Mariposa Boutique Reviews

Mariposa Boutique 1
Mariposa Boutique 2
Mariposa Boutique 3

Heather · Married on 05/03/2008

I love this place and cannot say anything bad about it. Illayda, the woman I worked with, was amazing. She went straight to the designer to get a sample of a dress I wanted because they didn't have it in stock. When I got there, I tried it on and knew it was the one. She was so great with the measurements and taking care with my crazy fixes on the dress. She told me not to worry, but how could I not. But when the dress came in, I loved it. She was amazing and I would definitely tell any bride that they will be taken care of when they go to Mariposa.

Sent on 07/24/2009
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 07/12/2019

Tiana and her team are amazing. All together my experience was great. I bought my dress at the bride world expo and I am very happy I found an affordable price. Tiana and the girls helped me make a tough decision and were honest with me from the start. Thanks girls!

Sent on 07/30/2018
  • Nicolle

Nicolle · Married on 09/03/2011

Mariposa is an unassuming bridal boutique, but once you step inside it's like a bridal fashion show! The store has racks and racks of amazing gowns for you to look through, and on the other side there are dressing rooms which are up on a "runway" with tables and chairs below it for your friends and family to watch you try on dresses! If you aren't impressed by the store itself, then wait until you meet their amazing staff. Every person I worked with at Mariposa was beyond upbeat and helpful. It was here that I actually found my favorite gown designer (Watters & Watters) thanks to the staff's expertise in matching me with what I liked, but because it was only the second salon I went to, I felt I had to keep shopping. I had some awful experiences other places, and then ended up finding "THE" dress (by same designer) at a very snooty and expensive salon. I didn't love the service I got at that salon, and knew I'd be paying a premium on my dress just to help pay their expensive rent. I called around and found another salon that was having a Watters trunk show so they were giving discounts. Still thinking about the incredible service I got at Mariposa, I decided to call and see if they'd match the trunk show price - and they did!! I was thrilled because I wanted to give my hard money to people who had really earned it. Not to mention, they didn't even carry the sample of my dress but they ordered it for me anyway, and actually ordered the sample for their salon as well!

I really do love the girls at Mariposa, and can't praise them highly enough. They don't do alterations in house but recommended a great place nearby that did an amazing job for a decent price. The only reason I took a half star off for value is because the alterations place they referred me to doesn't do pressings but Mariposa does, however their prices for that seemed to be rather high. If I hadn't been in such a time crunch I may have shopped around for that a little more, but they did a great job pressing it nonetheless!

Sent on 10/13/2011
  • breleficent

Bre · Married on 05/29/2011

Mariposa was one of the two shops that carried the designer I was looking for within the SoCal area. I called to see if they had the specific dress I was looking for and they did and I made an appointment. When I got there (on time) they were still working with previous appointments so they put me in the back room...which isn't very appealing to the eye. Nonetheless, I loved the dress. The same day my bridesmaids also found their dresses. We ordered/bought the dresses that day.

There was a slight "freak out moment" when they called me a few months later asking if my bridesmaids were ready to order their dresses yet! I told the girl that they already ordered them and should in fact be in any day now. She said she would call back...when she did she apologized for the confusion and that the dresses had already been ordered. It was just a minor oversight on her part I guess.

Overall, the sales associates are very nice and willing to please. I would totally use them again.

Sent on 06/10/2011

Allison · Married on 04/30/2011

I found the dress of my dreams here. The girls who helped me were courteous, patient, cheerful and very helpful. They did not force a decision on me, they helped me in finalizing my decision. I was so pleased with their service and my beautiful dress. It is by Maggie Sotterro and is called Adorae.
    Along with their service, I was referred to great alterations place which is located right across the street from the boutique. Was expensive but the dress fit as though it was made just for measurements exactly. I was completely satisfied. Everything fit jst right and the dress was completed on a timely matter and even before the expected finish date.
    Once alterations were finished I was able to take my dress back to the boutique and have it pressed as part of the dress purchase. It looked awesome and was more amazing than I could have imagined.

Sent on 06/21/2011

Amanda · Married on 08/08/2009

I was extremely pleased with my experience at Mariposa. I made an appointment there and Jessica was wonderful! I must have tried on 30 different dresses that day and I found the dress I loved. It was the first store I went to so I wanted to look around more, but a few days later I decided that I couldn't keep my mind off the dress and my experience there was so good it was worth it to me. They aren't pushy and I didn't feel rushed one bit. I even came with all my bridesmaid and they didn't mind at all. The prices are reasonable too (at least for the Enzoani dress I bought). They have really nice accessories and veils also, so I purchased my accessories there as well. I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 08/31/2009

Tara · Married on 11/11/2007

I purchased a bridemaid dress from Mariposa in March. Then 3 of my friends purchased our wedding dresses from Mariposa, we all agree - Mariposa is the BEST place to get your dress from. Kacey, the owner, is absolutely awesome, she is always there to answer any questions that you have. I purchased by dress 3 sizes too small, Kacey not only encouraged me to lose the weight that I need but also have me some workout tips. She kept me motivated the whole time.

Sent on 11/27/2007

Denise · Married on 03/21/2015

I came to this boutique because it its where my sister in law, mother, and us bridesmaids had previously got our dresses so I knew this was the right place to go. They tend to get extremely busy so like most bridal stores you have to book a few wks in advance. When I got there, although the girls were busy, I was greeted checked in and told my consultant would be right with me. I looked around a little while I waited and saw a dress that I knew I had to try on. It had everything I was looking for. Sweetheart neckline, somewhat form fitting, gorgeous tiered lace, and with white buttons coming down the back. Romantic and elegant. When my consultant came out she was very pleasant to work with. I pointed out the dress and she pulled about 6-7 others with the same style. she was very attentive to what I was looking for and at no time did I feel rushed. After trying them all on and a little back and forth I walked out with the original dress I had selected. It was exactly what i had been looking for. It was perfect and within my budget. I chose to get my bridemaids dresses here as well. I was contacted as the dresses arrived each arriving wks prior to their delivery due date. I will continue to recommend Mariposa Boutique to any future bride.

Sent on 03/26/2015

I absolutely loved my experience here. I visited them 3 times before I committed to buying my gown and they had no problem with that at all. From the moment you walk in, they make you feel so special. I told them by budget was $1,400 and although I tried on gowns that were up to $2k, I was able to find the perfect one for $1,300. I went to about 10 different bridal shops and would definitely recommend every bride to go here at least to check it out.

Sent on 04/25/2014

Overall they were great. They have a nice selection of gowns and I loved dress. The only thing I was a little disappointed from was that they representative told me I can make some alterations to my dress which end up being not impossible.. That said, the Dress was beautiful and I am super happy with the final product.

Sent on 03/28/2014
  • ccasey

Candice · Married on 04/29/2011

I was in search for a veil that looked similar to a 500.00 veil I had fallen in love with at another bridal. I walked into Mariposa without an appointment and helped myself. I wasn't expecting any help because i knew what i was looking for and i just wanted to get in an out and on to the next if I didn't see what I was looking for since there was about 2 months to go before the wedding. I happened to come across the most beautiful veil that was an almost exact replica of the 500.00 veil for half the price. Even though still a little above what I wanted to pay, I decided t go ahead and buy it. I was so happy I did. It was beautiful and arrived in plenty of time. I was very pleased with the sales associates who offered to help even though I didn't have an appointment. The only problem I had was that I wasn't called when my veil came in. I had to call them but then again, maybe i didn't give them enough time to call me because i was so anxious.

Sent on 06/12/2011
  • Valerie

Valerie · Married on 02/20/2011

I first encountered Mariposa Boutique at a bridal show in Redondo Beach. They had racks and racks of dresses out, and were very helpful in letting me try on a big variety of dresses. I must have tried 10-15 dresses in that one shot, with my family ooooh'ing and aaah'ing and pulling dresses from here and there in their excitement. But the sales staff were patient, and accommodating. I decided to try going to their salon, since I didn't find anything in that trip.

That second visit is when I found MY dress. I was actually about 90% sure on a v-neck dress before I asked if they had one in a similar style but strapless (Fiancee's favorite). As soon as I put it on, I loved it. Ordering was easy and the dress came back in the time frame as expected. When I picked up the dress, they let me take my time putting it on and parading around in front of my Mom.

The only downside was that they did not have alteration services in house, but it worked out fine for me, as I was able to find a seamstress closer to where I live. If you want great service and a boutique where they actually allow you to take pictures in the dress (a HUGE plus as any bride knows) I would suggest giving this place a try.

Sent on 03/05/2011

Laura · Married on 09/21/2014

I had such a great experience at Mariposa. After trying on dresses at 4 other salons, I thought I wasn't going to have that "ah-ha" moment with a dress. But with Sandra's help I found the dress of my dreams! And under budget! She was so friendly and helpful, and made sure that me and my small entourage had a memorable experience. I even ordred my bridesmaid's dresses through them and am currently in the process of getting my wedding dress cleaned and preserved. Thanks Sandra!

Sent on 10/14/2014

Elaina · Married on 09/01/2013

My stylist Emily at the Mariposa Boutique was FABULOUS! I felt so comfortable with her, and she knew my style and what looked best on my body type better than I did. The dress was so gorgeous and elaborate, but at a steal of a price! It even arrived two weeks earlier than they quoted me. They are all so professional and made me feel like a complete princess. Finding The Dress and then getting to spin around on a big stage in it made me feel so special, and it's all thanks to Emily and her team.

Sent on 09/19/2013

S · Married on 08/23/2008

After looking for my dream dress and high end boutiques in CA.
    I was giving up and went in by myself to Mariposa Boutique.

I found my dream dress.. there it was.. a beautiful affordable slimming corset dress by Maggie Sottero.

Looked like a $3000 dress but I only got it for $750

thank you!!

Sent on 11/08/2008

Mary · Married on 09/21/2013

I was lucky enough to have Emily help us and she made all the difference! Her patience and ability to quickly understand my needs, fears, anxiety made our first appointment the one that found my dream dress. After we purchased it she stayed in contact through the entire process including when I wanted to come back to try it with my shoes. I honestly wish I had more events to go shopping there because I LOVED my time with her and have already recommended her to other family and friends who are getting married.
    I only down graded the boutique because of other people who worked there - ASK FOR EMILY!

Sent on 10/04/2013
  • Kristina

Kristina · Married on 05/11/2012

I love Mariposa! They have so many dresses to chose from, and staff that will actually be honest! They don't try to push you to buy, and actually told me to go to try on other dresses at other stores if I was unsure in the dresses there. Jessica was the consultant that helped me, and she was amazing. She was always very honest and told me what flattered and what didn't flatter, which I really appreciated. She was always helpful, and got me answers to all the questions I had. I got my wedding dress, and my bridesmaid dresses there. The ONLY reason they didn't get 5.0 is because they don't do alterations there, so I had to find another place to do that for me.

Sent on 05/29/2012

Valerie · Married on 12/18/2011

This was the second place I went to find a wedding dress. I had an AWFUL experience at David Bridal's and was looking not to repeat that experience. With the great reviews for this place, I was excited for my appointment and I was not disappointed. The salon is very cute and small. I didnt feel overwhelmed with the choices but trust me, there is a lot to see here as well. My consultant was awesome! I had no idea what I was looking for and so she found some amazing dresses to try and my third dress was the first one she suggested and it was THE DRESS. It was made for me!! I feel in love completely and didn't try on any other dresses. I paid for my dress that day and it was the best decision!! The staff were all friendly and suggested other vendors like make-up and photographers. Great place!

Sent on 01/10/2012

Collene · Married on 10/01/2011

I purchased my wedding dress at Mariposa. It was simple and stressfree. The first time I went in with my mother, FMIL, FSIL, and my niece. Sandra was my consultant and was so helpful. At the first appointment I was torn between two dresses so I made another appointment to try them on again and decide. I ordered my dress in September 2010. It arrived on time in February. I purchased a Maggie Sottero. The fitting went great! However, when I left with my dress the consultant (not Sandra) never mentioned their recommended alterations person or when I needed to bring the dress back for steaming service so I had to call them back both times. I took my dress back a few days before the wedding for the pressing service and the dress turned out perfect. I would highly recommend Mariposa!

Sent on 10/17/2011

Natalie · Married on 06/18/2011

Great place, my mother and I had a blast. We planned a week to do all the shopping for my wedding.This was the first place on our list.

Sent on 07/06/2011
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 05/15/2010

I purchased my dress from Mariposa after having awful experiences trying dresses on at other locations. Sandra was extremly helpful and pointed out details that would and wouldn't work with my body type and the look I was going for. They allowed us to take pictures which really helped because I ended up changing my mind on dresses after I saw what they looked like on me in pictures.

My only negative experience was when I went in to try and find a veil later on without an appt and had no help at all. I was pointed to where they were and then couldn't get anyone to help when I was ready to order mine. If you go with them make an appointment and ask for Sandra! :0)

Sent on 06/30/2010
  • Elana

Elana · Married on 09/12/2009

Mariposa is such a great find!!! They had loads of styles for dresses under $1,000. I don't know a lot about wedding dress designers.. but I know they had a wonderful selection of Pronovia dresses and Sottero & Midgely/Maggie Sottero. My consultant Beth was very attentive and she let me try as many dresses as I wanted in my 1 hour appointment. She wasn't at all pushy about selling me a dress. When it came down to 2 dresses, she didn't try to push the more expensive dress at all, in fact she asked if cost was a factor in making a decision. I ended up with a Maggie Sottero dress for $650!! I LOVED it. Perfect for a garden wedding.

Just to note, they do price match (which is GREAT). So if you find the exact same style at another salon for a better price, they will match that price. And if they can't verify that salon is licensed to sell a specific designer, they at least try to offer a sale discount.

The decor is elegant and simple. Doesn't have that "cheap" or traditional feel to it. There are 4 dressing rooms. Should definitely make an appointment for weekends. I recommend go during the week if you can.

Highly highly recommended!!

Sent on 01/21/2010

Yenny · Married on 07/11/2009

I visited about 3 boutiques before I found Mariposas, and I am glad that I did. Mariposas was AMAZING!!! I live in downtown los angeles, and it my drive to Mariposas was about one hour...yes that how great I thought the were. I met with Lindsey and she made it super easy for me. I love their service, commitment, and professionalism. My bridesmaids also got their dresses there, and they offered them 15% off their dresses. All the dresses arrived on time, including my gown. I gave them a 4 in responsiveness because I was super stressed when I took my dress to Theresa from Harmony Alterations. She was rude, not nice at all and super expensive. I had to pay $400 for my bustle...it was ridiculous!!! When I first met with Lindsey, she stated that it would only cost $80-$100 max, so it was an expense that I was not prepared for. I think that maybe for future, the girls shouldnt quote on alteration fees, only because I was under the impression that it would only cost $80. Kasey, the owner, totally took care of when I explained the situation; she really went above and beyond for me, for me having to deal with all the unnecessary stress one week before my wedding. She took care of my veil and my steaming fees. It was also hard to in contact with them, as the phone will ring and ring and ring. I would still recommend this vendor to any bride...they're amazing!!!!

Sent on 08/05/2009
  • tklingensmith

Tisha · Married on 09/20/2008

I found my wedding dress at Mariposa the first day I went looking with my friends and family. I didn't buy it right away but went to two other salons before returning to Mariposa to purchase the dress (Sottero & Midgley). I did find it cheaper at Mary Me Bridal but hated the service I received there so I called Jessica at Mariposa, and she agreed to beat the price they had it listed at by 10%!! I was so glad to be able to deal with Jessica and Mariposa while waiting for my dress.
    The only reason I gave 4's for Responsiveness and Flexibility was because they did not call me when the dress was in, I had to call them twice before they found it in the back. Also, I agree with another reviewer that their seamstress, Theresa is difficult to understand and is over-priced (I paid $150 for bustling installation, and it took 2 months). I would highly recommend calling around and getting quotes from other seamstresses before letting her take your dress from you, although the bustling turned out just fine.

Sent on 01/21/2009
  • mc4dj13

M · Married on 11/09/2013

I came out to Mariposa all the way from Redondo Beach because I knew they had the designer and style of dresses I wanted to try on. From the minute I walked in I was treated like a bride should be. I browsed the racks on racks on racks of dresses with my mom and MOH and we pulled some gorgeous gowns with the help of Stephanie. I found my gown after trying on 4 or 5 and I was in love immediately. After getting permission from my grandmother I came back and was measured and purchased the dress. At first I was shocked and worried about waiting for my gown for 5 months but they assured me I would just have to wait. I did call a couple of times to get a status on my dress because it had been 2 weeks and I hadn't received a confirmation. They are a busy shop and lften times hard to get through. I advise any bride to shop early and then be patient. When my dress came in it was more perfect than I remember and it fit very well. I am so grateful to Maripose and all the reps who helped!

Sent on 09/16/2013