Marrero Weddings and Events Reviews

Marrero Weddings and Events 6
Marrero Weddings and Events 7
  • Lynne

Lynne Ulaky · Getting married on 09/02/2019

Paula Marrero does not disappoint!

With the help and expertise of Paula Marrero, I achieved my goal as the Mother of the Bride. I wanted my daughter and her future husband to have the most spectacular wedding day with everything they wanted. It was evident throughout the weekend of their wedding that they were both extremely pleased.

I know this is what Paula does every day, but she treated us like we were the most important wedding she had ever done. She was also very patient with our need for perfection.

Throughout the process, her attention to detail, ideas and advice were priceless! Everything went off without a hitch. We could not have had a better Wedding Planner. Paula not only knows how to direct her clients through the process, but she is a blessing the day of the wedding. She is calm, collected, professional and knowledgeable. In a word....perfect!

I especially loved the vendors that Paula recommended. They were all terrific! The flowers were spectacular. The photographer and videographer captured absolutely everything we wanted. She has relationships with so many venues and vendors. That alone is priceless!

The final month was hectic with all of our last minute hotel room changes. Paula handled everything with such grace and professionalism.

I highly recommend Marrero Events to anyone planning a wedding. Simply stated, Paula Marrero was absolutely wonderful, and I can not be more grateful.

Sent on 06/01/2019
    Marrero Weddings and Events 8
    Marrero Weddings and Events 9

Alyssa · Married on 05/25/2019

Hire Paula and the Marrero Team! 5 stars!

Hiring Paula as our wedding planner was the best decision we made during the whole planning process! She and her team were extremely attentive, thorough, communicative, flexible, and respectful, and really helped us bring our wedding vision to life. On the day of, Paula wrangled a number of challenging vendors and brought them together seamlessly so that we could just enjoy the perfect day. Oh, and our families loved her too. Before you do anything else, hire Paula!! You won't regret it! 5 stars!

Sent on 05/28/2019

Brittany · Married on 09/29/2018

Best Wedding Vendor!!

Like another reviewer said, hiring Paula Marrero and the whole Marrero Events team was hands down the BEST decision we made in our wedding planning process. I truly don't know where to begin in expressing our gratitude for Paula and her team as our wedding would not have been complete without them. Paula made our wedding day so much more than we ever could have dreamed (it was absolutely perfect) and we feel so fortunate that we were able to work with her in planning the biggest day of our lives. I knew I wanted Paula to be our planner from the moment I got on the phone with her (she is so kind, understanding, easy to talk to, I could go on and on about how wonderful of a person she is), but I never realized how truly instrumental she would be. Our wedding planning brought so much stress - from family dynamics, to vendor issues, to overall logistical challenges. Paula helped us navigate all of these, listened to us every step of the way, was our biggest advocate, and relieved all of our worries. She has incredible connections in the wedding industry and was able to put together a team of the best vendors, advised us on what we needed and didn't need, coordinated a seamless day-of timeline, and answered every single question we had and those we didn't even think to ask. She made time for all of my emails and phone calls, and made us feel like we were the only couple she was working with. Behind Paula is also an incredible team. Everyone that we worked with at Marrero Events was so responsive and if you need anything, they are there to help you. I was very hands-on and controlling when it came to wedding planning, and one of the most valuable things Paula and her team brought to our wedding was reliability. I trusted Marrero Events completely and was able to leave everything in their hands with no hesitation. I was totally relaxed on wedding day, enjoyed every single moment with my new husband, and never had to worry about any issue (large or small) that may have popped up on wedding day, and that is without a doubt due to Paula and her team. We are so unbelievably grateful that Paula became our "wedding mom" and made our day absolutely perfect!

Sent on 10/15/2018

S · Married on 09/01/2018

Hiring Paula was the best decision we made in planning our wedding. We had a hard-to-work-with situation where we lived across the country from the location of the wedding, and also only started planning with about 4 months of time before our wedding date. Paula took care of *everything* - not only did the entire event run completely smoothly, sight unseen, but we were blown away by every single vendor she suggested. From the venue itself to the caterer to the band to even the wedding cake, we got so many specific compliments and questions about how we found X or Y vendor from our guests well into the next month after our wedding was over. We could have counted one or two outstanding vendors as lucky, but when they were so consistently stellar across the board, it was so obvious that it was thanks to Paula's expertise and experience... there is absolutely no way we could have planned a wedding even half as good as this by ourselves. Paula walked us through every detail, handled every outside interaction, responded to every question and even anticipated so many that we didn't even know to ask... our guests wouldn't stop telling us how much fun they had at our wedding, but we think the two of us somehow were able to have the most fun of anyone there. ;) We still cannot believe just how perfect we truly felt the wedding turned out - you definitely won't regret hiring Paula for yours!

Sent on 10/02/2018

Megan · Married on 08/17/2018

Honestly, when our wedding planning process began, we did not know if we needed a planner. Now we can’t image our wedding without Marrero Events. Paula and her team are the fairy godmothers we didn’t realize we needed. Her team coordinated every detail before, during and even after the wedding. Paula was a true delight to work with, she was very detail oriented and extremely professional working with all our vendors. Paula was fast to respond to our emails or questions and was always incredibly organized. To this day, I’m not sure we could convey the magnitude of what they did behind the scenes. After we started working with Marrero Events we never had to stress about things getting done. We can’t thank Paula enough as she definitely put us at ease on our big day! We highly recommend Marrero Events, and we already miss working with Paula. We can't express our gratitude enough! We loved working Paula so much, we might need to get married again.

Sent on 09/23/2018

Kimberly Dickerson Dilday · Married on 08/11/2018

Best Planner: Demonstrated Ability to Consistently Exceed Expectations

Paula Marrero and her associates at Marrero Events lead the planning efforts for our wedding, which occurred at the Liberty Hotel in the Beacon Hill section of Boston, MA in August 2018. Based on our experience, I can state without reservations that Paula communicates a compelling vision, and is committed to meeting the expectations of the bride and groom. Overall, Paula has a highly developed wedding industry acumen and (very importantly) the soft skills required to foster collaboration with the bride, groom, vendors, and all associated wedding parties. In general, Paula Marrero and her associates at Marrero Events exceeded our expectations with their enduring enthusiasm, creativity, teamwork, flexibility, leadership, organization, initiative, motivation, integrity and accountability. If we have another event, we will certainly seek Paula Marrero’s expertise!

Some of the things that stood out about the experience of Marrero events planning our wedding include the following:
    • Paula particularly can solve even the toughest and most complex of problems; She is great at gleaning meaning from whatever information is available; and adds personal wisdom and experience to come to the best conclusion and solution, given the situation
    • Paula can quickly separate the mission-critical from the nice to dos and trivial; she quickly senses what's the next most useful thing to work on; and focuses on the critical few tasks that really add value and puts aside or delays the rest
    • Paula manages Marrero events and vendors well; she gets the most and best out of the people she has; sets and communicates guiding goals; measures accomplishments, holds people accountable, and gives useful feedback; and keeps people informed
    • Paula relates well to a wide variety of diverse styles, and types; she is open to differences; quick to find common ground; treats differences fairly and equitably; and treats the bride and groom as a preferred customer.
    • Paula is highly skilled at getting individuals, and teams to perform at a higher level ; and negotiates skillfully to achieve a fair outcome or promote a common cause
    • Paula understands various types of wedding vendor business propositions and understands how vendors operate in general and applies knowledge to facilitate wedding event decisions

Sent on 01/09/2019
    Marrero Weddings and Events 10

Sarah Vogel · Married on 07/28/2018

Highly Recommend!!

Paula and Isabelle were instrumental to the planning and successful execution of our wedding. From weekly phone calls to patiently responding to our worried emails at all hours, solving last minute problems (like when we realized a day before the wedding that we couldn’t use real candles) to thoughtfully corresponding with our vendors, Paula and Isabelle truly did it all. After choosing our venue, a small rental hall, we realized that we really had no idea how to plan a wedding on our own. Paula and Isabelle went above and beyond to make sure that we knew what we were doing and what we needed to accomplish week by week. Our venue presented its own set of challenges, as its small size and unique combination of indoor and outdoor space really put Paula and Isabelle’s creativity to the test- but they passed with flying colors! They were incredibly patient with us, a detail-oriented/nervous bride and a laid-back groom. The best way to describe it is that we felt like we had two fairy godmothers who seamlessly executed every detail of our wedding while we simply enjoyed our day together (down to the tiny details like Paula fixing the groom’s boutonniere just minutes before he walked into the church). We are so grateful to Paula and Isabelle for everything they did for us, and we highly recommend them to anyone who is seeking coordinators who are passionate, creative, thoughtful and patient throughout the wedding planning process.

Sent on 12/01/2018

Natalie · Married on 06/09/2018

After we got engaged, we decided that we wanted a wedding in Massachusetts. We knew we would need to hire a wedding planner as we live in California. Being the organized person that I am, I decided to make an excel spreadsheet of the best wedding planners in and around Boston. After extensive internet searches, my spreadsheet included 12 wedding planning companies with the highest accolades. I did phone interviews with each of them. The first time we spoke with Paula Marrero, I appreciated her tell it like it is, yet kind professionalism. We hired Paula for full service coordination of our wedding and it was the best decision we made.

Paula is an incredible person. Not only does she know what she is doing and has a fantastic reputation within the Boston wedding industry, but she is also fun, smart and genuinely cares about the couples she works with. Any engaged couple can do Google searches for the “best wedding photographer” or “best venue”. The reason you hire Paula is that she knows everyone in the industry AND she knows what their personalities are like. She knows who you will enjoy working with and who you won’t. Paula and her right-hand woman, Isabelle, helped us created the wedding I had dreamed of. It was perfect in every way possible. Marrero Events helped with every aspect of the weekend of our wedding from rehearsal to rehearsal dinner to the day of the wedding. We loved every minute of our wedding and could not have imagined doing any of it without Paula and Isabelle.

Wedding planners are expensive, but think of it like a realtor. You can sell or buy a home without a realtor, but the process is messy and complicated. If you don’t have a full-time job and have endless hours to spend on contacting vendors and setting up meetings, you probably don’t need a wedding planner. I highly recommend hiring Marrero Events. They have a wide range of service options to make it work within your budget. It will be the best first wedding decision you will make.

Sent on 07/17/2018
    Marrero Weddings and Events 11
    Marrero Weddings and Events 12
    Marrero Weddings and Events 13
    Marrero Weddings and Events 14

Amy · Married on 05/27/2018

Paula and her team were lifesavers and I can't recommend them highly enough! It was during our food tasting with our caterer when we were asked if we considered a wedding coordinator. Up to that point, we hadn't but we could see the value of having someone on site the day of our wedding to make sure everything ran smoothly so we quickly did some research. We interviewed four planners and after our first call with Paula, we knew she was the one we wanted to work with. She stood out heads and shoulders above the others and we clicked with her instantly on the phone. Throughout the process, she was so organized, reassuring and willing to help with every little detail. She has tons of connections in the industry and was always able to make excellent suggestions or recommendations when asked. On the day of our wedding, we were able to enjoy it worry free because we knew we had the A team running point on the details. We loved our wedding and we largely attribute it to Paula and team. They are so easy to work with and will go the extra mile to make the day special. I would hire Paula again in a heartbeat!!!

Sent on 09/24/2018

Alana · Married on 05/12/2018

Make your dream wedding reality

Where to even begin! My husband and I spent hours researching venues from out of state and had more questions then answers! We called Paula thinking we were just going to ask some questions and continue on our searching! From the first 5 minutes of the call we knew we had to work with her. She answered all of our MILLIONS of questions and we felt like we had been talking with a friend we had known for years!
    Paula made the best connections for us and our vendors, she was spot on with her recommendations and knew the types of vendors we would want to work with! Her staff is also amazingly professional and are all super quick to answer questions -- again we had a lot - and help us research anything we needed more information on!
    We got married on one of the Boston Harbor Islands, which took quite a bit of logistics. I never felt an ounce of stress throughout the entire process because I had full confidence in Paula and her team. It was amazing to have them there on the day of because I could completely relax and take in all of the special moments of the day! And again, it felt like having a trusted friend by my side through the whole thing!
    Hire Paula if you want to get the most out of your wedding day and the process leading up. She knows exactly what you need to get you from your clueless days of combing wedding websites to walking down the isle of your dream wedding! You will not regret anything about working with Marrero Events!

Sent on 11/11/2018

Brenda · Married on 11/25/2017

I truly believe we couldn't have pulled off a successful and gorgeous wedding without Paula! She lined us up with top-notch vendors, recommended the best band, and handled myriad administrative and planning issues with the venue. As the mother of the bride, I was able to rely on Paula for counsel, problem solving, and execution. She has a smart, tough, supportive personality that brings you through all of the planning and decisions. I considered her an excellent partner and listener.

Sent on 12/02/2017

Marrero Weddings and Events's reply:

Thank you so much for allowing us to be part of D&R's wedding weekend. We loved every single minute of working together!

Katherine · Married on 11/04/2017

The day of my wedding was stress-free and everything went off better than I even allowed myself to hope for - this is all a direct result of the work of Paula and her team! As someone who is fairly type A and organized, I had initially tried to do the majority of the planning by myself; however, the best decision I made throughout the planning process was to work with Paula and her team to help with coordinating day-of and leading up to our wedding. Immediately, Paula's team identified some potential issues with our transportation schedule and quickly made recommendations on how to fix it (thank you again, Isabelle!). For day-to-day, we worked directly with Teresa, who immediately understood who we were and the vibe and style of wedding we were looking for. Teresa helped keep things even more organized while removing a lot of the stress and pressure from my shoulders. She also made some great recommendations along the way to help personalize our day even further without having to spend extra. She anticipated needs before they even registered for me - case in point, by the middle of the night, I realized I was ready to change out of my heels and turned around to find Teresa holding a pair of sandals for me! I cannot recommend Teresa and the Marrero team enough - they helped make our day perfect!

Sent on 11/29/2017

Marrero Weddings and Events's reply:

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are so happy to have been able to assist with such a wonderful couple and a truly beautiful wedding weekend!

Addy · Married on 09/03/2017

Paula and her whole team were incredible! (Especially Teresa McKillop!) From my very first conversation with Paula when I was unsure whether I even wanted or needed a wedding planner, she made me feel comfortable and reassured. In retrospect, I don't know what I would have done without them! Hiring Marrero Events was the best decision we could have made!

Paula and her staff were the opposite of pushy - they gently guided us through the whole process and only stepped in to take over when we wanted them to. Every vendor they recommended was superb, and for the few vendors we picked on our own, they worked with them seamlessly. During the wedding weekend, I honestly did not stress about a single thing; I just enjoyed every moment like it was some kind of dream. Everything went so smoothly, and I was completely relaxed knowing that if there were any glitches, Paula's team was dealing with them behind the scenes. Teresa did an awesome job handling a ton of details and exuded total calm and competence throughout the weekend. We have had so many compliments about our wedding; so many friends and family have gone out of their way to tell us it was among the best (if not the best) wedding they've been to. I credit Paula and her team for everything coming together so beautifully and with so little anxiety and stress on our part.

Sent on 09/18/2017

Marrero Weddings and Events's reply:

Addy, you were a delight since day one and we are so appreciative of your kind words!

Caryn · Married on 09/02/2017

Paula and her whole team (especially Isabelle!) were amazing! I spoke to a few wedding planners when trying to decide if I was event going to hire one and Paula was the easiest decision I made during wedding planning! We hit it off from the first time we spoke over the phone and she soon became not only my wedding planner but also my friend and therapist all rolled into one! She recommended the best vendors and was our biggest advocate and point of contact with all our vendors including our venue, which was very difficult to work with. Paula is a straight shooter like me, so genuine and kind, and has the most calming nature. She could always tell when I was stressed and knew exactly what to say to reassure me or help me in any way possible. I always felt a wave of relief after our weekly calls because I knew she had it handled. And she certainly did! Our wedding was beautiful and perfect all thanks to Paula and her team! We would not have had the amazing team of vendors or such a seamless wedding without her. One of the worst parts about my wedding being over is that I won’t get to talk to Paula almost every day, she’s truly an amazing person. If you’re looking for a wedding planner, Paula’s the best pick in the business and I couldn’t come up with enough nice things to say about her! Thank you Paula, I don't know what I would have done without you!

Sent on 10/22/2017

Marrero Weddings and Events's reply:

Thank you so much for your very kind words! It was a roller coaster ride for sure and we wouldn't have wanted to be on that ride with anyone else!

Patricia · Married on 08/26/2017

How do I even begin to write a review for Paula Marrero of Marrero Wedding and Events? In a word, Paula was a lifesaver. She not only managed virtually every logistical aspect of the event, but she helped hugely in navigating the emotional and psychological rollercoaster surrounding the planning of a wedding, and exponentially reduced the overall stress level.
    Paula is also one of the hardest working, and most professional people I've ever done business with. She was chief advocate, coordinator, negotiator, friend, and shrink all rolled into one! One doesn't fully grasp the magnitude of the multi-faceted coordination and attention to detail involved in planning a successful wedding, until you're in it. We were so grateful to have had Paula's years of knowledge and expertise guiding us, especially since there are no do-overs with a wedding! Plus, she knows just about everything there is to know about finding the best vendors that match one's style and budget. Every one she had us work with was perfectly suited. She completely understood my daughter and her husband's vision, was super responsive and very flexible. She allowed those of us involved with the planning to breath much easier. The proof is in the pudding, and all our guests said it was one of the best weddings they have ever been to, even weeks after the event. Best of all, the bride and groom had a blast, and wedding memories that will last them a lifetime!
    Lastly, I will say that Paula is one of the NICEST and real people I have ever worked with. She's a straight shooter and her sense of humor and personal support in every way made her so fun to work with and both my daughter and I now consider her a friend. As my husband said repeatedly during the wedding planning, "Hiring Paula was the best money we spent on this wedding." Truer words could not be spoken! If you are hiring a wedding planner, this lady is simply the best there is, hire her immediately, you'll be very happy and grateful that you did!

Sent on 09/10/2017

Marrero Weddings and Events's reply:

Thank you for allowing us to be part of this beautiful celebration filled with love and plenty of laughter! Such an unforgettable weekend!

Emily · Married on 08/20/2017

Paula and her team were instrumental in making our wedding happen! Paula was incredibly giving and helpful with her time and advice she provided, even before we signed a contract with her. She and her team are so responsive, knowledgeable, and capable. This was the best money we spent for our wedding as it made everything else happen. Highly recommend!

Sent on 09/11/2017

C · Married on 08/12/2017

Thanks to Paula & her team, our wedding weekend was better than anything I could have imagined.

As someone who is not from the Boston area and who was the first in her family to be married, I was completely lost at the start of the wedding planning process. Paula instantly put me at ease. Unlike other wedding planners I interviewed, she was genuinely interested in who I was as a person, who we were as a couple, how I was feeling about the process, and what I envisioned for the day. She provided EXCELLENT recommendations for local vendors... I was blown away by the venue, photographer, custom stationary artist, florist, DJ, caterer, baker, and other suppliers. Paula was able to read my personality and match me to vendors who understood my vision and who made my day truly magical. Paula & her team saved me so much time and money by introducing me to the best of the best in Boston and by coordinating everything along the way. It was a true gift to be able to trust the team throughout the process and to really hand things over during my wedding weekend.

On a more personal note, I truly appreciated Paula's thoughtfulness and genuine caring for me and my husband. She anticipated so many of my emotional needs that I could not have predicted that weekend. She helped me truly experience and enjoy each moment on my wedding day. I felt relaxed, happy, and present with Paula's team by my side.

Sent on 09/01/2017

Jade · Married on 08/05/2017

Marrero Events are worth their weight in gold. Paula and her team helped me pull of my dream wedding. My husband and I picked their 6 week coordinating package. They came in and were AMAZING. Paula was astounding at picking up where we left off and was able to help bring my vision to reality. We could not have pulled this off without them. This team really excelled in two areas: Day of coordination: they were even more incredible than I could have hoped. They handled some last minute emergencies and guests had no idea! They supervised everything so I could focus on the moment and my family. Vendor coordination: It turns out weddings are incredibly complicated and Paula was able to communicate with all the vendors so I didn't have to be a go-between. It was incredibly reassuring that Paula handled everything that came up with grace and ease. If I have another event, I would use Paula again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 08/11/2017

Kristina · Married on 06/17/2017

It is truly difficult to put the value of Paula Marrero and her team at Marrero Events into words. My wedding planning process was over 2 years long and Paula worked with us every single minute of those 2 years. From the beginning, Paula and her team helped us to choose a venue, vendors and all of the design elements. Wedding planning can be extremely overwhelming and chaotic but Marrero Events handled everything with grace and professionalism. Their experience in the industry and their relationships with vendors throughout New England are incomparable. Paula and her team know the past work of every vendor, appropriate costs for services and how to make an event seamless. As a very detail-oriented bride with a busy schedule, I always knew exactly what I wanted but I was completely at a loss for how things were supposed to be done. Marrero Events took my vision and put it into action. They listened to every single idea I had and worked to make those ideas a reality. Never once did they complain about changes that I proposed or worries that I had. They always put me at ease and in the end delivered a product that was a dream. Working with Paula and her team was an absolutely amazing experience that I only wish I could do again and again! From the first moment we met until the very last minute of our wedding weekend, Marrero Events worked tremendously hard to make everything perfect and to have everything go as planned. I cannot thank them enough for their work.

Sent on 08/11/2017
  • Julie G

Julie · Married on 06/09/2017

Paula Marrero and her entire staff at Marerro Events are true professionals who know weddings better than anyone else. Their expertise is invaluable. They helped my fiance and I navigate the planning process in the weeks leading up to our event, including booking transportation, managing the day-of schedule, venue walk throughs, decor and design, and so much more. On the day of, her staff kept the bride, groom, and bridal party cool, calm, and organized. They handled everything so that the day was seamless for us. We can't thank them enough for helping to make our wedding day the best day of our lives.

Sent on 06/14/2017

Marjorie · Married on 09/18/2016

How can a widow and her widower plan their wedding when they don't even live in the same state? And their knowledge of the wedding industry is limited? And so are their computer skills? They do what you must: contact Marrero Event Planning.

From our first contact with Paula Marrero until she and her assistant finally left the wedding venue after the celebration ended, Paula provided extraordinary service. She absolutely knows everything you need to know. Paula listened to us. She asked the important questions and respected our needs. She understands budgets, family dynamics, scheduling issues, etiquette concerns and, most importantly, her industry. She is organized. She is flexible. She is well connected and respected in the field. She is the best. We give her 5 stars.

Sent on 10/20/2016

Eileen · Married on 08/27/2016

If you want a wedding where every detail is taken into account, and you want to enjoy your wedding day without worrying about anything, then contract with Marrero Events. Paula is a master at helping you to create the wedding of your dreams. As the mother of a very busy bride, I was overwhelmed initially with all of the details involved with hosting a wedding at Elm Bank in Wellesley. While the venue itself is stunning, hosting an event there means contracting with outside vendors for every aspect of the affair. How lucky we were that the event manager suggested we contact Paula. She had coordinated many events at this venue in the past, and we were told she'd be perfect to help with my daughter's wedding. From the first meeting we saw that Paula knew every detail that had to be considered, and she was thorough in gathering information from the bride and groom to understand their vision of the event. Every vendor she recommended was a great fit- professional, talented, and a pleasure to work with-in fact, it was necessary only to visit with the first vendor in each category to make our selection. As the wedding day approached, Paula was methodical in our weekly phone conferences, going through a time line which involved every aspect of the event from the day before to the day after the wedding. Speaking with other mothers who bemoaned all the details, schedule mishaps, etc, I found myself frequently silently thanking Paula for her guidance. The end result of her hard work was a "magical" wedding (as noted by many of the guests), with fantastic coordination of the transportation, entertainers, caterers, florist, etc to make the bride and groom's vision come true. And, equally important, the bride and her mother (Type A+ people who at times were impatient with slight delays in returned emails), were absolutely calm and thoroughly enjoyed the event, while our event planner, and truly our cherished friend now, saw to it that the affair was simply perfect.

Sent on 10/10/2016

Stephanie · Married on 08/27/2016

Paula helped us to plan an absolutely magical wedding! From the moment we started working with her she listened to us carefully, helped us to figure out what WE wanted, not what she wanted for us, and just kept telling us she wanted us to be happy. She clearly spent time getting to know us and our vision for the wedding- every time she made a vendor recommendation we loved it/them! I wish she had been a bit more responsive via email in the months leading up to our wedding, but when it came to the last 8 weeks, we had regular emails, scheduled phone call meetings, and it was clear she was in her element- making sure everything would go perfectly on the wedding day. We absolutely LOVED our wedding day and all of the vendors recommended to us by Paula and her fabulous staff, definitely schedule a phone call with Paula to see if you're a fit.

Sent on 10/19/2016

Amanda · Married on 07/23/2016

Marrero Events made it possible for me to truly be there for every minute of my daughters wedding. They took care of every detail so that I could enjoy the day without worry. Paula and Holly were completely available to me and my daughter for any questions we had. I don't think I even realized how much they did for us until after the wedding - it was seamless. Paula has fabulous connections and great taste, a winning combination. We simply could not have done it without her. My best advice.....hire Marrero Events!

Sent on 10/08/2016

Barbara · Married on 07/23/2016

Paula Marrero makes the magic happen. She begins with an amazing network of connections and she will work with you to make sure your experience with each vendor is the absolute best. We had a number of things lined up before we hired Paula but we felt secure in all of our decisions because Paula was always honest about whom you could count on for what. Would the band overwhelm our 130-person wedding (‘absolutely not”); would the photographer be worth the money (“1000%”)? All true. By the time late fall rolled around, all of our vendors were secured and three months out Paula (and Isabelle) kicked into high gear. Every meeting was a run-through of the big day, but the goal was never to put pressure on us; it was more to firm up the design of the day, put a handful of priority items on our to-do list, and move on. I never felt I had to keep the whole project, or the big picture, in my head. That was in Paula’s job and in her head. And little by little things just got done. As amazing as all this was, I can’t say enough about Paula’s “day of” handling of the wedding -- her quiet command of every detail, her spectacular, loving care for my daughter, her thoughtfulness about my elderly mother-in-law, her sensitive family management skills, her astonishing energy level from morning to night. She seemed to be everywhere at once – but she was QUIETLY ubiquitous. The only bad part? Saying good-bye at the end. A number of my friends were surprised that I hired a wedding planner. I’m very organized and can-do. But it was the best investment we made. It took the burden out of the work. It allowed me and my daughter to have fun together. So it wasn’t just the wedding that was amazing – and it truly was a beautiful, magical wedding – but the lead-up to it was actually also wonderful. It doesn’t get better than that.

Sent on 10/12/2016