146 Reviews for Matt Mason Photography

Trash The Dress (2)
Flush Mount (2)
Custom Graphics (1)
145 Matt Mason Photography Reviews

Stop here! You have just found your wedding photographer. Matt, Jake, and Ben shot our Big Day on 1/27/18. MMP's timeliness, attention to detail, ability to gather the crowds, and experience has forever given me something to look back at to relive the greatest day of our lives this far. They were prompt, knew how to direct people who aren't used to being in photos very often, and overall made everyone feel comfortable, allowing for even better photos. We selected to have MMP show a 'Fusion Film' of our day right after dinner. MMP brings a screen and projector, and plays the video for all to see before dancing begins. Our guests were absolutely floored. Like, a jaws dropped type of floored. MMP works diligently the day-of to put together video clips from the day to create a masterpiece of a film. Every time I watch the Fusion Film, I feel the emotions I was feeling on our big day all over again - how can it get any better? You don't need to worry about hiring a separate Videographer, MMP comes to the rescue!! Did I also mention that literally within hours of your wedding, they have 'sneak peak' photos for you and your guests to start viewing online? How cool was it that after our reception, when we went back to our hotel, that multiple guests were looking at our photos? (MMP goes around during the reception and hands out cards with information on how guests can view the photos). All my husband and I kept hearing was "Look at this one! Did you see this photo? Look, look! These photos are so great! I can't believe we can see some already!". This just added to how great our day was. You will not regret hiring MMP for your big day. Please, take my word for it. You can trust MMP to capture some of the biggest moments of your life. They did it for me, you are next.

Photos
Profile Picture Robyn, 1/27/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography, Videography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Proofs, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Second Shooter, Slideshow

We had a great experience with Matt Mason Photography! In particular, we really loved our photographer, Ben Hanson. We've seen the photos, and Ben (and his partner, Michael) did an amazing job! In particular, Ben did a great job of remembering key pictures we discussed taking before the wedding, and making sure those pictures happened in the heat of the moment. He remembered we really wanted to take 'sunset' photos, and proceeded to scout out locations in the 0 degree weather for us. These photos ended up being some of our favorite, and we are so glad he took the initiative on this!

As it relates to the overall company, we were pleased with both the value and service. They are clearly very organized and focused on the details, which I can see as being very helpful in providing good service for the large number of weddings they do. However, I do have to say that Matt Mason himself was a bit frustrating to interact with. He seemed to be overly rigid, both in his requirements for what we needed to provide to him, and he tried to downplay some of our ideas for group photos as being impractical (I will note that one of these ideas turned out to be the best group photo we took all weekend). Additionally, he reached out to the groom 3 hours before the wedding to inform him that a checklist had not been received. Not only was this checklist not necessary to the success of the event, but if it was really such a big deal, the issue should have been resolved before the day of the wedding.

Overall, we would recommend these guys and in particular, Ben Hanson, as being great to work with and delivering awesome photos!

Profile Picture Ben, 12/31/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We would highly recommend Matt Mason Photography for anyone looking for a photographer. We had MMP photograph our wedding in October 2017, and Matt Mason and Ben Foster were our photographers. They were absolutely amazing! During wedding planning, Matt helped us to organize our wedding day timeline and photo preferences; and he was highly accommodating to our schedules and geographical distance. (We live in Chicago and were married in Lake Geneva.) On our wedding day, MMP kept us on track with our timeline schedule throughout the day, despite the ladies running a little late getting ready; and they were able to shoot all of the photos we requested. They were creative with capturing the best photos of the bride and groom, of the wedding party and our families, and of very special moments throughout our wedding day. They surprised our guests with the My Life Montage video at our reception, which was beautifully put together and enjoyed by all. MMP was professional, efficient, and very fun to work with. The final pictures were just stunning. MMP far exceeded our (already high) expectations, and we are beyond thrilled that we chose Matt Mason Photography to provide us with picture and video memories that we can look back upon to relive our special day. MMP is absolutely amazing!

Profile Picture Nicole, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Choosing Matt Mason Photography was the best decision we made for our wedding. We had a private ceremony in a quaint building packed with 20 people. Jake Schnake and Ben Foster got a perfect shot of every emotion that happened. We were blessed with a cloudy day, and the pictures we took outside look like a piece of artwork. It's hard to pick just a few pictures to blow up and put on the wall! Every time I look through the album I am blown away by how almost every single shot is my favorite.
Jake and Ben were happy to work with us and use our Vespas for a very personal touch. This was important because scooters are such a big part of our lives, and to be able to incorporate them into our wedding was no question! We appreciate them being able to personalize the day and make it feel more like "us."
We have gotten so many compliments on our photos. People can really tell the difference between an average photographer, and someone who has an eye for it. I don't know how these guys do it. They are all extremely talented.
Jake and Ben did an outstanding job. They were very professional and well organized. Jake helped us a lot with our timeline of how the day would go. I was at ease the whole time of planning.
I will recommend Matt Mason Photography to everyone I know. I'm so glad we have these pictures to cherish forever, and I believe this is how everyone should feel about their wedding photos. Thank you, Matt Mason, and your team for giving us the best gift of capturing the memories of our day!

Profile Picture Tara , 10/27/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Prints, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Second Shooter, Slideshow

Just wow. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU to Matt, Kerry, and Ben for helping capture every moment so perfectly at our wedding. Matt - you have been so pleasant to work with; your communication, customer service, organization, and planning are just on point for the bride that has a million questions. Kerry and Ben - you were so wonderful to work with. You instantly put wedding nerves at ease and made it so comfortable and fun to work with you. You were on top of every requested picture, location change, and so much more. I cannot say enough about how happy we are that we chose Matt Mason Photography!

Profile Picture Gina, 10/14/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

I truly cannot reiterate enough just how outstanding Matt Mason and his entire team at Matt Mason Photography has been for my now husband and I from start to finish throughout our wedding and planning process. We were absolutely in awe seeing the amazing moments our photographers Jake and Ben captured throughout our day. We still have many of our guests reaching out to us stating that our photographers were hands down the best in the business, and they could not get over just how impactful their work from our wedding has been to them. We had one guest even offer to fly Jake across the country to capture her day – a true testament to their hard work, creative and thoughtful approach, and positive energy and attitudes! Matt, Jake, and Ben were an absolute joy to work with throughout our planning period and really created a package that catered to all of our needs. Matt met with us for a complimentary consultation and was genuine, clear about the offerings/package details, and overall so excited at the idea of capturing our wedding. After we made the decision to move forward with Matt and his team, the rest was taken care of so seamlessly and they truly made us feel at ease from the time we walked into his studio a year and a half before our big day – all the way up until the minute before walking down the aisle. Having a photographer who makes the planning process easier and stress-free is truly something to be said about the type of business Matt has created, and we can attest and stand by the values Matt and his team at Matt Mason Photography live through their work 100%! We recommend Matt Mason Photography a million times over, and are so incredibly thankful we have our wedding memories forever from such skilled, experienced, and overall wonderful team of people. Our wedding pictures and Cinema film are even more special to us knowing the hard work and great people behind them, and for that we are forever grateful to Matt, Jake, and Ben from Matt Mason Photography!

Profile Picture Annie, 10/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Flush Mount, Matted Prints, Prints, Proofs, Additional Hours, Custom Graphics, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Second Shooter, Slideshow, Trash The Dress

What is left to say about photographers already voted the best? Honestly I'm here to validate that. My husband and I met Matt two years ago and knew we were going to be in good hands. His work speaks for itself. But behind the stunning photos everyone gets to enjoy for the rest of their lives, is one of the most professional, kind, talented and focused individuals I've had the pleasure of knowing. You arent just getting a photographer, you're getting someone you can rely on to keep people focused during photos, assist with planning aspects, someone who has experience to provide the best advice, someone who is receptive of what you want, and above all makes you feel comfortable.

Our wedding photos, and many other weddings before and after ours are and will be evident of all of the above. So Matt and Ben, thank you for capturing everything magical of our day. You live up to your reputation. You have a lot of photos to prove your work, but not enough of you. So thank you for taking one with us. It was truly a pleasure!! Cheers

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I recently got the chance to work with Matt Mason photography for our engagement photos and wedding photos. Overall we could not be more happier with the quality of work, the timeliness, and the personal experience Matt Mason photography had offer. Kerry and Ben were creative and organized which allowed us to enjoy our wedding day instead of stressed about the details. We were so surprised to find out that they not only captured beautiful pictures of the bridal party and the wedding guests, but also the venue so we will have memories from every detail of our wedding that last for a lifetime.

Profile Picture Alexia, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Engagement Shoot, Second Shooter

My husband and I just got married in September of this year and we couldn't be happier with Matt Mason and Ben Foster. The pictures were amazing and perfect and Matt and Ben didn't make us feel like we were taking pictures for hours. It's amazing the pictures he got in the amount of time that we had. And the same day video still brings tears to my eyes. All of the guests' jaws hit the floor when the video was playing. Matt was so organized and planned the day for us just perfectly. He was organizing and getting people where the needed to be on our big day better than our wedding coordinator. Our day wouldn't have been nearly as amazing without Matt Mason photography and I would recommend him to absolutely anyone. He is worth every single penny and more!!!!

Profile Picture Emily, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We were blown away by seeing Matt Mason Photography’s “Same-Day Wedding Video” at a friend’s wedding years ago, and knew we had to work with Matt Mason Photography for our wedding!! We had the absolute pleasure of working with Jake Schnake and Ben Foster as our wedding photographers.
Jake helped us through the planning process of our wedding. He was professional, personal, and talented—a wonderful representation of the company. Our engagement photo session was included with our photography package. It was an awesome way for us to get to know Jake and use some of the engagement photos for our Save the Dates and guestbook! Jake helped us with our wedding day timeline and organized many details of our day. He was always so quick with communication and to offer recommendations.
On our wedding day, Jake and Ben were so cool and fun to work with. They made the entire wedding party relaxed and comfortable. They captured incredible candid and timeless shots from all moments of the day, as well as details of the wedding cake, place cards, first look, and reception that I was not able to experience first-hand. Jake and Ben are so incredibly talented and creative!
Not only were Jake and Ben our wedding photographers, but they also provided us with a “Same-Day Wedding Video” which was shown after dinner on our wedding night. The video was honestly the highlight of our reception, and our guests were so impressed by it. It was so fun to see video clips of moments that just happened earlier that day. Thanks to Jake, Ben, and Matt Mason Photography, we will be able to cherish and relive our wedding day forever!
To top it all off, the VERY NEXT DAY they already had some of our pictures up on the website! About 2 weeks later we got the link to hundreds of more photos AND we were sent a very high quality leather wedding photo album delivered to our house (along with many extra 5x7 and 4x6 photos). THEY ARE TRULY THE BEST!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/16/17, 7 Reviews
4.2

Overall our experience with Matt was great. Our day of photographers Sarah and Mike did beautiful work for us, were professional, and knew our property (Grand Geneva) really well, so that we had the most beautiful backdrops for our photos. We couldn't be happier with how our shots turned out. Photos were up quickly and easy to view in the online gallery. Matt has everything from contract to payment available to do online, which was nice for us since we were having the wedding across the country from where we lived.

If you're someone who is not super organized, I think Matt is a great choice. However, we were already very organized to begin with. For us, the automated messages he sent were confusing since they were "checking in" on details we'd already solidified months before.

What's more, there was miscommunication between him and his staff about the day of plan, meaning Matt contacted us about a month before the wedding to tell us the plan we had built with his staff (and subsequently the rest of our schedule around) would not work. He did not trust us that the time we said we would need for photos was sufficient. We didn't want to spend our entire wedding day taking photographs, and we really had to push back against him to make him accept our plan. (Which his staff had already cleared with us some months before.) Turns out, day of, we had a whole extra hour in the schedule for photographs where we sat around doing nothing before the wedding.

Other than the frustration with the schedule, we were very pleased with Matt, Sarah, and Mike. I think they were definitely the best choice for our wedding.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture M, 9/16/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Second Shooter

Hire these guys! Top to bottom they were fantastic. The quality and creativity behind every shot is phenomenal. They are worth every penny and the presentation they put on during the reception is second to none.

Profile Picture William, 9/15/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

We were very fortunate to have Matt Mason and Ben Foster as our photographers for our wedding. They did an outstanding job capturing our big day and can't thank them enough! The whole day was somewhat of a whirlwind of a day, but seeing the amazing photos and film Matt and Ben captured is absolutely breathtaking. They both have a true gift and we were truly blown away. We couldn't be happier!

Profile Picture Kyle, 8/19/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Our friends referred Matt Mason for our wedding and we are SO HAPPY they did. From day one and throughout our whole 2 year engagement, Matt was very helpful, supportive and always went out of his way for us. We connected with him right from the start. Not to mention, his pictures are the best I have seen. They really knew how to capture our big day. Our friends and family were raving about how amazing his pictures were, starting the night of the wedding. We had a few of our pictures the night of available and then our photo album, full gallery of photos and wedding video was up the week after the wedding. We are so happy Matt Mason was apart of our wedding day!

Profile Picture lisa, 8/5/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Second Shooter, Slideshow, Albums, Digital Files, Matted Prints, Prints

MMP was amazing to work with from beginning to end. We met with Matt and had our consult and then hired them almost immediately after. Matt called us after and helped us create the timeline for the day of our wedding to make sure everything ran smoothly. Sarah Mack was our lead photographer and Ben Hanson was our back up for the day of the wedding and they both did such a great job rallying everyone together and making sure we were all on track. They both rolled with the punches really well too, which with our group is required. We received so many compliments on our photos for the day of the wedding. Also, one of the biggest compliments we received was the turnaround time for getting our photos. MMP had them all done and an album sent to us in less than two weeks. Amazing! 5 Stars!

Profile Picture Allison, 8/5/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Matted Prints, Prints, Additional Hours, Second Shooter

We had an absolutely fantastic experience with MMP... everyone we worked with exceeded our expectations with customer service, were always very efficient, especially with communication, we're super flexible, and worked very hard to provide as stess-free as an experience possible. They see things through and ensured our satisfaction to the very end, plus further. I would definitely recommend Matt Mason photography for a picture perfect experience!

Profile Picture Ashley, 7/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Second Shooter

We were very fortunate to work with Matt Mason as well as his assistant Ben Foster on our wedding day in July! I cannot say enough positive remarks about this duo as they captured the entire day from start to finish within pictures and video! Thanks to Matt and Ben we now can relive our special day by viewing our My Life Fusion video! Our guests were simply amazed by their work which was presented during the reception! There were smiles, laughter, and tears that moved throughout the ballroom while watching this video! Matt worked very closely with my husband and I in the early planning process, but was considered to be part of the bridal party on the actual wedding day as he took the time to get to know each and every bridal party member. He cracked jokes throughout shooting, but also got the job done in a timely manner! The quality of Matt's work is impeccable as I have fallen in love with every single picture that was taken! Not only were the pictures perfect, but the video that was taken occurred at the most appropriate time in order to relive certain parts of our day. I highly recommend Matt Mason Photography for capturing your special day! You will not be disappointed in the work that he creates!! Thank you Matt for making our wedding pictures absolutely the BEST!!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 7/15/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Jake Schnake and Matt Warren were absolutely amazing!!
From the very moment we met with Matt Mason and he introduced us to Jake, we knew we wanted him as our photographer! One, he was extremely friendly and so easy to talk to. Two, his pictures were stunning!

During the whole process Jake was extremely responsive, answering any questions or concerns I might have had immediately and making sure we were getting everything completed in a timely manner so everything went smoothly for our big day! He even helped break my husband and I out of our shells during the engagement session. We knew immediately after seeing our engagement pictures we had absolutely made the right choice.

From the very start of the wedding day he made me feel extremely comfortable, joking with our entire group to make us feel at ease. He even helped one of my bridesmaids carry her heavy suitecase into the next room!! He 'Dance Partied' with us and goofed around on snapchat with me and my maid of honor. I seriously cannot say enough good things about Jake. He has such an incredible eye for capturing beautiful moments in a unique way. And the 'My Life Montage' was one of the best parts of the entire day! It left everyone at our wedding in awe!

Thank you so much Jake and Matt Mason Photography for capturing our perfect day! The pictures we have seen so far are breathtaking! People are not lying when they say to find a great photographer and don't cheap out on that part of your wedding. Those are the snapshots of the memories from your big day that you will have forever! And my snapshots are incredible!

Profile Picture Brittany, 7/8/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Second Shooter, Slideshow

I cannot say enough good things about Matt. He took a group of people who had no idea what they were doing and created hundreds of amazing pictures. It's hard to chose our favorites! He was so much fun to work with, both for the engagement photos and wedding day. We had a relatively inexpensive wedding, but the one thing I invested in was the photos. Worth. Every. Penny.

Profile Picture Lauren, 7/1/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

BEST PHOTOGRAPHERS EVER! I cannot even begin to say how amazing our experience was with Matt Mason Photography. Jake and Ben did such a beautiful job with our pictures and really made our day perfect!! They really know what they're doing and they made every single step throughout the day easy and worry free. The fact that we got to see our pictures on their website the next day was a HUGE plus for us. Our guests were absolutely amazed with how quick they got to view them. The thing that we loved the most and a big reason we decided to go with MMP was the My-Life Video they played at our reception. Our guests were left speechless being able to view all events from that day! The fact that they were able to put that all together in a matter of hours is beyond amazing! It may seem a bit pricey, but it is 100% worth every penny. Highly highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Erin, 6/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

My husband and I are blown away by the talent of our photographers Jake and Ben! We opted to do a first look shoot, in which the photographers captured one of the most special moments of both of our lives. It felt natural, fun, and exciting and helped to relieve some of our nerves before the ceremony. During the reception, the photographers presented our My Life Montage, which was part of our package and our very favorite part of our reception. As we were coordinating with the photographers months ago, we had an idea about what the montage would include, but we had no idea how special and truly breath-taking the end product would be! We keep hearing from friends and family how amazing the photos and videos turned out, and we keep talking about how we'll have these memories captured perfectly for years to come. Matt Mason Photography far exceeded our expectations, and we would recommend them to anyone!

Profile Picture Christie, 5/27/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Jake & Ben, our photographers were absolutely amazing. Meeting with Matt Mason last year was also fantastic to talk through everything we wanted, the whole team was organized, reasonably priced and easily met all our asks.

The day of the wedding couldn't have gone better, Jake & Ben were WONDERFUL to work with all day, we had so much fun with them the whole night, the photos turned out amazingly, all our friends and family cannot stop raving about them!

Profile Picture Katie, 1/15/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Slideshow, Albums, Digital Files

The photos of our wedding were beautiful and the video is just fantastic. We have had numerous compliments on the quality of their work. A few people have commented that the pictures are the best wedding photos they have ever seen. We definitely agree with that!

Profile Picture Kathy, 12/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I got married November 11, 2016 at The Grand Geneva Resort and used Matt Mason Photography for our engagement and wedding photos. We were beyond happy! I found Matt Mason through a referral from The Grand Geneva, read up on their reviews on The Knot, met with Matt Mason in person, and then made our decision! From the start, Matt was professional, clearly talented, easy to communicate with and equally important, was fun to work with! Matt did a great job keeping everything very organized for us during the planning process. Between our full-time jobs, working with other vendors and everything else involved in planning a wedding in 6 months, life was very hectic for my husband and me. Matt provided detailed timelines, useful tips for getting the best out of our photo sessions and we received regular communications. We had Matt, Jake and Ben shoot our wedding. It was perfect – our team was awesome, they each displayed different talents and creativity throughout the day! I didn’t have to worry about missing any good shots. They did all the thinking and planning for us. And again, the spontaneous creativity was amazing to watch and be part of. Matt, Jake and Ben were very patient and worked well with my chilly bridesmaids, impatient groomsmen and our young flower girl and ring bearer. They clearly have a lot of experience in dealing with a range of personalities and ages. We did the photo booth at our reception, which was a lot of fun. The only problem was that we learned after the event, that most of our guests didn’t even know the photo booth was there. I realize that is more of an issue with the reception space, but definitely something that needed more of an announcement. All in all, we were very happy with the style and quality of the photos, the completed wedding album, our video of our wedding day and the overall service of Matt Mason and his team. It was an amazing day and Matt Mason Photography did a fantastic job capturing it all for us! Thanks

Profile Picture Sarah, 11/11/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Albums, Digital Files, Prints