Martellens Dress & Bridal Boutique Reviews

Martellens Dress & Bridal Boutique 6
Martellens Dress & Bridal Boutique 7

Trish · Getting married on 11/02/2019

Great Experience!!

Mary Ellen was extremely helpful, she knew the inventory like the back of her hand. She truly listened to what I was looking for and was able to bring dresses that fit exactly my taste! This salon has one of the best selections of dresses I have visited!! Amazing!

Sent on 01/27/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 10/14/2018

Dream come true

The staff was professional and friendly! The boutique has a large selection of dresses for you to choose from. I was very pleased with my alterations. The dress was absolutely stunning!

Sent on 11/02/2018

Laura · Married on 10/07/2017

If I had to describe Martellen’s in one word, it would be FABULOUS!! This warm and friendly bridal boutique exudes everything you could possibly be looking for when finding your perfect dress – wonderful staff, a super relaxed atmosphere, and a HUGE selection of designer dresses. I had previously tried four other bridal boutiques and truly thought maybe the whole “this is it” feeling of finding my dress just wasn’t for me. The other places felt cold and the dresses just didn't excite me. Then I went to Martellen’s. I remember looking at my mom saying, “Why did we waste our time going anywhere else?!” Martellen’s had SO many dresses and the staff was incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. The owner, Mary Ellen, suggested I try on a dress that she thought I would look good in. I laughed a bit because it wasn’t a style I had even thought about trying on and sure enough I put that dress on and had tears in my eyes. It was the feeling I had been hoping for when finding my perfect dress! The serviceability didn't stop there - they had me come back as many times as needed for alterations. They wanted my dress to fit exactly how I wanted it. If I could give more than 5 stars, I would! Thank you Martellen's, for helping me find my perfect dress and for making me feel like the most beautiful bride on my wedding day!

Sent on 10/30/2017

Kelly · Married on 09/09/2017

Came here specifically to find a Maggie Sottero dress. And I couldn't have asked for better service. These ladies actually cared about me and my day!

Sent on 09/14/2017

Gianna · Married on 08/26/2017

The women of Martellen's truly have a gift at helping their brides select the dress of their dreams. The entire experience was one that I look back on and wish I could relive over and over again. They make each bride feel beautiful and special and this is because they have a genuine care for their brides and the visions you hold for your big day. Every bridal appointment was stress free and fun as every bride hopes it to be. The seamstresses are beyond talented and super sweet. You can trust on them to help make your dress feel as though it was custom made just for you!

Thank you to the wonderful team at Martellen's, you ladies are one of a kind!!!!

Sent on 08/18/2018
    Martellens Dress & Bridal Boutique 8
    Martellens Dress & Bridal Boutique 9
    Martellens Dress & Bridal Boutique 10
    Martellens Dress & Bridal Boutique 11
    Martellens Dress & Bridal Boutique 12
    Martellens Dress & Bridal Boutique 13

Colleen · Married on 05/27/2017

I absolutely love Martellens! I would recommend them to ANYONE!! I found my dream dress here and the price was extremely reasonable!! I didn't believe the price when they first said it! It was actually cheaper here than at another place I had tried it on! The ladies here are so nice and helpful. They make everyone feel welcome :) They were also great when it came to my dress fittings! I accidentally had the seamstress take the dress in a little too much in the back, and they gave me their professional opinion to have the seamstress let it out a little so that I would be more comfortable on my wedding day! Thank you again for everything!!! :) I would go back here in a heartbeat!

Sent on 10/12/2017
    Martellens Dress & Bridal Boutique 14

Janet · Married on 11/05/2016

I had the best experience at Martellen's every single time I came here. Every one of these wonderful ladies are amazing and they will make your dress shopping experience wonderful. Their dresses are gorgeous and affordable. They'll definitely help you find the perfect dress for you! I went on a Tuesday in the early afternoon and I was the only one there, which was nice. They do get really busy on Saturdays but from what I saw when I would come in for my fittings, they're still very attentive to each bride. I probably tried on at least 20 dresses and some of them multiple times and not once was that an issue. My consultant wanted me to find my perfect dream dress and I wasn't pressured at all to make a decision. I did find my dress that day and it actually ended up being the dress she and Mary Ellen suggested I try on. I had alterations done by one of their seamstresses and she was so sweet and talented. Everything was perfect and I definitely looked and felt beautiful on my wedding day!!

Do not hesitate to make an appointment to try on dresses at Martellen's. I absolutely love my dress and I'm genuinely going to miss coming in for my fittings and seeing these amazing ladies!!

Sent on 11/07/2016

Amanda · Married on 09/03/2016

Don't even bother going to any other bridal salon/boutique. Martellen's was amazing. Very helpful, nice, and accommodating. If you're in need of a wedding dress, please come see them!! The seamstress is absolutely amazing too!!

Sent on 09/07/2016

Colleen · Married on 07/30/2016

The staff at Martellens is amazing! I had a wonderful experience and loved working with Mary Ellen. The dress selection is great and I just loved my dress by Sottero Midgely. My dress was a little tight on my final fitting and they were able to let it out a bit within a half hour to make it just perfect for me to take. Very satisfied.

Sent on 11/11/2016

Christy · Married on 04/22/2016

I checked out a number of Bridal Salon’s when shopping for a wedding dress and Martellen’s was fantastic! I was getting married on a beach and looking for a dress that fit with that environment. It was somewhat difficult finding something in the style/material I was looking for. The selection at Martellen’s was great! They had a wide variety of dresses and a number of styles that I really liked without sticker-shock prices. The service was also wonderful! Missy (I believe that was her name) was such a pleasure to work with. She was patient and very good at making suggestions based on my likes/dislikes as I was trying the dresses on. She didn’t pressure me to buy something that day and even encouraged me to keep my other dress appointments even after I found a dress that I thought would probably be the one. Sure enough, I ended up back there ordering that very dress! (Maggie Sottero is a genius…love, love, love her dresses!) All the women that work at Martellen’s were friendly and knowledgeable and treated us very well every time we came in. Fortunately, my dress didn’t need much in the alternation department, but what was needed, was done exceptionally well by their tailor and didn’t cost me a fortune! They were quick and on-time with everything, appointments, alterations, etc. They also did a great job steaming the dress and getting it ready to transport. My parents drove the dress to our wedding and 3 days, (and multiple hotel rooms later) it looked just as good as the day they picked it up. Thank you Martellen’s!

Sent on 08/25/2016
  • OttersHavingFun

Arielle and Mike · Married on 03/12/2016

I bought my wedding dress from Martellen's and they were so great to work with. They had a great selection of gowns and they did a great job of finding gowns for me to try on that were what I had pictured in my mind wearing. I found my dress in 1 visit! They were friendly and did not rush you at all. I was an out of town bride and they were so accommodating of my schedule. I did my alterations here as well and they turned out great. Martellen's made wedding gown shopping an absolute joy.

Sent on 04/11/2016

Caitlin · Married on 08/15/2015

This was my one stop shop for my wedding dress! Fortunately, I already knew which designer I wanted and the general style. In a random Google search I stumbled upon Martellen's and thank goodness for that! From the initial phone contract all the way through now (dress and veil are in, first fitting completed) I have received nothing but great service. Now, I do have to say that I prefer not to be fussed over as a bride, and I think this place does it just the right amount. They make you feel special but are not in your face. I was able to find the EXACT dress I was looking for. They also were very flexible when I had a change of heart the next day and asked to have a corset back rather than rhinestone buttons! The answer was "no problem!". My wedding dress and veil both came in two months early which allowed me to get the initial fitting done before my planning has gotten too crazy. I have one more fitting scheduled a month before my wedding and have no doubt it will be just as great. The ladies here are fantastic!

Sent on 03/05/2015

Kellie · Married on 11/08/2014

I know multiple brides that went to Martellen's and loved it! So, I thought I'd try them out! I am so glad I decided to get my dress here. They are so nice and patient, you don't feel rushed like you do at other places. The service is wonderful, and they will not let you walk out the door until your dress fits you perfectly and you are comfortable in it. My dress was came in with more than enough time for alterations which I had done there by their seamstress (she is great also)!

Sent on 12/01/2014

Lauren · Married on 10/11/2014

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND GO HERE FOR YOUR BRIDAL GOWN!
    I cannot say enough positive things about Martellen's! I absolutely LOVE this place! Everyone that works there is sweet, kind, patient and absolutely wonderful! They have such gorgeous dresses and their pricing is good too! I found multiple dresses at this store, and ultimately ended up picking a dress that I didn't even pick out! I thought I found my dress and went back to try it on again. When I did, Mary Ellen said "I pulled a few more that I thought you may like since you were already coming in" and low and behold I ended up with a dress that she had pulled instead of the dress I thought I wanted! They are just amazing here! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/24/2014

Kris · Married on 10/04/2014

I bought both my dress and veil at Martellens. I went to the shop originally to try on a Maggie Sottero dress but ended buying a Casablanca dress - Matellens has a wide variety of gorgeous dresses to chose from and sizes that you can actually try on so you know what the dress will look like! Everyone at the shop was great to work with. The seamstress was especially wonderful in making sure that the dress both looked great and fit comfortably and alterations were very reasonable.

Sent on 10/15/2014

Everyone is so wonderful and encouraging at Martellen's. I first visited in September and worked with Taja. I had a good idea about the dress I wanted, came to Martellen's to try on a smaller sample size to confirm that it was 'the dress', and knew immediately that this would be the store I buy from.

At the other salon I had visited, they told me I needed a 10 and $400+ in alterations. They strongly encouraged me to add belts and other bling to the dress. I was pretty clear that I was looking for something simple and classic with a good fit.

At Martellen's, they had the same measurements and told me I was a perfect fit in an 8. I trusted their judgment and here I am 2 months before my wedding with a dress that still fits like a dream -- in a 8 -- and only $150 in alterations to prepare the bustle. They never tried to upsell me on accessories, and were actually pretty awesome when I decked myself out in Etsy's finest.

The seamstress, Maria, is great, and everyone you work with at Martellen's is really down to earth and looking out for you. If you're a low-key bride -- or even if you're not -- this is a great group of ladies to work with. There are selections for girls like me, and for those who want to look princessy. You can't go wrong here.

Sent on 05/19/2014

Amanda · Married on 10/12/2013

I bought my wedding dress and my bridesmaids bought there bridesmaid dresses at Martellen's. I could not have had a better experience looking for and purchasing a dress! I had a slight idea of what I wanted in a dress, but was open to other possibilities as well. I was able to try on a variety of different dresses and was able to know for sure what I wanted. The staff at Martellen's is very prompt and, most importantly, let you know everything that was going on with your orders. I received a phone call when my dress was ordered, when it shipped and when it arrived. My bridesmaids got similar phone calls as well. It was nice to have that service when planning a wedding... one less thing to be stressed about! Thank you, Martellen's!

Sent on 10/28/2013

This was the first stop on my quest to find the perfect wedding dress, and it should be your first stop, too. The staff was SO patient with me, so helpful and so nice. I was glad I came to this store first to try on wedding dresses.

The toughest part about picking a dress from Martellen's was that EVERY dress there was beautiful! There are no ugly dresses in that shop, I swear. They carry Maggie Sottero, Casablanca, and Essence/Ella of Australia. While it's a boutique, not one of those big chain stores with racks and racks of dresses, here it's about the quality of the dresses over the quantity (though they do still have quite a few dresses to choose from).

No one pressured me at all and they were very respectful of my budget. Dresses here seem to range from about $1100-$2000. Even once the sale was made, the employees were super sweet and attentive, making sure everything was just perfect. And there were no glitches or horror stories with messing up orders, delays, etc. that you hear about with other bridal shops. Also, the seamstress, Maria, was awesome. Her work was meticulous.

Sent on 06/22/2013

Sarah · Married on 05/04/2013

Maryellen and Cathy are a great pair. You will feel like you are on "Say Yes to the Dress"!

Sent on 07/29/2013
  • Jacquelyn

Jacquelyn · Married on 11/13/2018

I cannot say enough about my experience with Martellen's. I currently live in Arizona but grew up in Oak Lawn. It was so incredibly important to me to be able to shop with my mom and three sisters back home for my gown. I found Martellen's and worked to schedule an appointment with them because they were one of the few salons that carried my preferred designer. My experience far surpassed my expectations. They accommodated a private appointment for me on a Sunday when my family could all get off work. Bonnie was sweet and patient, but most of all...listened to what I wanted. Communication was great from the shop during the ordering and shipping process and I felt like they really cared about my experience. Martellen's made the special moment I always looked forward to possible. And I got the most amazing dress!

Sent on 03/23/2018

Mary was awesome and she helped me find my dress. The experience was relaxing and fun compared to other wedding dress places. My only disappointment was the seamstress. She was nice but I think she lacks the eye of telling how a dress fits on the body and she insisted that that's how a dress should look. My dress ended up being too tight and you can tell in the pictures. Also multiple times she forgot to make certain adjustments to my dress. But if you're a bride that knows actually what she wants, be vocal and you'll be better off then me.

Sent on 09/16/2015

Elizabeth · Married on 07/11/2015

I can't not say enough wonderful things about this shop. They made my mom and I so comfortable and neither of us every felt any pressure during our appointment. They do not over book their appointments like the big chain stores and were able to give individual attention. I narrowed my options down to two dresses and tried each one on probably about 5 times before making my decision. They even called the seamstress in to talk about my different options. Their prices are on point with the larger retailers, although shipping was much less. Many stores said I would have to pay a rush fee (I was buying in January for my July wedding), but not at Martellen's. My dress is expected the last week of March/first week of April. I can't wait!

Sent on 02/15/2015

Erin · Married on 03/03/2013

Love Love Love!! The girls made me feel so special and found me the dress of my dreams. They were so patient and kind throughout the process.

Sent on 03/13/2013

Sarah · Married on 09/30/2016

I found my dress at Martellens, and I was so thrilled with it! I had gone to a few other boutiques before, and hadn't found anything that I really loved. The people at Martellen's found me a beautiful dress that was exactly what I was looking for, and at less than half the price of what I had seen elsewhere. Highly recommend!!

The only reason I held back from giving a solid 5 stars was the alterations- they got it done on time, but I really had to push for fixes for things that I felt should have been obvious, so there was more stress/irritation involved with that than there needed to be.

Sent on 02/10/2017

Tara · Married on 10/14/2017

4.2

Absolutely love my dress and veil. Everyone was very nice and helpful. Couldn't be happier! I also got my alterations done here as well, and am happy with the results. =)

Sent on 10/30/2017