305 Reviews for Massachusetts Justice of the Peace Stoddard H. Melhado

Jewish (1)
Buddhist (1)
Earth-Based (1)
304 Massachusetts Justice of the Peace Stoddard H. Melhado Reviews

Stoddard was absolutely amazing! He did everything to make our special day memorable. I would recommend him to my friends who are planning on getting married!

Profile Picture Cassandra , 5/18/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My wife and I felt it most important that our ceremony felt personal and intimate. Family, close friends, and a private environment were sure to meet our expectations. Who we chose to officiate our wedding was just as important. From the minute we met Stoddard, we knew that he would accommodate our personal style.

We could tell immediately that Stoddard was genuine and dedicated to his expertise. We were offered plenty of information and suggestions to guide us through the ceremonial process. Furthermore, Stoddard was communicative and personable thgouhout the weeks approaching the ceremony.

His performance on the day of was exactly what we could have hoped for. We heard nothing but good comments from our guest regarding his delivery and presentation.

We couldn't have been happier with our choice and would recommend Stoddard to any of our friends and family in the future!

Profile Picture Jonathan, 2/3/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Stoddard made our wedding ceremony more beautiful than I thought it could ever be. He invited us into his home and got to know us which he then shared during our ceremony. This was such a wonderful personal touch and a surprise to us! I emailed back and forth with Stoddard to get his opinion on things such as what to write on the programs and he was happy to help. Stoddard also helped me write a beautiful statement to my new stepdaughter. There was not a dry eye. I highly recommend working with Stoddard!

Profile Picture Brianna, 1/13/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Stoddard was amazing. I got married on NYE this year and people are still telling me how awesome he was and how the ceremony was so personalized. He goes above and beyond and I would recommend him to anyone!!

Profile Picture Becky, 12/31/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

My husband and I both think that the ceremony is the most important part of the day. From the first time we met Stoddard, we knew we want him to be part of our special day. He listened to what we wanted, and is genuinely interested in hearing about how we met. He talked to us for as long as we wanted to ensure that everything is exactly what we had envisioned. He arrived early on our wedding day, and came talk to us before the ceremony and made us feel comfortable and warm. Our ceremony was so beautiful and magical-- far beyond what we had imagined! We cried and laughed, as did our guests. His warm, steady, comforting words brought everyone in the room together in sharing this special moment of our lives. Our guests said they love the ceremony, that it was so romantic, meaningful and personal. We can't imagine a better officiant for our wedding. I can recommend him to friends and family without hesitation.

Profile Picture Sabrina, 11/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Stoddard was an AMAZING JoP! He met with us in a schedule that worked for us before our wedding date, created a beautiful ceremony and let us have a lot of input. His ceremony was spoken perfectly and he connected with both us and our guests effortlessly. He was wonderful and we would recommend him to any couples looking for a Justice of the Peace.

Profile Picture Gabriela, 11/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Stoddard did a wonderful job with the whole ceremony! Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Sarah, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Stoddard was an absolute joy to work with. He remembered small details we had told him a year and a half prior to our actual wedding day and incorporated them into our ceremony. He remembered things about us that I'm not even sure WE remembered! He was excellent in preparing us for how the ceremony would go and what would happen with paperwork after that. Meetings at his lovely home were always very efficient and inviting (he has greyhounds!!!).

Profile Picture Katie, 10/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Stoddard was one of the best decisions we made when it came to our wedding – from the first meeting where he welcomed us into his home to the day of, when he told our love story as though he were an insightful relative. (Literally, people kept asking us if he was an uncle!) We were so appreciative of his ceremony planning guidance and the plethora of resources he shared to help create a meaningful, one-of-a-kind experience for both ourselves and our guests. Don't think twice... if you're getting married in the central MA area, go for it! He will be one of the most memorable parts of your big day.

Profile Picture Susie, 10/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We me with Stoddard at his house and he made us each feel very relaxed and important
He was punctual the day of wedding and made my bride feel at ease throughout the ceremony

Profile Picture Rob, 10/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I'm so glad that we worked with Stoddard to officiate our wedding. We met initially at his home and talked about our wedding plans and ideas, our relationship, his experience and insight, and more. It was comfortable, informative, and left us with no doubt about who should officiate our wedding. Stoddard provided documents for every portion of the ceremony that were SUPER comprehensive and helpful, especially to someone like me who hasn't actually been to many wedding and didn't know all the separate parts of the ceremony. I was a little nervous about everything going smoothly (just regular wedding nerves!) but felt completely at ease after the rehearsal. Stoddard lets you know exactly what you need to do and what to expect. Overall he is kind, experienced, and committed to helping you have the perfect ceremony for your relationship. Everything went perfectly during our ceremony and we couldn't have asked for better!

Profile Picture Amy, 10/13/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

It was such a pleasure working with Stoddard. He was very helpful throughout the planning process and made it so easy for us. He had all of the guests attention at the ceremony. We had multiple people come up to us after, saying how perfect it was. Lets be honest, they can get a little boring or dragged on. But we had people say that they listened to every word Stoddard had to say and how he made it so personal, that it seemed like he knew us for a while. He also eased my fears of being the center of attention and speaking in front of a crowd. He made me feel so comfortable standing there and it felt like it was just us three. Stoddard made our special day even more special. We highly recommend him.

Profile Picture Amy, 10/13/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We are so happy that we chose Stoddard to officiate our wedding, and we are truly lucky that we found him. Stoddard is incredibly easy to work with and was an amazing officiant for our wedding. Our ceremony was incredible, and we had so many guests comment on how fitting it was for us. We are an out of state couple who had our wedding in Massachusetts, and though we met with him in person for our initial meeting, he was happy to work with us through email if we had any questions or concerns. He did a fantastic job crafting “our story” for our wedding ceremony, and the ceremony was both funny and touching, and definitely captured the essence of us as a couple. Stoddard provided a huge amount of resources for us to customize our ceremony however we wished (readings, vows, blessing, etc.), which made it very easy as we wouldn’t have known where to start otherwise! He was there for our rehearsal and provided a lot of tips for pictures/etc. during the ceremony that we hadn’t thought of. Also, for those of you with a fear of public speaking, Stoddard made that part as easy as he could for us, and he certainly put us at ease when it came to that part of the ceremony. Do not hesitate to work with Stoddard for your wedding, we are so happy that we were able to work with him, and are so thankful for his help throughout the process. We were also able to meet his Greyhound dogs when we visited him at his home to go over our ceremony, so cute! We definitely recommend Stoddard to anyone who is planning their wedding, you will not be disappointed in your choice.

Profile Picture Johnna, 10/14/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Rehearsal, Non-religious

We found Stoddard a list of preferred vendors for our venue, Friendly Crossways Retreat Center. His website was informative and easy to navigate and I could feel his passion for wedding officiating and greyhounds. From when we contacted him on the website to when we first met with him was less than a week, which goes to show his responsiveness. Stoddard did a fantastic job of getting to know the bride and groom at an initial meeting at his house. During our meeting, he asked us basic questions about our relationship and the "story of our love" and ended up writing a beautiful story with personal remarks from our lives that was featured in our ceremony. One thing we found exceptionally great was his flexibility and options with how the ceremony would be run. We felt like our voices were heard and nothing was left out. For the rehearsal the night before, Stoddard showed up promptly with his wife to assist in the process and he was very efficient and professional with making everyone in the wedding party understand their roles. On the wedding day, he made the bride and groom feel very comfortable and ready for the ceremony and he officiated with precision and ease. We would recommend Stoddard to anyone who wants to be guaranteed that their ceremony will be personal and perfect.

Profile Picture Brigid, 10/7/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Stoddard was utterly fantastic! He led us every step of the way, including a couple visits to his lovely home, and made us comfortable about everything. We never felt iffy about a single detail. He had solid and wise ideas for the ceremony but was also open to trying new things. We'll forever be in debt for his service!

Profile Picture Daniel, 10/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Stoddard was a pleasure to work with. My husband and I appreciated the way he made a real effort to get to know our story. He offered guidance in helping us craft our wedding ceremony, and many of our guests commented on how lovely it was. We would recommend Stoddard to couples looking for an experienced and thoughtful officiant for their wedding ceremony.

Profile Picture Veronique, 9/30/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Stoddard was such a pleasure to work with. My husband and I appreciated how he took the time to get to know our story and provided guidance and resources to help us craft our wedding ceremony. Many of our guests commented on how lovely it was. We would highly recommend Stoddard to couples looking for an experienced and thoughtful wedding officiant.

Profile Picture Veronique, 9/30/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Non-religious

We couldn't have been happier with our choice of JOP, Stoddard Melhado is absolutely amazing. He is the sweetest person and instantly makes you feel at ease and understood. We loved all of his recommendations for passages and readings during the ceremony and everything felt very true to us as a couple. We received sooooo many (seriously so many!) compliments from friends and family about how amazing he was and how intimate the ceremony felt. We even had guests asking us if we were old friends since it seemed like he knew us for ages. Couldn't recommend him enough, thank you so much for everything Stoddard!

Profile Picture Tara, 9/29/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We were so happy we found Stoddard to officiate our wedding. The ceremony was very important to us. We did not want it to feel impersonal. Stoddard was great at helping us with our vows and adding special touches to make the ceremony unique and personal to us. He has years of experience and it definitely showed. From our first encounter with him we knew he would be perfect. Stoddard was so professional and showed sincere interest in us as couple. We couldn't be happier with how our wedding turned out!

Profile Picture Dana, 9/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Stoddard made sure our ceremony was something that fit us both as a couple, He was caring and patient with me and my husband when it came to planning our perfect day.

Profile Picture Allison, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

From our first meeting with Stoddard, we knew he was going to be a perfect fit for our wedding. He walked us through a typical ceremony, explained things to us, why he does things this way or that way and then got to know us as a couple. We immediately felt comfortable talking to him, asking questions and telling stories. We really wanted an outdoor ceremony, and when the day arrived with wind and rain, Stoddard was still open to an outdoor ceremony. Lucky for us it was only a light mist by ceremony time, we got our outdoor ceremony and I wouldn't change a thing. We have gotten so many compliments on the ceremony Stoddard created for us and can't thank him enough for his time and thoughtfulness in putting it together.

Profile Picture Christine, 9/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

It was such a pleasure working with Stoddard. He truly made our ceremony beautiful and so special. He provided us the material so we were able to put our personal touch in every vow, reading and blessing. What we loved most was his own twist of our story that he read and we heard for the first time the day of our wedding. Not only did he provide services on our special day, but he was there to guide us and council us the days leading up to the wedding. I would recommend him to anyone who is getting married in the future, he is the perfect touch to making your wedding day unique, memorable and all your own.

Profile Picture Adrienne, 9/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

If there was one part of our wedding that went flawlessly, it was the officiant. Stoddard was confident, comforting and simply put… Wise. He made the process of choosing vows, selecting the proper verbiage, what to include, what not to include… All so very… Easy. He has a soft, caring, eloquent speech. We could not have asked for more. I would and will continue to recommend Stoddard for any and all officiant needs. He is truly the best.

Photo for Massachusetts Justice of the Peace Stoddard H. Melhado Review
Profile Picture Sarena, 9/15/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Loved him!!! Couldn't ask for better :)

Profile Picture Brittany, 9/10/17, 1 Review