Marriott St. Louis Grand Reviews

25 | Saint Louis, MO

25 Reviews for Marriott St. Louis Grand

Jiajing · Married on 06/16/2017

My husband and I decided on the Statler Ballroom and it was an incredible experience!! Words cannot describe how happy we were with this choice. We made this decision early in the planning process and it really laid the foundation for the wedding as a whole. Melissa was our event coordinator and she really did everything possible to make us feel comfortable and make sure our needs were met. We felt cared for in every way. Alison (Sales Manager) was a joy to work with at the beginning when we were crafting the food & beverage package. She was very reasonable in accommodating our requests and we felt we could really trust the entire team. It was the perfect venue for out of town guests. There is nothing like the Statler in St. Louis – go for it and you won’t be disappointed! They have an amazing Executive Chef and their options are truly wonderful.

Sent on 11/01/2017

Caroline · Married on 05/06/2017

Our wedding reception at the Marriott St. Louis Grand was more beautiful than we had imagined. The Statler ballroom was elegant and romantic, the cuisine was superb, and the staff was friendly and attentive to our guests. More importantly, our event timeline was well orchestrated and organized and that is all thanks to our Event Coordinator, Shelby Robbins. Shelby was my right hand during the wedding planning process. She was extremely organized, responsive, helpful, professional, and well-mannered. She coordinated the reception timeline and asked very detailed questions to ensure our reception was exactly how we envisioned. I provided Shelby with notes on how to arrange my décor (vases, guest book table, etc.) and it was all set up meticulously and exactly as I instructed. Shelby was a stress reliever for me during the planning process, and I appreciated her accountability and her willingness to bend over backwards for me. The Marriott brand is known for its exclusive and exquisiteness and Shelby is a perfect representative of that. We cannot thank her enough for her assistance during the past year. She truly made our reception beautiful and absolutely perfect.

Sent on 05/18/2017

Natalie · event on 08/21/2015

Hotel service was great. Food was outstanding.

Sent on 08/08/2015

Professional staff, beautiful event space

Sent on 02/16/2015

Suzy · Married on 12/12/2014

The Renaissance was an exceptional place to have our Wedding Reception. The Crystal Ballroom has no equal in St. Louis and it's a guarantee that the Reception will be something that every guest will remember. The hotel Wedding coordinators, Heather and Jennifer, were amazing. Professional and hard-working---they will take care of everything and you do not need to worry about any of the details for the special day!

Sent on 12/20/2014

Marissa · Married on 09/21/2013

I had my reception in the Statler Ballroom at the Renaissance Grand Hotel in St Louis this past September and we had an amazing night! The food is excellent, the ballroom is gorgeous, complete with a built in bar, high ceilings, marble neutral color flooring, private restrooms, and huge windows and the staff is excellent. In specific, our Event Coordinator, Alyssa Como, was an absolute treat. Alyssa was not only fun to work with, she was on top of everything imaginable. She really thought of everything and clearly made it her personal goal to make sure our night was perfect. Her attention to detail, follow up, overall communication, and professionalism made the entire planning process a breeze. The Banquet Manager, chef, and wait staff were all awesome as well. Our night picked up more towards the end (dancing, etc) and the banquet manager allowed the DJ to play several extra songs to really close the night out on a high note. She was extremely accommodating, friendly, and a pleasure to work with. Although that may seem like a small detail, it definitely did not go unnoticed by myself, as well as the other guests.

Sent on 10/03/2013

Pam · Married on 07/06/2013

We were thrilled with the Renaissance Grand. The ceremony room and Statler Ballroom are beautiful spaces. Everyone we worked with were utter professionals. John and Liz were amazing, as were all the servers and staff. Our guests raved about the food. The servers kept checking on my husband and I to make sure we were taken care of.

I did not have to worry about setup- we brought all our centerpieces, alter arrangements, aisle runners, decorations, and the hotel staff set them all up. Likewise, they collected and stored everything until the next day when I could pick them up. They were also very thoughtful- our gifts and a slice of wedding cake were brought to our bridal suite, and there was champagne waiting for us.

Having our wedding here was the best decision we made! I am very grateful to the staff of the Renaissance Grand for making it a memorable day!

Sent on 07/08/2013

Leah · Married on 07/06/2013

Simply amazing. If you want to be ensured you are going to have an amazing wedding, from the food, to the bar, to the venue, this is the place you want to pick! Everyone was amazing, especially the event staff. The bartenders poured generous drinks and made sure to attend tot he bridal party and my elderly grandmother, which made her very happy! If you can choose your coordinator, definitely pick Alyssa Como! She rocks at what she does and is such an awesome person too! She made everything come together flawlessly!

Sent on 08/06/2013

We could not have been happier with the team down at the Renaissance St. Louis Grand. From the initial meeting to the actual night, everything was done with detail and class. The food tasting was more then we could have imagined. We wanted to tweak one of their options and the chef took the time to prepare an item for us outside of what he had already prepared. Being able to take everything down to the venue the Tuesday before the wedding was such a great mind relaxer. After the final meeting on Tuesday, we knew there was nothing to worry about at the reception. I was floored when I walked in the venue after our ceremony and saw how gorgeous all the ideas turned out. The Crystal Ballroom could not be more charming. The food was AMAZING and we had sooo many compliments on the venue and how no one knew St. Louis had such a gem. Truly appreciated everything the staff did for us especially our coordinator Trish Foxe.

Sent on 10/10/2013

Meghan · Married on 06/09/2012

I had my wedding ceremony and reception in the Statler room of the hotel. You step into the room and it seems as if you transport into a different time. The details of the room are amazing. The pillars and floor are marble. The ceiling is wedgwood. No other venue in town compared to this room. I knew from the moment I walked in that this is where I was getting married.

The hotel staff is fabulous. Every person I worked with went above and beyond to make my day as perfect as it could be....and I must say that my day turned out exactly as planned. I could not have been happier with the results. If you book your wedding at this hotel, you will not be disappointed. I wish I could re-live the wedding day all over again. I had the best time!! And I received so many complements from family and friends on how the wedding turned out and how the staff performed.

Sent on 07/06/2012

Katie · Married on 09/24/2011

I had my wedding at Renassiance Grand in the Crystal Ballroom and it was absolutely incredibe. Not only is the venue beautiful, but the staff is amazing. Corri was so helpful and nice. Liz made sure that everything went perfectly that day. I did not have to worry about a thing. The food was incredibly good as well. Our guests could not stop talking about what a wonderful reception we had!!!

Sent on 10/11/2011

Jessica · Married on 10/16/2010

The Renaissance Grand Hotel was absolutely beautiful and we had a great experience working with them. Katie Vreeland was our sales manager and John Nelleson was our event manager; Katie sold the place and John went above and beyond with delivering. In my other life, I am a corporate event planner and I was concerned that during my wedding I would be more of an event planner than a bride which was not the case at all. I completely trusted John and was able to really let go, relax, have fun and enjoy my wedding. The venue is absolutely stunning but the staff was incredibly hospitable and helpful. We brought a bunch of candy for a candy buffet, John and his staff turned it into beautiful decor and put the candy buffet together in a beautifully artistic way. He also put the flowers on our wedding cake and it looked beautiful! One of my favorite memories from that night was John finding me and my now husband to show us how they transformed the Crystal Ballroom from a ceremony to the reception; it was so nice to be able to share that moment before all of the guests saw it. I can't say enough about the Renaissance Grand Hotel, if you choose them you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 11/05/2010

Kate · Married on 08/30/2008

Everything was wonderful, they took care of everything for you. All my gifts were put into my room for me and all the guests loved the food. This was just the place for my reception, and it was just beautiful. They were more than accomadating.

Sent on 09/02/2008

Lauri · Married on 06/20/2015

Our daughter and son-in-law selected the Crystal Ballroom at the Marriott Grand for their wedding reception and it was a beautiful venue and wonderful evening. Their event coordinator was wonderful to work with during the planning process and the actual event. The reception was such fun and we are very grateful for the wonderful memories.
    Thank you!

Sent on 07/24/2018

Goldie · Married on 11/29/2014

I had both my ceremony and reception at the hotel. All the staff here is a delight to work with and they really went above and beyond to make my wedding day special. I was in St. Louis looking at other venues by myself, and had only recently communicated with this vendor before my trip -but didn’t have an appointment. I had some extra time and gave them a call and they were more than happy to accommodate and show me the venue space on the fly (like 5 minutes notice). I also had a very strict budget and they worked with me to give me the dream wedding I could afford. The wedding coordinator I was assigned to, Alyssa Como was also wonderful - I did not need to hire a wedding planner (or day of planner) with her- she made sure everything was taken care of and I did not spend my wedding worrying about anything other than enjoying myself!

Sent on 12/21/2014
  • Dhaniele

Dhaniele · Married on 08/20/2011

Incredible place to have a wedding. They work with you on you're every desire for your big day. I could not have been happier with this reception site.

Sent on 09/13/2011

Angela · Married on 08/21/2015

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at Renaissance St. Louis Grand Hotel, now known as the Marriott Grand, in the Crystal and Statler Ballrooms. Such an elegant venue! We couldn't have asked for better service! Their willingness to accommodate our wedding requests and our guests was awesome. We had some scares when we noticed months before our wedding the hotel was undergoing major renovations. We weren't informed of this prior to signing our contract, almost 18 months in advance, so we were quite disappointed and nervous. Hotel staff assured us the renovations should be completed prior to our wedding so we were definitely on pins and needles. Renovations were complete a couple of weeks before our wedding and we couldn't have been more pleased. The new space and rooms were magnificent! Our guests were ranting and raving about the quality of this hotel, the level of service that was provided, and the elegance of our wedding....a job well done! Thanks Marriott Grand for helping to make our wedding so special.

Sent on 10/07/2015
  • Carly

Carly · Married on 09/11/2010

I cannot say enough great things about the Renaissance Grand hotel and the Crystal Ballroom. Katie Vreeland was wonderful and easy to work with and our even manager Kristin Sanders was absolutely amazing. The banquet staff made our wedding even more impressive with their service and the food. All our wedding guests raved about the venue, the service and the food. They pride themselves on service at the Renaissance (and you definitely pay for it with the 24% gratuity), but it is well worth it!

Sent on 09/14/2010

Andrea · Married on 05/10/2008

What a gorgeous venue. We were treated like royalty!

Sent on 12/15/2008

Jen · Married on 10/25/2008

3.5

The event was absolutely amazing. The staff at the Renaissance was very professional, on top of all the details and created the best experience for all the guests - especially the wedding party! I would recommend this venue to anyone. It isn't cheap but the quality and execution of the event made up for it!! Well worth the money!

Sent on 03/19/2009

The only thing I did not like about them is that they changed their name to the Marriott and didn't let any of us know. Our guests were circling around and getting lost because they didn't think it was a Marriott. Other than that, it was good.

Sent on 01/09/2016

4.2

My wife and I held our wedding reception at the Renaissance Grand Hotel in Downtown St. Louis in April 2014. Our wedding coordinator was Robert Olsterholm. Robert inherited our event from a previous coordinator. When we first learned that our original coordinator was no longer with the company, my wife and I were nervous. After an initially rocky transition, Robert took control and made sure no detail was forgotten. Robert is a fantastic coordinator who will take the time to make sure ever detail of your wedding is exactly the way you envision. The Renaissance itself overs a number of fantastic venues to host your wedding reception and cocktail hour. We hosted our cocktail hour on the 21st floor of the hotel which provided stunning views of downtown St. Louis. Our friends and family raved about the great food, historic venue, fantastic guest rooms, wonderful staff, and attention to detail that Robert and the Renaissance provided. While the price may not fit every budget, the Renaissance is willing to work with you to make sure you get the most for every dollar you spend. I would highly recommend the Renaissance, and Robert Olsterholm!

Sent on 07/13/2014

Laura · Married on 08/21/2010

3.0

The Renaissance Crystal Ballroom was an absolutely gorgeous venue for my wedding reception! The room is stunning. My experience with the staff, however, was not the best. Unfortunately, I was assigned several planners. The first two were a delight to work with, but the final planner was disorganized, unprofessional, and at times rude. I had to hire an outside planner to help with the final details because I did not trust that everything would go as I wanted it to. This is hopefully just a fluke though, because like I said, the other planners were great. Even though I didn't have the best experience with the planner I was given, I would recommend this venue. Classy, elegant, and beautiful.

Sent on 09/23/2010

3.4
      2.0

I booked the Statler Ballroom for my wedding reception one year before my December wedding. In October, the wedding coordinator Alyssa informed us the hotel would be under major renovations during the event, to include closing off the lobby and restaurant, and moving the main restaurant to the bar right outside our ballroom. They offered no explanation or compensation. We were overwhelmed because, having booked a year out, the Renaissance definitely knew they were undergoing this major renovation more than a week before it began. After some extreme emotions, Alyssa offered to move our wedding into the Crystal ballroom since it was further from the construction. It was not until the day before my wedding I found out the construction also meant no Bridal Suite-- we were given an "executive suite", which is their basic room with an attached entryway room and mini fridge.
    Good points- Alyssa was a very talented day-off event coordinator, the ballroom was absolutely beautiful, staff (especially waiters and bellhops) were incredibly polite. The reception was beautiful and fun.
    Bad points- the Renaissance turned out to be very self-interested. To not tell a bride the entire hotel is undergoing major renovations, and many of the elements included in the contract (such as the bridal suite) are no longer available until one month before is a breach of contract that no company should get away with. We chose this venue because the entire hotel was beautiful and we had many out of town guests. We would not have, had we known the entire lobby would be closed off. While this particular situation will probably not happen to future weddings, I would not want to deal with a business that is less than honest and upfront with such an important- and expensive- event. It's a shame, because the Renaissance itself is beautiful.

Sent on 01/23/2015

Jenny · Married on 10/21/2017

0.8
      0.5
      0.5
      1.0

I never write reviews, especially bad ones. I held off a few months intentionally to see if contacting corporate would help, and it didn't so here goes..
    All I can say is DO NOT put yourself through the constant disappointment and stress (currently still going through it, months afterward). I am reading the other reviews now and I cannot believe these are actual real reviews/accounts. We were NOT on a strict budget, and generally very relaxed about wedding planning, but still communicative with the venue. Ended up being on the hook for $16,000 due to unfilled rooms with our wedding room block, despite having communicated not being able to fill the block, and then scrambling to fill them after our RSVPs came back. We had reached out to the hotel SEVERAL times in advance of the wedding letting them know we would not be able to fill the entire room block. It went un-answered for months, then at the last minute we were told we were under contract. We were charged for rooms that went un-used by anybody and could have been released to the public way in advance of the actual wedding date. We had booked a date of 10/18, a month later they came back and told us they double-booked that date, and so we changed our date to the following weekend. Despite that mistake, they were still unwilling to meet us halfway even though we spent mostly EVERYTHING related to the wedding (food, etc.) in-house through them: $80K to be exact between Friday night, Saturday night, and we even tacked on a Sunday brunch to help rectify this unnecessary loss. We hosted a wedding of 325 guests. We were shocked after bringing them such a large amount of business that not only would they not compromise with us, but would not communicate. Overall the service in the hotel was lousy and rude, working w/the front desk was like pulling teeth: they would just not come for room service, after requesting it. Hotel ballroom is beautiful, so that's why we chose it.

Sent on 04/03/2018