Marina Del Rey Marriott Reviews

Marina Del Rey Marriott 3
  • Alejandra

Alejandra Aldana · Married on 06/22/2019

Amazing!

Irma & Collin are the best! Irma got us started in maki g our dream wedding come true! Collin made sure everything fell in place in the plans. Beautiful place and great staff! Customer service at it’s finest with the staff throughout the night. Totally recommend and so planing another party with them (:

Sent on 07/28/2019
    Marina Del Rey Marriott 4

Rahul · Married on 05/27/2018

Beautiful location with incredible rooftop views - we're so glad that we had our wedding here! Specifically, we had our baraat around the front driveway, ceremony on the rooftop helipad, cocktail hour in Sinder Lounge on the ground level, and our reception in the Bayview Ballroom on the (10th floor) rooftop by the helipad. Absolutely amazing views and ambience, especially from the rooftop where you can watch the California sunset from the ballroom. Cheryl, Janet, and their teams were very accommodating and helpful to work with. And the location (~15 minutes from LAX) is perfect for a wedding like ours where the majority of both sides was flying in. Could not have chosen a better spot to get married!

Sent on 06/07/2018
    Marina Del Rey Marriott 5
    Marina Del Rey Marriott 6

Krystal · Married on 07/24/2015

Olga and the staff were amazing. Best venue ever to have a wedding! They help to make it the Best Day Ever!

Sent on 08/08/2015

Guests could not stop talking about how beautiful the venue was! Views of the Marina, Pacific Ocean, and Downtown - you can not beat it! People enjoyed the service during their stay as well as during the reception.

Kendall, our event coordinator, was always responsive and was so helpful the day of the wedding. There were a lot of small touches they provided that you just don't think about in planning/logistics, and it showed through in many ways.

Sent on 07/10/2015

emely · Married on 05/17/2014

The most amazing staff to compliment the most amazing venue and views!
    We had our wedding in the Bay view room << Gorgeous!
    Everything was beyond perfect for our big day with no worries what-so ever! Janet and her staff <<< uttery amazing and sooo detailed!

Food.. amazing!

Worth every dollar spent here!

Sent on 02/10/2015

Tarana · Married on 10/19/2013

Beautiful Venue! We made the right decision to have our wedding at the Marina del Rey Marriott! Every single one of our guests complimented the friendly staff, great drinks, excellent food and beautiful venue! we will never forget the beautiful sunset, sunrise, aroma, view and services! We will have an excuse every year now to celebrate our anniversary there. Thank you Marina del Rey Marriott.

Sent on 12/29/2013

Jamie · Married on 10/05/2013

Bree was a doll to work with. When it gets down to the nitty gritty - you need a coordinator who can help you and be flexible with you - and she was amazing. I actually missed her when it was all over. The venue was beautiful and the roof top wedding at sunset was magical. My friends and family still talk about what a beautiful venue we had.

Sent on 04/18/2014

I am really looking forward to using the Marriott for my upcoming wedding! I booked with them in August and I have already received a lot of help!

Sent on 01/09/2014

Susanna · Married on 11/11/2012

Amazing venue and location. The staff is professional and accommodating beyond expectations. Senior banquet manager of our wedding was the nicest person we could have dealt with. Our package included everything we wanted and we got many little things taken care of on no charge. They are attentive to the point when they think about all the details you forget during these hectic times and draw your attention on them. Also available 24/7 days on phone and email, returning calls in very short period of time. All and all we had the time of our life mainly due to smooth service of Marriott Marina Del Rey.

Sent on 11/14/2012
  • U

Joan · Married on 03/17/2007

They were great! The room is beautiful and they did a lot of extras - like strawberries and champagne in our gigantic presidential suite (seriously 2 bathrooms).

Sent on 03/10/2010

Hanna · Married on 07/03/2008

4.2
      2.5

On the day of the wedding, it was wonderful. The venue did a great job fitting our needs and making things run smoothly. If there was anything to dislike it was the fact that all guests had to pay $15/car for parking, and during the planning we did not get efficent responses. They switched our contact person and she had a hard timecatching up at first. Service from the maitre'd and the waiters was great.We had our ceremony on the Helicopter pad- which had a fantastic view! It was good for 150 guests. Reception was in the Wall -to-Wall glass window ballroom which is adjacent to the helicopter pad. It was nice for 200 guests and a huge dance floor. Food is great and worth every $88/person cost. This location is definetly one of the best places to have a wedding of you are looking for Mountain views and Ocean Views.

Sent on 07/17/2008
  • JT

Jill · Married on 08/19/2011

4.2

We held our reception at the Marina del Rey Marriott's in the Bayview room which is the top level of the hotel! It has glass windows that display the views of the ocean, marina, mountains and downtown. It was amazing and exactly what we were hoping to be provide to our guests flying in from out of town. And it was much more affordable than many of the other Santa Monica hotels we had looked at. The views are breathtaking and the staff was amazing. Janet Luna put on our wedding. We had been working with another wedding planner at the hotel up until the last week when she left the company and Janet took over and did a great job, was very responsive and really put me at ease after working with someone else for months! She was very accommodating helping with the room blocks and some space in the Glow Lounge post reception. The chef was also amazing, the food delicious and even catered to my vegan and gluten free family members. The night was magical and perfect!

Sent on 12/26/2011

m · Married on 04/13/2012

3.0

My wedding at the Marina del Rey Marriott was simply magical. The venue and day of wedding staff are outstanding. The servers did a fabulous job. Unfortunately the wedding coordinator is lackluster. I had to stay on top of her for every detail. She was nice but never returned phone calls until the week of the wedding. Luckily the day of coordinator was different and she did a great job! However the location can't be beat. And the food and service was fabulous!

Sent on 05/31/2012

Rachel · Married on 08/08/2008

3.8
      3.0

The Bayview room is amazing. It is such a beautiful room. There is a view of the water both marina and ocean and then a view of the city. It is one of the most magnificent views. It really set the mode for a beautiful day.

Sent on 09/21/2008

Carrie · Married on 05/29/2011

2.4
      2.0

If I had a choice to do my wedding over again it would not be here. I was disappointed in the the wedding coordinator they assigned us, the room they gave us, and most the staff they hired for the day of the event. Read below for more detailed information.
    * The day of wait staff: My guests told me the wait staff was not friendly and hard to communicate with. Especially during passed cocktail hour and dinner. One of the 3 meals we offered for our guests was incorrect. We ordered Chicken saltimbocca and got Herb Chicken (it was good, but not what we ordered)
    * The Marriott Coordinator: If you are getting married here Please hire at least a day of the Wedding Coordinator, I think it would help a bunch. I feel bad for writing such a bad review, but come on, I plan on getting married only once in my life that is why I choose the Marriott for their reputation and I trusted the money we spent with the Marriott would come with reliable staff. She just needs to be more organized. I had a friend of a friend that got married at this same location, and she said I should think about hiring a day of coordinator, but the Marriott assured me I had the best coordinator on their staff, and not to worry. So I trusted they would get their act together.
    *The room: The play it up like it is a great room they give you “the Presidential suite” It was not well cleaned, the couch had seen better days, the bathroom toilet paper holder was broken, etc,. We called for housekeeping twice for clean towels and glasses and asked the bellhop to send her over as well. Nothing, they never came. The housekeepers cart was in the hallway all day; we never saw a housekeeper, so my bridesmaids ended up going over and dumping our trash and grabbing some clean glasses. FYI it was still there later that afternoon on my way down the get married, I remember because I had to squeeze myself and my big white wedding dress past it.
    * The hotel: The Hotel itself was not very clean, aside from the lobby area. The elevators were all smudged up, trash in the hallways, old beer bottles lying around on the 9th floor and on the stairs leading up to banquet room. I am assuming they were from the wedding the night before, but it was now going on 4pm it should have been cleaned up by then. While taking pictures my photographers and I had to kick trash out of the way for pictures. Can you imagine that???? Me in a big white dress moving trash around in the Marriott! I had to ask that it get cleaned up before the wedding started.
    *Management: well in my opinion the management either does not care or just does not have a clue about things. Their lack of concern for our dissatisfaction leading up to the wedding and after was very sad. It felt like to them we were already booked, they had our money and that was all that mattered.
    *Misc: Once we got that itemized bill we found a few things they overcharged for or charged incorrectly, like they charged us for the Bride and Groom rooms (which was suppose to be part of our package) We still have not yet received our Marriott reward points for having our function there and booking at least 8 rooms there. It has been two months since the wedding.
    What I did like:
    The Valet guys were so sweet and happy for our wedding, Front desk staff was friendly and fast, I loved the fresh flowers in the lobby. The Lobby bartender was very friendly and our post wedding breakfast we hosted the next morning at the restaurant near the pool was very good. Daniel our sales manager was great and very helpful; he helped out when I could not get a hold of the Marriott coordinator leading up to the wedding. If you have to book an event here, make sure you talk to Daniel Madaule, he will take care of you as much as he can. The views from the bayview ballroom for the reception are unlike any other I could find. I wanted city lights for my wedding, and I got them. Really the view is what you pay for at this hotel.
    Sorry for the long review, but I hope it helps somebody.

Sent on 08/02/2011

Monika · Married on 05/31/2008

2.2
      1.0

I only had my reception here and it was gorgeous. Had I not been so organized and on top of everything, it would have been a disaster. I don't know if the staff here was over worked or just lazy, but nothing got done that I asked for. NOTHING! there was zero responsiveness to my emails and phone calls. Things that we had planned were not executed at the wedding. Complete disorganization. Maybe that's what you get when you find a "good deal"

Sent on 08/01/2008

Abby · Married on 07/15/2011

2.2
      1.0

First let me say our wedding was beautiful. Our wedding was on the rooftop and it was incredible. The atmosphere, the view, and the accessibility of our wedding on the heli pad and our reception on the rooftop hall was amazing. However... Our planning experience with the Marriott was nothing short of a chaotic stressball. We were assigned a "wedding planner" who probably couldn't find her way around her own back yard. When we needed to make adjustments, she was nowhere to be found on several occasions. At one point it took me 2 weeks of emails, phone calls and messages, in which we had to physically drive down there to get ahold of her- and all we were trying to do was pay our second installment on the location..... Getting her to respond to an email or a phone message was next to impossible. And just a tip: look at your invoice very carefully. She messed up our balance due almost every time we made an adjustment.

Sent on 07/22/2011

lisa · Married on 09/21/2008

2.0

we had our wedding at the marriott in marina del ray. the location on the rooftop is breathtaking. i highly recommend it. but pay the extra money to hire someone else to do the event and wedding coordination for you. they are terrible at it! basically no organization!

Sent on 09/26/2008