Maui Makeup Artistry-Hair & Beauty Bar Reviews

77 | Makawao, HI

77 Reviews for Maui Makeup Artistry-Hair & Beauty Bar

77 Maui Makeup Artistry-Hair & Beauty Bar Reviews

Anne · Married on 07/28/2018

MMA did a fabulous job on the members of our wedding party. They really understood the nature of everyone's hair and skin. They knew how to make us look great in both sun and evening light. They also knew how to minimize sweating. They made the brides' mother so gorgeous, her husband (and everyone else) said she had never looked so amazing. Equally important, they were timely, professional, easy going and fit in with the group. They were better than people I've worked with in New York City. Finding good people on Maui is hard. MMA would be my choice anywhere. Shelby was not only a genius with hair, by the way, she was helpful about other aspects of Maui life.

Melissa · Married on 07/28/2018

Even actively trying to find one, I can think of a single critique. The ladies at MMA were on time, every time. They exceeded the expectations of every person they worked on, both hair and makeup. They were extremely easy to talk to, great conversationalists.

Maui Makeup Artistry-Hair & Beauty Bar 1
    Maui Makeup Artistry-Hair & Beauty Bar 2
    Maui Makeup Artistry-Hair & Beauty Bar 3

Mindy · Married on 07/10/2018

Truly had the most wonderful experience working with Maui Makeup Artistry for my destination wedding in Maui! I knew they were the one after sifting through their Instagram gallery and seeing the magic they created. I was particularly interested in them because I knew they had vast experience with Asian brides - in the past, having had my makeup done disastrously, I knew I had to choose carefully. Also because I was planning a destination wedding while based in Philadelphia, I had to make sure I would trust them as I would not have time to try multiple vendors. I was fortunate to have a trial the day before the wedding with Liz and Anna, who immediately put me at ease - it felt like my makeup and hair was being done by close girlfriends. They are tremendously sweet, easy going, and so ready to try anything and everything. They also made sure to switch up my hair trial at the end so that I would surprise everyone the day of the wedding with my "real" look. The day of the wedding was even more remarkable as the rest of their team gracefully and easily dealt with my bridesmaids, junior bridesmaids, flower girl, and my mother (my mother who never wears makeup was so pleased with them!). Additionally, I was so grateful to them for squeezing in a few add on services (which wasn't easy with all of the people and short time frame we had!) as various people decided last minute they wanted a little extra somethin somethin! I felt truly not only beautiful on my wedding day, but I still felt like myself which was extremely important to me. My groom thought the exact same thing. Liz also was wonderful in telling me what kind of foundation types work best with my skin, etc. etc. Loved them and wish I could be dolled up by them every day!

Maui Makeup Artistry-Hair & Beauty Bar 4
    Maui Makeup Artistry-Hair & Beauty Bar 5
    Maui Makeup Artistry-Hair & Beauty Bar 6
    Maui Makeup Artistry-Hair & Beauty Bar 7
    Maui Makeup Artistry-Hair & Beauty Bar 8

Becca · Married on 07/04/2018

Liz and Anna were absolutely incredible artists. They were the stylists for my wedding day with my hair and make-up. As a person who works in the visual art world, it is hard to come by two professionals that set such a high standard with their craft. These two brilliant women are committed to such excellence. I felt so lucky to have them on my wedding day. They set such a beautiful, fun tone in my room while we were getting ready. I have never felt more stunning - a work of art. Thank you for your brilliance. I have to find an excuse to do it again some day. There is no one better on the island. Much Aloha and Mahalo to you.

Maui Makeup Artistry-Hair & Beauty Bar 9
    Maui Makeup Artistry-Hair & Beauty Bar 10

Sabrina · Married on 02/16/2018

Shelby did my hair and Lindsey did my makeup. Shelby was AMAZING! Not only did she do an amazing job with my hair (I have naturally curly/frizzy long hair that she styled/tamed into a wonderful beachy wave look, but she was so much fun to hang with as I was getting glammed! My hair held up really well in the humidity!

Lindsey did a fantastic job with my airbrushed makeup, however, my now husband said I looked a bit orange. I think it was the weather or something that make the color change a little.... I hope that I dont look orange in my photos! I also had some makeup in my hair that made it look like I had some grey hairs in front and my under eyes looked black after a couple of hours (which was probably the humidity). I wish I would have skipped any bottom mascara/shadow/liner.

Devyn · Married on 10/26/2017

Best hair and makeup on the island! After the trial I didn’t think I could be more pleased with my hair and makeup but Liz and Shelby made me feel like the most beautiful bride on my wedding day!! I can’t recommend them enough! Thanks ladies- you are AMAZING!

lindsay · Married on 06/03/2017

Couldn't be happier with how my hair and makeup turned out for my wedding day and the events leading up to our wedding. They worked with me to create the exact vision I had and it was perfect! The girls were so fun and relaxed the day of the wedding and it made the whole process so easy and seamless. My bridesmaids, mom and mother in law also loved their work. Couldn't recommend them more!

Jillian · Married on 05/12/2017

Best Hair & MU on Maui!! All of the girls did an amazing job for my wedding, and I would highly recommend them to any bride. Liz made the perfect suggestions for my make up, from what foundation to use to what colours would look best with my complexion and eye colour. Shelby knew exactly what I wanted with my hair and also made excellent recommendations to suit my hair type. Together they delivered exactly what I was hoping for on the day. The whole team was very talented and they completely set the tone for a stress free day. Thank you ladies. xx

Jenny · Married on 05/08/2017

Thank you to Liz and Shelby for such an amazing job! I usually don't wear much makeup so I knew I wanted a more natural look but still looked nice on camera. Liz and Shelby 100% fulfilled my vision and I couldn't have asked for anything more perfect! The both are super talented and easy to work with and I would highly recommend them! Liz and Shelby are the best!!!

Maui Makeup Artistry-Hair & Beauty Bar 11
    Maui Makeup Artistry-Hair & Beauty Bar 12

Michelle · Married on 05/05/2017

Choosing a makeup artist and hair stylist for a destination wedding can be a stressful task. Liz makes you feel at ease during the planning process. She is extremely organized and wonderful to work with. I was lucky to be in Maui a few months prior so scheduled a trial. Anna and Sarah showed up at my hotel with so much fun and friendly energy. Not only are they extremely talented artists they are so friendly, fun and calming. I ended up booking them for my rehearsal dinner and wedding in May 2017. I loved the fun style and makeup for the rehearsal dinner and the wedding hair and makeup was GORGEOUS! It stayed on all night which is impressive a climate like Hawaii. They also did the moms, maid of honor and flower girl. Everyone was so happy with their styles. I'm just starting to get some picture back and in love with their work. Everyone looks beautiful and flawless. I'm so happy with the results and highly recommend Maui Makeup Artistry. I would give them 10 stars if I could.

Nina · Married on 04/01/2017

Maui Makeup was a dream to work with for our Maui wedding. The ladies were so amazing, talented and friendly and just genuinely warm and happy for us. They made getting ready in the morning fun and free from stress. We also all looked fabulous, but that goes without saying, everyone did such a great job. My makeup stayed on all day, even in the Maui heat and humidity. A big HUG and THANK YOU to the ladies at Maui Makeup, our day was absolutely perfect!

Anastacia · Married on 03/21/2017

How do I even begin to start sharing how INCREDIBLE my experience was with Maui Makeup Artistry! Both girls were professional, sweet and absolutely talented. They came to my hotel room, had everything they needed, propped me up in a chair and did their work. It was such a pampering experience. They turned my pinterest images into a Bride more stunning than I realized I could be. Brought tears to my eyes and definitely my husbands during our first look. He just kept saying "WOW, WOW!" he was speechless. I truly recommend these girls for any Bride wanting to feel like YOU but the most fabulous version of YOU.

Leah · Married on 03/17/2017

Liz and her team are the best at what they do. I've had many different make up artists on Maui do my make up for fashion shows over the years, and Liz was the only one I ever really LOVED and asked for her card. I saved it for years and when it came time for me to get married, I knew exactly who I was going to call for my make up...Liz! Her spray tans are also so natural and not at all orange. On top of all that, she's an awesome person just to hang out with! Which can be important if you're getting ready for an important event like your wedding where you really only want the best vibes around before your big day! Thanks for making me and all my maids as beautiful as we could have ever dreamed on the most special day of my life.

rashmi · Married on 03/04/2017

Hands down the best skilled makeup/hair artists I have come across. Let me start off by saying that I am one of the hardest to please when it comes to getting my makeup done in general, let alone for my own Indian wedding. That all changed when I met Liz. Liz is not only one of the kindest, most PATIENT people I've met, but she listened to my vision and my likes/dislikes without any hesitation. From the beginning, Liz always told me she would work with my makeup vision and do what made me most comfortable. She completely exceeded my expectations. She did my makeup exactly how I had imagined, but she also was such a calming effect for me during my wedding events. Words can't express how thankful I am to Liz and her team for accommodating to my crazy requests, their flexibility in doing multiple hair/makeup for my family, and unreal skills at what they do. Liz and her entire team are beyond patient and all masters of their trade. Not only did they do an amazing job with my makeup and hair, but they also helped to put on my tikka and dupatta on my wedding outfit. Neither of these pieces are simple to place but they did a fantastic job on all fronts! These ladies know what they are doing, and best of all, for the hours of time it took to get me ready, they were such a fun, bubbly and energetic group of ladies that kept me entertained and calm. You ladies rock and again, thank you for making me look beautiful for all of my events. xoxo!

• User7731851 · 1+ year ago

I had an awesome experience with Liz and her team. Everything from booking all the way to getting my actual hair and makeup done. Shelby did my hair which looked great! I only wish I got a photo of the back of my head, my veil was on for pretty much the whole time so i didn't see it much in photos. Sarah did my makeup and she was so sweet and pleasant. I'm a makeup enthusiast so I have quite a bit of make up knowledge and I was worried I might not like the makeup. However she did an awesome job! I couldn't believe how good my skin looked. It lasted the entire day, usually my face gets oily and requires some blotting throughout the day. Nope. It wasn't even the airbrush foundation and it looked so natural and skin like. She was amazing and gentle and had really really great application techniques (things that make my eyes water, or make me flinch did not happen!) I wanted her to stay and be my friend, she was so lovely! I wish I would have met the Liz too but I guess they don't really need to send out the whole army for just one person getting services lol. Both ladies were early and finished quicker than anticipated. Overall awesome experience with Maui Makeup artistry. I would highly recommend their services. Thank you Shelby, Sarah and Liz for making me pretty on my special day!

Allison · Married on 09/17/2016

I don't normally write reviews but in this case a simple 'thank you' just wasn't enough to convey my gratitude for the amazing job Maui Makeup Artistry did at my wedding. Liz, Shelby and Sarah were so professional, on time and prepared -- they even finished early, putting us ahead of schedule for pre-wedding photos! Absolutely awesome and might I mention unheard of in the wedding industry!

From the moment I met Liz and Shelby at my trial they went out of their way to make me feel comfortable, confident, and relaxed. Since I don't normally wear makeup, we designed a very natural look that was great for photos but still allowed me to feel like myself. Liz truly went above and beyond, even helping me choose the right shades for my bridesmaids based on the colors of the wedding and their dresses. And Shelby took the mess of 'Pinterest inspiration' I gave her and created a beautiful and unique braided, boho up-do that stunned everyone.

The best part about my Maui Makeup Artistry team was how relaxed they made me feel. Being a bride can be incredibly stressful but Sarah, Liz and Shelby made sure I didn't have to worry about a thing. From talking down unruly bridesmaids who were insisting they needed to look different than everyone else, to late-for-their appointment mother-in-laws, these three ladies took care of everything. I was able to sit back and enjoy my day without any stress thanks to them and for that alone I am eternally grateful!

I cannot recommend this team enough. Thank you so much Liz, Shelby and Sarah!

Stephanie · Married on 09/08/2016

From the trial to the finishing touches on the big day Liz was incredible! She was so much fun to be around! I had a trial about 9 months before the wedding - I wasn't really sure what I wanted but she had great suggestions based on my dress design. She also came to our condo a couple of days before the wedding and did spray tans for my bridesmaids. On the big day, Anna did hair and Liz did makeup. I had airbrush foundation and lashes - loved both. They both did a fantastic job and kept us all calm and relaxed. On the day and now after seeing the photos, I could not be happier with the Maui Makeup Artistry team!

Lindsay · event on: 12/16/2014

Liz did an outstanding job. I knew she was the best, because 2 of my friends had recommended her. She did my makeup and hair before my engagement photos. I really only wanted my hair to be done, but last minute changed and had her also do my makeup. I am so glad that I did. I could not have done as good a job as she did. Also, on that day the weather was not working with us and thus I was a little stressed out, but Liz put me to ease. Thank you Liz!!

My makeup artist was Liz, and she brought along her team of other makeup artists and hairstylists, and I can't speak highly enough of them all. The makeup on everyone (and I mean everyone) and the hair on my bridesmaids was AMAZING. I felt like a princess on my wedding day thanks to the amazing talent of these ladies. I was lucky enough to have a trial with Liz a couple months before the wedding, and I was hooked after that. She was so kind and caring and made it clear that I wasn't just another check; she honestly wanted me to look and feel beautiful for my big day. I'll never forget at the trial how she told me that I needed to be honest with her then because there were no emotions tied to that makeup trial like there would be on the wedding day, so she helped me perfect the look I wanted, and it did turn out perfectly on my wedding day. I have gotten so many compliments from the pictures of how pretty my makeup looked, and I gush about how awesome my makeup team was! And my bridesmaids hair turned out perfectly, I honestly wished I had used this team for my bridal hair as I was not all that impressed with the updo from the hotel's salon. I would most definitely use these ladies again, every time!

Ashley · Married on 03/19/2016

Shelby and Sarah as a team came in and instantly put me at easy. They worked like wizards sculpting, prepping and beautifying. I felt honored and pampered the whole time. They are real artists. Shelby created this wind swept ponytail that was something out of a mermaid tale and Sarah's flawess make-up was spot on. They did my mom, my bridesmaids and my mother - in -law and they all felt and looked gorgeous. I have modeled many years in my life and always weary of MUAs for events but these women are the real deal. I would recommend them to ANYONE older, younger they are superstars!

Shinji · Married on 02/29/2016

We had 2 rounds of hair sets with Shelby: rehearsal hair and another one on the day of the wedding. She has excellent techniques and skills, is very patient and careful, and respects what we were looking for. I understand that wedding hair would be sometime stressful and time pressing for both bride and the stylist, but Shelby did great job making the atmosphere so relaxed and fun, which comes from her kind and warm personality. We definitely recommend her.

melissa · Married on 02/28/2016

Liz and Shelby were phenomenal every step of the way. I didn't have time for trial before my wedding and they both took my vision further than I could have hoped for with hair and makeup. Could not recommend them enough!

Cindy · Married on 02/18/2016

Aloha Liz, Shelby and Sarah,
    Liz and her team of two provided exceptional service to myself, my maid of honor, my bridesmaid, and my two flower girls for our hair and makeup needs. I was referred to Liz by another Maui artist who was fully booked on the day of my wedding February 18th, 2016. Contact was made by email 3 months in advance of the day. Pictures of length of hair and faces of my party were emailed in and we were encouraged to send through any up do styles that we liked in advance of the wedding that we might like to have duplicated on the day of. We also paid the team in advance, so there were no concerns about payment for services on the day of. Liz inquired if we would like to do a test run prior to the day of; but we were from Canada and there would be no time for a test run prior to the actual day, so her team would have one go at it, on the day of the wedding.
    The day of the wedding the team arrived on site at my condo in Kihei, along with all of their gear in tow. All of them were beautiful ladies, professionally dressed and proceeded to set up their working stations. It was obvious they had a plan as myself and bridal party were whisked through each of their stations and our transformations began. None of my bridal party, nor myself wear much makeup so we were all concerned we were going to end up not looking like ourselves with make up on. We really did not have anything to worry about in the end. As the bride my hair was an amazing work of art and exactly or I would say even better than the model picture I had sent showing them what kind of up do I wished for. The make up was tdone with the utmost taste keeping us pretty much our natural selves but drawing out our strongest features on our faces. A stunning transformation. A heartfelt thank you to Liz and her team for making us all look like princesses at Ulua Beach. I would highly recommend Liz and her team for any bride looking for a hair and makeup artist on Maui!

Kelly · Married on 01/08/2016

Liz did my hair and makeup for our Maui wedding. We eloped, and did not visit Maui or meet any of our vendors beforehand. I was extremely nervous about how everything would turn out since I did not have a trial, but I came prepared with pictures of hairstyles that I liked. Well, I shouldn't have worried! Liz is SO sweet and immediately put me at ease. She made sure to check in with me while she was doing my hair to make sure I liked how it was looking or see if I wanted anything changed. She also suggested putting flowers in my hair to give it more of a tropical look, and made sure to put them on the right side since that's the side that would be captured while we were saying our vows. This may seem like a small detail, but it ended up looking phenomenal in our pictures and I'm so glad suggested it!

I hadn't really thought about what I wanted for my makeup, other than that I wanted to look like a more glam version of myself. Liz asked what kind of makeup I typically wore, and took that into consideration so she wasn't doing anything that didn't feel like "me." I really appreciated that - and the final product was beyond amazing! My husband said it was the best he's ever seen me look, which is exactly what every bride wants to hear on her wedding day. My hair and makeup looked absolutely beautiful in photographs, and I have received a ton of compliments from friends and family on my look - which of course I owe to Liz!

After telling Liz that we were going to Kauai on our honeymoon, she even took the time to write me after our wedding and send me a list of recommendations for things to do while we were there, which was much appreciated. I am so happy I chose Liz to do my hair & makeup, and would absolutely recommend her to other Maui brides.

• Robynne

Robynne · Married on 12/12/2015

I cannot tell you how many makeup artists say they work with all ethnicities, and then when asked to produce portfolio images that show their work, they either do not come through, or simply don't have them. I need to see how an artist works on a variety of skin tones, and how they bring out a woman's natural beauty.

Contacting Maui Makeup Artistry was easy, they were very responsive, and even had images to share.

We all looked wonderful. In every photo taken, we looked flawless. Thank you Liz for making me, my mom, and my matron honor even more beautiful for this wonderful day.