Mark Fierst Photography Reviews

Mark Fierst Photography 5
Mark Fierst Photography 6
Mark Fierst Photography 7

Gail Kohlmann · Married on 07/09/2019

Gorgeous pictures and lots of energy!

Mark was with us from the beginning of the day to the end. He took great pictures, he is full of energy getting around the entire wedding prep, ceremony, poised pictures to the reception.

Sent on 07/09/2019

Megan · Married on 02/09/2019

Amazing Photographer!

From the moment we looked at his portfolio, we knew Mark was the photographer for us! He listened to what we wanted and took notes about the shots we specifically requested. He was very prompt and professional, and helped keep the timeline going and the pressure off of us throughout the big day. He got our pictures back to us and we are over the moon, there are so many great photos to choose from! We couldn’t be happier with how everything, from start to finish, turned out. Thanks Mark!

Sent on 04/04/2019

Megan,

Thank you so much for the kind words! Working with you and Andrew was so much fun! I'm glad that I was able to be a part of making your day so special :)
  • Carly

Carly · Married on 09/15/2018

Amazing. Experienced. Creative.

Through a recommendation we found Mark. We couldn't be happier. He is nothing short of amazing. During our initial meeting with him, we both liked him right away. He was extremely laid back and met us at our favorite brewery, which was not a short trip for him. During our engagement and wedding photos, he was extremely flexible, relaxed and a person ... Not a shell just pointing a camera your way. Mark, you made every step of our engagement and wedding day process so easy! We wish you all the success and happiness in your future!!!

Sent on 11/29/2018

Mark Fierst Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Carly! Photographing amazing people is my #1 favorite part of the job, visiting new breweries is my #2 :)

I'm so glad that I was able to be a calming force for you through the whole wedding process. All the best to you and Adam!

Perle Zhitnitskiy · Married on 08/25/2018

Best hire of our wedding!!!

Hiring Mark was the best decision we made for our wedding. Pictures are what we are left with once the day is over and we love every single one of them. Mark is extremely professional and easy to work with. He responded quickly to our inquiries. He made both my husband and my mother feel comfortable in front of the camera and that was no small task! Mark has a true artistic eye and he plays expertly with the light and the environment, which made our pictures unique and poetic. He sent us our pictures in a beautifully designed package, once again proof of his professionalism. I wholeheartedly recommend Mark and will not hesitate to hire him again in the future.

Sent on 10/20/2018

Tiana P · Married on 03/21/2018

We love Mark Fierst Photography!

Mark was amazing to work with! My husband and I had a short engagement and both lived outside of Minnesota in separate states during the time that we were planning our wedding, but Mark was beyond flexible to accommodate our schedules, very responsive in communications, and attentive to our vision for what we were hoping for in our photos. On the wedding day, he was not only a professional and skilled photographer, but also kept us on-time during the day and again proved flexible in adapting to some big last-minute changes in our day-of schedule. Thank you Mark!

Sent on 01/09/2019

Danielle · Married on 01/06/2018

Mark was amazing to work with! We had a small wedding with only two months of planning time. He emailed back promptly and was very flexible. Our wedding was in a Victorian style inn with low lighting and the photos still turned out amazing! He was even willing to venture out into the woods in 16 degree weather! I have a difficult family situation and he handled it with no problem. I would absolutely recommend!

Sent on 01/16/2018

Mark Fierst Photography's reply:

Danielle, Thank you for the kind words! I'm so glad that our paths were able to cross and I was able to be a part of your big day! -Mark
  • F

Faith · Married on 12/16/2017

I saw Mark's work at a wedding fair and I looked no further for a photographer. Mark did our engagement and wedding photos and they turned out beautifully. His photography is unique and creative, like nothing I had seen while searching for a photographer. He is great at catching the candid moments of the day and pays close attention to the small details that go into planning a wedding. It was also important to have the traditional photos as a couple, with the wedding party and family. He gave us a great mix of both candid and traditional photos which was exactly what we were hoping for. We met with Mark before the wedding and discussed a timeline for the photos. He had great suggestions on different places to take photos in the area and even directed the bus around the cities to the exact spots which was so helpful!! Even with a large wedding party he kept everyone engaged and focused on the photos. He is professional and incredible at what he does. The entire experience was great and the photos are even better! Thank you for capturing our special day!

Sent on 01/03/2018

Mackenzie · Married on 11/18/2017

Mark was amazing!!! So easy to work with and we LOVE our photos. Mark did both our engagement and wedding photos. We was extremely responsive. You can't go wrong working with Mark. He is fantastic!

Sent on 12/01/2017
    Mark Fierst Photography 8
    Mark Fierst Photography 9
    Mark Fierst Photography 10

David · Married on 11/11/2017

Mark and Matt did so much more than just a regular wedding photography studio would. They captured real, genuine moments that would have easily been overlooked by other photographers. They also made the wedding party feel very comfortable.

Sent on 12/04/2017

Mark Fierst Photography's reply:

Thanks David! It was great to work with you and Mary Jane and find ways to capture your unique personalities! I'm glad we could capture all the little details that mattered to you!

Taryn · Married on 09/30/2017

Mark was absolutely amazing to work with! He was so well organized and even had the scheduled for the day on his Apple watch, at one point we fell behind and he got us caught back up. He was professional and was great with giving us direction (we needed it). One thing that was a must for me was being able to tell people "family" to back off during pictures and he was completely comfortable with that. I also loved that he was very engaging with our wedding party they all had such a great time with him and made a lot of jokes. Not only did Mark take absolutely stunning pictures (the kind you would see in a magazine) but he also was able to capture the laughter and personalities of everyone and that was the most amazing thing looking back at our pictures. I would recommend him to anyone he was absolutely the best!

Sent on 11/13/2017

Mark Fierst Photography's reply:

Taryn, Thank you so much! I had so much fun working with you and Cory throughout this whole process! You are such genuine people and it really shows.

Lissa · Married on 09/23/2017

Mark was absolutely amazing! Meetings with him were relaxed and enjoyable (not exactly the words I'd use for other wedding planning). He made my husband and I feel confident that our day would go smoothly. And it did! Which I attribute to Mark keeping to our timeline. He helped with our timeline and details we hadn't thought of. Mark even keep us hydrated! Plus he worked within our buget. Our pictures are so amazing! Thank you thank you thank you Mark!

Sent on 11/10/2017

Mark Fierst Photography's reply:

Lissa, Thank you for the kind words! It was so great to work with you and Kyle and capture all of the candid moments and all the emotions of the day!

Travis · Married on 09/16/2017

Mark was wonderful to work with! He was always available and very flexible when it comes to timing and being available for engagement photos! Mark was a great asset to our wedding day and helped make it the best day ever. I would recommend Mark to anyone who is lookin for the perfect photographer!

Sent on 12/19/2017

Carli · Married on 09/16/2017

Mark was wonderful! We decided to go with him when he said “I don’t just take photos, I tell your story ”. He is so easy to work with and truly loves what he does! He made us feel at ease and our personalities really showed in the photos. He is very organized and seems to have it all together when the bride doesn’t! His turn around time on photos is fantastic! My husband and I are in love with our pictures! We’d recommend him to everyone!

Sent on 12/20/2017
    Mark Fierst Photography 11
    Mark Fierst Photography 12
    Mark Fierst Photography 13

Chris · Married on 09/15/2017

I cannot rave about Mark enough. Almost a year after our wedding, I look back on our wedding pictures and they look better than when we first got them. I feel like I'm reliving each individual moment every time I look at one of his pictures. Also, worked incredibly well with our various vendors to make sure everyone got their shots and still got the ones he needed. Absolutely incredible experience.

Sent on 06/29/2018

Erin · Married on 09/03/2017

We LOVED working with Mark! One of the greatest challenges of having an out of state wedding is working with vendors over the phone and rarely getting to meet before the big day (if at all), but Mark made the whole process seamless, and we had complete peace of mind through the whole journey when working with him. Mark was easy to reach, and we have multiple skype meetings leading up to the wedding. He was very professional, but equally friendly, and made even our camera shy friends feel relaxed throughout the wedding day. I don't believe I have seen anyone move quiet as fast as Mark and his team, as I watched them literally running from point to point to make sure we achieved all the "wishlist" pictures + more. We couldn't be more happy with the turn out of our pictures, and I haven't stopped thanking Mark since! Thanks Mark!

Sent on 10/31/2017
    Mark Fierst Photography 14
    Mark Fierst Photography 15
    Mark Fierst Photography 16

Mark Fierst Photography's reply:

Thank you Erin! Such kind words! I was truly blessed that you found me from so far away. You and Zak are a picture perfect couple; but even more than that, you are clearly a couple perfect for each other!

A · Married on 08/26/2017

We were so happy working with Mark and the photos of our wedding. We asked Mark to focus on getting candid shots of people reacting and he delivered in such a huge way. We are totally in love with all the photos Mark took and there are probably 2 dozen that will be family heirlooms. We cannot recommend Mark enough - he is responsive, collaborative, and thoughtful. It was an incredible experience and we will recommend him to all of our friends and family.

Thanks again Mark!

Sent on 09/27/2017

Alyssa · Married on 08/19/2017

This review is long over due, but is so necessary because there are so many wonderful things to say about Mark! As my husband and I are coming up on our one year anniversary and I'm taking a scroll through our wedding pictures, I can't help but be so thankful for Mark and all that he did. Not only are our pictures wonderful, but he went above and beyond to work with the other vendors we had to ensure we were staying on our timeline and to ensure we got all the pictures we had asked for. On top of his professionalism, my husband and I both connected and felt comfortable with Mark, which is extremely important when picking a wedding photographer! A wedding photographer was one of our top priorities when it came to our wedding budget, and Mark exceeded our every expectation! Thank you for everything again, Mark!

Sent on 07/26/2018

Mari · Married on 07/15/2017

I can't say enough good things about Mark Fierst Photography! I had the pleasure of meeting Mark 5 years ago when he took my senior photos, and didn't look elsewhere before asking him to be my wedding photographer. Mark is wonderful at making even the most camera-shy among us feel at ease while shooting, and it shows! On our wedding day, Mark was a rock star. He was flexible taking getting ready shots of the bridesmaids and he had great ideas for getting us out of the elements for our wedding party photos. Mark went above and beyond with his organization, calm and friendly demeanor, attentiveness to the families, bride & groom, and of course wonderful memories. Thank you so much, Mark, for all of your hard work on such a hot day!

Sent on 08/23/2017

Mark Fierst Photography's reply:

Mari, thank you so much for your kind words! It was definitely my pleasure to work with you and Trevor, you are definitely one of the most genuine and mature couples I have ever worked with!

Valerie · Married on 06/10/2017

Mark did an excellent job! He created/printed our wedding album too and it is beautiful! :)

Sent on 12/20/2017

Megan · Married on 05/27/2017

Mark went above and beyond. He made us feel so comfortable and listened to what we wanted. He is fun and easy going. I can't say enough good things about him.

Sent on 07/17/2017

Cari · Married on 03/11/2017

I had the pleasure of being a bridesmaid at two weddings where Mark was at the helm. After those weddings, I knew I had to have him as my wedding photographer. I was looking for a photographer that would take command since we had 20 people in our bridal party, and we both had large families. We needed to entrust someone to organize large groups of people. Not only did Mark do a fabulous job with capturing the special moments of our wedding, he is also an amazing person who I was lucky to call friend after our big day. I would recommend Mark to anyone who is looking for high-quality photography and a stress-free wedding day photography experience.

Sent on 04/24/2017

Mark Fierst Photography's reply:

Thanks Cari! So happy to work with you 3x's, and now able to call you friend. I had so much fun at your wedding. You and Trey are the best!

Becky · Married on 12/03/2016

I honestly cannot say enough good things about Mark! He by far was the easiest person we hired for our wedding, and also was the most professional, detailed, flexible, enjoyable and most talented! His photographs are absolutely amazing and he has such unique ideas, but is always asking about specific shots you'd like. Who we hired for our photographer was the area I put most of my time in to, because photographs are most important to me. Mark exceeded our expectations not only in his talent, but in who he is as a person and how genuine he is. We've already started recommending him to our friends :)

Sent on 12/10/2016

Shayne · Married on 09/18/2016

Mark is such a gifted photographer! He made our day so special with all the beautiful photographs he has gifted us with! His service was exceptional- very timely on his responses. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 11/28/2016

Juliana · Married on 09/10/2016

We had an absolutely wonderful experience with Mark for our September 10th wedding! Our pictures turned out so perfect and Mark made the experience very fun. All of the "awkward" posing wasn't awkward at all! 5/5 would recommend to anyone looking for an amazing photographer for both engagement and wedding photos!

Sent on 11/26/2016

Mark Fierst Photography's reply:

Thanks Juliana! You and Alex were great and not awkward at all! Just had to capture you being you. And who can't be happy on the best day ever!

Megan · Married on 09/04/2016

Mark is truly TOP NOTCH! Of all the wedding vendors we worked with, his quality, attention to detail, patience, and professionalism was OUTSTANDING! Mark followed through on everything he committed to, especially with holding my husband and I accountable to deadlines and helping with the planning and logistics of everything that happens with photos on your wedding day! Mark did an awesome job with editing the photos and everything turned out AMAZING!

Sent on 12/06/2016