Marriott at Grand National Reviews

7 | Opelika, AL

7 Reviews for Marriott at Grand National

Brittany · Married on 05/04/2008

I can not put into words how beautiful my wedding was at the Marriott Grand National in May 2008. From my initial meeting with Jenna Yates all the way up to my husband and I leaving the wedding for our honeymoon, everything was meticulously organized and carried through. Jenna and all the members of the Grand National team are truly equipped with the means to ensure that your wedding day is a success!!!!! Thank you Marriott of Grand National for making my wedding a day I will truly remember. (It only took me 2 and a half years to write this review, but I just ran up on this link). Thanks!

Sent on 01/04/2011

Rebekah · Married on 06/11/2016

The staff at the Auburn Marriott Opelika Hotel and Conference Center are an absolute pleasure to work with. From booking the ballroom for my reception to booking a block of rooms for the wedding party and out-of-town guests, they have gone out of their way to accommodate and provide exceptional customer service.

Sent on 07/27/2015

Meg · Married on 06/08/2008

4.2
      3.5

This place was wonderful! I was a little nervous to begin with, and you do have to stay on top of things to make sure that they're getting done, but day of I couldn't have been any happier!
    Watch out with the contracts though... they'll stick you with lots of little extra charges if you're not careful

Sent on 08/18/2008

Stacie · Married on 08/16/2007

3.8
      3.0

It was okay...the price was a little steep for us, but it turned out alright. If I could have found another venue, I wish I would have.

Sent on 04/18/2009

Katie · Married on 10/17/2015

3.2
      2.5
      3.5

During the processes of planning our wedding, the person who was the wedding coordinator ended up quitting and we found out about it from our florist. However, her replacement, Nelson, was amazing and we were very happy with the switch! We had our wedding ceremony and reception at this venue. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. The food was also very good. The venue is a little pricy, but definitely not the most expensive in the area. We were very pleased with our experience at the Marriott Grand National.

Sent on 11/19/2015
  • kelly's wife to be

Lakresha · Married on 05/17/2008

3.2
      2.0
      3.0

There was really nothing to complain about because everything was wonderful. the price wasn't worth it.

Sent on 05/26/2008

2.2
      1.0
      1.5
      2.0

I was looking for places in the area to have my wedding. I contacted the Marriott in Opelika. The lady was very helpful and nice. She told me that my date was available and gave me a quote. Personally I thought the quote was too expensive and out of my price range. A couple days after that she called my mother phone (I don't know how she got my mom number) and told her to tell me that the date that I wanted for my wedding was no longer available. She didn't even ask if I had another date in mind. I believe that she didn't want to help me through the process so I didn't contact her after that. I found somewhere else to have my wedding that is gorgeous and in my price range. The people are also helpful.

Sent on 09/23/2015