Massachusetts Justice of the Peace Stoddard H. Melhado Reviews

400 | Littleton, MA

400 Reviews for Massachusetts Justice of the Peace Stoddard H. Melhado

• Martyn

Martyn Royce · Getting married on 03/03/2022

An exceptional man (for an exceptional wedding!)

My (now!) wife Brooke and I had been in a long distance relationship for around two years before finally tying the knot, but had known one another for almost seven. Brooke is born and bred in Fitchburg, whereas I lived my whole life in Oxfordshire, England, prior to emigrating and marrying in March 2020. Our backstory and chance meeting was one which Stoddard submerged himself in and took a genuine and pure curiosity to our relationship. His humility and personable nature was apparent from our first meeting, and these were features apparent at all stages in the process and planning of our big day. Despite the COVID-19 pandemic putting paid to us having a better attended ceremony, Stoddard was still more than happy to marry us at a beautiful and tranquil setting at his home in Littleton. Whilst our wedding will be unforgettable for very different reasons, Stoddard made the day special in spite of the current way of the world. Brooke and I are beyond grateful to have had Stoddard's services and recommend him thoroughly.

Sent on 05/22/2020
  • Kristin

Kristin Taylor · Getting married on 05/09/2021

Stoddard Melhado-

Stoddard was wonderful!!! He captured our story brilliantly in his ceremony. We loved everything he had to say about us, the ceremony we created together, and I really can't say enough great things about him!! Our guests loved his ceremony too!

Sent on 10/10/2019

Devyn · Getting married on 04/12/2021

An amazing person!

Stoddard is an amazing person who truly cares about the love story between the people he is marrying. Upon meeting Stoddard, we knew right away he was the person we felt comfortable marrying us. He takes the time to get to know his couples and it showed during our ceremony. Our ceremony was everything we could have imagined and more. Stoddard was able to share our love story with the people we cared about the most, while making us feel like there was no one else around but myself and my husband. After our ceremony we had so many people come up to us saying how wonderful our officiant was and that our ceremony was one of the most beautiful and genuine ceremonies they had ever been to. My fiancé and I cannot recommend Stoddard enough!

Sent on 01/07/2020

Taylor Lima · Getting married on 04/02/2021

Stoddard adds such a personal touch to your ceremony!

From the first time my husband and I met with Stoddard we knew we were in good hands! Sometimes with a Justice of the Peace a ceremony can sometimes feel not as personal but that is not the case with Stoddard. He took the time to get to know my husband and I and our story and incorporated that into our ceremony into a way that made it seem like he's known us for years. All of our friends and family have given us so many compliments as to how intimate and personal our ceremony was and Stoddard was a huge part of that!

Sent on 02/27/2020

Shannon · Getting married on 10/17/2020

Professional smart. Responsive. Insightful

Perfect. He and his wife were so easy to talk too. Felt completely comfortable sharing our story with them to make our wedding so special

Sent on 10/22/2019

Michelle Kotkowski · Getting married on 07/05/2020

Great experience!

Stoddard did a wonderful job accommodating us at his home. The readings he chose were perfect and we couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Sent on 05/07/2020
  • Y

Yen To · Married on 04/03/2020

Absolutely Amazing!

In my role as a Wedding Coordinator, I have seen many wedding ceremonies. After witnessing Stoddard marry a couple at our venue, I knew I wanted him to be a part of our special day. Stoddard is kind, welcoming and very patient. He provided lots of information and recommendations on how to make our ceremony unique to us. Our ceremony was short, but he told our love story so eloquently! I would not hesitate to book with him!

Sent on 04/23/2019

Jenna Protano · Married on 03/06/2020

The Barn at Gibbet Hill wedding!

Stoddard met with my husband and I when we were interested in using him for our JP. He invited us into his home and took the time to get to know us and our love story! I knew right then and there he would be a wonderful JP. He is a retired English teacher and he has his way with words and speaking. Our ceremony was special and unforgettable because of him!

Sent on 03/09/2020

Kylie Noe · Married on 02/14/2020

Simply Amazing!

Stoddard was the perfect JP for our wedding. He was very calm and professional throughout the experience. He helped us plan a ceremony that was unique to us. We keep getting fabulous reviews from guests about how much they loved a personal story he told about how we met. He will help make your day exactly how you want it.

Sent on 02/28/2020

Melissa Davis · Married on 12/31/2019

Wedding ceremony

My husband and I were able to completely customize our ceremony with Stoddard. His words were both personal and meaningful!

Sent on 01/15/2020
  • annanmikel48

Mike · Married on 11/16/2019

The Best Man for the Job!

Incredible! There’s truly no other word I could use that would properly describe our experience with Stoddard, and even that one falls a bit short. Stoddard is a wonderful blend of professional and wise. From the first day we met him in his home, he made us feel welcome and comfortable with him, and made sure to make us feel like he truly wanted our experience to be magical for us. His years of experience showed from that first moment, and he helped to guide us with everything from selecting readings, to designing the ceremony we truly felt encompassed our love.
    If anyone needs further proof that the man lives what he speaks to all of the couples he meets with, he and his wonderful wife just celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary themselves! Thank you Stoddard for making our ceremony as wonderful as it could possibly be!

-Mike and Anna

Sent on 11/25/2019
  • Kasey

Kasey Crampton · Married on 11/10/2019

Special and personal ceremony

Stoddard was absolutely fantastic. We first encountered him as the Justice of the Peace for our friend's wedding and we knew we wanted him to perform our ceremony. He is very kind, and very thoughtful and the ceremony is very personal. He gives a lot of helpful information to ensure the ceremony is exactly what you want it to be whether it is non traditional across the board, a little bit religious or inclusive of both sides beliefs. He came very far for us to perform the ceremony and didn't hesitate to do so. I had a death right before my wedding that really shook me up, and Stoddard went out of his way to make sure I was ok and talked to me separately to help me get through the ceremony. We were thrilled with the way our ceremony was performed. I would highly recommend him.

Sent on 10/29/2019

Michelle Lucas · Married on 11/08/2019

Highly recommend!

Let me start off by saying, Stoddard is amazing!! As soon as we met with him, we knew we made the right choice. He was a great listener, very knowledgable, and genuinely kind. Stoddard and his wife Ky were so welcoming and sweet. He went over all the ceremony details in depth which immediately took any stress I had away. He made the ceremony process simple and easy for us which I could not be more thankful for. Our ceremony was personal and memorable - I can't tell you how many guests came up to me saying how amazing our JP was. Thank you Stoddard, you are truly the best at what you do!

Sent on 11/28/2019

Marisa Russell · Married on 10/26/2019

Stoddard is the best!

Stoddard was so awesome to work with! He was so helpful and made everything so easy!

Sent on 11/12/2019

Gabrielle · Married on 10/19/2019

The best part of our ceremony

Stoddard was the absolute perfect JP. He was kindhearted, supportive, and helpful. He wrote the most beautiful personalized ceremony for us. He has so many resources to aide in creating your perfect ceremony. He uses profits to support greyhounds and you might get to meet his!!!

Sent on 11/08/2019

Caitlin · Married on 10/05/2019

Best JP we could have asked for

Stoddard was an excellent choice for our Justice of the Peace at our wedding start to finish. For our initial meeting Stoddard invited us into his home. We sat with him for quite awhile while he got to know us and our relationship (which he later wrote his own reading for the ceremony with) and walked us through all of the small details of the ceremony that we may not have thought about until the last minute. He was very timely in sending us the outline of our ceremony script and additional readings and vows for us to go through and was responsive to any questions we had between our meeting and the wedding. Stoddard also met us at our rehearsal dinner venue the day before to walk through the ceremony with those involved. He was very thorough and assured us that night that he would ensure everything went smoothly day of, so we can enjoy our day.

Sent on 10/22/2019
  • Diana

Diana Filar · Married on 09/22/2019

If you want a great ceremony, go with Stoddard!

One of the consistent things my guests said about our wedding was that the ceremony was incredible -- this is all because of Stoddard. First of all, he doesn't charge you for the first meeting unless you choose to go with him as the officiant. Even then, he is very reasonably priced, and beside that he is kind, sees you through every step of the process, and offers so many options so the wedding is tailored to your style. He also recommended the unplugged ceremony which people bristled at at first, but then loved. I truly could not believe how special the ceremony felt, and that's due to Stoddard and his helpful wife, Ky.

Sent on 09/27/2019

Lauren · Married on 09/21/2019

Stoddard is AMAZING!

Stoddard was absolutely amazing!!! He was always punctual, responsive, and unbelievably kind. During our pre-wedding meeting he took the time to go over all our options for the ceremony and had plenty of suggestions for different readings we could use. The night before the wedding at the rehearsal he pulled Brian and I aside to see how we were doing stress wise which was so thoughtful. Our wedding ceremony was the most beautiful, perfect, and individualized ceremony ever. Stoddard had beautiful words to say and we loved that he told the story of how we met which he got from our meeting prior to the wedding. We had so many guests ask us how we knew him during the reception and many thought he knew us personally from everything he said. Everyone was blown away by how beautiful of a ceremony he performed

Sent on 10/14/2019
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 09/07/2019

Wonderful experience and beautiful ceremony!

My husband and I are so happy with how wonderful our ceremony was and it was all thanks to Stoddard! From the initial meeting we knew he would be great - he took the time to get to know us as a couple and our story as well as provide us with numerous options for how our ceremony would go. It was so evident how much he loves officiating and wants to make each ceremony special and unique - and he does! We highly recommend Stoddard!!

Sent on 07/14/2019
  • Melissa

Melissa Regan · Married on 09/07/2019

More than just a Justice of the Peace

From the moment we came across Stoddard's website we knew he was the JP for us. That was only further validated when we met him at his home with his wife Ky. Their hospitality, genuine kindness and love for love made us feel so comfortable. Stoddard was so focused on making our ceremony what we wanted and gave us many suggestions along the way. Our family and friends thought Stoddard was just outstanding. He captured the true essence of our love. We can not begin to thank Stoddard enough. Our ceremony was so perfect and it truly was because we had Stoddard as our Justice of the Peace. Do not hesitate in booking him. Stop your search and contact Stoddard Melhado for the wedding ceremony you could only dream of.

Sent on 09/23/2019

Alyssa · Married on 09/06/2019

Personalized ceremony that received tons of praises

We cannot say enough good things about Stoddard! He sat down with us and spent hours just speaking with us and getting to know us as a couple. We were nervous as our families really wanted a religious ceremony. Needless to say after the wedding we got numerous praises from several religious family members about how it was the most beautiful and meaningful ceremony they have ever seen.
    Throughout the whole process Stoddard was an absolute pleasure to work with. He answered any email or texts in a very timely manner and addressed any questions or concerns.
    He also gave us a very detailed outline of the ceremony in which we could choose from numerous reading selections as well as vows. These vow ideas were super unique and not "cookie cutter" at all! This gives you the option to personalize your ceremony. As he used to be a writing teacher, he had some really beautiful selections to choose from.
    We could not be happier with our selection and really will be forever grateful for all that he has done for us!

Sent on 09/21/2019
  • Lauri

Lauri Rose Sciolto · Married on 09/06/2019

Wonderfully Thoughtful

The venue I'd chosen, The Barn at Gibbet Hill, had Stoddard listed as one of their recommended officiants and I can absolutely understand why. From the very start, Stoddard and his wife, Ky, made my husband and I feel so comfortable. Stoddard listened to our story (from office crush to first date to engagement), taking notes while seated in his living room. He used those notes to create an incredibly thoughtful, personalized ceremony. Our friends and family could hardly wait for the reception to express how wonderful Stoddard's words were - how they were brought right into our journey and had never experienced anything like that from other officiants. This sentiment has lingered even months after the event. In addition, Stoddard's background as an English professor was ideal for my husband and I. Not only did he provide a packet of both traditional and unique passages to browse, he encouraged us to look through our bookshelves for inspiration. He was also willing to proof read our vows ahead of time and assist in editing them if necessary. I can't begin to express just how grateful I am for Stoddard, Ky, and the beautiful, memorable experience they created for our wedding.

Sent on 10/29/2019
  • Ali

Alexa Lessard · Married on 08/31/2019

Best of the best

HIGHLY HIGHLY recommended Stoddard to anyone looking for a JP.
    Everyone after the ceremony was telling us how great of a job he did and how personal he made it. He made the whole process super easy. He is with you every step of the way and has it all outlined tons of examples to look at. He added a seperate part to the ceremony for our kids to be involved. It was absolutely amazing. Can not say enough good things about him.

Sent on 09/21/2019

Linda · Married on 08/30/2019

more than an officiant

Stoddard was a pleasure to work with. He was flexible, friendly, professional, accommodating, responsive. and knowledgeable. He provides many resources for crafting the content of the ceremony, and will provide as much or as little direction and input as you would like, making it all work in the end. He put my anxious family at ease during the rehearsal. More than all of this, he is a kind and interesting person and I am glad to have met him and his wife.

Sent on 09/26/2019