37 Reviews for Maria Estes Photography

Canvas (1)
Prints (1)
Save the Date (1)
35 Maria Estes Photography Reviews

Maria was absolutely AMAZING!!! She photographed our March 2018 wedding and we were so happy with how everything turned out. She went above and beyond to make sure she knew what our vision was for photography. She met with us before our big day and answered countless emails and texts. She also created and shared a detailed timeline to make sure we had all pictures we wanted on the timeline that worked for us. The weather on our day was less than ideal (rainy and cloudy) but the pictures still turned out amazing. Maria was super creative and just made it work. We HIGHLY recommend her!

Photo for Maria Estes Photography Review - Maria Estes Photography
Photo for Maria Estes Photography Review - Maria Estes Photography
Profile Picture Camille, 3/25/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Maria did a FANTASTIC job with engagement, bridal, and wedding photos. We are so happy with the pictures. I discovered Maria when she did photos for another friend's wedding, and I'm so thrilled she was available for mine. Thanks for capturing these milestones so beautifully!

Profile Picture J, 3/17/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

We loved working with Maria. Neither of us loves to be the center of attention, or to have our photo taken over and over, but we also wanted some beautiful photos to remember our wedding day. Maria was recommended by a friend and we are so grateful to have found her. She somehow made even slightly-embarrassed us look good, not goofy! She was so good to work with- experienced, fast, responsive. Maria has been doing this long enough to have gotten good at it, and she still made us feel special like she was truly excited we were getting married. She even sent us a book about marriage and a gift certificate to go out to dinner a couple months before our wedding, just to encourage us. So sweet! And did I mention, her pictures are spectacular?! She really has an eye for what will be a memorable photo. We did both engagement photos and wedding photos with her, for a very reasonable price. We cannot recommend her highly enough.

Profile Picture Jessica, 2/10/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, Digital Files

Maria is a very talented photographer. She did a wonderful job of capturing all the pictures we wanted with enough time left over to take some extra pictures. Everyone felt very comfortable while she was taking the pictures, and it was an enjoyable experience. I know her calm demeanor helped me to relax and have fun while taking the pictures. We did a first look and I almost forgot she was there. She really let us have an intimate moment but also captured some sweet and tender pictures of the moment without us noticing. There was also an event that forced us to relocate our reception venue at the last minute and she was very understanding and flexible with that situation. She wonderfully captured sweet moments between us and between the guests. She got the photos back to us within 3 weeks, and we loved browsing her pictures afterwards. We're very glad that we choose her as our wedding photographer

Profile Picture Faith, 12/22/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, One Event/Day, Digital Files

Maria was so great to work with. Extremely professional. Managed to get amazing pictures. We were a tough crowd. :-). We just received our photos and couldn’t be more pleased. http://mariaestesphoto.com/2017/11/09/cotton-company-wedding-photography-liz-mark/

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 10/21/17, 11 Reviews
Services Used: One Event/Day, Digital Files

We cannot speak more highly of Maria and the excellent job that she does! All the communication and planning leading up to the wedding was on point! She was well prepared for our big day even though it was snowing! The photos were delivered quickly after the wedding so we didn't have to wait a long time to see them. She gave us some amazing photos that we will always treasure. It's true what they say, the day goes by in a blur. However, with the photos we have, we can relive the magic of our day. Thank you, Maria!

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Maria. Maria has taken graduation, engagement, and wedding pictures for my husband and me and every photo session was phenomenal. If you're looking for someone who's easy to work with, extremely reasonably priced, and artistic, Maria is your photographer. She has a gift for personalizing photos to each of her clients. She works hard to get to know the couple before deciding what type of photos she'll take. We love Maria!

Profile Picture Taylor, 8/12/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, Second Shooter, Albums, Canvas, Prints, Save the Date

Maria was very helpful from the very beginning! She scheduled times to talk with me on the phone and really spent time hearing what we wanted. My favorite photos were the sunset ones of just me and my husband- Maria made us feel relaxed and they turned out beautifully!

Profile Picture Amanda, 8/5/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Maria is worth 5 stars across the board! First of all, she was extremely patient and flexible with our scheduling and travel situation, which was a HUGE blessing. She made us feel comfortable and relaxed in front of the camera, which definitely came across in the finished product. Maria has an eye for light and for people's stories; we really felt she captured our relationship and the special moments of our wedding day well in both engagement and wedding photos. Also I wish I could post a photo here because I received the most beautiful little wooden flash drive in the mail today with our photos on it! Very professional and thoughtful. On top of all that, Maria really is a very kind, talented, down to earth person...and a very trustworthy photographer!

Profile Picture Erin, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Maria was SO patient with us! We were really nervous about getting our photos taken, so we had engagement photos done. They turned out SO perfectly! It really captured who we are. And she could not have made us feel more comfortable on our wedding day. So chill! I could not have asked for more! I would recommend Maria a thousand times over.

Profile Picture Amanda, 5/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We both liked Maria from the time we met her. Her photos were exceptional, catching many memorable moments. She was very professional and accommodating. Best of all, she wasn't pushy like most other photographers, allowing us to spend equal time with our guests and loved ones. We felt that the pricing for her service was very fair. If we have another momentous occasion, we would not hesitate using Maria again.

Profile Picture Eileen, 2/4/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Maria was so sweet and professional! She was always responsive and helpful. She always took my opinion on what I wanted my photos to look like and gave suggestions when I was unsure. She made me feel like she cared about us as a couple and not just as her clients. I would recommend her without reservation! I'd love to use her services for future family portraits as well.

Profile Picture User7824344, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Maria is the best! She is incredibly organized and detail-oriented, which makes the day go off without a hitch, while ensuring you get your photos. She is so much fun to work with, and is such an amazing photographer. Thanks, Maria!!

Profile Picture Victoria, 12/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Maria was great, and we are thrilled we hired her! She was responsive, accommodating, patient, and dedicated to making sure we got the pictures that were important to us. Our wedding day ended up being cold and windy and she rolled with the punches in a way that we really appreciated - she definitely didn't let the rough weather keep her from getting all the pictures we wanted to have (and she did a great job of moving quickly to keep people from being in the cold for longer than necessary!). She was quick getting the final photos back to us (about 5 weeks), and they look BEAUTIFUL - Maria really has an eye for light, positioning, and capturing tender moments. As we looked through the pictures, we kept remarking that we had no idea she got many of the shots she did - she was so great about capturing shots without being intrusive or changing a moment. Maria did a great job making us feel comfortable and at ease, which is what we were most anxious about - she is so calm and approachable, and it makes the entire experience of being photographed feel easy. Maria is thoughtful, committed, and sincerely enthusiastic about the love she is capturing on a wedding day - we could tell that she took her job seriously and was sympathetic to us really wanting to have great pictures of such an important event.

Profile Picture Meredith, 10/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Maria was amazing through the whole process of planning. She was helpful and supportive. I would choose her again any day.

Profile Picture Marissa, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I would encourage anyone to book Maria as their photographer! She was incredibly professional in how she engaged with my parents and I as well as the wedding party and took some incredible photos! She also was just a joy to have around. We are very grateful we chose Maria to be our wedding photographer!

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I absolutely love Maria! She photographed my wedding and my sister's at our family's home in Rougemont, NC. We worked together to create a wedding timeline to make sure everything went smoothly on the day of my wedding and it worked wonders. The photos turned out to be everything I wanted and more. She was incredibly helpful with setting up poses and making sure we felt comfortable and happy with each set. Look no further, you've found your perfect wedding photographer!

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/14/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We decided to work with Maria after meeting her because she made us feel very relaxed. The main thing for us, aside from photo quality, was feeling comfortable and not like we had somebody hovering over is constantly. Maria made us feel comfortable that she would accommodate our wishes and complement our personalities well enough to get great shots. She gave us the confidence we were looking for in that she is professional and KNOWS weddings, and she was going to be laid back enough to keep us at ease. We really appreciated the insight she offered and she really made the entire experience so much easier. We would definitely hire Maria again for other photo shoots!

Profile Picture Elise, 4/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I love love love our wedding pictures done by Maria Estes Photography! She did an amazing job making sure we got the pictures we wanted, despite the freezing temperatures that day. She was very organized and helped get everyone into the proper pictures quickly and efficiently, despite the hectic nature of the wedding.
We absolutely recommend her and if we need pictures again, we will definitely book with Maria Estes Photography.

Profile Picture User6476485, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Maria was wonderful! She was professional, punctual, flexible, helpful, and so kind! I am not someone who feels "natural" in front of a camera, but she was so nice and laid back and helped put my nerves at ease. Her photo quality is excellent, and I was really happy with the end result! I couldn't have asked for better wedding photos. I also appreciated how prepared and thorough Maria was on the front of in knowing exactly what we wanted for our wedding day. I would recommend Maria any day!

Profile Picture Leah, 10/24/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files

If you are getting married, need portraits done or a family session run towards Maria! She did our engagement shoot, first look, ceremony and reception and her attention to detail came across in every shot. Maria planned everything out in a thoughtful manner, she listens to your needs and will bring your ideas to the next level. She uses the latest camera equipment and you can tell she is constantly looking to improve on her craft. We were having a smaller event and she was very flexible with adjusting to meet our needs. Besides being a talented professional Maria’s calm and warm personality are exactly what you need during a stressful day like your wedding or if you are someone who gets a little nervous in front of the camera.

Profile Picture Monique , 9/20/15, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, One Event/Day, Digital Files

My husband and I had a bit of a nontraditional wedding and Maria was there with us every step of the way. I found her business searching Facebook for recommended local wedding photographers and her appreciation for lighting and capturing the love and happiness in people's expression sold us right away. We had photography sessions and our wedding at North Carolina's Falls Lake. Some of the more memorable experiences with Maria included when I realized my bouquet was dripping water on my dress she immediately asked for it and simply dried it off on her sun dress and handed it back to me! She was forward and loving with telling Brenten and me where to stand, angling us in the most attractive poses for our body types, and capturing the moment. Look through her photos and you will see that she has an eye for capturing you in the best light and most flattering angle! That is something as a bride I hoped for, but didn't know how to ask for or how to do myself. Another standout moment with Maria was before the ceremony we were taking couple's shots by the lake along the tree line. She focused her camera on us and noticed there was a log in the frame that took away from the moment. She scooped down and dragged the log out of the frame and quickly returned to take the best shots of Brenten and me. Maria was open to meeting with me before the wedding day as many times as I wanted to go over our shared vision and the way the day would run. She asks the bride and groom to make a list of photos we want and our basic day-of schedule. She then puts together a concise and organized photography schedule to ensure time efficiency, a smooth day, and that not one of those special moments are missed! With all the bride and groom have to take care of, Maria's organization and thoughtfulness ensures that she will take care of the pictures and you just have to enjoy yourself. Maria truly loves what she does. She loves the commitment, adoration and passion that swirls around on a wedding da

Profile Picture Riley, 7/15/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I were very pleased with our wedding photos. We always get compliments about how beautiful they are. Working with Maria was a joy. She had her hands full because we had a very large wedding party, almost 50 people but she was able to stick to the schedule and complete all the shots we wanted in less than an hour including our couple portraits. I absolutely love our couple potraits, Maria came up with very creative shots. I highly recommend Maria for your wedding photography!

Profile Picture Keyah, 6/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Maria was such a joy to work with as we were planning our wedding and on the big day itself. Her pricing was so much more reasonable than anything else I could find, and her style is beautiful! She is super quick to respond and very much on top of things. I'm so thankful for her!

Profile Picture Tara, 5/30/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Second Shooter, High-Res Images, Digital Files

This review has been two years coming, and every time I look at our wedding pictures I am reminded how much having Maria as our photographer made our wedding day even more amazing. She was sooo responsive and supportive as well as extremely professional and so good at what she does! My advice to couples is to buy the full day. I was trying to stay within budget and only booked her for a few hours. After seeing her work, I wish I had just booked her for the entire day!

Profile Picture Erica, 4/18/15, 1 Review