Marines Memorial Club & Hotel Reviews

11 | San Francisco, CA

11 Reviews for Marines Memorial Club & Hotel

Melissa · Married on 06/07/2015

My husband and I absolutely loved having our wedding ceremony and reception at the Marines Memorial Club!! The venue was perfect for our military wedding and Crystal Ballroom is just gorgeous! The sales and catering staff did a great job working with us to make the day everything we could have imagined it could be and more!

Sent on 07/17/2015

Andrea · Married on 07/23/2010

Staff: The staff at Marines' Memorial were AWESOME!! I worked with Cheryl up until a month before the wedding date. She was amazing! She was prompt at answering emails, phone calls and was very accommodating to our requests. After working with her, I was assigned to work with Maribel. She worked with us and followed up w/ any issues we had for the month prior to the wedding. She was also our day-of coordinator (which is really nice, you don't have to go out and hire someone to do that...they include that service). Maribel kept the day running smoothly!

Location: you can't go wrong with a beautiful setting like the Marines' Memorial Club in SF. It's close to union square and very classy!! Everyone complemented the location!

Value: I did a TON of research when planning my wedding in the city. You can not find a better value than at the Marines' Club. All of their packages include an open bar and wedding coordination. They were the best price I could find in the city and did an amazing job!

All in all, the day went perfect and I have NO regrets about having our wedding at the Marines' Memorial Club and Hotel :)

Sent on 10/01/2010

Holly · Married on 09/16/2008

This is always our home away from home (and we live locally!). When we planned our small City Hall wedding I still wanted to be close to downtown but also provide a place for our parents to feel like they were on vacation. This hotel will not disappoint. They have a hosted Happy Hour daily, along with hosted Breakfast. It's wonderful. Please support this rare gem in the city.

Sent on 09/17/2008

Malia · Married on 08/31/2008

Ask for Tippi to be your wedding coordinator, she was amazing

Sent on 10/05/2008

Valerie · Married on 01/25/2003

Absolutely loved everything about this venue. Mary Ann was an amazing wedding coordinator- who helped us with every little aspect they had to offer. We were amazed at the set up- very much like a 10 star resort!!
    We highly recommend the Marines Memorial Club!

Sent on 01/24/2012

Jorden · Married on 07/12/2014

Everything was great day of and we couldn't have been happier with everything they gave us! They include so much more than a lot of venues that have a ballroom. When looking at this type of venue, they save you a lot of money! I also needed a lot of customization that went beyond my package, I did pay for extra labor but I was very impressed with how well they kept track of all of my little details. The Crystal Ballroom is GORGEOUS! We had 130 people with rectangular tables which was a more difficult set-up but the staff still made sure everything worked out. The bridal suite is also great to use day of for photos and getting ready! Overall great experience. As with any venue, I highly recommend going through all contracts and details with a very very fine tooth comb so you get exactly what you want.

Sent on 07/28/2014

Too many delicious foods to choose from...we decided on salmon and Kobe beef. Our guests were raving about the food and the beautiful table settings.

The staff at Marines Memorial were also very helpful...we had a fabulous wedding.

Sent on 12/24/2013

jennifer · Married on 05/14/2011

Loved our venue! We had the most awesome wedding ever at the Marines Memorial Club. We worried when we first looked at the space that it would feel dated but my wedding planner, Jacin Fitzgerald transformed the space. We added pink/purple uplighting and the space was beautiful. They supply candelabras and Jacin had flowers arranged in them. This was definitely the best bang for the buck in town and I can't tell you how great the food was that night. You will not regret having your event at the MMC.

Sent on 05/30/2011

Deborah · Married on 03/14/2009

3.8
      3.0
      3.0

MMC has beautiful ballrooms, and very reasonable wedding packages compared to the rest of San Francisco. Although the staff wasn't always the easiest to work with, it was worth it because the venue is excellent. The food was excellent too, which was something I wasn't expecting at that cost. Honestly the food the night of the wedding was better than it was at our tasting! The guests couldn't have been happier with the entire night. I would definitely recommend this place to a friend, with a small warning that the staff there are a bit...difficult.

Sent on 03/18/2009
  • Beth and Rich

Beth and Rich · Married on 10/02/2010

3.4
      2.5
      3.5

Our wedding at MMC was beautiful and, most importantly, our guests had a great time. Overall, the staff executed well, however, many small but important details were missed - gift bags were not distributed to my hotel guests, my name was spelled wrong on the hotel signage on the day of the event. The food was good. The package alcohols are mediocre but their wine policy is generous (no corkage fee). We had a great event.

Sent on 10/11/2010