Matt Blasing Photography Reviews

59 | Albuquerque, NM

59 Reviews for Matt Blasing Photography

• DONNA

DONNA · Married on 10/29/2016

We choose the right people for the job! Matt and Amy were one of many photographers I found through the wedding guides locally and online. My routine was to look for one who advertised locally, look at their website, email them and see how personable they were and if their prices were outrageous or not for what we were asking for.

Not only did Matt and Amy email me right back, but they were very kind, excited, informative and ready to meet! I was nervous and all of the other photographers seemed very professional but not really my type of people. But Matt and Amy truly make a wonderful team. Amy is very into meeting us as a couple and talkative like myself and Matt is very professional and is serious about his photography. As a team they are PERFECT.

Now for the prices, you seriously get what you ask for AND MORE with this couple! Matt & Amy go above and beyond to make their couples happy and they make sure we run ON TIME. Matt even helped put our lights up at our wedding when we were running late and my bridesmaids and I were desperately trying to put everything up in time. He just jumped in and being so tall he didn't need a ladder most of the time! Darn you Matt!!

We loved our engagement photos, no question about that, but we just got our wedding photos and we had a blast going through all of them one by one and just sharing our own memories with one another of our wedding day.
    Over all we couldn’t have picked a better photographer, Matt and Amy put their hearts into their work. They are personable; they are kind, hard-working and will earn our business again in the future (hopefully for family photos!) We love how they work as a team and how they directed us during the photos for the best possible shots. We like that Matt is original and tries new things with us.

I am so happy to have found you two, Ben and I are not social butterflies and you made us feel more at ease.

Sent on 11/06/2016

Matt Blasing Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review. We absolutely loved your wedding day and are so happy you love your photos as much as we do. We hope to stay in touch as you move forward in your new married life together!! Best, Matt and Amy

Kayla · Married on 10/15/2016

Matt & Amy both did an amazing job. The love they share between the two of them is inspiring and it was great to have that presence on our special day. As soon as we got engaged and decided to use Matt, he was attentive from the get go. We were sent a personalized package that made us feel very special and important. Matt's wife was also very attentive and easy to communicate with. If there was ever something I was thinking about, or ideas I had, I never felt like I couldn't reach out to her and get a prompt response. We got our photos within a week of the wedding and we can't stop looking at them! While the photos are completely amazing, I am beyond pleased with how Matt & Amy interacted with our bridal party and how they made everyone feel comfortable. I would HIGHLY recommend this duo to photograph your wedding. You will NOT be dissatisfied.

Sent on 10/28/2016

Matt Blasing Photography's reply:

Kayla-thank you so much for this!! We were so honored that you trusted us to photograph your wedding day. We know it must have been a bit stressful for you to choose a photographer that lived so far away, but it means the world to us that you put your faith in us. We loved our trip to Illinois and everything about your wedding was perfect. We hope you have an amazing honeymoon this week, and we look forward to visiting Illinois again in the future for family photos (and maternity photos when the time comes). =) Best, Matt and Amy

Doreen · Married on 10/15/2016

One of the greatest moments a mother has is seeing her daughter walk down the aisle to see her dreams come true. The day is filled with such magical crazy moments. Matt and Amy were able to capture those magical crazy moments – every one of them. Of course there are the requisite posed photos, but Matt and Amy caught those candid moments of love, friendship, pure happiness and silliness. Those are the photos I cherish the most. Where I see photos of my daughter looking at her husband with hope and love, and see him look at her with awe and sincerity. This is Matt’s gift.
    A Midwest wedding in October can be a pretty big gamble for any photographer! Matt had never seen corn fields before and our outdoor venue was surrounded by standing dry corn ready for harvest – he saw a gorgeous backdrop for our family photos. The day was cloudy and windy – he used those challenges to our advantage – the colors of the dresses and flowers are amazing and Kayla’s veil flowed beautifully! Amy kept us all organized and got the family photos done so efficiently so we could enjoy cocktail hour with our guests!
    Matt and Amy meshed into our family and friends so seamlessly that we didn’t have that awkwardness or stiffness – they are able to make everyone feel comfortable and relaxed so the photos show who you really are. Frankly, I don’t even remember “seeing” a photographer, I just saw Matt and Amy enjoying the celebrations!
    One of the bridesmaids in my daughter’s wedding has already decided on Matt and Amy for her wedding photographer… and she’s not picked the groom yet! If you are choosing a photographer for a special event (or just because), you can stop looking. You have found the photographer right here.

Sent on 02/02/2017

Matt Blasing Photography's reply:

We're pretty sure Stephen and Kayla's wedding will forever be a favorite. We loved being able to fly into the midwest to photograph such an amazing wedding at such an incredible place! Being surrounded by your incredible friends and family was just an added bonus. Thank you for including us in the rehearsal dinner/celebration-karaoke is our FAVORITE!! We hope to stay in touch with you all, and thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review. Feedback from parents of our couples is so important to us! We loved being part of this day with you all!

Melissa · Married on 09/24/2016

From the very first time we met Matt and Amy, we knew we would never regret the decision to have them shoot our wedding day photos. It was very easy to talk with them and they were very engaged with listening to our vision of how we saw our engagement and wedding photos. And my goodness did they bring our vision to life!! Not only did they do an amazing job with both sets of photos, but more than that, they are amazing people! Matt and Amy treated us as if they knew us for years. They asked all the right questions in order to ensure that they would capture everything special about our day. We are so glad we choose them to capture the special moments of our wedding experience. If you want exceptional customer service, spectacular photos and friends for life, then Matt and Amy are your photographers!

Sent on 10/27/2016

Matt Blasing Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Melissa! We will always remember taking that bumpy trip out to the ranch for your engagement photos, and the amazing beauty that awaited us in the location you chose. We have a feeling you and Kyle will be showcased in our studio for years to come. Thanks for placing your trust in us and choosing us as your engagement and wedding photographers. We're so happy you love your photos, and love keeping in touch with you on social media. Best, Matt and Amy

Lori · Married on 09/22/2016

We knew we needed a photographer who could capture the perfect shots in a very challenging situation with poor lighting, a crowd of people with no rehearsal. Our ceremony was at a pop-up, surprise wedding and Matt had to be quick on his feet. He did not disappoint! The images are perfect, beautiful and really showcase our unique ceremony. Matt Blasing Photography is the best because Matt and Amy are fantastic!

Sent on 01/10/2017

Matt Blasing Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for this review, Lori. We would have been thrilled and honored to photograph your wedding to Trevor at any place and time, but the fact that you chose a surprise wedding at Diner en Blanc-what a once in a lifetime event for us to photograph. Thank you for placing your trust in us. We're so glad you have both come into our lives and we look forward to the years that lie ahead as you start your new married life together.

Jessica · Married on 09/17/2016

You could not go wrong in choosing Matt Blasing as your photographer! He and his wife are amazing at what they do! They care about their couples and aim to please! We were not disappointed and look forward to using them for other photography needs in the future!

Sent on 11/06/2016

Matt Blasing Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Jessica!! We were so happy to be a part of your wedding day, and wish you both the best in your life together. Thank you for placing your trust in us! Best, Matt and Amy

Katie · Married on 09/02/2016

Amy and Matt are AMAZING to work with! Despite the unexpected rain on our wedding day, they were sweet and accommodating. In total, we've had three photo shoots with them. One was for our engagement photos, then a family shoot and finally our wedding day. Never once were we disappointed! We will be using them for our photo needs!

Sent on 09/22/2016

Matt Blasing Photography's reply:

Awwwww thanks Katie!! We have loved getting to know you, Anthony and your families. We wish you the best in your first year of marriage! Keep in touch with us! Best, Matt and Amy

Briana · Married on 08/18/2016

What can I say, Matt and Amy are wonderful. We have tons of amazing photos from our wedding day. They captured so many beautiful moments that day, and we will be able to enjoy them for a lifetime. Also, they were tons of fun to work with. Thank you so much for being a part of our special day.

Sent on 09/01/2016

Matt Blasing Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Briana! Your wedding was a BLAST! And we're so glad you stopped by the studio last week to pick up your canvas. It was wonderful to see you both again, and to meet that adorable pup of yours. Our best to you and Matt. Please keep in touch! Best, Matt and Amy
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 10/13/2018

Love at first Sight

First things first, I met Amy and Matt at a wedding show at Buffalo Thunder in Santa Fe, they drew me in immediately because there little booth was surrounded by various people. There work must be great right? I walked over (more like shoved) my way through the swarm of brides and looked at some of there work in the beautiful bound black book. There photos were captivating they captured each couples genuine smile and beauty. I was already sold when Mrs Amy came over and asked me some questions, I was drawn to her right away, from her bright smile to her warm an inviting tone and of course her love of Disney. We set up our appointment and met with them about a month later. That's when my husband and I really made our decision we sat in there studio for what seemed like only minutes talking about our vision then getting sidetracked with our eerily similar ways of meeting our hubby's (so maybe Amy and I were just doing the talking).

They were the first vendor we booked even before our venue and I am so happy I did. They were both responsive to my vast amount of questions and were open to every idea I had and even recommended a few vendors that I should look at. Now I am a type A bride by April 2018 I had all of my wedding planned and just needed to pay everything off. For our engagement photos, I wanted to have them at our first date spot and take some pictures with my black lab who turned 14 years old. Matt was able to take pictures of my dog walking around and smiling and capture some of the most fun and intimate photos at one of my favorite spots. What I love the most is that Matt was able to give me the last good photos I have with my dog as he passed away a few months later . As we approached our wedding day Matt and Amy sent me a questionnaire to fill out that basically gave me a timeline of how our Big Day was going to go and who I wanted pictures with.

Now October 13, 2018 happened and I was calm as a cucumber and Matt and Amy came in with there positive and fun energy and took photos of me with two of my best friends getting ready. I will cherish those photos since I haven't seen my childhood best friend since I was 10 years old. It still makes me giddy inside when I look at them. I wasn't nervous about the big day I think I was more nervous about how Matt and Amy could make me beautiful (I tend to self degrade and have body issues galore) When I finally got my photos which FYI they had my wedding photos done in a gallery by the time we boarded our plane to our honeymoon. I was blown away by the 300+ photos they provided, they captured all of my family and my friends in one beautiful day between our ceremony and first dance to our reception.

They even gave me my Hollywood Flare that I didn't even know I needed. What I loved the most is that they truly made me feel beautiful and captured every loving look my husband gave me, from his sweet smile to his gentle embrace for our first dance. I truly am blessed and ecstatic that I went we these two beautiful souls for our wedding day. They truly captured every moment that I ever wanted and then some. If you are on the fence about hiring them, DON'T BE, they will exceed your expectations and blow you away with their skills and artistry . Bonus tip they even do a behind the scenes Instagram story of your wedding too! I highly recommend them for everything and anything and will hire them for any of my future photography needs.

Sent on 06/06/2019