Mary Pugh, CT's Top Justice of the Peace Reviews

110 | Norwalk, CT

110 Reviews for Mary Pugh, CT's Top Justice of the Peace

110 Mary Pugh, CT's Top Justice of the Peace Reviews

Kathryn Tooker · Getting married on 06/21/2019

Extremely kind and helpful!

Mary is an incredibly caring and helpful officiant! She shared a treasure trove of materials/forms/scripts - everything from how to apply for a marriage license to how to change your last name. It turned out we decided to cancel our booking when a close family friend offered to officiate. Mary was so kind and understanding about the situation. She was happy for us that we would have a meaningful connection to our officiant. We are so grateful for all of the help Mary provided in a short time. It is clear she has her clients' best interests at heart!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Mary Pugh, CT's Top Justice of the Peace's reply:

Hi Kathryn Thanks so much for the kind review.... Yes, sometimes plans change....and typically for the better. I wish you a fabulous wedding.... enjoy every second of it and Enjoy each Other for the reset of your lives. Mary

Milliane Bloom · Married on 10/03/2018

Wonderful wedding by the beach

I cannot express how grateful we are to have had Mary with us during our special day. She is a passionate and incredible professional. Extremely loving and sensitive, thoughtful and fun! She made everything so easy and organized. Her soft voice and polished written scripts adds an extra touch of love in the air during the ceremony. Perfect!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Mary Pugh, CT's Top Justice of the Peace's reply:

Milliane, Thank you so much for your wonderful review... I appreciate it so much. You have some exciting times ahead...all the holidays! Enjoy and take wonderful care of each other!!

Heather · Married on 09/29/2018

Mary officiated our wedding in Simsbury, CT recently, and was completely wonderful. In the planning stages, she allowed us the flexibility to craft a ceremony that we were comfortable with, and that reflected who my wife and I are as individuals, and as a couple. Mary’s ceremonies are eloquently written and beautifully arranged, and we ended up using a ceremony she had written with some minor personal customization. It turned out lovely. On our wedding day, Mary arrived to our venue early, making sure that everything was in order for our ceremony to run smoothly. She also took a still video of our ceremony, and provided her own Bluetooth sound system for us to use for our ceremony music. It also had a microphone attached for us to use during the ceremony. Just a few hours after our ceremony, Mary had already sent us the video and photos that she took, as well as a scanned copy of our completed marriage license. We are very pleased with the work that Mary did to make sure that our wedding ceremony was successful and beautiful. We highly recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding officiant in CT!

Nathan · Married on 09/15/2018

Mary was very friendly and easy to work with. She wanted to make sure our day went the way we wanted it! She had lots of references and examples to help us plan. She took the time to get to know us and what we were looking for. She walked us through the ceremony to make sure we were prepared. And she did a great job running the ceremony! She did a lovely dramatic reading, with her beautiful voice and careful prosody. She improvised around minor glitches, and made sure everything went smoothly.

Sent on 09/18/2018

Mary Pugh, CT's Top Justice of the Peace's reply:

What a delightful review from a delightful couple..... so easy to work with....and such a personal and unique approach to your wedding!! I could feel the joy surrounding you both....thanks again for a great review. I appreciate it so much. I KNOW you will take wonderful care of each other. :-)

Eric · Married on 09/01/2018

Mary is the best. She's so nice. We are so happy that we could have Mary be our wedding officiant.

Carol · Married on 07/14/2018

Mary is fabulous. She will make your day special.

Sent on 07/17/2018

Mary Pugh, CT's Top Justice of the Peace's reply:

Carol, Your wedding was great...it was fun working with you... Thanks for taking the time to write such a fabulous review!! Take wonderful care of each other!!

Chris · Married on 06/02/2018

Mary Pugh has completely exceeded our expectations as a justice of peace. She does not only marry you, she provides an extensive amount of material to use for your ceremony. Several scripts with various vow options, using traditional and/or personal. She even provides samples for popular ceremony music, as well as takes pictures for you! She is very fast to respond to questions, and the day after our wedding she already had uploaded pictures and videos for us. She provides you every piece of information and document you will need, and a complete rehearsal guide. With Mary Pugh as your officiant you can feel very confident and relieved because she is extremely organized and has the situational awareness to keep things perfect for you. She makes this as easy as possible for you.

We were blown away with everything she provided for us. She did a great job, has a great voice, and dressed professionally (you are also given many options on what she wears). Extremely happy we picked her for our wedding, she is a top choice.

Sent on 06/12/2018

Mary Pugh, CT's Top Justice of the Peace's reply:

Chris, Wow! Thanks for such a great review! I appreciate it so much. I enjoyed your wedding- such a special day!! It is all those special little touches that make it memorable forever! Thanks for letting me be a part of your super wedding! Take wonderful care of each other!!

jessica · Married on 04/20/2018

Mary was so great and really made my ceremony great! She was also so kind to take pictures to share!

Sent on 04/27/2018

Mary Pugh, CT's Top Justice of the Peace's reply:

Jessica, Thank you so much for choosing me to be your wedding officiant. Such a fun day!! I really was happy to read your review...so sweet of you to share your experience with me. Take wonderful care of each other!!

0 0 · Married on 02/14/2018

We were married on 2/14/2018 by Mary Pugh in Darien, CT and could not be happier with Mary Pugh's professionalism and guidance while planning and conducting the ceremony together. She really made the very small event be Special! If you want a most meaningful, organized with details, and hassle–free wedding ceremony, you will be glad you called Mary Pugh, Justice of the Peace in Connecticut. She does weddings in a large part of Connecticut.

Sent on 03/13/2018

Mary Pugh, CT's Top Justice of the Peace's reply:

Yay, Valentine's Day weddings are the BEST! It was so much fun making it special for you! Thank you for choosing me....AND for writing such a great review... it made my day! Thank you again.....and take wonderful care of each other!

Liz · Married on 01/19/2018

Mary was amazing! She answers the phone and is so helpful and sweet from the start! She helped releave some of the nervousness!!

Sent on 01/21/2018

Mary Pugh, CT's Top Justice of the Peace's reply:

Liz, Yes ..it is critical that a couple has easy and quick access to their officiant! We can have such a great time...planning the wedding and making it not only unique, but one that fits the couple!! Thanks for the great review!!

stacy · Married on 01/07/2018

wonderful officiant. mary was warm, personable, responsive, and flexible with our planning. She works with you to make sure you have the wedding you want.

Sent on 01/22/2018

Mary Pugh, CT's Top Justice of the Peace's reply:

Stacy, Thank you for such a wonderful review! So kind of you to share your experience. I love adding those little touches that make a ceremony special! Take wonderful care of each other!

A · Married on 10/17/2017

Mary was very friendly and welcoming. We were very happy to have her officiate our ceremony as she made it truly special. She is very accommodating and ensures that your day is truly one to remember.

Sent on 10/18/2017

Mary Pugh, CT's Top Justice of the Peace's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I really appreciate it. Your wedding was so lovely by the water... you looked like a princess!! Such a beautiful couple. Thanks again...and take wonderful care of each other!!

Amanda · Married on 10/08/2017

My husband and I are so grateful to Mary for assisting us with our private vow ceremony this past weekend. We were thrilled to be able to be wed on our terms separate from the formal ceremony that we are having to please our families. She was very responsive and accommodating and even offered to postpone the ceremony by a few hours which gave her a tight schedule due to weather. Definitely worth every penny. Thanks so much Mary!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Mary Pugh, CT's Top Justice of the Peace's reply:

Amanda, You are such a sweetheart to write me a review. I really appreciate it. Your wedding was so sweet.-- I am glad we missed that hard downpour of rain... it would have blown into the gazebo!! Take wonderful care of each other and thank you again!

Johny · Married on 10/08/2017

Thanks for helping us with our private ceremony Mary. She was very professional and answered promptly whenever we had a question throughout the process.

Sent on 10/10/2017

Mary Pugh, CT's Top Justice of the Peace's reply:

Johny, Thank you for your kind words. Such a special and sweet couple, You looked so happy!! I am happy that was able to help you....and enjoy your family wedding soon! Let me know if you need anything..... thanks again

Amanda · Married on 10/06/2017

Mary was fabulous! She did such a great job with directions of what to do the day of. She did a wonderful job with the ceremony. She printed out our ceremony/vows in a beautiful folder and even got us tons of pictures of all the decor and guests the night of the wedding! I was so happy for this because we got to see all the beautiful decor and not have to wait for our photographer. She really went above and beyond and is worth far more than every penny spent.

Sent on 10/09/2017

Mary Pugh, CT's Top Justice of the Peace's reply:

Amanda and Gregory, Thank you for the wonderful and fast review!! Wow, what a sweet couple writing great reviews while enjoying MAUI!! Great and thoughtful couple..... Reviews mean a lot in this business. That is often a life safer for couples...who otherwise, would have no idea who can help them have a great day. I really appreciate it....and know your thoughtfulness will be a part of your lives together. Take Wonderful care of each other...I KNOW you will so beautiful inside and out!

Lauren · Married on 09/30/2017

Mary was our JP on Labor Day Weekend this year. I will tell you she really is CT's top Justice of the Peace. She knows her stuff! She sent us at least 50 wedding scripts that we could pick from and/or customize, which is what we did. She is such a warm and personable person- not only to the groom and I but to each guest at the wedding.
    She even went around during cocktail hour after the ceremony, talking to the guests and taking their photos, which she then sent to us, which really meant a lot to us, because my husband and I were off with the professional photographer during cocktail hour so we didn't get to see all the fun stuff our guests were doing!
    Mary was also extremely helpful in giving myself, the groom, and our bridal party tips on how to do things so that the ceremony went smoothly. I can't thank her enough for making our wedding so special!

Sent on 09/08/2017

Mary Pugh, CT's Top Justice of the Peace's reply:

Hi Lauren, Your wedding was so beautiful and I am so happy to have been a part of it. Thank for the heartfelt and wonderful review..... I am having a happy day! I love doing the special little things that help a couple have a great day. You had a great bridal party...they listen and did everything perfectly which is why your photos turned out so well Thank you again...and take wonderful care of each other!!

Mark · Married on 09/23/2017

Very helpful, offered plenty of great tips and was always very prompt on responding, would absolutely recommend!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Mary Pugh, CT's Top Justice of the Peace's reply:

Thanks so much Mark. I really appreciate your taking the time write a great review! Your wedding was so much fun...and so beautiful. I enjoyed taking photos and the video. What a great day! Thanks again....and take wonderful care of each other!

Jahna · Married on 09/16/2017

Mary was the best!!! She helped us every step of the way and was so responsive in any questions we had throughout the planning process. She also gave us so much information (tips for the ceremony, diagrams, ceremony script examples, name change kits etc.) that made the process so much easier! She helped make our ceremony unique and just the way we wanted. She also took such great pictures and a video of the ceremony and uploaded the NIGHT of so we were able to see some of the great shots right away. We strongly recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 10/02/2017

Mary Pugh, CT's Top Justice of the Peace's reply:

Jahna, What a wonderful review....you make my heart sing! Truly, I appreciate it so much... so kind of you to take the time to help me with such a great review. I love helping couple and doing those little things that help make a wedding special. Thank you again...and take wonderful care of each other...I KNOW you will!!

Laurie · Married on 09/03/2017

Mary was AWESOME! She is a true professional. She was very easy to work with and very responsive to my ideas. Her knowledge and expertise in essential when you are planning your special day! She knows exactly what needs to be done and gives you all the information so there are no surprises. She fulfilled all our request with ease. 09/25/2017 Best Day Ever. Thank You Mary - Laurie & Danny

Sent on 09/27/2017

Mary Pugh, CT's Top Justice of the Peace's reply:

Hi Laurie and Danny, Thank you for the fabulous review. It is so sweet of the two of you to take the time to write one. It means SO much to me...that is often how brides and grooms select their officiant!! Glad to help you have "the best day ever"!!!!!! Take wonderful care of each other

Muhammad Hamza · Married on 08/19/2017

She was absolutely wonderful as a wedding officiant. Exceedingly professional, punctual, and very helpful in all matters at the ceremony. I would highly recommend her for any type of wedding!

Sent on 08/21/2017

Mary Pugh, CT's Top Justice of the Peace's reply:

Muhammad, What a beautiful wedding.... I loved those golden chairs....like thrones! How fitting for such a special couple!! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review....it is very appreciated! I enjoyed meeting your parents and friends... Take wonderful care of each other!!

Santa · Married on 07/22/2017

Mary's wedding ceremony was perfect! It was exactly what John and I were looking for! I would not change a thing, she thought of everything! Mary is the only one who videoed our ceremony to capture the memory forever! Stop looking for a JP, Mary Pugh is the one!

Sent on 07/24/2017

Mary Pugh, CT's Top Justice of the Peace's reply:

Hi Santa, I LOVE IT! Yes, couples should have fun reading all the great reviews...and I appreciate your enthusiastic endorsement!! Your wedding was so special...and I am so happy you loved the photos and video I took. I do my best to make every wedding perfect..and it is so great to be acknowledged....you are such a sweet couple....take wonderful care of each other!!

Elizabeth · Married on 05/27/2017

Mary was so easy to work with! She was straight forward, helpful and had some great recommendations. One of her thoughts was to stop and have a "second kiss" at the first row before we processed out. This ended up being one of our favorite pictures of the whole day. We are so happy we worked with her!

Sent on 12/10/2017

Mary Pugh, CT's Top Justice of the Peace's reply:

Thanks Elizabeth!! Your wedding was so beautiful and I was honored to be a part of it! You are so kind to take a moment to write a review...and such a nice one, too! Take wonderful care of each other!!

Karen · Married on 04/01/2017

Mary was excellent! I can't say enough about her. Professional yet friendly. She was the first to reply and even called. Mary is accommodating and wants to make your day as special as possible. Cost for Ceremony, Still Video and Pictures is very reasonable. She prepared a customized laser cut portfolio with the personalized vows and certificate printed in a lovely font on elegant blue parchment paper with a gold seal which she gives to you as a gift from her. She will wear robes, a suit or whatever is appropriate. She has several colored robes and can also wear a non-religious stole which also comes in many colors.She even brings music with her and personalizes your Ceremony. When she sends you (Drop Box) video and pics she includes a list for changing your name - info and forms. A daunting task made easier by Mary! She is a notary and offers her services to you ... and it is complimentary. My husband and I just moved here so didn't know where to get married. Mary suggested places and sent info. I have already recommended Mary to a few folks and will continue to do so. I can see why she does so many weddings!

Sent on 05/11/2017

Mary Pugh, CT's Top Justice of the Peace's reply:

Karen, Thank you so much for your wonderful review... it was lovely getting to know you both!! Your wedding was lovely- even with all the breeze on the water!! Take wonderful care of each other!!

Bruno · Married on 09/24/2016

Mary Pugh was great since our first contact with her. She was one of the first Justices of the Peace to answer us back and she not only answered our email, but she called us to know more about what we wanted for our wedding - after that call we knew that her warm personality would be the best to celebrate our big day!
    She was also very quick and thoughtful on answering emails and all of our doubts!

During the celebration it was clear to us that she was the best! Very warm person to everyone, very calm and also worried about broadcasting our wedding to our friends and family in Brazil - even them loved her!

We would highly recommend her!

Sent on 09/25/2016

Mary Pugh, CT's Top Justice of the Peace's reply:

Thanks so much for your wonderful review. Your wedding was so much fun. I am glad your family could view it!! Take wonderful care of each other!!