Mary Basnight Reviews

19 | Manteo, NC

19 Reviews for Mary Basnight

19 Mary Basnight Reviews

Jessie · Married on 06/02/2018

Oh Boy. Mary is my absolute, all time, with out a doubt, favorite photographer to work with. Every image invokes emotions, playfulness and showcases a beautiful work of art. She is beautiful person inside and out and her creative genius is not to be compared with anyone else I know. Such a go getter and willing to try anything new and exciting. Always looking for that next cover worthy shot, just to give you exactly what you are looking for, breathtaking images. I can go on and on. Anyone should consider themselves lucky if they can squeeze in some time with Mary for a wedding or portrait session because she is top of the list and highly sought after photographer.

Mary Basnight 1
    Mary Basnight 2
    Mary Basnight 3

Brandi · Married on 05/12/2018

Mary & Mac did our engagement & wedding photos & we could not have been any happier with the results. They are both amazing photographers that you will instantly feel comfortable with. It was like I had known them forever. Our photos were amazing & unique & we have received so many compliments on them. We will definitely have future sessions with them.

Jasmine · Married on 04/28/2018

It was the best price for the amount of items included in the package! We have had several compliments on how great the pictures turned out!!

Ashley · Married on 11/11/2017

My husband and I are terrible at taking photos because we always look like we are fake smiling (because we are!). With Mary we did our engagement photos and then our wedding in OBX. From first meeting to wedding day it was an absolute blast! We had a couple ideas, but Mary helped us get the moments we were looking to capture and our photos came out great! They took the extra time and went the extra mile with us being very novice about everything. We live in Virginia; so we had to talk a lot via electronics, and everything was great! Would definitely recommend and I hope to have a reason to use her services again!

Mary Basnight 4
    Mary Basnight 5
    Mary Basnight 6

Abby · Married on 10/28/2017

Mary and Mac did an absolutely amazing job capturing our wedding. They captured so many special moments and more. We couldn’t have asked for better pictures of our wedding. We would definitely recommend them in the future!

Sent on 02/02/2018

Mary Basnight's reply:

It was our pleasure. We loved every minute we spent with you + Gerald!

Jessica · Married on 10/11/2017

We had a great time with Mary & Mac! They made time to meet with us the day before the wedding ( since we eloped with a small group to the OBX) and they were awesome! They walked us through what the day was going to look like and gave us a lot of tips when it came to taking the right pictures. On the day of Mary just showed up ( mac was with the boys ) and started shooting! I didn't even realize she was there - they were great! We can't wait to see the pictures!

Stevie · Married on 09/22/2017

Mary is absolutely amazing! She is truly an artist with a genuine infectiousness about her and her talent is untouchable! She helped make my wedding day a dream come true! She communicated effortlessly from day one and had some really great ideas for our photos throughout the entire day. I can't imagine my wedding day without her there doing what she does best and you won't either!!!

Jennifer · Married on 07/01/2017

Mary and her husband Mac were fantastic!! Mary made me extremely comfortable and listened to every idea we had! Our wedding date had to change due to a Tropical storm and both our officiant and Mary communicated with each other to make sure they were available! I could not ask for a better set of photographers!!

Michal · Married on 05/19/2017

Mary and Mac were the perfect photographers for or wedding. They felt like family by the end of it all.

breanne · Married on 09/23/2016

Look no further! Mary and her team are the best in the business and truly wonderful people. Being a bride planning a destination wedding you have worries picking vendors going off of reviews. Their reviews and portfolio were what caught my eye, however, one conversation on the phone with Mary ensured me I was choosing the perfect vendor. Our wedding was during the hurricane and we had many issues with our venue home and getting vendors to the property on the wedding day. Mary was very accommodating with the circumstance and made sure everything worked out even though we couldn't stick to original plan. Their prompt response during the process and professionalism working with the bridal party, our families, and my husband and I made a stressful time so much easier. Mary even came the day before for rehearsal just to meet us and bridal party which was so wonderful, you can tell they really do care about their couples. We knew our pictures would be beautiful, but never did we expect to see what we saw. She captured the actual day... all of the feelings, love, its truly incredible. There was a bit of a wait to get our pictures back due to lighting and working with editing the sky but it was well worth it! We could not be happier with the result and our full experience. You know you are in the best hands with this company and Mary is a miracle worker. She showed up through 4 feet of water, with a smile on her face and ready to capture all of the love on our wedding day!

• FutureMrs.G

Kerry · Married on 07/28/2016

Mary and Mac were so much fun to work with. They are easy going with a sense of humor. Their attention to detail is amazing and are photos came out stunning. We had an album book printed and the quality is top notch. Couldn't have imagined working with anyone else on our wedding day to capture our special moments.

Christina · Married on 07/05/2016

We couldn't have been happier with Mary Basnight Photography! Mary, Mac and Jack were such a pleasure to work with, going above and beyond on our wedding day.

They were planners, advisors, moral support, and comic relief during our wedding on Carova Beach on a 99 degree day. Mary, Mac and Jack made two camera shy people feel relaxed and beautiful the entire night. Our families were so impressed by the amount of pictures taken and the creativity used to get breathtaking shots.

We highly recommend using Mary Basnight Photography!

Mary · Married on 05/14/2016

Mary and Mac did our May 2017 wedding at the Kitty Hawk Pier. I love, love, love my photos. Period.

Picking a wedding photographer is probably the most important decision you make for wedding planning. Regardless if everything goes perfect, if your pictures suck you'll never forget it. I looked through all the OBX photographers' portfolios - but I kept coming back to one photographer because the photos all seemed to capture a moment, not just a posed portrait. It was Mary. I loved her portfolio - the style, the tone, the lighting - so we hired them. What resulted was equal to what I expected. I loveeee my pictures.

Also, Mary and Mac were amazing - not only day of, but Mary essentially served as a wedding planner. We sat together and walked through our timeline, and she worked out the kinks (especially the ones I hadn't anticipated). I literally would not have had such a great time if it weren't for Mary. For what you get, she's a bargain. She's easily worth twice what she charges.

Laura · Married on 04/23/2016

We loved having Mary and her husband take our pictures for our wedding! They did an amazing job and Mary even teared up when capturing our first look, really meant a lot to me knowing how much she cared about capturing our perfect day! I would absolutely recommend her!

Jessie D. · Married on 09/26/2015

As the co-owner of Best Day Ever Events, I am always thrilled yet very picky to write reviews! But when I was informed that we would be day of coordinating a wedding whose photographer was Mary Basnight with Mary Basnight Photography, I was absolutely thrilled! I had been hearing many great things about her talent as a photographer, and after working an event with her I can honestly say that all of that is true. She is able to be professional while keeping a lively, fun atmosphere. Furthermore, she kept myself and the wedding party laughing the entire day. The Best Day Ever OBX team gives Mary Basnight a definite five stars. It was such a pleasure working with her, and we anticipate being able to come together in the future for more fabulous weddings.

Dana · Married on 09/24/2010

Mary and Mac did a fabulous job with our wedding photos. Having two people shoot the wedding gave us so many unique photos. They were very nice and professional. Highly recommend!

Melissa · Married on 09/06/2008

Mary and her husband Mac were so great to work with and just really nice people! They made our family and friends so relaxed while taking photographs. They took their time to make sure the photographs right after the ceremony with our immediate families and bridal party were perfect. Throughout the wedding they were always there capturing all the important moments and details. Ever since I saw Mary's photographs in Outer Banks Bride magazine I knew it would be amazing to have her at our wedding! I can't wait to see their photographs of our wedding!

Anna · Married on 10/04/2013

I knew I wanted Mary Basnight as the photographer for our wedding before there was a decision to be made. Every time I googled 'OBX weddings', the images that I was drawn to were photographs that she had taken. She and Mac did a fantastic job capturing not only every detail of our wedding, but also the personalities of me, my husband, our bridal party, and our guests. Beautiful photography! Highly recommend!!

Beth · Married on 06/25/2008

She was willing to travel to another site to take pictures of me and my new husband. She uses assistants (depending on the size of the ceremony) so you know that nothing was missed. Her photos are gorgeous and I have never felt more beautiful in my life. She was very easy going and made me extremely comfortable. I cannot wait to see the pictures!