Martoca Weddings Reviews

80 Reviews for Martoca Weddings

• Morgan

Morgan Manen · Getting married on 05/03/2021

Best day ever!

I always get teary eyed when I think about my wedding at Martoca Beach Garden.
    I never thought about a destination wedding because when I thought about destination weddings I thought about resort weddings. One day I stumbled upon Martoca from Pinterest and Jimmy emailed me back almost immediately. From day one he was super responsive and helpful. We had never been to Puerto Vallarta so me and my husband were going into this completely blind. Jimmy was a god send when it came to suggestions on where to stay, where to eat and things to do in the area and just over all being there for us.

After almost a year we finally booked the venue. I was assigned Mariana and Salvador as my wedding planners and I could not imagine my day without them. They both went out of their way to surprise me with flower that I fell in love with. Mariana met me 3 days before my wedding and knew exactly what type of wedding I wanted (yes, we changed the look of my wedding 3 days before) and there was not one bit of me that was worried about how it would all come together. Everything was perfection. So many guest still talk about my wedding saying it was the best and most beautiful wedding they have ever been too. Get the fireworks, get the mariachi, and get the TACOS AND CHURROS! Food was fantastic, presentation and overall quality. All the staff and servers were great. The DJ was great. Everyone was great. I would have my wedding at Martoca over and over again.

Sent on 04/23/2019

Martoca Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much amiga :) You guys did great ;)
    We were happy to help and we love showing our couples what the best fit is for their particular tastes and budgets. Thank you for trusting Martoca and our team. I loved how we started in Austin just talking and we ended up having you as Martoca family. You are Martocos now ;) Thank you and we are so happy you booked sight unseen. Thank you for taking a chance -Jimmy

Julia Jowett · Getting married on 11/01/2020

Phenomenal wedding venue

This venue lived up to the 5 star reviews I read everywhere. It is phenomenal in every way and no words can truly describe the magic this place creates. The staff is passionate about creating the best experience for every person there and the setting is breathtaking. We were so happy with everything and are honored to be Martocos!

Sent on 02/23/2020

Martoca Weddings's reply:

The honor is ours amigos Martocos :)
    Thank you fo choosing Martoca. We loved working for you. The Martoca Family's circle of trust just got a little larger and stronger with you in it. Our Casa es Su Casa :) -JImmy
  • Christine

Christine Talavera · Married on 02/21/2020

Beautiful Boho Wedding

My husband and I both have extremely demanding jobs. We are also from opposite sides of the country so we knew it'd be a destination wedding for at least half of our guests. When we first found Martoca we instantly knew that it just felt right. They made everything so easy and executed our vision perfectly. From our tasting and table trial to the day of our wedding, we had the most beautiful "easy" experience. Working with Veronica and having her coordinate all the vendors was absolute bliss. The vendors that they use are top notch. Our flowers were perfect, the furniture was gorgeous, and the DJ made the party. Last but absolutely not least Veronica was the one that pulled everything together. We didn't have too many conversations but every time we did, you could tell she knew what I would or wouldn't like. Veronica made me feel very comfortable and the trust was there. She's clearly very experienced in this field and knows how to read brides- Her recommendations were dead on. Our day wouldn't have been half the success (or fun) without her. I wish we could get married every year at Martoca- I know our guests wish so too! We had the following items- fireworks, burro, guitarist duo, cigar roller, late night tacos + churros (huge hit), sparkler send off and vintage car to drive away. One thing to note is we did not use their photographer, we flew a different vendor in from another part of Mexico.

Sent on 03/22/2020

Martoca Weddings's reply:

We loved serving you amigos! Our Martoca Team of planners is very special! We are proud of Vero, Mariana, Marisol, Maite, Deysy, Ricardo, our tacos and churros metros and more! You are so nice to mention all the services we can find and provide for our Martocos :) We thank you so much and please let us know when you come back so we can have your over for a couple beers :)-Jimmy
  • Kim

Kim · Married on 02/01/2020

5 stars all the way around -- JUST BOOK THIS VENUE!

Seriously, if the others have not convinced you to book Martoca already, just do it! My husband and I took a trip to PV to venue hunt. We looked at some other venues, but Martoca took our breath away. THE PICTURES DO NOT DO THIS MAGICAL PLACE JUSTICE! Just add @MartocaBeachGarden on IG and you will get a better view of the venue with all of the videos they post. We did the food tasting/table set-up on that visit as well (so worth it)! The food exceeded our expectations, and you can literally design your dream wedding with Martoca, from the style/size of tables, chairs, dishes, cutlery, glassware, napkins, centerpieces, floral design, EVERYTHING. We even decided how the layout of venue would look that day! We were lucky to work with the Martoca team (shoutout to Vero for dealing with my millions of questions, texts, calls, stresses, etc.). They made this process so easy! A few days before the wedding, Veronica came to my resort and went over everything in person. She made us feel comfortable and taken care of. On the day of the wedding, everything went so smoothly! Our guests got to Martoca and were literally SHOOK! Veronica worked with Mayte (the florist) to create a beautiful memorial for our mother and grandmother. They did a great job at nailing my vision, which was to blend our two cultures together (Vietnamese and Mexican). Just like all the other reviewers said, people will tell you that was the best wedding they have ever been to and how amazing everything was (the service staff, the food, the venue, the music, TODOS!). Mind you, all the service staff were extremely professional (an important detail you should not overlook)! We even had a couple at our wedding that now want to do their vow renewals at Martoca! We really wish we could relive the wedding day all over again. It was just so perfect and beautiful because of Martoca and their A+ team. I cannot recommend this place enough. They have all these extras you can add to make your wedding extra special. And yes, you should do the fresh coconut stand, the late night churros, and tacos. And you DEFINITELY should do the fireworks (duh!). This place is the real deal. Stop looking elsewhere. Unless you want your basic cookie-cutter resort wedding, to each their own. I have zero regrets about choosing Martoca and would choose it again in a heartbeat. Martoca holds a very very special place in our hearts. We hope to come back again and do a vow renewal some day as well!

Sent on 02/29/2020

Amiga Kim,
    Thank you so much for this marvelous description of what we love to do for you and all our Martocos. I even read your review to my mom and dad. They were very proud and delighted to hear how you described all our staff and the team of vendors and all the troops it takes to make a wedding come together as yours.
    About the pictures, yes we know. It is one of those things you just have to experience in person, haha.
    Thank you and please come by and have a beer sometime. We would love to catch up down the line... maybe meet your little Martoquitos :)
    Thank you so much for your extraordinarily kind words and recommendation for others. We will make you proud if they take your advice.-Jimmy
  • Mai Thanh

Mai Thanh · Married on 01/25/2020

"One of the Best Weddings We've Ever Been To..."

"...if not the BEST!" ...says many of our guests. I first heard about Martoca Beach Garden through a friend's friend who was getting married there a few months after our conversation. I immediately contacted Jimmy, the venue owner, and he was super responsive from the get-go, which is an important factor in selecting a wedding venue. Super nice and personable guy, that Jimmy! Emails after emails led to my now husband and I signing the contract! We were assigned Veronica as our wedding planner and she is such a darling! Super sweet, easy to work with, and boy did she deliver!! Leading up to the big day... the weather forecast showed thunderstorms during our wedding. I was at edge now, but Veronica and Jimmy did everything they could to make sure our day was still magical. Long story short... we had the best day ever... most amazing wedding that our friends and family will also remember! Our wedding was absolutely magical: we rented a large clear tent last minute that ended up being decorated beyond my expectations and made the wedding even more beautiful; the Martoca team's hospitality and care was exceptional, beyond any other service I've ever experienced; and they had so many surprises for us. Maite, the florist, is SO good at what she does. She delivered my vision better than I envisioned! I read so many good reviews and somewhat thought it was too good to be true... they weren't lying. "Wedding of the decade!" "This is like an adult carnival!" "Such a magical wedding!" "I've been to many weddings... this is the best wedding ever!" I kid you not, you will hear the same comments from your friends and family. Stop your search right now and book Martoca Beach Garden!!! Thank you Veronica, Jimmy, and the rest of the Martoca family. I'm so honored to now be a Martoco!!

P.S. It did NOT rain during our wedding... everything went perfectly... so blessed. I want to have our wedding vows renewed here...

Sent on 02/21/2020

Mai,
    You are one of our favorite Martocos. You were so fun to work with on emails :) and chats. And the team truly enjoyed making you so happy. They feed off of good energy and vibes. So you sure gave them a lot of fodder. They wanted to hook you up! So we did. You deserved it.
    You are those kind of people who motivate others to be positive and to have fun. So it is contagious. The circle of trust was in full effect.
    Thank you and come back for beers and tacos by the pool sometime. This time we can actually get in :) --Jimmy
  • Courtney

Courtney L Chaffee · Married on 01/10/2020

Exceeded all expectations!

You can read through every single review on here and you won’t be able to find one negative remark regarding the Martoca Beach Garden. It’s all true – Martoca is absolutely incredible. Our experience from the very first email sent to hugging goodbye at the end of our wedding night exceeded all of our expectations. Being an event planner for a living, I can tell you hands down that you will not find the level of customer service or amenities in the states. The second you walk through those copper doors your life will be changed!

Martoca is for the Bride and Groom who wants to give their guests a different wedding experience. You won’t find the standard mass quantity chicken and veggie dish here, it’s 5-star quality catering with incredible presentation. Waiting in line for a drink at the bar doesn’t exist. Their servers were amazing and left no glass empty. Floral and décor - Martoca Team takes your Pinterest board and literally brings it to life. We ditched the wedding cake and had fresh made churros and Mexican style coffee and our guests loved it. Late night street tacos were an absolute hit. The level of detail that Martoca hits in truly amazing. Being a very “detailed” Bride, I was blown away at how they nailed every single detail planning across the country. The mariachi band came out and started playing at the end of the ceremony when were announced perfectly. We surprised our guests with fireworks during our first dance, and wanted the first firework to go off at a very specific timing/climax of the song – they made it happen down to the second and it will forever be our favorite, most special memory of the night.

If you’re debating on whether or not to have a destination wedding, trust me, you and your guests will not regret it. You hear from so many Bride & Grooms how their wedding day was such a blur and they spent the whole time running around trying to talk to everyone. When you take a weekend event and turn it into a vacation you get to spend time with your guests before the big day. Matt and I got to soak in every single minute of our wedding day and night. Rather than running from table to table to say hi to everyone, we were at the bar getting a fresh made margarita. I don’t think everyone can say that on their wedding day.

Bottom line, Martoca makes it happen!! Thank you Jimmy, Veronica and Team for making our absolute dream wedding come true.

Sent on 05/29/2020

Kat · Married on 11/09/2019

Absolutely Amazing in Every Way

Words cannot express how wonderful and professional this venue and team is. I got married at Martoca on November 16th and they exceeded every expectation imaginable. The entire process from start to finish was so easy and so fun. We booked our date about 1 year in advance (they book up very quickly so plan ahead) then flew out to see the venue in person and meet the team. I communicated with my planner Veronica leading up to our visit and sent her pictures of decor, flowers, and overall layout that I liked. Martoca is very active on Instagram and they post many pictures of past weddings, which was very helpful to see the space decorated in different ways and determine the exact vision we wanted.

Meeting Veronica, Jimmy, and Maite during our visit was so much fun. We toured the venue, tasted from their amazing menu, and saw a sample table setting that they came up with for us. We absolutely loved everything and we were so happy that we booked Martoca! Over the next year, Veronica and I had endless phone calls and text conversations. She was so quick to answer any question I had and always so supportive. I ended every phone call with her feeling very comforted and excited for our big day. She really loves her job and does it wonderfully!

Fast forward to our wedding-- we are still speechless. They blew us away with every detail. It was truly the prettiest venue I have ever seen. The flowers were stunning and the tables looked gorgeous. They threw in so many surprises for us that made me cry. Our friends and family are still talking about it. They were in awe of the surprise fireworks, late night tacos and churros, cigar bar, and more. The DJ Martoca provided was absolutely amazing. Everyone danced the entire night. I still cannot believe how phenomenal our day was and I wish we could do it all over again!

Thank you to Jimmy, Veronica, and the entire Marotca team who made our day so unbelievable special. We are forever grateful for everything you did -- you truly went above and beyond!

Lots of love,
    Kat and Ben

Sent on 12/06/2019

Amigos Ben and Kat,

What a ride huh?!
    Your wedding was an instant classic. I don't really discuss wedding particulars in responses so I will leave it like that, haha. I could write a screen play, haha.
    You guys come back to Martoca anytime and say hi. We will have some Micheladas and Smoked Marlin Tacos and laugh about it all.
    Please give my best to your mother and your family. We will be up in San Fran soon and we will make the Wedding Q and A session for pending Martocos happen. It will be amazing.
    Thank you for such kind words and such appreciation for all our team. We value your trust. We work very hard for each wedding to make our Martocos are very happy during the entire planning process.
    Muchas Gracias amigos! Big hug for Ben. See you soon in Napa :)
    -Jimmy
  • Krista

Krista Messer · Married on 11/04/2019

I wish I could get married here over and over and over again!!!

WOW, wow, WOW! You will not be disappointed. Not only is Mexico beautiful- but Martoca is the icing on the cake. Veronica and Jimmy went above and beyond to make our special day (April 11, 2019) absolutely amazing and made sure that ever guest was treated as family. Prices were much more affordable than California and since we had les guests, we were able to really treat everyone to an experience- not just a normal wedding! The food was delicious, flowers were breathtaking (thank you Maite), and Veronica made sure everything stayed on track so we didn't miss one single moment. Recommended by Veronica- we stayed at Dreams Villamagna and had a great experience. We can not wait to come back and visit! We are forever grateful for our experience at Martoca Beach Garden and are SO happy we booked! Our wedding wouldn't have been as memorable anywhere else.

Sent on 05/10/2019

Martoca Weddings's reply:

Thank you Martocos!! We are so happy you defined the Martoca wedding so perfectly :) It is an experience and not just a wedding ;) Thank you!
    We love to show all aspects of Mexico during your stay and your guests tours and rehearsal dinner and so on. Destination weddings are not only more cost effective, they have much more value. You get your family and friends uninterrupted with no distractions for 3 or 4 days! A true family long weekend that probably will not happen again for decades. We throw in all the Mexican culture and fun entertainment to boot ;) I am so happy you took full advantage of it amigos. Come back and we will show you the other half of the Bay Area :) haha. -Jimmy y Martoca Team
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 10/19/2019

Wedding Guest

One of my best friends got married this past weekend at the Martoca Beach garden and we were all completely blown away by not only the service, the staff and Veronica’s attentiveness but the venue itself was straight out of a fairy tale! Everything was so well put together and the night was seamless. If anything had went wrong that night the staff were sure not to let anyone know in effort to keep the day as stress free as possible. If you are looking for a venue in Mexico- this should be number one on your list!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Martoca Weddings's reply:

Amiga Chelsea thank you so much for your time and effort to spread the love about Martoca. Muchas gracias :) We are so happy guests are loving Martoca just as much as the bride and groom :) That is the ultimate compliment. Come by and have a Corona sometime! :)- Jimmy and Martoca Team
  • Jen

Jen Glenday · Married on 09/04/2019

Take a leap of faith, this team knows what they're doing!

We were married at Martoca in April 2019. I don't know if my words can do enough justice to just how beautiful everything was. I chose the venue sight unseen, based on Weddingwire reviews and a google search. Jimmy was the first person I dealt with when looking for a venue that made me feel like the day was as important to him as it was to me - that really is what made me confident in my decision. Throughout the year I kept contact with our wedding planner Mariana, exchanging photos and texting about decor, reception ideas, etc. The first time I saw the venue in person was the day before our wedding for a dress rehearsal. If I could give future brides one piece of advice, it would be to let go and trust - this team knows what they are doing. The day turned out more beautiful than I could have imagined. Mar captured every detail I was looking for and included surprise touches that really took things over the top. We had a cigar bar, a churro bar, and for a late night snack tacos al pastor (literally the best tacos I have ever had in my life). Many of our guests commented that it was the best wedding they have ever been to. Thank you Jimmy and team for your attention to detail and making us feel so special. For all those couples out there wondering whether Martoca is the right place for you... take a leap of faith and do it! It will blow you away.

Sent on 06/01/2019

Martoca Weddings's reply:

Your words were just perfect thank you! We are honored to have such an impact on your life :) Your open mind and adventurous spirit will take you to amazing journeys in your life amiga. We are happy we were such a joyful reward for your leap of faith. Many couples don't have the opportunity to visit prior to their wedding date and sadly allow this to deter them from enjoying a destination wedding. Your trust in us was our sacred vow to keep. We are glad you gave us a chance to reward your positive thinking and instincts, and your trust in Mexico! :) We got you! Margaritas on me when you come back to visit- Jimmy and Martoca Team

Liz · Married on 08/24/2019

I truly can't say enough amazing words about Jimmy and his team! He was so patient and understanding of all of my requests and easy to collaborate with. The Martoca team came to the table with great suggestions and ideas. Unfortunately, we had some family things come up and our date/plan no longer worked for us but even when I threw this wrinkle in, Jimmy was very understanding. This venue is stunning and I would recommend this team any day.

Sent on 09/27/2018

Martoca Weddings's reply:

Amiga thank you so much for your kind words and the time you took to write them. I am sorry circumstances changed. But, we are always constantly at your service. Let us know if other changes occurs and we will be happy to help :) -God Bless :)
  • Melodie

Melodie · Married on 06/02/2019

Martoca = Magic

We just had our wedding here on June 2nd and as all of the other reviewers say, this place is absolutely amazing and something really special.

We started to get really discouraged in our venue search after getting multiple quotes from hotels in the area. Everything felt very cookie cutter and like we were getting nickel and dimed for every tiny thing. Chair set up? $2. Chair break down? $2. Oh, you want a microphone for your ceremony? $150. Thank GOD we found Martoca because they are the complete opposite. Jimmy and his entire team are genuinely passionate about the brides and grooms they work with and go above and beyond to create a unique, magical experience for every couple.

We signed the contract without seeing the venue and didn't take a trip down to do our tasting and trial until a few months later. By then I was having serious anxiety and thinking we were insane for booking something without meeting anyone or seeing the location. Our communication was mostly over email and I had only provided a few "inspiration pics" to our planners, Mar and Salvador. My anxiety was put to ease the moment we met them. Every bit of food we tasted was delicious. Every drink was refreshing and something I would gladly serve to our guests. Our centerpieces were more beautiful than what I had even sent. Mar and Salvador (and the entire Martoca crew) are true professionals.

Nothing we saw at the trial could have prepared us for the actual wedding. There is something so special about stepping through the gold gates of Martoca. Our entire venue was decorated with flowers and lanterns and more beautiful details than I ever could have imagined. I've never seen a more magical setting in my life. It only got better from there. One line of our contract said something about the service from the waitstaff being "so good, your guests shouldn't have to get up to the bar to get a drink". I LOLed at the time, but they weren't kidding. The servers were better than what I've seen at a 4 star restaurant.

I don't have a single complaint or thing I would do differently. The food and drinks were delicious, fireworks BLEW people away, cigar roller and mariachis were so fun and unique, and late night tacos and churros kept everyone fueled up for the dance floor :)

Most importantly, Jimmy, Mar, and Salvador (and the rest of the Martoca crew) care so much about what they do. They treat you like family and welcome you with open arms into the Martoca family. My husband and I feel so lucky to have found them.

Sent on 06/11/2019

Martoca Weddings's reply:

You are such perfect Martocos :) You are in our circle of trust now :) You gave us your trust and we trusted you to make us proud with enjoying your wedding :) Thank you so much for trusting me and our team. We strive every wedding to make brides forget about worries and focus on their family and friends. I am very happy you felt our love and enjoyed our surprises. My dad's flowers was a special touch he did on his own. I even called hi to thank him. He loved your decor so much he felt inspired to give his own almost 20 inch Heliconia! :) You must have made an impression on my ol' man hahaha. We loved having you and please come back amigos! -Jimmy
  • Maryte

Maryte · Married on 03/30/2019

Over the moon

Martoca should be recognized by the state of Jalisco because they surpass and lead to example of how every venue/restaurant/business should be. When I came across Martoca Beach I was over the moon of all the pictures I have seen from previous weddings. I have been dreaming for many years on how I wanted my wedding to be and Martoca was the perfect venue that exceeded my vision. As soon as I discovered this venue Jimmy got us off to a great start answering all our questions, reserving our date, and finalizing our contract. We initially had 80 guests coming to our wedding and we ended up with a final count of 200 people attending, Jimmy was able to work with us and accommodate us down to the T.

Jimmy blessed us with Veronica and we wouldn’t trade her for the world! I was so nervous to meet her at first but the way she carried herself was phenomenal, she is sweet, trustworsthy, funny, honest, and very hardworking. I was able to notice this all in one day! She picked us up from our hotel and took us to see the venue and then to see our table décor. I sent her numerous pictures behorehand of my vision and she told me I was in good hands. Maite is Martoca’s decorator and let me just say she is the khalessi of flowers and such a Guru~ every single detail exceeded my expectations! It almost felt like she knew me and the style I was looking for. I was stunned and much more excited to have all my guests take in all that Martoca has to offer...

Finally the wedding day. I wasn’t nervous at all. At this very moment all you care about is you and your husband having a great time but as soon as I walked in EVERYTHING made me ball like a baby. My dream wedding became a reality. I was literally taking it all in and just amazed of the work and talent. Martoca without decor is beautiful enough+all extra things you want is beyond words——- The workers truly had white glove service. I swear I felt like Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, every turn I’d do they were always at your service. My guests were speechless. Fireworks. Fire dancers. Live Band. Churros. Tacos. Food. Drinks. What more can you ask for? I truly want to relive every moment all over again- Martoca gave me my telenovela/fairytale/movie scene wedding. My guests are already asking for an anniversary party haha! Thank you so much from the bottom of our hearts.... and ladies do not hesitate and book this venue ASAP.

-Happy Bride, Maryte Sandoval

Sent on 05/01/2019

Martoca Weddings's reply:

Amiga Maryte, reading that you are a happy bride is for me the most rewarding feeling I can have. We had a lot of challenges going form 80 to 200 guests, I'm not gonna lie, haha. But we made it all come together and we love a challenge. We are so happy for you and your guests. You are Martocos now. So come on don again sometime and this time, we will just chill and talk about how your Martoca Wedding went. I am sure you have some stories :) With 200 peeps with open bar for 8 hours I am sure some got Cray Cray! HAHA. I want details :)- We love our Martocos' stories after the weddings... What happens in Martoca stays in Martocos circle of Trust tho- Jimmy

Stefan · Married on 03/02/2019

The Most Amazing Evening At the Most Amazing Venue

My wife and I just had our wedding at Martoca last Saturday night and it was the most amazing event of my life and far exceeded my (I'm sure my wife is writing a separate review) dreams. Everything was just fantastic, I can't say it enough. It all started with Veronica (wedding planner supplied by Martoca) working with my wife to create the night we dreamed of. Veronica was such a pleasure to work with and was very attentive and understanding. Veronica even worked with me on the side to surprise my wife with a vintage car to send us off in at the event. At the wedding, Veronica's and the staff's attention to detail and attentiveness to us and our guests was beyond measure and by far some of the best service I've received in Mexico, or anywhere in the world for that matter. The venue was (is) stunning the decorations were immaculate. I highly HIGHLY recommend the mariachi band the fireworks. Well worth the smiles on our friends' and families' faces.

Martoca Beach Garden, Veronica, and the entire staff are all truly special and they will forever hold a dear place in our hearts. Thank you to everyone involved, we are forever grateful.

And to anyone considering this venue...look no further. This special place and experience is beyond compare.

Sent on 03/07/2019

Amigos Stefan and Nicole,
    Thank you so much. We loved hosting your wedding and seeing how much you enjoyed the dance floor. We love to help and truly show what Mexico and our team is all about. What a ride you had on the chairs with he sombreros :) So cool.
    Thank you again and please come back sometime and visit us. We would love to meet your new family :) -Jimmy
  • Nicole

Nicole Scarzella · Married on 03/02/2019

Look No Further- Martoca is a DREAM Come True!

We just hosted our wedding at Martoca on 3.2.2019. Martoca Beach Garden is the most magical place for a perfect wedding. I cannot put into words just how incredible of an experience I had from start to finish with Martoca, but here is my best attempt..
    From the very beginning, Jimmy the owner was quick to respond to me and very accommodating in selecting the perfect package for our budget. He took time to carefully answer any questions I had, and I felt very comfortable with him. He’s just a good guy, very trustworthy and doesn’t nickel and dime you or throw in surprise costs. Once we decided to move forward with Martoca, we were given Veronica as our wedding planner. Veronica is simply AMAZING in every way possible. Throughout the entire planning process, she was responsive, understanding, sweet, accommodating, reliable, organized- everything you would want in a wedding planner. She was fantastic in making sure my vision for our wedding was executed to perfection. Anything I needed, she took care of it. This woman truly cares, she truly loves her work, and it shows. The day of the wedding, I was in absolute shock of how beautiful the venue was. I felt like I stepped into a fairytale, no exaggeration. Every little detail was thoughtful. The décor, the ceremony, the service, the food, the DJ, the energy- everything was PERFECT. And this is not just a bride’s opinion, every single one of our guests said it was the best wedding they’ve ever been to, that it was so beautiful and special, unlike any other experience at a wedding.
    Veronica – we love you! It brings me to tears to think about how amazing you made our day. You were the ringleader for this outstanding wedding! You and the entire staff provided the best service I’ve ever experienced! No guest was ever without a drink in hand or shot of tequila, and everyone had a blast. Words cannot express how grateful we are. From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Sent on 03/13/2019

AMiga Nicole :)
    Thank you so much for your kind words. We loved hosting and creating your fun and colorful wedding! Loved the colors and sombreros and lighting. You guys are a lovely couple and we always get an extra kick from working for couples that are extra fun and creative. You guys are super fun to work for and that is always a plus for the team. They love to feed off of your joy and ideas. 😁

Come by and have some margaritas some time :)
    Gracias! Jimmy
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 02/23/2019

Best day ever!

I am so happy we chose Martoca! Thank you fellow brides on Wedding Wire:) I actually found this venue online after touring multiple venues in Sayulita. Bucerias was a happy medium for our guests that like resorts in nearby Nuevo Vallarta and for our guests that prefer the small town vibe. I wanted an all inclusive venue because I am a grad student and work full time and the idea of planning a wedding was overwhelming to me. I can honestly say our amazing wedding planner-Vero made the whole process stress free! Jimmy was instrumental in helping us select a date. I wanted a time of year with no rain, not too hot and the least amount of humidity. February it was! We traveled a year in advance to confirm the weather, tour the venue and complete our tasting (which was delicious). Vero and Maite arranged a table with my vision in mind according to the pictures I sent and included some of their own touches. I highly recommend you do this because I felt at ease planning from afar. I was able to incorporate personal touches by sending pictures and Vero and her team exceeded my expectations! I was so impressed and was not at all stressed on my wedding day! Vero even threw in some very thoughtful surprises that made my wedding feel like a dream! So many of our guests have commented that it was the best wedding they have ever been to and we agree! :) The dinner and service was amazing! We were so well taken care of! The waiters were so thoughtful and brought us appetizers while we were taking pictures, served our dinner and the kids first and made sure our drinks were never empty. Our guests were also very impressed with the service. With the stunning decor and flowers, amazing dinner, marachi, tacos, churros, fireworks, open bar and late night dance party-it was the best party i've ever been to and the wedding of my dreams.

Sent on 03/10/2019

Martoca Weddings's reply:

Thank you amigos :) We love to surprise our Martocos. We obviously pride ourselves in keeping our promises and organizing the ideal wedding day. But to exceed your expectations; That is extra special amigos Martocos.
    Welcome to the family. We loved your dress by the way. Muy hermoso :) Pretty cool lighting too :).
    Jimmy

Debbie · Married on 02/15/2019

Best Wedding Venue. Ever.

It has taken me about a month after to write this review because I am still in denial that the day has come and gone :) I am someone who never grew up dreaming about my wedding day, or gave it much thought.... I always wanted something simple. Well let me tell you what.... my wedding at Martoca was absolutely the wedding of my dreams that I never realized I had. I still kept it "simple" - as in I left most of the decor up to Martoca, giving just some simple feedback about the colors and vibe I was going for yet I am fairly certain that by the feedback we have received, many of our guests would never have guessed. Everyone was absolutely blown away with the beautiful decor/scenery and we had several guests tell us that it was the best wedding they have ever attended and I believe it! Veronica was our planner from Martoca and she was extremely professional, creative, on top of things, and NEVER made me feel like I was asking too much.. in fact, anytime I thought I might be asking too much, she always over delivered and brought so much more than I was expecting. On top of the amazing location, team, food, OPEN BAR, bartenders, etc., but everyone there is genuinely just nice and really care about making sure you have the best day of your life. They were constantly very conscious of the fact that I wanted to stick to my budget and are one of few vendors I believe you will ever meet who really care about you first and treat you like family - instead of just another customer. Thank you so much. If you are even considering Martoca as your wedding venue, I can assure you that you do not need to look any further. Book them and see the wedding of your dreams come to life :)

Sent on 03/23/2019

Martoca Weddings's reply:

Amiga Debbie the you so much for such kind words. We are honored to have created your dream wedding you never knew you had :) Such a lovely way to put it. I agree that the Couples who let us "do our thing" tend to have the most easy wedding journey and enjoy the wedding the most. Pretty laid back way to plan, It is funny but true. I always tell our Martoca brides that there is a reason you hired a team that creates weddings for a living, so just let them help you. So I am very happy we created your dream wedding amiga Debbie. And we look forward to your visit in the future! Come by and have some Pacifico beers :) -Jimmy

janaya mclennan` · Married on 01/17/2019

Dream wedding at a dream venue with a dream team!

I have been procrastinating writing a review for Martoca for almost 6 months now…mostly because I didn’t think I’d be able to put everything into words. So bear with me as I try to articulate just how wonderful my Martoca experience was.
    Jimmy and the Martoca team (Salvador and Marianna) helped make the wedding of my dreams come true. My husband and I had been planning to have a destination wedding for a long time – however, I was hesitant as I had seen some resort weddings before, heard horror stories about the planning process, and also had a very specific vision of my day in mind. Luckily, my husband heard about Martoca through a client of his…and after googling pictures and reading reviews, I was hooked. We actually had the pleasure of meeting Salvador, seeing Martoca, and choosing our menu and table settings a year before our wedding – I was sold as soon as we stepped foot on the grounds. My initial contact with Jimmy was wonderful and helped me to know that we were making the right decision, and the great communication continued throughout the entire wedding process.
    All correspondence and communication with Jimmy and the team was impressive…fast responses, answers to any questions, and clear and honest communication. Jimmy clearly has a lot of experience in the planning process, and had a quote for me with everything I had hoped to include (and more) for a price that I thought was reasonable. A wedding at home with everything would have probably been at least triple the price…and half the experience.
    Our actual wedding was amazing. All of our friends and family still talk about it, raving about everything – the food (and drinks), the vendors, the décor, the location, the staff. The team executed everything flawlessly, making the wedding-planning process stress free and fun. Every detail is taken care of – your transportation, hair and makeup, music, decorations, photography, etc. We were so happy with being able to choose our vendors for this and were so impressed with our selections (Ave Sol Photography, Paloma Garcia Salon, InLoop Videography). They all came highly recommended by the Martoca team and did a fabulous job delivering on the day of.
    The actual venue was beautiful and fabulously decorated. Florals were amazing and copious, with beautiful draping, candles, lighting, and tableware. The DJ played all the requested songs for our ceremony flawlessly, and had the dance floor packed all night. Our mariachi band, fireworks, churros, and tacos were a huge surprise for our guests and a huge hit. Many guests even said they felt like they were in a wedding from a movie. All the food was DELICIOUS and beautifully presented. The service was wonderful and so professional. The drinks were stiff (especially after having resort drinks all week) and delicious with lots of selection at the bar. (Our rowdy group of guys did drink the bar out of beer before the end of the night…but that probably wasn’t the worst thing that could happen). I swear my wine glass kept magically refilling without me noticing it! Marianna and Salvador were excellent to work with, and made sure everything was executed flawlessly. They both would check in with us several times throughout the day to make sure everything was going well, and to let us know what to expect – which was greatly appreciated. I could see them both working hard behind the scenes…thank you both for all you do!
    As with any event, there were a few small things that did not go according to plan. However, the team dealt with these all in stride, and they did not affect the quality of our day at all – details that no one noticed or were fixed so quickly that no one knew the difference. I did speak with Jimmy about a few of these minor issues after the wedding, and was so impressed with his response. Nothing affected the quality of our day or my memories or impression of Martoca…just small hiccups that happen in any kind of event. I think the way the team dealt with these actually made me more impressed with Martoca.
    We are both thrilled to be part of the Martoca family, and are so happy with our decision to have our wedding at Martoca. Thank you again to Jimmy and the team for all your hard work in making wedding dreams reality. If you are thinking of choosing Martoca as your wedding destination…you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 07/05/2019

Martoca Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much for your lovely words amigos Martocos :) I thought I had responded to you sooner. I am so happy you loved everything. I am truly happy you had such h a blast! We all make mistakes in weddings in life. It is how we react and correct them and fix them on the fly that matters :)
    I am so happy Mariana and our team was able to surpass your expectations :) And for a third of the price! :) I am going to have to raise prices haha.--Martoca Forever-Jimmy
  • Lauren

Lauren Hay · Married on 12/22/2018

Lauren and Matt, December 22, 2018

My husband and I got married at Martoca on December 22, 2018 and it was absolute magic. We knew we wanted a destination wedding and found Martoca on Google. After reading the reviews, I knew I wanted our wedding to be here. We booked our date over a year ahead of time and mostly dealt with Jimmy, the owner/operator for the contractual agreement and costs. For the actual wedding planning and details, my contact was Veronica. There are a few different wedding planners and mine so happened to be her. I don't have the words to describe how wonderful, helpful, competent and brilliant Veronica is. I am in grad school and work full-time so planning a wedding was daunting for me, as my time for extra tasks is limited. I was not a fussy bride. I knew the "look" that I wanted and conveyed that to Veronica and her team in person and via phone and email. We had 52 guests and I wanted an elegant, but not too ridiculous, wedding. I sent Veronica Pinterest pictures of what I liked and she made it happen. If I can offer a bride any advice when working with a Martoca team, it would be to NOT try and be in control of every aspect and detail. Let them work. They are brilliant. I was very hands off in my planning. I trusted Veronica and her team and I was awestruck at the result. Our wedding was and will always be the most amazing wedding all of our guests have ever attended. Details that I never considered i.e. people spilling their drinks on the dance floor...they had someone dedicated to toweling up liquid so no one slipped...they think of everything. If I can offer a few more pieces of advice: go with the fireworks. Everyone will cry and it's pure magic. Opt for the tacos and churros at the end of the night. People still have not stopped talking about it. Also go with the crystal light-up dance floor. Well worth it. Veronica was not just a wedding planner, she provided me with advice and emotional support when she could tell I was stressed or struggling. She is always surveying the party to make sure everyone is having fun and there is never a dull moment. If you let these people do what they love, they will give you the most amazing memories. I feel forever indebted to them. They also provided me with the most amazing photographer, Jorge Romero. He is not always available, but I was lucky.

Sent on 02/19/2019

Martoca Weddings's reply:

Thank you soo much for your insight and kind words amigos Martocos :) Your wedding was one of our favorites! Great ideas and lighting. Oh, and the Sunset was special ordered by the way :)
    We truly enjoy couples that are fun and have such good vibes. Easy going brides make weddings more joyful to create and if the wedding team is happy and enjoys working for you, well, you get much better results and a lot of extra love. That is when they start to flood your wedding with little details and extras that they throw in... because they actually like you as a person and enjoy your company. We are all human, and if we feel trusted and loved, believe me, the team will go even beyond our already high service standards to honor your trust and your friendship.
    So, well played amiga, well played!
    Come back soon and we will have some Pacificos and enjoy another Martoca sunset. This time we will jump in the pool :)- Jimmy

Nelly · Married on 12/16/2018

parents of the bride

Our daughter got married at Martoca on December 16th and we truly could not be happier with how everything turned out! Martoca was absolutely a dream venue and they made our daughter's wedding day the most special, beautiful, beyond words spectacular day we could have ever imagined it being. There was not a single glitch in the wedding. Everything was timed perfectly, the service was phenomenal, the venue was decorated impeccably and all of our guests had the best time. We would like to especially thank Veronica, Jimmy, and the entire martoca team for all of the work they put in to making our daughter's wedding the best it could have been! They were so responsive and attentive to all of our concerns during the planning process and were there to take care of every little detail on the day of the wedding. We could not be more grateful. If you are looking for a destination wedding venue, Martoca is the best of the best!!
    -Nelly and Dima

Sent on 12/22/2018

Martoca Weddings's reply:

Amiga Nelly thank you for such kind words. We are so happy for you and your guests and daughter Tanya. You guys did great! I told you we had you covered :)
    We have many guests from San Francisco and now we have so many more happy Martocos from San Fran... I am going to have to go visit! :) Thank you so much and see you soon.-Jimmy

Tanya · Married on 12/16/2018

Amazing Martoca wedding!

I recently got married at Martoca and it was a dream come true! They executed my vision flawlessly and made everything more beautiful than I could have ever imagined! Wedding planning was made so much easier by making most big decisions upon signing the contract, when you can select what you want in your wedding (including decorations, flowers, DJ, band, fireworks, tacos, other entertainment, etc.) After that, we pretty much planned the entire wedding over text and calls with Veronica. My husband and I have very busy schedules and this was a huge convenience! Over our last month of planning, Veronica became one of my dearest friends. She went above and beyond on numerous occasions, and was so detail-oriented, patient, and enthusiastic. So many of our guests said it was the best wedding they had ever been to! The service, décor, music, flowers, food, entertainment were impeccable! We would like to sincerely thank Jimmy, Veronica, Maite, and the rest of the amazing Martoca team for giving us our dream wedding! We will be forever grateful, and highly recommend this venue to others!

Sent on 12/28/2018

Martoca Weddings's reply:

Amiga Tanya, we LOVED how your wedding table settings look! My wife Vanessa loved your flowers and colors. She has seen many weddings over the years in Martoca, and your decor really popped out to her. So great job amiga. I am so happy for you. Give my best to your mom and dad. -JImmy

Amy Pope · Married on 11/04/2018

Magical Beachside Wedding

Martoca Beach Garden is the most magical wedding venue. I just recently got married at Martoca Beach Garden on November 15th and am still on a high!! My now husband and I had never been to Puerto Vallarta or seen the venue before booking, but after reading reviews and stalking every photo Martoca Beach Garden was tagged in on social media we took the leap and booked it and we have zero regrets. We saw Martoca for the first time at our rehearsal, the day before on 11/14, were blown away. It is so private, green, and gorgeous. The next day, the big day, we saw everything set up and it was PERFECT. It is crazy how much the place transforms!!! The photos on their website don't do it justice. All of the decor, flowers, lights, furniture, signs, etc. are so insanely beautiful and well done. Our wedding was GORGEOUS. My planner Veronica is the most amazing person and is a rockstar at her job. I didn't have a clear cut vision, so I sent her hundreds of pinterest photos and she was able to create something even more beautiful than I could have ever imagined. She is the real MVP!! The food was delicious, probably some of the best we had while in Puerto Vallarta. We are still talking about all of it, the appetizers, main course, and late night tacos and churros. Seriously, every bite of food was to die for. All of the staff was super courteous, polite, and on top of their game. We never went thirsty :) I know everyone says their wedding was the most amazing day of their life, but mine truly was. It was the best wedding I've ever been to, the most beautiful one, and it was mine!!! I am forever wishing I could relive that day. Thank you so much Jimmy, Veronica, and Martoca. My friends and family are still raving about it and we are all having withdrawals and wish we could do it again!!!

Sent on 11/30/2019

Martoca Weddings's reply:

As your hubby Max happily yelled out -- "Martoca Forever", haha. Thank you so much for such kind words for our Martoca Team amiga. We truly appreciate your trust in our team and for booking site unseen. We really enjoyed surprising you.
    we enjoyed your guests and family. Thank you for choosing Martoca and please come by anytime and have some Shots! :)
    -Jimmy and Martoca Team
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 10/27/2018

The most amazing wedding day and experience you could ever imagine!

We just got married at Martoca this past weekend and it was absolutely perfect. Jimmy and especially Veronica made the whole wedding planning process soooo easy... almost too easy! Everything from the servers, dj, food and setting was absolutely AMAZING. You truly feel like you are part of the family. Veronica is the most perfect angel on earth and honestly just having her as part of the package is enough reason to book Martoca. We had a 118 person wedding 3 days after hurricane Willa hit and it was the best most beautiful place imaginable. Our guests could not stop talking about how much fun and “epic” it was. Maite and her flowers were unbelievable. Veronica was so helpful and made our dreams come true. It was truly the best day ever and the Martoca team is to thank.

Sent on 10/30/2018

Martoca Weddings's reply:

Gracias amigos mios! We loved serving you. It is always extra fun to have such a deserving couple. You guys really had lot of great dancing going on :) Our team enjoyed your family and the fact hat you were not deterred or upset about the hurricane. And God rewarded you with a wonderful wedding weekend :)
    So enjoy your wedding pictures and come back when no hurricanes are coming OK? Deal? haha.
    Jimmy and Martoca Team
  • Mary

Mary Gerber · Married on 10/27/2018

The Most Spectacular Wedding!!

Martoca wedding venue created the most magical wedding we could imagine! Veronica is the BEST wedding cordinator I’ve ever seen! We met her one year before the wedding, my daughter-in-law had a vision and they delivered! Veronica’s ideas were exactly what we wanted. I have been to many wedding’s in my life, this topped them all! Without even asking, they added extra touches. A board with their names, flowers were everywhere, I could go on and on! If you are looking for the perfect destination wedding, look no further! Martoca Is The Best!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Martoca Weddings's reply:

We are very proud of Vero :) Thank you. Martoca Weddings are all about the extra love and surprises for our couples and guests. We are always extra honored to hear from the mothers of our brides :) Thank you for your kind words!- Jimmy