Mary Coburn

Canton, CT View map Visit website

Based out of Canton, Connecticut, Mary Coburn is an interfaith minister who specializes in creating personalized wedding ceremonies. Mary's warm and engaging storytelling approach is ideal for telling couples' unique relationships. Mary truly invests herself in getting to know who you are and what is meaningful to you. She can weave elements into your ceremony to honor your faith and cultural traditions if that is important to you.

Mary Coburn offers a number of wedding officiant services for couples. Through consultations, this minister can talk you through her options and create a custom package based upon your requirements. Your ceremony can include religious readings, personalized vows, funny family anecdotes, and more. Additional services include, but are not limited to:

• Elopement ceremonies
  • Email support
  • Handmade keepsake copy of your ceremony
  • Marriage licensing process
  • Organized rehearsals
  • Vendor Coordination

Which of the following are included in the price?

Ceremony Rehearsal

Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?

What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?

Non-religious
Interfaith
Ceremony Rehearsal
Vow Renewal
Civil Union
Single Religion

What religious affiliations do you serve?

Agnostic
Shinto
Sikhism
Taoist
Unitarian

On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?

Less than 30 mins.
30-60 mins.

In which states are you licensed?

CT
FL
MA
NY
RI
TX

What languages do you speak?

English

Danielle G. Married on 08/21/2021

We're still receiving compliments about Mary's ceremony for us 2 months later!

Mary did an incredibly thorough job getting to know both of us and prepping for our wedding ceremony. She fulfilled our vision for our ceremony successfully and we received so many compliments immediately afterwards. Mary told our story beautifully and in great detail, in a way that involved all of our guests as part of the celebration. She have us a beautifully bound book with a copy of our ceremony in it to read in the future. We would highly recommend Mary to any couple planning their wedding who seeks an exceptional ceremony!
  • Audrey
    Audrey S. Married on 12/12/2020

Book. Mary. Now!

Choosing Mary as our wedding celebrant was, without a doubt, a decision we cannot recommend highly enough! Mary’s professionalism, consideration, and genuine intentionality seep into her delivery and the atmosphere, empowering the ceremony to be both moving and truly representative of you as a couple. Her attention to detail is outstanding; we had endless questions from guests afterwards as to how she was related to our families due to her telling of our story being so well-informed. Mary truthfully makes the process so natural and comfortable, and delivers well above even the highest of expectations, which is why we wholeheartedly support her in her ongoing pursuit of a passion rooted in honest vocation. Thanks so much again, Mary!

With love,
    Audrey & Isaiah
    Claire M. Married on 07/19/2019

A beautifully personal ceremony, wonderful experience all around!

Of all the aspects of my wedding day, the ceremony itself was not something I had any strong ideas about, had no personal traditions to fall back on, and was almost dreading. Mary was on a list of officiants recommended by my wedding venue which is how I initially heard about her. She put me at ease immediately, from our very first phone call she understood my concerns and had wonderful ideas for how we could create a ceremony that felt right for us. I could have chatted with her for hours, she is so easy to talk to. We met with Mary in person shortly after that but due to living in another state from where we were holding our wedding, that was the only time we met with her face to face before our rehearsal. Mary made the process simple, gave us questionnaires to work on so she could learn more about who we were. She was always available to answer any questions we had along the way and checked in right when we needed a nudge. My husband managed to procrastinate his questionnaire until it was too late but Mary was able to work off the answers I had given her and the ceremony she wrote brought tears to my eyes when I read the draft. She managed to capture our story and convey all the humor, love, and important facets of who we are.
    At our rehearsal Mary had every detail covered ensuring our bridal party knew where to be and what to do making everyone feel relaxed which was wonderful! That calming presence she exudes continued into our ceremony itself, any time I felt a flutter of nerves and emotions I was able to focus on her calm, even way of speaking and remember the advice she gave about how to feel grounded in that moment and despite things being such a blur it allowed me to feel present in the moment.
    After our ceremony we had family and friends approaching us with the highest compliments for our ceremony and asking how we knew Mary. Many family members on both sides assumed she was a family friend from one of our families because she was able to share our story as though she had known us forever.
    Mary helped us create a modern fairytale out of our love story and I will cherish rereading her words for years to come in the wonderful booklet she put together of our whole ceremony as a gift to us. She provides such a personal touch to her services, taking the time to truly get to know us during the process of crafting the ceremony. I can't emphasize enough how wonderful it was to work with Mary and any couple would be lucky to work with her as well.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

Ariana Strings Ariana Strings Wedding Musicians

Mary Coburn goes above and beyond to make sure the wedding day goes perfectly! As a ceremony musician, she reached out to me weeks prior to our couple's wedding and she answered all of my questions doing everything she could possibly do to help. Love!

Francesco Barone Wedding Guitarist Francesco Barone Wedding Guitarist Wedding Musicians

Mary was a pleasure to work with and was helpful in going over cues before the ceremony, in fact she worked well will all of the vendors. It is apparent that Mary is highly committed, enthusiastic to and passionate about serving the couples with whom she works!

Butch Gray Disc Jockey/Entertainer, LLC Butch Gray Disc Jockey/Entertainer, LLC Wedding DJs

I love working with Mary. She’s one of the most thoughtful people in industry. As busy as she may be, she always makes the time to say hello. We always share a laugh while getting organized for our clients’ ceremony. On the day, you can tell the difference in the service that she provides compared with many other wedding professionals. She goes way beyond what is required to provide her clients a truly unique and special ceremony. Be sure to ask her for advice on your ceremony. She’s top-notch and a truly caring expert.

Canton Canton, CT, 06019
8605194127
Location of (Mary Coburn)

Other vendors in Hartford for your wedding