Mark Ingram Atelier Reviews

55 | New York, NY

55 Reviews for Mark Ingram Atelier

• Jill

Jill Lerman · Married on 03/16/2019

Tammy, Mark, and the whole Mark Ingram team were amazing!

Mark Ingram Atelier was one of the first stores I shopped in while looking for a wedding gown, and it really set the tone for what a gown shopping experience should be. I was paired with Tammy, whose energy is infectious. She immediately understood my style and what would best flatter my body, and pretty much every single gown I tried on could've worked. We couldn't believe how great the selection was! Even Mark himself came in and introduced himself and was lovely to us. I didn't feel comfortable buying a dress on my first day shopping, but as I visited a few other stores, my shopping experience was just not even close to comparable to my one at Mark Ingram. I returned for a second time during an Adam Zohar trunk show and Tammy encouraged me to try a gown I was unsure about on the hanger. But once I tried it on, we knew it was my dress! Mark and the entire staff made me feel so confident and beautiful-- Mark even called the designer in Israel to show him!! I felt so special. When my mom, sister, and I all started crying, Tammy began to cry too! This just shows how invested she is in her clients. When it came time for my fittings, Debra was unbelievable. She was extremely helpful when showing my sister how to bustle the dress. I just had my wedding on Saturday and got so many compliments about how unique the gown was. Mark has fantastic taste, the collection he curates is really outstanding, and he often discovers new talents. If you are looking for a wonderful shopping experience, helpful, kind, and honest consultants, and a selection of gowns that are truly special and different, then Mark Ingram Atelier is the place for you!

Sent on 03/20/2019

Kate · Married on 11/11/2017

I worked with Ayana at Mark Ingram and I was SO thrilled with her level of service and taste. I came to my first appointment with just one other guest, and some images of dresses from designers I knew they had in store. She pulled six right away and we fell in love with dress three. It couldn't have been an easier process. All of my fit appointments were confirmed via email a few days before, and I emailed with Ayana a few times intermittently as well. Everything worked out perfectly, and I LOVED my dress.

Sent on 12/02/2017
  • KRISTY

KRISTY · Married on 02/18/2017

Ayana was amazing! She had so much energy even though I was the last appointment of the day. We traveled from Vancouver, Canada to purchase my dress at Mark Ingram after visiting many dress stores and trying on a ton of gowns. Ayana was super efficient and not pushy at all! I found my dream dress, and can't wait to go back for alterations as I know I will be in good hands :)

Sent on 03/15/2016

Jenna · Married on 10/30/2016

Mark Ingram, Eva and Alene were an absolute pleasure to work with. They were so sweet, welcoming and accommodating. Working with Alene to select my dress at my initial appointment was such a great experience, she is so kind and made the dress experience comfortable and filled with so much joy. They are experts in the designers they carry and their alterations are perfection.

Sent on 11/20/2016

Rebecca · Married on 10/22/2016

Mark Ingram is THE place to buy your dress in NYC, and I'm happy to recommend their stylist, Indira, as THE bridal consultant to see. Truth be told, I knew the dress I wanted before I ever tried anything on, but wanted to do my due diligence to the process. Indira provided so many beautiful suggestions, and I happily tried them all on. THEN, she tracked down the 2012 Jenny Packham style I was in love with and had it shipped over from England (since, being an older style, they didn't keep a sample in stock) in both the champagne and ivory colors it comes in. While there were a few close seconds from Indira's rounds of suggestions, the Jenny Packham style I'd had my eye on won out - I was so thankful to her for finding it and making my dream dress happen.

Sent on 12/27/2016

Anna · Married on 10/15/2016

I got my Mira Zwillinger from here and worked with Marah. I loved that the salon is relatively small and intimate. I imagine walking into a one of the big stores with racks and racks of dresses would be a different experience, but that certainly was not the case here. First of all, Mark Ingram is the only place in the city where you can get a dress by some of the designers they carry (i.e. inbal dror, mira zwillinger <-- both gorgeous and worth going for alone). Everyone that works there is extremely knowledgeable. They also make sure that you are paired with the same consultant every time you visit. Marah was incredible. She made me feel so comfortable, was extremely patient, and helped me think through my options without making me feel pressured. Recommendation: Come prepared. Know which designers they carry and get familiar with their dresses (save pictures, etc). This will allow you to make the most of your appointment time. If you become dead set on a particular designer and have a flexible schedule, find out when the trunk show is and make an appointment. I was under a bit of a time crunch and had to order a dress during my second appointment, which I did. After sleeping on it, I realized that i made the wrong choice. I emailed Marah (who was on vacation with her family) in a panic asking if there was anything i could do. She quickly contacted Mark and because my deposit didn't go out to the designer yet, i was able to change the order. I came in a few days later and got fitted for the dress I should've picked. Lastly, the alterations were perfect. I could not believe what the seamstress was able to do with such delicate material. The dress fit me perfectly! If your budget allows for it, I strongly strongly recommend going here.

Sent on 12/29/2016

Carolyn · Married on 10/09/2016

Any time anyone gets engaged, I insist that they HAVE to go to Mark Ingram for their wedding dress. I went to a few other bridal salons during my search, and Mark Ingram blows them all out of the water. I work in fashion and wanted something a little different and unexpected, yet classic, and Mark Ingram was the only place I went where I felt the dresses were truly unique works of art. They carry a curated selection of high fashion gowns that cannot be found elsewhere, without being incredibly overwhelming and exhausting. My bridal consultant, Anju, asked me about my personal style and the vibe of my wedding, and somehow brought me the perfect wedding on her first try. It was like nothing I could have imagined, and yet she was able to grasp my style and what I was looking for and find me the ideal dress. She was like a fairy godmother! Once the dress came in, Anju and my seamstress, Maggie, worked tirelessly to ensure that the dress fit like a glove. They picked up on tiny imperfections that I didn't even notice and would not stop until the dress fit perfectly. I have never felt more beautiful than I did on my wedding day, and I 100% owe it to Anju, Maggie, and the team at Mark Ingram for making me feel like a princess.

Sent on 10/26/2016

Stacey · Married on 05/29/2016

This is a high-end boutique, but it didn't feel out of my league. If their prices are within your budget, it's worth a look. They carry some amazing well-known designers' dresses and the woman helping me was super knowledgable and understood both what I was telling her and what would look good on my body.

Sent on 09/01/2015

Ayana is a DREAM. Mark and his entire staff saved me from a wedding gown nightmare. I had ordered a gown from another atelier that came in wrong and had to find a gown just 5 months before my wedding. Ayana found it for me in 10 mins. Not only that, Mark absorbed the rush fees. I wanted to re-design the neckline so we ordered extra fabric. The ladies who work in the alterations department are seriously unreal. I had 4 fittings as I was nervous about the changes. Each time, they were so attentive and they never rushed me. They took their time and made me feel special and beautiful. Lovely people. High end and you feel like you're in a couture bridal shop. LOVE THEM!

Sent on 04/17/2016

Melanie · Married on 03/12/2016

First class service. Marah, my sales person was so helpful. She brought me dresses she knew would look good on me and I felt so special. I loved my Mira Zwillinger dress and wish I could wear it every day.

Sent on 05/08/2016

Rebecca · Married on 10/10/2015

I purchased a beautiful Inbal Dror gown I had been eyeing from their runway show during a trunk show. Even though they are the only ones to carry Inbal Dror in NYC, I am so glad I worked with them. Alene was my stylist and was great to work with. Bearnice did my alterations and I cannot thank her enough. The work she did with my dress to completely remove my train after the ceremony was incredible. Everyone was in awe of my dress and it was exactly how I envisioned it!

Sent on 12/03/2015

Susana · Married on 09/19/2015

I was looking for an Inbal Dror gown, and thankfully that led me to Mark Ingram Atelier. Everything about Mark Ingram Atelier was perfect. The service, the consultants, the alterations, EVERYTHING. Ayana, my consultant, was a pleasure to work with and extremely helpful. The alterations were amazing. And Mark is a sweetheart. You are treated like royalty from start to finish and seriously could not ask for more.

Sent on 10/15/2015

Kristin · Married on 06/26/2015

Ayana at Mark Ingram made the dress shopping process so easy. She listened to what I liked and didn't like, which ultimately lead to finding the dress of my dreams. Thank you!!!

Sent on 08/14/2015

AMY · Married on 04/12/2015

I can't say enough about my experience with Mark Ingram ---- they are off the charts! After visiting a few other bridal salons, the intimate setting was very pleasant right off the bat. Anshu was my consultant and she was amazing!!!! I gave her a rough idea of what I wanted...she heard it...came up with something...and literally found what would be my wedding gown on the first try. It was magical!

Maggie was my seamstress and I was obsessed with her. She got me so excited to be a bride every time I saw her. They were as vested in the dress as I was, making sure every detail was perfect. Even toward the end when I needed a last minute/extra fitting, it was a non-issue.

These women were incredible and I would HIGHLY recommend checking out Mark Ingram when your looking for your wedding dress!

Sent on 04/30/2015

The staff at Mark Ingram is great. I had a couple of tear sheets with me that were older and they went into the back to find the dresses I had pulled. Everything from start to finish was great. We were treated wonderfully. It was small and intimate and didn't feel like a dress mill. Everyone from the dress consultant to the alterations team were amazing to work with.

Sent on 07/14/2015

Indira at Mark Ingram is the most amazing salesperson and person, in general. She has beautiful taste and so much patience (key when it comes to weddings, believe me!). I wanted a dress I hadn't seen before - trust me, an almost impossible task. She found a brand new designer and helped to execute a custom, beautiful and perfect dress. Further, Debbie, the seamstress, is amazingly talented and made my vision a reality. They also helped procure a dress for my rehearsal dinner that had never been made in the color I requested, but they made it happen!!! I loved this process and recommend them to everyone.

Sent on 01/26/2015

Everyone at Mark Ingram really loves what they do and it shows in the care they have for the bride and what she wants. They are fantastic about helping you find the perfect dress and they aren't happy until the bride is, which is very relieving during the stress of finding the perfect dress.

Sent on 04/22/2014

Andrea · Married on 05/17/2014

The entire staff at MIA is amazing! They really made me feel special when I was searching for a dress and helped me find the perfect one! I worked with Indira who was lovely and treated me and my family with kindness! Debbie altered my dress to perfection! She was wonderful to work with and listened to me when I gave her feedback on how I wanted the dress to look. She made sure it was the way I imagined. My dress was stunning and it really made the day even more special than I could have imagined. Thank you to everyone at MIA!

Sent on 08/08/2014
  • User4197170 · 2+ years ago

The salon itself is lovely-nice changing/staging areas to try on dresses that can accommodate a few people in them, and very professional staff. I worked with Indira and she was absolutely amazing. Her upbeat personality and eye for design helped me to create the dress of my dreams. Overall amazing experience!

Sent on 01/20/2015

Joyce · Married on 05/17/2014

Selecting my daughter's wedding gown was a highlight in planning her wedding and Indira at Mark Ingram made the whole process so enjoyable. I have never seen my daughter so happy. I highly recommend this vendor and Indira in particular. Everyone we came in contact with could not have been nicer.

Sent on 06/29/2015

Karen · Married on 03/08/2014

I loved my inbal dror dress and the entire team at mark Ingram were amazing.
    Eva and Bernice are wizards at tailoring. And although Inbal had a couple of glitches the ladies made it perfect.

Sent on 03/15/2014
  • User3195277 · 2+ years ago

Beautiful gowns, wonderful people to work with, great seamstress...the perfect place to get your bridal gown

Sent on 08/06/2013

Bonnie · Married on 06/01/2013

I think I visited every bridal store in NYC and DC and Mark Ingram has hands down the best selection and service! My gown was absolutely gorgeous. They have something for every bride there. While prices tend to be a bit higher here, the value is there. The dresses are impeccable, and you will get the sales staff member's undivided attention throughout the entire process from consultation to wedding day. Definitely add them to your list of shops to check out! You won't regret it.

Sent on 10/25/2013

Erica · Married on 11/10/2012

Marah and the entire Mark Ingram team were a dream to work with!!! I went there for my first wedding appointment 2 weeks after my engagement and bought the first dress I tried on!! The staff is so friendly. The alterations process was easy and painless!!! I got married in Florida and they shipped my dress and vail for me. The items arrived in a box packaged perfectly and without a wrinkle!! It was an incredible experience!!!

Sent on 12/25/2012

Gorgeous dresses and amazing service!

Sent on 07/17/2012