Massachusetts Justice of the Peace Stoddard H. Melhado Reviews

421 | Littleton, MA

421 Reviews for Massachusetts Justice of the Peace Stoddard H. Melhado

Jessica Sommerville · Getting married on 05/08/2022

Incredible! Great to work with.

Stoddard did an amazing job officiating our wedding. He took great care in getting to know us and our story, and crafted a beautiful ceremony that was very heartfelt and personal. He was so helpful in providing us with resources for inspiration, and was very responsive to our questions. He walked us through various examples of what the structure of a ceremony can look like, but also encouraged us to add what we wanted to really make it our own. From the first meeting with him, we could tell we were in good hands. Our original wedding plans were impacted by covid-19, but luckily he was with us every step of the way. We would recommend Stoddard to anyone. His thoughtfulness and attention to detail really made our small intimate ceremony extra special.

Sent on 09/11/2020
  • Martyn

Martyn Royce · Getting married on 03/03/2022

An exceptional man (for an exceptional wedding!)

My (now!) wife Brooke and I had been in a long distance relationship for around two years before finally tying the knot, but had known one another for almost seven. Brooke is born and bred in Fitchburg, whereas I lived my whole life in Oxfordshire, England, prior to emigrating and marrying in March 2020. Our backstory and chance meeting was one which Stoddard submerged himself in and took a genuine and pure curiosity to our relationship. His humility and personable nature was apparent from our first meeting, and these were features apparent at all stages in the process and planning of our big day. Despite the COVID-19 pandemic putting paid to us having a better attended ceremony, Stoddard was still more than happy to marry us at a beautiful and tranquil setting at his home in Littleton. Whilst our wedding will be unforgettable for very different reasons, Stoddard made the day special in spite of the current way of the world. Brooke and I are beyond grateful to have had Stoddard's services and recommend him thoroughly.

Sent on 05/22/2020
  • Lauren

Lauren Moffett · Getting married on 01/07/2022

Perfect JP

Stoddard was amazing. He really cares about getting to know you and your story. He pays attention to every little detail you mention. Of course when going through your story as a couple there are always side stories and distractions, he was amazing at making sure one thought was fully wrapped up and not missing anything.
    The ceremony was great, he captured everything we talked about and really got who we were as a couple. In the weeks after our wedding we keep getting comments on how great Stoddard was! We could not have been any happier with him!

Sent on 08/13/2020
  • Kristin

Kristin Taylor · Getting married on 05/09/2021

Stoddard Melhado-

Stoddard was wonderful!!! He captured our story brilliantly in his ceremony. We loved everything he had to say about us, the ceremony we created together, and I really can't say enough great things about him!! Our guests loved his ceremony too!

Sent on 10/10/2019

Devyn · Getting married on 04/12/2021

An amazing person!

Stoddard is an amazing person who truly cares about the love story between the people he is marrying. Upon meeting Stoddard, we knew right away he was the person we felt comfortable marrying us. He takes the time to get to know his couples and it showed during our ceremony. Our ceremony was everything we could have imagined and more. Stoddard was able to share our love story with the people we cared about the most, while making us feel like there was no one else around but myself and my husband. After our ceremony we had so many people come up to us saying how wonderful our officiant was and that our ceremony was one of the most beautiful and genuine ceremonies they had ever been to. My fiancé and I cannot recommend Stoddard enough!

Sent on 01/07/2020

Taylor Lima · Getting married on 04/02/2021

Stoddard adds such a personal touch to your ceremony!

From the first time my husband and I met with Stoddard we knew we were in good hands! Sometimes with a Justice of the Peace a ceremony can sometimes feel not as personal but that is not the case with Stoddard. He took the time to get to know my husband and I and our story and incorporated that into our ceremony into a way that made it seem like he's known us for years. All of our friends and family have given us so many compliments as to how intimate and personal our ceremony was and Stoddard was a huge part of that!

Sent on 02/27/2020

Shannon · Married on 10/17/2020

Professional smart. Responsive. Insightful

Perfect. He and his wife were so easy to talk too. Felt completely comfortable sharing our story with them to make our wedding so special

Sent on 10/22/2019

Meg Rina · Married on 10/10/2020

Thoughtful

Stoddard made our elopement a breeze! He speaks perfectly and made everything more special than we could have asked for :)

Rachel Ricciardi · Married on 10/10/2020

We were very pleased to have Stoddard Melhado as our JP

Stoddard performed our ceremony on 10.10.20 and we could not be happier, he was just wonderful!
    If you're looking for a Justice of the Peace look no further, we highly recommend Stoddard he is the sweetest man, so humble and kind!

Sent on 10/24/2020

Sonya Salem · Married on 10/03/2020

A special moment we won’t ever forget !

Stoddard made every moment through our ceremony special. His choice of words were just perfect !

Sent on 10/07/2020

Kathryn · Married on 10/03/2020

Stoddard was amazing! 10/10 recommend him!

Stoddard was absolutely amazing. He made the ceremony so special. He personalized the ceremony to fit my husband and I without even knowing us. We cannot thank him enough.

Sent on 10/21/2020

Nathalia · Married on 09/20/2020

The best officiant ever!

My friend recommended Stoddard to us and he was simply amazing! Professional but personal at the same time! He was so helpful and went above and beyond to help make our day perfect. It was everything I wanted and we couldn't have done it without Stoddard. I will most definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a Justice of the Peace! Thank you so much!

Sent on 08/12/2020

Dylan Howes · Married on 09/10/2020

Exceptional JP

My wife and I are both the kind of people that do everything on the fly, and our wedding was no different. While we'd been together for 10 years before we finally said "I Do", we spent about 3 hours in total planing for our big day. Stoddard helped to make our ceremony truly special, without us really preparing anything.

Our ceremony was very small (just immediate family) and was held in a public park. All in attendance spoke highly of the nice readings that Stoddard had prepared to add substance and context to the ceremony.

Stoddard was also very accommodating, We had originally planned to have the ceremony right in his back yard ( A service he offers for very small ceremonies), and at 6pm the day before the wedding which was to be held at noon, we stumbled across the perfect little spot in a public park and called him up to ask if we could move the ceremony to a different location. He accommodated without issue.

I know that most people aren't as off the cuff as we are, but Stoddard really helped make our day stress free and special. I'm certain he would do an excellent job at large and well planned weddings just the same!

Mandi Salvatore · Married on 09/06/2020

Simply The Best

I reached out to Stoddard after doing a lot of research for the perfect officiant - I wanted someone with whom I felt a connection, after all, this was such an important day. I came across a video of a wedding he had previously officiated and got teary- eyed; it was a done deal. He invited us to his home to meet him and to get to know my husband and I better. Stoddard was so kind, warm and welcoming that we knew he was the best person to officiate our wedding on 9/6/2020. When our wedding day plans changed, he was very flexible and accommodating. The day of our wedding, it was just my husband and I, Stoddard and his wife and our photographer; we held the ceremony on one of the docks along Fan Pier in the Seaport and everything was perfect. We are truly thankful we found Stoddard and if you haven’t found an officiant yet, we highly recommend you hire him. He’s the best.

Sent on 10/20/2020

M and C · Married on 09/04/2020

Absolutely fantastic

Very professional and organized. On a day when you have many things to worry about he makes it so there's at least one thing you don't have to worry about.

• Frank

Frank Frascella · Married on 08/28/2020

it was a great wedding

The wedding was perfect he helped out so much

Sent on 09/17/2020

April Setterlund · Married on 08/22/2020

Highly recommended!

Due to covid we had to forego our original wedding plans and have a much smaller ceremony on a different date. Working with Stoddard was great, and he really helped to make the ceremony special to us. Highly recommend working with him to all.

Sent on 07/29/2020

Nicole Hynes · Married on 08/16/2020

Our day was perfect!

I chose Stoddard from a search online for a Justice of the Peace. The reviews were great and now I see why. He was very professional as well as personable. We couldn't have been any happier with our choice and would choose him again with no questions asked. He made our day completely perfect and we can't thank him enough!

Sent on 08/19/2020

Tina Cooley · Married on 08/15/2020

Wonderful, humble and very professional

My husband and i met with Stoddard to go over some things that we wanted included in our wedding. On our fist meeting with him we both knew right away that he was the right person for us. Stoddard is very helpful in helping us decide what was important and what we could do without. He gave us lots of choices and he made ore ceramony much more than we could have imagined.

Sent on 09/17/2020

Elizabeth · Married on 07/31/2020

Best ceremony ever!

We had the best experience working with Stoddard! He made our ceremony so unique and personal so to us. It was the most special day, we are so grateful to him!

Sent on 09/02/2020

Michelle Kotkowski · Married on 07/05/2020

Great experience!

Stoddard did a wonderful job accommodating us at his home. The readings he chose were perfect and we couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Sent on 05/07/2020

Gezell Morin · Married on 06/27/2020

The most genuine experience!

Stoddard was hands down made for this! He is so genuine, organized and heartfelt in every aspect. Hands down the easiest "vendor" to work with, professionally and on a human level. Our day wouldn't have been complete without him there!

Sent on 07/03/2020

Micaela Violette · Married on 06/20/2020

A great choice

Stoddard was wonderful to work with. He had my husband and I over to his house (pre-covid) to get to know us and learn about our story. When our wedding had to be postponed from June to October he was extremely flexible. One of the most helpful things he did was provide us with so many options to personalize our ceremony and make it our own. He provided so many examples of different ceremony layouts and tons of readings to look through. Stoddard has such a kind and warm presence and this was especially reassuring on our wedding day. I cannot recommend Stoddard highly enough!

Sent on 11/15/2020
  • Ken

Ken Kwasniewski · Married on 06/13/2020

Wonderful Experience

I can’t say enough good things about Stoddard. He invited us into his home and got to know us so that he could develop a personalized service. His kind words and passionate expression made all of our guests praise him for the wonderful job he did. Even during Covid, he followed-through with our service which we appreciate so much.

Sent on 06/16/2020
  • Sean

Sean & Leanne Cunningham · Married on 06/06/2020

Professional, Personable, Insightful

Stoddard is an amazing person and was wonderful every step of the way! He really took the time to get to know us, he provided a wealth of resources, and truly made our ceremony feel one of a kind and personal. He was professional, responsive, and personable. We got married during COVID and he was incredibly flexible with our many plan changes. He did a phenomenal job for our backup plan intimate ceremony and we can't wait to use him again for our postponed larger vow renewal next year!

Sent on 06/23/2020