Matt Blasing Photography Reviews

59 | Albuquerque, NM

59 Reviews for Matt Blasing Photography

Brenna Berryhill · Married on 09/22/2018

Above and Beyond!

When my husband and I first saw Matt’s work displayed at our venue we just knew we had to hire him as our photographer. I was in awe of the moments they captured and couldn’t wait to have my own photos to cherish. Not only did Matt deliver, he far exceeded every expectation we had as a client.
    Matt and his wife, Amy, are quite literally Wedding Angels. If you find yourself considering them as your wedding photographers you should make the call and book them now!
    Amy was a saving grace when it came down to helping me straighten out loose ends on the day-of. Matt and Amy went above and beyond to help make the day run as smoothly as possible—and they succeeded beautifully.
    Not only did they offer helping hands, but they captured our day from start to finish without missing a beat. They are punctual, professional, and are seamless coordinators.
    I know that I was worried with our wedding time-line and how to orchestrate all the moving parts and pieces on our big day but, Matt and Amy stepped-in here too! We went over how the day would run down to every last detail and they helped not only the Bridal Party, but some other Vendors, stick to the plan, too.
    I especially enjoyed seeing a “sneak peek” of our wedding photos the day after and having our gallery delivered digitally while on our Honeymoon was awesome! (I got to cry all over again!)
    In all, our Wedding Day was perfection in our eyes and I know I owe a huge thank you and so much credit to The Blasings!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Chris · Married on 09/17/2018

From our first email contact, to our last shoot hiking through the brush on the Bosque, Matt and Amy were the consummate professionals we hoped they'd be. They were punctual, kind, supportive, flexible and honest. Alone, these traits would warrant a rave review, but that's just icing on the cake that is their amazing photographic skills! We couldn't possibly be happier with their creativity and willingness to be playful while maintaining a level of class that is largely unrivaled in the industry. Our photos speak for themselves. Thank you both!

Sent on 10/05/2018

Shawna Gillespie · Married on 09/15/2018

Two Thumbs Up!

It is my honor to leave this review for Matt Blasing Photography and the incredible work that comes with both their engagement photography and wedding day services. Daniel and I booked Matt Blasing Photography shortly after crossing paths with them at the Tanoan Bridal Show in March of 2018. We scheduled a beautiful engagement session at the Bosque with Kady and William – who are both incredible at what they do along with being incredible people in general! Kady gave us simple instructions on what to do, how to walk, how to pose, when to smile, etc. while capturing our full engagement session. Fast-forward to September 2018 and we had the pleasure of working with Kady and William again for the big day! Once again, Kady and William tag teamed to create the most beautiful and memorable “getting ready” photos and they absolutely exceeded our expectations while capturing the actual ceremony! Kady has a ton of experience behind the camera and it definitely shows when it came time to gather family, friends and the entire wedding party for the large group photos following the ceremony. Kady was patient with everyone we requested to be in our photos and even put up with the semi-rowdy wedding party while capturing, again, the most memorable photos we could have ever asked for! September 15th, 2018 was a magical day, and Kady didn’t miss a beat! Best part? Daniel and I received our entire days worth of wedding photo’s 1 week later while we were on our honeymoon, so we got to relive every detail of our special day on the beautiful beach of Maui!

If you’re looking for an experienced, patient and professional photographer, look no further! Matt Blasing Photography makes you feel like family, never fails to give you a quick response and can really assist you in any of your wedding day questions and needs. Matt Blasing is quick and efficient at getting your highly anticipated photos to you, and delivers them in a very organized and easy to access way. Not only do they have the experience you look for in a photographer, but also they truly enjoy what they do day in and day out (and it shows!). Thank you Matt Blasing Photography for capturing our special day ☺ we will definitely work with the Blasing family to capture our next big life event, whenever that may be! ☺

Sent on 10/16/2018

Amanda · Married on 09/01/2018

I cannot describe how happy we were with Matt and Amy! If I got married a thousand times (never going to happen haha) I would ALWAYS choose them. Before we were even engaged, I followed Matt Blasing Photography on Instagram. The pictures that they capture are so beautiful, it's not even fair to compare them to other photographers! Within a week of my husband proposing, we met with Matt and Amy in their studio and as soon as we walked to the car I declared they would be our photographers and there was no need to discuss it further! Our engagement photos were perfection and left us in anticipation of our big day. We received our completed album (with over 1000 photos!) within a week of us being married!!!! Once I opened the link and started to look at the pictures, I could not help but cry. They captured every important moment that day from not only 1 angle, but 2. I forwarded the email to all our immediate family and I have received so many texts and calls telling me how awesome the pictures are. I made a lot of decisions when it came to the wedding, but choosing Matt Blasing Photography as our photographer was the best decision I made!!! Words truly cannot express our gratitude or appreciation to them. Matt and Amy, thank you for making our day completely stress free and capturing everything we could have ever wanted or dreamed of!!!

Sent on 09/16/2018

Kelsey · Married on 09/01/2018

My wife and I live in Texas and were in New Mexico for a wedding expo when we met Matt and Amy. They were so sweet, cool, personable and empathetic to us and our story. We explored their portfolio and were blown away by the quality of their work. Four months later, we got to meet our photographer, Kady, in person for our engagement shoot. We wanted candid, very natural looking photos and Kady totally delivered! Kady, Amy and Matt are excellent at keeping in touch with you and more than willing to help you with any of your wedding planning needs; Kady actually picked up and delivered our flowers. Working with them felt like working with good friends. The time difference and five hours between us didn't stop them from providing excellent service. The week prior to the wedding, Kady and Matt got final details and names of family and wedding party for group shots to assure the time between the ceremony and reception was spent efficiently. Kady was super prepared and got some AMAZING shots of our evening. The turn around time from the shoot to when you get your photos is ridiculously quick! They're great at getting sneak peeks posted on social media so you're not dying from the suspense of needing to see all of your photos. Every shot is beautiful and looks like it belongs in a magazine. Prepare to have any expectation exceeded by leaps and bounds!

Sent on 09/16/2018

Joel · Married on 08/18/2018

At the time of writing this, Matt and Amy have a five star review - there's a reason for that. Their service is top notch, and both of them are stellar photographers.

When I first decided to propose to my fiance, I knew that I wanted it photographed professionally. She had come across Matt and Amy's photography before hand, and had mentioned that she liked their work. When I planned the surprise proposal, I called Matt and Amy. From the start they were beyond helpful and responsive. Keep in mind I started to plan this during the height of wedding season, something I didn't realize at the time, so the fact that they were diligent about responding during the busiest time of year gave me a lot of confidence.

The day of the proposal, it started to rain, that morning I had a text message from Matt detailing some plans of how we would work around the rain - the hallmark of someone with experience. Once it came time to propose, there were some hiccups and I was worried we were blown. Matt and Amy rolled with the punches and everything worked out perfectly.

We just recently did our engagement photos, which Matt was kind enough to freeze himself to get some amazing shots of us.

After both photo shoots, Matt and Amy delivered pictures in a very short time afterwards. This is a stark contrast to many friends and family members that have had to wait an exorbitant amount of time to get photos back.

They aren't the cheapest photographers in town, but they are worth more than they are charging. When you're photographing a day, which will likely be a blur for you, having a quality photographer that catches every moment for you to look back upon is one of the most important things you can have in my opinion. The old adage of "you get what you pay for" is applicable, and in this case Matt and Amy are a bargain.

Just look at the attached photos!

Sent on 01/19/2018

Matt Blasing Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Joel. Having the opportunity to photograph your proposal was an honor. Thank you for trusting us to be your engagement and wedding photographers, and here's to your summer wedding being as amazing as you and Erin are!!

Sandy · Married on 08/18/2018

The photos were amazing! There were too many good ones to choose from!
    These guys are professionals. And they are pleasant, fun and cool people to have along for the ride on a wedding day.
    I would hire them again and again except I only plan to get married once!

Sent on 08/22/2018

Andrea · Married on 06/15/2018

We enjoyed working with Matt for our engagement photos! Matt and Amy helped us narrow down locations and time of day to ensure beautiful pictures. He had a fast turnaround of final photos that were amazing! We are looking forward to working with them for our upcoming wedding.

Sent on 04/28/2018

Matt Blasing Photography's reply:

Beka and Drea-it's been a joy getting to know you both (first through email and then, at your engagement session). It's hard to believe we are only a few weeks from your wedding day. We know it's going to be perfect. Thank you for trusting us with such important moments in your lives.

Andrea · Married on 06/15/2018

Matt and Amy did an amazing job! Our pictures were prefect and turned out better than we had expected. We are so pleased with having such professional photographers be at our wedding capturing our once in a lifetime event. They both were so polite and professional and helped up to feel comfortable with our poses. Also, they took pictures of everything and every one we had asked for!

Sent on 07/06/2018
  • Kelcie

Kelcie · Married on 06/08/2018

Do yourself a favor and DON'T make the mistake of NOT hiring Matt Blasing. Change your wedding date if you have to, he and his wife Amy were the best of the vendors we hired for our June wedding and we can't stop looking at our nearly 1000 photos they delivered to us only 2 1/2 weeks after our day. BOOM. A wedding day is stressful enough as it is, and having the expertise that Matt and Amy bring to the table made our day awesome and unforgettable. Seriously. Hire. Matt Blasing. And you too will have hundreds of beautiful wedding pictures to cherish forever. THANK YOU MATT&AMY!!! -Kelcie Creel & Alex Morgan

Sent on 06/29/2018

Rebecca · Married on 06/07/2018

Absolutely 150% recommend. We first saw Matt's photos in Perfect Wedding Guide New Mexico, and we kept coming back to his photos every time we would scroll through the book. His photos truly express the timelessness and joy of great love. Matt and Amy are true professionals and also just awesome people. They are immediately responsive to emails, phone calls, and texts. We weren’t planning on doing engagement photos, but it was a part of the package, and we’re glad we did them – it helped us realize what types of photos of ourselves we most liked (and didn’t like). During the wedding day, while Matt took stunning photos of us, our friends, family, and surroundings, Amy also helped to keep us sane. During the family photo time, Amy helped make sure our fun but chaotic families kept to the necessary schedule.
    Throughout the entire time we worked with Matt and Amy, they were fun, approachable, had great senses of humor, and also were completely professional.
    We weren’t expecting to get the wedding photos quickly, but we received them within 2 weeks (!). And they also offered “sneak peeks” of a few photos nearly immediately after the wedding.
    The photographs are absolutely stunning. We thought we were going to feel awkward during the photo session, but Amy and Matt helped us feel comfortable and enjoy all the photo attention.
    We love the way Matt and Amy play with light and the natural surroundings to create breathtaking photos. And these photos really represent the humor and love infused in our relationship. Matt & Amy, thank you so much for being a part of our day! We look forward to working with you again! (PS Though we’re gushing, we swear this is a real review!) :)

Sent on 07/14/2018
  • W

William · Married on 06/02/2018

In November, Matt and Sam made the long trek down to White Sands to do our engagement photos. Despite our hesitation about getting in front of a camera, Matt did a wonderful job making it a more comfortable experience. Matt had our photos to us a few days later, which was wonderful. We had never taken any professional photos as a couple before and we were eager to see how they turned out. The photos were fantastic! We quickly had many of them made into a canvas print, a glass print, a print on wood, regular prints both large and small, and we even used several of them for the wedding invitations.

Working with Matt and Amy has been an absolute pleasure and we can't wait for them to join us for the wedding. We knew the moment we received our first email from Matt and Amy that they were going to be the ones for us, especially since they immediately recognized the meaning behind our email address (it is Up themed) and shared their love for Disney. If you are looking for someone to capture a special day for you, they will go out of their way to make sure that everything is perfect. They quickly respond to any inquiry and are happy to recommend any other vendor that we have needed. They aren’t just our photographers, they are a complete support network crammed into two wonderful people. Apparently 7 stars isn’t possible but if it were, they would get it!

Sent on 01/30/2018

Matt Blasing Photography's reply:

Will and Autumn-we knew from the moment we received your inquiry that we were meant to be your photographers!! It’s been a joy getting to know you both. Thank you for letting us have a part in telling your love story.

Dominique · Married on 05/31/2018

Choosing a wedding photographer was one thing that we did not want to mess up. When we were looking into hiring Matt and Amy, their amazing photos coupled with all the raving reviews about them showed us that they were the right choice for our wedding day. Kind, funny, genuine and talented are just a few of the many words that come to mind when I think of Matt and Amy. At our initial meeting, Matt, and even his sweet daughter, greeted us warmly with hugs. Matt made us feel comfortable for our engagement photos, when we were visibly nervous. And Amy- when we met her, it felt as if we were long lost friends. We chatted about the many things we have in common (being dog parents, our love for Disney, Game of Thrones and The Princess Bride- these humans are VERY, VERY COOL!!!), which calmed my “day-of” nerves completely. Everyone tells you that your wedding day goes by so fast- and it’s true. But every moment was captured beautifully; when we saw our gallery, we were able to see all the touching details that we didn’t notice on our wedding day- not a single one was missed! Our photos are so stunning that they brought every emotion from that day back to us. We want to say thank you from the bottom of our hearts for capturing these amazing moments that we will cherish for the rest of our lives. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Sent on 06/17/2018

Katie · Married on 05/26/2018

Matt & Amy are the best choice you can make for your wedding photography in ABQ. They were our first vendors we choose and they helped us create the wedding of our dreams! Their kindness, professionalism, and responsiveness is exactly what you need as you go along the planning process. AND they deliver the most beautiful galleries before you are even home from your honeymoon! We love Matt & Amy and are so thankful that we found them!

Sent on 06/14/2018

Michelle · Married on 05/19/2018

Matt and Amy are amazing! I first heard about them when I attended a bridal event and my fiancé and I made an appointment to meet with them. They were so nice and genuine, we could tell they really cared about what they do. We booked them right away to photograph our wedding. Matt made us feel so comfortable when we did our engagement shoot at the Botanical Gardens. They helped us decide on our DJ and gave us good advice on picking our other venders. They were very responsive when we reached out with any questions or concerns and usually sent emails back within the same day.
    For our wedding this month May 19th they were both awesome! They were so efficient with getting all our pictures done with family, friends and our bridal party. Amy was even generous enough to wipe our little ring bearers nose when he had a little sneezing fit to make sure he look great for the photos. Matt helped my maid of honor tie my corset too making sure it was perfect. My husband and I met playing soccer and they were happy to incorporate this into our pictures together (what a fun silly moment!). They were able to get our gallery to us while we were still on our honeymoon and it was such a treat to look through all of the pictures and re-live our wonderfully happy day. All of the pictures are so beautiful. Thank you Matt and Amy!!

Sent on 06/01/2018

Matt Blasing Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Michelle! We absolutely loved your wedding day, and your friends and family were such a joy to be around. Thank you for placing your trust in us, and for this wonderful review.

Korey · Married on 05/12/2018

Working with Matt and Amy made our engagement photoshoot magical! They made it so easy to set up a good location, they were fast to respond to my every question and they even helped me find a hair/makeup artist to make our vision come to life. I knew from my research that only Matt would be able to capture the love exactly as I had envisioned it. He made us comfortable and we enjoyed every minute as we posed around Old Town Albuquerque, and he took the time to find ways to incorporate every detail that I was looking for. We even got our pictures digitally in just one day so we could share them with family and friends! Thanks, Matt and Amy for starting our journey off right!

Sent on 12/27/2017

Matt Blasing Photography's reply:

Korey-Your engagement session will be a hard one to top. The two of you are just so in love and adorable together. We have loved working with you both in planning your engagement session and in designing your album We wish you the happiest of wedding days!

Lauralee · Married on 04/28/2018

Matt & Amy are AMAZING! We had a little over a year to plan our wedding but we were in North Dakota 1200 miles away from home while planning it. We were able to make a couple trips home which were always weeks worth of appointments and meeting in just a few short days. They always did great when it came to communicating, even when they were on a family vacation they answered emails within hours! When it came to finding other vendors they were always so helpful, we took every recommendation that they had and our day came out perfect! I cannot believe our big day is here and got already. That day was so wonderful and the different moments that Matt & Amy captured are BEAUTIFUL! Our family and friends still can't stop talking about and the work that they did! Adrian and I can not thank you Matt and Amy enough!

Sent on 05/20/2018

Matt Blasing Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for this amazing review!! We were honored to have been trusted with your wedding day (especially when you have photographer friends and family) and loved getting to know you from afar. Please keep in touch, and maybe we can get together when you guys visit New Mexico.

Matt and Amy are absolutely wonderful! My fiancé and I felt comfortable with them immediately when we met, and soon we were all laughing and joking. This comfort was also present for our engagement photo session, and it really made it easy to be relaxed in front of the camera when neither of us are used to getting our photo taken. And the photos are gorgeous and everything that I wanted. I cannot wait to see what they get on the wedding day! I definitely recommend Matt and Amy.

Sent on 08/25/2017

Matt Blasing Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are honored to have been a part of your love story!

Ashley · Married on 10/28/2017

My fiance and I finally decided that after being engaged for almost 5 years, we wanted to tie the knot. One of the most crucial things on my list? A GREAT wedding photographer. Several years ago, my brother received all of the photos from his wedding photographer and there was not a single photo of our family. NOT. ONE. I vowed to never let that happen to me and to find someone who could help capture the memories we missed that day at my wedding.
    The universe answers, people. I met Amy (Matt's fabulous wife and right-hand woman) at a bridal show. We were sitting next to each other and I immediately loved her. She is warm and loving with a wicked sense of humor. I went over to their booth to meet Matt and was immediately drawn to their photos.
    Oh reader of this review, I am one of those people who can see a fake smile from a mile away. All of Matt and Amy's photos showed true spirit- laughter, an abundance of love, and creativity. I was blown away. Matt, being a true Hufflepuff, was genuine, kind, and gracious when answering my 100 million questions.
    Before even booking the venue, we booked Matt Blasing Photography. While I have not had my wedding yet, my fiance and I got to enjoy a free engagement session with Matt and Amy (which is a perk of being a local couple!). They wrangled our three high strung dogs like champions. They made us laugh and feel comfortable about taking pictures. The images are beautiful, one-of-a-kind, and are memories I will cherish forever.
    If you haven't already fallen in love with Matt and Amy, I implore you to set up a consultation with them. They are wonderful humans and the only people I would trust with capturing my family's most precious moments.

Matt Blasing Photography's reply:

The countdown is getting shorter to your wedding day, and Amy and I couldn't be more excited. Not only did we enjoy your engagement session, but we also loved featuring you on our wedding video, as well as doing the photos of your theater group performing Twelfth Night at Marble Brewery. You and Willis are totally fun, and we can't wait to see you again!
  • Y

Yvette · Married on 10/08/2017

Matt and Amy are simply AMAZING!! They were our top priority in booking for the wedding. We wanted someone with a natural, artistic eye to capture not only our wedding but most importantly, us becoming a family. They have been so helpful with any bumps we have experienced while planning our big day with their professional and personable advice. Plus, they're so cute. We recommend them to EVERYONE!
    #my photographers are better than yours :-P

Sent on 07/09/2017

Matt Blasing Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for this review, Yvette! The engagement photos we took with your family were so much fun (and I got to try some new stuff, which I always love). Amy and I are so excited to be with you for your wedding this fall!

Rachel · Married on 09/03/2017

Matt and Amy are the BEST!!!!!! They were so much fun to take pictures with and made everyone feel so comfortable!! I was so scared about family photos taking a while or it being hard to get everyone situated, but they did such an amazing job and it was just a fun, stress-free time. They really went out of their way to make sure we felt as beautiful and comfortable as ever no matter what it meant for them (we were married on a very hot day and they made sure that we were in the nice shade while they were in the blistering hot sun). And they kept to schedule!! My husband and I just followed where they told us to go and we got everything in with time to spare, our wedding planner even complimented us!! And I was stressed about that because we have such a huge family and wanted so many pictures, but we were right on schedule! I really can't thank them enough for capturing every moment so beautifully!!!

Matt Blasing Photography's reply:

Can you believe it's less than 30 days from your wedding day? We absolutely couldn't be happier for the two of you, and we're honored that you both trust Amy and I to be your wedding photographers. Thank you for your kind words. Reviews like this mean the world to us!

Carrie · Married on 07/28/2017

Matt and Amy Blasing are the Photographers of the Year! They take the pictures YOU want and make you look better than any picture you've ever taken! Matt toughed the snow, the dirt, and the freezing cold to take AMAZING photos of us in the foothills. If it weren't for them, we wouldn't even have Engagement Photos, so we can't thank them enough! They are kind, laid back, fun, and extremely accommodating. Do not pass up the opportunity to get photographed by THE BEST!

Sent on 01/04/2017

Matt Blasing Photography's reply:

Sweet Carrie-this review means the world to us. We are beyond happy that you loved your photos. You will always be in our hearts as our first couple who had their session at the "stone house". We are so glad to know you both, and wish you a lifetime of happiness together.

Miriam · Married on 07/07/2017

AMAZING! Matt and Amy were incredible. They were both timely, organized and made our wedding so easy to plan. From our engagement session to our wedding they made sure that our photos were unique to us and our love story and they came out perfectly. I give my highest recommendation to any bride out there who is looking for a photographer... CHOOSE THEM! Our pictures are absolutely perfect and they made our entire wedding day easy and enjoyable. They are amazing! Thank you both again for everything!

Sent on 07/30/2017

Matt Blasing Photography's reply:

Miriam & Bobby: We're so excited to have been with you on your wedding day. Thank you so much for being some of the best clients we've ever had, and we're honored to have you as part of the Matt Blasing Photography family.

Desiree · Married on 05/20/2017

Matt and Amy Blasing are an amazing dynamic duo. I hired them about a year or so before my wedding, and they were helpful up until the day of my wedding. I loved them so much, I recommended them to my at that time future sister in law for family photos. Matt has an eye for the perfect shot, and he stops at nothing to get the perfect shot. I told Matt what I wanted on my wedding day, and Matt delivered. Once I received my pictures from my wedding I was in awe. When I look at my pictures I'm taken back to my wedding and I'm so happy. All of my pictures tell a story, Matt and Amy definitely captured the love of my day. Matt is easy to get in touch with, and anytime I called or emailed him he was prompt in getting back to me. This is truly great customer service, and I look forward to using them for other special occasions we have in the future.

Sent on 06/12/2017

Matt Blasing Photography's reply:

We hope you and Mark are enjoying your first few months as a married couple. We have loved getting to know you both over the past few years and are now honored to call you both friends. Thanks for choosing us to photograph your engagement and wedding! Desiree-you will forever be the first bride who booked us before she was even engaged, and we love you for that!

Sarah · Married on 02/11/2017

Don't even think twice...if you want the best photographer for your wedding, you must hire Matt and his wife, Amy! They photographed our February wedding and I could not be more thrilled with the images they captured of our ceremony, and our reception. And there is something to LOVE in every single photo they took! Matt took some engagement photos of us a few days before our wedding, and I was amazed with the beautiful pictures he took...it never even crossed my mind that our wedding pictures wouldn't be just as gorgeous! I hope somebody in my family needs to hire a photographer in the near future, it will have to be Matt and Amy because whatever they photograph is a work of art!!!

Matt Blasing Photography's reply:

Two more days, Sarah. Amy and I are stoked about your Hotel Albuquerque wedding. We can't wait to see you there!!!