Nadica Bridal Reviews

View more information

3.9

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

Smith Married on 05/20/2017
    The most beautiful and unique, elegant dresses you will ever find! This is the only bridal store I went to, and it was still tough to decide between several designs. They were all so unique and so beautiful! I LOVED my chosen dress! Nadica is so amazing as well! My wedding dress came in stunningly beautiful, she altered it to fit even more like a glove, and I could not have felt more beautiful on my special day because of that.
    Danielle Married on 07/09/2016
    Flew here from New York with my Mother to purchase my wedding gown and we had the most amazing experience. We would like to extend our sincerest thanks and appreciation to Nadica, Allie, and the entire staff for creating my dream dress for my wedding in Italy. It was worth every trip from New York, you hands down have the most beautiful dresses in the world and I know because I searched it to find you. This is what every girl dreams of their entire life. Thank you all for going above and beyond to accommodate and make every detail perfect.
    Elena Married on 08/08/2015
    I have found a gorgeous dress at reasonable price. Was no pressure to buy. Nadica is the owner and is super nice and honest in her opinion. She went out of her way to make it the best experience for me.
    Maegan Married on 05/30/2015
    You MUST go to Maria's Bridal Couture! Nadica made my bridal dreams come true! She was professional, made me & my family/friends feel welcome & comfortable, the store is kept clean & is decorated beautifully & everyone was just an absolute joy to work with! I had probably been to 5-7 other Bridal shops before I went to Maria's, in my mind I had a vision that I wanted a fully beaded bodice and tight trumpet skirt. I was not finding what I wanted anywhere else in my price range. I showed Nadica a few photos of dresses that I had tried on at other stores and she immediately pulled a fully beaded bodice with a trumpet skirt without me even telling her it was my dream dress. While in the dressing room, it was the first dress I tried on and before it was on she told me, "this is your dress", when I put it on I started to cry - none of the other dresses I had tried on made me cry. She was right, it was "the one", I was having my bridal moment! I don't even remember the price of the dress originally but she knew my budget & said she would make it work & she did!! I cant just make a huge purchase without doing a little research, so I called other stores in IL and OH to make sure I was getting a good deal, when I told both stores the price I was offered they all said "Buy it!". One of the stores was selling it for over $1200 higher and that was before alterations and taxes! I was stupid and went and got breast implants after I was already sized for my dress, when it came in my dress zipped by my bust, but was much too revealing for a classy bride. Nadica immediately came up with a solution and they actually sowed a belt onto the top part of my dress to cover me up more, it came out so beautifully that l liked it better! She turned a bridal mishap into a bridal blessing! Her staff was professional and helpful and you really got the sense that everyone is there to make you happy. Thank you for everything Nadica! We love you & wish you the best at your new Birmingham store!!
  • User1912870 2+ years ago
    I have been to several dress shops and Maria's was by far the best experience. They were willing and able to create for me my perfect dress. They went out of their way to make finding my dream dress such a special experience. I would strongly recommend any bride to Maria's Bridal Couture.
    Lauren Married on 09/27/2014
    I purchased my wedding dress when I was living out of state, and needed to find somewhere local to my new house to make my wedding dress alterations. I am so happy that I found Maria's. They did an amazing job! The dress fit flawlessly. I also purchased my under garments and my veil here which were both very pretty and affordable. I am very happy with my experience here!
  • User1802894 2+ years ago
    Nadia is so amazing! She found the perfect dress for me...and made sure my dress looked perfect on me for my wedding day.
    Megan Married on 06/14/2014
    I absolutely loved my dress from Maria's. I was very hesitant to try on this particular style but just as I was about to give up, she politely nudged me to "just try it" and I fell in love. I live in DC but have family in Michigan. I was concerned about having to make trips back and forth for multiple fittings but she assured me that we could make it work in just one fitting when I was coming back for a shower. They came in early on a Friday to fit me and had the alterations finished by Saturday morning so I could take it home with me that weekend. I was shocked. They even came in early on Monday morning to give me the dress before my flight. They really care about your happiness. She struck the very difficult balance of bride vs. family in a few instances and I really felt like I had her on my side without feeling uncomfortable. I wouldn't do it any other way!
    Samantha Married on 01/27/2014
    After trying on many dresses at stores across Metro Detroit, I purchased my wedding dress from Maria's in January for my August wedding. The dress came in with plenty of time for alterations and the owner was extremely helpful throughout the entire process. After multiple fittings, my dress fit like a glove and was absolute perfection on my wedding day.
    Jennifer Married on 04/21/2012
    Maria's Bridal goes above and beyond with perfecting how the dress fits. They make you feel so special and work with you to make sure everthing is what you want. I dont think 5 stars is enough for how my dress turned out and the number of compliments I recieved. Thank you so much for making my day amazing!!!!

Nadica Bridal's reply:

thank you so much! You have been one of the best clients you looked beautiful and were so glad that you have been apart of our Marias Bridal Couture Family, best wishes.
    Adrienne Married on 08/15/2008
    I would highly recommend Naditza (spelling?) from Maria's Bridal to help you with your dress selection. I went in without having any real vision for a dress. The only thing I knew was that I wanted it to be light in weight, flowing and romantic with a modern vintage feel to it. She pulled 10 dresses for me and told me she had a feeling for the one I would go with and she was right. I put it on....felt really excited, but wanted to be open to the other dresses. After 2 other dresses, I put "my dress" back on and didn't want to take it off. I felt beautiful, like a sexy woman showing off her best attributes. I don't know if I will ever have another dress in my lifetime that will make me feel and look that good. I have been to Maria's Bridal for all of my friends weddings as well for bridesmaid dresses........all were good experiences!!!!
  • christymsal
    Christy Married on 06/28/2008
    The Staff at Maria's were amazing. They made me feel like a movie star while trying on bridal gowns. They have an amazing selection of dresses to choose from and were very fast at getting my dress and veil ordered :) I would use them again in a heartbeat!!
    Vicki Married on 05/10/2008
    My dress wasn't what I thought I would like, but it was fantastic! They allowed me to wait until the very last possibly moment to start my fittings because I was dieting and everything was fabulous. They were great to work with while I was trying on dresses and the way they treated me was consistant throughout the entire process.
    Joyce Married on 10/26/2007
    Maria's Bridal was an excellent vendor. They had no time limit for trying on dresses, and they were so helpful in picking out what I wanted. The prices varied from the low end to the high end. There was a dress for every budget. Also, alterations were included in the price of the dress, which was grea.t When I ordered my dress, it came on time, with no problems. I was able to get all my bridesmaids dresses there as well. Great selection!
    Shaina Married on 10/06/2007
    The staff at Maria's is very helpful and very attentive.
    Jaclyn Married on 07/28/2007
    Gorgeous dresses! A million times better service and dresses than the typical small shop. Ten million times better than David's Bridal.
    Kristin Married on 02/11/2010
    Excellent service!!!!Very professional and great sales !They have beautiful dresses there... After going to several places, I found my dress there, and it was not hard to fall in love with it... Really nice place to pick your dress and very friendly people...
    Lisa Married on 04/26/2008
    Beautiful dresses and very professional and caring staff.
    Hong Married on 02/07/2015
    Nadica was incredibly patient and helpful. I sought her advice on many things. The dress is beautiful and receives many compliments. The veil is gorgeous too, but was very overpriced. The bead work started unraveling and many beads fell off. It was not the most pricy dress, but not the cheapest either. I wish the quality was more commensurate with the tag. Overall, we are thankful for Nadica's service and contribution to the wedding.
    Katie Married on 10/18/2008
    Everyone at Maria's was a joy to work with. The girls were very helpful in helping me pick out a wedding gown, even after I came back several times to try it on before I committed! The alterations were perfect and the gown was stunning.
  • User2250878 2+ years ago
    I was very happy with how my wedding dress turned out! I had some concerns at the beginning of the process because things were taking longer than I thought and some of my voicemails were not returned. However they came through for my wedding and did such a great job! They answered all questions and made the dress look perfect!
  • User1524502 2+ years ago
    This is a high end establishment with beautiful dresses -- I was so happy with my selection and truly appreciated the level of care they provided when we first purchased the dress. The owner is very knowledgable and personable and felt like a family member by the time my wedding day arrived.

The only drawbacks were the other staff and the alterations, which were free with my dress. The employees are very young and lacked professional etiquette on the phone. They were short with their answers, not good with follow up questions and usually had to say "hold on" while they audibly whispered their questions to the owner. The other problem was with the alterations -- I had several wardrobe malfunctions during the day resulting from poorly secured seams, though they were somewhat fixable with the sewing kit my wedding planner brought with her. I do have to wonder if this was more attributable to the fact that it was a couture style gown, made more for beauty than sustainability.

I only mention the negatives because they are consistent with other reviews I have read, yet they did not significantly affect my overall satisfaction with Maria's Bridal Couture. I ended up with the most beautiful and unique gown I have ever seen and received so many compliments. As mentioned, the alterations were free and the owner more than made up for the staff's lack of phone experience.
    Rebecca Married on 10/30/2010
    My dress was fantastic.
    They had a great selection - all of the ones I wanted to try on were in stock & available, so that was very helpful.
    My bridesmaid's dresses were also great - lots of compliments!
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea Married on 06/20/2015
    Every phone call I made to the store I talked with a different person and everyone was so polite and helpful. Awesome customer service! They gave me a beautiful dress at a great price and I am so excited to get my dress.
  • Y
    Margaret Married on 05/26/2007
    I didn't know what to expect with the shop because I had heard a lot of negative things about the treatment of their customers. I am so glad that didn't scare me away. My bridesmaids and I were very pleased with the service we received.