Maria Makes It Official Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

Stephanie H. Married on 07/10/2021

Excellent Experience with Maria

I cannot recommend choosing Maria as your officiant enough. From the day that me and my wife met her, it was like she knew us for years. She was so knowledgeable and took the time to meet with us to plan out the perfect ceremony. She was very communicative and always available to talk whenever we had questions. On our rehearsal day, she provided us much needed guidance on how the big day should go. Without her, we would have definitely been very lost. On our wedding day, she gave the best ceremony and people kept asking us if she was a long time friend - that’s just how good she is! She will make your ceremony exactly as you envisioned, if not more. We couldn’t be more happy with how the ceremony went and she was the perfect choice. You will not be disappointed if you go with Maria!! Highly recommend.

Minh & Stephanie H.
    Abigail Married on 05/02/2020

Absolutely Wonderful

Maria was wonderful, a million times over. The ceremony was so beautiful, and personal. The questionnaire she has you fill out to really get to know you, works wonders in making a non-cookie cutter ceremony. Besides that she is just a beautiful soul. Fun to be around, and great at helping relieve planning stress and ay of stress. Some of our guests asked if she was a friend we asked to do our ceremony. It really does feel like she became our friend. Couldn't have asked for a better person to marry us.

Maria Makes It Official's reply:

Abbey, it was so wonderful working with both you and Matt. Creating your ceremony with you two was so much fun and I am glad to have gotten to know you both. It would be absolutely great to remain friends and stay in touch. I hope you both are having so much fun on your Corona-moon ;)
    ~Maria

Kristin L. Married on 01/03/2020

Absolute pleasure to work with

We had such a wonderful experience with Maria. From our first meeting, we knew we were in good hands. The process of putting together our wedding ceremony was flexible and collaborative. The end result was a lovely and unique ceremony that felt personal and perfect to us. Maria was easy to get in touch with, very responsive to communication, and made the entire experience of getting married WAY less stressful. We are so grateful and happy that she was a part of this big moment!
  • Naidee
    Naidee N. Married on 10/05/2019

♥️ Perfect

Maria has been amazing, helping us with resources. She has been a part of our planning and all the events leading up to the wedding she’s really got to know us as a couple and I’m excited to have her officiate.
  • Katrina
    Katrina K. Married on 05/18/2019

Maria Made it Perfect!

Neither my husband or I are religious, so we decided to find our officiant via the internet. We found Maria and she was within our budget and had our date available, so after briefly meeting with her we hired her. Maria ended up being one of the best vendors we hired for our wedding. She created a beautiful ceremony and also handled an issue with the ceremony space vendor. Without her, I would not have had an aisle to walk down. She handled the situation wonderfully and made sure everything went according to plan. Maria not only made it official for us, but made our wedding ceremony perfect.

Maria Makes It Official's reply:

Hi Katrina! You are so kind and I am so sorry this response didn't show up when I originally responded. You both were so wonderful to work with and it was an honor to be a part of your big day. I hope you are both doing well! I would love to catch up!
    Best Wishes and great 2020!!

Maria
  • Jessica
    Jessica L. Married on 05/04/2019

I love Maria!!!!!

Now I normally only post reviews of negative experiences but Maria exceeded my expectations and I have to make it known. She was the perfect officiant for us. She’s relatable, understanding, and quick to respond with texts/emails. Many guests came to me to say that the ceremony was beautiful. I am so glad she was part of our wedding day.
  • F
    Frank Y. Married on 04/13/2019

Thank you Maria!!

Thank you Maria for being our officiant!! We can't say enough good things. She was easy to work with from day one and was focused completely on US. She made sure that every cultural, religious, and ethnic detail was covered so nothing was overlooked. She wrote up our ceremony script and made sure we added our own personal details as we saw fit. We had a Vietnamese interpreter at our ceremony as well, and Maria worked closely with her to make sure everything made sense and the timing of everything on the day of was appropriate. She is not only a cool person, but professional. She personally took care of filing our wedding certificate the day after our wedding (big relief). I would definitely recommend her for ANYONE who is in search of an officiant. P.S. she takes a selfie with everyone :) which was awesome haha
  • Monique
    Monique S. Married on 11/02/2018

Maria makes it awesome!

Maria was so fun to work with. She created a personalized ceremony that fit our story and love for each other into it. She was very accommodating and helpful during the rehearsal and the big day.
    Dave Married on 10/20/2018

Maria was great!

Maria married us last Saturday (20th October 2018) and conducted a ceremony that was just right for what we wanted - even with the added challenge of our 15 month and 2 1/2 year old getting upset at the start - and me jumping in early to say I Do!Lol

Maria kindly joined us for our reception and speeches and was welcomed by all our guests with open arms as she is lovely! :-)

We can't recommend Maria highly enough - she is lovely and works with you to fit to you requirements - by the way, did I mention she had the added challenge of communicating with us in the UK with a 5 hour time difference as we are from England and were getting married in Ray Township approximately 4000 miles from our home?!

Thanks again Maria!

Dave & Hev xx
    Erin Married on 09/15/2018
    We love Maria! She took our story and made the perfect ceremony for us. I'm so happy she was part of our wedding. You will not regret having her make it official!
    Bao Married on 07/22/2018
    My wife and I originally had no idea who we wanted to be our officiant, and after going through friends and family members who politely declined we were still at a lost on who to help us with our special day. We were so glad to come across Maria's page and both immediately agreed that she would be the perfect person to bring us together! Maria is hands down the best officiant we could've had for our wedding ceremony, she was very thoughtful, easy to work with, and very accommodating. We were extremely satisfied and happy with the services that Maria provided and our 7.22.18 wedding day was made all the better through her involvement from start to finish! Thanks again Maria Ingall!
    - Bao&Bai Truong
  • Kerry
    Kerry Married on 07/13/2018
    Maria was absolutely amazing. We were looking for an officiant who was all inclusive and could handle any type of wedding, and she came through with flying colors. Quality of service and communication were top notch. She was professional about everything, but she also has a wonderful personality that made everything so much easier. Maria was quick to reply to any questions we had, was great value for what she provided, and really came through with a cute and personalized story for us when the big moment came. She was easily the best vendor we dealt with, and we highly recommend anyone looking for an officiant to give her a call.
    Bonnie Married on 06/30/2018

Amazing ceremony

Maria did an amazing job at our wedding!!!
    Christina Married on 06/30/2018
    Maria was amazing! She was very flexible and let us personalize our ceremony however we wanted! Some of our wedding guests thought that she was a family friend because she appeared to know us so well.
    Devin Married on 06/29/2018
    We cannot say enough good things about Maria!

We searched for quite a bit to find someone to officiate our wedding. When we met with Maria, we shared a look because we instantly knew we wanted her to be the one. Her personality shines. We felt so comfortable with her. Like shes a friend we had known for years. With us having a intimate wedding, that was very important to us.

She was then always available. She gave us her email and number to call of text whenever needed. She customized our vows so perfectly. Then let us tweak anything needed, but there wasn't much. She did a beautiful job. They brought happy tears and laughter.

You would be making a wonderful decision to hire Maria. You will know it within first meeting her. She takes her passion and professionalism for her job seriously. Thank you, Maria. You made our day PERFECT!

Maria Makes It Official's reply:

Thank you so much Devin for your kind words. I absolutely loved working with you guys on your big day. Putting together your ceremony was so much fun and your girls are beautiful. I look forward to meeting up sometime and catching up :)
    Best Wishes and thank you again for allowing me to be a part of your big day!!
    Andreea Married on 05/24/2018
    What can i say? I wish there were more Maria's in this world. She was definitely my favorite out of all my vendors. She was sweet, understanding, patient, professional, but most importantly... she took the time to breathe. Heck.. she helped ME breathe multiple times during my mishaps with various other vendors. Everything i have to say, however, can't even measure up to all that she's done. She's helped us make our day special!

You can't go wrong with hiring Maria!

Maria Makes It Official's reply:

Thank you so much Andreea for allowing me to be a part of your big day. I am honored to have been able to help throughout the day and to celebrate with you both!! A bonus to everything was making new friends!
    Best Wishes and many years of happiness to you and Aaron!!
    Rebecca Married on 05/19/2018
    Maria was excellent! No problems and she worked with us for what we wanted. :) Thanks for a perfect day!
    Paula Married on 04/20/2018
    We loved Maria and thought she did a fabulous job!
  • Kari
    Kari Married on 09/16/2017
    I found Maria through theknot.com and she was one of the only vendors I went into completely blind. I didn't have a personal recommendation, and was just going off of reviews I read online. My husband and I met with Maria over coffee one day and were completely amazed by how personal of a hangout it was. When meeting her, we instantly felt like we were grabbing coffee with a friend. After figuring out her process and picking her brain a little about her officiating style, we decided to go with her. She gave us a questionnaire to fill out that allowed her to get to know both of us and our relationship. She picked up on our vibe right away and wrote up an impressive ceremony that was free-spirited, and light-hearted because that's what we were going for. I can't tell you enough how well she read us, our story, and the mood of our day. She made something so special to present to everyone, my friends and family commented on how awesome she was. The whole experience of working with her was amazing, not stressful at all , and now we couldn't imagine our day with anyone else telling our story. Maria came to our rehearsal dinner and even stayed at the wedding for a while. I feel like I have left this whole experience with a friend. If you are at all entertaining Maria as your officiant, DO IT! You will be so happy you did. =)

Kari,
    I had so much fun getting to know you both through the process of creating your ceremony. Thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of your day before, during, as well as after the ceremony.
    If you guys ever need anything don't hesitate to call. Thank you so much for the opportunity to bring you two together :)
  • His4Ever
    Angel Married on 09/03/2017
    Maria was amazing! She wrote and delivered a beautiful ceremony for my husband and I! It was a fabulous time! Thank you for all you did!
  • kristin
    Kristin Married on 10/28/2016
    Professional. Kind. Patient. Sweet. Flexible. Creative. Attentive. Fun. All this and more. She is totally worth it!
    Nicole Married on 09/18/2016
    Maria is incredible. She worked with us on our vows and was very receptive to feedback. Maria was on it, keeping everything organized from beginning to the end of the ceremony. She discreetly verbally guided my visually impaired husband into position once he got to the alter, as well. I cannot recommend her enough to anyone needing an officiant for their wedding. Not only is she great as an officiant, she is also a very kind and sweet person.
  • Molly
    Molly Married on 08/27/2016
    Maria is wonderful to work with. We were happy with our wedding day program and how she personalized it for us. I would definitely recommend working with Maria if you want someone who is friendly, personable, and will get the officiating job done for you!
  • User2656463 2+ years ago
    I found Maria here, on Weddingwire. And Thank GOD!!! She is absolutely amazing! We had lots of contact before the wedding, and she wrote our vows then let me edit or give my two cents back and forth until they were perfect. She said she could offer counseling as well and she'd be a sort of wedding planner per say, to help with most anything you need. She is a licensed officiant, but we didn't have her take care of our marriage license only because we had gotten legally married previous to our actual ceremony for personal reasons. But that didn't stop her words from touching our hearts and our guests. She literally made us laugh and cry during the ceremony. She came to the rehearsal the day before and hung out with me and the bridesmaids right before the wedding. I invited her to stay for the reception and I just loved having her there. I can honestly say that I don't think anyone else would have been better. You should experience all she has to offer too!!!
    T. Married on 10/24/2015
    I absolutely love working with Maria from day one!!! She's very professional and courtesy with a great personality. She performed a beautiful ceremony that let everyone speechless and overwhelmed with joy. She went over and beyond to make sure our special day was perfect. It's my pleasure to recommend Maria for your special day:)