98 Reviews for Mary Pugh, CT's Top Justice of the Peace

Single Religion (1)
Rehearsal (1)
No Denomination (1)
97 Mary Pugh, CT's Top Justice of the Peace Reviews

Mary was amazing! She answers the phone and is so helpful and sweet from the start! She helped releave some of the nervousness!!

Profile Picture Liz, 1/19/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

wonderful officiant. mary was warm, personable, responsive, and flexible with our planning. She works with you to make sure you have the wedding you want.

Profile Picture stacy, 1/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Wonderful officiant! We were married by Mary on the coldest day of the year 1/6/18! She was such a delight to work with; very through and she made the process and day so easy! I had no worries with Mary there. She did a wonderful job with our ceremony, including a hand ceremony and blessing of the rings. She made everything go smoothly. She even took so many pictures afterwards and a video of the ceremony. We didn't get a videographer, and when we got the video of our ceremony I was SO happy she recorded it! I would highly recommend Mary - definitely lives up to the name Ct's TOP JP! :) -- Jennifer L.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 1/6/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Mary was very friendly and welcoming. We were very happy to have her officiate our ceremony as she made it truly special. She is very accommodating and ensures that your day is truly one to remember.

Profile Picture A, 10/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My husband and I are so grateful to Mary for assisting us with our private vow ceremony this past weekend. We were thrilled to be able to be wed on our terms separate from the formal ceremony that we are having to please our families. She was very responsive and accommodating and even offered to postpone the ceremony by a few hours which gave her a tight schedule due to weather. Definitely worth every penny. Thanks so much Mary!

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Thanks for helping us with our private ceremony Mary. She was very professional and answered promptly whenever we had a question throughout the process.

Profile Picture Johny, 10/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Mary was fabulous! She did such a great job with directions of what to do the day of. She did a wonderful job with the ceremony. She printed out our ceremony/vows in a beautiful folder and even got us tons of pictures of all the decor and guests the night of the wedding! I was so happy for this because we got to see all the beautiful decor and not have to wait for our photographer. She really went above and beyond and is worth far more than every penny spent.

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/6/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Mary was our JP on Labor Day Weekend this year. I will tell you she really is CT's top Justice of the Peace. She knows her stuff! She sent us at least 50 wedding scripts that we could pick from and/or customize, which is what we did. She is such a warm and personable person- not only to the groom and I but to each guest at the wedding.
She even went around during cocktail hour after the ceremony, talking to the guests and taking their photos, which she then sent to us, which really meant a lot to us, because my husband and I were off with the professional photographer during cocktail hour so we didn't get to see all the fun stuff our guests were doing!
Mary was also extremely helpful in giving myself, the groom, and our bridal party tips on how to do things so that the ceremony went smoothly. I can't thank her enough for making our wedding so special!

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/30/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Very helpful, offered plenty of great tips and was always very prompt on responding, would absolutely recommend!

Profile Picture Mark, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Mary was the best!!! She helped us every step of the way and was so responsive in any questions we had throughout the planning process. She also gave us so much information (tips for the ceremony, diagrams, ceremony script examples, name change kits etc.) that made the process so much easier! She helped make our ceremony unique and just the way we wanted. She also took such great pictures and a video of the ceremony and uploaded the NIGHT of so we were able to see some of the great shots right away. We strongly recommend her to everyone!

Profile Picture Jahna, 9/16/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Mary was AWESOME! She is a true professional. She was very easy to work with and very responsive to my ideas. Her knowledge and expertise in essential when you are planning your special day! She knows exactly what needs to be done and gives you all the information so there are no surprises. She fulfilled all our request with ease. 09/25/2017 Best Day Ever. Thank You Mary - Laurie & Danny

Profile Picture Laurie, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed

She was absolutely wonderful as a wedding officiant. Exceedingly professional, punctual, and very helpful in all matters at the ceremony. I would highly recommend her for any type of wedding!

Profile Picture Muhammad Hamza, 8/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Mary's wedding ceremony was perfect! It was exactly what John and I were looking for! I would not change a thing, she thought of everything! Mary is the only one who videoed our ceremony to capture the memory forever! Stop looking for a JP, Mary Pugh is the one!

Profile Picture Santa, 7/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Mary was so easy to work with! She was straight forward, helpful and had some great recommendations. One of her thoughts was to stop and have a "second kiss" at the first row before we processed out. This ended up being one of our favorite pictures of the whole day. We are so happy we worked with her!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 5/27/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious, Customized Vows, Licensed

Mary was excellent! I can't say enough about her. Professional yet friendly. She was the first to reply and even called. Mary is accommodating and wants to make your day as special as possible. Cost for Ceremony, Still Video and Pictures is very reasonable. She prepared a customized laser cut portfolio with the personalized vows and certificate printed in a lovely font on elegant blue parchment paper with a gold seal which she gives to you as a gift from her. She will wear robes, a suit or whatever is appropriate. She has several colored robes and can also wear a non-religious stole which also comes in many colors.She even brings music with her and personalizes your Ceremony. When she sends you (Drop Box) video and pics she includes a list for changing your name - info and forms. A daunting task made easier by Mary! She is a notary and offers her services to you ... and it is complimentary. My husband and I just moved here so didn't know where to get married. Mary suggested places and sent info. I have already recommended Mary to a few folks and will continue to do so. I can see why she does so many weddings!

Profile Picture Karen, 4/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Mary Pugh was great since our first contact with her. She was one of the first Justices of the Peace to answer us back and she not only answered our email, but she called us to know more about what we wanted for our wedding - after that call we knew that her warm personality would be the best to celebrate our big day!
She was also very quick and thoughtful on answering emails and all of our doubts!

During the celebration it was clear to us that she was the best! Very warm person to everyone, very calm and also worried about broadcasting our wedding to our friends and family in Brazil - even them loved her!

We would highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Bruno, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Mary was SO great. She was helpful throughout the entire process. She adds so much to her services and makes them personal to you! She wrote such a beautiful script and found an even more gorgeous place for our very personal ceremony. She responded to all personal wants and demands and offered endless suggestions. She always responded to emails extremely efficiently and day of got our pictures and video to us within an hour. Being from the south and moving to the north she was so caring and it was like being with a longtime friend. She made us so comfortable and told us many stories to keep us at ease and make us laugh. I would recommend to anyone, big or small ceremony. She will do whatever you need and it is so obvious she cares about what she does! I absolutely loved it and was so glad she was part of our special day!

Profile Picture hayley, 6/20/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Single Religion

Mary Pugh is the best JP ever. We could not have chosen a better one. Professionalism is her last name. We highly recommend her to anyone who's looking to have an unforgettable ceremony. You will be as happy as we are.

Profile Picture Lucresse, 10/17/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We absolutely loved Mary! She was funny and witty and personable. The ceremony had all the elements I wanted. It was romantic without being sappy, and it had serious and lighthearted moments. Mary showed up early to meet with everyone involved to make sure the ceremony went off perfectly. I didn't have to do anything except walk down the aisle! She tailored the ceremony to be exactly what we wanted. Several guests approached me at the reception to say how much they liked our officiant! I can't recommend her highly enough!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/10/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Loved working with her, very sweet person. Listens to all your needs, I had last minute changes and it was not an issue with her. Love all the pictures she took as well as the video.

Profile Picture estefany, 9/26/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My wife and I do not have enough positive things to say about Mary. She was amazing to deal with and made the whole process easy and stress free. She helped us pull together a ceremony that was perfect for us and she even provided us a video of the whole thing the very next day, as well as a bunch of awesome photos she had taken. If you are looking for a great JP for your wedding, you really cannot go wrong with Mary. Thank-you so much!

Profile Picture Troy, 9/25/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Mary was very professional. She helped personalize our wedding the way we wanted!

Profile Picture Caitlin, 9/6/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We used Mary for our wedding because she was so enthusiastic when we spoke on the phone. You could tell it was more of a passion for her than just a job. She told us of all of the options that were available to us an ensured that we would get everything the way we wanted. She arrived early to get setup. She was very friendly to everyone there. Our ceremony was beautiful and exactly what we wanted. She took photos and video as well...could not ask for more. I would not hesitate to recommend Mary to anyone.

Profile Picture User5516876, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Mary Pugh is excellent. She is very professional and personable. She personalized our beachside sunset wedding ceremony to fit our desired theme. The dedicaton to my dad and sand ceremony was especially memorable. I truly enjoyed every moment of my ceremony. Her fees compared to what she offers is so worth every dollar. She clearly loves what she does and it resonates through her presentation... the video clip and snap shots of the ceremony was like icing on the "wedding" cake. I highly recommend Mary Pugh to officiate your wedding. She will make it extra special just for you!

Profile Picture Hope, 8/29/15, 1 Review