Marywood Retreat & Conference Center Reviews

Marywood Retreat & Conference Center 6
Marywood Retreat & Conference Center 7

Diane Wisniewski · Married on 07/20/2019

Exceptional

We had our daughter’s reception at the beautiful Marywood Retreat Center. I can’t say enough about the entire staff and Ansley, Matt and the chef. From the moment we called Marywood to inquire about the venue to the day of the reception, Ansley (and Matt) were always very responsive, going above and beyond to meet any requests and handle last minute changes. Ansley was a blessing during the entire process always providing recommendations and suggestions to make this a truly perfect reception! The bridal suite was perfect for all of the bridal party to get ready and the breakfast and brunch provided by the chef was so delicious! We have received many compliments from our guests on how beautiful the riverfront property, the River Room and everything was, the tentativeness of the staff during cocktail hour through dinner until the grand exit. The food was so delicious and the chef was accommodating to special requests. We also had many guests stay in the lovely renovated overnight villas, and they had a very comfortable stay with great service provided by the staff at Marywood. I would highly recommend Marywood, Ansley, Matt, the chef, and the entire staff at Marywood for any wedding or other event. They are the best in the business for providing top notch service and a truly memorable event!

Sent on 08/22/2019

Kelsey Davis · Married on 05/03/2019

Amazing reception venue!!!

My husband and I loved every minute of our wedding at Marywood. Ansley and Matt were so easy to work with and met our every need! This venue has at all, a church, reception hall, hotel rooms all on the same property! Our guests loved the convince and the view of the river is beautiful. The food was also amazing. We couldn’t have asked for a better venue and staff. Ansley and Matt made our wedding everything we hoped it would be and more!!!!

Sent on 05/12/2019

Bethana Bemben · Married on 11/10/2018

Best Venue Ever

Maywood venue and the staff was amazing! Ansley is the sweetest person ever! During a very stressful time, she worked diligently with me to make every detail of my wedding perfect. The venue is newly remodeled and is absolutely beautiful. I could not have dreamed of a better venue for my wedding. The food was amazing, setting was amazing, Ansley was amazing, and all of the other Marywood staff was amazing!!

Sent on 12/26/2018

Anne Weaver · Married on 11/04/2018

Marywood - a Fantastic Venue

We booked Marywood for a wedding that was last month. The coordinator Ansley was fabulous, as were the setting, scenery (on the St Johns River), beautiful chapel, and wonderful reception with outstanding food! The location was perfect as was everyone we dealt with there. Ansley assured me everything would be perfect, and it was!!!

Sent on 12/26/2018
    Marywood Retreat & Conference Center 8
    Marywood Retreat & Conference Center 9
    Marywood Retreat & Conference Center 10
  • Austin

Austin · Married on 11/03/2018

Marywood Retreat Center

I wish I could write a novel about this place!! ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!! It is because of Marywood Retreat Center that my wedding was PERFECTION! Matt, Ansley, and Shawn are the perfect team to make your dream wedding come true! The atmosphere is beyond superb and absolutely perfect!
    I had my whole wedding there-- myself and immediate family stayed on site in the Inn and accommodating rooms, my ceremony was in the chapel, and the reception in retreat center. I have no critiques that could make my day anymore perfect! The entire staff is EXTREMELY accommodating, everything was perfect! Even though my wedding was a month ago, I still have family members contacting me about the atmosphere, the food, the venue as a whole, and all they say is positive complements! There is absolutely no need for a wedding planner if you have Marywood Retreat Center as your venue, everything will be taken care of. I had this venue booked 2 years in advance and as of right now, they are only accepting Catholic members... But the planning and wedding went flawless. It was because of Matt, Ansley, and Shawn that I was stress-free prior to, during, and after the wedding.
    I cannot thank Marywood Retreat Center enough, my wedding was complete perfection and ANY wedding party would be beyond satisfied if they choose this venue!
    **I only have the sample photos as of right now... I will try to upload more photos when I have them...

Sent on 11/28/2018

Jean · Married on 03/10/2018

The Marywood Retreat and Conference Center was the most beautiful place! The photo opportunities were endless, especially the sunset pictures overlooking the river. The staff was wonderful, the catering was delicious, and the planning staff was extremely helpful. You need to see this place to appreciate the natural beauty!

Sent on 04/30/2018
    Marywood Retreat & Conference Center 11
    Marywood Retreat & Conference Center 12

Natalie · Married on 05/30/2015

My husband and I cannot say enough positive things about our experience with Marywood. We had a beautiful ceremony at San Juan Del Rio Catholic Church (where we were welcomed with open arms even though we are parishioners at a Church across town) and then had the most enjoyable wedding reception at Marywood. We really enjoyed the convenience of having the ceremony and the reception all in the same area. The reception room at Marywood overlooks a beautiful landscape and has a water view. The wedding pictures we were able to take have breathtaking backdrops due to the landscaping. My favorite pictures from our wedding day have massive, majestic trees in the background. If you love photography in nature then Marywood is perfect for you. I also have to compliment the catering. Marywood outdid themselves with the variety of food options they give brides. Everything is delicious. I had 150 guests and a dance floor and we had plenty of space plus enough room for the buffet tables. Marywood also takes care of setting up tables, providing tablecloths, seat covers, and all dishes and cutlery. They literally make everything so easy for the bride. I also loved the uniqueness of this venue. None of my wedding guests had ever been here, so it was really nice to show everyone such a hidden gem!

Sent on 05/02/2018