Matt Blasing Photography Reviews

57 | Albuquerque, NM

57 Reviews for Matt Blasing Photography

Abby Menefee · Getting married on 09/19/2020

Amazing Engagement Photos!!

My fiancé and I had our engagement pictures done by Matt and he was absolutely amazing! I cannot thank him enough for capturing our love for each other, our dogs, and the mountains. The pictures turned out better than I ever expected and he was so easy to work with! He took time to get to know us and make us feel comfortable in front of the camera. Both Matt and Amy are very responsive and easy to get in contact with both by email and text. We had our fully edited pictures back within 24 hours! During our session Matt knew exactly what would look good, he was efficient, and very friendly. If our wedding wasn’t out of state we would absolutely have them photograph that as well. I would recommend Matt Blasing Photography for anyone and everyone and I hope to work with them again in the future!

Sent on 04/26/2019
  • Destinee

Destinee · Getting married on 08/22/2020

Better than we could have expected!

Our experience from the beginning has been awesome! Amy and Matt are some of the most genuine people to work with and meet! Our engagement shoot was a lot of fun and so easy to do with Matt and our photos came out beautiful! We can’t wait to see how they capture our Big Day!!

Sent on 12/05/2019

Nikki Warner · Married on 04/04/2020

We LOVE these photographers!

When John and I first met Matt and Amy at a bridal show in June, we instantly fell in love with them. I knew right away that I wanted them to be our photographers, even though we weren't getting married for another year and half. Not only is their work stellar, but they have wonderful personalities that instantly clicked with me and John. They're funny, sweet, and make taking pictures really enjoyable! I never thought of myself as a photogenic person, and was incredibly nervous to get our engagement pictures done, but Matt made us look AMAZING! I could not have dreamed of better engagement photos and we are struggling to pick just one for our save-the-dates! Additionally, the service is astounding; the turnaround time was so fast! Thank you to Matt and Amy for being great communicators, great people, and making this process easy and enjoyable! We can't wait for our wedding next spring!

Sent on 04/17/2019

Kristen C · Married on 03/07/2020

Amazing Engagment Photos!

When we first got engaged, my fiancé and I immediately knew we wanted to find the best photographers to capture our special day. After looking at various photographers/reviews we contacted Matt and Amy. Instantly, they were down to earth and willing to help in any way they could - eager to work with us. Fast forward a couple months and we had our engagement session. Matt was awesome and made us feel comfortable, ultimately capturing amazing pictures of us! We cannot wait to have them photograph our wedding day!! Not to mention, they provided us our gallery very quickly after our engagement shoot!

Sent on 05/28/2019
  • Kristen

Kristen Griego · Married on 03/07/2020

MBP is AMAZING! Loved how they captured our big day!

Matt and Amy are AMAZING! Throughout the day, they helped ensure everything was moving forward! They did much more than photograph our wedding! Matt and Amy made everything easy and seamless throughout family photos, etc. and made everyone feel comfortable. Our photos turned out so beautiful and the turn around time for our gallery was soooooo fast! We opted to have them do our photo booth - Our guests loved it and the photos are priceless! We are so happy we chose them to photograph our wedding and will forever cherish our photos. Could not recommend them enough!

Sent on 05/26/2020
  • Bryan

Bryan A · Married on 11/15/2019

Jamaican Wedding

Matt and Amy did a fantastic job at our large destination wedding. We hired them based on our cinematographers recommendation and we could not be happier with the result. Matt's photography skills, coupled with Amy's organizational skills made for an amazing experience. Matt and Amy were able to produce amazing photo's while overcoming high temperatures and small time frames. We could not be happier with the final product. Amazing Photo's and amazing experience.

Sent on 12/24/2019

Amelia · Married on 11/09/2019

Best Photographer EVER!!!

I cannot stress how amazing Matt and Amy are, they made the entire experience, from our engagement shoot to all the photos from our wedding fun, memorable and beautiful! Not only are they extremely talented, they are also two of the kindest and most genuine people you will ever meet, and they both have a great sense of humor. They went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable and having fun and to get the perfect shots, from Matt climbing a mountain in the snow, to both of them running around and helping us get ready on our wedding day, you will not find better photographers or people anywhere else! My husband and I are truly grateful that we found them, and for everything they did for us! Thanks to them we have beautiful photos that we will cherish forever.

Sent on 12/04/2019

Maria N · Married on 10/15/2019

Amazing Photographers with an eye for Details

Our wedding photos were more than we could have imagined and choosing Matt & Amy to capture our Day was simply the best decision!
    We had a short Wedding Ceremony in the Botanical Gardens followed by an afternoon photo session by the Bosque. Matt was great at putting us at ease throughout the shoots and doing whatever he could to get the magical shot. More than once, we found him hunkered behind a tree, lifting his arms high above his head, or stretched out on the ground to get the perfect photo. And our pictures are worth 1,000 words! He took photos from nearly every angle, yet didn't interrupt the flow of the day.

Matt was very knowledgeable about lighting--using several lenses to create depth--and body positioning that photographed well and looked natural. Matt focused on details like the sunlight flittering on our rings and the textures on our clothes, which came out beautifully when zoomed in. Plus, I have quite the knack for blinking a lot in pictures; yet, Matt captured our day with my eyes open and sparkling!

It was such a smooth process getting together for our initial consultation and sharing our vision for our Wedding Day. Amy helped manage several logistics in a professional and timely manner, and offered suggestions about the best time of day for photos when some of our plans changed last minute. Matt and Amy are not only an incredibly talented photography duo; they're really great people, as well, whose energy and passion for photography shines through their work. We will definitely seek them out for our next life milestone!

Thank you so much!

Sent on 11/04/2019
  • Meriah

Meriah · Married on 09/28/2019

Couldn't ask for better!

This was the easiest decision we have made so far with wedding planning! As soon as I got in contact with Matt and Amy I knew I didn't have to look anywhere else. They were quick to respond to all my emails and answer any questions I had. We had our engagement shoot with Matt and he was so great and easy to work with. We received our pictures much quicker then expected and they came out even better then I could have imagined! Not only does their work show for itself but they have been extra helpful offering up help and vendor recommendations along the way, which helps so much when you've never planned a wedding before. I never realized I could be so excited about our photographer but they made it happen and I have no doubts that our wedding day will be just as wonderful with them!

Sent on 10/22/2018
  • Jacqui

Jacqui · Married on 09/21/2019

Best decision ever!

When picking our wedding photographers Matt and Amy Blasing were a no brainer for us. We love the work that they do and even better, we get along with them so well. This is a true power duo in the photography world. We love our engagement photos and we cannot wait to see the wedding photos you take in September. We wouldn't want anyone else to capture our special day!!! :)

Sent on 02/09/2019

Jordan & Jacqui Wright · Married on 09/21/2019

The. Best. Ever.

Wow! Where to begin... Matt and Amy are so much more than the best wedding photographers in Albuquerque. If you book them, you will be getting a lot more than just amazing pictures. From beginning to end, they walked us through every detail, big or small. They have so much experience and knowledge in what they do, it makes the whole process seamless and stress free. Matt and Amy are so easy to connect with, it feels like we have known them for a long time. After reading this, we hope you choose them for your special day because you won’t regret it. Thank you again Matt and Amy for capturing our special day so beautifully and effortlessly.

Sent on 12/29/2019

Monica Romero · Married on 08/31/2019

AMAZING PHOTOS!! You won’t be disappointed

First of all, we want to thank Matt and Amy for all their great work, effort, and patience in making our wedding photos so memorable! They were so nice and they made us feel comfortable, as if we were family. Somehow they made non-photogenic people, photogenic!!! We are so happy and in love with all the photos they have captured of us; both our engagement photos and wedding photos. We get compliments all the time. They are a great team and they really know what they’re doing. We would definitely recommend them!! Choose Matt Blasing Photography!!

Sent on 12/02/2019

Sara Balthaser · Married on 08/03/2019

Couldn’t be happier!

Matt was the photographer for my cousin’s wedding in December and I was so impressed with him and his wife, Amy, and their work. When my fiancé and I started looking for photographers for our own wedding, I immediately thought of Matt! We just took our engagement photos and we couldn’t be happier with how they turned out. The session itself was fun despite the cold, windy weather, and the photos look better than I imagined. We also got our album from the engagement session after just three days! We can’t wait for our wedding and are so thankful that we will have gorgeous pictures to help us remember our day!

Sent on 02/27/2019

Robert · Married on 06/22/2019

Absolutely Amazing!!

When we booked Matt and Amy over a year before our wedding, we hadn’t even booked our venue or had a wedding date. They immediately made us feel comfortable in accomplishing it all. They were extremely personal, sharing experiences and what they wanted when they got married. We felt extremely comfortable and confident during our very first meeting. Not only did they get to know us, we got to know them as well. We knew we had to book with them after that first meeting. Let me tell you, I am glad we did. They seemed as if they were always available for any little questions. We could ask them anything from venues to bakeries. They are an absolute wealth of knowledge. We had some things change about our weddings and they worked with us with no issues, even while they were on vacation (twice). Whenever they would see us at wedding events, they would immediately come up to us and say “hi”. They had a genuine interest in knowing us. They knew us by name and many other details from memory. We felt more like friends with them instead of just clients. We had all our wedding photos within a month of our wedding (over 1200 photos). Along with that, we woke up after our wedding day to a few sneak-peek photos on his Facebook page which was incredible after shooting all day. They have truly been the backbone of our wedding by coordinating with all our other vendors to make sure our day was perfect. I cannot think of any other photographers that would go this far for anyone. They have truly made our wedding day and planning process memorable. I know if anyone or ourselves ever need a photographer again we would pick them without hesitation. Thank you again, Matt and Amy, for making our wedding day the amazing and beautiful success that it was. We are just sad we are done with our process and wish you two all the blessings in the future!

Sent on 08/01/2019

Patrick Barnett · Married on 03/02/2019

Best wedding photographers in Albuquerque, hands down.

Hiring Matt and Amy is probably the best decision we made for our wedding. They are very professional and a lot of fun to work with. During both our engagement shoot and wedding day pictures they made us feel really comfortable, which is impressive because we are both normally very uncomfortable taking pictures or being the center of attention. They helped everything move along smoothly and were there to help us during the whole wedding process. We got our pictures after the wedding very quickly, and the website our albums were hosted on was very easy to use. We love the style of Matt and Amy's photography and they adapted quickly to anything that was thrown at them. Every other vendor that we hired could only say the best things of Matt and Amy when they found out we had hired them, and now we know why. In summary, they are awesome and you will not regret hiring them.

Sent on 03/24/2019

Sarah · Married on 01/19/2019

Incredible people

We are so, so overdue on reviewing Matt and Amy Blasing, as our wedding was a few months ago. But, without a hint of exaggeration, they were absolutely exceptional. From the get-go, they were open, friendly, prompt, and willing to work with us. We weren't sure what we wanted until we talked with them, and then suddenly after that, the decision was easy. We were coming from out of town on multiple occasions, and they flexed to give us their personal time more than once. Come day of, they took not only the most gorgeous photos of our ceremony and families, but they were there for us in every way, whether it was Amy offering to carry our things, bringing water, or just plain reassuring us when we were about to come unglued--it was invaluable having them on our side. We couldn't be more happy with our experience, and we're so grateful to both of you for what you did for us. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

Sent on 05/08/2019

Tranquilino Hurtado · Married on 12/29/2018

The Amazing Blasing Team!

Picking a wedding photographer is a huge decision. Just like the first date, there is a lot of pressure for everything to be perfect. Lucky for you, the Blasing’s are perfect! Here’s why……
    My wife Jessica met Matt and Amy at a wedding expo. She was immediately drawn in by the high quality work and friendly smiles of the dynamic duo. It was easy to see that Matt is no “shutter bug”, he is a behind the lens professional who truly takes pride knowing this work is his bread and shutter.
    Amy is the backbone of the entire operation. She knows exactly how to position couples so Matt can capture that sweet light. We enjoyed our engagement session, it felt like a couple old friends were asking us to stop and pose.
    When it came time for the wedding, they truly delivered and went above and beyond. The Blasing’s worked with us to ensure our timeline was realistic and efficient. Without their guidance, we would have missed so many beautiful memories. After the wedding they were quick to deliver a sneak peek for our eager eyes. The final product was incredible!
    I recommend this vendor without any hesitation. On you big day, you might have one or two hiccups but the photographers will not be one of them, I promise. A wise investment you will never regret.
    Kino & Jessica Hurtado est. 12/29/18 Santa Fe, New Mexico

Sent on 01/30/2019

Sydney · Married on 12/15/2018

Where do I even begin with the absolutely amazing experience that I have had with Matt Blasing Photography. I heard of Matt Blasing through a close friend who hired Matt and Amy for her wedding! I immediately fell in love with all of her wedding photographs and began doing more research and looking into Matt's website, Facebook, and Instagram page. To this day I have not seen a photograph taken by Matt that I do not love! At my first wedding expo my fiance and I went straight to their booth to see if they were available on our wedding day! We were so excited to connect with them and they were the first vendor that we booked for our wedding and I am more and more grateful after every interaction we have with Matt and Amy that they were available. They make the sometimes difficult and stressful wedding planning so much easier because it is clear that they are so very passionate about what they do and they stay so professional and organized. I have never waited more than a few hours for an email response which is incredibly relieving that with how busy they are they still take the time to make every bride and groom feel like a priority! We had our engagement pictures taken a few weeks ago and Matt was so accommodating! He agreed to photograph us in two locations so that we could include our dog in our pictures! The morning went so smoothly and again, it has just made us more grateful that we will have him to photograph our wedding and bring the same calm, cool, and collected presence that he did the day of our engagement pictures! Oh, and not to mention the fact that we received our edited engagement pictures back so very quickly! Matt and Amy take the time to make every bride and groom feel special and comfortable in every aspect. They have been incredible, I cant say enough how thankful I am that when I look back at my wedding day I know that I will have the most unique and highest quality pictures to capture every important aspect of our big day!

Sent on 11/14/2017

Matt Blasing Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for this sweet review!! We have loved getting to know you both (and your family!) and can't wait for your wedding day.

Sydney Williams · Married on 12/15/2018

Amazing Photographs and People :)

We were so lucky to have found Matt Blasing Photography . Him and his wife were so very helpful throughout every aspect of planning our wedding. To be honest they were completely in-disposable on our big day, and the day would have gone a lot less smoothly without their help and organization. We would have changed the date of our wedding to ensure they were our photographers; because at the end of the day, our pictures were better than I ever could have hoped for, and we gained not only life long photographers, but friends. We were so pleased with not only sheer number of edited pictures that we received, that captured even the most minute details of our day, but the fact that we received all of our edited pictures while we were on our honeymoon, just before the holidays, just over a week after our wedding! It is such a special blessing to be able to re-live our day every time we see our pictures :) They were the first vendor that we booked, and they should be yours too!

Sent on 01/08/2019
  • Kateri

Kateri · Married on 11/18/2018

Attention Muggles!!

It has been 11 days since we became Mr. and Mrs. and we couldn’t have survived the day without Matt and Amy. Let me just say that Matt is the Dumbledore of photography! With Amy’s help, they both have mastered the art of stopping time in a single photo.

Take it back 10 months ago when we saw Matt’s photos in Perfect Wedding Guide where we were left mesmerized. His photography style is what attracted us the most because in that moment, we knew Matt Blasing Photography was our champion. From the first day we reached out to Matt and Amy, they were quick to respond and super helpful during our phone consultation. Before the consultation was through, we knew we had the right people to capture our memories so we booked them on the spot.

Fast forward to our engagement session in October, we initially had Katie as our photographer however she was not able to do it so Amy called us a month before our session and told us Matt would be taking our pictures. It was such a great surprise!! My husband and I were very grateful to have Matt as our photographer. He has such a friendly demeanor that makes taking pictures so fun. During our engagement shoot, we planned to go to Corrales however due to my tardiness Matt suggested an alternate location which was super close to the location we were in at the time. Let me just say, despite this being an alternate location – we loved every single one of our engagement photos! The colors were just amazing and we couldn’t have had it any better.

Come wedding day, Matt and Amy arrived and took charge (which is a bonus). Not only are they a dream photography team but they also provided so much more to the mix. Amy put the veil in my hair because we didn’t know how to do it, and throughout the whole day they kept track of timing of events which was definitely something we needed considering we didn’t have a wedding planner. We received our wedding day photos during our honeymoon so it made our time together even more perfect. We love our pictures soooooo much!!!

What more can I say about Matt Blasing Photography…Matt and Amy are simply the best. Once you meet them, they’ll treat you like family through and through.

Sent on 11/29/2018

Jessica · Married on 11/10/2018

Matt and Amy are just the best! After my fiancé and I met with them for a consultation, we instantly knew that we would choose them to be our photographers. We entertained the idea of meeting with other local photographers, but none of them compared. Neither of us have taken professional pictures in years, so we were nervous for the engagement session. Matt made us extremely comfortable and calmed our nerves. We can’t wait to see our wedding photos!

Sent on 05/04/2018

Matt Blasing Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Jessica! We are honored to have been trusted with your engagement and wedding photography, and can't wait for your wedding day!

Anne · Married on 10/27/2018

We knew we wanted to work with Matt and Amy right when we met them. Not only were they welcoming and friendly, but they were completely excited about our story (not just our Big Day). They listened to our ideas and gave us others to springboard off of. We were nervous before our engagement session (we'd never worked with pro photographers before), but Matt was so cool and calm (and super excited about our Walking Dead theme!). They have kept up regular touch points (before our engagement session, afterwards, and continuing) and we are so looking forward to working with them on the Day!! If you're looking for photographers who will provide a service better than you even thought could be expected, go with Matt Blasing Photography!

Sent on 05/04/2018

Matt Blasing Photography's reply:

Oh sweet Anne! There aren't enough words to tell you how happy we are that the universe led you and Caroline to our little studio last year. Getting to know you both has been a joy, your "Walking Dead" engagement session will be impossible to top, and we can't wait for your wedding in the fall.
  • Anne

Anne · Married on 10/27/2018

Matt & Amy Blasing are AMAZING!!

I cannot say enough good things about Matt Blasing Photography! The level of care, consideration, and professionalism we received are beyond compare.

We met Matt and his wife, Amy, at an open house they put on. We wound up chatting with Matt & Amy for over an HOUR regarding our barely-conceptualized thoughts for our wedding, but also about our common loves of Disney, Harry Potter, and The Walking Dead! We felt instantly comfortable with them and knew we needed to work with them on our day.

We had the BEST engagement shoot and felt even more comfortable - Matt's photography style and easy-to-follow directions kept us giggling throughout the session and from being nervous about smooching in front of a camera.

Leading up to our wedding, Matt & Amy were very communicative and agreed to meet up to chat about our day (even though they were hectically busy!).

And on the day! They showed up promptly, provided much-needed support and direction, made both my (now) wife and myself feel like we were stars, and followed up on every suggestion we had. And the laughter!! I had worried I might look too preoccupied in most of the photos (worrying about what comes next) when I had zero need to worry. Matt & Amy kept us laughing and smiling the whole time (even while handling my difficult & opinionated relatives).

Working with Matt & Amy felt effortless and the results are GORGEOUS! They took so many pictures of our day that I don't even have a top 10 favorites - it's more like a top 30 (or almost all of them)! And we have the pleasure of knowing that whenever we need beautiful pictures or a friendly face, all we need do is reach out and they'll be there for us.

Worth EVERY SINGLE PENNY!

Sent on 03/01/2019

Brenna Berryhill · Married on 09/22/2018

Above and Beyond!

When my husband and I first saw Matt’s work displayed at our venue we just knew we had to hire him as our photographer. I was in awe of the moments they captured and couldn’t wait to have my own photos to cherish. Not only did Matt deliver, he far exceeded every expectation we had as a client.
    Matt and his wife, Amy, are quite literally Wedding Angels. If you find yourself considering them as your wedding photographers you should make the call and book them now!
    Amy was a saving grace when it came down to helping me straighten out loose ends on the day-of. Matt and Amy went above and beyond to help make the day run as smoothly as possible—and they succeeded beautifully.
    Not only did they offer helping hands, but they captured our day from start to finish without missing a beat. They are punctual, professional, and are seamless coordinators.
    I know that I was worried with our wedding time-line and how to orchestrate all the moving parts and pieces on our big day but, Matt and Amy stepped-in here too! We went over how the day would run down to every last detail and they helped not only the Bridal Party, but some other Vendors, stick to the plan, too.
    I especially enjoyed seeing a “sneak peek” of our wedding photos the day after and having our gallery delivered digitally while on our Honeymoon was awesome! (I got to cry all over again!)
    In all, our Wedding Day was perfection in our eyes and I know I owe a huge thank you and so much credit to The Blasings!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Chris · Married on 09/17/2018

From our first email contact, to our last shoot hiking through the brush on the Bosque, Matt and Amy were the consummate professionals we hoped they'd be. They were punctual, kind, supportive, flexible and honest. Alone, these traits would warrant a rave review, but that's just icing on the cake that is their amazing photographic skills! We couldn't possibly be happier with their creativity and willingness to be playful while maintaining a level of class that is largely unrivaled in the industry. Our photos speak for themselves. Thank you both!

Sent on 10/05/2018