imagined :) From my bridal bouquet to the boutonnieres, everything was perfect. Maura also provided us with a 'mock up' centerpiece and a chance to view and tweak or wedding day centerpieces which was awesome. I even teared up a bit when I first walked into the ballroom at my wedding and saw how great everything looked- would definitely recommend!

Sent on 08/02/2016

Laura · Married on 06/25/2016

We just used Mr. Photobooth from Maura Rose for our wedding, and it was terrific! Maura was so easy to work with and plan things before the wedding, and we had a really great time with the photobooth during the wedding. The props were great and we loved the "open air" feel - not an actual booth! Everyone had a lot of fun posing and being silly! The attendant was super organized and attentive and made everything run smoothly. It was great! We can't wait to see the pictures soon!

Sent on 07/11/2016

Colleen · Married on 06/04/2016

Maura did our wedding at Pearl S. Buck this past June, and I highly recommend her! After initially speaking with her on the phone for a consultation she had so many great suggestions and ideas that we decided to go with her and I'm so glad we did.

She completely understood the look I was going for and the final result exceeded my expectations. From my bouquet, to the hand tied garland and centerpieces (and also the arrangement on the card table was gorgeous) it was perfect! Maura was also so easy to work with and laid back, so we didn't have to worry at all- all within our budget. We're so glad we went with Maura Rose!

Sent on 07/30/2016

marianne · Married on 04/08/2016

I couldn't have found a better match for what I was looking for. I relayed my vision as best I could and Maura Rose ran with it turning it into an exceptional and integral part of my dream wedding. I was blown away by what I saw and the feelings her work produced. It really was perfect in every way. The compliments on my flowers from guests were, "uniquely beautiful", "exquisite", "gorgeous", I could go on. Maura Rose has the ability to see your vision and make it come alive. She also came though last minute when it dawned on me that I forget about a cake topper! She made sure everything was perfect.

Sent on 04/13/2016

robin · Married on 11/28/2015

Maura was AWESOME. She did both the flowers and day-of coordination for our wedding in center city Philadelphia in November 2015. In terms of the flowers- it was perfect. Everything that we were hoping for. She was open to our suggestions and requests, and offered such wonderful complementary ideas. I wanted to use wreaths in our decor, and she did an awesome job. We had many complements on the flowers, and everyone was taking them home. My aunt used one of our wreaths on her door for the whole holiday season :) Very pretty.
    In terms of her day- of coordination: My husband initially resisted hiring someone for this purpose, but I eventually won. In the end, we were both so happy that we had someone to oversee our big day. Maura has a very calm, composed, sweet nature. She is the perfect person to have with you on one of the most potentially stressful days. totally 100% worth it for peace of mind. she kept everything running smoothly, and prevented us from needing to worry about logistics. she was fabulous. highly highly recommend. She made a schedule, coordinated with out vendors, and essentially made it so that we didn't need to worry.

Sent on 04/16/2016

Jennifer · Married on 10/02/2015

Maura was wonderful throughout our entire wedding process. She completely understand my vision and executed it perfectly without flaw. She was professional throughout the entire process. I changed my ceremony design and bouquets a month out from the wedding and she worked with me to make sure everything was perfect and what I wanted. It down-poured on our wedding day, but Maura was great was discussing our Plan B the week of and everything was perfect. Maura also was very reasonably priced. I had originally met with numerous florists who were asking for 3-4x her price for fewer flowers. I highly recommend floral services to everyone!

Sent on 10/25/2015

Stephanie · Married on 07/25/2015

I hired Maura Rose for the florals at my wedding on 7/25/15. Maura paid close attention to the aesthetic I was going for. Her work was whimsical and organic in feeling, which is exactly what I wanted. She stayed accessible throughout the process and we met several times to discuss the plan. Maura's knowledge of varieties of flowers is impressive, she really knows her "field"! Thank you so much Maura! :)

Sent on 07/30/2015

Maureen · Married on 06/20/2015

Choosing Maura Rose Events was the easiest decision I made throughout the wedding planning process. After our first meeting, I had no doubt that Maura and her team would do an amazing job. And they did just that. Maura took all of our thoughts and choices of flowers - and made it more beautiful than I could imagine. Maura was very up front about cost as we went along - and there were never any concerns there. I loved the creativity Maura and her team put into the day - from the flower boxes, to give a more rustic feel, to the hops they added to my husbands boutonniere (which he loved, since he brews his own beer). These small touches made all the difference throughout the day! I would (and have already) recommend Maura Rose Events!

Sent on 08/26/2015