CT JP Mary Pugh Reviews

CT JP Mary Pugh 1
  • Melissa

Melissa Love · Getting married on 11/02/2019

Amazing officiant

Mary Pugh is amazing! She just officiated my ceremony and she absolutely hit it out of the ballpark. She is soft and gentle when she needs to be, with a formidable, strong voice that demands attention and respect. She was also so lovely to talk to, easing my anxiety and tension with assurance that everything will go as planned. My brother happened to be late, and this threw the timing of things off slightly and yet Mary was so patient and understanding- a real gem! Do not hesitate to hire her as she’s a cut above the rest. A beautiful officiator
    who is impeccably organized, warm and generous with her time.
    I’m sure she get’s booked often so make sure you secure her asap.

Sent on 09/05/2019

Hi Melissa and John,
    What a delightful review...wow... thanks so much. You made my day!

I am so happy that you are both so happy with my services!..I love performing weddings....and it is couples like you...that make it so much fun! I enjoyed meeting your family... it was such a beautiful day...after that huge pouring rainstorm.
    Take wonderful care of each other!!

Beautiful couple with years of happiness to share together.

Melissa · Married on 10/12/2019

Wonderful experience

Mary is informative and professional. I highly recommend her!!

Sent on 10/13/2019

Robert Onofrio · Married on 09/14/2019

Great officiant

Mary did a great job. Our venue was changed very last minute and she came to the rescue.
    She made our day very special and calmed us down as we were very stressed with the venue change. We are very pleased with our choice and you would be happy hiring her

Sent on 09/30/2019

Nicole · Married on 07/27/2019

Perfect Day, Perfect JOP!

My fiance and I finally tied the knot on our 10 year anniversary last Friday. We were so lucky to have Mary there for our ceremony. We were able to meet with her to talk about what we wanted for the ceremony, and this gave us the opportunity to get to know her a bit, as we were nervous. Mary helped to calm our nerves, and our wedding day went smoothly (except for when our best man almost dropped my wedding ring into the ocean!) Mary is incredibly kind and caring. She is very outgoing and animated, and this adds to the overall ceremony. What is even more special is that Mary takes photos and videos of the ceremony and shares it with you via DropBox. I got some truly lovely photos from her shared with me the day after our wedding. Mary truly has a passion for her job, and I highly recommend her.

Sent on 04/01/2019
    CT JP Mary Pugh 2

CT JP Mary Pugh's reply:

What a lovely review!! You are so kind. Yes, I love helping my couples have a fabulous wedding! Such a beautiful couple.
    It is such fun!!
    Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!!

• Kathryn

Kathryn Tooker · Married on 06/21/2019

Extremely kind and helpful!

Mary is an incredibly caring and helpful officiant! She shared a treasure trove of materials/forms/scripts - everything from how to apply for a marriage license to how to change your last name. It turned out we decided to cancel our booking when a close family friend offered to officiate. Mary was so kind and understanding about the situation. She was happy for us that we would have a meaningful connection to our officiant. We are so grateful for all of the help Mary provided in a short time. It is clear she has her clients' best interests at heart!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Hi Kathryn
    Thanks so much for the kind review.... Yes, sometimes plans change....and typically for the better.
    I wish you a fabulous wedding.... enjoy every second of it and Enjoy each Other for the reset of your lives.

Mary
  • Johanna

Johanna Iniguez · Married on 05/25/2019

Amazing!!!!!!

Mary was amazing! My hair and makeup ran late... like an hour late and she was extremely patient and understanding. We were so lucky to have her. My family loved you and so did I. Thank you for the ceremony video as well as the lovely photos you took. Thanks again for making our special day so memorable!

Sent on 05/26/2019

CT JP Mary Pugh's reply:

Your wedding was so great...and I happy I could make it extra special!!
    I am glad you loved the photos and video- I know how important it is to share quickly after the wedding!!
    Thanks again for taking the time to write such a lovely review!!

Angie · Married on 05/19/2019

Beautiful ceremony

Mary was great. We had such a great ceremony and she provides with so much helpful information; making our day unique. She was very responsive and truly happy she officiated our ceremony

Sent on 06/24/2019

CT JP Mary Pugh's reply:

Your wedding was so great! I loved helping you to make it unique!!

Thanks for the wonderful review, too. Such a thoughtful and special couple... I know you will take wonderful care of each other!
  • Maureen

Maureen · Married on 05/04/2019

Beautiful Ceremony

Mary officiated our wedding on Saturday and she was absolutely wonderful! Not only did she take the time to meet with us beforehand to talk about the ceremony, she was always very responsive to emails to answer any questions we had. She got to the ceremony site a bit early and took some photos of the bridal party outside doing photos and other candids of our guests which I soooo appreciated! Especially since we will need to wait 8 weeks for the professional photos to get to us. The ceremony went beautifully and even though there was a little hiccup with the string quartet, Mary addressed it gracefully and made light of the awkward situation, making everyone laugh. I can’t thank her enough for her professionalism, attention to detail, and grace. The photos of us at the end and with our rings were beautiful.

Sent on 05/05/2019

CT JP Mary Pugh's reply:

What a great wedding!! So much fun... in spite of the crazy weather!!
    Thanks for the wonderful review... , The music was great!

You are so sweet to share your thoughts with future brides and grooms! It really makes a difference!

Lisa · Married on 12/22/2018

Personalized ceremony

Mary did such an amazing job on our ceremony! It was important to us that our wedding not just be about us, but the people around us, which is something I didn’t think we would achieve with the ceremony itself. However, Mary’s words conveyed that message perfectly. My family keeps telling me how touching and beautiful it was. Mary also provided a lot of information on different types of ceremonies, reading options, and general info on wedding planning which was super helpful. I truly couldn’t be happier with how everything turned out.

Sent on 01/13/2019

CT JP Mary Pugh's reply:

What a wonderful wedding and a great family- you are surrounded by love!

I am so happy you found the information I provide helpful. Couples are so busy,...and it is hard to plan without a lot of info to help out!
    Thanks again for the super review and say Hi to your family for me. Take wonderful care of each other!!!! :-)

Melissa Branco · Married on 12/15/2018

Best JP in CT!

Mary made our wedding ceremony so memorable! She provided us with wedding ceremony templates and readings, which allowed us to create our own special celebration. Mary's years of experience were extremely helpful in preparing us for what to expect on the big day. Mary was very professional and responsive. I would definitely recommend Mary Pugh as an officiant!

Sent on 01/05/2019

Melissa,
    Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. I love performing weddings...and I love it when my couples are so happy! You both look so beautiful together..... everything about your wedding was very beautiful and happy!! Take wonderful care of each other and thank you again for taking the time to send such a wonderful and kind review.

Milliane Bloom · Married on 10/03/2018

Wonderful wedding by the beach

I cannot express how grateful we are to have had Mary with us during our special day. She is a passionate and incredible professional. Extremely loving and sensitive, thoughtful and fun! She made everything so easy and organized. Her soft voice and polished written scripts adds an extra touch of love in the air during the ceremony. Perfect!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Milliane,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review... I appreciate it so much. You have some exciting times ahead...all the holidays!
    Enjoy and take wonderful care of each other!!

Heather · Married on 09/29/2018

Mary officiated our wedding in Simsbury, CT recently, and was completely wonderful. In the planning stages, she allowed us the flexibility to craft a ceremony that we were comfortable with, and that reflected who my wife and I are as individuals, and as a couple. Mary’s ceremonies are eloquently written and beautifully arranged, and we ended up using a ceremony she had written with some minor personal customization. It turned out lovely. On our wedding day, Mary arrived to our venue early, making sure that everything was in order for our ceremony to run smoothly. She also took a still video of our ceremony, and provided her own Bluetooth sound system for us to use for our ceremony music. It also had a microphone attached for us to use during the ceremony. Just a few hours after our ceremony, Mary had already sent us the video and photos that she took, as well as a scanned copy of our completed marriage license. We are very pleased with the work that Mary did to make sure that our wedding ceremony was successful and beautiful. We highly recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding officiant in CT!

Sent on 10/02/2018

CT JP Mary Pugh's reply:

So happy to be helpful. Such a great couple! I enjoyed meeting you and finding ways to make your wedding special..

Thanks for your recommendations....so helpful for me!

Nathan · Married on 09/15/2018

Mary was very friendly and easy to work with. She wanted to make sure our day went the way we wanted it! She had lots of references and examples to help us plan. She took the time to get to know us and what we were looking for. She walked us through the ceremony to make sure we were prepared. And she did a great job running the ceremony! She did a lovely dramatic reading, with her beautiful voice and careful prosody. She improvised around minor glitches, and made sure everything went smoothly.

Sent on 09/18/2018

CT JP Mary Pugh's reply:

What a delightful review from a delightful couple..... so easy to work with....and such a personal and unique approach to your wedding!! I could feel the joy surrounding you both....thanks again for a great review. I appreciate it so much. I KNOW you will take wonderful care of each other. :-)

Eric · Married on 09/01/2018

Mary is the best. She's so nice. We are so happy that we could have Mary be our wedding officiant.

Sent on 09/08/2018

CT JP Mary Pugh's reply:

You two are the best!! Thanks for the review.... It means so much to me.
    Your wedding was so much fun! I was thrilled to be a part of it.

Carol · Married on 07/14/2018

Mary is fabulous. She will make your day special.

Sent on 07/17/2018

Carol,
    Your wedding was great...it was fun working with you... Thanks for taking the time to write such a fabulous review!!
    Take wonderful care of each other!!

Chris · Married on 06/02/2018

Mary Pugh has completely exceeded our expectations as a justice of peace. She does not only marry you, she provides an extensive amount of material to use for your ceremony. Several scripts with various vow options, using traditional and/or personal. She even provides samples for popular ceremony music, as well as takes pictures for you! She is very fast to respond to questions, and the day after our wedding she already had uploaded pictures and videos for us. She provides you every piece of information and document you will need, and a complete rehearsal guide. With Mary Pugh as your officiant you can feel very confident and relieved because she is extremely organized and has the situational awareness to keep things perfect for you. She makes this as easy as possible for you.

We were blown away with everything she provided for us. She did a great job, has a great voice, and dressed professionally (you are also given many options on what she wears). Extremely happy we picked her for our wedding, she is a top choice.

Sent on 06/12/2018

Chris,

Wow! Thanks for such a great review! I appreciate it so much.
    I enjoyed your wedding- such a special day!! It is all those special little touches that make it memorable forever! Thanks for letting me be a part of your super wedding! Take wonderful care of each other!!

jessica · Married on 04/20/2018

Mary was so great and really made my ceremony great! She was also so kind to take pictures to share!

Sent on 04/27/2018

Jessica,
    Thank you so much for choosing me to be your wedding officiant. Such a fun day!! I really was happy to read your review...so sweet of you to share your experience with me. Take wonderful care of each other!!

0 0 · Married on 02/14/2018

We were married on 2/14/2018 by Mary Pugh in Darien, CT and could not be happier with Mary Pugh's professionalism and guidance while planning and conducting the ceremony together. She really made the very small event be Special! If you want a most meaningful, organized with details, and hassle–free wedding ceremony, you will be glad you called Mary Pugh, Justice of the Peace in Connecticut. She does weddings in a large part of Connecticut.

Sent on 03/13/2018

CT JP Mary Pugh's reply:

Yay, Valentine's Day weddings are the BEST! It was so much fun making it special for you! Thank you for choosing me....AND for writing such a great review... it made my day! Thank you again.....and take wonderful care of each other!

Liz · Married on 01/19/2018

Mary was amazing! She answers the phone and is so helpful and sweet from the start! She helped releave some of the nervousness!!

Sent on 01/21/2018

Liz,
    Yes ..it is critical that a couple has easy and quick access to their officiant! We can have such a great time...planning the wedding and making it not only unique, but one that fits the couple!! Thanks for the great review!!

stacy · Married on 01/07/2018

wonderful officiant. mary was warm, personable, responsive, and flexible with our planning. She works with you to make sure you have the wedding you want.

Sent on 01/22/2018

Stacy,
    Thank you for such a wonderful review! So kind of you to share your experience. I love adding those little touches that make a ceremony special!

Jennifer · Married on 01/06/2018

Wonderful officiant! We were married by Mary on the coldest day of the year 1/6/18! She was such a delight to work with; very through and she made the process and day so easy! I had no worries with Mary there. She did a wonderful job with our ceremony, including a hand ceremony and blessing of the rings. She made everything go smoothly. She even took so many pictures afterwards and a video of the ceremony. We didn't get a videographer, and when we got the video of our ceremony I was SO happy she recorded it! I would highly recommend Mary - definitely lives up to the name Ct's TOP JP! :) -- Jennifer L.

Sent on 01/21/2018

CT JP Mary Pugh's reply:

Thank you for the lovely review...you are both so sweet! I really appreciate it.

Your wedding was so beautiful! Take wonderful care of each other!
    I am so happy you loved the video!

A · Married on 10/17/2017

Mary was very friendly and welcoming. We were very happy to have her officiate our ceremony as she made it truly special. She is very accommodating and ensures that your day is truly one to remember.

Sent on 10/18/2017

CT JP Mary Pugh's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review.
    I really appreciate it. Your wedding was so lovely by the water... you looked like a princess!! Such a beautiful couple.

Thanks again...and take wonderful care of each other!!

Amanda · Married on 10/08/2017

My husband and I are so grateful to Mary for assisting us with our private vow ceremony this past weekend. We were thrilled to be able to be wed on our terms separate from the formal ceremony that we are having to please our families. She was very responsive and accommodating and even offered to postpone the ceremony by a few hours which gave her a tight schedule due to weather. Definitely worth every penny. Thanks so much Mary!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Amanda,
    You are such a sweetheart to write me a review. I really appreciate it. Your wedding was so sweet.-- I am glad we missed that hard downpour of rain... it would have blown into the gazebo!!

Take wonderful care of each other and thank you again!

Johny · Married on 10/08/2017

Thanks for helping us with our private ceremony Mary. She was very professional and answered promptly whenever we had a question throughout the process.

Sent on 10/10/2017

Johny,
    Thank you for your kind words. Such a special and sweet couple, You looked so happy!!
    I am happy that was able to help you....and enjoy your family wedding soon!
    Let me know if you need anything..... thanks again

Amanda · Married on 10/06/2017

Mary was fabulous! She did such a great job with directions of what to do the day of. She did a wonderful job with the ceremony. She printed out our ceremony/vows in a beautiful folder and even got us tons of pictures of all the decor and guests the night of the wedding! I was so happy for this because we got to see all the beautiful decor and not have to wait for our photographer. She really went above and beyond and is worth far more than every penny spent.

Sent on 10/09/2017

Amanda and Gregory,
    Thank you for the wonderful and fast review!! Wow, what a sweet couple writing great reviews while enjoying MAUI!! Great and thoughtful couple.....

Reviews mean a lot in this business. That is often a life safer for couples...who otherwise, would have no idea who can help them have a great day.

I really appreciate it....and know your thoughtfulness will be a part of your lives together. Take Wonderful care of each other...I KNOW you will so beautiful inside and out!