Mary Coburn, Wedding Celebrant Reviews

127 Reviews for Mary Coburn, Wedding Celebrant

127 Mary Coburn, Wedding Celebrant Reviews
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 09/14/2018

Mary helped make our wedding a DREAM!

If we could have Mary be the godmother of our first child, I honestly think we would. She's that amazing. The ceremony was one of the most important pieces of the wedding for us and Mary made it so special. Both of my parents (separately) were trying to make recommendations for an officiant based on someone they had seen as guests of a wedding. But we ended up doing our own research on the Knot and decided to meet with Mary. We obviously loved her and booked her after the initial meeting. We later found out that Mary was the SAME PERSON my parents were recommending to us. Truly the stars aligning. Mary was sensitive to family dramas and creative in presenting solutions. She was thorough, kind, patient and responsive. An hour before the ceremony she came up to check on me and I was a bundle of nerves. I asked her to walk through the entire ceremony with me again. She physically walked me through each step, knowing that would help me feel calmer. I was so grateful for her. And the written ceremony Mary drafted was just perfect. It was personal, sweet and funny. She listened to who we were, what we loved about each other and wrote the most beautiful ceremony that truly encompassed our love and who we are as a couple. She even puts the entire written ceremony and our vows in a little pamphlet for us as a gift at the end. We will cherish it forever. If you get sick, Mary is the type of person that you'd want to take care of you. She has this contagious and positive energy about her. All our guests were talking about our officiant. We all just adore her.

Elbert · Married on 08/18/2018

When my partner and I first met Mary, we knew right away that we wanted her to be the officiant for our wedding. Mary was committed to delivering a well-prepared and personal ceremony from the very beginning. She asked a lot of questions and let us fill out questionnaires to understand our story as a couple. Then, she incorporated that into the narratives of the ceremony to create a special ceremony for us. She definitely doesn’t do a “fill in a blank” ceremony. In addition, she has a lot of wonderful ideas and is very creative with how she performs the ceremony. For example, we have a set of magnets, and we kept each piece when we separated from each other and put them together when we were together. Although some might think these magnets are silly, she understood the significance of these magnets to us and incorporated the assembly of the magnets into the ceremony to signify that we will always be together. She also helped us with writing the vows by providing guidelines and sharing lots of examples. After the ceremony, she gave us a beautifully prepared keepsake that documented our ceremony, which we can look at many years from now to remind ourselves of the promises that we made to each other. We don’t think we could have found a person better than Mary. We highly recommend her. Don’t look further.

Christina · Married on 06/30/2018

Mary Coburn provided my wife and I with amazing service. From our initial contact and first meeting through our wedding ceremony, everything she did for us was simply the best. Mary is kind, professional, and will truly CARE about your ceremony. Mary was able to capture our love story and transfer it into a wonderful, touching, and personal ceremony. Mary provided us with tips and techniques to be fully present in the moment of our wedding ceremony. Mary was also very helpful in providing information regarding wedding licenses, certificates and other procedural items.

Mary is very attention to detail oriented and it shows in her craft. Her communication and collaboration with us was so helpful. She guided us and our wedding party through a very practical rehearsal. She even made the ceremony stand out on a day when the temperatures were above 100 degrees.

In summary, we would highly recommend Mary Coburn's services to any couple. We are so thankful that she was able to share our story. No one could have told it better. The feedback from our guests about Mary has also been so positive. We believe she is the person to share your love story as well.

Shannon · Married on 05/13/2018

Working with Mary was an absolute pleasure. We learned of Mary through friends of ours who had worked with her and had nothing but extremely positive comments about her work and ceremony. When we mentioned these friends to her, she immediately recalled their wedding day with vivid detail, and this wedding was over 3 years earlier. With us, Mary was nothing short of incredible. She was extremely kind, bright and made us feel so comfortable. It was clear within the first few moments of working with her that she was the one for us. She is organized, replies to emails quickly, and truly cares about your story. We booked Mary over a year in advance and stayed in touch many times throughout that year. Our ceremony was unbelievable. Some comments and compliments that we received from guests include; how soothing her voice is, how clear her story of us was, how it seemed like she had known us our entire relationship, how personal the ceremony is, and many more. When you decide to have Mary as your officiant, she sends you lots of documents that help you organize your thoughts and give you all of the options for the ceremony. There are SO MANY OPTIONS! Everything is personalized to exactly what you want. She also sends you questionnaires that the bride and groom fill out separately to send to her so she can formulate the ceremony. Included in the documents she sends you is information of changing names, and obtaining a marriage license, choices of vows, tips on how to write your own vows, etc... She is so incredibly helpful with all of this. Once you have filled out all the questionnaires and given your thoughts about what you would like, Mary goes to work and writes an extremely personal ceremony and then sends it to you so you can read through it and make any changes you may want. We had the most unbelievable experience with Mary and would highly recommend her to any couple looking for a very special ceremony that they and their guests will certainly remember forever.

• Adrian

Adrian · Married on 12/09/2017

I dont even think I can say how special Mary was to our day! From the very first conversation, to meeting with us at our hotel and sitting and chatting with us, to countless emails back and forth and she was always quick to respond, even when I had wedding brain and forgot to respond to her timely. For us the ceremony was very important, it was not just bringing me and my husband together but also creating a family and including my son as a big part of the day. Every single person commented on how amazing the ceremony was. If you have even a thought of using Mary, just use it. She is worth every single penny and then some. I could not even imagine how our wedding would have been without her! Mary thank you so much for everything. Rob, Eric and I are so grateful for you.

Mary Coburn, Wedding Celebrant 1
    Mary Coburn, Wedding Celebrant 2
    Mary Coburn, Wedding Celebrant 3

Alyssa · Married on 09/30/2017

Mary is absolutely wonderful! She put so much detail into listening to our story, crafting the ceremony, and delivering it in a fun and meaningful way. After the ceremony, we had people coming up to us at the wedding asking how long we'd known Mary for because she did such a great job! My 81 year-old, super Catholic grandmother who wanted us to have a religious ceremony even went up to Mary after the ceremony to tell her how beautiful it was. In addition to the ceremony being great, she's super good at dealing with complicated family dynamics - my parents are divorced and she did a great job of navigating those waters and putting my mind at ease. She's such a lovely woman and truly loves what she does. You will not regret choosing Mary to officiate your wedding!

• StokedToBeASaucier

Sara · Married on 09/09/2017

I know I am going to risk sounding competitive here, but Mary really is absolute perfection. We booked Mary as our officiant very early for our wedding because we knew immediately that we needed to have her write our ceremony. At our first meeting, Mary was beyond personable and we stayed and chatted with her for over an hour. Even if we booked Mary one year and a half before our wedding, she never delayed responding to our e-mails with kindness and all the information that we needed. She took the answers from our questionnaires and wrote the most beautiful ceremony. She also reviewed our handwritten vows, and reminded us to breathe and stay present the week of! I am so glad that she did. Because of her recommendations, I was able to stay completely calm and 100% present during our ceremony. Mary had guests laughing and crying at our ceremony and all night long we received compliments from guests about how much they loved the ceremony and were dying to know how we found Mary! So many guests approached us and said that it was the best ceremony they have ever been to and they loved hearing details about our relationship that they hadn't previously known! Booking Mary as our officiant was 100% the best decision we made for our wedding!!! Thank you so much, Mary!!!

Jonathan · Married on 08/11/2017

Mary was amazing. She made our ceremony so special and it was truly the best part of the whole day. My wife and I were floored with how many small details and fun/touching anecdotes she incorporated into our ceremony. All of the guests had rave reviews and told us that this was the best ceremony they ever saw. She was also extremely professional and well organized. Our rehearsal went off without a hitch and everyone in the wedding party knew exactly what they had to do the next day. Could not recommend Mary enough!

Ryan · Married on 07/29/2017

Mary Coburn: thank you! Our wedding ceremony was beautifully written and we enjoyed every minute of working with you on our journey to our wedding day!
    For couples looking for a Celebrant: Mary writes the most thoughtful and personal ceremonies we have ever experienced, which sets the atmosphere for the whole ceremony. For my husband and I, she took time getting to know us and who we are as a couple and as individuals. From this, she prepared a personalized ceremony, one like we have never had the opportunity to experience before her. Our family and friends still talk about how beautiful and personal the ceremony was that she wrote. Mary Coburn is a beautiful soul and we couldn’t be happier with our experience with her.

Ryan and Thommy
    07-29-2017

Laura · Married on 07/15/2017

Mary is absolutely amazing. She was calming, thought of every detail and made our ceremony so meaningful and special. Numerous people approached my husband and I at our reception and told us it was the best ceremony they had ever been to! She tailored our ceremony to make it truly reflect our love story and we could not be happier!

Rebecca · Married on 07/08/2017

Mary was wonderful as the officiant for our wedding! When we were selecting an officiant, we knew that the ceremony was going to be the most important part of our day, so we wanted to choose someone who was going to be warm and inviting, and someone who could really capture us as a couple. From the first time we met Mary, we knew instantly that she would be able to bring a warmth and sincerity that most others would not be able to bring to our wedding. In fact, Mary was the only officiant that we met with, that's how sure we were that she would be a great fit. We both loved the fact that she asked us what we wanted our ceremony to be like. While she offered great suggestions which gave us direction, she did not impose her beliefs or preferences on us. We were a little worried that it would be difficult for her to make the ceremony personal, because we had never met her before, but she knew the right questions to ask and was able to write a ceremony that felt like it truly fit us. If you are looking for someone who truly cares about creating a ceremony that fits you and your significant other, and who will bring warmth and sincerity to the most important day of your lives, then Mary is the perfect choice!

Laura · Married on 06/17/2017

When we started looking for an officiant for our June 17, 2017 wedding, we knew we truly wanted someone who would make our ceremony unique and feel like they've known us our whole lives. We got that, and MORE with Mary Coburn!!! From the second we initially met, we knew Mary was special and she was committed to making our vision come to life on our wedding day. I can't stress how perfect our ceremony was- and it was all due to her hard work. She met with us for hours, constantly kept in touch with us through email and phone calls, offered creative ideas/suggestions and answered all of our questions, multiple times!! Mary helped us through the entire process and provided several drafts of our ceremony to be sure it was EXACTLY the way we wanted. She even gave us breathing exercises, and tips for the weeks leading up to the wedding when our stress was at it's peak- she truly went above and beyond! We received so many compliments from our guests- "how long have you known her?" - she just had a way of making everyone feel so comfortable with her warm and touching ceremony- every word was perfect. Throughout the planning, Mary even suggested different traditions, readings, vows, songs, etc. The week before the ceremony she even took it upon herself to contact all our other ceremony vendors (musicians, wedding coordinator, photographers, etc.) and she confirmed all details and organized our whole ceremony. She ran our entire rehearsal and worked directly with the venue- she literally took all of our stress away. Mary has such a special place in our hearts- our ceremony would never have been so perfect without her special touch!!! I cannot recommend her enough!!!!

Katie · Married on 06/09/2017

Mary officiated our wedding in June of 2017 and we could not have been happier. We knew immediately after our first meeting that we wanted her to be a part of our day. She is the one of the kindest and heartfelt people I have ever met and brought such a warm and calming presence to our day. Mary spent so much time getting to know us and our family and created the most personal and meaningful ceremony. Our guests felt like they were transported into our love story. We absolutely loved Mary and are still getting compliments on our ceremony!

Jaimie · Married on 06/03/2017

Mary was one of the BEST choices we made when planning our wedding. She was organized, responsible, dedicated, hardworking, and all around amazing. When she met with us the first time, she already put together a folder of our information with our names printed on it. We were impressed from the start and we both knew right away that we were going to choose her. When writing our ceremony, Mary sent examples of different types of wording, ex. traditional or contemporary. She also had us each separately write up a wedding worksheet and email it to her. She used our answers to tell our story to our friends and family. Our guests kept telling us how much they enjoyed listening to her and they knew us a little better after hearing it. Mary was able to answer any question we had no matter what it entailed. She put so much effort into planning for our wedding. I highly recommend Mary for anyone, she is a great person and will do a fantastic job.

Laura · Married on 05/28/2017

If you are lucky enough to have stumbled upon Mary Coburn's profile, you should not look any further! Mary is extremely detail oriented and it pays off! Her ceremony was just beautiful. She gave my husband and I the opportunity to answer questions which shaped her speech. We also had the power to see the speech beforehand, to make any edits (not that we needed to). If you want something special for your ceremony, Mary can help you come up with it. Every single guest told me how much fun and beautiful my ceremony was, and they're right! I wasn't that excited for my ceremony initially, but after our first meeting with Mary I realized it could be a very special moment- and was it ever. I can honestly say it was my favorite part of the whole day, and this is coming from someone who is nervous in front of a large crowd. Mary had a way of putting us at ease and helped us to soak in the moment. I feel very lucky to have had Mary marry us. It is without any hesitation that I recommend Mary Coburn.

Erica · Married on 04/29/2017

Mary is absolutely wonderful and I would suggest her to anyone and everyone looking for an officiant. My husband and I are mixed religion and she did a wonderful job incorporating both into the ceremony. She truly made the ceremony fun and enjoyable. Our family and friends got to know our story by what Mary put together for us. She is quick at responding to emails and easy to set up appointments with. We couldn't have ask any anyone better to be part of our special day!

Jonathan · Married on 11/12/2016

Picking Mary as our officiant was both the easiest and the best decision we made for our wedding. When we first met Mary we knew right away that our search was over and that she had to be our officiant. Mary took the time to really get to know us and our story. She crafted a beautiful ceremony that was extremely personal and meaningful. She also made the process very easy and our rehearsal with her allowed us to be as relaxed as possible for the wedding itself. Our marriage ceremony itself was wonderful and every guest we spoke with wanted to know how we knew Mary and complimented the ceremony. Many mentioned that they had been to a lot of weddings but had never seen such a great ceremony with such a phenomenal officiant.

If you want the best, you must get married by Mary!

Marissa · Married on 11/05/2016

We were so fortunate to have Mary Coburn as our officiant. My husband and I are different religions and were unsure of how to structure an interfaith ceremony. Mary came to the rescue. She made the ceremony a celebration of us as a couple and truly allowed others the opportunity to hear about our love story. She worked with us to be present in the ceremony and put us at ease. Mary was extremely kind, personable and professional and she went above and beyond her duties. She knew the names of everyone at our rehearsal and felt like part of the family. It was so incredible to work with Mary. We received so many compliments about her ceremony from wedding guests at the reception. They were in awe of how eloquent she was and how amazing our ceremony had been. Thank you so much Mary!!!

Belinda · Married on 10/15/2016

Mary is the absolute best of the best. My husband and I had seen Mary conduct two weddings prior to booking her for our own. Mary leaves quite an impression and I knew immediately I would want her for my own wedding. Mary really gets to know you, your spouse and your love story. So many of our guests came up to us after the ceremony to say how personal and special it was and that Mary was the absolute best they had ever seen. Mary is easy to work with, flexible and truly wants to ensure your wedding ceremony is perfect. Mary met with me and my husband an extra time after an unexpected death in the family to ensure we were OK and provided tips to help us stay calm and composed during the big day. If you are looking for a meaningful ceremony that you will never forget - you NEED to hire Mary!

Jeremy · Married on 10/08/2016

Mary was absolutely amazing! If I could give more than 5 stars, I gladly would. I think every single one of our guests commented on how great our ceremony was, how meaningful & personal it was, and how fantastic Mary was as the officiant. She is pricier than the standard JP, but she is worth every single penny!!! What you get from her is head and shoulders above what a run of the mill JP will provide. We highly recommend her. She absolutely made our wedding day!!!

Kristina · Married on 10/01/2016

I truly believe Mary is the best decision we made regarding our wedding day. She costs more than the average officiant but you also get much more. From the moment we first reached out to Mary, she was responsive, flexible, and ready to guide us through the process of getting married. She arranged to meet with us at a location that was convenient for us and it was like meeting up with an old friend - her genuine interest in your story puts you at ease. Once we signed a contract, Mary provided us with an amazing variety of resources for planning the ceremony, on everything from selecting a reading to writing vows. She personally researched the legalities of getting married in our venue's town and provided us with a detailed packet of instructions--Google Maps print-out included!--for obtaining our marriage license. These sort of thoughtful gestures were typical throughout our working relationship. Mary is a deeply considerate person and it translates into the ceremony she crafts for you and your loved ones to enjoy together. She has a warm yet commanding presence that deeply impressed our guests, and she provided true leadership throughout our wedding weekend. Mary is worth every penny -- before you splurge on your decorations or cake, consider the part of your wedding day that you'll truly want to remember for the rest of your lives.

Kayleigh · Married on 08/19/2016

One of the best decisions we made for our wedding day was to work with Mary Coburn. She truly takes the time to get to know each of you individually and your story and then works those details into your ceremony. We received so many compliments on the overall flow of the ceremony and how special it was for our guests to learn about us. Mary was very responsive and made working with her super easy. She made herself available for questions, offered up her advice and made the overall process of planning our wedding enjoyable and relaxing. She also took the time to put together a nice package of our ceremony in a keepsake book and presented it to us after the wedding. Overall a FANTASTIC experience. We highly recommend Mary Coburn!

Katherine · Married on 07/30/2016

Choosing Mary to be our officiant was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding day. One of the compliments we receive most often is how great the ceremony was, thanks to Mary. She captivated all of our guests and kept us all in the moment. She delivered a heartfelt, humorous and genuine story that felt like us. Even long before the ceremony, when we first met Mary, she seemed like someone we knew for years. She was incredibly helpful through the whole process. Her experience is evident in her professionalism and valued guidance. You would never regret choosing Mary as your officiant, only regret missing the chance to have her alleviate your planning worries and enhance your special day.

Mary Coburn was an integral part of our wedding process. We met Mary for our initial meeting and we instantly felt her genuine warmth in getting to know us and our story. Mary crafted a wedding ceremony that people cherished months later. Mary pays attention to all of the details that matter. We shared follow up phone calls and mentally prepared for all aspects of the wedding: from being grounded in the moment, to practicing and authoring vows, and managing the day from start to finish. Mary was just as much a part of our day as our family and friends. Beginning with the rehearsal dinner the night before, she masterfully brought our wedding party and families together to kick off our memorable weekend. She made such an impact on everyone, that even one of the restaurant staff asked for Mary's contact for her future wedding! Anyone who is fortunate to work with Mary gets so much more than an officiant: you get a precise and thoughtful author, a caring guide, a helpful advisor, and warm friend that we are lucky that was part of our marriage story.

Jeff · Married on 06/25/2016

From the first time we spoke to Mary we could feel her warmth and kindness and we absolutely loved the ceremony that Mary wrote for us. Based off our few meetings and discussions she was able to tell our story in a way that felt like she was there with us the entire time. We knew that we made the right decision when after the ceremony our friends and family came up to us and asked how long we had known Mary. She just has a presence about her of an old friend you can always count on.