Matlyn May Photography Reviews

View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner

• Jana
    Jana E. Getting married on 04/11/2022

Skilled, confident, creative, and friendly!

Matlyn absolutely surpassed our expectations for a wedding photographer, we are recommending her to all our friends and family! My husband now says there is no other photographer that exists to us other than Matlyn! I was so nervous about committing to a photographer for our wedding, but after our engagement shoot, all my fears were long gone as I was absolutely blown away at her skill and professionalism! Also having a photographer that genuinely cares and makes an effort to get to know you made working with her all the more worthwhile! She exudes confidence, positivity, and a fun attitude while not missing a beat. She helped us with poses and feeling comfortable in front of the camera, and it shows in our photos! Between our engagement and wedding photos, she didn't miss one special moment! She is highly organized and stays in communication well with you throughout the process. I would choose her a million times over to capture our once in a lifetime day! Our entire bridal party, guests, and family loved the photos and asked about who did them! We are so looking forward to continue working with her for any photography needs in the future! Thank you Matlyn!
  • Rachel
    Rachel H. Married on 04/24/2021

Matlyn is the absolute best!

Matlyn is the absolute best! I was nervous about picking a wedding photographer for our out of town wedding, but I am so glad I found her! She is so organized, quick to respond and answer any questions, and was a lot of fun to work with. She made us feel like we were best friends throughout the whole process and was willing to answer all of my wedding questions that came up as we were planning. She was good at making us feel comfortable in front of the camera and helping with poses as well and our engagement and wedding photos turned out amazing! She was also able to add video to our package after we had booked her and put together such a lovely highlight video for us to remember the wedding day as well as the raw footage of the ceremony and important events. Her turn around time was also very fast and she even sent us some sneak peaks of a few wedding photos the morning after the wedding which was super fun to see. We have gotten so many compliments on how beautiful the pictures and video turned and how great Matlyn was during the wedding day. I can’t say enough good things about her, but I would highly recommend choosing her as your photographer and I hope I get an opportunity to work with her again in the future!
  • Yanin
    Yanin C. Married on 10/03/2020

The best!

Matlyn is amazing! We have had her for a couple of occasions now and she is always so much fun to work with and her work is INCREDIBLE! She is so sweet and very open to helping you if you have any questions/concerns. During such a crazy time (Covid bride) she was very calm and willing to work with us! I would 100% recommend to anyone looking for a sweet and professional and EXTREMELY talented photographer!!

Matlyn May Photography's reply:

Awww thanks Yanin! I know Covid threw a wrench in your wedding plans, but I think it was BEAUTIFUL! You looked stunning and Alexis looked sharp! Thank you for letting me photograph the best day of your life.
  • Erica
    Erica S. Married on 09/12/2020

She's amazing!

Matlyn is wonderful! She is friendly, kind, and extremely professional. We used her for our engagement shoot, wedding, and a boudoir shoot! I love all the photos that she took for us! She really knows how to utilize lighting and capture those special moments. I definitely plan to use her in the future for family photos!

Matlyn May Photography's reply:

Aww thanks Erica! I absolutely loved being able to capture the love you and Brandon have. Can't wait for the next shoot!
    Angela B. Married on 08/29/2020

Amazing, fun and very professional

Working with Matlyn was an amazing experience. She really took the time to get to know my fiancé and I as a couple. Matlyn really captured our love for one another, as well as the love for our family and friends.

Matlyn May Photography's reply:

Angela, the love at your wedding was so strong, it was easy to capture it behind the camera!! Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your day.
  • Christopher
    Christopher C. Married on 08/29/2020

Fun and professional

Matlyn was awesome. Really made our hectic, year, full of unknowns and such, in the age of covid, like we could depend on her truly. Professional, but also playful and fun. Really enjoyed her overall.

Matlyn May Photography's reply:

Wow, thanks Christopher! You and Angela were so much fun! COVID didn't have a chance to ruin your day.
  • Samantha
    Samantha J. Married on 05/24/2020

Matlyn is the BEST!!!!

Honestly, Matlyn is AMAZING. We unfortunately had to postpone our big wedding celebration due to Covid, but we still wanted to get married on our original date. Matlyn really worked with us and was so flexible! Not to mention she drive a long way for our small ceremony and helped us out financially. Matlyn is the most comfortable person to take pictures with, and she really captures the true joy of the day. I am extremely thankful for all Matlyn did for us! You won’t find a more kind hearted and talented photographer!

Matlyn May Photography's reply:

Oh my goodness, thank you for your kind words Sam! You and Seth are amazing! I was overjoyed to capture the love between you both on your wedding day. Your downsized ceremony was beautiful!
    Samantha G. Married on 03/25/2020

Wonderful in every way possible!

Matlyn was perfect! My husband and I eloped due to Covid-19. We had so much stress and anxiety trying to find a photographer and when we spoke to Matlyn it was just meant to be! She not only does a phenomenal job, but she is easy to be around. She is warm, friendly, funny, and never makes you feel weird while taking photos. I loved all of my wedding day photos and am eternally grateful for this woman! You’d be doing yourself a favor by hiring her!

Matlyn May Photography's reply:

Awwww thank you Sam!! I’m so glad I got to be there for you guys during this stressful time! Your day was absolutely beautiful and I’m thankful I got to be a part of it! :)
  • Larrissa
    Larrissa C. Married on 03/01/2020

Amazing photographer!

Matlyn is extremely flexible, communicates well and has great energy while capturing amazing shots! She was our photographer for our engagement photos and wedding, and we will definitely be using her again whenever we need photos!

Matlyn May Photography's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Larrissa! I was honored to be a part of your special day. Yours and Donovan's love was easy to capture.
    Charlie G. Married on 02/08/2020

Exceptional photographer!!

Matlyn is a wonderful and talented photographer! She captured our wedding day so beautifully. Matlyn helps everyone feel comfortable and genuine in front of the camera. She’s great at directing people to get the big family shots, but also just hangs out all day and snaps awesome candids. From getting ready, to the ceremony, to the dance floor - our photos from Matlyn truly capture the joy and love of our big day. We recommend Matlyn May Photography every chance we get!

Matlyn May Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Charlie!! I loved hanging out with you and Dan! You two are so much fun! Love you both!
    Beula J. Married on 07/19/2019

100% recommend!

Matlyn May Photography is my go to for any photography needs! I loved my engagement photos and I am obsessed with my wedding ones! You are guaranteed stunning photos that capture your life story and everyday life + a photographer that boosts up your confidence and makes you feel like the most beautiful person the camera has ever seen! And can't forget about the amazingly affordable prices!

Matlyn May Photography's reply:

WOW, thanks for your kind words Beula! I loved so much about your wedding: amazing wedding party, photos on the beach, and capturing the love you and Zack share. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your best day ever!
  • Hannah
    Hannah B. Married on 05/18/2019

Perfectly Personable Photographer for our wedding!

Matlyn was so wonderful to work with on our big day! She was flexible (like flew out to our wedding type of flexible) and she was very organized. With patience and grace while still making it feel like a party, she herded our bridal party (20 of us total!!!!) like it was nothing! She made pictures flow and there were not many moments that felt like our party was standing around waiting for a long time. She is so amazing to work with and I would recommend her a thousand times to anyone looking for a wedding photographer! We love you Matlyn and can’t wait to watch you flourish in this passion of yours!

Matlyn May Photography's reply:

Washington was a dream!! Thank you for your kind words. You two rocked that day even with Erik's ripped pants on the dance floor and your ripped wedding dress strap :) Such a great day to remember! Love you guys!
    Sierra D. Married on 10/14/2018

Great to work with, amazing photos

We are so glad had Matlyn May Photography do our wedding! Matlyn is the perfect person to be there for all the big moments. She captured the important events without having to interrupt and “pose for the perfect photo”. She worked with us to see what photos were important for us to have, and we were shocked when she got EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM! I highly recommend Matlyn May Photography.

Matlyn May Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Sierra for your kind words! Your wedding was a blast at Shaver Lake, especially the Shaver Lake pizza!!😍