MARQUEE ARTISTS Reviews

109 Reviews for MARQUEE ARTISTS

1 User photo

• Carolyn

Carolyn Collins · Married on 03/28/2020

Super helpful and communicative thus far!

We hired Marquee Artists for our end-of-March wedding, which we just had to postpone due to the coronavirus outbreak. Up to now, we've had a wonderful experience with Kelton Higgins. In planning, Kelton has been super detail-oriented and communicative, and we were confident we were in good hands thanks to the very detailed google spreadsheet he uses to get every last detail about what we want for our cocktail hour and reception! We enjoyed picking the songs we want to play and speaking with Kelton on a planning phone call. When we decided to postpone our reception for health and safety reasons, we reached out to Kelton and he couldn't have been more understanding and helpful. He is working with us to move our deposits to a future date or provide a refund if our schedules don't align, which is much appreciated! In this time of great uncertainty and stress, working with Marquee Artists and Kelton has been one thing we didn't need to worry about, and for that we are eternally grateful!

Sent on 03/16/2020
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 12/15/2019

The BEST of the best!!

“HIRE KELTON. HIRE HIM TODAY.” That is exactly what one of my friends said when we realized that the DJ we were considering for our special day (on 12/15/2019) was the same one she and her husband worked with for their wedding! And that’s what I now say to any engaged couples looking for someone who is the perfect combination of professional, organized, and fun. I’ll even break it down for you:

PROFESSIONAL: With two weeks to go, we unexpectedly had to change our game plan for the ceremony music, due to a logistical snag with some musician friends who gifted us their talent for the cocktail hour. Kelton didn’t bat an eye and swooped right in, gathering all the music we needed, which included a 19th century Scottish song not very well known on this side of the pond. He even nailed every single pronunciation of every name, asking to have them sent by voice memo so he could honor everyone accurately. Also, during our Father/Daughter dance, my dad got so emotional that he couldn’t go on for much longer, and as soon as I caught Kelton’s eye, he knew EXACTLY what that meant and slowly faded down the song to wrap things up. Now THAT is attention to detail! So incredibly thoughtful.

ORGANIZED: Kelton’s incredible spreadsheet that outlines everything down to the minute, his constant availability in the months leading up to the wedding, and his immense expertise all made it possible for us to focus on the most important parts of the day: getting married and having fun! His AV setup for the ceremony was also perfect for what we needed on the riser, and something we didn’t even think about twice once he and our venue coordinator connected to schedule his walkthrough and setup.

FUN: Kelton was seriously one of the best parts of our wedding day! Not only did we have a blast and got to enjoy our celebration, but MANY of our guests made a point of letting us know just how excellent Kelton was in his song choices, well-timed announcements, and ability to read the crowd. We had a SUNDAY BRUNCH wedding, and yet could not keep people off the dance floor, that’s how good Kelton is!!! On top of being an amazing DJ, Kelton is also a really, REALLY great guy. By the end of the night, Kelton even danced with our guests during the final song, which everyone absolutely loved.

So, starting where I began: when it comes to Kelton Higgins, HIRE HIM TODAY. And to Kelton: thank you for building the soundtrack of our love story, and for making our marriage something not only felt and seen, but also heard!

Sent on 01/21/2020
  • Nik

Nik Hamilton · Married on 11/15/2019

Kelton, Kelton, Kelton

I'm not sure what are the appropriate words to properly describe how we feel about Kelton, but one that immediately comes to mind is AMAZING! Everyone had such a great time at our wedding and they are still talking about how good he was, the dance floor was occupied for hours. Kelton blended in quite well with everyone and if you didn't know who he was, you would think he was long time friend. He read the crowd really well and picked music that kept the dance floor busy, we had a really good workout.

Kelton was so responsive and easy going throughout the entire process. We loved that he never judged our music tastes, he was totally about us and what we wanted and made sure that we got what we truly dreamed about.

I cannot recommend Kelton enough and if we ever are in need of a DJ this is the person we would work with without question.

Sent on 05/14/2019

Annie Beddoe · Married on 10/05/2019

Exceptional!

Kelton was beyond helpful and responsiveness in the months prior to our wedding. He immediately put us at ease. We had never met him, nor had he done an event at our venue. Meeting him on our wedding day, we immediately felt like friends! Everything went seamlessly and he exceeded our expectation. He is super outgoing and creates a great fun, welcoming vibe. We hope to work with him again!!

Sent on 10/14/2019
  • Gloria

Gloria Nhan · Married on 09/28/2019

Wonderful! Kelton does not disappoint!

Kelton did exactly what he promised he would do. He delivered excellent music choices, managed on-the-spot changes when the bridal and grooms party decided they wanted their own entrances, took everyone’s request without question, provided up-lights last minute, made a monogram for us, and somehow became the MC for the night when ours went missing. Super professional. Called two nights before the wedding to confirm everything and answers all my questions when I had no idea what they meant. Overall, highly recommended. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 10/01/2019
  • Stephen

Stephen Kalkbrenner · Married on 09/20/2019

Accommodating and fun

Kelton was very accommodating. We shared a very specific list of music, and he made it work. When we made a last minute audible, Kelton was able to get the right songs playing and everyone on the dance floor. Much more cost effective than a band, and just as fun!

Sent on 09/27/2019

Joanne · Married on 03/09/2019

Amazing, Fun, and Fabulous (and Affordable)

Kelton was amazing! He was a communicative and active participant in the planning of the music and the announcements at my daughter’s wedding on March 9. Kelton provided an extensive list of potential songs to play in a shared Google Document with columns for “play” and “do not play” which was great. Also, I was impressed that he attended the walk through of the Whittemore House a month prior to the wedding, asking pertinent questions of the Whittemore staff about the placement of various things and how best to provide the sound amplification that would be needed.  He provided wireless mics which worked really well for the toasts. Kelton did a great job as the master of ceremony and his mix of the selected music was fun and fabulous. He had the crowd dancing, rocking to the music. Many of the older folks told me that they hadn’t danced in years but were having lots of fun doing so then. Having him on our wedding team instilled so much confidence in me, my daughter and new son-in-law, who is an amateur DJ. They were so taken by Kelton that, if possible, they would like to attend future events at which Kelton is the DJ!! I HIGHLY recommend him.

Sent on 03/13/2019
  • Natasha

Natasha Khanna · Married on 12/26/2018

best. dj. ever!

From the beginning, our primary goal for our wedding was for it to feel like one big party. A crucial part of any party is the music and Kelton knocked it out of the park! We had some complicated requests with different songs played at set times and incorporating both Brazilian and Indian music to reflect my husband and I's cultural backgrounds. Kelton handled all our requests perfectly, we got a ton of compliments on the music and the dance floor was packed all night long. Kelton was responsive, easy going and a pleasure to work with from start to finish. I'd enthusiastically recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ!

Sent on 10/21/2019

Elizabeth Holcombe · Married on 11/10/2018

Book kelton!

You will not be disappointed with your experience if you decide to go with Kelton. He is responsible, goes the extra mile (went to my venue TWICE before the big day to test sound equipment and make sure he had everything he needed), was super organized and willing to play music we wanted to hear. He had FUN during our wedding which encouraged others to have fun, and really kept the party going. He uses a Google Doc so you can basically tell him exactly what you are looking to listen to, so you are in complete control! My fear with a DJ in general is that they would be on the mic too much and be cheesy in general-- not Kelton. He is respectful, did what I asked of him, and a "normal" dude who just loves what he does. Of all of my vendors, Kelton was the most responsive and easy to work with. I really enjoyed my experience with him and would HIGHLY recommend him to others and use him in the future if we ever have a need! Thank you Kelton!

Sent on 11/15/2018

Marilyn Turner · Married on 11/04/2018

The DJ you want, especially at Josephine Butler Park Center

Kelton is the BEST! He DJ'd our wedding earlier this month and we are still smiling with the memories of much fun we had on the dance floor. Kelton was a pleasure to work with-he is incredibly responsive to questions, joined us for two sites and walked us through all the sound equipment needs (from the ceremony, cocktail hour, toasts, to dancing) he would support. Day of, he was on time, did his own set up and made sure our guests were dancing all night long. We wish we could do it all again, and if we did we'd make sure Kelton was available!

Sent on 11/30/2018

Stephanie · Married on 10/13/2018

Kelton is a Rockstar!

Kelton was recommended to me by one of my girlfriends after he completely rocked a wedding she attended. He is extremely organized, has exceptional communication skills, is patient, and is just a genuine nice person. Everyone from our 21 month old flower girl to my great aunt were having a blast on the dance floor. The dancing only stopped because the wedding ended. He really is an expert at mixing up the song selection. He also helped my Matron of Honor execute a special song cue in her speech - It was such a surprise and was perfectly timed. I had such an amazing night and am so grateful I had the opportunity to work with Kelton.

Sent on 11/05/2018

Sari · Married on 10/06/2018

Professional and Fun

Kelton was a wonderful DJ - the music he played was exactly what we wanted, and he was kind and responsive to requests from our guests. Many friends commented during and after the wedding on how great the music was. Leading up to the wedding, Kelton was incredibly organized and responsive. He made it a priority to meet with us in person and have calls to sort out final details. He provided an easy to use electronic spreadsheet for us to note the types of songs that we liked - the process of working on it was very helpful for making decisions about the kind of wedding we wanted. Most importantly, Kelton has lots of positive energy, which was comforting during the more hectic periods leading up to the reception. Hiring him was one of the best vendor choices we made and we'd recommend him without any caveats.

Sent on 11/07/2018

Rachael · Married on 09/08/2018

If you want your guests to dance....book DJ Kelton

DJ Kelton, without question, was among the best decisions we made for our wedding ceremony. Calm, competent, and with a true passion for music, he did a fantastic job, and drove the dancefloor like a maestro. There. Was. So. Much. Dancing... Because Kelton knows how to read a crowd. It was an incredible time, for young and old alike, and we didn't have to worry about a thing.

His excellent communication skills and admirable level of preparation for our wedding were evident throughout the process. He made us feel comfortable, and clearly worked to give us exactly what we wanted. The real magic is that he was able to do so based on minimal input from us. We provided a handful of must-plays, and he took it from there... And crushed it.

If you're in the process of deciding on wedding music, do what we did, and grab a coffee with Kelton. Your guests will thank you for it later.

Sent on 12/04/2018

Anya · Married on 08/17/2018

Marquee Artists had Kelton Higgins available for my wedding date, and he is a fantastic DJ! I've known of him since the awesome Fatback dance parties, and was thrilled to book him for my wedding. He had the crowd rocking the dance floor! He was also organized and responsive to e-mails, and did a great job editing our first dance song - things you definitely want in a wedding DJ! And he was totally game to play a bunch of Russian songs, which was a highlight for my family (the other DJs I spoke with were hesitant for some reason, but not Kelton, he was all in!). If you like to have a good time, I highly recommend him for your wedding!

Sent on 06/12/2018

Jess · Married on 06/30/2018

Kelton Higgins was an absolute rock star throughout the wedding planning process and the consummate professional! We couldn't be happier with his DJ skills! He really strived to put us front-and-center and went the extra mile to make our big night unique! For example, when we set up a venue "walk-through" which was primarily for our wedding planner and caterer to get a sense of the venue, Kelton showed up to ensure he knew exactly where we wanted him to set up his equipment and to get an understanding of the ceremony flow and transitions throughout the evening. This attention to detail led to an absolutely flawless DJ performance for when it mattered most. Despite relatively little input from us for music preferences, Kelton did an outstanding job keeping everyone on the dance floor all night long! As soon as we moved to the dance floor - it was full for the rest of the night (see attached photo)!!! Kelton truly knows how to read the crowd and keep your guests moving!

We're really grateful for Kelton's great DJ skills and highly recommend him to other soon to be married couples!!!

Sent on 09/03/2018

Kristin · Married on 06/16/2018

KC was amazing!! I've never seen a wedding get so excited to dance! Music was a priority for our wedding, and both my husband and I were so happy to work with KC. He was a pleasure to work with in the weeks leading up to the wedding, knew how to work with our venue for optimal sound, and created a fun and positive environment throughout the night. We also had multiple guests comment not only on his excellent music choice, but his enthusiasm while DJing as well! We couldn't have been happier than with KC as the DJ for our wedding!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Sarah · Married on 05/26/2018

We found Marquee Artists through WeddingWire when we were looking for a DJ for our reception and are so glad we ended up with much more! We booked not only our DJ through them, but the uplighting, microphones/sound system, AND photobooth as well. We can’t recommend them enough!

Kelton and Chau are both wedding pros and were super responsive and professional throughout the planning process. We modified/delayed decision-making on some things – number of uplights, whether we needed ceremony microphones – but that was no issue at all! They also knew our venue space well and gave us suggestions when we needed them.

Kelton was our point of contact for the photobooth, and we appreciated his flexibility and patience with us. He accommodated our request to have the photobooth set up during a short window of time during dinner, and he even updated our photo strip template the day before the wedding at 1 AM for us (thank you!!).

Chau was such a great emcee and fun DJ on the day of the wedding, and like Kelton, really easy to work with leading up to the big day! He quickly understood our musical taste and all of the guests had such a great time at the reception! We’ve left a more detailed review under DJ Chizzau, but if he’s available on your date, we highly recommend you book him!!

You won’t regret hiring Marquee Artists as a vendor for any of your wedding day needs!!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Stephanie · Married on 12/31/2017

KC (Marquee Artists) was an incredible DJ. He was professional, prepared, and organized. We had a New Year's Eve wedding, so the DJ was a very important part. Both my wife and I love to dance and KC kept everyone engaged and dancing until after 2 AM. Not only was the reception music incredible, KC worked with us on our ceremony music, which was also executed perfectly. He came prepared with ceremony mics, both standing and floor, so the different parts of the ceremony (including readings) were able to be heard by guests even in the back row. KC truly understood our vision for our wedding music across the ceremony, cocktail hour/dinner, and dancing into the wee hours of the morning. He is also a wonderful MC and served a vital role in creating structured transitions between all the different parts of our wedding. I cannot recommend KC enough!!! He was beyond amazing!

Sent on 01/03/2018

Rachel · Married on 11/04/2017

Could not have found a better DJ than with marquee!! Our guests are still raving two months after our wedding- and so are we. The music set list was everything that we wanted, and there was a great “mash up” that made up the music so it kept thing interesting and fun- and most importantly- people on the dance floor! I would hhighly recommend this group for any event.

Sent on 01/03/2018

Lina · Married on 09/30/2017

Bobby from Marquee Artists was both the MC and DJ at two of my friends' weddings that I attended. He did an amazing job and I knew I had to have him for my wedding!

Bobby was very professional and organized, he even helped me with my timeline and made suggestions based on his experience. His questions were very detailed and as a result the day of the wedding went smoothly and was handled just as we had wanted.

He definitely kept the dance floor going all night, he knew what to play to keep everyone dancing. After the last song, the crowd literally chanted ONE MORE SONG and Bobby was kind enough to oblige. It was one of the most memorable moments of the night, we loved knowing that our guests were having such a great time. Thank you to Marquee Artists for doing such a wonderful job, HIGHLY recommended! :)

Sent on 01/02/2018

Diane · Married on 07/08/2017

Bobby made our wedding! He kept our dance floor full all night and read the crowd so well. We couldn't have asked for more in a DJ He was easy to work with, professional, and responsive throughout.

Sent on 07/27/2017

Lindsay · Married on 05/06/2017

Chau Nguyen was absolutely the BEST! He DJed for 4 hours non-stop during our wedding and our guests couldn't get enough! In fact, one of my friends who attended specifically asked for his playlist so she could recreate all the fun at her wedding in Florida a few months later. He was super responsive leading up to the wedding and was amazing at reading the room and livening up the dance party. Chau, thank you for making our wedding so special and so fun. We had a blast!

Sent on 06/14/2017

Laura · Married on 04/30/2017

We hired Bobby Jae for our wedding this past weekend, and he was excellent. He was so thorough and accommodating with us during the planning phase (my day-of coordinator was extremely impressed by the reception planner packet Bobby asked us to fill out), and did an amazing job of keeping the party itself flowing naturally. After the wedding, my mom asked how we knew him. I was confused, and just said, "Well, we found him on Yelp?" Her response was, "Oh! He seemed so comfortable and at ease with you two, so I just assumed you knew him already!" Needless to say, I highly recommend him!

Sent on 05/06/2017

Jennifer · Married on 03/31/2017

KC (Kelton) from Marquee did a great job at our wedding. He was very responsive when we had questions and he provided tools that we could use to help us with the ceremony and reception timeline. The music sounded great and everyone was very happy. People were getting dowwwwn on the dance floor. He played the music that kept them dancing but he also made time to throw in the not so popular music that the bride loved (thank you for playing Ace of Base). He helped make our wedding fun and silly and it made the night that much more special for the happy couple. Thank you KC, and Marquee, for a wonderful and memorable evening!

Sent on 04/03/2017

Katherine · Married on 12/31/2016

Marquee Artists and DJ Bobby Jae were both fantastic for our NYE wedding. Bobby was extremely professional, responsive, and helped make our night perfect. He was very receptive to our suggestions, but knew exactly what to do throughout the entire evening. Our dance floor was packed the entire night and all of our guests were dancing and singing the entire night to hit after hit. We received so many compliments on Bobby and would recommend him and Marquee to all our friends for any future events! Thank you Bobby Jae!

Sent on 01/22/2017