Matchmaker Band Reviews

Matchmaker Band 3
Matchmaker Band 4

Maxine · Married on 04/06/2019

wedding band music

Matchmaker played for 4 hrs at my daughter's wedding. We hired a 10 piece band, with 4 singers and horn section. They are a top notch band with so much energy, and the dance floor was lit up the entire evening. Their playlist is extensive and the musicians are amazingly talented. We did not want the music to end, they were so much fun! The dance floor was full the entire 4 hours and our guests just loved the band! They are pricier than alot of bands in Austin we looked at, but so worth the money spent. Matchmaker will not disappoint you or your guests! Their talent is superb and they are very responsive and easy to work with. I highly recommend Matchmaker for your next event, you will not regret!

Sent on 04/20/2019
  • Kate

Kate · Married on 02/02/2019

The BEST Wedding Band in Austin!!

When we were narrowing down wedding bands we shared our list with our wedding planner, who said if Matchmaker Band is available for your date/in your budget, hands down you should go with them. We took her advice and could not be happier with how absolutely wonderful our experience with Matchmaker was ... From playing all of our parent dance songs live to emceeing our dinner speeches to keeping the dance floor jam packed with all of our guests for the entire reception, we can't say enough about what an awesome job they did. My husband and I were dancing so hard that with about an hour left in the reception we realized we'd never even left the dance floor to go try one of our signature cocktails! You won't be disappointed if you book Matchmaker Band for your wedding - even among our otherwise amazing vendor team, they really stood out with their fun energy, amazing musical talent and accommodation of all of our special requests throughout the planning process. Thanks y'all!

Sent on 04/14/2019
    Matchmaker Band 5
    Matchmaker Band 6
    Matchmaker Band 7
    Matchmaker Band 8

Mary Elizabeth Fleming · Married on 11/10/2018

The BEST wedding band!

A huge thanks to Matchmaker Band for making our wedding so fun! They were a pleasure to work with and made sure to play all of the songs we had requested. They are an absolute blast--incredibly kind and fun!

Sent on 02/11/2019
  • Z

Zach S · Married on 11/10/2018

Flawless Experience

Amazing experience! From pre wedding all the way throughout the communication was perfect and the performance during the wedding was the best wedding and performance I have ever witnessed. 10/10 would recommend!

Sent on 02/11/2019

Brittany · Married on 09/08/2018

Still trying to live off the wedding high! and my feet hurt from dancing too much!

I absolutely LOVED that we went with matchmaker for our wedding!! In the end, it wasn't just me who was obsessed with them, every since guest was amazed on how great every single member of the band was!!! I loved the singers popped off the stage and sang in the crowd! They set the energy for the night and because of that our guests said, "if you didn't have fun at that wedding, you don't know how to have fun!" and "your band played songs that everyone wanted to hear, not just catering to one generation."

They also let me 'karaoke' with them! that was so fun and something else that the guests loved :)

Thank you again for everything! check them out at the Highball! We were so happy with how everything turned out! We've been telling our other friends to book them as they are truly the best wedding band in Austin!

Thank you SO MUCH! THE BEST IN AUSTIN!!

Sent on 10/04/2018

Grant · Married on 03/24/2018

Simply put, a band can make or break a wedding reception. When we set out to book our band, we had very high standards and looked all over Dallas/FTW, Houston and Austin. Matchmaker Band BROUGHT THE HOUSE DOWN! This group of musicians is so unbelievably talented, and they mesh so well. Their harmony, dancing, all of it was just fantastic. From the first email to our last dance, they were so easy to work with and answered all of our questions very quickly. There were so many of our guests commenting that it was the best band they had ever seen at a wedding. When it comes to wedding bands, you get what you pay for, and with Matchmaker Band you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 07/06/2018

Bob · Married on 02/18/2018

In my wildest dreams I never thought my daughter's wedding would be as lively and as much fun as it was with the Matchmaker Band. From a very warm cocktail party set to an elegant dinner set to the most lively and spirited dancing I've ever seen, the music for my daughter's wedding was perfect. Somehow the band seemed to know how to make the crowd respond and everybody there, even those who walk with canes, were up shouting and dancing. The rave reviews from our relatives and friends were overwhelming. We had expected that the bride and groom's wedding song would have to be played by the DJ but to our amazement, the band learned the entire song and played it flawlessly. The demo clips we saw, while good enough to make us hire the band, are nowhere near a fair portrayal of how they perform live. This is truly a sophisticated and accomplished group and I am so happy we spent the little extra to get them. In every sense of the word, they truly made magic!

Sent on 02/22/2018

Laurie · Married on 12/09/2017

We have attended some huge weddings with bands from all over and Matchmaker Band is right up there with all the others and clearly one of the very best! EVERYONE had a blast asking who the band was. SO MUCH FUN, great musicians and very professional and nice to work with! They did it all!

Sent on 02/12/2018

Kenneth · Married on 11/12/2017

The Matchmaker Band is the best band that I have ever heard at a wedding reception. Our guests were really impressed with the band with many saying "the best ever!" All of the singers were terrific, and they had a perfect playlist. I have never seen as high a percent of guests on the dance floor all night long! We had researched several bands in the Austin area, and the Matchmaker Band certainly hit a home run. I highly recommend this band and would be happy to talk to anyone considering them.

Sent on 12/20/2017

Adva · Married on 08/18/2017

Guys. Guys. Matchmaker Band is the most amazing band you could possibly hire. They absolutely slayed at our wedding, and we had guests all night coming up to us and telling us how much they loved our band. Not only was the music amazing, they just had a great feel for what people wanted to hear and when people wanted to slow dance vs get their groove on! We had people actually applauding during some of the slow dances.

And not only that, Matchmaker Band learned two songs for us, our first dance song and another song we just really wanted played at our wedding. They absolutely nailed both of them! We were floored!

So many of our guests stayed at the wedding until the end, and our dance floor was always jam-packed. These guys know how to make a party. Communication with them was always easy--their pianist did our ceremony music beforehand, and he was funny and easy to get a hold of--and they were so kind and sweet during the actual wedding, too.

I can't recommend the Matchmaker Band highly enough. We saw them at another wedding in 2015 and knew THEN that they would be the band for us. After seeing MANY bands since then, nobody could supplant the Matchmaker Band. They were our first choice and absolutely the best!

Sent on 08/23/2017

Therese · Married on 03/04/2017

Do you like to dance?
    Do you like to have fun?
    Do you like to party and sing with all of your friends and family?
    Do you want to be told you had the most fun wedding ever nonstop for weeks on end after your wedding is over?

Then choose matchmaker. Handsdown they were our favorite vendor of the evening. The entire matchmaker team brings something unique to the table and together they are a KICK BUTT TEAM!

Thank you guys so much for making our wedding day the best ever!

Sent on 03/17/2017

Hannah · Married on 02/11/2017

I cannot begin to express how amazing the Matchmaker Band is. I had them for my wedding reception and could not have been more pleased. My sister in law had them for her wedding and my dad required that they play at my wedding. They know how to work a crowd and every single one of our guests was on the dance floor all night- which was just what I wanted! They were incredibly easy to work with as well. I would do anything to re-live that night. I can only hope to attend another wedding in the future with Matchmaker Band!

Sent on 03/04/2017

CiCi · Married on 12/30/2016

This band is absolutely fantastic!! We had them for my daughter's wedding and the reception was a blast!! They are a must!!
    Very professional too. Did everything they said and we did not worry about a thing. They had the whole night under control.
    Huge crowd on the dance floor from the minute they started to play!!

Sent on 02/14/2017

Amelia · Married on 07/23/2016

The best wedding band in the world! Matchmaker Band traveled to Bainbridge Island, Washington to play at our wedding- dream come true!! Highly recommended.

Sent on 09/27/2016

Kristy · Married on 05/14/2016

What an AMAZING band! I hired Matchmaker for my May 14th wedding and suffice it to say, our guests were WOWED. The dance floor was packed all night and everyone had an amazing time. We gave them 7 songs we liked and 7 we didn't from their list, and they tailored the music perfectly for us. They are incredibly engaging and just so much fun. The cherry on top was playing our first dance song live, which we were not expecting, since it wasn't on their list. REALLY special moment for me when the dance started! Thanks so much, Matchmaker!

Sent on 06/13/2016

Sharon · Married on 11/28/2015

Matchmaker Band! I must have said their name 100 times on the night of my daughter's wedding! All through the night and even a week later, people are still asking the band's name and saying how fabulous they were! This band created the party atmosphere, made wedding announcements, provided DJ services on their breaks, etc. Matchmaker is the ultimate wedding band not only because of their great personalities and that they are gorgeous to look at, but because they are extremely talented vocal artists and musicians! Best decision ever was to hire Matchmaker!

Sent on 12/03/2015

Having Matchmaker was the absolute best decision we made. They brought the party and had everyone on the dance floor through the last song. They interact with the crowd, involve the bride and groom and handle all the announcements/extra DJ duties. I don't know how they could have been better, seriously.

Sent on 12/28/2015

Jennifer · Married on 09/12/2015

This band is worth every penny and more!! They were seriously the highlight of our wedding!! Everyone could not stop talking about them. My grandma even stayed up until midnight and couldn't wait to hug them after! They rock the house and have so much energy. You would think doing this every weekend they would get a little worn out but they came in guns blazing and put on an amazing show. I feel so lucky to have had them!! Their trumpet player is amazing as well! De did our ceremony music which was modern songs played on a solo trumpet and he killed it. Cannot reccomend these guys enough!!

Sent on 09/30/2015

Cindy · Married on 05/23/2015

Matchmaker played at my daughter's wedding this weekend and the music was definitely a highlight! The bride and groom love Motown music but also country and pop and there was a perfect blend of new (Uptown Funk) and old (Shout and At Last). We continue to get emails and calls about how amazing they were and comments include "Best Wedding Ever!" and "I want to wedding crash every wedding they play at!"

I'm just sad that I only have one daughter to marry because I would definitely book them again. Very entertaining, got the crowd involved. Plan early because they book up fast! You will not be disappointed!!!

Sent on 05/28/2015

Stacie · Married on 03/21/2015

My wedding was 11 days ago and I'm still receiving pictures and emails about how amazing the Matchmaker Band was. They appealed to EVERYONE at my wedding -- the older folks loved the Motown jams and everyone hit the floor when Uptown Funk started playing. The "slower" music during dinner was so fantastic that couples started dancing before the plates were cleared. Ange brought me up on stage for one of my favorite songs, Proud Mary, and my husband and I were brought up again for the final song. We sang and danced our hearts out, along with our guests.

Jerry was my primary contact leading up to the wedding and he was extremely responsive and professional. Every single member of the band is execeptionally talented and experts at engaging the audience. I'll never forget when Demetrius got on the dance floor and busted a move with my guests!

The Matchmaker Band provided the soundtrack for a magical day that we will never forget. One note for future brides -- try to book a year in advance. They are great, reasonably priced and book fast.

Thank you to the entire Matchmaker Band for making us feel so special on our big day!

Sent on 04/01/2015

Katie · Married on 03/14/2015

Awesome. Just awesome. Our wedding was basically the best party either of us had ever been to. So many guests said the same. Matchmaker was a huge reason the wedding was such a success and SO MUCH FUN! They are so much more than a cover band - they really love the music and put so much soul into it. I think everyone could FEEL this in the music. Dance floor was packed and nobody wanted to stop.

Sent on 04/06/2015

Matchmaker Band's reply:

Hey Katie!
    Thank you so much for your shining review! I'm so glad that you were happy with our performance and I know I speak for whole band when I say we had a great time too! I will pass this on to the rest of the guys.

All the best and hope to see you around :)
    Jerry Wise

Catherine · Married on 10/11/2014

This band was great! Matchmaker plays all the party standards and can keep a party hopping! They kept my reception energized and rocking all evening long. They have a great sound, they interacted with the crowd and our guests thoroughly enjoyed themselves!! It was so much fun getting up on the stage and dancing with the singers. I am so thankful we were able to get them out of Austin. You can not go wrong with this group.

Sent on 10/19/2014

Allison · Married on 10/04/2014

I cannot say more about how awesome this band is. I booked them for my wedding on October 4th and could not be more elated with their performance. I received the most compliments on the band and how fun they were. It honestly was my favorite part of the wedding. Best Motown band in Austin!!

Sent on 10/14/2014

Jessica · Married on 11/09/2013

I am unsure if I could write a review to match how unbelievably amazing this band is! We were introduced to them at Motown Mondays and immediately called them about our wedding the next day. Extremely professional and flexible in their work. Their cocktail set was perfect for dinner and then when they really got jammin... you basically had to fight for a place on the floor! My guests are still complimenting them; 5 months later! If you are looking for a band that is interactive and energetic with extremely talented musicians, this is the one.

Sent on 04/20/2014

I just had the Matchmaker Band play at my wedding this past weekend and they were incredible!! Everyone was dancing and having the time of their life. They played all the right songs at the right time. I am originally from Switzerland and all my guests from overseas were stunned at the bands singing qualities, stage presence and energy that they brought to the property. This band is a no brainer when it comes to a wedding or any other party! The best "shout" I have ever seen!

Sent on 05/13/2013