Maui Makeup Artistry-Hair & Beauty Bar Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Morgan E. Married on 11/08/2022

Blown away!

The Maui Makeup Artistry team exceeded my expectations in making my wedding day perfect! They were so kind and easy to work with and always on top of details while I was planning from the east coast. The ladies showed up to our resort and kicked off our wedding day celebrations in no time. They were efficient and all hair and makeup gals in my group were in awe of how beautiful their hair and makeup turned out. My bridal experience was flawless. My hair and makeup didn’t stand a chance against the wind and rain of Maui and it made me feel like a stunning bride. I can’t thank you all enough for all you did to make our wedding day so special!
  • Amanda
    Amanda D. Married on 10/18/2022

Exceeded My Expectations!

Marissa (makeup artist) and Amber (hair artist) exceeded all of my expectations on my special day! My hair and makeup looked beautiful and stayed put the entire day! I received so many compliments and it was worth ever dollar. MMA was professional and easy to work with -- I'd recommend them to anyone needing services on Maui.
  • Marilou
    Marilou A. Married on 10/01/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Sun kissed with airbrush!

My husband and I had the opportunity to wed in Maui this past January at Sugar Beach Events. They provided a list of their preferred vendors and I of course went with Maui Makeup Artistry.

Liz and her team were fun to work with and felt like a girls-day-in. Haha!! Liz knew what I wanted and what colors worked best for my skin and worked with a healing and peeling sun burn from the week prior. I love highlighting my eyes and she did just that and more! I received multiple compliments on the airbrushed finish which was definitely the "icing" to my dress

My theme was vintage Hawaii and I was trying to grow out my hair to achieve more style. We went with a Hollywood look complete with a white feather hibiscus flower. Perfect.

My bridesmaids and mom also had their hair and make up done and I had them choose their own style but also have a feather hibiscus flower but in yellow. Beautiful.

Thank you thank you for your time, service and professionalism. It was fun getting to know everyone while we glammed up.

Um can we do it again?!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Jillian
    Jillian Married on 06/22/2022

Simply The Best

I eloped in Maui on the beach on 6/22/22. Planning a wedding on an island when you live in CA is a challenge in itself. I had to put 100% of my trust into Maui Makeup Artistry because I couldn’t have a trial session. From the moment I contacted them, the experience was amazing.

Now let me highlight the stars of the show; Val and Lexi!

Val did the most beautiful job on my makeup. She exceeded my expectations in so many ways.
    Lexi did exactly what I asked for on my hair. My hair usually becomes very frizzy when I’m near the ocean, and with Lexi’s technique, my hair didn’t budge at all. It held up perfectly!

All of this to say, I highly recommend this company. They played a paramount role in my wedding day and I wish I could do it all over again with them, just to experience the bliss one more time.
    Victoria Married on 05/15/2022

Maui Makeup Artistry

Kim and Amber are amazing! They both are so talented and friendly. My dream look for my wedding came true and I couldn't be any happier! I was so impressed by both of their work. My wedding party loved their look as well! Thank you so much for my makeup and glam hair, so happy!
    Alexa O. Married on 02/26/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Never Felt More Beautiful!

I am BEYOND pleased with the team at Maui Makeup Artistry for the amazing work they did for me and my friends/family for my destination wedding in Maui in February! Marissa, Amber, Daniele, Colie and Dana were all rockstars, super friendly and did amazing work. They all arrived to our hotel on time, were great about accommodating our requests and had fun with us while we got ready. My makeup was amazing without making me look unnatural. The airbrush foundation made my face feel flawless and held up wonderfully against the humidity. My hair was so pretty - what pinterest dreams are made of! And my spraytan made me feel like I had the perfect amount of sunkissed color without feeling orange!
    I have never felt more beautiful than when I got in my wedding dress complete with my hair and makeup done. 10/10 would recommend Maui Makeup Artistry!
  • Maia
    Maia M. Married on 01/22/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Maui Makeup Artistry is the best!

Maui Makeup Artistry helped make the special day that much more special. Amber (hair) and Marissa (makeup) were truly, truly outstanding. I only wish I could take them both back to the mainland for my next event! Thanks so much!
    Amsgo Married on 12/16/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

what an AMAZING experience!!!

I hired Maui makeup artistry for my bridesmaids and they did an incredible job! so many of them came up to me telling me how they felt like princesses, and they all looked gorgeous! thanks so much!
  • Sarah
    Sarah D. Married on 10/28/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

We couldn't be happier with Maui Makeup Artistry!

We truly could not be any happier with Maui Makeup Artistry! From pre-wedding questions, scheduling, trial appointments, to the day of - Maui Makeup Artistry was a dream to work with every step of the way! I didn't have a chance to schedule a trial hair/makeup appointment until 2 days prior to my wedding, so I was a little nervous - but all my nerves were quickly calmed as soon as my appointment began! I knew I had made the right choice for my hair/makeup team. Professional, friendly & beyond talented. Getting ready for the wedding couldn't have gone any better. I absolutely loved my hair & makeup - they helped bring my vision to life! All my bridesmaids were beyond impressed & happy with their hair/makeup as well. We all had such a wonderful experience with this team! I couldn't recommend them highly enough.
  • Whitney
    Whitney K. Married on 10/02/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Awesome stylists for a wedding

I had my hair and makeup done for my wedding by Maui Makeup Artistry. Both of the stylists I worked with were excellent. They came prepared and brought a lot of positivity. They asked specific questions to make sure they were clear on what I was looking for. They worked meticulously to complete my vision. I was so happy with the outcome and had fun getting ready! I would definitely recommend the team to other brides!
    Tara Married on 06/27/2021

Awesome hair and makeup

Amberlee did my hair and makeup for my wedding on Maui 2 weeks ago. She created a beautiful boho braid and beach waves- exactly what I wanted. I rarely wear makeup so I was a little nervous but she created a super natural look that made my eyes pop for the photos. I was so happy with how everything turned out! Highly recommended!
  • Kathy
    Kathy T. Married on 05/05/2021

AMAZING hair and makeup!

FANTASTIC experience with Maui Makeup Artistry!!
    COMMUNICATION - Easy to communicate by email, though responses usually takes 24-48 h.
    PREPAREDNESS - Amber came on time and prepared with everything!! She know what makeup/hair styles I had favorited beforehand and made sure she knew exactly what I was looking for.

HIGHLY recommend!!! My makeup and hair looked PERFECT.
  • Brookaburns
    Brook B. Married on 04/27/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

I’ve never felt so beautiful 🤍

WOW! I am thrilled that I chose Maui Makeup Artistry for our wedding day. I have never felt so beautiful :). The team was wonderful from the moment they arrived. Everyone was so personable and they made getting ready fun- I truly felt like they were part of the group. The team even played some great music that set a nice laidback tone. I love how much they took everyone’s opinions into consideration and made sure my friends and our parents were completely satisfied with their look. I highly recommend Maui Makeup Artistry and couldn’t be happier with the decision to hire them for the wedding day.
    Narges T. Married on 01/20/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Awesome! Super happy with their work:)

Hi, Here is my experience with Maui Make up Artistry. I contacted them less than a month before my wedding day (Jan 21) because we didn’t know if we can make to Maui for sure until then. Liz, the owner, called me after a few hours I sent an email from their website. I was really stressed because one other Salon told me their are all booked and can’t have me. But when I talked to Liz it was very relieving. She said it’s a short noticed but she and her team will try their best. She did my make up herself and Amber did my hair. When we got to Maui I came by their place and met her with my husband. She was so sweet, lovely and warm as I expected. We went through what I liked for my make and hair style. We were on the same page and had the same taste. I showed her a few pictures and felt awesome after left her place. On the wedding date everything went well and I was SUPER happy with everything! Amber helped me put on my dress and took pictures of me because I didn’t have anyone with me. Even my husband came over there and got ready. She is one of the sweetest persons I have ever met in my life and a great artist. She listens to you and make you feel comfortable and dose what you want. Highly recommended.

Maui Makeup Artistry-Hair & Beauty Bar's reply:

Awee Nargus ! We such a lovely time with you and you looked so beautiful . Thank you for writing a sweet review and trusting Amber and I . Please send photos as I cant wait to see how the day was . Much Mahalo Liz & Team MMA
  • Meredith
    Meredith E. Married on 10/24/2020

Perfect Elopement Experience!

Hire Liz and her team. No one else, perfect luxury bridal experience. Eloping was not as easy as you imagine without the support of bridesmaid and family... Liz basically was all that and more. My hair and make up was perfection, enhanced my natural beauty and photographed amazingly. Worth every penny and more.
  • Erica
    Erica L. Married on 09/29/2020

Perfection

I selected Maui Makeup Artistry based on two things, an article I had read about them on a wedding site a few years ago and the gorgeous pictures on their Instagram. The ladies did not disappoint. They were flexible up until the last minute with changes to our services. I would highly recommend Maui Makeup Artistry to everyone searching for hair and makeup for their wedding day!
  • Wendy
    Wendy Married on 08/29/2020

Amazing work

My fiancé and I decided to have engagement photos done last minute while in Maui. I was connected with Lindsey and Amalie for make-up and hair. They both did an amazing job! Definitely recommend!
  • Ava
    Ava Married on 06/13/2020

Melissa is amazing!

Melissa did an AMAZING job for my wedding hair and makeup. I initially had a trial a few months before my wedding for my makeup and I was in love with it-- to the point where I took so many photos and was worried if she'd be able to recreate the same thing the day of! well she did! And she did my hair exactly the way I was picturing. Everyone commented all day about how amazing my makeup was. Definitely recommend!
  • Rebecca
    Rebecca W. Married on 02/29/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Loved my wedding hair and makeup!

Maui Makeup Artistry did an excellent job on hair and makeup for our wedding! Since it was destination I wasn't able to do my trial until two days before my wedding (which had me a little nervous), but my hair was perfect and the few changes I wanted to make based on my makeup trial were easy adjustments and Lindsey was a great listener throughout the process.
  • Kelsey
    Kelsey B. Married on 02/15/2020

Amazing team!

MMA was so great to work with! I had Anna and Sarah come in to do my hair and makeup. I would highly recommend them.
  • Danielle
    Joe G. Married on 02/04/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

I've never looked better!

Wow, the team at Muai Makeup Artistry blew me away! Melissa did my makeup (bride) with the Opulent package and I have never in my life looked so good - even my 3 year old daughter didn't recognize me at first and thought I was a princess. As a 45 year old first time bride I was anxious about how my hair and makeup would turn out but there was no reason to be anything but thrilled. It was astonishing how great the entire bridal party looked from the work of the team. Mother of the groom loved her hair and makeup and felt special on her son's special day. Absolutely can't recommend Melissa and the rest of the Maui Makeup Artistry team more - what a treasure in Maui for special occasions. I just wish they were stateside to use more often.
  • F
    Fred K. Married on 11/22/2019

Absolutely Wonderful!

We had Maui Makeup Artistry do my wife’s hair and makeup for our wedding. It was somewhat short notice, but they were so very easy to work with. Dana always returned our emails promptly, which definitely made us feel at ease. Melissa arrived right on time. She asked my wife lots of questions about what she wanted and how she thought everything looked. She did what we can only describe as an amazing job. My wife looked even more beautiful than ever! We couldn’t have been happier with Maui Makeup Artistry. They were fantastic! We would absolutely recommend them for any hair and makeup. They certainly made our wedding a breeze! We highly recommend them!
    Dr. P. Married on 10/27/2019

Dr. Pittman

WOW!!! The premier services rendered by makeup artist Melissa far exceeded my expectations! Her presence not only left an indelible mark upon my heart, the exactness in execution of what I'd envisioned was on point and flawless!
    While the consummate professional she was simultaneously funny and approachable. It's the most fun I've ever had getting my face beat to perfection. The artistry of her techniques and product knowledgeability was exceptional.

I believe Melissa's primary objective is to "enhance" the natural beauty of the client while engrafting their vision. Upon a blank canvas, she meticulously though ever so gently scuplted a "jaw-dropping" vision of lover for my 25 year vow renewal ceremony in Maui, Hawaii.

I highly recommend Melissa of Maui Makeup Artistry to any bride who is interested in achieving undeniable makeup artistry for their special day!

Dr. Pittman
  • Ryan
    Ryan E. Married on 08/28/2019

Hair + Makeup on Point!

Lindsey and Amalie did incredible work for our hair and makeup for my wedding day. Amalie did an absolutely amazing job with everyone's hair, capturing the braiding and overall essence I envisioned for everyone's hair. Lindsey was just incredible as a person and a makeup artist. She kept the conversation going, had such a friendly and calming presence and made everyone feel beautiful. Especially my mom who was so nervous to get her makeup done. I can't thank both of these women enough for everything they did for us!
    Aly E. Married on 05/08/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

These girls were beyond wonderful

The girls who did our hair and makeup were amazing. They were easy to chat to, they made us feel comfortable, they took our thoughts into account, and guided us to where we needed to be. Our hair and makeup was light and beachy and bohemian, everything we wanted. We had a great morning hanging with the girls and chatting about all the things to do on the island, which really eased my pre-wedding nerves!
illustration stars