52 Reviews for MARKY MUNRO

51 MARKY MUNRO Reviews

I truly believe a DJ can make or break a wedding (or event), and I cannot stress enough how DJ Marky Munro made my wedding the best day of my life! There was never a dull moment! He was very aware of the crowd and the 'mood' the whole time, and responded to them in the perfect way! He got everyone involved, from grandma to flower girl! Played a great selection of music, from the latest hits, to the throw back 'oldie but goodies'. Everyone had the time of their lives, and I still have people telling me that was the best wedding they've ever been to, and I give him the credit!!

Profile Picture Mandi, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Marky was a great DJ and had awesome tunes. Led to a great event. Thanks so much!

Profile Picture Keith, 5/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Marky Munro did a fantastic job keeping our guests partying and dancing at our wedding reception. He helped us get organised with the announcements and did a great job gathring the crowd's attention for the important events like cutting the cake and speeches. He played an great selection of music to please a very mixed crowd, and we were so happy he was able to get nearly everyone on the dance floor at one point! Mark also handled a last minute request to source a generator with no problems and we appreciated his willingness to meet our needs. If you are looking for a great DJ to get the party started and keep it going look no further :)

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/20/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Marky did such an amazing job making our special day perfect! Even though we had a temporary power outage on the block where the wedding was, he made sure we were all still having a great time! He's very professional and truly cares about how your experience is! I recommend him 100% and if I have any events in the future I will be using Marky Munro!!

Profile Picture nicole, 4/8/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I've gotten so many compliments on Marky's DJ-ing. The dance floor was packed the entire reception and everyone loved his mix. He kept the party going, without being corny. Marky walks you through the entire process and makes sure that the day is planned to a T! I fully recommend his DJ services to any brides planning their wedding.

Profile Picture Mandy, 3/18/17, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Marky does a great job of reading the crowd and getting everyone involved. Tons of fun! We danced all night!

Profile Picture User7720643, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Marky Munro was awesome! He went above and beyond any expectation we had for our DJ. He actually took the time to get to know us and what we wanted on our special day. We were very pleased with the different aspects he brought to our event. His lighting elements are very impressive and his skill on the turn tables was greatly appreciated. He really did a great job in setting the tone for the evening. Marky provided the music for the ceremony and the reception and we couldn't be happier with the results. He was very easy to work with, answered all of our questions, gave valuable feedback and helped us with other aspects such as timing and event coordination. His lovely fiance Emily was an unexpected yet HIGHLY appreciated addition. Together this duo will give you an event worth having. We highly recommend Marky Munro and would absolutely book him again for another event in the future!

Profile Picture Miranda, 9/10/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Was the best DJ we could buy. He came with all his equipment and lights. He played a great variety of music and when we needed him to he was willing to improvise with us on the spot. We did have some issues with the size of his equipment and fitting it into our venue. He was not happy with where he was placed in the venue and he insisted we accommodate his needs regardless of what we asked. It was tense at first but he was completely right on where he should be in the venue. There was also some glitches with the microphone during the ceremony but I think it was due to the weather we had on our wedding day.
Long story short. He was thorough, had great variety, he had a great price, he was the best hype man of our party, with a little bit of behind the scenes disagreements. Our guests said "Best wedding we've been to because of the DJ"

Profile Picture sara, 5/29/16, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Marky was helpful in the planning process and provided great music for our wedding reception. The dance floor was filled all night and multiple guests commented that it was the most fun wedding they had been to.

Profile Picture Jillian, 6/27/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We worked with Marky Munroe and it was an AWESOME experience! He and his wife made our clients' wedding so much fun! Plus it was really easy to work with them, they were so accommodating. Marky made sure everyone was having a great time on the dance floor. Even during the massive rain storm that hit, he & his wife remained in good spirits and kept the party going strong. As one professional wedding vendor to another, we're super impressed with the amazing service Marky Munroe provided and will definitely be referring him to our other wedding clients in the future!

Profile Picture Jaimie, 6/6/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

My husband and I hired Marky for our May 2, 2015 wedding at the South Carolina Botanical Gardens in Clemson, SC. We debated a lot about whether to go with a live band, a DJ, or just use a playlist and have a friend act as an emcee. We are SO happy that we chose Marky as our DJ! He worked with us to stay within our budget, was accommodating to all of our song requests, and kept the party going the entire night. Before finding Marky, we were leaning heavily towards the playlist route, so I had created separate playlists for each portion of the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. I really appreciate that Marky didn't impose a list of "typical" wedding songs on us. The musicality was a huge part of our wedding and something that our guests really took notice of, so Marky's flawless execution really enhanced the atmosphere of an already perfect day.

When my husband and I first met with Marky, we discussed that our number one wedding pet peeve is when DJ's play the entire song during the hyped up dancing portion of the reception. Marky's intuition was spot on! The second the song started to lull, mellow in cadence, or quiet, he would drop another song that would get everyone pumped up again.

We could not be more pleased with Marky!

Profile Picture Sarah , 5/2/15, 1 Review
4.7

DJ Marky was a welcome relief from typical "wedding DJs". He kept everyone on their feet throughout the night and the song selection was great. I hate going to events where a DJ will play something to get people up & then play a song immediately after that people won't dance to, like a rock song for example. Marky's playlist flowed perfectly throughout the night. Seeing my dad dance to a dubstep Sandstorm remix is a vision many people will rememeber for a long time to come! In terms of an MC, I wish he would have commanded everyone's attention a little more during events like cutting the cake, last song, etc. but overall he was great and fun to be around. We would definitely choose him again!

Profile Picture Julia, 3/28/15, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Marky was an incredible wedding DJ at my daughters wedding!! The music selection he played was perfect for the occasion, he kept the mood up and everyone was dancing all night long. He was also really great at giving the appropriate cues for all the dances, the bouquet toss, the maid of honor and best man speeches, he seriously did a fantastic job! Marky was friendly and professional and even lets you pick out a few "Must Play" songs that he'll play when you want him to. He has a great ear for making the moment more magical. Thank you for everything Marky Murno! I'd highly recommend him to anyone, you won't regret it!

Profile Picture Virginia, 6/28/14, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Hands down, Marky Munro made our Wedding as smooth as it possibly could be.

We hired him based on a referral, and he did not fail to impress. His attention to detail, professionalism, and genuine excitement about his profession made him the best MC/DJ for our wedding.

Sure, most people will "have a friend that is a DJ", and they will do it cheap. DO NOT SKIMP ON A DJ. We found that there were a few levels of DJs out there in the upstate area, and by far, Marky Munro is at the TOP.

During the planning phase, he walked us through his whole setup, gave us many ideas and recommendations, and ultimately held our hands through the difficult task of selecting music/entrances/events for our evening. I trusted that Mark would make the best decisions off of his vibe that he was feeling for music, so we left much of the music selection to him, and we provided him with a few genres that we liked. I didn't hear one song that made me think "ugh, please change this song".

He has a clear, well-spoken voice. His sound setup and speakers were high quality, and I felt like our guests were in good hands for being able to hear us during the Ceremony and reception.

His ability to read the crowd, and play the right music to keep the flow going was spot on! Marky made sure the whole event was seamless, and has had our guests talking to us about him on several occasions since our wedding.

We HIGHLY recommend Marky Munro dj company for your Wedding needs. I want to go to his next gig so I can just dance it up :D

Thank you Marky, you really made our day special, immense gratitude doesn't begin to explain our feelings towards your company, Marky.

Profile Picture Kimberly, 6/21/14, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Our wedding, complete with over 300 guests and a Greek band from New York, was a blast. We received so many compliments from our guests about how amazing the event was. The music that Marky selected was perfect. We couldn’t have asked for anything better. Marky played every song that was requested and he definitely kept the party going, all night long. In short, Marky was absolutely fantastic. He rocked it!!

Profile Picture Lynn, 6/14/14, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Marky provided my husband and I with exceptional DJ experience. He was very open to our suggestions and he also worked with us on every aspect of our wedding ceremony and reception music, to make sure our special day was perfect. Our guests raved over the music selections and thanks Marky Munro, they never left the dance floor!

Profile Picture Jenny, 5/31/14, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

I have seen different DJ’s over the years, with our school dances and they seemed the same mostly. Then my little sister went to college and saw Marky playing there for a tailgate party. She was convinced I should talk to him about my wedding, and I am so glad that I did. He was so professional and friendly through all the planning, and when the dancing started, he nailed it. He got everyone dancing and having fun. It was simply a perfect night. He’s worth every cent!

Profile Picture Dixie, 5/10/14, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Marky Munro was AWESOME! we chose Marky to host and DJ our wedding. He did an awesome job with the entertainment and he was extreme helpful when we were planning the reception. He actually pointed out some problems and suggested the perfect solution at the same time. He knows what he’s doing for sure.

Profile Picture Erika, 10/26/13, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We booked Marky Munro for our wedding and he was 100% professional, fantastic and knew exactly which music to play throughout the night. If you're looking for a DJ for any event, Marky Munro is the way to go.

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/19/13, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Marky Munro is the best entertainment/dj company for weddings. We have referred him to many of our friends and would do so again in the future. He is great about accommodating specific preferences and was completely affordable. We were on a solid budget, and ran into a problem with the venue, had to move to a much larger space. Marky offered to give us a free upgrade in sound to make sure we stayed on budget and met our larger sound needs. He was so nice for that. Doesn't get much better than that!

Profile Picture Jane, 10/12/13, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I rarely write reviews...but Marky was so great I felt compelled to.  We booked DJ Marky for our wedding and he was incredible.  The dance floor was packed from the moment he started mixing until 12 midnight.  Our wedding was a mix of people from different countries, age groups and backgrounds...and everyone loved Marky. Also, since our venue was a large spacious building, we were very stressed about the acoustics, so we upgraded the speakers package and the quality of the sound was perfect.  If you are looking for cheesy DJ wedding music, Marky is not for you. He is literally the coolist option in the area.

Profile Picture Carmen, 10/5/13, 1 Review
Category: DJ

In our search for a wedding DJ we have a couple of criteria:1. DJ cannot be cheesy2. DJ must be professional and pleasant3. Must have a diverse musical knowledge base, and be familiar with 90's R&B and Hip Hop.Marky not only met these requirements, he surpassed our expectations. We met him for coffee twice, and lunch once, and he’s extremely personable, and patiently answered the 30 or so questions we had for them. We covered everything in our interview, "Who are your musical influences?" "What happens if it rains during our ceremony?” "What's the best way to keep the crowd on the dance floor?" etc.He has worked with us through a couple of problems we have faced in planning our wedding, and has gone above and beyond to make sure we had a great experience.I have talked to several DJ companies in the Greenville, and I can say, without hesitation, that Marky Munro dj company is BY FAR, your best best if you are looking for professional DJ's who are not cheesy.

Profile Picture Marcela, 9/28/13, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I chose Marky Munro for our wedding because I was familiar with him through a friends wedding in Charleston. He’s a real DJ, not someone who creates an iTunes list. I was not disappointed at all. I have always been a big music fan. The husband not so much. So this was very much my task. The whole process was completely professional from the start. We picked DJ Marky because of his musical choices and mixing ability. He was fantastic. He was very patient when I gave him my incredibly long list of music that I thought the guests would like (only a few must plays), and he did a great job reading the crowd and picking the right music at the right time. My more music-obsessed friends all told me he was great and I couldn't agree more. If you appreciate a DJ with vast musical taste and top notch mixing/beat-matching skills I highly recommend Marky.

Profile Picture Cari, 9/21/13, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Marky was awesome. The tone for the night was set from the very first dance and the floor stayed full the entire time from there on... Unheard of! Comments and compliments about his song selections came rolling in immediately after the reception ended and have not stopped. It's pretty tough to get a diverse crowd of ages and cultures dancing together to music they don't typically enjoy, but there was absolutely no barrier on the dance floor. It was amazing!I've worked with Marky in the past on different events, so I was familiar with the process to begin with, but Marky was an absolute fit for the vibe we were seeking and he provided it and more... not to mention, some of the single ladies later asked about him..

Profile Picture User4286320, 2+ years ago, 1 Review