Matt Mason Photography Reviews

Matt Mason Photography 6
Matt Mason Photography 7
  • Tony

Tony Rowan · Married on 07/13/2019

Great experience with even better pictures!

10 years ago my brother chose Matt Mason and I knew I didn’t want anyone else shooting my future wedding.

The consultation is a great conversation with Matt and he is just going to try and figure out which of his photographers will work best with you and your future spouse. He aligned us with Sarah and Brook and they both did a wonderful job working through the heat but also working with some little ones (3-11 years old).

You definitely feel a personal touch when working with Matt and his photographers. Through himself and through his website you get extensive details and progressions of your special day so nothing goes overlooked and you get every shot you want and more.

You will not be disappointed if you choose to go with MMP and you’ll be happy with the finished product!

Sent on 07/29/2019
    Matt Mason Photography 13
    Matt Mason Photography 14
    Matt Mason Photography 15
    Matt Mason Photography 16
  • Jill

Jill · Married on 06/22/2019

Amazing work and a pleasure to work with

Each wedding party member and guest at our wedding could go on and on about how amazing our photographer was! Kerry truly went above and beyond for us on our wedding day, willing to try any shot we requested, spending extra time to get some really beautiful shots, and also helping us so much remember everything we wanted to do! The beginning of our wedding day had started running late and Kerry was so flexible and even helped us get some time back without feeling like anything was rushed. Our photos and our fusion video turned out absolutely amazing, and Kerry and his assistant made every part of the day even more enjoyable! This was part of our budget that we ended up splurging a bit with money we had saved elsewhere, and it was worth every penny.

Sent on 07/10/2019
  • Adam

Adam B · Married on 06/01/2019

Artistic, Responsive, Exceedingly Professional, So Happy With the result!

My wife and I first met with Matt Mason about 7 months before our wedding. She already thought she had a photographer and videographer lined up but Matt was highly recommended by our venue so we decided to hear him out. Five minutes into the meeting we were both very intrigued with the level of professionalism and artistry that Matt was able to demonstrate with his portfolio, his various photo/video packages, and the way that his style resonated with us as a couple. Our original intent was to find a photographer and then separately book a videographer. We ultimately decided to do Matt’s top tier package which included both photography, and videography done by his people. There are many expenses associated with a wedding and for us, the photography ended up being the second biggest expense besides the reception itself. IT WAS WORTH EVERY PENNY! We had Matt himself along with two additional photographers for our wedding and each member of the team brought their own creativity and skills and in the end my wife and I were thrilled about the finished products. One of the things that was most impressive to ourselves and our guests was a 4 minute video of the engagement session, as well as our “first look” and the photo session from the day and ceremony leading up to the reception that was presented AFTER DINNER AT THE RECEPTION! So all of our guests got to see how the day came together through the excellently produced video. It certainly added a wow factor to the evening and it was something that our guests remarked on that evening and in the days following the wedding. Looking back on it, there is nothing we would have done differently, and we are so thankful that we had such an excellent photography company to capture our special day. 5 Stars!

Sent on 06/13/2019
    Matt Mason Photography 17

Monica Lavariega · Married on 06/01/2019

Exceeded expectations!

Matt and his team were incredible! From the first time we met to the delivery of the photos and video, they were amazing! Matt and his team made sure that we remember all of it in great detail and from rarely seen angles. They exceeded our expectations. I will forever cherish our beautifully captured day. Thank you so much Matt!

Sent on 06/25/2019
    Matt Mason Photography 18
    Matt Mason Photography 19
    Matt Mason Photography 20
    Matt Mason Photography 21
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 12/08/2018

Couldn’t have asked for better!

There are not enough words to describe how amazing Matt Mason and his team are. They captured so many beautiful moments, from getting ready, the first looks, the ceremony and reception. They were there the entire day and made it so magical. The getting ready seemed a bit rushed. I only hoped we could have more time to take more natural photos. However, it was cold and we were very busy. When the fusion film was displayed, there was not a dry eye in the house! I could watch the video over and over again. The drone footage was absolutely amazing. Matt and his colleagues were very flexible, helpful and fun to work with! I would highly recommend!!!!!!!

Sent on 12/31/2018
  • Abby

Abby D'valentine · Married on 11/18/2018

Destination Magic

Finding MMP was the best thing that happened to my family this year. My sister used them for her wedding in early March and we feel in love with their work so we had to book them for our wedding in November! My husband and I had a destination wedding and they were more than happy to come with us and take the most breathtaking pictures of the best day of our lives :) Matt and his wife Cindy made our day an unforgettable one and captured every moment while keeping us on schedule. We are so very grateful to them for all of their hard work and the FASTEST turnaround on photos and video I've ever seen! Truly an amazing company! Do yourself a favor and book MMP to cover your important moments :) Thank you for everything!!

Sent on 12/14/2018
    Matt Mason Photography 27
  • Haley

Haley · Married on 10/20/2018

Fast and Good Quality

Matt and his team are incredibly responsive. I never waited more than 24 hours for an email. My photos are incredible and I had them within 2 weeks of the wedding. Our engagement photos went great as well, and it was nice to get to know our photographer early. Ben and Mike worked our wedding and were professional and once again, the photos are incredible.

Sent on 11/02/2018
    Matt Mason Photography 28
    Matt Mason Photography 29

Kelsey · Married on 09/28/2018

I always said the one thing I needed to be spot on for my wedding was my photographers because they are the only things that will last forever... and I got that with MMP! We had Matt himself and Jake photograph and video our wedding and I’m so happy with the outcome! They both work so well together and with my huge crazy family and bridal party! They have so much talent and skill! We had the life montage and our first look video played right after dinner and our guests couldn’t believe how fast they put it together! It was so beautiful and unforgettable. The next day, they put up their favorite photos of the day as a preview and I can’t stop looking at them! Thanks again Matt and Jake for being so amazing and working so well with us!

Sent on 10/01/2018
    Matt Mason Photography 30
    Matt Mason Photography 31
    Matt Mason Photography 32
    Matt Mason Photography 33
    Matt Mason Photography 34
    Matt Mason Photography 35

Katie · Married on 09/22/2018

Matt Mason and his team are simply amazing. Over the course of a year , Matt spoke with my fiancé and I over phone and email to ensure we were on the same page for our big day. When our wedding day came, Matt and his team were so incredibly patient and accommodating to my husband and I and our entire wedding party. We have not stopped talking about how much we enjoyed our wedding day since the morning after we woke up. We are so happy to relive it through Matt and his team’s work. In this day and age, a lot of people can do ‘a job’, but not everyone can create an experience that you’ll never forget. Hiring Matt Mason and trusting him with one of the most important days of our lives was by far the easiest, and best choice we made during planning our event. Thank you Matt and team for everything , you are truly gifted, and your love for what you do is so evident. We are forever grateful. Katie and Cory

Sent on 09/25/2018

Melissa · Married on 09/08/2018

To say Matt Masons team was amazing would be an understatement. They do amazing work, and are so fun, kind and easy to work with! We received so many compliments about the wedding video being played at our reception, and were thrilled because it’s a great way to take in the day and relive it over and over again.

Sent on 09/11/2018

Kelly · Married on 09/02/2018

We had such a great experience with Matt Mason! They really know what they are doing with photos and are so professional. They are incredibly responsive, very easy to work with, and take wonderful pictures. This is the best money we spent for our wedding - we will cherish these pictures forever! Also, they are so organized and definitely help with the organization of the day. These guys are pros and will capture all the beautiful moments from your wedding and then some.

Sent on 09/18/2018

Cayla · Married on 08/25/2018

Matt was absolutely excellent. My fiancé had a major health issue, which led us to drastically changing our wedding plans. Matt was incredibly understanding and kind, which really took a heavy load off of us at a stressful time. He took fantastic photos of our ceremony, and his staff (Matt Warren and Mike Harrison) did a excellent job at our reception- they were very flexible and captured our BEST moments. Would choose them again in a heart beat.

Sent on 09/03/2018

Erin · Married on 08/04/2018

We are so happy we chose Matt Mason for our wedding photographer. From the rehearsal dinner, the photo montage, the photo booth, photo fusion film, incredible photos, and a gorgeous wedding album - you guys went above our expectations! From the minute we met Matt Mason, his warm and genuine personality, and extreme professionalism, plus staffed with an excellent team - we knew they were the way to go! They were above our expectations - everything was so great and the photos are gorgeous. He is flexible, accommodating, and understanding to your needs - you won't go wrong!!

Sent on 10/10/2018

Taylor · Married on 06/22/2018

Matt Mason shot our wedding day and everyone, including guests loved him. Him and his team were amazing from start to finish and an integral part in planning our day and making our wedding day stress free. I wouldn't consider looking at other photographers, Matt Mason Photography is flexible and considerate. They work hard to meet your needs. We couldn't be happier with the quality photos and exciting add ons we were able to order. Matt Mason Photography made our wedding day so special and we couldn't be more grateful!

Sent on 07/10/2018

Robyn · Married on 01/27/2018

Stop here! You have just found your wedding photographer. Matt, Jake, and Ben shot our Big Day on 1/27/18. MMP's timeliness, attention to detail, ability to gather the crowds, and experience has forever given me something to look back at to relive the greatest day of our lives this far. They were prompt, knew how to direct people who aren't used to being in photos very often, and overall made everyone feel comfortable, allowing for even better photos. We selected to have MMP show a 'Fusion Film' of our day right after dinner. MMP brings a screen and projector, and plays the video for all to see before dancing begins. Our guests were absolutely floored. Like, a jaws dropped type of floored. MMP works diligently the day-of to put together video clips from the day to create a masterpiece of a film. Every time I watch the Fusion Film, I feel the emotions I was feeling on our big day all over again - how can it get any better? You don't need to worry about hiring a separate Videographer, MMP comes to the rescue!! Did I also mention that literally within hours of your wedding, they have 'sneak peak' photos for you and your guests to start viewing online? How cool was it that after our reception, when we went back to our hotel, that multiple guests were looking at our photos? (MMP goes around during the reception and hands out cards with information on how guests can view the photos). All my husband and I kept hearing was "Look at this one! Did you see this photo? Look, look! These photos are so great! I can't believe we can see some already!". This just added to how great our day was. You will not regret hiring MMP for your big day. Please, take my word for it. You can trust MMP to capture some of the biggest moments of your life. They did it for me, you are next.

Sent on 02/09/2018
    Matt Mason Photography 43
    Matt Mason Photography 44
    Matt Mason Photography 45

Nicole · Married on 10/28/2017

We would highly recommend Matt Mason Photography for anyone looking for a photographer. We had MMP photograph our wedding in October 2017, and Matt Mason and Ben Foster were our photographers. They were absolutely amazing! During wedding planning, Matt helped us to organize our wedding day timeline and photo preferences; and he was highly accommodating to our schedules and geographical distance. (We live in Chicago and were married in Lake Geneva.) On our wedding day, MMP kept us on track with our timeline schedule throughout the day, despite the ladies running a little late getting ready; and they were able to shoot all of the photos we requested. They were creative with capturing the best photos of the bride and groom, of the wedding party and our families, and of very special moments throughout our wedding day. They surprised our guests with the My Life Montage video at our reception, which was beautifully put together and enjoyed by all. MMP was professional, efficient, and very fun to work with. The final pictures were just stunning. MMP far exceeded our (already high) expectations, and we are beyond thrilled that we chose Matt Mason Photography to provide us with picture and video memories that we can look back upon to relive our special day. MMP is absolutely amazing!

Sent on 11/13/2017

Tara · Married on 10/27/2017

Choosing Matt Mason Photography was the best decision we made for our wedding. We had a private ceremony in a quaint building packed with 20 people. Jake Schnake and Ben Foster got a perfect shot of every emotion that happened. We were blessed with a cloudy day, and the pictures we took outside look like a piece of artwork. It's hard to pick just a few pictures to blow up and put on the wall! Every time I look through the album I am blown away by how almost every single shot is my favorite.
    Jake and Ben were happy to work with us and use our Vespas for a very personal touch. This was important because scooters are such a big part of our lives, and to be able to incorporate them into our wedding was no question! We appreciate them being able to personalize the day and make it feel more like "us."
    We have gotten so many compliments on our photos. People can really tell the difference between an average photographer, and someone who has an eye for it. I don't know how these guys do it. They are all extremely talented.
    Jake and Ben did an outstanding job. They were very professional and well organized. Jake helped us a lot with our timeline of how the day would go. I was at ease the whole time of planning.
    I will recommend Matt Mason Photography to everyone I know. I'm so glad we have these pictures to cherish forever, and I believe this is how everyone should feel about their wedding photos. Thank you, Matt Mason, and your team for giving us the best gift of capturing the memories of our day!

Sent on 11/26/2017
    Matt Mason Photography 46
    Matt Mason Photography 47

Gina · Married on 10/14/2017

Just wow. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU to Matt, Kerry, and Ben for helping capture every moment so perfectly at our wedding. Matt - you have been so pleasant to work with; your communication, customer service, organization, and planning are just on point for the bride that has a million questions. Kerry and Ben - you were so wonderful to work with. You instantly put wedding nerves at ease and made it so comfortable and fun to work with you. You were on top of every requested picture, location change, and so much more. I cannot say enough about how happy we are that we chose Matt Mason Photography!

Sent on 10/26/2017

Annie · Married on 10/14/2017

I truly cannot reiterate enough just how outstanding Matt Mason and his entire team at Matt Mason Photography has been for my now husband and I from start to finish throughout our wedding and planning process. We were absolutely in awe seeing the amazing moments our photographers Jake and Ben captured throughout our day. We still have many of our guests reaching out to us stating that our photographers were hands down the best in the business, and they could not get over just how impactful their work from our wedding has been to them. We had one guest even offer to fly Jake across the country to capture her day – a true testament to their hard work, creative and thoughtful approach, and positive energy and attitudes! Matt, Jake, and Ben were an absolute joy to work with throughout our planning period and really created a package that catered to all of our needs. Matt met with us for a complimentary consultation and was genuine, clear about the offerings/package details, and overall so excited at the idea of capturing our wedding. After we made the decision to move forward with Matt and his team, the rest was taken care of so seamlessly and they truly made us feel at ease from the time we walked into his studio a year and a half before our big day – all the way up until the minute before walking down the aisle. Having a photographer who makes the planning process easier and stress-free is truly something to be said about the type of business Matt has created, and we can attest and stand by the values Matt and his team at Matt Mason Photography live through their work 100%! We recommend Matt Mason Photography a million times over, and are so incredibly thankful we have our wedding memories forever from such skilled, experienced, and overall wonderful team of people. Our wedding pictures and Cinema film are even more special to us knowing the hard work and great people behind them, and for that we are forever grateful to Matt, Jake, and Ben from Matt Mason Photography!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Amanda · Married on 09/30/2017

What is left to say about photographers already voted the best? Honestly I'm here to validate that. My husband and I met Matt two years ago and knew we were going to be in good hands. His work speaks for itself. But behind the stunning photos everyone gets to enjoy for the rest of their lives, is one of the most professional, kind, talented and focused individuals I've had the pleasure of knowing. You arent just getting a photographer, you're getting someone you can rely on to keep people focused during photos, assist with planning aspects, someone who has experience to provide the best advice, someone who is receptive of what you want, and above all makes you feel comfortable.

Our wedding photos, and many other weddings before and after ours are and will be evident of all of the above. So Matt and Ben, thank you for capturing everything magical of our day. You live up to your reputation. You have a lot of photos to prove your work, but not enough of you. So thank you for taking one with us. It was truly a pleasure!! Cheers

Sent on 10/26/2017
    Matt Mason Photography 48

Alexia · Married on 09/16/2017

My husband and I recently got the chance to work with Matt Mason photography for our engagement photos and wedding photos. Overall we could not be more happier with the quality of work, the timeliness, and the personal experience Matt Mason photography had offer. Kerry and Ben were creative and organized which allowed us to enjoy our wedding day instead of stressed about the details. We were so surprised to find out that they not only captured beautiful pictures of the bridal party and the wedding guests, but also the venue so we will have memories from every detail of our wedding that last for a lifetime.

Sent on 10/04/2017

Emily · Married on 09/16/2017

My husband and I just got married in September of this year and we couldn't be happier with Matt Mason and Ben Foster. The pictures were amazing and perfect and Matt and Ben didn't make us feel like we were taking pictures for hours. It's amazing the pictures he got in the amount of time that we had. And the same day video still brings tears to my eyes. All of the guests' jaws hit the floor when the video was playing. Matt was so organized and planned the day for us just perfectly. He was organizing and getting people where the needed to be on our big day better than our wedding coordinator. Our day wouldn't have been nearly as amazing without Matt Mason photography and I would recommend him to absolutely anyone. He is worth every single penny and more!!!!

Sent on 10/05/2017

Jennifer · Married on 09/16/2017

We were blown away by seeing Matt Mason Photography’s “Same-Day Wedding Video” at a friend’s wedding years ago, and knew we had to work with Matt Mason Photography for our wedding!! We had the absolute pleasure of working with Jake Schnake and Ben Foster as our wedding photographers.
    Jake helped us through the planning process of our wedding. He was professional, personal, and talented—a wonderful representation of the company. Our engagement photo session was included with our photography package. It was an awesome way for us to get to know Jake and use some of the engagement photos for our Save the Dates and guestbook! Jake helped us with our wedding day timeline and organized many details of our day. He was always so quick with communication and to offer recommendations.
    On our wedding day, Jake and Ben were so cool and fun to work with. They made the entire wedding party relaxed and comfortable. They captured incredible candid and timeless shots from all moments of the day, as well as details of the wedding cake, place cards, first look, and reception that I was not able to experience first-hand. Jake and Ben are so incredibly talented and creative!
    Not only were Jake and Ben our wedding photographers, but they also provided us with a “Same-Day Wedding Video” which was shown after dinner on our wedding night. The video was honestly the highlight of our reception, and our guests were so impressed by it. It was so fun to see video clips of moments that just happened earlier that day. Thanks to Jake, Ben, and Matt Mason Photography, we will be able to cherish and relive our wedding day forever!
    To top it all off, the VERY NEXT DAY they already had some of our pictures up on the website! About 2 weeks later we got the link to hundreds of more photos AND we were sent a very high quality leather wedding photo album delivered to our house (along with many extra 5x7 and 4x6 photos). THEY ARE TRULY THE BEST!

Sent on 10/18/2017
  • W

William · Married on 09/15/2017

Hire these guys! Top to bottom they were fantastic. The quality and creativity behind every shot is phenomenal. They are worth every penny and the presentation they put on during the reception is second to none.

Sent on 09/18/2017