Massachusetts Justice of the Peace Stoddard H. Melhado Reviews

Massachusetts Justice of the Peace Stoddard H. Melhado 5
  • Kristin

Kristin Taylor · Getting married on 05/09/2021

Stoddard Melhado-

Stoddard was wonderful!!! He captured our story brilliantly in his ceremony. We loved everything he had to say about us, the ceremony we created together, and I really can't say enough great things about him!! Our guests loved his ceremony too!

Sent on 10/10/2019

Devyn · Getting married on 04/12/2021

An amazing person!

Stoddard is an amazing person who truly cares about the love story between the people he is marrying. Upon meeting Stoddard, we knew right away he was the person we felt comfortable marrying us. He takes the time to get to know his couples and it showed during our ceremony. Our ceremony was everything we could have imagined and more. Stoddard was able to share our love story with the people we cared about the most, while making us feel like there was no one else around but myself and my husband. After our ceremony we had so many people come up to us saying how wonderful our officiant was and that our ceremony was one of the most beautiful and genuine ceremonies they had ever been to. My fiancé and I cannot recommend Stoddard enough!

Sent on 01/07/2020

Shannon · Getting married on 10/17/2020

Professional smart. Responsive. Insightful

Perfect. He and his wife were so easy to talk too. Felt completely comfortable sharing our story with them to make our wedding so special

Massachusetts Justice of the Peace Stoddard H. Melhado 6
    Sent on 10/22/2019
  • Y

Yen To · Getting married on 04/03/2020

Absolutely Amazing!

In my role as a Wedding Coordinator, I have seen many wedding ceremonies. After witnessing Stoddard marry a couple at our venue, I knew I wanted him to be a part of our special day. Stoddard is kind, welcoming and very patient. He provided lots of information and recommendations on how to make our ceremony unique to us. Our ceremony was short, but he told our love story so eloquently! I would not hesitate to book with him!

Sent on 04/23/2019

Melissa Davis · Married on 12/31/2019

Wedding ceremony

My husband and I were able to completely customize our ceremony with Stoddard. His words were both personal and meaningful!

Sent on 01/15/2020
  • annanmikel48

Mike · Married on 11/16/2019

The Best Man for the Job!

Incredible! There’s truly no other word I could use that would properly describe our experience with Stoddard, and even that one falls a bit short. Stoddard is a wonderful blend of professional and wise. From the first day we met him in his home, he made us feel welcome and comfortable with him, and made sure to make us feel like he truly wanted our experience to be magical for us. His years of experience showed from that first moment, and he helped to guide us with everything from selecting readings, to designing the ceremony we truly felt encompassed our love.
    If anyone needs further proof that the man lives what he speaks to all of the couples he meets with, he and his wonderful wife just celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary themselves! Thank you Stoddard for making our ceremony as wonderful as it could possibly be!

-Mike and Anna

Sent on 11/25/2019
  • Kasey

Kasey Crampton · Married on 11/10/2019

Special and personal ceremony

Stoddard was absolutely fantastic. We first encountered him as the Justice of the Peace for our friend's wedding and we knew we wanted him to perform our ceremony. He is very kind, and very thoughtful and the ceremony is very personal. He gives a lot of helpful information to ensure the ceremony is exactly what you want it to be whether it is non traditional across the board, a little bit religious or inclusive of both sides beliefs. He came very far for us to perform the ceremony and didn't hesitate to do so. I had a death right before my wedding that really shook me up, and Stoddard went out of his way to make sure I was ok and talked to me separately to help me get through the ceremony. We were thrilled with the way our ceremony was performed. I would highly recommend him.

Sent on 10/29/2019

Michelle Lucas · Married on 11/08/2019

Highly recommend!

Let me start off by saying, Stoddard is amazing!! As soon as we met with him, we knew we made the right choice. He was a great listener, very knowledgable, and genuinely kind. Stoddard and his wife Ky were so welcoming and sweet. He went over all the ceremony details in depth which immediately took any stress I had away. He made the ceremony process simple and easy for us which I could not be more thankful for. Our ceremony was personal and memorable - I can't tell you how many guests came up to me saying how amazing our JP was. Thank you Stoddard, you are truly the best at what you do!

Sent on 11/28/2019

Marisa Russell · Married on 10/26/2019

Stoddard is the best!

Stoddard was so awesome to work with! He was so helpful and made everything so easy!

Sent on 11/12/2019

Gabrielle · Married on 10/19/2019

The best part of our ceremony

Stoddard was the absolute perfect JP. He was kindhearted, supportive, and helpful. He wrote the most beautiful personalized ceremony for us. He has so many resources to aide in creating your perfect ceremony. He uses profits to support greyhounds and you might get to meet his!!!

Sent on 11/08/2019

Caitlin · Married on 10/05/2019

Best JP we could have asked for

Stoddard was an excellent choice for our Justice of the Peace at our wedding start to finish. For our initial meeting Stoddard invited us into his home. We sat with him for quite awhile while he got to know us and our relationship (which he later wrote his own reading for the ceremony with) and walked us through all of the small details of the ceremony that we may not have thought about until the last minute. He was very timely in sending us the outline of our ceremony script and additional readings and vows for us to go through and was responsive to any questions we had between our meeting and the wedding. Stoddard also met us at our rehearsal dinner venue the day before to walk through the ceremony with those involved. He was very thorough and assured us that night that he would ensure everything went smoothly day of, so we can enjoy our day.

Sent on 10/22/2019
  • Diana

Diana Filar · Married on 09/22/2019

If you want a great ceremony, go with Stoddard!

One of the consistent things my guests said about our wedding was that the ceremony was incredible -- this is all because of Stoddard. First of all, he doesn't charge you for the first meeting unless you choose to go with him as the officiant. Even then, he is very reasonably priced, and beside that he is kind, sees you through every step of the process, and offers so many options so the wedding is tailored to your style. He also recommended the unplugged ceremony which people bristled at at first, but then loved. I truly could not believe how special the ceremony felt, and that's due to Stoddard and his helpful wife, Ky.

Sent on 09/27/2019

Lauren · Married on 09/21/2019

Stoddard is AMAZING!

Stoddard was absolutely amazing!!! He was always punctual, responsive, and unbelievably kind. During our pre-wedding meeting he took the time to go over all our options for the ceremony and had plenty of suggestions for different readings we could use. The night before the wedding at the rehearsal he pulled Brian and I aside to see how we were doing stress wise which was so thoughtful. Our wedding ceremony was the most beautiful, perfect, and individualized ceremony ever. Stoddard had beautiful words to say and we loved that he told the story of how we met which he got from our meeting prior to the wedding. We had so many guests ask us how we knew him during the reception and many thought he knew us personally from everything he said. Everyone was blown away by how beautiful of a ceremony he performed

Sent on 10/14/2019
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 09/07/2019

Wonderful experience and beautiful ceremony!

My husband and I are so happy with how wonderful our ceremony was and it was all thanks to Stoddard! From the initial meeting we knew he would be great - he took the time to get to know us as a couple and our story as well as provide us with numerous options for how our ceremony would go. It was so evident how much he loves officiating and wants to make each ceremony special and unique - and he does! We highly recommend Stoddard!!

Sent on 07/14/2019
  • Melissa

Melissa Regan · Married on 09/07/2019

More than just a Justice of the Peace

From the moment we came across Stoddard's website we knew he was the JP for us. That was only further validated when we met him at his home with his wife Ky. Their hospitality, genuine kindness and love for love made us feel so comfortable. Stoddard was so focused on making our ceremony what we wanted and gave us many suggestions along the way. Our family and friends thought Stoddard was just outstanding. He captured the true essence of our love. We can not begin to thank Stoddard enough. Our ceremony was so perfect and it truly was because we had Stoddard as our Justice of the Peace. Do not hesitate in booking him. Stop your search and contact Stoddard Melhado for the wedding ceremony you could only dream of.

Massachusetts Justice of the Peace Stoddard H. Melhado 7
    Sent on 09/23/2019

Alyssa · Married on 09/06/2019

Personalized ceremony that received tons of praises

We cannot say enough good things about Stoddard! He sat down with us and spent hours just speaking with us and getting to know us as a couple. We were nervous as our families really wanted a religious ceremony. Needless to say after the wedding we got numerous praises from several religious family members about how it was the most beautiful and meaningful ceremony they have ever seen.
    Throughout the whole process Stoddard was an absolute pleasure to work with. He answered any email or texts in a very timely manner and addressed any questions or concerns.
    He also gave us a very detailed outline of the ceremony in which we could choose from numerous reading selections as well as vows. These vow ideas were super unique and not "cookie cutter" at all! This gives you the option to personalize your ceremony. As he used to be a writing teacher, he had some really beautiful selections to choose from.
    We could not be happier with our selection and really will be forever grateful for all that he has done for us!

Sent on 09/21/2019
  • Lauri

Lauri Rose Sciolto · Married on 09/06/2019

Wonderfully Thoughtful

The venue I'd chosen, The Barn at Gibbet Hill, had Stoddard listed as one of their recommended officiants and I can absolutely understand why. From the very start, Stoddard and his wife, Ky, made my husband and I feel so comfortable. Stoddard listened to our story (from office crush to first date to engagement), taking notes while seated in his living room. He used those notes to create an incredibly thoughtful, personalized ceremony. Our friends and family could hardly wait for the reception to express how wonderful Stoddard's words were - how they were brought right into our journey and had never experienced anything like that from other officiants. This sentiment has lingered even months after the event. In addition, Stoddard's background as an English professor was ideal for my husband and I. Not only did he provide a packet of both traditional and unique passages to browse, he encouraged us to look through our bookshelves for inspiration. He was also willing to proof read our vows ahead of time and assist in editing them if necessary. I can't begin to express just how grateful I am for Stoddard, Ky, and the beautiful, memorable experience they created for our wedding.

Massachusetts Justice of the Peace Stoddard H. Melhado 8
    Sent on 10/29/2019
  • Ali

Alexa Lessard · Married on 08/31/2019

Best of the best

HIGHLY HIGHLY recommended Stoddard to anyone looking for a JP.
    Everyone after the ceremony was telling us how great of a job he did and how personal he made it. He made the whole process super easy. He is with you every step of the way and has it all outlined tons of examples to look at. He added a seperate part to the ceremony for our kids to be involved. It was absolutely amazing. Can not say enough good things about him.

Massachusetts Justice of the Peace Stoddard H. Melhado 9
    Sent on 09/21/2019

Linda · Married on 08/30/2019

more than an officiant

Stoddard was a pleasure to work with. He was flexible, friendly, professional, accommodating, responsive. and knowledgeable. He provides many resources for crafting the content of the ceremony, and will provide as much or as little direction and input as you would like, making it all work in the end. He put my anxious family at ease during the rehearsal. More than all of this, he is a kind and interesting person and I am glad to have met him and his wife.

Sent on 09/26/2019

David · Married on 08/30/2019

more than an officiant

Sent on 09/26/2019

Sarah Mcmullen · Married on 08/23/2019

Can't Thank You Enough!

When planning a wedding, there are so many things to consider: the venue, the menu, the band, the photographer, the florist. However, the most important part of the wedding is actually, the service. That is why we chose Stoddard Melhado to officiate at our wedding on August 23, 2019, at the Villa at Ridder Country Club in East Bridgewater. Our first meeting with Stoddard was at his home. Both he and his wife were so welcoming and made us feel so at ease. We talked about the history of our love and relationship, as well as our wedding ceremony vision. Stoddard was an attentive listener and extremely knowledgeable, offering many wonderful ideas and readings to incorporate into our ceremony. Stoddard personalized our marriage ceremony and made it sound as if he had known us for many years, creating the most beautiful and memorable service. Our family and friends commented on how lovely the ceremony was, filled with humor, dignity, style and grace. It is very evident that Stoddard loves his role and shares genuine kindness and love with those that are fortunate to have him officiate at their weddings, so don’t look any further. Stoddard Melhado will fulfill your vision for a beautiful and memorable wedding service, the most important part of any wedding.

Sent on 10/13/2019

Carrie Smith · Married on 08/17/2019

Perfect ceremony

Stoddard did an amazing job performing our wedding ceremony. We appreciate that he told our personal story as it made the ceremony much more memorable. Our ceremony was perfect and made us want to do it all over again!

Sent on 08/21/2019

Debra Thompson Hawley · Married on 08/15/2019

Thank you, Stodard!

Stoddard put together and performed our perfect wedding ceremony. We are a "mature" couple and have been married before. Our ceremony was just the two of us. Stoddard is an excellent communicator, professional and intuitive. He chose readings for us that fit perfectly. He and his lovely wife, Ky, made our ceremony special and meaningful. It was just what we had hoped for. We are so grateful!

Sent on 08/20/2019

Roberta Giordano · Married on 08/09/2019

Wonderful Justice of the Peace!

Stoddard was a wonderful officiant for our August 9th wedding! He was responsive and thoughtful from our very first communication with him all the way through to our special day. We had wanted an officiant who could help provide a structure to the ceremony, including ideas for wording for vows and other parts of the ceremony - and Stoddard gave us exactly this. He made it easy for us to then design the "script" that made it uniquely ours. He took the time to meet with us and ask us for as many details to our love story as we could share, he took notes, and he thoughtfully integrated some of those details into our ceremony. During the ceremony, Stoddard delivered exactly what we had hoped for, and even his wireless microphone set-up was of good quality - guests sitting in the back row of our outdoor ceremony heard every word. We are so thankful to Stoddard for officiating our wedding ceremony! We would recommend him with no hesitation to anyone looking for a justice of the peace!

Sent on 09/03/2019
  • Ye Ding

Ye Ding · Married on 07/28/2019

Stoddard Great JOP! Great wedding ceremony!

Stoddard is a great JOP! He is so professional, thoughtful, and responsible. He did an amazing job for our wedding! Everyone loves him!
    Stoddard has been as a JOP for 50 years, but he is not doing the JOP for the money. He does because he loves it. He loves being part of your greatest moment of your life and share with you. Also, he shares his wisdom about love with you!
    Stoddard does not just show up at your wedding. He actually spends time with you to know you and your love story before the wedding. He prepares his own graphs about your love story. He did an amazing job for this part on our wedding. Everyone was so impressed and moved when he told our love story.
    I still feel really lucky to have Stoddard as my JOP! Such a lovely person. One more thing, I have to mention his wife Ky. Such a lovely lady. They also have a great love story themselves. I am so grateful to meet them all.
    Don't hesitate to get Stoddard as your wedding JOP. He will give you a wonderful ceremony! You will definitely feel lucky to have him!

Sent on 08/07/2019