330 Reviews for Massachusetts Justice of the Peace Stoddard H. Melhado

Jewish (1)
Buddhist (1)
Earth-Based (1)
329 Massachusetts Justice of the Peace Stoddard H. Melhado Reviews

Stoddard was amazing! Before we met with Stoddard, neither one of us knew what a ceremony entailed. He went through the ceremony and the different choices that we would make for readings. He sent us home with information and sent an email with a bunch of different readings and options for us to pick from. The ceremony that we put together was so nice and was very personalized to us. Stoddard was always quick to respond to my many emails. He wasn't available to do our rehearsal, as he was already booked, but we had his wife, Ky, stand in for him. She was great. She helped to make sure everyone felt comfortable for the day of the wedding. On the day of the wedding, Stoddard stopped in to give me a pep talk. Ky then stayed with me until the ceremony started and made sure I was relaxed (as much as I could be) and ready to go. My day wouldn't have been the same without them. Thank you Stoddard for delivering such a beautiful ceremony!

Profile Picture Christina, 8/11/18, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Rehearsal, Customized Vows

From the outset of our first meeting with Stoddard we immediately knew he would be our JP! His mannerisms, knowledge and skill were very clear, and his gentle personality shone throughout the process. He gave us tons of information to help us craft our ceremony exactly as we wanted it. We are thrilled that we chose Stoddard to lead us through our ceremony. Thank you, Stoddard!

Profile Picture Phil, 8/3/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Stoddard was an amazing JP. My husband and I are so thrilled with our ceremony. People commented on how genuine the ceremony was. Stoddard meets with you personally to share TONS of ideas and info to make the ceremony yours. And if you don’t like what he has, you can always send him something new. There is a lot of flexibility to make the ceremony what you want. In the first meeting, he listened to “the story of us”. On our wedding day, he read aloud his take on our story which was both funny and heartwarming. It was truly a special touch. Not only was Stoddard there for us on our wedding day, but he also made a point to check in with us during our rehearsal. He wanted to make sure our stress levels were low so that we could truly cherish the moment with each other. He cared for us all the way through and I would recommend him to anyone looking for a Justice of the Peace. I know JPs have a reputation for being less personal but that is not the case with Stoddard. We are so grateful to him. Thank you Stoddard, for making our ceremony so memorable!

Profile Picture Meaghan, 7/28/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Stoddard was the absolute best! He took the time to answer all our questions and walked us through the process step by step. The day of the wedding he was a complete professional and really helped us keep our cool. I couldn't recommend him enough.

Profile Picture mark, 7/6/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Stoddard was amazing. From the start of the process, Stoddard took the time to answer all our questions and walk us through the ceremony process. On the day of the wedding he kept us organized and made us feel comfortable and confident through every step. He did a fantastic job, he’s a real pro!

Profile Picture Mark, 7/6/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Stoddard was an absolute pleasure to work with! He made sure to make our ceremony about us and our story. As we were building our ceremony Stoddard was so helpful offering ideas and suggestions to help us create something perfect for us! During our reception so many of our friends and family commented on how perfect they thought it was. If you are looking for a Justice of the Peace, look no further!

Profile Picture Kathryn , 6/30/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Stoddard was amazing. From our first instance in meeting him in person, to our rehearsal at the venue, to the moments before walking down the isle he was always caring, prompt and prepared. He made our ceremony so special for us and all of our guests. He's a class act, Look no further!

Profile Picture Courtney, 6/22/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Stoddard was a pleasure to work with! He really went above and beyond to make sure that our ceremony was exactly what we wanted. I loved that he did a little story of our relationship and engagement. It felt very personal and special. He was very helpful and understanding of what we wanted to include in our ceremony. I would highly recommend Stoddard to help make your ceremony so special.

Profile Picture Sam, 6/17/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

My husband and I were married by Stoddard in June 2018 and we are so happy we chose him! We met with a few JP's in the area which were all good, but once we met with Stoddard we knew we found "the one". He is so sweet and truly wanted to get to know us. He was extremely professional and provided all of the necessary information we needed to structure our ceremony how we wanted, with many samples of readings, blessings, and vows. At our rehearsal, Stoddard was efficient and great at giving direction to our large wedding party. We loved that he listened to our story the first time we met him and incorporated a short reading about our relationship during our ceremony. Many of our family members told us that they loved hearing "the story of us". We highly recommend Stoddard!

Profile Picture Ericka, 6/16/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

My husband and I got married on June 9th and there honestly aren’t enough good things we can say about Stoddard! You should look no further if you want a ceremony that is memorable, personal, and well put together! Stoddard was great from the start. He was informative and welcoming during our first meeting with him – telling us everything we needed to know about how he conducts ceremonies as well as taking the time to get to know us and our story. In the few months prior to the wedding, he sent us a draft of our ceremony and clearly marked the places where we could make it more personal with readings, vows, blessings, and other elements (he provided many options for each part). Stoddard made the process easy and seamless and he was always quick to respond to emails. The weekend of the wedding, he was on time for everything, showed up prepared, and provided the direction we needed to make sure the ceremony went well. Not only is Stoddard a great officiant, but he is a kind and friendly person. You can tell he really loves what he does. During our reception, we had more people than we could count tell us how much they loved the ceremony. Someone even told us it was the best ceremony he has ever witnessed! We couldn’t agree more! Thank you to Stoddard for helping to make our wedding day perfect and for giving us a ceremony we will never forget!

Profile Picture Maura, 6/9/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Stoddard Melhado went above and beyond what we ever expected, and we could not have been happier with our choice. We eloped with our two dogs, and he made our day feel special and truly memorable. Although we only met in person twice, he took the time to get to know us and our story; we felt like he knew us by the end, and he could tailor his own part of the ceremony for us. He even welcomed us into his home to meet his 6 dogs! He guided us and provided the right amount of support so that we could realize what we wanted and ensure we had the ceremony of our dreams. Stoddard is a genuinely caring and welcoming person, and we would highly recommend him as Justice of the Peace.

Photo for Massachusetts Justice of the Peace Stoddard H. Melhado Review
Profile Picture Andrea, 6/8/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Mr. Melhado provided a thoughtful and personalized ceremony and everyone commented on how wonderful our ceremony was. We would recommend him to anyone!

Profile Picture Kathryn, 6/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Stoddard provided us with the most beautiful and personalized ceremony. Throughout the process he was responsive and worked with me to really understand what I was looking for. The end result was just perfect. I cannot say enough about him.

Profile Picture Julia, 5/26/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Stoddard made our ceremony so special and unforgettable. He is reliable, professional, and flexible, and easy to communicate. He learned about our relationship during our initial consultation, and he incorporated those anecdotes into our ceremony. We received lots of compliments from our guests that our ceremony was very touching and beautiful. The ceremony was the most memorable part of the whole night! Thank you, Stoddard! :)

Profile Picture Marina, 5/19/18, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Rehearsal, Non-religious, Vow Renewal

Stoddard was absolutely amazing! He did everything to make our special day memorable. I would recommend him to my friends who are planning on getting married!

Profile Picture Cassandra , 5/18/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Stoddard made our ceremony for our spring wedding unforgettable. He tailored the ceremony to be personal and unique to us. Throughout the entire planning process, Stoddard was very responsive to emails and was a calming presence on our wedding day. He made sure we were comfortable and that everything went smoothly. We highly recommend him!

Profile Picture Brittany, 5/12/18, 7 Reviews
Category: Officiant

My wife and I cannot say enough good things about the experience we had with Stoddard. From the initial meeting at his house, we immediately knew we made the right decision. He welcomed us into his home and made us feel extremely comfortable from the first minute. It was really easy talking with him about our relationship, providing him with details that he would use for our ceremony. The rehearsal and ceremony were no different. He put us at ease immediately, handling the logistics, wedding licenses, etc. The story he told of our relationship had the perfect combination of sincerity and humor that was well received by both us and the audience. We were also pleasantly surprised to hear that Stoddard was even able to recall all the destinations we have traveled to. We couldn’t have been happier with the decision we made. Thank you, Stoddard!

Profile Picture Matthew, 5/5/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Stoddard is an amazing, incredible wedding officiant. As a couple living in London, but getting married in Boston, he was very flexible with our needs and was able to create such a lovely and funny anecdote about us from just meeting us in person the day before the wedding! I highly recommend him as he was so kind in what can be a stressful day, and had our guests in fits of laughter and tears of joy throughout the ceremony.

Profile Picture Amiliah, 3/17/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Stoddard was simply outstanding and orchestrated a beautiful wedding ceremony. He was professional, reliable, prompt, and very flexible in ensuring the ceremony was exactly what we wanted. From our initial consultation he learned about our relationship and incorporated anecdotes into the ceremony which made for a unique and personalized ceremony. We would recommend Stoddard to any one of our friends.

Profile Picture Eva, 3/1/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Stoddard made the ceremony planning process wonderful. He allowed us to create exactly what we wanted and guided us along the way. Our goal was to keep the ceremony under 30 minutes and he made sure to fit in everything in 25! We actually had guests telling us that it was the best ceremony they had ever witnessed, because it fit our personalities so perfectly. I did not expect to receive so many compliments on the ceremony!

Photo for Massachusetts Justice of the Peace Stoddard H. Melhado Review - Carly Michelle Photography
Profile Picture Olivia, 2/24/18, 12 Reviews
Services Used: Rehearsal, Customized Vows, No Denomination

We had a JP that had to back out at the last minute and we contacted Stoddard and at first I was nervous because we had found someone we loved but to my surprise he was amazing!! From the moment we started communicating he was professional and friendly. But the best part was his service and the things he wrote up on his own. I love him and highly recommend him!!!

Profile Picture Dawn, 2/22/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My husband and I thought long and hard about who we wanted to officiate our wedding but we wanted to make sure it was done professionally and smoothly, therefore we wanted somebody experienced. I looked for JP’s who had some of the highest reviews and most experience, and Stoddard Melhado was at the top of the list. What sealed the deal for hiring Stoddard, was when we visited his website we learned he was an avid dog lover (and rescuer) as well as a retired educator (specifically, school counselor like myself!). We went to meet Stoddard at his home back in October and were blown away with his attention to detail, specific options we were able to choose from, and of course, adorable grey hound dogs we got to meet after our meeting. Stoddard personalized our entire ceremony and made sure it was exactly what we wanted for our wedding day.

Photo for Massachusetts Justice of the Peace Stoddard H. Melhado Review
Profile Picture Rachel, 2/18/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

My wife and I felt it most important that our ceremony felt personal and intimate. Family, close friends, and a private environment were sure to meet our expectations. Who we chose to officiate our wedding was just as important. From the minute we met Stoddard, we knew that he would accommodate our personal style.

We could tell immediately that Stoddard was genuine and dedicated to his expertise. We were offered plenty of information and suggestions to guide us through the ceremonial process. Furthermore, Stoddard was communicative and personable thgouhout the weeks approaching the ceremony.

His performance on the day of was exactly what we could have hoped for. We heard nothing but good comments from our guest regarding his delivery and presentation.

We couldn't have been happier with our choice and would recommend Stoddard to any of our friends and family in the future!

Profile Picture Jonathan, 2/3/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Stoddard made our wedding ceremony more beautiful than I thought it could ever be. He invited us into his home and got to know us which he then shared during our ceremony. This was such a wonderful personal touch and a surprise to us! I emailed back and forth with Stoddard to get his opinion on things such as what to write on the programs and he was happy to help. Stoddard also helped me write a beautiful statement to my new stepdaughter. There was not a dry eye. I highly recommend working with Stoddard!

Profile Picture Brianna, 1/13/18, 2 Reviews