Maria Silva-Goyo Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

Victoria D. Married on 02/20/2022

Obsessed with our wedding photos!

Maria is the not only the nicest person ever, but we are absolutely obsessed with our wedding photos. We wanted light, airy, natural moments captured and that’s exactly what she does. Every detail of our wedding looks so beautiful in our photos, and she also captured many of the silly/funny/unplanned moments which we love. She shared a sneak peek only days after our wedding (which was amazing) and from that point we knew we were going to love every photo. Cannot recommend her enough!!
  • Amanda
    Amanda M. Married on 10/16/2021

Best Wedding Photographer!

Maria truly is one of a kind. She is patient, funny, responsive, and so talented. Maria made me and my husband feel so comfortable and captured unique and beautiful photos. I am in awe of her talent and I am so grateful I was able to have her as my photographer. Maria made sure we captured every photo on my wishlist and then some! She went above and beyond! I will cherish my wedding photos forever and always think about Maria and Scott! Book Maria!!!

Maria Silva-Goyo Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Amanda! We always have the best time hanging out with you guys, and even editing your photos I kept smiling going through the whole thing again. You are the best.
  • Jordan
    Jordan Married on 08/07/2021

Amazing Photos by Amazing People

From our first interaction, we knew that Maria and Scott would be the perfect photographers for us. Their website provided a user-friendly atmosphere, which is SO important when you are planning a million things for your wedding. Maria was always readily available to answer any questions that we had and just helped us to navigate through the wedding process. At our wedding, Maria and Scott fit perfectly into our family and friends and interacted in a professional but friendly manner. Our family could not say enough about them and how wonderful they were to interact with. Maria was quick to provide a sneak peak of our wedding day and a few short weeks later, our entire gallery to review. I expected amazing pictures but Maria completely exceeded our expectations. The pictures were AMAZING and she really captured who we are as a couple - which is so perfect. I could not recommend her enough!
  • Lauren
    Lauren C. Married on 07/10/2021

It is hard to put into words how incredible our experience was hiring Maria and Scott as our wedding photographers. We were married on the Jersey shore in Belmar NJ and I was drawn to their work because of the documentary style, especially with locations outdoors and at the beach, and the emotion I felt when I looked at her portfolios of weddings they had shot and the moments they chose to capture. Besides meeting all of the obvious logistical criteria - great communication, organized, and timely, they are an incredibly easy going couple and make you feel comfortable in your first moments together. On our wedding day, Maria and Scott helped ease us into our first look, gave us great direction and got us to have a lot of fun, they created moments for us and opportunities to be ourselves and we laughed a lot, family portraits and the specific shots were flown through because they give great direction and are very organized, during our reception they were present and captured some great action shots but were never overbearing. We enjoyed them and their energy so much, as a special touch they provided us with 3 Polaroid print outs that they printed on sight before they left us! Even more exciting is that not even a week later we had a sneak peak of photos from our wedding, followed only a month later by our entire event. We are in love with the way they captured us and the moments of our wedding day and the joy they brought us just by being themselves. Choosing the right wedding photographer is one of the most important decisions you make and we love you Maria and Scott! Thank you thank you!

Maria Silva-Goyo Photography's reply:

Lauren, you guys were just awesome. We love what we do, but you and Pat made it even more fun and easy than usual. It was such a good day. Thank you so so much!
  • Cristal
    Cristal M. Married on 05/29/2021

Amazing photography by the most amazing human beings ❤

I have been working with Maria since we hired her back in March/April of 2019. She has done our engagement photos which we loved. And I was so excited to see how our wedding photos would turn out for our May 2020 wedding….. well covid-19 happened and we decided to postpone our wedding.

From my first encounter I could tell Maria would be a kind hearted person. I really got to see how much of an amazing human begin she truly is. She reached out to me and checked in on our plan for our May 2020 wedding date. When we told her we were going to postpone, she was very flexible and accommodated our new plan.

But that is not the true example of how amazing, flexible, and dream accomplishing this photographer is. In July I had a crazy idea to elope. We found a gorgeous little venue and set up a date for July 19, 2020 to get married. I reached out to Maria and asked if she could photograph my elopement (WITH LESS THAN A 2 WEEK NOTICE). She was a dream maker! She said yes and was thrilled to be a part of our elopement. My elopement was not what I had planned for a year. But it was a beautiful and a special moment. Maria really made it a special event. She made my husband and I a small wedding cake (such an amazing surprise) and took flawless pictures (seriouslythe picturesare breathtaking). Although we did not have family and friends at our elopement. Maria and Scotty truly made it feel like we were surrounded by people that cared about us and felt like family and friends. I am so grateful and thankful for her and her amazing skills with a camera.

If you are looking for a photographer who has amazing talent with a camera and who will treat you like family, look no further because Maria Silva-Goyo is the one.

Maria Silva-Goyo Photography's reply:

I already responded to you in a private email, but apparently people will think I'm rude if I don't respond here. In short, thank you so much. This year has been difficult for everybody, and we just wanted to do what we could to make things better for you. I'm so thankful that things fell into place and we got to see you guys exchange vows. I'm so happy for you! We will happily keep taking photos of the two of you over and over again 😉.
    Debora M. Married on 05/21/2021

Best photographer you'll ever find in Central PA and likely all PA!

Maria was so wonderful and super responsive since the moment I contacted her. Her and her partner Scott were super on the ball, were willing to drive to the location we wanted to take the pictures at, and helped my fiance and I feel super comfortable throughout the whole process taking the pictures. We had access to a full gallery of beautiful and touched up pics in about a week after the photo session. I'd definitely recommend to anybody looking for a wonderful, professional, and super attentive to detail photographer to capture your special moment.

Maria Silva-Goyo Photography's reply:

I'm so happy things fell into place and we were able to do the photos. We are glad you found that spot, the park was worth the drive! (and so was the food 🙃).

Thank you so much Debora!
  • Shelby
    Shelby L. Married on 12/21/2020

100% recommend!

We can't say enough good things about Maria and Scott! From the very first phone call we had with them, they made us feel comfortable. Our wedding was small and intimate, and they took the time to get to know each of our guests and made everyone feel at ease. All of our family and friends commented on how great they were on the day of the wedding. They are kind, funny, and generous people and it was a true pleasure to work with them. Not to mention the photos are absolutely GORGEOUS! They surpassed our expectations, and I am so glad that we chose to work with them! 10/10 would recommend!
    Michelle B. Married on 12/09/2020

Photographers on another level!

Maria and Scott were dream photographers! I stumbled upon their website while looking for local vendors for our wedding. Peering through their gallery, I saw the quality and style of there work was just what I was looking for. From sending the first inquiry to seeing the finalized photos, we were in constant communication and never worried about a single detail. Leading up to the wedding she asked all the right questions and assured we were on the same page. On the wedding day, they immediately came to us and asked if everything was good. Which helped the crazy environment have a calm aura. They went into action and were extremely professional and quick. The wedding party even noted how they did an excellent job. Throughout the rest of the day they blended into the crowd and venue and were able to capture plenty of beautiful and emotional moments.

After the wedding, we still contacted each other back an forth about the photos. One really nice feature is the online gallery available to you. There you can see all of the photos and even order prints. When my husband and I looked over them, it was like we were reliving the day all over again. I am amazed and in awe of how everything came together. If you are considering Maria and Scott for your pictures, go for it!

Maria Silva-Goyo Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for this thoughtful note Michelle = ). It was amazing to be there with you, your families and friends seeing everybody come together and take care of one another. I know I've said this, but it really was a beautiful day to be a part of.

Thank you!
  • Elise
    Elise Married on 10/18/2020

Beautiful pictures and easy going

Maria (& Scott) were just absolutely incredible. She takes amazing photos, I can't even wait to see final results of my wedding shots. She was so responsive and personable through email communication. My favorite part of our wedding night was the sample mini Polaroids as a keepsake. Amazing. I'm so pleased with my choice to use her for our big day.

Maria Silva-Goyo Photography's reply:

Hi Elise, thank you (and Chris) so much! I hope you are having a great time in your trip! It’s a very cute area, I hope you are loving it.
    P.S.: You’ll be getting an email tomorrow night 🙂
  • debra
    Debra Married on 09/26/2020

Dream team

Maria and Scott are a DREAM. TEAM. From the very first time I contacted Maria (2 years out from our wedding!) she was kind, responsive, and thorough. We were planning a mini destination wedding and Maria did not even hesitate in saying yes to joining us on our little adventure! She consistently responded to my many emails, helped us plan our engagement shoot locations and outfits, our wedding timeline, etc. etc. etc. You name it--Maria helped us with it. Scott consistently made us laugh, held my flowers and my dress and my water on the wedding day. They truly go above and beyond for their clients.

For starters--Our engagement shoot that was only supposed to last 1 hour--ended up lasting 4. Maria and Scott kept us laughing the entire time and made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera. They are both so passionate about what they do, and that shines in the way they carry themselves. They even held our dog for us when he was being just a littttle bit crazy during the shoot.

I think the most important piece of information about Maria and Scott (besides their absolutely incredible work--that speaks for itself) are just that they are GOOD humans who care so much about other humans. For example, Maria went out of her way to take photos during our engagement shoot of a family who were trying to get a selfie right in the direct sunlight...then promised to email them to them for free. She also sent us a surprise photo book after our wedding after she checked in on us nearly everyday when we were going through a hurricane on our honeymoon. These are just two examples of how incredible of a person Maria is.

We hired them for our wedding, but I really feel we made lifelong friends. We will never hire any other photographer again. Our family has even used Maria and Scott for their photos as well. We will forever cherish the photographs Maria and Scott took for us. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Maria Silva-Goyo Photography's reply:

Debbie, thank you so so much 😭. You guys have been amazing, and your families were so sweet to us too. We can’t wait to see you and Coop again 🙂! (with or without cameras)
    Darian D. Married on 08/14/2020

Amazing photography from amazing people

We hired Maria and Scott to do our wedding photos. While our wedding was postponed, Maria and Scott have already done our engagement session and they did a photo session with us during a scavenger hunt my family planned for our original wedding date. They not only have the most beautiful, high quality photos, but they are the nicest people around. They are extremely professional, responsive, and courteous. They let us postpone our wedding at no extra charge and were extremely easy to work with. We are so excited to have them photograph our wedding and absolutely will be recommending them to everyone we know.
    Natasha Married on 05/16/2020
    My fiancé and I have had such an amazing experience working with Maria for our engagement photo shoot! Maria is extremely kind , creative, professional and made us feel really comfortable . Our photo’s were absolutely fantastic, breath taking and natural!

Definitely will be our wedding photographer!
  • Josephine
    Josephine L. Married on 01/11/2020

The best wedding photographers that anyone can wish for

You will not be disappointed when you hire Maria and Scott. They did our our engagement shoot which came out amazing but their expertise really shown through during our wedding day! They were so much more than our photographers. They helped us with our wedding day schedule, helped to corral our family the day of, helped to put on my husband's boutonniere and so much more. They were such an integral part of our wedding and I couldn't imagine our day without them. To top it off, the photos came out stunning! My family said that we looked like models.

Maria Silva-Goyo Photography's reply:

You are so sweet. Thank you so much! We loved spending the day with you, and your families. It was a blast, and a very beautiful day. Everybody was so nice too! We were honored. If you, or anybody there need photos in the future, definitely let us know. I’d even love an excuse to finally make it back to Texas 😉. Oh, and you guys definitely looked perfect.
    Elisa V. Married on 10/04/2019

Book maria

October 4, 2019 was literally the best day of my life. Elisa and I could not have picked a better photographer! Everyone said during the planning process to make sure you get a good photographer because your wedding photos are really the only memory you’ll have of that day and it is the absolute truth. Maria and Scott not only captured every single moment but the photos they took literally made me feel like I was reliving my wedding day. Me and my now wife ;) in almost every single photo feel the love and emotions all over again. They both are just the most absolute sweetest people and are amazing at what they do! They never missed any of the important moments and made the awkward photo taking process 10x easier lol. Our wedding photos are officially a piece to my heart and we will forever cherish them ❤️ Even after the wedding Maria and I have stayed in contact and already have our next photo shoot setup but this time with our fur babies! From engagement photos to wedding to now fur baby photos we will use them for EVERYTHING and I can’t wait till we need you guys for a maternity shoot! Elisa and I will always be grateful of you two ❤️ You guys deserved 10 stars but they only allowed me to give 5 🤣🤷🏼‍♀️💕

• Tori
    Tori Married on 05/04/2019

Engagement & Wedding Photographer

I had found Maria on The Knot. We were not sure what to expect because I did not know anyone that had used her before. Upon meeting with her and looking over her work, we decided to book her for our engagement pictures and May 2019 wedding.

She suggested our location for engagement pictures, which I would never have thought of and they turned out great. However, we just received our wedding pictures and they exceeded all ideas I had for them. I literally cannot stop looking at them all (and there are a lot of pictures). I’m not sure anyone else could have captured our day as well as Maria and Scott. Every moment that happened was captured beautifully (even the crazy, tipsy dancing candids). I can’t imagine the time and work that was put into editing each image, but the end result was so worth it!

It can be worrying to spend money on someone’s service for such a big moment in your life, especially without knowing their work. However, our end result was beyond amazing!!
    Katie Married on 11/02/2018

Highly Recommend

We loved working with Maria! She went above and beyond to help us get more pictures than we know what to do with. We are so happy with the final product.
  • Carol
    Carol Married on 09/16/2018

Maria Silva-Goyo Photography

Maria was absolutely perfect for our special day. She was very flexible with our time line (we had to move up our wedding date last minute). She was professional and respectful of the wedding party and guests’ space. We didn't even know she was there, yet she captured every moment of our wedding. We felt very comfortable with Maria as she is kind and easy going. By the end of the wedding she felt like part of the family. The quality of the photos are top notch and the black and whites are just breathtaking. We would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer.
    Joy Married on 09/08/2018

Truly captured the moments.

Maria & Scott truly have an eye for capturing the ineffable emotions in a still frame. They shot both our engagement and wedding photos and I could not be more pleased with their work. From getting ready and first look to the ceremony and reception they captured all those special little moments. We have perfect keepsakes to remember forever this once in a lifetime event.
    Diana Married on 06/10/2018
    Maria was a blast to work with, and our pictures are absolutely gorgeous! She allowed our personalities to shine in our photo shoot (we decided to do wardrobe role-play), and even let our rambunctious puppy join in too. We had never taken professional pictures as a couple before, and it was an absolute blast with Maria. She guided us, but didn't tell us what to do or when. Absolutely awesome, and great quality work. We were supposed to get our gallery about 2 weeks post-shoot, but she decided to give them to us early at 1.5 weeks (a delightful surprise!). Overall, highly recommend; great price, for great quality work.
    Karla Married on 06/02/2018
    Maria was a joy to work with from the very beginning. She was responsive & answered all of our many questions. She was very flexible with the timing of our wedding day & made everything run so smoothly. On the wedding day, she quickly directed the posed photos, otherwise she was right there to capture everything without us even knowing. She was laid back, fun, & super nice. The photos speak for her talent as they are all SO beautiful, we love every one of them. The lighting & color is perfect (& I'm very picky!). So glad we found Maria through Wedding Wire, she's the best!!!
  • Nikita
    Nikita Married on 05/11/2018

Our forever photographer

Maria Silva-Goyo Photography's reply:

Thank you so much!!! We'll happily be your life long photographers ☺️. We have loved being with you guys on these happy times of your lives, and cannot wait for the fur babies family photos. We are so excited!
  • Jenna
    Jenna Married on 05/05/2018

Just What We Were Looking For

Maria was the perfect photographer for us! She was laid back but gave direction when needed and communication with her before our big day was a breeze. She captured our day the exact way we wanted her to...with lots of candid photos. During the ceremony she was noninvasive but managed to capture the little faces we made to each other...including my “oops” face when I accidentally spilled the glass beads during our pouring ceremony. Given the fact that my husband and I are photographers on the side we shopped around to make sure we found the quality of work we wanted for the right price point. Maria did not disappoint! I would definitely recommend her to any couple looking for a wedding photographer!
    Erin Married on 10/20/2017
    My husband and I absolutely loved working with Maria. We lived out of state and she was so accommodating, even meeting us at our venue the one day we were going to be there before the wedding. Maria did a great job of making us feel comfortable, and her photos were absolutely gorgeous. She was very professional and a pleasure to work with.
    Priyam Married on 05/27/2017
    If it were possible to give more than 5 stars, that's what I'd do. Maria captured every tiny moment of our big day, and we will cherish them forever. She takes amazing pictures and is an absolute pleasure to work with. Maria not only did our wedding pictures, but also our engagement shoot and rehearsal dinner - and we couldn't be happier!