Mark Davidson Photographer Reviews

45 Reviews for Mark Davidson Photographer

1 User photo

Mark Davidson Photographer 1

Katie · Married on 11/04/2017

Mark was an awesome photographer to work with. He did a great job photographing our respective days getting ready, being both present and in the background.
    We both really enjoyed having him during the ceremony and reception, and were sad to see him leave at the end of the night. Our parents keep commenting on how great he was (three months after the wedding!)
    All of our photographs came out beautifully - it was hard to just pick a few to print. We found him from a friend's referral, and we will continue referring him.

Mark Davidson Photographer 2

Jade · Married on 08/05/2017

We loved working with Mark for our wedding. He was able to capture the day with wonderful images and get them back to us extremely quickly. He got all the important moments without being obtrusive. He was communicative and we were able to capture the pictures that were important to us without taking to much time from our guests. I would absolutely recommend working with him. I can't wait to hang some pictures on our wall.

Kathleen · Married on 07/02/2017

I could not be happier with not just the pictures, but the moments Mark was able to capture. The pure joy, the candidness, the emotion that he was able to grab is beyond talented. I am forever grateful for his work, it speaks for itself but I had to write a RAVING review on his behalf. He will be documenting my sister-in-law's wedding next year and I can't wait to see those pictures. Thank you so much Mark! You are truly amazing!!

Kathleen & Mike Flanagan

jessica · Married on 12/03/2016

We had a really great experience with Mark. I personally just wanted a photographer that would capture the wedding without having to direct him too much so I could enjoy the day. I didn't have any specific shots in mind and he was really great taking initiative and knowing exactly what to shoot. We had booked him for 8 hours and at the wedding we wanted to extend his services a little later so he could capture some more key moments and he had no problem accommodating us. I would reccommend him to anyone!

Bob · Married on 10/08/2016

My wife and I hired Mark to photograph our farm-ish wedding (Groton MA, Oct 2016) and he did a fantastic job! We skipped a bunch of the traditional wedding stuff but we wanted to make sure that we didn’t skimp on photography and we couldn’t have been happier with our choice.

Our ceremony and reception were intimate (~20 people) and he really captured the joy and closeness of the guests. He also had an excellent eye for landscape and found ways to incorporate us into it strikingly. Mark is omnipresent and unobtrusive, even in a group of 20.

Bottom line: if you’re considering Mark, make the move! We can’t recommend him highly enough.

Rachel · Married on 12/12/2015

The moment we met with Mark we knew he would capture every special moment of our wedding day! We just got our photos and I am not surprised at how amazing they are. From family photos, to quick glances between my husband and I, and candid's on the dance floor - everything was captured perfectly. His creativity shines in every photo, all which look like they belong in a magazine.

We also rented the photo booth, which is a must! The quality of the photos were top notch and some very funny moments were captured. Thank you, Mark! We will cherish these photos forever!

Samantha · Married on 10/24/2015

Mark photographed with our wedding and gave us back a beautiful collection of photos just a few weeks later! We absolutely loved how they came out and when we weren't formally posing for our group or solo shots, you would never even know he was there! He doesn't get in the way of the action and just lets the day unfold while capturing it perfectly. We got so many great candid shots and photos of our friends and family having fun on the dance floor and we are so glad we hired him!

Jillian · Married on 09/26/2015

Mark was such a pleasure to work with and is extremely talented. He came to us highly recommended and we can totally understand why. We got married on cape cod and He arrived early to scope out the scene and find where some of the best spots for photos would be. He spent the morning with us, but he remained mostly in the background working to document some of the excitement, nerves , laughter and tears before the ceremony. He then went on to take hundreds of incredible photos of the day and evening which allow us to relive the experience everytime we look at them. He does a tremendous job of capturing moments and emotion, all while remaining 'behind the scenes.' His photos tell a story in such a beautiful way. Couldn't have asked for a better photographer to capture our day.

Stef · Married on 09/18/2015

Mark is amazing. He was very flexible and professional before our event and even more so the day of. His photographs are absolutely incredible and I get compliments daily on my wedding photos. He is extremely dedicated and talented. He does whatever it takes to get the perfect shot- he was even running through and laying down in tall grassy marsh area to get a sunset shot for us.

Stef · Married on 09/18/2015

Mark was amazing! I could not be more please with how my wedding photos came out! He is a pleasure to work with and he captured so many amazing memories for us. Some of my favorites were the candid shots of our guests. Mark does whatever he has to to get the shot, he even was crouching down in tall grass/marsh area to get a shot of us during sunset with the marina in the background.

Alison · Married on 08/29/2015

Mark was increadibly helpful and easy going beginning with our initial consultation through to receiving our photos. We were able to work through what we wanted to get out of his services beforehand (his experience and suggestions were extremely helpful) and he was able to do it all! Mark was able to go with the flow and it was great to have one less vendor to manage during such a busy day. We barely noticed him, but he was also there whenever we had a request, and he managed to catch photos of everything. All of our photos are gorgeous and capture the day like we remember it happening. The investment was much lower than costs or many other photographers we spoke with and the quality of what we received was beyond what we could have expected.

emily · Married on 08/08/2015

Mark photographed my wedding and was absolutely wonderful! He was easy going and made us feel comfortable- as we might be the most awkward couple in front of a camera ever! We even asked Mark to stay an hour later at our wedding and without hesitation he complied. Would highly recommend- loved his style!

Mark photographed our wedding at the Barn at Gibbet Hill and the photos came out amazing! Mark was easy to work with, professional, punctual, and well organized. We planned out all of the family photos we wanted in advance which allowed us to complete them in less than 15 minutes. We also loved having rights to our photos which allowed us to create a custom wedding album on our own. We would highly recommend Mark!

Mark was awesome- so professional and friendly. He took amazing photos!

Sloane · Married on 10/18/2014

Mark Davidson did a wonderful job at our wedding. We had a small ceremony and tried to keep everything sentimental and traditional (I wore my mother's wedding dress, we had the ceremony in the same church that my parents got married in, my husband's father officiated our ceremony, we had the reception in my grandparent's beach home, etc.). Mark captured all of the sweet and sincere moments of our wedding beautifully! His unique and creative photojournalism style revealed how truly happy we felt that day amongst all of our family and close friends. We couldn't have asked for better photos of our special day. Even when you try to keep your wedding small and simple, there's always elements that come up on the wedding day that can potentially stress you out a little as a bride. Mark's patience and courtesy successfully alleviated any stress I felt regarding scheduling and details on my wedding day. Mark's professionalism and skill resulted in the perfect wedding photos, memories that we'll always treasure, and we feel so blessed to have these loving moments preserved in our wedding photos so we can remember our special day forever.

Steven · Married on 08/17/2014

Mark Davidson did an incredible job photographing our wedding. His photos all look like they belong in a wedding magazine and we couldn't be happier with the results. We were drawn to the way his style seems to capture all of the little candid moments of the day and we were so pleased that at our wedding, he truly captured all of the emotions and feelings of the day, from the formal photos to the little glances between my wife and me. We feel so fortunate to have these moments forever captured in our photos and are so thankful to Mark for his work. He made everything so easy for us, got us through the formal photos efficiently and allowed us as much time as possible to spend on less formal photos as a couple, or with our guests. He has an amazing eye for using the surroundings to take creative and unique photos, and was always more than accommodating with any requests we had. I'd HIGHLY recommend Mark Davidson, as his talent, his photos, and value are second to none!

After considering many photographers, we chose Mark because of his photojournalism-like approach, his skill with natural light, and his low cost (his services were thousands of dollars less than others with a similar style). I barely noticed him on our wedding day (and many others commented on how unobtrusive he was) and yet he captured every single moment more beautifully than I ever could have hoped. The photos exceeded my very high expectations.

• User4207485 · 2+ years ago

Mark photographed our wedding on May 24, 2014. He was fun to work with and easy going. He caught the whole day just as it happened, each candid better than the last. He took some traditional "posed shots" that I specifically requested, and with a large group that spent an hour in a party bus prior to the photos, I imagine that was a challenge, but even those turned out wonderfully. My family and friends were equally impressed with the shots he got, and I have already had many soon to be brides asking for his name :) Thanks to Mark, the best day of my life is well documented in truly beautiful photos!

Brian · Married on 05/03/2014

My wife and I feel so fortunate to have had Mark Davidson photograph our wedding. From our initial consultation through the event itself Mark was by far our easiest and most professional vendor to work with. We loved being able to do everything from execute the contract to arrange payment via his website - it made things very easy for us and created one less thing to mail out.

On the day he was on time, worked to make sure we got all of the portraits we requested and took some amazing candid photos. As we reviewed the photos over and over we were amazed that he had managed to be there for so many moments on a very busy day.

After the wedding we were thrilled with the turnaround time to receive our photos. Mark was even faster than he'd estimated and it was fun to receive them while the wedding still felt recent.

I would enthusiastically recommend Mark Davidson to anyone - he really made us feel like he cared about our wedding and we love the photos from our wedding.

Christin · Married on 09/14/2013

Mark Davidson and his team were amazing. I don't think we could have asked for better photographers. The images they captured were absolutely stunning. I was very impressed with the mix of traditional wedding photography and very creative, unique shots. He even made us a short video of the day that made everyone in my family cry. It was beautiful. My brother is a professional photographer and even he was impressed with Mark's work. I would 100% recommend Mark Davidson!

Christina · Married on 08/04/2013

Mark Davidson is amazing. Our wedding photos turned out beautifully and we have him to thank for being such a talented photographer. He was responsive and always available as we were getting ready for our big day. My wedding party and our guests commented that he was discrete and unobtrusive, but managed to capture all the important moments of us getting ready, our ceremony, our first dance, the touching speeches delivered by our family as well our reactions to them. For our family portraits he worked quickly and efficiently and got through a number of pictures so people did not get bored or distracted.

During cocktail hour, my husband and I took our first pictures, and he captured a number of stunning photos. It was hard to choose which ones we should frame! Everyone has complimented us on our wedding albums and agree that he was overall really great. I would highly recommend Mark Davidson for your New England wedding!

Chelsea · Married on 08/02/2013

My husband and I got married in August at The Four Seasons in downtown Boston. Mark Davidson did a fantastic job photographing our wedding. My husband is a journalist and we were drawn to Marks photos for his "real and "in the moment" like photos. We felt very comfortable with Mark and we liked that he was never in our faces with his camera. We really liked how Mark was able to meet with us before the wedding to come up with a game plan for pictures we wanted in The Public Garden before our wedding. We had a perfect day and have many wonderful photos thanks to Mark. Mark is very professional, easy to talk to and a true artist. We would highly recommend him!

Laura · Married on 05/11/2013

Mark Davidson was our wedding photographer. He came highly recommended from wedding blogs and magazines throughout New England, and he performed true to those reviews. He was worth his weight in gold! He was easy to work with, kind, caring, creative, and genuinely a great photographer. My husband and I were thrilled to have him at our wedding because he felt like a friend even after only meeting once before. He captured our day so beautifully that I am moved with emotion each time I look at the photos. I would use him for any event I would need in the future and I have recommended him to countless friends. It is hard to find such great people with great talent. My husband and I LOVE Mark Davidson, he was truly an added blessing to our day!

Ryan · Married on 10/17/2010

I can't imagine any photographer being any better. Mark is at the top of this field, and if you are lucky enough to be able to book him, dont think about it, just do it! He is an absolute joy to work with, and can adapt to whatever style you are looking for; or his own style is fantastic too! The pictures are what you would expect to see in a magazine! You never expect your own pictures to come out that good, but Mark finds a way to make you look amazing! He is always quick to repsond to an email, and he even set up his laptop during the ceremony to show off some of the best pictures! Overall, I really don't know where or how it can get any better!

Joy · Married on 10/16/2010

Mark Davidson is incredibly talented. He is very very easy to work with and made my husband and I feel very comfortable in front of the camera. We never felt like he was in our faces taking pictures. Mark has a knack for blending into the background so you don't realize he is even there. The result is beautiful photographs that capture the emotion of the day.