100 Reviews for Marina Village

Dance Floor (4)
Indoor (3)
Linens (1)
99 Marina Village Reviews

We got married on the North Lawn and had our reception in the Sunset Room and it was the most magical day! The photos are PHENOMENAL because the backdrop is gorgeous. Our room was magical with an excellent view! Would definitely recommend Marina Village for anyone getting married or hosting an event!

Profile Picture Sharon, 7/13/18, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Event Rentals, Chairs, Dance Floor

We had a reception at Marina Village in the Bayview room and it was amazing. They were very nice and helpful when our coordinator didn't get them the necessary info in a timely manner.

Profile Picture Nicole , 4/7/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

We got married on the South Lawn and held our reception in the Bay View Room and we couldn't have been happier with our experience. We met with Kris in the office and had a very easy meeting to select our room and date. He explained everything as we went through the contracts and was responsive when we had questions.

We chose Bay View because we had a large guest list and still wanted to have room for a dance floor. They will set up the room however you want (they will give input if they don't think a layout will work) and its up to you to bring in the rest. That worked perfectly for our budget and allowed us to meet and research every vendor we chose to work with.

The only thing that wasn't 100% perfect (and Kris warned us multiple times about this but we weren't able to spread the information about it to everyone who helped set up) was that the A/C doesn't run if any of the doors are open. This makes sense from an energy waste standpoint, but since the caterers and other set up helpers had the doors propped open while they were going in and out and setting everything up, the room was not air conditioned before the guests arrived. It got HOT very quickly. This is not Marina Village's fault and we made the best of it - some of my bridesmaids literally danced with their napkins in hand. But for future couples, make little post it notes for all of the doors alerting people that the doors need to be closed for the A/C to run and ask your caterers and set up staff to ensure all doors are closed at least an hour before your event is supposed to start. The A/C can't catch up once you pile 150 warm bodies into an already warm room.

Other than that, absolutely no complaints. We had a fabulous day and a gorgeous wedding.

Profile Picture Melissa, 10/7/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We used Marina Village for our ceremony which we had on the South Lawn. They set up the chairs and then took them down after we were done. The area was beautiful and it was also affordable which was huge for us!

Profile Picture Briana, 10/1/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Parking, Chairs, Uncovered Outdoor, Event Rentals

Such a beautiful venue! I would highly recommend.

Profile Picture User7367882, 1+ year ago, 15 Reviews
Services Used: Parking, Linens, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

Marina Village is a great venue whether you are planning ceremony and reception or just a reception. They offer many choices for both. They have offered us a great value for our reception. There is a caterer on site and I was able to find a person to drape and decorate our room at a very reasonable price. This is a full service venue and would be great for any celebration.

Profile Picture Marilee, 10/15/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Event Rentals, Indoor, Parking, Chairs, Dance Floor

I absolutely love this venue! It was a great value and exactly what we were looking for. I loved the flexibility with bringing in our own vendors.

Profile Picture Corinne, 7/9/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Dance Floor, Parking

Kris (manager) is awesome! So friendly and always goes out of his way to make you happy!

Profile Picture User6568012, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Had ceremony and reception here! Beyond perfect! Great back ground! Wonderful view! Great staff. Loved that you were able to bring in all of your own things! Food beer soda staff. It was great. They were so helpful! Would recommend it to anyone!

Profile Picture Christina, 5/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our reception in the Baja Room at Marina Village in March. We were very happy with our experience with Marina Village! They are very accommodating, offer a variety of rooms/sizes to choose from, and they are relatively affordable. They also allow you to bring in your own outside vendors (so many venues have pre-selected lists of extremely expensive vendors you're limited to), which was a HUGE selling point for us... We were on a limited budget, and that allowed us to find vendors that fit our budget and preferences. Their office staff, Mehrnaz and Dustee, were friendly, helpful, responsive, professional and accommodating. Thanks, Marina Village, for allowing us to have an awesome reception at a pretty location within our budget!

Profile Picture User6540754, 2+ years ago, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Event Rentals, Parking, Chairs, Dance Floor

At first I was hesitant to book with Ranch Events because there were a few bad reviews. But my experience with RE and Rhonda was nothing short from amazing. She was extremely easy to work with, full of great innovative ideas, and very professional. She worked within our budget and made great suggestions to keep costs within our price range. We even got two food tastings, because at our first food tasting we were so stuffed after sampling all of the apps & entrees that we couldn’t decide on the cake flavor. So we scheduled a second cake tasting and Rhonda provided us with an unexpected entrée tasting as well. The food was even better at the reception than at the first and second tastings. At the tastings I wasn’t impressed with the asparagus, but at the reception they were steamed perfectly. Honestly, my guests raved about the food and cake. They are still talking about it! Rhonda suggested a creative, unique & cost effective touch to our table centerpieces, they were cake centerpieces and they turned out equally beautiful as delicious. She was able to find a specific type of rose to top the cake centerpieces in order to match the bouquets. Also there were a couple extra bonuses: RE served chocolate & strawberries with our cheese station, gummy bears & several candy toppings at the ice cream sundae bar and RE even supplied large decorative, blue light-up globes throughout the reception venue. The Seaside Room has comfortable & charming vibe and truly everything surpassed my expectations. Thank you everyone at RE, Rhonda, kitchen staff, wait staff, bartenders, decorating team and set-up/clean-up crew! The service was outstanding and the venue was decorated perfect! (If you have a special request, then just ask you’ll be surprised how accommodating RE/Rhonda can be.) Thank you for creating our best day ever!!!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Jill, 1/2/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

I can't say enough good things about Marina Village. The staff was extremely helpful from pricing through the end of the reception. I always got clear answers- even when I was scatterbrained just before the wedding! They followed up, clarified, offered suggestions... there's really not much I could have asked for.

We got married on the North Lawn and had the reception in the Captains room. The ceremony space was beautiful. The trees arch over you, the boats and water sparkle in the background. They provided an arch for us to stand beneath and 100 chairs for our guests (additional chairs are available for a reasonable price).

The captains room was large enough for our 165 guests without feeling cramped. We had a good 20+ children running around and there was plenty of room. We ended up with what my father keeps calling "the stroller parade" outside, which was nice when people needed a little quiet. The marina makes for some beautiful views for a quick walk. There are also lots of benches and little spots to get a breather, which was nice to take advantage of with my husband.

Overall I highly recommend Marina Village. You're not going to beat the price for a venue on the water.

Profile Picture Lia, 10/24/15, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Event Rentals, Chairs, Uncovered Outdoor

We held our ceremony and reception at Marina Village. We had the ceremony on the North Lawn, which is a flat lawn that looks out onto the Marina. They allow 3 hours on the lawn and they will set up and tear down the arch and chairs. We also booked the Bayview room for our wedding reception. The room comes with tables and chairs, which Marina Village will set up and tear down. This room has an amazing view of the marina which an easily be seen through the large glass windows. This room also comes with a bar area, which was perfect for hosting an open bar. We do want to mention that if you do not use their onsite catering, you will need to find all other items for this location, such as table linens, table decor, glasses, ice, silverware, plates, food, beverages and cake. This does allow you to keep to your budget, just be sure to make sure that outside vendors deliver and pick up.

Profile Picture diann, 10/23/15, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Event Rentals, Chairs

We booked the Baja room and South Lawn at Marina Village for our July 2015 wedding. It has been such a joy working with the team at Marina Village, we're so thankful to have found this gem on Mission Bay.

Their pricing is beyond reasonable, the views are gorgeous, the staff is courteous, friendly and efficient. It was a home run for us. We wanted the flexibility to bring in our own vendors and handle our own bar - MV was the perfect choice because you have complete freedom to work with whatever vendors you like.

Pedro who works on site and also offers lighting and tulle decorations went above and beyond - I was incredibly impressed with how he brought our vision to life with the perfect touch of twinkle lights, white paper lanterns an tulle accents without being overdone and gaudy.

We had the perfect day - Thank You Marina Village!

Profile Picture Sara, 7/17/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Marina Village was a great experience for my daughters wedding. The were so easy to work with and provided a beautiful setting for her wedding.

Profile Picture Alice , 12/27/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had our reception in the Bay View Room amazing views of Brayan's incredibly helpful staff

Profile Picture User3939822, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Marina Village is a GORGEOUS location that is right on the water with an amazing background for pictures! We planned our wedding in two months and they had plenty of rooms available when we called and the ceremony site was also available! The ladies that work there were very helpful and allowed us to go see the reception room multiple times to plan our layout, measure the walls and ceiling, etc.. They also had a list of vendors in case we needed services that we could not find, which was very helpful. I highly recommend this to anybody who is looking for gorgeous wedding pictures and huge rooms to choose from!

Profile Picture cassandra, 8/23/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my wedding there on easter 4/20/2014 on the south lawn & in the starboard room..its was very affordable & they work with you..i had an amazing wedding & thank them soooo much..i will recommend this place to diy brides & grooms..

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User3308789, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Great venue. Worked with our floor plan and vendors.

Profile Picture User3874841, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Marina village was very accommodating and the staff was friendly and easy to work with!

Profile Picture User3697891, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I love Marina Village because they let you do pretty much whatever you want! You can bring in your own alcohol, choose whatever catering company you want, and they set up all the tables for you. It's an old venue but once you decorate to your liking, then it totally transforms the rooms. I loved Marina Village!

Profile Picture User2671662, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

North Lawn for ceremony & Marine Room for reception. Very chill location and good price. Don't forget to lock down your block of time for your ceremony on the lawn early with the venue; they book a few weddings per day on each lawn!!

Profile Picture Melanie, 9/14/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The staff was very helpful and professional. I was planning from out of town and they provided measurements for the room and windows so I could make decor preparations. Everything was great! The ceremony was perfect. The ONLY issue I had was with a security guard that was harassing our party about needing to clean up before we leave. We had it under control looong before he said something but he felt the need to reminder Moms, Dads, Grandma, brother, my maid of honor. It was very unfortunate that was a memorable moment but we all can laugh about the weirdo guard now.

Profile Picture Kelly, 8/24/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my wedding on the south lawn and in the bayview room. I could not have been happier any where else. It was amazing. Jennifer is the one who helped me but she moved out of state, everyone else was just as friendly.

Profile Picture User2221190, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews