Maria Silva-Goyo Photography Reviews

Maria Silva-Goyo Photography 5
Maria Silva-Goyo Photography 6
Maria Silva-Goyo Photography 7

Natasha · Getting married on 05/16/2020

My fiancé and I have had such an amazing experience working with Maria for our engagement photo shoot! Maria is extremely kind , creative, professional and made us feel really comfortable . Our photo’s were absolutely fantastic, breath taking and natural!

Definitely will be our wedding photographer!

Sent on 09/14/2018
  • Tori

Tori · Married on 05/04/2019

Engagement & Wedding Photographer

I had found Maria on The Knot. We were not sure what to expect because I did not know anyone that had used her before. Upon meeting with her and looking over her work, we decided to book her for our engagement pictures and May 2019 wedding.

She suggested our location for engagement pictures, which I would never have thought of and they turned out great. However, we just received our wedding pictures and they exceeded all ideas I had for them. I literally cannot stop looking at them all (and there are a lot of pictures). I’m not sure anyone else could have captured our day as well as Maria and Scott. Every moment that happened was captured beautifully (even the crazy, tipsy dancing candids). I can’t imagine the time and work that was put into editing each image, but the end result was so worth it!

It can be worrying to spend money on someone’s service for such a big moment in your life, especially without knowing their work. However, our end result was beyond amazing!!

Sent on 06/04/2019
    Maria Silva-Goyo Photography 15
    Maria Silva-Goyo Photography 16
    Maria Silva-Goyo Photography 17
    Maria Silva-Goyo Photography 18
    Maria Silva-Goyo Photography 19

Katie · Married on 11/02/2018

Highly Recommend

We loved working with Maria! She went above and beyond to help us get more pictures than we know what to do with. We are so happy with the final product.

Sent on 12/04/2018
  • Carol

Carol · Married on 09/16/2018

Maria Silva-Goyo Photography

Maria was absolutely perfect for our special day. She was very flexible with our time line (we had to move up our wedding date last minute). She was professional and respectful of the wedding party and guests’ space. We didn't even know she was there, yet she captured every moment of our wedding. We felt very comfortable with Maria as she is kind and easy going. By the end of the wedding she felt like part of the family. The quality of the photos are top notch and the black and whites are just breathtaking. We would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer.

Sent on 03/03/2019
    Maria Silva-Goyo Photography 20

Joy · Married on 09/08/2018

Truly captured the moments.

Maria & Scott truly have an eye for capturing the ineffable emotions in a still frame. They shot both our engagement and wedding photos and I could not be more pleased with their work. From getting ready and first look to the ceremony and reception they captured all those special little moments. We have perfect keepsakes to remember forever this once in a lifetime event.

Sent on 10/30/2018
    Maria Silva-Goyo Photography 21
    Maria Silva-Goyo Photography 22
    Maria Silva-Goyo Photography 23
    Maria Silva-Goyo Photography 24
    Maria Silva-Goyo Photography 25
    Maria Silva-Goyo Photography 26

Diana · Married on 06/10/2018

Maria was a blast to work with, and our pictures are absolutely gorgeous! She allowed our personalities to shine in our photo shoot (we decided to do wardrobe role-play), and even let our rambunctious puppy join in too. We had never taken professional pictures as a couple before, and it was an absolute blast with Maria. She guided us, but didn't tell us what to do or when. Absolutely awesome, and great quality work. We were supposed to get our gallery about 2 weeks post-shoot, but she decided to give them to us early at 1.5 weeks (a delightful surprise!). Overall, highly recommend; great price, for great quality work.

Sent on 09/01/2017

Karla · Married on 06/02/2018

Maria was a joy to work with from the very beginning. She was responsive & answered all of our many questions. She was very flexible with the timing of our wedding day & made everything run so smoothly. On the wedding day, she quickly directed the posed photos, otherwise she was right there to capture everything without us even knowing. She was laid back, fun, & super nice. The photos speak for her talent as they are all SO beautiful, we love every one of them. The lighting & color is perfect (& I'm very picky!). So glad we found Maria through Wedding Wire, she's the best!!!

Sent on 08/08/2018

Erin · Married on 10/20/2017

My husband and I absolutely loved working with Maria. We lived out of state and she was so accommodating, even meeting us at our venue the one day we were going to be there before the wedding. Maria did a great job of making us feel comfortable, and her photos were absolutely gorgeous. She was very professional and a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 02/04/2018

Priyam · Married on 05/27/2017

If it were possible to give more than 5 stars, that's what I'd do. Maria captured every tiny moment of our big day, and we will cherish them forever. She takes amazing pictures and is an absolute pleasure to work with. Maria not only did our wedding pictures, but also our engagement shoot and rehearsal dinner - and we couldn't be happier!

Sent on 07/24/2017

Mew · Married on 05/24/2017

Maria was a pleasure to work with, and our photos are just beautiful. On our wedding day we were so busy that we didn't get to take in a lot of the details, but Maria captured all the most important moments and little touches of our wedding, and now we get to relive them through our photos. I'm generally shy about photos of myself, but to my surprise I love every photo she took, and it makes me feel a lot more confident about how everything looked at our wedding. She's very friendly and approachable and was quite responsive to all our questions leading up to the wedding and very patient and attentive on the day of. Thanks so much for being a part of our day!

Sent on 07/21/2017

Jennifer · Married on 04/30/2017

I wish Maria would follow me around all day long, with or without her camera, because as a person and as a photographer she is the best!!! I loved working with Maria from the moment I met her at the Behind the Bash expo. She had similar interests as me- she loved food, animals, and travelling- and she felt like someone I could relate to. She had a relaxed and honest approach to photography that really matched my style and I could tell she was the type of person that would really capture the vibe of our wedding and our personalities. She was laid-back and relaxed and she captured the natural beauty and joy in every photo she took. Maria was not only our photographer on the day, she felt more like a friend! From our correspondence in the months leading up to my wedding to the time we spent during our engagement photo session, I could not have enjoyed working with Maria more. Her pictures speak for themselves. They are stunning and captured our wedding day perfectly. We are so happy with our photos and they are exactly what I was hoping for. I really feel that I can relive the happiness and love of our wedding day each time I look at them. Maria and her aunt Jessica were always there capturing the best moments of the day but they never felt like they were taking away from the moment by being there. I can't wait to put the photos from our engagement session and wedding around our new home. I would also look for any excuse to work with and see Maria (and her adorable dogs Doko and Luna) again! I think she is an amazing photographer and would make any wedding she photographs even more special. She was also great at communicating with us and very patient and responsive. She really is a gem and I hope to take more photos with her again soon.

Sent on 07/17/2017
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 03/11/2017

Maria was absolutely wonderful to work with! I contacted her a little late in the game, but I am so glad I found her! She was so sweet and patient with our big group. Our wedding day was freezing and she was able to improvise and still get wonderful photos inside. Her lighting quality and style was exactly what I was looking for! She has a great eye for capturing really sweet moments that are natural and not posed. They were some of my favorite photos she took. I would recommend Maria to anyone in heartbeat! Thank you, Maria!!!

Sent on 03/26/2017

Brittany · Married on 09/10/2016

Maria wasn't just our photographer - she became a friend. The perfect mix of professional and fun, Maria put us at ease instantly and helped us to feel comfortable in front of the camera. She's HILARIOUS. She let us call the shots but gave us suggestions and advice when we asked for it. I highly recommend for anyone looking for a top notch wedding photographer. We can't stop looking at our photos. If we could do it all over again, we'd choose Maria a million times over.

Sent on 11/12/2016

Emma · Married on 07/03/2016

I cannot say enough great things about Maria! I know I will be recommending her to anyone I meet for years to come! Maria was incredibly responsive and flexible, able to meet with us whenever we felt like we needed. We were even able to schedule an engagement session with Maria just to get used to each other. My husband and I felt so incredibly comfortable with her and Jonas, allowing them to capture such beautiful moments! I cannot believe how much of our big day they were able to capture through their camera lens, even moments I didn't know happened! Maria worked so quickly to get pictures back to us, even having one posted hours after our vows, I really couldn't believe it! I cannot wait to decorate our home with her beautiful pictures! I will be searching for an excuse for more photography sessions with her!

Sent on 08/07/2016

Laura · Married on 05/29/2016

Maria was absolutely incredible. She is very kind, always answered my emails promptly and assuaged any concerns I may have had. During our wedding, she was always around snapping pictures but was never once intrusive. I didn't have many ideas about pictures that I wanted and she didn't hesitate in coming up with creative yet simple ideas that turned out to be stunning photographs. She always took her time to explain everything in detail to me so I was aware of the best options available. I never once had any second thoughts about having her as our photographer!

Sent on 07/17/2016

Melissa · Married on 04/16/2016

Maria is awesome! We love our engagement photos and our wedding photos-- Maria captures the sweetest little moments that could've easily been looked over. Our friends and family were blown away by how beautiful the photos were. She's extremely timely and professional, and she makes it easy for even the most camera-shy person to look comfortable. We're definitely going to use Maria in the future.

Sent on 07/18/2016
  • User6200388 · 2+ years ago

Maria was a joy to work with. She was quick to answer questions and responded to emails thoroughly and promptly. She worked closely with my husband and I and our families to ensure we captured all the moments we wanted to on our wedding day. When my Mom requested a few sepia prints, Maria made sure to do so, and my Mom was thrilled with the results. When I was concerned about her being able to find the venue, she said she always gives herself plenty of time when traveling and surely enough she showed up 20 minutes before her start time!

After our ceremony, Maria suggested we capture a few photos outside during twilight, because the lighting would add a soft, romantic feel. Those photos turned out to be some of my favorites from the wedding day. Not only do I love the photos, but my memory of those moments are just as dear as the wedding itself.

Her photographs are gorgeous. One of the best parts of the post-wedding experience was going through our wedding album, and hearing how happy our families were with the quality of her work. We received tons of compliments from friends and co-workers as well. She even turned over our photos within two weeks time, an amazing feat considering all the work she put into creating our album!

People will tell you to hire a good photographer on your wedding day, because it is the one thing you can take with you after your wedding. It is with this advice in mind that I recommend Maria. She is sweet, courteous and a true professional. She captured our wedding day beautifully, and my family and I cannot thank her enough for her dedication and incredible talent!

Sent on 01/13/2016

Adrian · Married on 09/26/2015

Maria was amazing. She always responded to my emails/questions quickly (usually within an hour or two!) and did so with a friendly, professional tone. She checked in several times during the months leading up to the wedding date, including the day before to assure us she was ready to go. During the wedding day she was able to easily organize everyone for the formal shots while also capturing non-posed moments without being invasive. I appreciated not having to pick 500 poses and trusting her to capture things as they were happening. And if you do want anything specific, she will make sure that happens too (I had a few specific requests and she made sure we got each of them). I looked through her portfolio on her website and thought her pictures were beautiful and her prices were reasonable, and I'm so happy we decided to choose Maria as our photographer. I had many strange issues during wedding planning (like my reception venue trying to back out a month before the wedding), and Maria was the one thing I felt confident with from day one to now! We received all of our photos to view in only one week after the wedding! I can't say enough how professional, friendly, caring, and talented Maria is.

Sent on 02/11/2016

Jennifer · Married on 09/13/2015

Maria photographed our engagement photos and also our wedding and everything turn out amazing! She was the only photographer to answer my questions seriously and make us feel like she really cared about what we wanted. During our engagement shoot it was a big cold and overcast and she offered to take new photos once the weather had changed. How awesome is that!! She spent extra time with us to get amazing shots outside of just my husband and I, and was quick to get us a sneak peak and then the finished photos. She was patient and understanding and just an over all joy to work with. I would highly recommend reaching out to her and booking her for your special day!!

Sent on 01/20/2016

Maria was such a great photographer to have with us on our special day! Her and her husband were both super awesome taking the photos and really helped capture every moment! All of her photos capture the natural beauty of the moment, and I couldn't have asked for anyone better to take our photos for both our engagement photos and the photos on our wedding day! Having a small wedding, it was hard to find someone with a reasonable price for a short period of time. Maria has packages that would fit any brides time and budget needs. I would definitely recommend Maria to anyone looking to keep their memories alive as photos! Thank you so much!

Sent on 02/02/2015
  • Bridgette

Bridgette Fleming · Married on 04/25/2014

Fantastic!

My husband and I had a photo shoot done for our fourth Wedding Anniversary. Maria and Scott we're amazing. They made us feel super relaxed and gave the gentle encouragement we needed to get into the moment. We really wanted to capture our connection on film, so to speak, as we didn't have any professional photos from our original Wedding day. When we got the photos back, we sat together, and while listening to music looked through the photoshoot. It was exactly what we hoped for. With happy tears going down my cheek, I saw our love, our connection, right there, captured in time, in photos for us to share with our families and for us to be able to reflect on for a lifetime. I can't recommend Maria enough. She has a natural talent and is a wonderful person to top it all off. ❤️

Sent on 11/01/2018

Maureen · Married on 01/20/2018

Maria took our engagement photos, and was a pleasure to work with throughout the entire process. Her email responses were quick, clear, and personable, and she went above and beyond during the shoot to make sure we captured as many moments as possible. We used one of her photos for our Save the Date and got so many compliments on it. Thanks, Maria!

Sent on 05/13/2018