Maria's Love Point Bed & Breakfast Reviews

32 Reviews for Maria's Love Point Bed & Breakfast

• Colleen

Colleen Glorioso 路 Married on 09/07/2019

The perfect waterfront venue

My husband and I had our wedding at Maria's this past weekend. We couldn't have ask for anything more. Ed and Maria made us feel completely comfortable and at home. We were so relaxed. The venue allows for a "homey" feel. Our ceremony was out on the waterfront, which was breath taking and allowed us to bring our boat , which was a huge part of what we wanted for that day. We constantly had guests complimenting the venue. If you are in search of a waterfront outdoor wedding, you need to go visit Maria's. Ed set up the tent and tables and linens and made sure everything was how we wanted it. He also provided a golf cart to help my grandfather down to the ceremony spot. Maria made the most delicious breakfast for myself and my bridesmaids the morning of the wedding. They provided parking attendants, and made sure all the small details were taken care of, so it was less for us to think about. We can't thank Ed and Maria enough for everything they did for us! They helped make our special day perfect!

Sent on 09/12/2019

Maria's Love Point Bed & Breakfast's reply:

Colleen and Sam it was a pleasure working with you and your family.
    We wish to thank you again for selecting Maria's Love Point Bed & Breakfast for your special day.
    Ed & Maria

Tim and Sharon Gaia 路 Married on 06/15/2019

Everything you could wish for and more

Ed and Maria, made our daughter and her new husband dream wedding come true. We are forever grateful. We trusted them and followed what they recommend to make this wedding go smooth. So happy to say it was all that we wanted and more. Our guest are still talking about the food and the venue. That means a lot considering there were restaurant owners along with an Executive Chef from NY. When they said how beautiful and outstanding the food was we knew we had made the right choice. Thank you so very much Ed, Maria, Dennis and your entire staff for making this day exactly what we all wanted and more. 馃挄馃挋

Sent on 06/20/2019

Maria's Love Point Bed & Breakfast's reply:

Tim & Sharon it was such a pleasure working with you and Nicole.
    Thank you again for selecting Maria's Love Point B & B for Nicole's wedding and reception.

Nicole 路 Married on 06/15/2019

Amazing wedding venue

My now husband and I just got married at Maria's on June 15 2019 and to say it was a dream come true is a true understatement. The fact that it was a dream come true is all thanks to Ed, Maria, and the entire staff at the venue. It starts with the planning Ed and Dennis the caterer of the venue are avaliable at anytime to help and answer any questions, without them it would have been ten times more difficult. Being a first time bride which I am sure many are I had no idea what I was doing and they helped me along the way over the year of planning that I did. Maria and Ed truly felt like family by the end of all this. Dennis the caterer of the venue was absolutely amazing, the food is just WOW and not only that but he also is available at anytime to give advice and answer any questions. They also have an amazing day of cooridinator who hands down made the day go off without any concerns, she was just amazing. The beauty of the venue and the care they take of it is one for the books. As a bride you never want to have to stress about anything and I can tell you there was not one thing I would change or had to stress about and that is truly thanks to the staff at Marias. Still 2 weeks after the event we have gotten so many calls and texts telling us how beautiful the venue was and how amazing the food was. Thank you Maria's Bed and Breakfast for truly making a fairytale dream come true. If you are looking for a beautiful waterfront venue on the Eastern shore this gem is it, you will leave feeling like family!

Sent on 06/26/2019

Alyssa 路 Married on 05/18/2019

Cant recommend this venue enough!

My wedding on May 18, 2019 was absolutely perfect thanks to Maria and Ed at Maria's Bed and Breakfast on Kent Island! My bridesmaids and I had a relaxing breakfast served by Maria and Ed was more than helpful with any questions, even last minute changes the morning of my wedding! I couldn't recommend this venue enough! I was completely relaxed all morning and afternoon thanks to their amazing professional and helpful attitudes!

Sent on 09/17/2019

Lindsey 路 Married on 09/22/2018

Beautiful Venue and Owners!

We chose Maria's Love Point Bed & Breakfast for our wedding venue and we are SO glad we did! Ed worked with us every step of the way and helped answer all of our questions. We met with him on multiple occasions, and he really helped our dream come to life! Maria was such a treat as well! Her breakfast was delicious and her words were so kind. We really hope we get the opportunity to visit them again soon!

Sent on 01/16/2019

Maria's Love Point Bed & Breakfast's reply:

Maria and I enjoyed working with you and RJ.
    Please stop by and visit with us the next time you are in the area.

Mike 路 Married on 06/02/2018

My now WIFE and I had our wedding here and we absolutely could not have picked a better venue. While many venues may have a secluded feel with a beautiful view to host hundreds of people for a party, Maria's is just that. What puts this place above all other venues for a wedding is that we were able to transport and store wedding related items at the venue one week prior to wedding day. Wow, you wouldn't think of how great this would be - but it was such a relief and amazing feeling knowing that we had everything needed for the wedding already at the venue - and did not need to transport anything day of, or the day before, and could relax. Ed and Maria are great and we highly recommend having your wedding at the beautiful Maria's Love Point Bed & Breakfast on Kent Island! Thank you for everything Ed and Maria!

Sent on 06/09/2018

Theresa 路 Married on 04/28/2018

This venue is awesome! Our wedding was on 4/28/18. It was absolutely beautiful. Ed did a great job on managing the entire process - from rentals through cleanup! We would definitely recommend this venue!!!

Sent on 05/01/2018

Erin 路 Married on 09/23/2017

Ed & Maria, you guys are the best! Maria's Love Point Bed and Breakfast is the perfect wedding venue. We couldn't have imagined a better venue with the most amazing hosts. Our guests raved about how beautiful our venue was and could not stop talking about how perfect the location was for our big day. We wouldn't have changed a thing! Thank you for helping to make this the best night of our lives. -E&R

Sent on 10/02/2017

Natalie 路 Married on 09/10/2016

All I can say is WOW! Ed & Maria fulfilled my wedding day dreams. Best people to work with, and the most beautiful venue around! If you're looking for an outdoor wedding...make Maria's Love Point your first stop--you won't need to look further.

Sent on 09/19/2016

Melissa 路 Married on 08/27/2016

Cannot say enough wonderful things about Ed and Maria! Our wedding was absolutely perfect! The venue is stunning and both Ed and Maria worked so hard to make sure our day was special and ran smoothly. And Maria is a great cook! Waking up the day of the wedding and getting pampered with a tasty breakfast and being able to get ready on-site made the morning of our wedding a relaxing and stress-free experience. You will NOT regret getting married here!!!

Sent on 08/28/2016

Bernadette 路 Married on 09/19/2015

I cannot say enough how lucky we are to have found this venue! Maria's Love Point B&B is the perfect wedding venue! From the moment we saw this beautiful venue we were hooked. Ed is extremely knowledgeable about weddings and events, he was so helpful with all the planning and was so patient with all my changes. This venue is so gorgeous you do not need much to have a beautiful wedding. All of our guests were in awe of this venue and everyone who was married wished they had been married here! We had the such a fun wedding, everyone took lots of pictures and enjoyed the being right by the water. Another wonderful thing about Maria's Love Point B&B is that we stayed the night there so in the morning we awoke to the sound of the waves crashing and ate a delicious breakfast cooked by Maria. Maria is an excellent cook and a wonderful hostess, she and Ed made us feel right at home and we were sad when we finally had to leave.

Sent on 10/05/2015
  • User4154799 路 2+ years ago

I had my wedding at Maria's on September 12th and could not have picked a better venue. Ed was so helpful through the planning process, always available to discuss any questions I had. The weekend of my wedding was supposed to be a rain out, but Ed worked with us to make sure we had a back up plan. Thankfully the weather turned out fine, but working with Ed kept me at ease through the entire process. The venue is absolutely stunning and I cannot wait to get our pictures back as I know they are going to be beautiful! Make a visit, you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 10/06/2015

Megan 路 Married on 06/20/2015

Perfect location for an outdoor wedding! The water and property is just beautiful! Ed was extremely helpful!

Sent on 07/11/2015

Heather 路 Married on 05/15/2015

I stayed at Maria's B&B the night before my wedding in May. We stayed up in the loft with some of my bridesmaids. It was perfect to wake up to an amazing home cooked breakfast and have a quiet relaxing morning before hair and makeup, photographer's and the videographer showed up. And the venue for the wedding was AMAZING! We received so many compliments. Maria's Love Point B&B is truly a hidden gem on the Eastern Shore and Ed couldn't be any better to work with! They only schedule one wedding a weekend so it's all about you and your day when you are there. I would recommend anyone looking for a venue of any type for start here and you won't have to look any farther!

Sent on 07/02/2015

Raema 路 Married on 09/27/2014

I recommend this venue to anyone that's looking for a perfect waterfront event, big or small. It has beautiful scenery and the owners make you feel at home. This was the first venue we looked at for our wedding and we fell in love. Ed is very helpful through the process and has great ideas. Thank you for everything you did for us on our big day :)

Sent on 12/17/2014

Edward 路 Married on 09/20/2014

The Lord sent us right to Maria's Love Point and we knew that it would be the perfect venue for us. The amazing thing is that I proposed to my wife in early June and by the end of that month, I think, MLP was reserved! Sometimes it can take up to a year to find a venue of your desire. We met with Ed who's an incredible man, humble, extremely knowledgeable of his property and all of the logistics for hosting the wedding of your dream. By the way, the property is amazing in photos, not just in-person. Our guests said they thought they were at a Hollywood wedding--no kidding! The cost is very affordable and there are ideas for every budget. So, we recommend MLPBB all day long. You will have a fabulous wedding there and will meet life-time friends--Mr. Ed & Maria Peffly. We're obviously very grateful for them. Best wishes.

Sent on 01/29/2015
  • User4620551 路 2+ years ago

Ed and Maria made our daughter's wedding a fantastic day. The girls stayed the night before and enjoyed the room and especially the great breakfast that Maria fixed the next morning.

Sent on 12/19/2014

Heather 路 Married on 06/28/2014

Maria's Love Point B&B was the perfect venue for our wedding. When I first asked Ed if we could have food trucks on site at his venue, I was confident that there would be apprehension. However, Ed was excited to try it out and it executed perfectly! Ed was a fantastic contact and I am so excited that we got to experience our wedding at his venue. Our guests were blown away at the view and the B&B itself. Maria's is the place to go if you want a beautiful wedding on the water!

Sent on 07/14/2014
  • User4147741 路 2+ years ago

Maria's Love Point B&B was the perfect scenic location to get married on Maryland's Eastern Shore. Ed, the B&B owner, went above and beyond in the planning stages for our big day. He was available for multiple appointments to discuss linen, tent, lighting, and decoration options and was very responsive with any questions I had for him. He was quick in getting quotes for different decorating options through his vendors and genuinely cared about making our big day special. Ed was flexible during the week leading up to the big day, as I was able to drop off decorations and alcohol and set up the arch early. I highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 06/03/2014

Julie 路 Married on 04/17/2014

After having spent a lovely birthday weekend at Maria's B&B at Love Point, it was our first choice for our wedding location. I had enjoyed looking at pictures of other weddings but thought for sure it would be out of our price range. But when we called to talk to the proprietors about it, they said we could work something out - and boy did we!!! For a very reasonable cost we were able to enjoy a very small midweek wedding with personal service, including great recommendations for a celebrant, catering advice and hairdresser. There is always a little risk in planning an outdoor wedding, but at Maria's they know exactly how to minimize the potential for weather issues. If you have a chance to visit and talk to Ed & Maria, you will likely choose this venue & be thrilled that you did!

Sent on 04/22/2014
  • User3377277 路 2+ years ago

Maria's Love Point Bed and Breakfast was a fantastic place to have a wedding! It was so incredibly beautiful and all of my guests raved about it. The staff was kind and easy going. I would highly recommend Maria's for a wedding.

Sent on 07/07/2013

Brenda 路 Married on 04/13/2013

My husband and I were on a very tight budget, we searched high and low for the perfect venue for our wedding. Especially since we both had been married before yet neither one of us had a wedding. So planning my first wedding was scary and even scarier with our small budget. We did not want to skimp on the venue and we both wanted a place with a beautiful view of the water, where we could have a sunset wedding outdoors yet not freeze our guests when the sun went down. Maria's offered us the best of all that we had envisioned. Beautiful outdoor views, and an awesome reception area indoors. Ed also helped with pointing us in the direction of an affordable caterer and bakery. Our guests raved at the beauty of the entire ceremony. We could not have done any better. This is the place, you will not be disappointed. The best part is that it is close enough to visit for our anniversary every year !

Sent on 09/02/2013

Casey 路 Married on 09/03/2011

Maria's Love Point Bed and Breakfast is a lesser known location just down the street from the Chesapeake Beach Club. It boasts a beautiful waterfront setting on well maintained grounds. The owners take care of many of the details and are a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 09/22/2011
  • Morgan

Morgan 路 Married on 08/21/2010

An absolutely amazing and beautiful venue we will never forget! "Maria鈥檚 Love Point Bed & Breakfast is a quite and romantic location where Guests can enjoy beautiful Sunrises and Sunsets. It is situated on twenty acres with over eight hundred feet of water front over looking the Chester River. We are less than twenty minutes from Annapolis, MD and one hour from Baltimore, MD and Washington, DC. Guests will enjoy a gourmet breakfast each morning served in the large dining room. Weather permitting, breakfast may be served outside on the deck overlooking the water." Their statement on their website say it all! We had the B&B for the entire weekend so we had the rehearsal dinner there, the bride and bridesmaids stayed the night and then the wedding the following day! Thanks again for making our day perfect!

Sent on 09/08/2010

Bridget 路 Married on 09/03/2017

Ed Pefly is outstanding!!! Would have been lost without him. When I said help he exceeded my every expectation. The only thing he wanted was for us to have the perfect day...and we did!!! You will not be disappointed

Sent on 09/04/2017