Matt Ramos Photography Reviews

100 | Schenectady, NY

100 Reviews for Matt Ramos Photography

Maria · Married on 07/15/2017

Matt and his team were incredible to work with! It was like they were invisible but got unbelievable shots. Matt added to the fun of the day while making sure they we achieved all of our goals and helped us keep to our timeline (which was extremely important to me). We received the pictures in a very timely manor and Matt went above and beyond in every step of the process, from planning to day of to follow up. Can't say enough about this team!

Sent on 08/16/2017

nicolette · Married on 07/14/2017

Matt is definitely a MUST for your wedding. Such a pleasure to work with. He was extremely professional, made everyone feel very comfortable and is an amazing photographer. I absolutely love all of my pictures from my wedding. He captured so many amazing moments and I cannot stop looking at them all over and over again.

Sent on 08/09/2017

Nicole · Married on 05/20/2017

Matt and his team were such a pleasure to work with! They tell a story with the photos they capture! Nick and I couldn't have asked for any better to shoot our special day and an emotional day at that. Thank you so much for everything!

Sent on 06/12/2017

Melissa · Married on 05/19/2017

Wow where to even begin...we had been planning our wedding for years...literally, years. Matt was our #1 choice in photography since we had researched his work. When we postponed our wedding a few times, he was extremely supportive and just a great guy to work with. Part of our decision to get married on the date we did was because of his availability! Now that we have worked with him on our special day and have seen all of the photos, we are blown away by how perfect they are. Hands down the best photographer in the capital region...and farther.

Sent on 06/01/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 11/11/2016

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Matt and his team. From the first meeting until the wedding Matt was absolutely amazing. He answered all of my questions, gave suggestions of other vendors when I needed them and helped me reschedule our engagement shoot a million times because I wanted snow. I cannot thank Matt enough for capturing our day in such an amazing way. Our pictures are stunning!! Matt is clearly the best in the business for a reason!

Sent on 12/21/2016
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 10/08/2016

You can't go wrong with Matt Ramos and his team. We were based in NYC when we booked but were looking for a local vendor for photography. We absolutely adore and cherish our wedding photos! I booked his shooters Jess and Jacqueline for our October wedding about 1.5 years in advance (Matt was booked, just fyi for those of you interested... these guys get booked quickly!), and have zero regrets. They are truly a talented, wonderful team! A+ on responsiveness and professionalism. I communicated with Matt throughout the entire planning process, and he was always available to talk and super responsiveness and I consider myself pretty type A about that sort of thing! We exchanged emails, had phone calls and an in-person meeting which I highly recommend - we went over the specifics around our who's who for our wedding, what kind of shots we wanted and specific shots we wanted. The team was so flexible given they'd only shot at our venue once before!

If you're looking for stunning photos that will focus on you and make you look your best, are more commercial-oriented, with amazing lighting... go with Matt's team. They have the right mixture of style, and the ability to capture great portraits but also the candid "photojournalistic" moments you won't even notice but will cherish. Our day had rain, but the team were great sports and worked with us to make the most of it! Jess and Jackie were so great; showed up early on the day and were so patient as we were running behind on our timeline. We also received our photos in a timely manner - both an online link as well as a flash drive of photos and a teaser on their social media feeds :).

Also... for anyone who's thinking this, our wedding was outdoors at a barn in the countryside, and so I just wanted to put that out there for versatility since I think many of the wedding they shot have a different, more formal feel. Love Matt and his team!

Sent on 12/15/2016

Kellie · Married on 09/24/2016

Where do I even begin?! Anyone from the Capital Region knows Matt is the BEST photographer around and we booked him first so everything else went around him. He took the time to meet with us on multiple occasions and made is feel so important! He arrived early on the wedding day and was with us for 11 hours and was upbeat and fun the entire day. He may have been our biggest cheerleader all day! I have only seen a few teasers so far but all I can say is "WOW!!!" Worth every damn penny and anyone who doesn't have him as their photographer is missing out.

Sent on 09/30/2016

Deanna · Married on 09/23/2016

If you are searching for a wedding photographer and come upon this, your search ends here. We chose Matt and his team to photograph our engagement session and our wedding. From the initial email, the wedding, and even designing our photo book (1.5 years later lol), they were nothing but professional, accommodating, and very responsive. And our photos, perfect! They captured everything we wanted, and even the things we didn't see! Our home is decorated with our pictures and we get nothing but compliments! We couldn't have asked for a better experience and would do it over again the same way.

Sent on 04/13/2018

Valerie · Married on 08/13/2016

Matt and his team were wonderful to work with. From the time we had our initial consultation to the last picture taken at our wedding, Matt was nothing but professional. Most importantly, his photographs are absolutely gorgeous. Our wedding was on the hottest day of the year, and even though my husband and I were sweating profusely when we took outside photos, Matt made us look cool, collected and glamorous. After everything else is cleaned and cleared away, you will always have your wedding photos to look back upon. Matt will ensure that they are perfect.

Sent on 11/22/2016

Erika · Married on 07/08/2016

Matt is an incredible photographer! He knows how to make everyone feel comfortable and get the best shots. Matt's personality and sense of humor make you feel like you have known him for years. He always gets back to you immediately and is there to help and answer any questions. Him and his assistants capture every little detail of the wedding. His work is absolutely stunning! -Erika and Tom

Sent on 07/11/2016

Hannah · Married on 06/17/2016

My husband and I hired Matt Ramos for our wedding this past June and it was the best decision we made! From our first initial meeting, Matt took the time to truly get to know us as well as "iron out" many of our wedding day details. It was extremely comforting to have a professional to bounce ideas off of and ask questions. What makes him even more amazing is his artistic photography style. We fell absolutely in love with all of our engagement and wedding photos, providing us with beautiful memories that will last a lifetime! Matt, thank you SO much for being a big part of our day and we can't wait to make our wedding day album!! :)

Sent on 09/02/2016

Lauren · Married on 05/27/2016

Matt and his crew are simply amazing! They are so friendly and make you feel so comfortable, while also ensuring you are staying on schedule. My husband I worked with Matt when we were in the wedding party for our friend a couple years before our wedding and we instantly knew he was our guy once our time came. He makes you feel like you've known him for years and is there to support and answer every little question along the way. We never had to pay attention to the clock as Matt ensured we were staying on track with timing, and directed our large group from the moment he arrived. Our friends and family all got along great with him and he truly added to the fun of the day. The pictures he delivered caught every detail and then some and we could not be more pleased with his work. He was able to direct us in a way that he knew would capture the best shots, from poses to lighting to breathtaking backdrops. We have never met someone more talented and knowledgeable about photography than Matt and his team. They were able to work well in conjunction with our videographer and truly complimented one another to deliver the best product. We highly recommend Matt Ramos Photography to anyone who wishes to forever re-live their wedding day through amazing pictures!

Sent on 08/20/2016

Matt is so great to work with. He is so professional and has great ideas/instincts about pictures. We are so happy we were able to book Matt for our engagement and wedding pictures. He's the best!

Sent on 06/01/2016

Kim · Married on 05/14/2016

I truly do not even think Matt needs this review from me because his photos speak for themselves! He is the absolute BEST wedding photographer ever...in the entire world...ever. I honestly feel blessed that my husband and I have genuine, Matt Ramos photos of our wedding! He works some sort of camera magic to capture ever single, perfect moment! Matt and his team are so good that I feel like they should be screening couples rather than the other way around! If Matt has your wedding date available, you need to book him now! Actually, book Matt and then pick your venue based on his availability! Seriously...he is that good. We got flash drive with all of the photos Matt took on our wedding day. I recently sat down to make a separate folder called, "Favorite wedding photos." When I was finished dragging and dropping photos into the "favorites" folder I had copied all but maybe five from the original flashdrive, and actually it literally pained me to not include those five! Aside from having the best wedding photos in the world, we could not have asked for a cooler guy to be following us around on our wedding day. We cannot wait for our next big life event so that Matt can take photos of it!!!!

Sent on 07/03/2016

Matt Ramos and his team are truly amazing! Very professional. Matt is a true artist who knows his stuff. He directed us through our entire wedding. Helped us every step of the way. He created our time line and kept us on schedule. My friends and family were very impressed with him and his photos. His photos were outstanding!!! I wanted a photographer who would capture every detail of our wedding and Matt truly did. If you are having a wedding in Albany/Saratoga area Matt Ramos is your guy. :)

Sent on 04/29/2016

Erica · Married on 01/16/2016

Matt is simply the greatest photographer to work with during the wedding planning process from start to finish! Throughout the planning process and especially the day of the wedding, he provided a sense of calmness, which any bride would appreciate. He and his team (Jaqueline & Tyler) were beyond professional, and so easy to work with and helpful. Matt's attention to detail and creative style is amazing. He captured the most special day of our lives perfectly.

Sent on 02/20/2016
  • User6206750 · 2+ years ago

We were so lucky to have had the opportunity to work with Matt and his team on our wedding day. Not only did he help us keep our cool as the day progressed, but we KNOW he captured some really awesome photos along the way. Matt kept us laughing and smiling and allowed us to be ourselves as he stood back with his camera snapping photo after photo. When it came to family photos he was polite and respectful but got the job done efficiently so that no time was wasted. We loved having Matt apart of our day and cannot wait to see all of our photos!

Sent on 01/17/2016

ashley · Married on 10/30/2015

Matt is the absolute best! My mother saw his work years ago and said she knew he would be the guy who would photograph my wedding. From the very beginning Matt was completely honest with us about the entire process and he made it so easy. He worked with us to make a timeline for the day and recommended other vendors to us. Our pictures are amazing, it has been over a month since we got them and we still can't get over how perfect they are! Matt knew all the best spots to get amazing pictures and he made everyone laugh. My husband hates getting his picture taken and he had so much fun and loved every second, he couldn't wait to get all our pictures back! We have gotten so many compliments on all of our pictures and we love showing them off to everyone. Not only is Matt amazing at what he does, he is a super fun guy to be around and he makes the day so much fun! We would recommend his to anyone looking for a wedding photographer!

Sent on 01/18/2016

Colleen · Married on 10/17/2015

Matt Ramos Photography was the perfect choice for my wedding. Matt does a great job of knowing his bride and groom and what they are looking for and makes it happen. His team was very professional and helpful throughout the process. His drone and new photo booth camera were unexpected options that gave us original photos we wouldn’t have received from other photographers. Matt’s artistic ability and vision allowed for some truly amazing and memorable photos that we will cherish forever. We can’t say enough about how great Matt Ramos Photography was and highly recommend you use them.

Sent on 12/20/2015

Jade · Married on 10/02/2015

When planning our wedding, we agreed the photography was where a large chunk of our budget would go. Upon researching photographers separately, Matt's photography was at the top of both our lists! He was down to earth, very easy to work with - quick response time, and very helpful in explaining many things wedding related! My husband and I don't get our pictures taken often so we needed guidance on our wedding day. Matt patiently told us how to pose and what to do. Some shots were uncharacteristic of how we usually interact with each other, but he was using his expertise to "get the shot". Throughout the ceremony and reception, Matt and his photographers were out of sight and out of mind so we did not feel like there was paparazzi following us around. He was also sure to get our portraits out of the way before the ceremony so we did not have to miss a beat at our reception. After receiving the pictures, we are very happy with the quality and quantity. We regret not having Matt stay until the end of the reception to capture a lot of the fun moments that happened during that last hour. Overall our day is beautifully documented! We would definitely recommend hiring Matt and his team.

Sent on 11/22/2015

I love our photographs. LOVE. Matt was absolutely amazing through our whole process. My family loved working with him, he was polite, and he moved everything along smoothly. But, most importantly, he has that "it" thing that he captures in his photographs, the thing you can't put your finger on, the magic in the moment. To me, this was probably the most important reason that we went with him. And now, he'll be doing my sister's wedding in May.

Sent on 11/02/2015

Brittany · Married on 08/14/2015

We got married on 8/14/15 at Old Daley Inn on Crooked Lake and we are so happy that Matt was our photographer. We were big fans of his work which we had viewed online even before we had booked our initial meeting. Once we met with Matt the first time, we knew we had to have him as our photographer. Not only is his work amazing, but he is awesome. He definitely knows his stuff and his friendly, down to earth personality is awesome. We had the amazing opportunity to work with Matt for our engagement photos which came out beautiful. He made us feel so comfortable and he captured so many amazing shots.

For our wedding, Matt and his team did an amazing job. We have only seen one teaser from our wedding so far but if the rest of the photos are even half as amazing as the photo we saw, they will be fantastic (and knowing Matt, we are sure they will be). Matt worked so well with our large bridal party and families. It was great because we could trust him to get all of the photos that we wanted and many more that we would never have thought of. The photos he captured at night in the rain could make any couple hope for rain on their wedding day.

Matt brought two of his associate photographers with him and we could not have asked for a better team to work with. Jacqueline and Tyler were great. Jacqueline went above and beyond for me, doing jobs that weren't even photography related. She put heel protectors on my shoes so they wouldn't sink in the grass and carried the train of my dress so it wouldn't get wet in the rain (while she got poured on). We appreciate everything that Matt, Jacqueline and Tyler did for us for our wedding and will be recommending them to everyone we know who is looking for a photographer. Thank you so much for everything!

Brittany and Mike

Sent on 08/30/2015

Marissa · Married on 07/17/2015

Matt was such an awesome photographer to work with. He always made my husband and I feel important and comfortable. Matt had a very large bridal party to work with the day of the wedding, which can be very challenging. However, he was up for the challenge and was able to take every single picture we wanted. We still don't know how he did it! Different people from my party came up to me saying how much they loved him as a photographer because he knew exactly what he wanted. Not to mention his assistants were just as fantastic! I would recommend Matt without any hesitation, as he is quick to respond to emails, very professional, flexible to work with, and has a great sense of humor which is needed to make your day even more special and enjoyable. Thank you Matt from the bottom of our hearts!

Sent on 07/28/2015

Matt and his team saved us from some trouble we had with our last photographer and worked with us to make sure we had amazing coverage of our day. We have only seen a few teaser images so far, but they have taken our breath away. He made my husband and i feel so comfortable the day of our wedding and really has an amazing eye for detail.

Sent on 06/23/2015

stephanie · Married on 05/23/2015

Where to even begin!!! Matt has been fabulous since day 1. We had a meeting with him right after me and my husband got engaged back in January of 2014. Within the first 5 minutes of our meeting we both knew he was definitely going to be perfect for our wedding. We ended up using him for our engagement pictures to, and was so much fun to work with. He is very easy going, and really cares what you want out of the sessions. It is so fun to follow all of his social media, and pictures leading up to your big day as well. When the day of our wedding finally arrived, he showed up early, got a feel for the the surroundings, and mapped out for us the best place for our first look! it was all just perfect, and I would ONLY recommend Matt Ramos and his team to anyone for professional photography. He is simply the best around!!

Sent on 06/05/2015