Maui Makeup Artistry-Hair & Beauty Bar Reviews

95 Reviews for Maui Makeup Artistry-Hair & Beauty Bar

• Wendy

Wendy · Married on 08/29/2020

Amazing work

My fiancé and I decided to have engagement photos done last minute while in Maui. I was connected with Lindsey and Amalie for make-up and hair. They both did an amazing job! Definitely recommend!

Sent on 09/24/2019
  • Ava

Ava · Married on 06/13/2020

Melissa is amazing!

Melissa did an AMAZING job for my wedding hair and makeup. I initially had a trial a few months before my wedding for my makeup and I was in love with it-- to the point where I took so many photos and was worried if she'd be able to recreate the same thing the day of! well she did! And she did my hair exactly the way I was picturing. Everyone commented all day about how amazing my makeup was. Definitely recommend!

Sent on 02/25/2020
  • Rebecca

Rebecca Wolfe · Married on 02/29/2020

Loved my wedding hair and makeup!

Maui Makeup Artistry did an excellent job on hair and makeup for our wedding! Since it was destination I wasn't able to do my trial until two days before my wedding (which had me a little nervous), but my hair was perfect and the few changes I wanted to make based on my makeup trial were easy adjustments and Lindsey was a great listener throughout the process.

Sent on 04/30/2020
  • Kelsey

Kelsey Beelby · Married on 02/15/2020

Amazing team!

MMA was so great to work with! I had Anna and Sarah come in to do my hair and makeup. I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 03/30/2020
  • Danielle

Joe Gouge · Married on 02/04/2020

I've never looked better!

Wow, the team at Muai Makeup Artistry blew me away! Melissa did my makeup (bride) with the Opulent package and I have never in my life looked so good - even my 3 year old daughter didn't recognize me at first and thought I was a princess. As a 45 year old first time bride I was anxious about how my hair and makeup would turn out but there was no reason to be anything but thrilled. It was astonishing how great the entire bridal party looked from the work of the team. Mother of the groom loved her hair and makeup and felt special on her son's special day. Absolutely can't recommend Melissa and the rest of the Maui Makeup Artistry team more - what a treasure in Maui for special occasions. I just wish they were stateside to use more often.

Sent on 02/18/2020
  • F

Fred Kimler · Married on 11/22/2019

Absolutely Wonderful!

We had Maui Makeup Artistry do my wife’s hair and makeup for our wedding. It was somewhat short notice, but they were so very easy to work with. Dana always returned our emails promptly, which definitely made us feel at ease. Melissa arrived right on time. She asked my wife lots of questions about what she wanted and how she thought everything looked. She did what we can only describe as an amazing job. My wife looked even more beautiful than ever! We couldn’t have been happier with Maui Makeup Artistry. They were fantastic! We would absolutely recommend them for any hair and makeup. They certainly made our wedding a breeze! We highly recommend them!

Sent on 12/03/2019

Dr. Pittman · Married on 10/27/2019

Dr. Pittman

WOW!!! The premier services rendered by makeup artist Melissa far exceeded my expectations! Her presence not only left an indelible mark upon my heart, the exactness in execution of what I'd envisioned was on point and flawless!
    While the consummate professional she was simultaneously funny and approachable. It's the most fun I've ever had getting my face beat to perfection. The artistry of her techniques and product knowledgeability was exceptional.

I believe Melissa's primary objective is to "enhance" the natural beauty of the client while engrafting their vision. Upon a blank canvas, she meticulously though ever so gently scuplted a "jaw-dropping" vision of lover for my 25 year vow renewal ceremony in Maui, Hawaii.

I highly recommend Melissa of Maui Makeup Artistry to any bride who is interested in achieving undeniable makeup artistry for their special day!

Dr. Pittman

Sent on 10/31/2019
  • Ryan

Ryan Esparza · Married on 08/28/2019

Hair + Makeup on Point!

Lindsey and Amalie did incredible work for our hair and makeup for my wedding day. Amalie did an absolutely amazing job with everyone's hair, capturing the braiding and overall essence I envisioned for everyone's hair. Lindsey was just incredible as a person and a makeup artist. She kept the conversation going, had such a friendly and calming presence and made everyone feel beautiful. Especially my mom who was so nervous to get her makeup done. I can't thank both of these women enough for everything they did for us!

Sent on 11/09/2019

Aly Russell · Married on 05/08/2019

Amazing experience

These ladies were such beautiful souls. I had both a trial and wedding day hair and makeup done, along with my three bridesmaids. We felt so at ease with the girls, they listened to all of our opinions, gave us options we hadn’t even thought of, and made sure we were completely happy at the end. They also gave us suggestions for places to enjoy on the island! They were so lovely to chat to I would see them again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 05/11/2019
  • Aly

Aly Enns · Married on 05/08/2019

These girls were beyond wonderful

The girls who did our hair and makeup were amazing. They were easy to chat to, they made us feel comfortable, they took our thoughts into account, and guided us to where we needed to be. Our hair and makeup was light and beachy and bohemian, everything we wanted. We had a great morning hanging with the girls and chatting about all the things to do on the island, which really eased my pre-wedding nerves!

Sent on 09/17/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole Jones · Married on 05/04/2019

Fun experience. Professional work.

Anna and Kim were absolutely fabulous! They were fun to work with and the final product was simply stunning. True professionals. It rained during our outdoor ceremony and our hair and makeup never faltered. Highly recommend MMA!!

Sent on 05/11/2019

Rina Mierzwinski · Married on 04/06/2019

Dream Glam Team

Maui Makeup Artistry is the ultimate glam team. They nailed the vision for my look as well as my mother’s look. I wanted a soft makeup with romantic waves and my mother wanted to have her hair done in an Imelda Marcos-like updo. We’re Filipino and the vision was to have Asian beauty looks; mine was more doll-like with pick blush and eye makeup that opened up my eyes, mom’s was soft makeup with Imelda’s signature updo. Liz and Kim executed our makeup looks and were so sweet and professional. Shelby gave me the most beautiful, romantic waves and was able to fulfill my mother’s dream of having the Imelda Marcos updo to perfectly match her Mestiza gown. Thank you Liz, Kim and Shelby! You are the best and we felt so beautiful because of you!

Sent on 04/13/2019
  • Marjan

Marjan Ahmadi · Married on 03/13/2019

Wedding glam

I had them for my Hair and make up and was very happy for both services. Team staff are very professional. Definitely do a trail to see what you like for your big day :)

Sent on 06/07/2019
  • Chelsea

Chelsea Moulton · Married on 10/22/2018

Perfect for any event!

Destination weddings make many things easier but can also be difficult because for a lot of reasons but the main being you do not have the luxury of meeting vendors or doing a trial run before the big day. For things like hair and make-up that can either be great or it can go very wrong. I can honestly say I got so very lucky with Maui Make-up Artistry. I have never felt more beautiful in my entire life. Not only did I feel beautiful, but my mother, mother in law and bridesmaids also all felt beautiful. Maui Make-up Artistry did an amazing job and I cannot thank them enough for how I felt and how beautiful my mother, mother in law and bridesmaids felt. Would 100% recommend them for any event!

Sent on 12/19/2018

Anne · Married on 07/28/2018

MMA did a fabulous job on the members of our wedding party. They really understood the nature of everyone's hair and skin. They knew how to make us look great in both sun and evening light. They also knew how to minimize sweating. They made the brides' mother so gorgeous, her husband (and everyone else) said she had never looked so amazing. Equally important, they were timely, professional, easy going and fit in with the group. They were better than people I've worked with in New York City. Finding good people on Maui is hard. MMA would be my choice anywhere. Shelby was not only a genius with hair, by the way, she was helpful about other aspects of Maui life.

Sent on 08/22/2018

Melissa · Married on 07/28/2018

Even actively trying to find one, I can think of a single critique. The ladies at MMA were on time, every time. They exceeded the expectations of every person they worked on, both hair and makeup. They were extremely easy to talk to, great conversationalists.

Sent on 09/18/2018

Mindy · Married on 07/10/2018

Truly had the most wonderful experience working with Maui Makeup Artistry for my destination wedding in Maui! I knew they were the one after sifting through their Instagram gallery and seeing the magic they created. I was particularly interested in them because I knew they had vast experience with Asian brides - in the past, having had my makeup done disastrously, I knew I had to choose carefully. Also because I was planning a destination wedding while based in Philadelphia, I had to make sure I would trust them as I would not have time to try multiple vendors. I was fortunate to have a trial the day before the wedding with Liz and Anna, who immediately put me at ease - it felt like my makeup and hair was being done by close girlfriends. They are tremendously sweet, easy going, and so ready to try anything and everything. They also made sure to switch up my hair trial at the end so that I would surprise everyone the day of the wedding with my "real" look. The day of the wedding was even more remarkable as the rest of their team gracefully and easily dealt with my bridesmaids, junior bridesmaids, flower girl, and my mother (my mother who never wears makeup was so pleased with them!). Additionally, I was so grateful to them for squeezing in a few add on services (which wasn't easy with all of the people and short time frame we had!) as various people decided last minute they wanted a little extra somethin somethin! I felt truly not only beautiful on my wedding day, but I still felt like myself which was extremely important to me. My groom thought the exact same thing. Liz also was wonderful in telling me what kind of foundation types work best with my skin, etc. etc. Loved them and wish I could be dolled up by them every day!

Sent on 08/31/2018

Becca · Married on 07/04/2018

Liz and Anna were absolutely incredible artists. They were the stylists for my wedding day with my hair and make-up. As a person who works in the visual art world, it is hard to come by two professionals that set such a high standard with their craft. These two brilliant women are committed to such excellence. I felt so lucky to have them on my wedding day. They set such a beautiful, fun tone in my room while we were getting ready. I have never felt more stunning - a work of art. Thank you for your brilliance. I have to find an excuse to do it again some day. There is no one better on the island. Much Aloha and Mahalo to you.

Sent on 07/10/2018
  • Jen

Jen Ladner · Married on 04/27/2018

Hair & Makeup

Shelby from Maui Makeup Artistry did both my hair and makeup for my wedding day, as well as a trial hair & makeup the day before (which I totally recommend if you are nervous!). She was absolutely incredible! She is so knowledgeable about hair & makeup and so talented at both. She put me at ease — and I never wear makeup and don’t know what I’m doing half the time so I was super anxious beforehand! She even gave me tips and tricks along the way. She continually went out of her way to make sure I loved my hair & makeup, and even though I started off saying I wanted something “natural” and not really knowing what that even meant (or any makeup lingo for that matter) she listened to me and really heard me and went exactly with the look and the overall style I was desiring (romantic bohemian). I felt listened to, respected, and cared for every step of the way. She was like an older sister or best friend that just popped in to do my makeup! I could not recommend Shelby more. She will go above and beyond to make sure you are beyond satisfied and give you the best hair & makeup experience of your life! I am serious when I say I have never felt more beautiful in my entire life!

Sent on 05/17/2019

Sabrina · Married on 02/16/2018

Shelby did my hair and Lindsey did my makeup. Shelby was AMAZING! Not only did she do an amazing job with my hair (I have naturally curly/frizzy long hair that she styled/tamed into a wonderful beachy wave look, but she was so much fun to hang with as I was getting glammed! My hair held up really well in the humidity!

Lindsey did a fantastic job with my airbrushed makeup, however, my now husband said I looked a bit orange. I think it was the weather or something that make the color change a little.... I hope that I dont look orange in my photos! I also had some makeup in my hair that made it look like I had some grey hairs in front and my under eyes looked black after a couple of hours (which was probably the humidity). I wish I would have skipped any bottom mascara/shadow/liner.

Sent on 02/26/2018

Devyn · Married on 10/26/2017

Best hair and makeup on the island! After the trial I didn’t think I could be more pleased with my hair and makeup but Liz and Shelby made me feel like the most beautiful bride on my wedding day!! I can’t recommend them enough! Thanks ladies- you are AMAZING!

Sent on 11/02/2017

lindsay · Married on 06/03/2017

Couldn't be happier with how my hair and makeup turned out for my wedding day and the events leading up to our wedding. They worked with me to create the exact vision I had and it was perfect! The girls were so fun and relaxed the day of the wedding and it made the whole process so easy and seamless. My bridesmaids, mom and mother in law also loved their work. Couldn't recommend them more!

Sent on 11/06/2017

Jillian · Married on 05/12/2017

Best Hair & MU on Maui!! All of the girls did an amazing job for my wedding, and I would highly recommend them to any bride. Liz made the perfect suggestions for my make up, from what foundation to use to what colours would look best with my complexion and eye colour. Shelby knew exactly what I wanted with my hair and also made excellent recommendations to suit my hair type. Together they delivered exactly what I was hoping for on the day. The whole team was very talented and they completely set the tone for a stress free day. Thank you ladies. xx

Sent on 07/19/2017

Jenny · Married on 05/08/2017

Thank you to Liz and Shelby for such an amazing job! I usually don't wear much makeup so I knew I wanted a more natural look but still looked nice on camera. Liz and Shelby 100% fulfilled my vision and I couldn't have asked for anything more perfect! The both are super talented and easy to work with and I would highly recommend them! Liz and Shelby are the best!!!

Sent on 12/06/2017

Michelle · Married on 05/05/2017

Choosing a makeup artist and hair stylist for a destination wedding can be a stressful task. Liz makes you feel at ease during the planning process. She is extremely organized and wonderful to work with. I was lucky to be in Maui a few months prior so scheduled a trial. Anna and Sarah showed up at my hotel with so much fun and friendly energy. Not only are they extremely talented artists they are so friendly, fun and calming. I ended up booking them for my rehearsal dinner and wedding in May 2017. I loved the fun style and makeup for the rehearsal dinner and the wedding hair and makeup was GORGEOUS! It stayed on all night which is impressive a climate like Hawaii. They also did the moms, maid of honor and flower girl. Everyone was so happy with their styles. I'm just starting to get some picture back and in love with their work. Everyone looks beautiful and flawless. I'm so happy with the results and highly recommend Maui Makeup Artistry. I would give them 10 stars if I could.

Sent on 07/22/2017