114 Reviews for Mariposa Boutique

Sample Gowns (1)
Undergarments (1)
114 Mariposa Boutique Reviews

0.5

Shopped here for bridesmaids dresses. First appointment went good. we narrowed down the search but ran out of time. Came back for a second appointment, made a decision and was ready to order the dresses only they did not have a swatch for color I was looking for so they suggested I order one from the manufacturer before making a final decision. They took measurements of the girls and said we can call in to make the payments. It took a month and half for the swatches to come in so with the wedding coming up in just 5 months we are already cutting it close. I try to call in with my color choice, no answer....4 times over 3 days. they finally call me back but now they say each girl needs to pick a size (isn't that already why we took measurements and discussed sizing before hand). She says she will email each girl with recommendations that day. One week later, no email. I finally get through on the phone and after a few excuses they say they will send it out that evening. in the emails, it says either reply to the email with sizing choices or call. Most girls opt to call and yet again no answer. I finally get through to make the payment myself bit she tells me they are too busy and will call me back by the end of the day. No call. and it's a holiday coming up so I have to wait 4 more days until they are open again to call them myself. After a lot of back and forth she agrees to me giving the telling her the sizes all the girls already chose. She also informs me that for any size over an 18 there is a 15% fee which 2 of the girls are. She said it was all in the paperwork but the consultant there when we signed all the paperwork took us through every single bulletpoint in the paperwork. She mentioned nothing about this fee. The whole situation was ridiculous and unprofessional and i wished we chose another shop earlier but now it's too late to look for more dresses with only 4 months to the wedding.

Profile Picture chevalia, 5/6/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Appts. Only, Bridesmaids

Tiana was my sales person and she made my shopping experience everything I could have hoped for! She asked me what I was looking for, made some suggestions and pulled some dresses that I would not have even thought of looking at. Even at my follow-up she made it stress-free and was extremely helpful! I would totally recommend this boutique!

Profile Picture Stacey, 3/10/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Veils, Bride, Bridesmaids

Everyone there is so so nice! I called to make an appointment and they were so nice and sweet. When we finally got there, I met coral who helped me thru the process. She asked me what I was looking for in regards to my dress. She let me browse around and pick out dresses I liked. She also pulled some that she thought I’d like. I ended up with a dress that was completely different than what I originally wanted. But coral def helped make the process easy and painless! I ordered my dress and they said it’d be in the store in 6 months. Fast forward 6 months, and my dress came in. I made an appt to try it on and even the girl (I don’t remember her name, sorry!) that helped me put my dress on was so nice and sweet.

Profile Picture Sheila, 1/19/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Appts. Only, Preservation, Bride, Bridal Gowns

I am so happy I bought my dress from Mariposa Boutique. They have a beautiful stage with huge mirrors that makes you feel like you are royalty when trying on dresses. They are all so sweet and helpful. Amanda helped me when I was trying on dresses and she was patient with me when I wanted to try on the same dress a few times to make sure I really liked it. They are very knowledgable about their dresses and made the process so easy. They also steamed my dress right before my wedding and helped fix some sequins that had come loose. You won't be disappointed if you buy your dress from them. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Jessica, 4/29/17, 10 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Amazing salon, amazing service, and beautiful sample gowns. The quality of everything at Mariposa is unmatched anywhere else. I strongly recommend you go here for that treatment you've always dreamed of (from start to finish). They have gorgeous gowns, amazing consultants and help you along every step of the way.

Profile Picture Nicki, 4/21/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Mariposa has a truly astounding collection of dresses, from so many different designers! With such variety, you can try on a lot of different styles to narrow down what you're looking for... and once you've decided on a style there's a ton of options! I got my dress and veil here and loved every consultant I worked with. Everyone was patient and eager to help me find the perfect gown! Would highly recommend a visit, especially if you're a bride who's having trouble finding exactly what she's looking for!

Profile Picture Kelly, 3/25/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Preservation, Sample Sales, Trunk Shows, Bridal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Plus Size Gowns, Veils, Bride

At the time of dress shopping, I lived 400 miles away and was coming down to Anaheim so my mom could be a part of the shopping experience. That being said, I traveled 3 times to get here for various reasons and every time they were so incredibly accommodating, including pick up timing (considering I didn't live right there when my dress arrived). Amanda was my bridal stylist, and boy did she GET me! They really listen when you tell them the things you're looking for and ideas you've had when on the phone for that first appointment. When I walked in, I met Amanda and she had been looking into things online, showed me a dress I'd been looking at for months (unable to find anywhere, granted), and told me that they could get a sample of it because they carried that designer! Amanda was an absolute godsend and so fun to work with. She gave me some wonderful ideas about how to add unique touches to an already incredibly unique dress and made the daunting task of finding a wedding dress (coming from someone who was physically ill when she walked into her first bridal appointment at another shop... I was NOT into this wedding dress shopping thing) an absolute breeze. Thank you so much for helping me find that PERFECT gown!

Profile Picture Erica, 11/5/16, 11 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Bridal Gowns

I LOVE this place! All the girls here are super sweet! My bridal Stylist Suzy R. was the best! She did an amazing job in helping me find the dress i would fall in love with, and i DID!! Thank you so much for your amazing service!

xoxox
Marcela

Profile Picture Marcela, 6/3/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I do not like shopping and my first two trips to bridal boutiques were not fun for me. Mariposa was so much better. My first visit they were extremely helpful and professional. They let me go at my own pace, didn't push me to make any decisions, and were very kind to my family who were with me. On my second visit, I had narrowed it down to two dresses and was trying to pick one. The sales ladies were very sweet, honest with their opinions, and made the whole experience very enjoyable. Mariposa has knowledgeable staff that give you the experience you want. None of the push to spend more or judgmental attitudes that I encountered at other OC bridal shops.

Profile Picture Leslie, 12/20/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Mariposa was my first and only boutique I looked at, and it does not disappoint! Lindsey was incredibly helpful, fun, knowledgable, and made my experience all the worthwhile! Even though I was shopping the sample sale, Lindsey right away started a dressing room for me, was extremely patient, offered her valuable suggestions/opinions, and was so friendly! I tried on a least 10 different dresses and each time Lindsey would help with the pros and cons and never once did she make me feel if I were a hassle or had too many questions. She made me feel comfortable and at ease throughout the entire process. I can only imagine how great the service is if you make an appointment. Thank you Lindsey for your patience and for the amazing service!

Profile Picture Dephinie, 11/8/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Sample Sales, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Plus Size Gowns, Sample Gowns, Undergarments, Veils

The first dress I tried on at Mariposa was the one! My cousin told me about the sample sale Mariposa had Thanksgiving weekend and my mom and I went to check it out that Saturday. Before coming here, I checked out a few other stores, but wasn't completed thrilled with the selection. Since my fiance and I are paying for the wedding, we had a budget to stick. I have to admit, I wasn't sure what to expect from a sample sale: if there would be enough selection, if the selection was good quality, etc.

To my surprise, Mariposa had more gowns in both the boutique and the sample section than what I've seen at other places! I didn't feel rushed throughout the process. I guess we came at a great time too since it was the second day of the sale, we didn't have to deal with the crowd.

Coral was a doll and super easy to work with. She takes the time to listen to what you need and is incredibly patient. After listening to what I was looking for, Coral picked a couple of dresses and the first one I tried on was the one that I got! It was a great experience, the entire sales team were super nice. I walked out with a my dress, sash, and veil! Wedding dress shopping should always be this easy! I highly recommend Mairposa Boutique!

Profile Picture User4160574, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I loved this place!! It has a large selection and a large variety of dresses. The girls were very nice and not pushy at all. I went to about 8 places before I came here and I found the dress and didn't even have to go home to think about it. I had a vision for my dress, which included an A-Line shape and could not be strapless. I had a lot of trouble finding dresses that were not strapless and at most places I only had a few options. At Mariposa I had lots of options that were not strapless. I even liked two dresses when I went, where everywhere else I could not find even one.

My bridesmaids also got their dresses here! I wanted my bridesmaids to get the dresses they wanted without having to match and they carried a line that had a variety of styles that could be ordered in any color. This allowed my bridesmaids to get the dress they wanted and they all had the exact same color and material.

LOVE THIS PLACE!!

Profile Picture Katie, 9/6/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

After shopping at different stores for the perfect wedding dress, I finally found the one at Mariposa Bridal Boutique. Sandra was my consultant and was very friendly and helpful. When I finally found my dress, I couldn’t get it right away because it was over my budget. Sandra suggested to sleep on it and to decide later. I did and decided to go back to try it on and I bought it!!! I ordered my dress in late December and I knew I wouldn’t receive it until the Spring. To my surprise, Sandra called me to tell me it was in…it was only mid January! It only took about 3 weeks!!! The reason I am rating them 4 stars is because my dress wouldn’t close when I tried it on :( I am a thin person so I was not expecting this to be a problem and I didn’t gain weight within those 3 weeks. Apparently I am in between sizes for the dress I purchased, Allure, and I should have just purchased the next bigger size. The consultant that measured me that day, I forgot her name, didn’t give me suggestions or helped me figure out what size I should get. I have no idea how wedding dresses work and I would assume they would have a better idea than I did. Sandra still tried to help me when the dress came in and she checked for herself and showed me that the dress could be taken out to my relief. Unfortunately, they don’t have someone there to do dress alterations. She gave me a list of tailor stores they recommended. I wasn’t convinced with those tailors due to their reviews and I just found another tailor on my own. Other than that, everything else was good. Sandra was an awesome consultant and very patient when I was trying on dresses. Thank you! :)

Profile Picture Belen, 8/15/15, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Bride

I purchased my dress in April 2014 from Mariposa Boutique fro my wedding this past June 2015. I can not express how beyond happy I was with their service. I walked in and Stephanie was the one to help me, I didn't feel like I was being sold anything or pressured at any point, she made it so comfortable that it seemed as if she was one of my girlfriends shopping with me. We talked about what I wanted and what ideas I had and she picked out 3 dresses, I fell in love with the first one I tried on. Stephanie and the rest of the girls working were so excited for me. When I said yes to my dress, the girls popped a bottle of champagne to celebrate. The boutique has a great selection of dresses including dresses for the bridal party and MOB. Accessories for days from head to toes.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Viri, 6/13/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Love love love this boutique. They had so many selections. All dresses have price tags which I thought was great. They asked for my price range and had me try on a few dresses based on the style I wanted and some I picked on my own. Great employees, very helpful. I would recommend to any bride.

Profile Picture User4156621, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
4.1

I can certainly say that I haven't fallen in love too many times over my 30 years. But one time, at Mariposa Bridal........

After disappointingly leaving several orange county bridal boutiques empty handed, I found Mariposa Bridal. Well I didn't, Yelp did.

I sought out this store specifically due all the positive reviews regarding variety, service and pricing. Aside some communication errors, and incorrect scheduling, everything was ok.

I kind of had an idea of what I wanted and was apprehensive to gravitate away from said idea. Impatiently and disenchanted, I tried on dress after dress without success. Mind you, the girls here are super patient and are probably used to bratty brides.

One of the girls suggested I try something different, out of my comfort zone, or "ideal" just for kicks. They brought out this allure couture with a crazy embellished bodice, lots of cleavage and this huge, and i mean huge ballgown skirt full of rosettes.

Eh, i like the bodice but i'm not feeling those rosettes. princess-y wasn't my thing.

I was told to just put it on, cause "you'll never know til you try" that and we were expecting having a few laughs at my expense.

Well, I put this dress on and I fell in love. I was in awe, shock really that this was THE dress. Nothing that I tried beyond that compared. The transaction of purchasing/ordering was fairly easy.

Fast forward a year later, and I cannot tell you how many times I got hash tagged/ complimented "that dress" . WOW is just the word, unanimously stated.

In truth. I still can't get over how beautiful my gown was and my groom's eyes when he saw me for the first time just spells it all out.

Profile Picture RHO, 4/19/15, 9 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I came to this boutique because it its where my sister in law, mother, and us bridesmaids had previously got our dresses so I knew this was the right place to go. They tend to get extremely busy so like most bridal stores you have to book a few wks in advance. When I got there, although the girls were busy, I was greeted checked in and told my consultant would be right with me. I looked around a little while I waited and saw a dress that I knew I had to try on. It had everything I was looking for. Sweetheart neckline, somewhat form fitting, gorgeous tiered lace, and with white buttons coming down the back. Romantic and elegant. When my consultant came out she was very pleasant to work with. I pointed out the dress and she pulled about 6-7 others with the same style. she was very attentive to what I was looking for and at no time did I feel rushed. After trying them all on and a little back and forth I walked out with the original dress I had selected. It was exactly what i had been looking for. It was perfect and within my budget. I chose to get my bridemaids dresses here as well. I was contacted as the dresses arrived each arriving wks prior to their delivery due date. I will continue to recommend Mariposa Boutique to any future bride.

Profile Picture Denise, 3/21/15, 10 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I had a wonderful experience here and this was the only store I went to. They have a great selection in all price ranges. My consultant, Coral, was so sweet and helpful. The manufacturer sent a dress with a mislabeled size and they handled the exchange quickly and it was stress free. The correct dress was shipped within a week and I never had to have a bridal meltdown. Thank you so much for my beautiful dress, I wish I could wear it every day!

Profile Picture Melissa , 11/1/14, 4 Reviews
4.7

I had such a great experience at Mariposa. After trying on dresses at 4 other salons, I thought I wasn't going to have that "ah-ha" moment with a dress. But with Sandra's help I found the dress of my dreams! And under budget! She was so friendly and helpful, and made sure that me and my small entourage had a memorable experience. I even ordred my bridesmaid's dresses through them and am currently in the process of getting my wedding dress cleaned and preserved. Thanks Sandra!

Profile Picture Laura, 9/21/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

This is definitely not a Davids Bridal. The gals here are GREAT! They did such a great job helping me find my dress. I never felt rushed. What I liked most was if a dress didn't look great, or was unflattering the girls were honest with you unlike other bridal shops who are just trying to sell you a dress. They do a great job at reading the bride and determining if she likes a dress or not. The girl who helped me did a great job and once she figured out what style of dress I was gravitating towards she went and grab a few dresses off the rack. She then said I know the dress you will want, it will be perfect on you ill be right back. She went to the back and brought out this beautiful dress. I put it on and it was the one. She was wonderful! I wish I could remember her name. She did a great job figuring out what I liked and disliked and make the dress buying process very very enjoyable. I was dreading shopping for my dress and was so happy when we came here. We were treated great and had a great time

Profile Picture Danielle , 9/13/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Mariposa is a lovely bridal salon with a very nice selection of gowns and the girls there are SUPER helpful. I bought my Maggie Sottero bridal gown here and I would definitely recommend them!

Oh--and they give you a split of champagne when you find your gown--so it definitely makes you feel like celebrating!

Profile Picture User3104113, 2+ years ago, 9 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Mariposa Boutique made shopping for a wedding gown a breeze! Their shop is very clean and well kept, and is super affordable for the quality of dresses they carry. My budget was $1500, and they carry many dresses within this price range. My consultant's name was Sandra. She was super sweet, not pushy at all, and I picked out my wedding gown within the first appointment. Even when my Maid of Honor wanted me to try on some other dresses that were totally not my style "just for fun," Sandra humored us and did not look the least bit annoyed. When picking up my dress, the dress arrived in the time frame I was originally told, and the whole process was streamlined and went very smoothly. I highly recommend Mariposa if you want quality service and a beautiful gown at a stellar price.

Profile Picture User3417125, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
4.2

Very pleased with my gown ! I fell in love the first time I tried it on and Beth was an amazing consultant! I recommend if you go, to ask for her. She was pleasant, some of the others were not so much.

Profile Picture Lisa, 7/12/14, 14 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Absolutely ADORED this boutique!

My mother came out to California for a weekend to do my wedding dress shopping with me, so we had a busy two days planned. We went to 4 boutiques and I tried on about 40 dresses. Mariposa was the last place we went and we were not disappointed! From the moment we walked in we were treated like royalty. The setting is so beautiful and dramatic (and makes for some great photos!!) and Lindsey and all of the other girls are fantastic!

The dress I picked was more elegant and striking than the one I was considering before going to Mariposa..... And it was cheaper!!! The prices are great, the service is great, and the whole experience is great. I bought my bridesmaids dresses there too and got a discount for getting my dress there. FANTASTIC!

Profile Picture Janeane, 6/13/14, 10 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I Loved my experience with Mariposa! If I could get married again I would definitely come back. I would drive by Mariposa on my way to work everyday and wondered what that little cute place was! As soon as I got engaged, my sister in law recommended me to go to mariposa and I finally found out that cute little place I would drive by was Mariposa! At mariposa, I was helped by Jessica and she was the absolute best person to help me! She was amazing! I went to a lot of bridal salons and I just never felt comfortable enough to ask questions or ask to look at another dress because I felt as if I was being timed, I didn't like that so I decided to come back to mariposa and eventually after 3 visits I found my dress! It was an amazing experience to have with my sisters. It was the best bridal experience any bride could ask for! I was very sad when I had to pick up my dress because I knew I no longer was going to go to Mariposa any more. Just loved that place! Would recommend all brides to give Mariposa Boutique a chance!

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/31/14, 7 Reviews