MARKY MUNRO Reviews

MARKY MUNRO 5
MARKY MUNRO 6
MARKY MUNRO 7

Carol · Getting married on 10/06/2019

Hi Marky, I saw you 3 months ago at a birthday party with some friends. I was the one that told you I loved the remix you played of Bon Jovi. Hahaha! Anyways, how much do you charge and are you available on October 6, 2019? I know it's super early but we wanted to go ahead and ask you. Thanks!

Sent on 07/13/2018

MARKY MUNRO's reply:

Hi Carol, Yes I do have your date available and would love to perform for your event! Let me email you my Pricing Guide for you to look over. It includes a lot of items like Up-Lighting, Texture Lighting and Monogram Lighting, plus other extra's we may need. DO THIS: Please go to my website and fill out my contact form and I will send you my Pricing Guide through that. I'm looking forward to hearing from you! ~Marky!

Joan · Married on 02/24/2018

We had Marky Munro DJ Company for our wedding and Marky was awesome. He arrived early for our setting up, was very professional to work with, and a pleasure to be around. He was really kind to our guests and that was really nice. All our guests loved the songs and were out dancing right after our first dance. Marky had even my grandparents dancing to the train all over the room. That's really special! The mixing and scratching was spectacular, and the sing-a-longs were uplifting and fun! There's a great balance of humor and confidence amid all the introductions and talking to the guests. Everything just looked and sounded fantastic. We had a good bit of praise from our family on how well the party went. During the planning side, Marky was very charming and focused about our event. I really felt like everything was just fine with all the conversation we had months in advance. I'm confident Marky Munro DJ Company is one of the best djs in the upstate. I highly recommend Marky to anyone who is having an event!

Trina · Married on 02/17/2018

DJ Marky did our wedding and did an amazing job! He was organized, professional, on time and extremely entertaining! He even had stuff covered that we didn't even think about. I cannot recommend him highly enough! DJ Marky plays to the crowd, gets emotions of the crowd and has fun entertaining everyone. Hands down one of the best DJ's in the upstate.

Gary · Married on 02/03/2018

It's thrilling to see so many great performers for hire these days. It took us 2 months to decide if we wanted a band or a dj. We've browsed all the sites we could find and eventually came across Marky and his cool turntables. It didn't take long to realize that Marky could help us with several of our music needs. Marky Munro was incredibly helpful with his ceremony services and he was very flexible with our ceremony plans too. We changed our ceremony plans three times! Marky was just so pleasant and helpful to talk to about our timeline issues.

DJ Marky Munro was a dream to work with. He's such a team player with all that we wanted to do. He did a fantastic job spinning at our wedding. The dance floor was off the charts and he did a great job with some last minute song requests. It felt like we were in our own personal club which was kinda the vibe we wanted music wise. He's also really good at reading the audience and letting certain songs go longer if everyone was singing along.

Our wedding went over and we did not want it to end! I'm very thankful for Marky Munro's help and eagerness. Looking forward to the happy memories!

Teresa · Married on 10/07/2017

First and foremost, this was a fun party start to finish, with gorgeous lights, and perfect song selection all night. Our wedding was outdoors and in the fall. We had a large tent with string lights included. Then we rented the uplighting package from DJ Marky Munro to go out under the nearby trees. Uplighting the trees was very neat! We ended up purchasing the $1499 package with the extra ceremony package. And then paid it up front to qualify for the 10% discount. But my sister spent $3500 on a band so I was excited to keep it all under $1700. You really get what you pay for and DJ Marky Munro was worth every penny! We saw DJ Marky Munro dj'ing at a large corporate event of 700+ guests in downtown Greenville last Christmas. It was the Scansource Christmas party at the Westin Poinsett. We knew then, that we wanted to try and book him for our wedding. DJ Marky Munro was so kind and patient during the emailing and planning side. We didn't have all our details sorted til the last few weeks and it was easy to share all the last minute adjustments with him. The music was perfectly done with everything from arrival music for the ceremony, happy hour, dinner, and dancing. It was incredible to look around and see everyone from my grandparents to my young cousins enjoying the music. I think what made the party so incredible was the club style mixing. He did very little talking on the microphone, he just played one hit song after another. DJ Marky Munro isn't just a computer and small speakers guy, he really loves music and lighting. Just the type of guy you want at the helm during your once in a lifetime event. Thanks for the great party Marky!

Stacy · Married on 09/16/2017

DJ Marky is absolutely the BEST. We used his services for a Sweet 16 Birthday party and he made the event. He requested a play list from our daughter and created a sound track based on her style. DJ Marky engaged the teenagers and they danced all night. DJ Marky went above and beyond and I would highly recommend him for any event!!

Mandi · Married on 08/05/2017

I truly believe a DJ can make or break a wedding (or event), and I cannot stress enough how DJ Marky Munro made my wedding the best day of my life! There was never a dull moment! He was very aware of the crowd and the 'mood' the whole time, and responded to them in the perfect way! He got everyone involved, from grandma to flower girl! Played a great selection of music, from the latest hits, to the throw back 'oldie but goodies'. Everyone had the time of their lives, and I still have people telling me that was the best wedding they've ever been to, and I give him the credit!!

Keith · Married on 05/28/2017

Marky was a great DJ and had awesome tunes. Led to a great event. Thanks so much!

Lauren · Married on 05/20/2017

DJ Marky Munro did a fantastic job keeping our guests partying and dancing at our wedding reception. He helped us get organised with the announcements and did a great job gathring the crowd's attention for the important events like cutting the cake and speeches. He played an great selection of music to please a very mixed crowd, and we were so happy he was able to get nearly everyone on the dance floor at one point! Mark also handled a last minute request to source a generator with no problems and we appreciated his willingness to meet our needs. If you are looking for a great DJ to get the party started and keep it going look no further :)

Rachael · Married on 05/20/2017

We had an outdoor wedding in the middle of the summer, and in the middle of a thunderstorm, and we had the time of our lives!

The tent was large enough for 200 guests but we only had about 150, so we had a large space for the dance floor. We were on our family property in the middle of the country and the old house there has poor electrical issues. So we needed a generator for the reception. From Marky Munro DJ Company we purchased the ceremony package for the ceremony in the front of the house, and the party package for the tented reception in the back of the house. And also rented quiet generators for the dj sound-system. It was a major production getting everything together for a dinner party in the middle of the field.

From the very first email, to our first dance, DJ Marky Munro was super helpful and professional. The whole planning part with DJ Marky was stress free too! I felt very confident that he was doing everything right in the planning part.

The day of the wedding DJ Marky shows up an hour early and sets up his quiet generators as far away as possible so they could hardly be heard. Then he set up the main dj system in the reception area and finally the speaker and microphone for the pastor in the ceremony space. He was so organized and fast getting everything set up.

DJ Marky was fantastic on the mincrophone for the grand entrance and made it sound really fun. All the announcements and introductions went well and according to plan. But once the dance floor opened up, he didn't slow down at all. Then nearly all of us were doing the train around the ten. The guests LOVED IT!!

Thank you DJ Marky Munro for making our wedding a fun, memborable, and amazing time!

MARKY MUNRO 8
    MARKY MUNRO 15
    MARKY MUNRO 16
    MARKY MUNRO 17

nicole · Married on 04/08/2017

Marky did such an amazing job making our special day perfect! Even though we had a temporary power outage on the block where the wedding was, he made sure we were all still having a great time! He's very professional and truly cares about how your experience is! I recommend him 100% and if I have any events in the future I will be using Marky Munro!!

Mandy · Married on 03/18/2017

I've gotten so many compliments on Marky's DJ-ing. The dance floor was packed the entire reception and everyone loved his mix. He kept the party going, without being corny. Marky walks you through the entire process and makes sure that the day is planned to a T! I fully recommend his DJ services to any brides planning their wedding.

Kelly · Married on 01/21/2017

Marky does a great job of reading the crowd and getting everyone involved. Tons of fun! We danced all night!

Miranda · Married on 09/10/2016

Marky Munro was awesome! He went above and beyond any expectation we had for our DJ. He actually took the time to get to know us and what we wanted on our special day. We were very pleased with the different aspects he brought to our event. His lighting elements are very impressive and his skill on the turn tables was greatly appreciated. He really did a great job in setting the tone for the evening. Marky provided the music for the ceremony and the reception and we couldn't be happier with the results. He was very easy to work with, answered all of our questions, gave valuable feedback and helped us with other aspects such as timing and event coordination. His lovely fiance Emily was an unexpected yet HIGHLY appreciated addition. Together this duo will give you an event worth having. We highly recommend Marky Munro and would absolutely book him again for another event in the future!

Jaimie · Married on 06/06/2015

We worked with Marky Munroe and it was an AWESOME experience! He and his wife made our clients' wedding so much fun! Plus it was really easy to work with them, they were so accommodating. Marky made sure everyone was having a great time on the dance floor. Even during the massive rain storm that hit, he & his wife remained in good spirits and kept the party going strong. As one professional wedding vendor to another, we're super impressed with the amazing service Marky Munroe provided and will definitely be referring him to our other wedding clients in the future!

Virginia · Married on 06/28/2014

DJ Marky was an incredible wedding DJ at my daughters wedding!! The music selection he played was perfect for the occasion, he kept the mood up and everyone was dancing all night long. He was also really great at giving the appropriate cues for all the dances, the bouquet toss, the maid of honor and best man speeches, he seriously did a fantastic job! Marky was friendly and professional and even lets you pick out a few "Must Play" songs that he'll play when you want him to. He has a great ear for making the moment more magical.

Thank you for everything Marky Murno! I'd highly recommend him to anyone, you won't regret it!

Kimberly · Married on 06/21/2014

Hands down, Marky Munro made our Wedding as smooth as it possibly could be.

We hired him based on a referral, and he did not fail to impress. His attention to detail, professionalism, and genuine excitement about his profession made him the best MC/DJ for our wedding.

Sure, most people will "have a friend that is a DJ", and they will do it cheap. DO NOT SKIMP ON A DJ. We found that there were a few levels of DJs out there in the upstate area, and by far, Marky Munro is at the TOP.

During the planning phase, he walked us through his whole setup, gave us many ideas and recommendations, and ultimately held our hands through the difficult task of selecting music/entrances/events for our evening. I trusted that Mark would make the best decisions off of his vibe that he was feeling for music, so we left much of the music selection to him, and we provided him with a few genres that we liked. I didn't hear one song that made me think "ugh, please change this song".

He has a clear, well-spoken voice. His sound setup and speakers were high quality, and I felt like our guests were in good hands for being able to hear us during the Ceremony and reception.

His ability to read the crowd, and play the right music to keep the flow going was spot on! Marky made sure the whole event was seamless, and has had our guests talking to us about him on several occasions since our wedding.

We HIGHLY recommend Marky Munro dj company for your Wedding needs. I want to go to his next gig so I can just dance it up :D

Thank you Marky, you really made our day special, immense gratitude doesn't begin to explain our feelings towards your company, Marky.

Lynn · Married on 06/14/2014

Our wedding, complete with over 300 guests and a Greek band from New York, was a blast. We received so many compliments from our guests about how amazing the event was. The music that Marky selected was perfect. We couldn’t have asked for anything better. Marky played every song that was requested and he definitely kept the party going, all night long. In short, Marky was absolutely fantastic. He rocked it!!

Jenny · Married on 05/31/2014

Marky provided my husband and I with exceptional DJ experience. He was very open to our suggestions and he also worked with us on every aspect of our wedding ceremony and reception music, to make sure our special day was perfect. Our guests raved over the music selections and thanks Marky Munro, they never left the dance floor!

Erika · Married on 10/26/2013

Marky Munro was AWESOME! we chose Marky to host and DJ our wedding. He did an awesome job with the entertainment and he was extreme helpful when we were planning the reception. He actually pointed out some problems and suggested the perfect solution at the same time. He knows what he’s doing for sure.

Jessica · Married on 10/19/2013

We booked Marky Munro for our wedding and he was 100% professional, fantastic and knew exactly which music to play throughout the night. If you're looking for a DJ for any event, Marky Munro is the way to go.

Jane · Married on 10/12/2013

Marky Munro is the best entertainment/dj company for weddings. We have referred him to many of our friends and would do so again in the future. He is great about accommodating specific preferences and was completely affordable. We were on a solid budget, and ran into a problem with the venue, had to move to a much larger space. Marky offered to give us a free upgrade in sound to make sure we stayed on budget and met our larger sound needs. He was so nice for that. Doesn't get much better than that!

Carmen · Married on 10/05/2013

I rarely write reviews...but Marky was so great I felt compelled to.  We booked DJ Marky for our wedding and he was incredible.  The dance floor was packed from the moment he started mixing until 12 midnight.  Our wedding was a mix of people from different countries, age groups and backgrounds...and everyone loved Marky. Also, since our venue was a large spacious building, we were very stressed about the acoustics, so we upgraded the speakers package and the quality of the sound was perfect.  If you are looking for cheesy DJ wedding music, Marky is not for you. He is literally the coolist option in the area.

Marcela · Married on 09/28/2013

In our search for a wedding DJ we have a couple of criteria:

1. DJ cannot be cheesy
2. DJ must be professional and pleasant
3. Must have a diverse musical knowledge base, and be familiar with 90's R&B and Hip Hop.

Marky not only met these requirements, he surpassed our expectations. We met him for coffee twice, and lunch once, and he’s extremely personable, and patiently answered the 30 or so questions we had for them. We covered everything in our interview, "Who are your musical influences?" "What happens if it rains during our ceremony?” "What's the best way to keep the crowd on the dance floor?" etc.

He has worked with us through a couple of problems we have faced in planning our wedding, and has gone above and beyond to make sure we had a great experience.

I have talked to several DJ companies in the Greenville, and I can say, without hesitation, that Marky Munro dj company is BY FAR, your best best if you are looking for professional DJ's who are not cheesy.

Cari · Married on 09/21/2013

I chose Marky Munro for our wedding because I was familiar with him through a friends wedding in Charleston. He’s a real DJ, not someone who creates an iTunes list. I was not disappointed at all.

I have always been a big music fan. The husband not so much. So this was very much my task. The whole process was completely professional from the start. We picked DJ Marky because of his musical choices and mixing ability. He was fantastic. He was very patient when I gave him my incredibly long list of music that I thought the guests would like (only a few must plays), and he did a great job reading the crowd and picking the right music at the right time. My more music-obsessed friends all told me he was great and I couldn't agree more. If you appreciate a DJ with vast musical taste and top notch mixing/beat-matching skills I highly recommend Marky.