67 Reviews for Marrero Weddings and Events

Non-Religious (4)
Partial Planning (3)
Guest List (2)
67 Marrero Weddings and Events Reviews

I truly believe we couldn't have pulled off a successful and gorgeous wedding without Paula! She lined us up with top-notch vendors, recommended the best band, and handled myriad administrative and planning issues with the venue. As the mother of the bride, I was able to rely on Paula for counsel, problem solving, and execution. She has a smart, tough, supportive personality that brings you through all of the planning and decisions. I considered her an excellent partner and listener.

Profile Picture Brenda, 11/25/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Religious, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, Referrals

The day of my wedding was stress-free and everything went off better than I even allowed myself to hope for - this is all a direct result of the work of Paula and her team! As someone who is fairly type A and organized, I had initially tried to do the majority of the planning by myself; however, the best decision I made throughout the planning process was to work with Paula and her team to help with coordinating day-of and leading up to our wedding. Immediately, Paula's team identified some potential issues with our transportation schedule and quickly made recommendations on how to fix it (thank you again, Isabelle!). For day-to-day, we worked directly with Teresa, who immediately understood who we were and the vibe and style of wedding we were looking for. Teresa helped keep things even more organized while removing a lot of the stress and pressure from my shoulders. She also made some great recommendations along the way to help personalize our day even further without having to spend extra. She anticipated needs before they even registered for me - case in point, by the middle of the night, I realized I was ready to change out of my heels and turned around to find Teresa holding a pair of sandals for me! I cannot recommend Teresa and the Marrero team enough - they helped make our day perfect!

Profile Picture Katherine, 11/4/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, Referrals, Religious

Paula and her whole team were incredible! (Especially Teresa McKillop!) From my very first conversation with Paula when I was unsure whether I even wanted or needed a wedding planner, she made me feel comfortable and reassured. In retrospect, I don't know what I would have done without them! Hiring Marrero Events was the best decision we could have made!

Paula and her staff were the opposite of pushy - they gently guided us through the whole process and only stepped in to take over when we wanted them to. Every vendor they recommended was superb, and for the few vendors we picked on our own, they worked with them seamlessly. During the wedding weekend, I honestly did not stress about a single thing; I just enjoyed every moment like it was some kind of dream. Everything went so smoothly, and I was completely relaxed knowing that if there were any glitches, Paula's team was dealing with them behind the scenes. Teresa did an awesome job handling a ton of details and exuded total calm and competence throughout the weekend. We have had so many compliments about our wedding; so many friends and family have gone out of their way to tell us it was among the best (if not the best) wedding they've been to. I credit Paula and her team for everything coming together so beautifully and with so little anxiety and stress on our part.

Profile Picture Addy, 9/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Paula and her whole team (especially Isabelle!) were amazing! I spoke to a few wedding planners when trying to decide if I was event going to hire one and Paula was the easiest decision I made during wedding planning! We hit it off from the first time we spoke over the phone and she soon became not only my wedding planner but also my friend and therapist all rolled into one! She recommended the best vendors and was our biggest advocate and point of contact with all our vendors including our venue, which was very difficult to work with. Paula is a straight shooter like me, so genuine and kind, and has the most calming nature. She could always tell when I was stressed and knew exactly what to say to reassure me or help me in any way possible. I always felt a wave of relief after our weekly calls because I knew she had it handled. And she certainly did! Our wedding was beautiful and perfect all thanks to Paula and her team! We would not have had the amazing team of vendors or such a seamless wedding without her. One of the worst parts about my wedding being over is that I won’t get to talk to Paula almost every day, she’s truly an amazing person. If you’re looking for a wedding planner, Paula’s the best pick in the business and I couldn’t come up with enough nice things to say about her! Thank you Paula, I don't know what I would have done without you!

Profile Picture Caryn, 9/2/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

How do I even begin to write a review for Paula Marrero of Marrero Wedding and Events? In a word, Paula was a lifesaver. She not only managed virtually every logistical aspect of the event, but she helped hugely in navigating the emotional and psychological rollercoaster surrounding the planning of a wedding, and exponentially reduced the overall stress level.
Paula is also one of the hardest working, and most professional people I've ever done business with. She was chief advocate, coordinator, negotiator, friend, and shrink all rolled into one! One doesn't fully grasp the magnitude of the multi-faceted coordination and attention to detail involved in planning a successful wedding, until you're in it. We were so grateful to have had Paula's years of knowledge and expertise guiding us, especially since there are no do-overs with a wedding! Plus, she knows just about everything there is to know about finding the best vendors that match one's style and budget. Every one she had us work with was perfectly suited. She completely understood my daughter and her husband's vision, was super responsive and very flexible. She allowed those of us involved with the planning to breath much easier. The proof is in the pudding, and all our guests said it was one of the best weddings they have ever been to, even weeks after the event. Best of all, the bride and groom had a blast, and wedding memories that will last them a lifetime!
Lastly, I will say that Paula is one of the NICEST and real people I have ever worked with. She's a straight shooter and her sense of humor and personal support in every way made her so fun to work with and both my daughter and I now consider her a friend. As my husband said repeatedly during the wedding planning, "Hiring Paula was the best money we spent on this wedding." Truer words could not be spoken! If you are hiring a wedding planner, this lady is simply the best there is, hire her immediately, you'll be very happy and grateful that you did!

Profile Picture Patricia, 8/26/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Paula and her team were instrumental in making our wedding happen! Paula was incredibly giving and helpful with her time and advice she provided, even before we signed a contract with her. She and her team are so responsive, knowledgeable, and capable. This was the best money we spent for our wedding as it made everything else happen. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Emily, 8/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Thanks to Paula & her team, our wedding weekend was better than anything I could have imagined.

As someone who is not from the Boston area and who was the first in her family to be married, I was completely lost at the start of the wedding planning process. Paula instantly put me at ease. Unlike other wedding planners I interviewed, she was genuinely interested in who I was as a person, who we were as a couple, how I was feeling about the process, and what I envisioned for the day. She provided EXCELLENT recommendations for local vendors... I was blown away by the venue, photographer, custom stationary artist, florist, DJ, caterer, baker, and other suppliers. Paula was able to read my personality and match me to vendors who understood my vision and who made my day truly magical. Paula & her team saved me so much time and money by introducing me to the best of the best in Boston and by coordinating everything along the way. It was a true gift to be able to trust the team throughout the process and to really hand things over during my wedding weekend.

On a more personal note, I truly appreciated Paula's thoughtfulness and genuine caring for me and my husband. She anticipated so many of my emotional needs that I could not have predicted that weekend. She helped me truly experience and enjoy each moment on my wedding day. I felt relaxed, happy, and present with Paula's team by my side.

Profile Picture C, 8/12/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Marrero Events are worth their weight in gold. Paula and her team helped me pull of my dream wedding. My husband and I picked their 6 week coordinating package. They came in and were AMAZING. Paula was astounding at picking up where we left off and was able to help bring my vision to reality. We could not have pulled this off without them. This team really excelled in two areas: Day of coordination: they were even more incredible than I could have hoped. They handled some last minute emergencies and guests had no idea! They supervised everything so I could focus on the moment and my family. Vendor coordination: It turns out weddings are incredibly complicated and Paula was able to communicate with all the vendors so I didn't have to be a go-between. It was incredibly reassuring that Paula handled everything that came up with grace and ease. If I have another event, I would use Paula again in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture Jade, 8/5/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Referrals, Non-Religious, Ceremony, Reception

It is truly difficult to put the value of Paula Marrero and her team at Marrero Events into words. My wedding planning process was over 2 years long and Paula worked with us every single minute of those 2 years. From the beginning, Paula and her team helped us to choose a venue, vendors and all of the design elements. Wedding planning can be extremely overwhelming and chaotic but Marrero Events handled everything with grace and professionalism. Their experience in the industry and their relationships with vendors throughout New England are incomparable. Paula and her team know the past work of every vendor, appropriate costs for services and how to make an event seamless. As a very detail-oriented bride with a busy schedule, I always knew exactly what I wanted but I was completely at a loss for how things were supposed to be done. Marrero Events took my vision and put it into action. They listened to every single idea I had and worked to make those ideas a reality. Never once did they complain about changes that I proposed or worries that I had. They always put me at ease and in the end delivered a product that was a dream. Working with Paula and her team was an absolutely amazing experience that I only wish I could do again and again! From the first moment we met until the very last minute of our wedding weekend, Marrero Events worked tremendously hard to make everything perfect and to have everything go as planned. I cannot thank them enough for their work.

Profile Picture Kristina, 6/17/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Religious, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, Referrals

Paula Marrero and her entire staff at Marerro Events are true professionals who know weddings better than anyone else. Their expertise is invaluable. They helped my fiance and I navigate the planning process in the weeks leading up to our event, including booking transportation, managing the day-of schedule, venue walk throughs, decor and design, and so much more. On the day of, her staff kept the bride, groom, and bridal party cool, calm, and organized. They handled everything so that the day was seamless for us. We can't thank them enough for helping to make our wedding day the best day of our lives.

Profile Picture Julie, 6/9/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Non-Religious, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Guest List, Timelines, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner

How can a widow and her widower plan their wedding when they don't even live in the same state? And their knowledge of the wedding industry is limited? And so are their computer skills? They do what you must: contact Marrero Event Planning.

From our first contact with Paula Marrero until she and her assistant finally left the wedding venue after the celebration ended, Paula provided extraordinary service. She absolutely knows everything you need to know. Paula listened to us. She asked the important questions and respected our needs. She understands budgets, family dynamics, scheduling issues, etiquette concerns and, most importantly, her industry. She is organized. She is flexible. She is well connected and respected in the field. She is the best. We give her 5 stars.

Profile Picture Marjorie, 9/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Religious, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Guest List, Timelines, Referrals

If you want a wedding where every detail is taken into account, and you want to enjoy your wedding day without worrying about anything, then contract with Marrero Events. Paula is a master at helping you to create the wedding of your dreams. As the mother of a very busy bride, I was overwhelmed initially with all of the details involved with hosting a wedding at Elm Bank in Wellesley. While the venue itself is stunning, hosting an event there means contracting with outside vendors for every aspect of the affair. How lucky we were that the event manager suggested we contact Paula. She had coordinated many events at this venue in the past, and we were told she'd be perfect to help with my daughter's wedding. From the first meeting we saw that Paula knew every detail that had to be considered, and she was thorough in gathering information from the bride and groom to understand their vision of the event. Every vendor she recommended was a great fit- professional, talented, and a pleasure to work with-in fact, it was necessary only to visit with the first vendor in each category to make our selection. As the wedding day approached, Paula was methodical in our weekly phone conferences, going through a time line which involved every aspect of the event from the day before to the day after the wedding. Speaking with other mothers who bemoaned all the details, schedule mishaps, etc, I found myself frequently silently thanking Paula for her guidance. The end result of her hard work was a "magical" wedding (as noted by many of the guests), with fantastic coordination of the transportation, entertainers, caterers, florist, etc to make the bride and groom's vision come true. And, equally important, the bride and her mother (Type A+ people who at times were impatient with slight delays in returned emails), were absolutely calm and thoroughly enjoyed the event, while our event planner, and truly our cherished friend now, saw to it that the affair was simply perfect.

Profile Picture Eileen, 8/27/16, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Favors & Gifts, Wedding Planning

Paula helped us to plan an absolutely magical wedding! From the moment we started working with her she listened to us carefully, helped us to figure out what WE wanted, not what she wanted for us, and just kept telling us she wanted us to be happy. She clearly spent time getting to know us and our vision for the wedding- every time she made a vendor recommendation we loved it/them! I wish she had been a bit more responsive via email in the months leading up to our wedding, but when it came to the last 8 weeks, we had regular emails, scheduled phone call meetings, and it was clear she was in her element- making sure everything would go perfectly on the wedding day. We absolutely LOVED our wedding day and all of the vendors recommended to us by Paula and her fabulous staff, definitely schedule a phone call with Paula to see if you're a fit.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 8/27/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Marrero Events made it possible for me to truly be there for every minute of my daughters wedding. They took care of every detail so that I could enjoy the day without worry. Paula and Holly were completely available to me and my daughter for any questions we had. I don't think I even realized how much they did for us until after the wedding - it was seamless. Paula has fabulous connections and great taste, a winning combination. We simply could not have done it without her. My best advice.....hire Marrero Events!

Profile Picture Amanda, 7/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Paula Marrero makes the magic happen. She begins with an amazing network of connections and she will work with you to make sure your experience with each vendor is the absolute best. We had a number of things lined up before we hired Paula but we felt secure in all of our decisions because Paula was always honest about whom you could count on for what. Would the band overwhelm our 130-person wedding (‘absolutely not”); would the photographer be worth the money (“1000%”)? All true. By the time late fall rolled around, all of our vendors were secured and three months out Paula (and Isabelle) kicked into high gear. Every meeting was a run-through of the big day, but the goal was never to put pressure on us; it was more to firm up the design of the day, put a handful of priority items on our to-do list, and move on. I never felt I had to keep the whole project, or the big picture, in my head. That was in Paula’s job and in her head. And little by little things just got done. As amazing as all this was, I can’t say enough about Paula’s “day of” handling of the wedding -- her quiet command of every detail, her spectacular, loving care for my daughter, her thoughtfulness about my elderly mother-in-law, her sensitive family management skills, her astonishing energy level from morning to night. She seemed to be everywhere at once – but she was QUIETLY ubiquitous. The only bad part? Saying good-bye at the end. A number of my friends were surprised that I hired a wedding planner. I’m very organized and can-do. But it was the best investment we made. It took the burden out of the work. It allowed me and my daughter to have fun together. So it wasn’t just the wedding that was amazing – and it truly was a beautiful, magical wedding – but the lead-up to it was actually also wonderful. It doesn’t get better than that.

Profile Picture Barbara, 7/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I would definitely recommend Marrero. They were incredibly thoughtful, flexible and responsive!

Profile Picture User7329975, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I could not have asked for a better planner for my wedding. I was lucky enough to be able to work with Paula Marrero and with Isabelle, and they were with me every step of the way, supporting me and helping me to focus my vision for the wedding and bring that vision to life. Paula Marrero is on top of every detail, knows all of the best vendors (and which ones will be the best fit for each individual bride), is attentive to any and all needs, and knows how to answer every question and navigate every dilemma. She knows when to push you a bit, and when to remind you to relax and take a step back. In other words, she truly does it all! On my wedding day, I never felt that I had to worry about any of the details or what was coming next. Paula was always there, taking care of every detail and gently reminding me to stay focused on the present moment – the latter of which is something that I could not have done without her. The wedding was magical and absolutely beautiful, but the wedding planning process itself was just as special. Paula and Isabelle took the stress out of the process and made it fun. I loved our phone calls and meetings, and it was so hard to say good-bye after the wedding. I highly recommend Marrero Weddings and Events – you cannot find anyone better.

Profile Picture Isabel, 7/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We are so thrilled that we chose Marrero Events as our month-of wedding planner. Paula & her incredible team of talent executed our wedding vision perfectly. They are truly the best in the business. Paula & Isabelle have an innate passion for working with not only the bride & groom, but the entire bridal party. Every single one of my bridesmaids has mentioned that after witnessing how stress-free our wedding day was, that a wedding planner is truly a must-have! My new husband was particularly thankful for Paula & Isabelle perfecting the transportation logistics, it's a huge to-do off your plate. Their knowledge of talented vendors in the industry is invaluable. If you're searching for a wedding planner, you MUST speak with Marrero Events!

Profile Picture Alicia, 4/30/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception

Paula is a marvelous master of ceremonies! Immediately upon initial contact, we had established a fantastic professional --and personal-- rapport [that is in fact continuing to this day]. She and her team are remarkably organized and efficient - from the outset to the dirty details. Our wedding, held at the Liberty Hotel in Boston, would not have been the fabulous affair it was if it were not for Paula. She really knows her craft, and helped us facilitate many of the details we would not have even considered on our own.

We cannot rave enough about Paula! Practically all of our guests have said our wedding was the best they'd ever experienced, and many have added that Paula was our best investment - and we clearly agree! If you are still seeking a planner of any sort for your event, look no further than Marrero Events!

Profile Picture chris, 10/24/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception, Non-Religious

Paula and her team made our wedding day absolutely magical! We had high expectations after she helped plan my sister's wedding the previous year, and she absolutely delivered. In particular, she helped manage (and think of!) the decor details that made it spectacular (we were literally wowed walking into the tent), and handled all the details of wrangling different vendors. Day-of, I was fully at peace knowing that everything would be covered, and she shielded me from all the last minute hassles (of which I'm sure there are always some). Most importantly, she was constantly a pleasure to work with and we were thrilled to have her there with us at the wedding.

Profile Picture Molly, 10/17/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Full Planning, Religious

Paula Marrero and her team were the absolutely the best decision we made in planning my daughter's wedding. EVERYthing from vendor referrals, calming nerves, help with family dynamics/obstacles, unique design ideas, and flawless execution of the entire event. I know the most important day in our lives would not have been as spectacular as it was without Marrero!! TALK TO THEM ... you'll be so glad that you did ... they work with ALL types of couples and offer many levels of services to choose from. If you want the day to be exceptional AND you want to actually enjoy it .... call Paula and her team !!!

Profile Picture User5500538, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I'm not a wedding girl. I love weddings and love and the commitment of it all but let's just say I'm not the girl that secretly planned her wedding since I was 10. I got engaged in August 2014 and after all the initial excitement I realized how behind the curve I was in planning what I'm told should be a dream day. My father recommended hiring a wedding coordinator and I figured why not at least check it out?

It was like Paula and her team knew what we would want before we did but - and this is key - she never said as much. Paula may have opinions about what is best - and she'll share them and make recommendations - but in the end she is very respectful that all decisions are ultimately the couple's to make.

She also has amazing contacts and I highly recommend you rely on her expertise when it comes to vendor selection. We gave Paula our overall budget and, in listening closely to what was important to us, she chose vendors who fell within our budget. One example of this is that I was OBSESSED with talking about the flowers and the feel of the wedding. For whatever reason the flowers were how I was able to express how I envisioned the wedding day to be. She therefore allotted a good portion of the budget towards floral design. She also listened to the fact that, for me, discussing lighting options (uplighting, downlighting, mood lighting) made me want to fall sleep. So she just handled it for us. She talked with the DJ and that was that. We never had to think about it. But come wedding day I had the minimum amount of uplighting to create the maximum classy, candlelit feeling she knew I would want.

If your on the fence about hiring a wedding coordinator, just do it. Whatever money you spend you will save in aggravation and second-guessing. Consider it a present to you and your future spouse so that you can just focus on being happy and loving each other while Paula and her wonderful team handle the irritating, stressful, boring, and/or sensitive details.

Profile Picture Kate, 9/19/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, Referrals, Religious, Ceremony, Reception

Paula is the best! She helped us find excellent vendors for our wedding and was a pleasure to work with. She knows the industry inside and out and made navigating wedding planning easy. Not sure what we would have done without her, especially the last three weeks! We didn't have to worry about anything.

Profile Picture User6392002, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

As MOB, I hired Paula as a gift to myself. And it was so worth it! Although the wedding was at a top Boston Hotel which came with its own wedding planner, having Paula and Courtney with us for the entire process, running interference with the hotel and other vendors, was invaluable. Not to mention moral support! It turned out to be my daughter's dream wedding and with Paula and Courtney at our sides, I was able to actually enjoy every minute of it. They knew us so well by the time the day came that I didn't have to worry about a thing - I knew they would deal with whatever hiccups occurred (and there are always some) exactly as we would want them to. Definitely planning to work with them again!

Profile Picture User6368170, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Non-Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, Referrals