Maui Makeup Artistry-Hair & Beauty Bar Reviews

Maui Makeup Artistry-Hair & Beauty Bar 6
Maui Makeup Artistry-Hair & Beauty Bar 7

Aly Russell · Married on 05/08/2019

Amazing experience

These ladies were such beautiful souls. I had both a trial and wedding day hair and makeup done, along with my three bridesmaids. We felt so at ease with the girls, they listened to all of our opinions, gave us options we hadn’t even thought of, and made sure we were completely happy at the end. They also gave us suggestions for places to enjoy on the island! They were so lovely to chat to I would see them again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 05/11/2019
    Maui Makeup Artistry-Hair & Beauty Bar 8
    Maui Makeup Artistry-Hair & Beauty Bar 9
    Maui Makeup Artistry-Hair & Beauty Bar 10
    Maui Makeup Artistry-Hair & Beauty Bar 11
  • Aly

Aly Enns · Married on 05/08/2019

These girls were beyond wonderful

The girls who did our hair and makeup were amazing. They were easy to chat to, they made us feel comfortable, they took our thoughts into account, and guided us to where we needed to be. Our hair and makeup was light and beachy and bohemian, everything we wanted. We had a great morning hanging with the girls and chatting about all the things to do on the island, which really eased my pre-wedding nerves!

Sent on 09/17/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole Jones · Married on 05/04/2019

Fun experience. Professional work.

Anna and Kim were absolutely fabulous! They were fun to work with and the final product was simply stunning. True professionals. It rained during our outdoor ceremony and our hair and makeup never faltered. Highly recommend MMA!!

Sent on 05/11/2019
    Maui Makeup Artistry-Hair & Beauty Bar 12
    Maui Makeup Artistry-Hair & Beauty Bar 13

Rina Mierzwinski · Married on 04/06/2019

Dream Glam Team

Maui Makeup Artistry is the ultimate glam team. They nailed the vision for my look as well as my mother’s look. I wanted a soft makeup with romantic waves and my mother wanted to have her hair done in an Imelda Marcos-like updo. We’re Filipino and the vision was to have Asian beauty looks; mine was more doll-like with pick blush and eye makeup that opened up my eyes, mom’s was soft makeup with Imelda’s signature updo. Liz and Kim executed our makeup looks and were so sweet and professional. Shelby gave me the most beautiful, romantic waves and was able to fulfill my mother’s dream of having the Imelda Marcos updo to perfectly match her Mestiza gown. Thank you Liz, Kim and Shelby! You are the best and we felt so beautiful because of you!

Sent on 04/13/2019
  • Marjan

Marjan Ahmadi · Married on 03/13/2019

Wedding glam

I had them for my Hair and make up and was very happy for both services. Team staff are very professional. Definitely do a trail to see what you like for your big day :)

Sent on 06/07/2019
  • Chelsea

Chelsea Moulton · Married on 10/22/2018

Perfect for any event!

Destination weddings make many things easier but can also be difficult because for a lot of reasons but the main being you do not have the luxury of meeting vendors or doing a trial run before the big day. For things like hair and make-up that can either be great or it can go very wrong. I can honestly say I got so very lucky with Maui Make-up Artistry. I have never felt more beautiful in my entire life. Not only did I feel beautiful, but my mother, mother in law and bridesmaids also all felt beautiful. Maui Make-up Artistry did an amazing job and I cannot thank them enough for how I felt and how beautiful my mother, mother in law and bridesmaids felt. Would 100% recommend them for any event!

Sent on 12/19/2018
    Maui Makeup Artistry-Hair & Beauty Bar 14
    Maui Makeup Artistry-Hair & Beauty Bar 15
    Maui Makeup Artistry-Hair & Beauty Bar 16

Anne · Married on 07/28/2018

MMA did a fabulous job on the members of our wedding party. They really understood the nature of everyone's hair and skin. They knew how to make us look great in both sun and evening light. They also knew how to minimize sweating. They made the brides' mother so gorgeous, her husband (and everyone else) said she had never looked so amazing. Equally important, they were timely, professional, easy going and fit in with the group. They were better than people I've worked with in New York City. Finding good people on Maui is hard. MMA would be my choice anywhere. Shelby was not only a genius with hair, by the way, she was helpful about other aspects of Maui life.

Sent on 08/22/2018

Melissa · Married on 07/28/2018

Even actively trying to find one, I can think of a single critique. The ladies at MMA were on time, every time. They exceeded the expectations of every person they worked on, both hair and makeup. They were extremely easy to talk to, great conversationalists.

Sent on 09/18/2018
    Maui Makeup Artistry-Hair & Beauty Bar 17
    Maui Makeup Artistry-Hair & Beauty Bar 18
    Maui Makeup Artistry-Hair & Beauty Bar 19

Mindy · Married on 07/10/2018

Truly had the most wonderful experience working with Maui Makeup Artistry for my destination wedding in Maui! I knew they were the one after sifting through their Instagram gallery and seeing the magic they created. I was particularly interested in them because I knew they had vast experience with Asian brides - in the past, having had my makeup done disastrously, I knew I had to choose carefully. Also because I was planning a destination wedding while based in Philadelphia, I had to make sure I would trust them as I would not have time to try multiple vendors. I was fortunate to have a trial the day before the wedding with Liz and Anna, who immediately put me at ease - it felt like my makeup and hair was being done by close girlfriends. They are tremendously sweet, easy going, and so ready to try anything and everything. They also made sure to switch up my hair trial at the end so that I would surprise everyone the day of the wedding with my "real" look. The day of the wedding was even more remarkable as the rest of their team gracefully and easily dealt with my bridesmaids, junior bridesmaids, flower girl, and my mother (my mother who never wears makeup was so pleased with them!). Additionally, I was so grateful to them for squeezing in a few add on services (which wasn't easy with all of the people and short time frame we had!) as various people decided last minute they wanted a little extra somethin somethin! I felt truly not only beautiful on my wedding day, but I still felt like myself which was extremely important to me. My groom thought the exact same thing. Liz also was wonderful in telling me what kind of foundation types work best with my skin, etc. etc. Loved them and wish I could be dolled up by them every day!

Sent on 08/31/2018
    Maui Makeup Artistry-Hair & Beauty Bar 20
    Maui Makeup Artistry-Hair & Beauty Bar 21
    Maui Makeup Artistry-Hair & Beauty Bar 22
    Maui Makeup Artistry-Hair & Beauty Bar 23
    Maui Makeup Artistry-Hair & Beauty Bar 24

Becca · Married on 07/04/2018

Liz and Anna were absolutely incredible artists. They were the stylists for my wedding day with my hair and make-up. As a person who works in the visual art world, it is hard to come by two professionals that set such a high standard with their craft. These two brilliant women are committed to such excellence. I felt so lucky to have them on my wedding day. They set such a beautiful, fun tone in my room while we were getting ready. I have never felt more stunning - a work of art. Thank you for your brilliance. I have to find an excuse to do it again some day. There is no one better on the island. Much Aloha and Mahalo to you.

Sent on 07/10/2018
    Maui Makeup Artistry-Hair & Beauty Bar 25
    Maui Makeup Artistry-Hair & Beauty Bar 26
  • Jen

Jen Ladner · Married on 04/27/2018

Hair & Makeup

Shelby from Maui Makeup Artistry did both my hair and makeup for my wedding day, as well as a trial hair & makeup the day before (which I totally recommend if you are nervous!). She was absolutely incredible! She is so knowledgeable about hair & makeup and so talented at both. She put me at ease — and I never wear makeup and don’t know what I’m doing half the time so I was super anxious beforehand! She even gave me tips and tricks along the way. She continually went out of her way to make sure I loved my hair & makeup, and even though I started off saying I wanted something “natural” and not really knowing what that even meant (or any makeup lingo for that matter) she listened to me and really heard me and went exactly with the look and the overall style I was desiring (romantic bohemian). I felt listened to, respected, and cared for every step of the way. She was like an older sister or best friend that just popped in to do my makeup! I could not recommend Shelby more. She will go above and beyond to make sure you are beyond satisfied and give you the best hair & makeup experience of your life! I am serious when I say I have never felt more beautiful in my entire life!

Sent on 05/17/2019
    Maui Makeup Artistry-Hair & Beauty Bar 27

Sabrina · Married on 02/16/2018

Shelby did my hair and Lindsey did my makeup. Shelby was AMAZING! Not only did she do an amazing job with my hair (I have naturally curly/frizzy long hair that she styled/tamed into a wonderful beachy wave look, but she was so much fun to hang with as I was getting glammed! My hair held up really well in the humidity!

Lindsey did a fantastic job with my airbrushed makeup, however, my now husband said I looked a bit orange. I think it was the weather or something that make the color change a little.... I hope that I dont look orange in my photos! I also had some makeup in my hair that made it look like I had some grey hairs in front and my under eyes looked black after a couple of hours (which was probably the humidity). I wish I would have skipped any bottom mascara/shadow/liner.

Sent on 02/26/2018

Devyn · Married on 10/26/2017

Best hair and makeup on the island! After the trial I didn’t think I could be more pleased with my hair and makeup but Liz and Shelby made me feel like the most beautiful bride on my wedding day!! I can’t recommend them enough! Thanks ladies- you are AMAZING!

Sent on 11/02/2017

lindsay · Married on 06/03/2017

Couldn't be happier with how my hair and makeup turned out for my wedding day and the events leading up to our wedding. They worked with me to create the exact vision I had and it was perfect! The girls were so fun and relaxed the day of the wedding and it made the whole process so easy and seamless. My bridesmaids, mom and mother in law also loved their work. Couldn't recommend them more!

Sent on 11/06/2017

Jillian · Married on 05/12/2017

Best Hair & MU on Maui!! All of the girls did an amazing job for my wedding, and I would highly recommend them to any bride. Liz made the perfect suggestions for my make up, from what foundation to use to what colours would look best with my complexion and eye colour. Shelby knew exactly what I wanted with my hair and also made excellent recommendations to suit my hair type. Together they delivered exactly what I was hoping for on the day. The whole team was very talented and they completely set the tone for a stress free day. Thank you ladies. xx

Sent on 07/19/2017

Jenny · Married on 05/08/2017

Thank you to Liz and Shelby for such an amazing job! I usually don't wear much makeup so I knew I wanted a more natural look but still looked nice on camera. Liz and Shelby 100% fulfilled my vision and I couldn't have asked for anything more perfect! The both are super talented and easy to work with and I would highly recommend them! Liz and Shelby are the best!!!

Sent on 12/06/2017
    Maui Makeup Artistry-Hair & Beauty Bar 28
    Maui Makeup Artistry-Hair & Beauty Bar 29

Michelle · Married on 05/05/2017

Choosing a makeup artist and hair stylist for a destination wedding can be a stressful task. Liz makes you feel at ease during the planning process. She is extremely organized and wonderful to work with. I was lucky to be in Maui a few months prior so scheduled a trial. Anna and Sarah showed up at my hotel with so much fun and friendly energy. Not only are they extremely talented artists they are so friendly, fun and calming. I ended up booking them for my rehearsal dinner and wedding in May 2017. I loved the fun style and makeup for the rehearsal dinner and the wedding hair and makeup was GORGEOUS! It stayed on all night which is impressive a climate like Hawaii. They also did the moms, maid of honor and flower girl. Everyone was so happy with their styles. I'm just starting to get some picture back and in love with their work. Everyone looks beautiful and flawless. I'm so happy with the results and highly recommend Maui Makeup Artistry. I would give them 10 stars if I could.

Sent on 07/22/2017

Nina · Married on 04/01/2017

Maui Makeup was a dream to work with for our Maui wedding. The ladies were so amazing, talented and friendly and just genuinely warm and happy for us. They made getting ready in the morning fun and free from stress. We also all looked fabulous, but that goes without saying, everyone did such a great job. My makeup stayed on all day, even in the Maui heat and humidity. A big HUG and THANK YOU to the ladies at Maui Makeup, our day was absolutely perfect!

Sent on 06/07/2017

Anastacia · Married on 03/21/2017

How do I even begin to start sharing how INCREDIBLE my experience was with Maui Makeup Artistry! Both girls were professional, sweet and absolutely talented. They came to my hotel room, had everything they needed, propped me up in a chair and did their work. It was such a pampering experience. They turned my pinterest images into a Bride more stunning than I realized I could be. Brought tears to my eyes and definitely my husbands during our first look. He just kept saying "WOW, WOW!" he was speechless. I truly recommend these girls for any Bride wanting to feel like YOU but the most fabulous version of YOU.

Sent on 04/11/2017

Leah · Married on 03/17/2017

Liz and her team are the best at what they do. I've had many different make up artists on Maui do my make up for fashion shows over the years, and Liz was the only one I ever really LOVED and asked for her card. I saved it for years and when it came time for me to get married, I knew exactly who I was going to call for my make up...Liz! Her spray tans are also so natural and not at all orange. On top of all that, she's an awesome person just to hang out with! Which can be important if you're getting ready for an important event like your wedding where you really only want the best vibes around before your big day! Thanks for making me and all my maids as beautiful as we could have ever dreamed on the most special day of my life.

Sent on 03/30/2017

rashmi · Married on 03/04/2017

Hands down the best skilled makeup/hair artists I have come across. Let me start off by saying that I am one of the hardest to please when it comes to getting my makeup done in general, let alone for my own Indian wedding. That all changed when I met Liz. Liz is not only one of the kindest, most PATIENT people I've met, but she listened to my vision and my likes/dislikes without any hesitation. From the beginning, Liz always told me she would work with my makeup vision and do what made me most comfortable. She completely exceeded my expectations. She did my makeup exactly how I had imagined, but she also was such a calming effect for me during my wedding events. Words can't express how thankful I am to Liz and her team for accommodating to my crazy requests, their flexibility in doing multiple hair/makeup for my family, and unreal skills at what they do. Liz and her entire team are beyond patient and all masters of their trade. Not only did they do an amazing job with my makeup and hair, but they also helped to put on my tikka and dupatta on my wedding outfit. Neither of these pieces are simple to place but they did a fantastic job on all fronts! These ladies know what they are doing, and best of all, for the hours of time it took to get me ready, they were such a fun, bubbly and energetic group of ladies that kept me entertained and calm. You ladies rock and again, thank you for making me look beautiful for all of my events. xoxo!

Sent on 04/04/2017

I had an awesome experience with Liz and her team. Everything from booking all the way to getting my actual hair and makeup done. Shelby did my hair which looked great! I only wish I got a photo of the back of my head, my veil was on for pretty much the whole time so i didn't see it much in photos. Sarah did my makeup and she was so sweet and pleasant. I'm a makeup enthusiast so I have quite a bit of make up knowledge and I was worried I might not like the makeup. However she did an awesome job! I couldn't believe how good my skin looked. It lasted the entire day, usually my face gets oily and requires some blotting throughout the day. Nope. It wasn't even the airbrush foundation and it looked so natural and skin like. She was amazing and gentle and had really really great application techniques (things that make my eyes water, or make me flinch did not happen!) I wanted her to stay and be my friend, she was so lovely! I wish I would have met the Liz too but I guess they don't really need to send out the whole army for just one person getting services lol. Both ladies were early and finished quicker than anticipated. Overall awesome experience with Maui Makeup artistry. I would highly recommend their services. Thank you Shelby, Sarah and Liz for making me pretty on my special day!

Sent on 03/03/2017

Allison · Married on 09/17/2016

I don't normally write reviews but in this case a simple 'thank you' just wasn't enough to convey my gratitude for the amazing job Maui Makeup Artistry did at my wedding. Liz, Shelby and Sarah were so professional, on time and prepared -- they even finished early, putting us ahead of schedule for pre-wedding photos! Absolutely awesome and might I mention unheard of in the wedding industry!

From the moment I met Liz and Shelby at my trial they went out of their way to make me feel comfortable, confident, and relaxed. Since I don't normally wear makeup, we designed a very natural look that was great for photos but still allowed me to feel like myself. Liz truly went above and beyond, even helping me choose the right shades for my bridesmaids based on the colors of the wedding and their dresses. And Shelby took the mess of 'Pinterest inspiration' I gave her and created a beautiful and unique braided, boho up-do that stunned everyone.

The best part about my Maui Makeup Artistry team was how relaxed they made me feel. Being a bride can be incredibly stressful but Sarah, Liz and Shelby made sure I didn't have to worry about a thing. From talking down unruly bridesmaids who were insisting they needed to look different than everyone else, to late-for-their appointment mother-in-laws, these three ladies took care of everything. I was able to sit back and enjoy my day without any stress thanks to them and for that alone I am eternally grateful!

I cannot recommend this team enough. Thank you so much Liz, Shelby and Sarah!

Sent on 09/21/2016

Stephanie · Married on 09/08/2016

From the trial to the finishing touches on the big day Liz was incredible! She was so much fun to be around! I had a trial about 9 months before the wedding - I wasn't really sure what I wanted but she had great suggestions based on my dress design. She also came to our condo a couple of days before the wedding and did spray tans for my bridesmaids. On the big day, Anna did hair and Liz did makeup. I had airbrush foundation and lashes - loved both. They both did a fantastic job and kept us all calm and relaxed. On the day and now after seeing the photos, I could not be happier with the Maui Makeup Artistry team!

Sent on 11/21/2016

My makeup artist was Liz, and she brought along her team of other makeup artists and hairstylists, and I can't speak highly enough of them all. The makeup on everyone (and I mean everyone) and the hair on my bridesmaids was AMAZING. I felt like a princess on my wedding day thanks to the amazing talent of these ladies. I was lucky enough to have a trial with Liz a couple months before the wedding, and I was hooked after that. She was so kind and caring and made it clear that I wasn't just another check; she honestly wanted me to look and feel beautiful for my big day. I'll never forget at the trial how she told me that I needed to be honest with her then because there were no emotions tied to that makeup trial like there would be on the wedding day, so she helped me perfect the look I wanted, and it did turn out perfectly on my wedding day. I have gotten so many compliments from the pictures of how pretty my makeup looked, and I gush about how awesome my makeup team was! And my bridesmaids hair turned out perfectly, I honestly wished I had used this team for my bridal hair as I was not all that impressed with the updo from the hotel's salon. I would most definitely use these ladies again, every time!

Sent on 05/18/2016