36 Reviews for Matt Gruber Photography

High-Res Images (12)
Liability Insurance (6)
Albums (4)
36 Matt Gruber Photography Reviews

He (and Scott) are the best. We cannot say enough good about him. He is professional, prompt, smart, funny, and creative. He has a keen eye for lighting and art, which we loved. We couldn't have asked for a better photographer.

Profile Picture Tess, 6/16/18, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance

Matt and his team were amazing. We had heard from other photographers that our venue was challenging to shoot. Matt's photos are incredible. I was overwhelmed when he sent us our photos. They were better than I could have ever expected. He was very easy to work with throughout the whole process and made everyone feel comfortable when taking the pictures. I would recommend him to anyone!

Profile Picture Christine, 5/18/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance

I used Matt as the photographer for my wedding on 9/30/2017. Working with Matt was great from start to finish! He quickly responds to all emails throughout the process, his pictures are beautiful, and his wedding packages are really straightforward. His wedding packages include free engagement photos, and he has no time restrictions and includes 2 photographers on the day of the wedding in the price. Not having another vendor where I had to stress about when to start and stop the service was super helpful! He was also extremely reasonably priced and his pictures came out amazing!!!! He managed to capture all of the important events of the day, without even noticing he was there. He was also helpful with making picture/location suggestions, but at the end of the day, he really stressed it was our wedding and he was willing to take whatever pictures we wanted. I loved the blog of a handful of photos a few days after the wedding and just received all of my photos back in about a month! All in all, I would definitely recommend Matt for anyone looking for a wedding photographer!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 9/30/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images, Digital Files

We are so happy we hired Matt Gruber Photography! First of all, our pictures are GORGEOUS and we've received a TON of compliments on our engagement and wedding photos and are so happy with them! If anything, our biggest problem is narrowing down all of the pictures to choose which to post/put in albums! Matt did an excellent job capturing our day perfectly with beautiful and heartwarming pictures, often with vivid colors!

Secondly, my husband and I just enjoyed working with Matt, which is important when you're spending your whole day with someone. He was both casual and flexible but also great about making sure we stayed on time while getting all of the pictures done (which was really important to us)! Some photographers can be pushy and more concerned about staging photos instead of capturing what's actually happening, but Matt is just the opposite and we were so happy about that!

Matt's easy-going personality also made working with him easier for a few other reasons. First off, the fact that he is willing to be there for whatever hours you need him there is a HUGE plus and makes the day so much easier!! My husband and I had to fit our engagement photos into one of our trips to Philly (since we live in DC). When it looked like it might rain on the day of our engagement shoot, Matt said that he was willing to come to DC to take the shots if needed. It ended up being beautiful on our engagement shoot day in Philly, but it was really nice and comforting to know that that backup plan was a possibility.

Profile Picture Miriam, 9/10/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Digital Files

A friend I went to high school with sent me Matts information. She was upset she couldn't use him cause he was already booked for her day. Luckily we got married during the week so he was free. As soon as we met with him I knew we had to book. He is awesome and so is Kelly. He is awesome and we are so glad we picked him for our wedding. The sneak peek of the pictures made me even more excited to see the rest. I'm recommending him to all my friends getting married.

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/6/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance

Coming from a family of photographers, graphic artists and film editors, I wondered how the heck everyone could agree on a photographer for my daughter's wedding. So let's forget the artistic side of things and talk about Matt. He is a-maz-ing! The most cheerful, chill, organized and professional guy around. Never a bit of pressure or negativity. If you want to get freaking amazing images, without any prima donna attitude, you need to book Matt NOW! Your day will be perfect, your photos stunning, and it will all be done in a relaxed, caring and fun way. Highly recommended if you couldn't tell ??

Profile Picture Tee, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE MATT DO THEIR WEDDING PHOTOS.

It is hard to describe how amazing Matt is. He offers a free engagement shoot to get to know you. He responds promptly to emails to answer any questions, and really takes what you want into account. He is a talented photographer and manages to be everywhere at once during the ceremony and reception to capture every important moment. He blends in so well and it feels like he is just a part of the party going on around everyone.

His prices are beyond competitive - they are a steal. We could not be happier with our choice and the preview photos from our wedding blew us away. We are obsessed and want everyone to know how great he is. He is also not intrusive and gets his photos in a way that does not tear the bride and groom away from the crowd. Cannot say enough.

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/13/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files

Matt is AMAZING at what he does. We are beyond thrilled with the photos that Matt took for both our engagement session and wedding day. He was recommended to us by friends and we couldn't have been happier with choosing him to be our photographer. We priced out multiple different photographers and Matt's packages are super competitive. What sold us was how laid back and down to earth Matt was when we met with him for a consultation. He made us feel comfortable in what can sometimes be an awkward situation (I'm not used to someone taking photos of me) and never forced us into a specific "pose". He was super responsive when it came to asking him questions via email and even got our wedding photos back to us pretty fast - we didn't have to wait months to get our photos back like I've heard some other people have to do. I would definitely recommend Matt, he's great at capturing those natural moments that you want to remember after the big day is over!

Profile Picture Mandy, 5/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Matt and his team are AMAZING at what they do! Even in the pouring rain that lasted almost all day, they were able to take pictures that I know my new hubby and I will cherish forever. Matt was with my bridal party and I while we were getting ready and stayed by my side the whole day. His creative eye is unmatched and in every package he offers, an engagement session is INCLUDED! The talent in him and in his team is incredible and they are phenomenal individuals! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Profile Picture Erin, 4/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Matt was amazing to work with. He captured so many memories from our wedding day that we will cherish forever! He was so easy to work with and made everyone feel comfortable.

Profile Picture Jessica, 3/25/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Matt is the best photographer in the Philadelphia area! He was prompt with his replies, punctual and always offered a great feedback to all our questions and requests. He is very pleasant to talk to, my husband and I always felt very comfortable around him and he really captured how goofy and silly we are with each other. During our engagement session and our wedding, he was very accommodating and tried to capture natural pictures, with everybody being themselves and having a great time. We are very happy we chose him to capture such special moment. I highly recommend him if you want beautiful photos to remember your wedding season!

Profile Picture Andreina , 12/17/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Not only a talented photographer, Matt is a pleasure to be around. We had so much fun joking around with him that sometimes we forgot he was taking our photo. Booking him was very simple and throughout the lead-up to our wedding he was clear and efficient, asking what we wanted and guiding us through what we needed to do. He also worked around our schedules when it came time to book our engagement photos.
When looking for a photographer for a November wedding we knew we wanted someone who was good with lighting and timing because we would be racing against the sun. Matt and his assistant Kelly were extraordinary and exceeded our expectations.
We had a list of “must have” group shots and they cruised through them despite being limited on time. Both Matt and Kelly were ring leaders and corralled us where we needed to be and helped us keep track of the time to make sure we got all the photos we wanted. We got them all and even a few more than we expected.
On our wedding day, he was very polite and friendly to everyone he came across and yet invisible most of the time. He really just let us and all our guests get on with enjoying the day. It was important to us that we could actually enjoy the results of all the effort we'd put into planning our wedding. Matt allowed us to do that, all the while capturing the day without interrupting the memories being created. The engagement photo session really helped to give us a taste of his style and helped me get my nerves and my giggles out (well some of them) before our wedding day. We also loved that he was there with us to the very end, he truly did not miss one moment. 24 hours after our wedding he posted a blog post with some stunning photos, which was an awesome surprise and it was fun to show coworkers and random strangers our preview shots! We also received all of our photos in less than a month!

Profile Picture Caroline, 11/26/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files

We had the BEST time with Matt at our engagement shoot. He was extremely professional, yet fun and flexible. We came with plenty of our own ideas, but he had so many we hadn't thought of and those were some of our favorite shots! It was almost impossible to narrow down the pictures we wanted because they were all stunning! I have already recommended Matt Gruber Photography to several of my friends and family and will continue to do so. Don't hesitate! Book him now!!!

Profile Picture User5314744, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files, High-Res Images

Choosing Matt Gruber as our wedding photographer was one of the best decisions we made!! His photos are absolutely gorgeous and he was so easy and comfortable to work with. He made it a point to make sure me and AJ were happy the whole time making sure we got every shot we wanted. Such a pleasure to work with both him and Colette. We can't wait to see ALL of the final photos. We've already recommended him to multiple friends :)

Profile Picture Ashley, 9/2/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, High-Res Images

I first met Matt when he was shooting my friend's wedding and I was really impressed with his presence and her wedding photos. After I got engaged I immediately booked him and it was smooth sailing the whole time! Matt was super responsive to all my emails and really easy to plan with, one vendor I certainly didn't have to worry about! On the wedding day, Matt was prompt and immediately got to work. He really worked with me on what I wanted and was super flexible. Our guests commented on how impressed they were because you didn't even notice he was there, he fit right it. We just got a look at our wedding pictures and I am ecstatic!!!! They are beautiful!!!! I would absolutely recommend him if you're looking for someone who is easy to work with and gives great pictures for a great price. My sister already booked him for her upcoming wedding!

Profile Picture Erica, 6/18/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files

Matt did a wonderful job with our engagement photos and our wedding. He gave us a good deal and he took absolutely beautiful photos. Don't be afraid to provide him with a list of what positions and shots you definitely want, he wanted us to lead the photo sessions to get everything we wanted. We started late and we were running out of time but he moved quickly and we love our photos.

Profile Picture Amber, 5/29/16, 8 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images, Digital Files

My wife and I chose Matt Gruber Photography for our wedding. Suffice it to say, it was the best decision we made throughout our entire wedding planning process. Right from the jump, Matt was very professional and organized, yet very easy going. It was a great first impression that only got better and better with from there.

The location of our engagement photo session was where my wife and I first met, a recreation field. A simple enough setting, but when Matt got behind the lens of his cameras, he made the whole area transform into something truly amazing. With Autumn colors all around us, Matt captured some quite spectacular shots using the setting sun to his advantage. The resulting pictures were amazing. He definitely captured the love, happiness, and wackiness my wife and I share together! We used several of those pictures throughout our wedding. We loved them, and so did everyone else!

Our wedding photos too, are simply perfect! On our wedding day, Matt was with my wife and bridal party, while his associate, Collette, was paired up with my groomsmen and me. Each one has such a creative eye for capturing moments in time that end up being so meaningful.

All of the pictures Matt and Collette took, in fact, are beautiful. We just got the album back and it’s incredible to see how amazing they were at capturing the entire wedding and reception. Matt is so skilled, so creative, and always on top of things to make sure the next shot he takes, is perfect. The pictures of the bridal party before the reception are our absolute favorite! We are so thankful we used Matt Gruber Photography, and absolutely recommend them to everyone! If you have the opportunity to book him, do it now!! Thanks for everything Matt!

Profile Picture Noah, 5/28/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images, Albums, Digital Files

From our first encounter at our engagement shoot through our wedding, we could not have been happier with the service we received from Matt. From the moment we met, he made us feel at ease and comfortable in front of the lens. Looking through our pictures from our wedding, everything that Matt and Kelly captured has allowed us to relive each moment and memory. His eye for detail captured every emotion we and our guests felt throughout the day. We have received many compliments not only on the photos but also how great Matt and Kelly were throughout the day. My only wish is that we could get married again and again so that we can work with them again!

Profile Picture Andrea, 5/20/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Matt Gruber did an amazing job at our wedding on 4/24/16 and we couldn't be happier! I changed my wedding date multiple times due to many issues and Matt was very polite about it. When I was looking for photographers in Philly, many started their packages at double the price. A coworker told me about Matt and he does great quality work. He is VERY reasonably priced and his packages include an engagement shoot, 2 photographers on the day of the wedding, all day capturing, all your photos on a flash drive, and all rights to your photos. We opted out of a photo book and decided to print on our own. We were speechless when we saw our sneak peak on his blog. Very artsy photos and he uses lighting well to make the perfect picture. Can't wait to use our pictures for canvas's around our home! Matt was very professional and easy to work with and we are so glad we chose him to capture our wedding day! I already had a friend book him after they saw our photos. Book him now! :)

Profile Picture Jennifer, 4/30/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance

Professional, fun, creative, talented. It would be difficult to describe Matt, his business and his work without using those adjectives. When looking for a photographer for our wedding, we wanted to work with someone that offered fair prices, didn't nickel and dime us with their time, promised a reasonable turn around time for our photos, and could offer experience and creativity with photo ideas and capturing special moments.

Matt exceeded every one of our expectations. On our wedding day we worked with Matt and one of his assistants - both of them were wonderful. They showed up on time and stayed all day - there was no time limit. They were there capturing moments until the very last song! Matt posted a blog with over 30 photos the day after our wedding. We loved it! It was awesome to be able to share some great photos immediately and it held us over until all of our images were complete just a few weeks later.

Matt's products and services are nothing short of outstanding. For one of the most exciting and anticipated days of your life, you are in great hands trusting Matt and his team to capture your memories! THANK YOU MATT!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/31/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files, High-Res Images

I honestly don't know where to begin, from engagement photos to wedding photos Matt is simply the best. My husband and I were so worried that our engagement photos would feel forced and awkward but Matt made it feel like a friend was taking our photos! Matt, you are so down to earth and awesome to work with! Thank you for being our photographer, our pictures are truly AMAZING!

Profile Picture Katie, 10/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I contacted Matt after I saw a coworkers wedding photos he had recently done. Matt was easy to work with and the pictures from our wedding are amazing. We have received so many compliments on the pictures we have shared with our friends and family. I would not hesitate hiring Matt again in a heartbeat and would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a great photographer.

Profile Picture Katie, 10/3/15, 5 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images, Digital Files

Matt is extremely professional and fun to work with. Me and my wife did our engagement pictures with him and instantly knew he would also be our guy for the wedding. ( He also traveled all the way to New York City to do our engagement photos)

Matt and his assistant Colette work amazingly together and come up with great picture ideas. I am not a picture person but I actually enjoyed taking them with Matt. I highly, highly recommend him for ANY occasion

Profile Picture Justin, 9/12/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Matt was so easy to work with from day 1. He and Colette really captured our day beautifully. They also were extremely timely with delivering our photos too us. They really took great consideration of what we wanted, wonderful photographer but also just great people to work with! I still love looking through the photos because they are such great memories of an awesome day :)

Profile Picture Lindsay , 8/15/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Matt Gruber was so professional! I loved that he stayed the whole day from pre-ceremony with us getting ready to the end of the reception! Also, i really wanted two photographers to capture, not only both of us getting ready but different angles of the day! the price was comparable to other places but those other places didnt include two photographers or the length of time he stayed!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 5/9/15, 4 Reviews