Maribelle Cakery Cincinnati Reviews

61 | Cincinnati, OH

61 Reviews for Maribelle Cakery Cincinnati

jennifer · Married on 05/25/2008

They were absolutely wonderful. When we first met wtih them to pick out the cake, they made the decision making easy. We went slowly- step-by-step- as to not be overwhelmed. We decided to place live fllowers on the cake and they generously added those in on the day of the wedding. The cake looked fabulous- and tasted better than any of the cakes that i've had at other friends weddings. We were truly happy with their service.

Sent on 06/01/2008

Haley · Married on 03/22/2008

Simply fantastic. My husband and I sampled a ton of wedding cake in Cincinnati, and found ourselves sick to our stomachs after every tasting due to all the sickly-sweet sugar! Maribelle was the last place we sampled, and they were perfect. They use French techniques, which focus more on butter and sweet cream, with almost no sugar. The cake was three tiers of alternating English chocolate truffle torte and tiramisu topped with chocolate ganache and white chocolate Gran Marnier mousse. The scrollwork on the cake was especially designed by Maribelle to match the traditional Versailles Palace-styled decor of the Hilton Continental Ballroom, and they matched the lilac-colored grosgrain ribbon to the ribbons on my wedding dress. They also went through several albums of their cakes, and other people's cakes, and pointed out basic mistakes people make with wedding cakes. Seth, who did our cake himself, is young, enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and incredibly talented. We couldn't have been more pleased. The cake arrived exactly on time, and they set everything up beautifully. Seth was even incredibly flexible when I was 3 days late bringing the cake-stand back!

Sent on 05/09/2008

Krystle · Married on 10/31/2007

Delicious cake and beautiful! Recommend the Swiss Butter cream icing its to die for.

Sent on 08/11/2008

Lauren · Married on 04/30/2017

3.0

We absolutely loved our cake!! It was so good that we were upset that we only had one slice at our own wedding because everyone just devoured it! Thankfully we saved our top tier for our one year anniversary and it was still just as good! The only downside is that we married on a Sunday, and you have to pick up your own cake on Sundays which made a white knuckle drive, other than that, I highly recommend this place!

Sent on 05/01/2018

The cupcakes we ordered for our wedding were simply amazing! My new husband loved the special cake I had made for us. It too was amazing and everything I'd asked for.

Sent on 08/11/2013

Tanya · Married on 09/17/2010

My cake was so beautiful and delicious! I want another.

Sent on 10/10/2010

Heather · Married on 03/21/2009

Quality of Service: 10/10
    Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous cake. We weren’t thrilled with the chocolate cake (more on that below), but our other guests liked it, and everyone loved the white chocolate with mocha raspberry filling and the orange butter with strawberry cream cheese filling. Maribelle cake = Yum!

Responsiveness: 9/10
    Generally heard back right away.

Professionalism: 8/10
    Had a couple of problems with mix-ups in payment, and a BIG problem in terms of cake flavors. At our first meeting, we had discussed having three cake flavors (chocolate, white chocolate, and orange butter). At the end of the meeting, we decided to nix the chocolate in favor of more orange butter and we discussed this change during several phone calls with them. However, when our DoC Kristen spoke with them closer to the date, they told her that they had no record of the change and would not make it. Grrrrr….

Value for Cost: 10/10
    Yes, I know. Maribelle is the most expensive bakery in town. But once you try their cake, you’ll understand why. And, unlike a certain other large, well-known bakery in town, they don’t freeze their cakes at all (and YES, this other bakery DOES freeze their cakes no matter what else you’ve heard).

Flexibility: 7/10
    See the professional bit above. I KNOW that we discussed the change (I have notes of all of it), and even though Kristen contacted them before they’d even started making the cake, they were unwilling to budge.

Sent on 06/20/2009

Christina · Married on 09/23/2017

3.0

Cake was amazing. Very well done.

Sent on 10/09/2017

Ashley · Married on 09/14/2013

3.0

Quality of Service-During the tastings, they offered a great selection and really spent time with you. As I brought my own design to them, they were wonderful in offering their own ideas on how to apply it & improve it. The only issue I had was their interaction w/the florist which I will detail later

Responsiveness- I really liked how excited they were for our wedding day & the cake that we had designed. I was also really impressed that they remembered our name, cake design, & wedding date when my in laws met them at a Bakery Tasting Event.

Professionalism-Overall everyone that I interacted w/was very professional. They asked the right questions, were courteous, & took notes. The single issue I had with them was their interaction, or lack thereof, with the florist in how the flowers were getting added to our cake. As I had gone over all of my very specific design specifications with Maribelle, I expected them to be in charge of the outcomes of the cake, both artistically & in taste. Upon getting to my reception & seeing the cake, the flowers were not as I had directed covering up much of the design (and cost) of the cake. Come to find out the florist arrived after the cake was dropped off so Maribelle leave's the flower placement to the florist. Apparently this is something that procedurally happens that I was not made aware of. If I was, I would’ve gone over the cake specification w/the florist. Unfortunately I did not, as I left the artistic outcome as Maribelle's responsibility so there was a gap in communication. After the wedding, I approached Maribelle w/my concern & disappointment & they were very defensive & unassuming of any responsibility. All in all the cake was still beautiful, just not what I had contracted out.

Value-A higher priced cake vendor. With this cost you get high quality ingredients, more creative flavors to choose from, a fresh and moist cake, & the best attention to detail in design in Cinci.

Flexibility-Very flexible with design

Sent on 02/09/2014

Amanda · Married on 08/05/2017

3.6
      2.0
      3.0

The quality of the cupcakes and cake are AMAZING! We did 16 dozen cupcakes and a small cake and they were DELICIOUS! Also, the team is very responsive, I would typically get emails back right away if sent before they closed, and otherwise first thing the next morning. The only thing I was a little frustrated by was the quality of the service the day of. I was specifically told a drop-off window in the afternoon, and that they would decorate the cake with the flowers our florist provided. But when I arrived to our venue the morning of the wedding all of the cupcakes/cake had been dropped off in the venue's kitchen and the cake was not decorated. Thankfully, the owner of our venue offered to decorate the cake for us and aided us in moving the cake and cupcakes from the kitchen to the reception location (which was not held in the building). So overall, I would say the product itself was GREAT, but there must have been some miscommunication with those who delivered on what they were supposed to do the day of.

Sent on 08/18/2017

Maribelle Cakery Cincinnati's reply:

Amanda, thank you so much for the review. I am so glad you loved the cupcakes and cake. I am sorry about the set up but let me share with you what happen. When we arrived to deliver nothing was set up yet, It was still bare and we were told by Lauren to place everything in the kitchen fridge. No flowers were there yet and we had verified with the venue the time to deliver that week so everything should've been ready for us when we arrived. From your comments, I am wonderful why the venue stated it that way when they told us to do this. Not quiet sure but so sorry that this happen to you. We always place fresh flowers on if they are there for us to place as shared with you. We did not make or order your flowers so if they are not at the venue, not much we can do. I hope you can see that this was really not our fault. We did as the Venue requested upon our arrival. I think next time we deliver to your venue we will need to make sure prior to delivery they are completely set up as they should have been. If you would like to chat in person, please do not hesitate to call us. Angela

2.4
      2.5

We searched for and tasted many, many vendors wedding cake samples prior to making our decision to chose Maribelle Cakery. Everyone we spoke with about this vendor raved about the job they would do for us making it an easy decision to check them out further. After our initial meeting, we were sold as well! Through the entire process and during our tasting and design meetings, we had every confidence that our cake would arrive as perfect in taste and appearance as we had imagined and participated in designing, especially since we upgraded to their "Couture" price point. (the most expensive cake design on their menu). When we arrived at our reception venue and had the opportunity to see it upon entering the facility we looked at each other and said "oh no"! Then when we had a chance to look at it closely, we almost cried. The cake was incomplete. The "Couture" decoration we agreed to, helped design and paid for, obviously had not been finished, rather just halfway decorated with portions of borders and sugar flowers. Weeks after the wedding we began to hear from our "closest" friends and family, (you know, those people who tell you the way it really is), that the cake was "nice", but dry, not that memorable and that the cake tasted like it HAD been frozen. Stunning, since they stress that they DO NOT freeze their cakes. We were and still are crushed and even more embarrassed that it came across the way it did to our guests since in our mind, the cake is as important as the wedding gown! When we called to discuss our disappointment and left a message, we NEVER, ever received a call back. Each time when calling the bakery we got the answering machine each time. Also, we found that their door is always locked at the store, unless your have an appointment). To add further insult to injury, we never received our anniversary cake, which we also paid for! We are very disappointed to have celebrated our one year anniversary with out having that as part of our celebration :(

Sent on 10/18/2013