Maria Silva-Goyo Photography Reviews

32 | York, PA

32 Reviews for Maria Silva-Goyo Photography

Debora M. · Getting married on 05/21/2021

Best photographer you'll ever find in Central PA and likely all PA!

Maria was so wonderful and super responsive since the moment I contacted her. Her and her partner Scott were super on the ball, were willing to drive to the location we wanted to take the pictures at, and helped my fiance and I feel super comfortable throughout the whole process taking the pictures. We had access to a full gallery of beautiful and touched up pics in about a week after the photo session. I'd definitely recommend to anybody looking for a wonderful, professional, and super attentive to detail photographer to capture your special moment.

Sent on 09/01/2020

Maria Silva-Goyo Photography's reply:

I'm so happy things fell into place and we were able to do the photos. We are glad you found that spot, the park was worth the drive! (and so was the food 🙃).

Thank you so much Debora!

Michelle B. · Married on 12/09/2020

Photographers on another level!

Maria and Scott were dream photographers! I stumbled upon their website while looking for local vendors for our wedding. Peering through their gallery, I saw the quality and style of there work was just what I was looking for. From sending the first inquiry to seeing the finalized photos, we were in constant communication and never worried about a single detail. Leading up to the wedding she asked all the right questions and assured we were on the same page. On the wedding day, they immediately came to us and asked if everything was good. Which helped the crazy environment have a calm aura. They went into action and were extremely professional and quick. The wedding party even noted how they did an excellent job. Throughout the rest of the day they blended into the crowd and venue and were able to capture plenty of beautiful and emotional moments.

After the wedding, we still contacted each other back an forth about the photos. One really nice feature is the online gallery available to you. There you can see all of the photos and even order prints. When my husband and I looked over them, it was like we were reliving the day all over again. I am amazed and in awe of how everything came together. If you are considering Maria and Scott for your pictures, go for it!

Sent on 10/02/2020

Maria Silva-Goyo Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for this thoughtful note Michelle = ). It was amazing to be there with you, your families and friends seeing everybody come together and take care of one another. I know I've said this, but it really was a beautiful day to be a part of.

Thank you!
  • Elise

Elise · Married on 10/18/2020

Beautiful pictures and easy going

Maria (& Scott) were just absolutely incredible. She takes amazing photos, I can't even wait to see final results of my wedding shots. She was so responsive and personable through email communication. My favorite part of our wedding night was the sample mini Polaroids as a keepsake. Amazing. I'm so pleased with my choice to use her for our big day.

Sent on 10/22/2020

Maria Silva-Goyo Photography's reply:

Hi Elise, thank you (and Chris) so much! I hope you are having a great time in your trip! It’s a very cute area, I hope you are loving it.
    P.S.: You’ll be getting an email tomorrow night 🙂
  • debra

Debra · Married on 09/26/2020

Dream team

Maria and Scott are a DREAM. TEAM. From the very first time I contacted Maria (2 years out from our wedding!) she was kind, responsive, and thorough. We were planning a mini destination wedding and Maria did not even hesitate in saying yes to joining us on our little adventure! She consistently responded to my many emails, helped us plan our engagement shoot locations and outfits, our wedding timeline, etc. etc. etc. You name it--Maria helped us with it. Scott consistently made us laugh, held my flowers and my dress and my water on the wedding day. They truly go above and beyond for their clients.

For starters--Our engagement shoot that was only supposed to last 1 hour--ended up lasting 4. Maria and Scott kept us laughing the entire time and made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera. They are both so passionate about what they do, and that shines in the way they carry themselves. They even held our dog for us when he was being just a littttle bit crazy during the shoot.

I think the most important piece of information about Maria and Scott (besides their absolutely incredible work--that speaks for itself) are just that they are GOOD humans who care so much about other humans. For example, Maria went out of her way to take photos during our engagement shoot of a family who were trying to get a selfie right in the direct sunlight...then promised to email them to them for free. She also sent us a surprise photo book after our wedding after she checked in on us nearly everyday when we were going through a hurricane on our honeymoon. These are just two examples of how incredible of a person Maria is.

We hired them for our wedding, but I really feel we made lifelong friends. We will never hire any other photographer again. Our family has even used Maria and Scott for their photos as well. We will forever cherish the photographs Maria and Scott took for us. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Sent on 11/11/2020

Maria Silva-Goyo Photography's reply:

Debbie, thank you so so much 😭. You guys have been amazing, and your families were so sweet to us too. We can’t wait to see you and Coop again 🙂! (with or without cameras)

Darian D. · Married on 08/14/2020

Amazing photography from amazing people

We hired Maria and Scott to do our wedding photos. While our wedding was postponed, Maria and Scott have already done our engagement session and they did a photo session with us during a scavenger hunt my family planned for our original wedding date. They not only have the most beautiful, high quality photos, but they are the nicest people around. They are extremely professional, responsive, and courteous. They let us postpone our wedding at no extra charge and were extremely easy to work with. We are so excited to have them photograph our wedding and absolutely will be recommending them to everyone we know.

Sent on 05/23/2020

Natasha · Married on 05/16/2020

My fiancé and I have had such an amazing experience working with Maria for our engagement photo shoot! Maria is extremely kind , creative, professional and made us feel really comfortable . Our photo’s were absolutely fantastic, breath taking and natural!

Definitely will be our wedding photographer!

Sent on 09/14/2018
  • Josephine

Josephine L. · Married on 01/11/2020

The best wedding photographers that anyone can wish for

You will not be disappointed when you hire Maria and Scott. They did our our engagement shoot which came out amazing but their expertise really shown through during our wedding day! They were so much more than our photographers. They helped us with our wedding day schedule, helped to corral our family the day of, helped to put on my husband's boutonniere and so much more. They were such an integral part of our wedding and I couldn't imagine our day without them. To top it off, the photos came out stunning! My family said that we looked like models.

Sent on 09/11/2019

Maria Silva-Goyo Photography's reply:

You are so sweet. Thank you so much! We loved spending the day with you, and your families. It was a blast, and a very beautiful day. Everybody was so nice too! We were honored. If you, or anybody there need photos in the future, definitely let us know. I’d even love an excuse to finally make it back to Texas 😉. Oh, and you guys definitely looked perfect.

Elisa V. · Married on 10/04/2019

Book maria

October 4, 2019 was literally the best day of my life. Elisa and I could not have picked a better photographer! Everyone said during the planning process to make sure you get a good photographer because your wedding photos are really the only memory you’ll have of that day and it is the absolute truth. Maria and Scott not only captured every single moment but the photos they took literally made me feel like I was reliving my wedding day. Me and my now wife ;) in almost every single photo feel the love and emotions all over again. They both are just the most absolute sweetest people and are amazing at what they do! They never missed any of the important moments and made the awkward photo taking process 10x easier lol. Our wedding photos are officially a piece to my heart and we will forever cherish them ❤️ Even after the wedding Maria and I have stayed in contact and already have our next photo shoot setup but this time with our fur babies! From engagement photos to wedding to now fur baby photos we will use them for EVERYTHING and I can’t wait till we need you guys for a maternity shoot! Elisa and I will always be grateful of you two ❤️ You guys deserved 10 stars but they only allowed me to give 5 🤣🤷🏼‍♀️💕

Sent on 12/19/2019
  • Tori

Tori · Married on 05/04/2019

Engagement & Wedding Photographer

I had found Maria on The Knot. We were not sure what to expect because I did not know anyone that had used her before. Upon meeting with her and looking over her work, we decided to book her for our engagement pictures and May 2019 wedding.

She suggested our location for engagement pictures, which I would never have thought of and they turned out great. However, we just received our wedding pictures and they exceeded all ideas I had for them. I literally cannot stop looking at them all (and there are a lot of pictures). I’m not sure anyone else could have captured our day as well as Maria and Scott. Every moment that happened was captured beautifully (even the crazy, tipsy dancing candids). I can’t imagine the time and work that was put into editing each image, but the end result was so worth it!

It can be worrying to spend money on someone’s service for such a big moment in your life, especially without knowing their work. However, our end result was beyond amazing!!

Sent on 06/04/2019

Katie · Married on 11/02/2018

Highly Recommend

We loved working with Maria! She went above and beyond to help us get more pictures than we know what to do with. We are so happy with the final product.

Sent on 12/04/2018
  • Carol

Carol · Married on 09/16/2018

Maria Silva-Goyo Photography

Maria was absolutely perfect for our special day. She was very flexible with our time line (we had to move up our wedding date last minute). She was professional and respectful of the wedding party and guests’ space. We didn't even know she was there, yet she captured every moment of our wedding. We felt very comfortable with Maria as she is kind and easy going. By the end of the wedding she felt like part of the family. The quality of the photos are top notch and the black and whites are just breathtaking. We would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer.

Sent on 03/03/2019

Joy · Married on 09/08/2018

Truly captured the moments.

Maria & Scott truly have an eye for capturing the ineffable emotions in a still frame. They shot both our engagement and wedding photos and I could not be more pleased with their work. From getting ready and first look to the ceremony and reception they captured all those special little moments. We have perfect keepsakes to remember forever this once in a lifetime event.

Sent on 10/30/2018

Diana · Married on 06/10/2018

Maria was a blast to work with, and our pictures are absolutely gorgeous! She allowed our personalities to shine in our photo shoot (we decided to do wardrobe role-play), and even let our rambunctious puppy join in too. We had never taken professional pictures as a couple before, and it was an absolute blast with Maria. She guided us, but didn't tell us what to do or when. Absolutely awesome, and great quality work. We were supposed to get our gallery about 2 weeks post-shoot, but she decided to give them to us early at 1.5 weeks (a delightful surprise!). Overall, highly recommend; great price, for great quality work.

Sent on 09/01/2017

Karla · Married on 06/02/2018

Maria was a joy to work with from the very beginning. She was responsive & answered all of our many questions. She was very flexible with the timing of our wedding day & made everything run so smoothly. On the wedding day, she quickly directed the posed photos, otherwise she was right there to capture everything without us even knowing. She was laid back, fun, & super nice. The photos speak for her talent as they are all SO beautiful, we love every one of them. The lighting & color is perfect (& I'm very picky!). So glad we found Maria through Wedding Wire, she's the best!!!

Sent on 08/08/2018
  • Nikita

Nikita · Married on 05/11/2018

Our forever photographer

Sent on 11/24/2019

Maria Silva-Goyo Photography's reply:

Thank you so much!!! We'll happily be your life long photographers ☺️. We have loved being with you guys on these happy times of your lives, and cannot wait for the fur babies family photos. We are so excited!
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 05/05/2018

Just What We Were Looking For

Maria was the perfect photographer for us! She was laid back but gave direction when needed and communication with her before our big day was a breeze. She captured our day the exact way we wanted her to...with lots of candid photos. During the ceremony she was noninvasive but managed to capture the little faces we made to each other...including my “oops” face when I accidentally spilled the glass beads during our pouring ceremony. Given the fact that my husband and I are photographers on the side we shopped around to make sure we found the quality of work we wanted for the right price point. Maria did not disappoint! I would definitely recommend her to any couple looking for a wedding photographer!

Sent on 01/24/2019

Erin · Married on 10/20/2017

My husband and I absolutely loved working with Maria. We lived out of state and she was so accommodating, even meeting us at our venue the one day we were going to be there before the wedding. Maria did a great job of making us feel comfortable, and her photos were absolutely gorgeous. She was very professional and a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 02/04/2018

Priyam · Married on 05/27/2017

If it were possible to give more than 5 stars, that's what I'd do. Maria captured every tiny moment of our big day, and we will cherish them forever. She takes amazing pictures and is an absolute pleasure to work with. Maria not only did our wedding pictures, but also our engagement shoot and rehearsal dinner - and we couldn't be happier!

Sent on 07/24/2017

Mew · Married on 05/24/2017

Maria was a pleasure to work with, and our photos are just beautiful. On our wedding day we were so busy that we didn't get to take in a lot of the details, but Maria captured all the most important moments and little touches of our wedding, and now we get to relive them through our photos. I'm generally shy about photos of myself, but to my surprise I love every photo she took, and it makes me feel a lot more confident about how everything looked at our wedding. She's very friendly and approachable and was quite responsive to all our questions leading up to the wedding and very patient and attentive on the day of. Thanks so much for being a part of our day!

Sent on 07/21/2017

Jennifer · Married on 04/30/2017

I wish Maria would follow me around all day long, with or without her camera, because as a person and as a photographer she is the best!!! I loved working with Maria from the moment I met her at the Behind the Bash expo. She had similar interests as me- she loved food, animals, and travelling- and she felt like someone I could relate to. She had a relaxed and honest approach to photography that really matched my style and I could tell she was the type of person that would really capture the vibe of our wedding and our personalities. She was laid-back and relaxed and she captured the natural beauty and joy in every photo she took. Maria was not only our photographer on the day, she felt more like a friend! From our correspondence in the months leading up to my wedding to the time we spent during our engagement photo session, I could not have enjoyed working with Maria more. Her pictures speak for themselves. They are stunning and captured our wedding day perfectly. We are so happy with our photos and they are exactly what I was hoping for. I really feel that I can relive the happiness and love of our wedding day each time I look at them. Maria and her aunt Jessica were always there capturing the best moments of the day but they never felt like they were taking away from the moment by being there. I can't wait to put the photos from our engagement session and wedding around our new home. I would also look for any excuse to work with and see Maria (and her adorable dogs Doko and Luna) again! I think she is an amazing photographer and would make any wedding she photographs even more special. She was also great at communicating with us and very patient and responsive. She really is a gem and I hope to take more photos with her again soon.

Sent on 07/17/2017
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 03/11/2017

Maria was absolutely wonderful to work with! I contacted her a little late in the game, but I am so glad I found her! She was so sweet and patient with our big group. Our wedding day was freezing and she was able to improvise and still get wonderful photos inside. Her lighting quality and style was exactly what I was looking for! She has a great eye for capturing really sweet moments that are natural and not posed. They were some of my favorite photos she took. I would recommend Maria to anyone in heartbeat! Thank you, Maria!!!

Sent on 03/26/2017

Brittany · Married on 09/10/2016

Maria wasn't just our photographer - she became a friend. The perfect mix of professional and fun, Maria put us at ease instantly and helped us to feel comfortable in front of the camera. She's HILARIOUS. She let us call the shots but gave us suggestions and advice when we asked for it. I highly recommend for anyone looking for a top notch wedding photographer. We can't stop looking at our photos. If we could do it all over again, we'd choose Maria a million times over.

Sent on 11/12/2016

Emma · Married on 07/03/2016

I cannot say enough great things about Maria! I know I will be recommending her to anyone I meet for years to come! Maria was incredibly responsive and flexible, able to meet with us whenever we felt like we needed. We were even able to schedule an engagement session with Maria just to get used to each other. My husband and I felt so incredibly comfortable with her and Jonas, allowing them to capture such beautiful moments! I cannot believe how much of our big day they were able to capture through their camera lens, even moments I didn't know happened! Maria worked so quickly to get pictures back to us, even having one posted hours after our vows, I really couldn't believe it! I cannot wait to decorate our home with her beautiful pictures! I will be searching for an excuse for more photography sessions with her!

Sent on 08/07/2016

Laura · Married on 05/29/2016

Maria was absolutely incredible. She is very kind, always answered my emails promptly and assuaged any concerns I may have had. During our wedding, she was always around snapping pictures but was never once intrusive. I didn't have many ideas about pictures that I wanted and she didn't hesitate in coming up with creative yet simple ideas that turned out to be stunning photographs. She always took her time to explain everything in detail to me so I was aware of the best options available. I never once had any second thoughts about having her as our photographer!

Sent on 07/17/2016