Maria A Lugo,AWP Reviews

Maria A Lugo,AWP 6
Maria A Lugo,AWP 7
  • Maria

Maria · Married on 06/30/2018

I remember the moment I wanted to book Maria Lugo. We were getting to know each other on the phone and discussing wedding possibilities. I mentioned some décor I saw on her Instagram and she flat out told me it was out of my budget. I knew I needed someone honest to keep me grounded so that I didn’t lose sight of the budget and my wedding didn’t take over my life. At the same time, Maria always wants you to be happy and she has many creative solutions to help accommodate what you want. The vendors she recommends are top notch. If there’s any aspect of the wedding you’re not interested in being “hands on” you can trust the vendors she recommends to execute things flawlessly. On the rare occasion where we did have a misunderstanding with a vendor, we always felt comfortable talking to Maria and she always helped us clear things up. I don’t know how I would have managed without her! On the wedding day she was ON it. She has a way of multitasking, noticing little details that can be improved, while also being at a distance for you to just enjoy the day with your loved ones. I noticed her a couple hours before the ceremony where she helped sort out my accessories for details pictures, make sure my robe looked cute during the video, steamed one of my bridesmaid’s dress at the last minute, and this was just her interactions with me. She’s also making sure the vendors are on time, get paid, are setting up, and I assume other things that I can’t even fathom because I’m not a wedding planner. Once the wedding started, I only saw her a few times because she executes things behind the scenes while everyone is having fun. I’m so happy I didn’t have to think about anything during the wedding. Just the actual emotions of love, joy, celebrating, and having fun. My wedding was flawless and a huge reason is because of Maria’s impeccable work. The other reason is because my other vendors were also fantastic, and they were almost all recommended by Maria. The one exception was a music

Dina · Married on 06/23/2018

Working with Maria was a joy and a blessing! My Husband was the one who actually found Maria through wedding wire and together read through all her amazing reviews. Shortly after, we looked her up on Facebook and instantly fell in love with her sense of style. We reached out to her to set up an informational call and she responded promptly. During our call, we immediately feel in love with her energy and eagerness to work with us. She was extremely knowledgeable on Puerto Rico’s wedding laws and had an extensive list of very talented vendors at her disposal.

We had planned our wedding for October 7th, 2017 but had to postpone it to June due to Hurricane Maria. Maria kept in contact with us prior to and after the hurricane, and guided us through rescheduling the date and coordinated the planning process with all our vendors. Without a doubt everything turned out Amazing. Maria and her team of vendors made sure that our vision was implemented and exceeded our expectations. As you know, weddings can be hectic and things can get disorganized quickly. However, all everyone kept mentioning, was how impressed they were with how Maria coordinated our timeline and kept everything organized and on scheduled. She was there from the beginning to the end and made sure that everything ran smoothly. I don’t think we could have done it without her because she took charge of everything, which is why my husband and I were able to enjoy our big day! If anyone is looking for a destination wedding coordinator, I promise that you won’t fine anyone better than Maria! Best decision my husband and I made.

With Love,

Dina & Marcus

Maria A Lugo,AWP 9
  • Robin

Robin · Married on 06/09/2018

If you are looking for a destination-wedding planner, YOU HAVE FOUND HER! Maria is well organized, prepared, flexible, cool under pressure and a pleasure to work/celebrate with! Our wedding was slated for October 14, 2017 but Hurricane Maria devastated the island on Sept. 20th; while preparing for the hurricane, Maria was contacting me the night before to reassure me that everything would be fine no matter what (dedication to her craft!!!!). We rescheduled our wedding for June 9, 2018 and every detail was breathtaking. Like Maria says, “Salió de show”! We could not be more pleased with her and her group of contacts who truly cared about our day and us. Thank you so much Maria Lugo for all your hard work and all the love you put into every detail!

• I

Irene · Married on 05/30/2018

Maria Lugo has a reputation as you can see by her reviews that precedes herself. When my husband and I first decided to do a destination wedding I felt it necessary to hire a wedding planner to help facilitate all of our needs due to our busy lives and the distance. After careful research we found Maria and were able to meet her in our hometown during a destination wedding expo. Well I think we could say - It was love at first sight! :) Maria has a way about her that is just salt to the earth. As our wedding planner she exemplified what we needed and wanted. She was honest, provided exceptional recommendations, was detailed in our planning and extremely organized. On my wedding day every single second was seamless and effortless. There was not one single hiccup. I must say Maria takes extreme pride in what she does and engulfs it in a friendly warmness that makes you instantly comfortable. Thank you Maria for everything you did! You made our special day a memory filled with beauty and joy that will stay in our hearts forever. As you would say - we made a forever friend! - Fidencio and Irene :)

Awilda · Married on 05/19/2018

My husband and I got married on 05/19/2018 in Restaurant Zafra del Caribe at Gurabo PR and Maria Lugo was our wedding coordinator. She was GREAT in every sense of the word. She was available when we needed her by phone, text, or to meet in person. She was very professional and very organized. I knew since my first phone call with her that she was the one and I was not wrong. Her list of suppliers and her recommendations were the best. She was great in providing her input and understanding our needs and wishes. During the wedding day, both her and her assistant were AMAZING!!! If you are getting married in PR on a destination wedding or a regular wedding, don't hesitate to have Maria as your wedding coordinator. You will be very pleased with the results.

Latisha · Married on 05/12/2018

Maria Lugo is hands down the best wedding planner! Her name alone carries so much respect on the island (Puerto Rico). When I first started the wedding planning process, I decided to go at it alone. Then, hurricane Maria happened and I knew I needed help. I interviewed several wedding planners via phone and quickly realized that getting a wedding planner involved halfway through the process could be problematic especially when it came to pricing. Not with Maria though! Where other wedding planners were all about trying to push me to commit as quick as possible, Maria was very thorough, answering all my questions, and never once mentioned signing any contract until I came back to her to let her know that I wanted to work with her. Throughout the wedding planning process she connected me with the best vendors for my vision. She let me send wedding favors to her address and also let me send payments to her for vendors that didn’t accept e-payments. Above all, she made my wedding a BREEZE. She took charge the whole wedding week which was definitely not easy with MANY MANY personalities that come with families and friends like mine and my husband’s. She got everyone in line and ensured that our wedding day ran seamlessly. She even won my super bossy Puerto Rican mom over haha. Seriously she is GREAT. I felt confident in her expertise every step of the way! Thank you thank you THANK YOU MARIA!

Betsy · Married on 04/05/2018

Maria was so valuable to us during our destination wedding planning! She is so organized and has been through the process so many times, that she can answer any questions and always knows what to do. She handled our anxiety and nerves so well and was quick to solve any problems that came up throughout the process. When planning a wedding from afar, you need someone like her to guide you through the very complicated and exhausting process. We simply could not have gotten married without her, and we would recommend her to everyone who wants to get married in Puerto Rico!

• Gabriella

Gabriella · Married on 03/02/2018

Working with Maria was a huge success! It was a relief on our wedding day knowing that she was fully in charge of everything and allowed us to enjoy all of it! Her advice and relationship with local vendors is impressive. We all felt like family. Planning with Maria is a lot of fun she has a wonderful personality, she is honest and has the expertise. If you are planning a destination wedding in Puerto Rico I would highly recommend Maria!

Maria A Lugo,AWP 10
    Maria A Lugo,AWP 17
    Maria A Lugo,AWP 18
  • Jesenia

Jesenia · Married on 02/25/2018

I wish there were more than 5 stars for this rating as the service we received from Maria was exceptional!!!!!!

I found Maria through 2 other weddings she planned at the venue we were interested in. From the very beginning of meeting to the last moments even after the wedding have been everything we dreamed of and more because of her. She was there for me through every step of the way. Her style and uniqueness is what I love most and I would not make a planning or design decision without her. Everyone from my guests to others that saw some of the footage from my wedding will not stop talking about how beautiful everything was and how it was the best wedding they have ever been to. We will never forget our wedding weekend in Puerto Rico and we give all our thanks to Maria and our amazing team of vendors.

I will forever be great for her service and friendship.

Truly the best in the business and absolute must if you are looking to get married in Puerto Rico

xoxoxo
    Jesenia & Christopher Espinal

Maria A Lugo,AWP 19

Cale · Married on 12/30/2017

I cannot say enough amazing things about our wedding planner, Maria Lugo. My wife and I are from Seattle so it was very important for us to find someone we trusted with our special day. Within minutes of meeting Maria, it was obvious that she was that someone.

Maria's professionalism, work ethic and attention to detail is unmatched. She guided us, flawlessly, every step along the way.

Maria truly is THE BEST!!!

Maria A Lugo,AWP 20

Kyrah · Married on 12/03/2017

I just came back from meeting Maria A Lugo and I must say "she is amazing'! My wedding schedule for 12/3/2017 and I am super excited to work with her! You can tell that she loves what she does and is very good at it! Without even signing my contract she spent hours with me touring my venue and providing lots of suggestions. She also picked me up from my hotel and took me to AKUA and spent more of her time with me! She is very respected and everyone that asked who I was working with spoke highly over her!! I kept hearing "your working with the best"! I am excited to have her on my team!!

VIRGINIA BEACH CLIENT

Maria · Married on 12/02/2017

We cannot say enough good things about Maria Lugo! As the mother of the bride, living half way across the USA, we were thrilled our "kids" chose Maria Lugo to coordinate their wedding. Maria Lugo is an expert wedding planner who has an incredible work ethic. She is professional, efficient and a must have! Maria did all the ground work for us. From suggesting vendors to coaching us on what to look for in a good vendor to supporting us with all our questions, she was outstanding. She helped us by coordinating contracts with the venue, rentals and caterer for the Rehearsal Dinner. Savvy and experienced, Maria skillfully took care of all the details, executing our wishes, all while keeping us informed via text and email in a timely fashion. Her recommendations for vendors were wonderful. Everyone she recommended was professional, friendly and of excellent quality. She took charge without over stepping and was in constant communication with us by phone/email/text the entire year. Every potential "problem" that arose Maria had a solution and answers for and took care of it immediately. The day of the wedding was 100% stress free and it was so organized that we only had to worry about getting ready for the wedding. Maria did a spectacular job coordinating the day, the vendors, the details, as well as setting up the venue. Working with Maria Lugo seemed more like we were working with someone we knew thanks to her friendly demeanor and her personalized suggestions. It never seemed like Maria dreaded doing a single thing for our daughter’s wedding; she is obviously someone who loves her job. Everyone who attended the wedding said it was the best or one of the best weddings they had ever been to. Most people mentioned the attention to detail, which was all Maria. Hiring Maria Lugo was the absolute best decision we made during the entire wedding planning process. We highly recommend Maria Lugo for anyone who needs an expert wedding/event planner. Keshia & Cale Wedding.

Gina · Married on 10/20/2017

Maria Lugo went above and beyond our expectations. Prior to hiring Maria, we had gone through a couple of planners, and were dissatisfied immediately. Upon meeting Maria, we knew right away that she would get the job done. Not only did she get the job done, she did it timely, accurately, and with flair & style! She makes herself available and no question goes unanswered. She has a very strong character with a great heart. She does what she loves and it definitely shows in every way. Our wedding day flowed perfectly and if I had to choose one word to describe that day, it would be MAGICAL. Maria Lugo #1!!!

Diane · Married on 05/07/2017

I started the destination wedding planning by doing it myself, big mistake! Having Maria as our planner was the best decision we made. She was very helpful through the planning process, and helping to get the license in Puerto Rico. . On the actually wedding day she made everything flow perfectly so we could concentrate on our special day and guests! At the end of the evening all of our wedding items were neatly packed and put into our room by her and her staff. She is excellent and a good communicator.

Liliana · Married on 03/18/2017

Maria helped us design, plan and have the wedding of our dreams! She is very knowledgeable and has amazing ideas to make your big day memorable. She answered all my questions and doubts during the wedding planning process. Also, her recommended vendors are the best! She will make sure that everything runs smoothly in your wedding day. You won't have to worry about anything that day. She and her team will take care of all the details and of the unexpected situations. Thanks Maria for all you did for us. We will be forever grateful!.

Mari · Married on 11/12/2016

We were having a destination wedding in OSJ, PR with 75 guests. Unfortunately, the current wedding planner we had was not a good fit for us and we parted ways. We were so worried as we were 10 weeks before the wedding date. Upon the recommendation of a local friend, she introduced us to Maria Lugo. By some miracle she had our wedding date/weekend open. She jumped right in and took charge. Words cannot begin to express how amazing and professional Maria is. We had a very “outside the box” foodie wedding weekend. 10 weeks before our wedding we still didn’t have service for the welcome dinner, décor, lighting… you name it, we didn’t have it. She executed everything right away. She completely saved our wedding. We had the most memorable and beautiful weekend imaginable and none of it could have been done without her. She is so organized and absolutely knows what she is doing. As stated, our wedding weekend was not traditional and outside the box. We had a black tie, 6 course wine paired wedding dinner and attention to detail and proper execution was a must. Maria executed everything to perfection. She has many vendors and connections and she knows how to create your vision. If I had a question about anything, she was always prompt to answer and available. She literally was my fairy godmother!

Maria Lugo is so special. If you want a typical pre-packaged wedding in a box, I’m sure she will be happy to do that and she’ll do it beautifully. However, she is so much more than that! If you want a spectacular wedding of your dreams, Maria Lugo is it. We are so lucky to have found such an amazing wedding planner, whom we now consider a friend and holds such a special place in our hearts. It is no surprise why she is THE BEST in Puerto Rico. Hiring Maria was the best decision we ever made. Please know that with Maria you will get a truly gifted professional and such class. If I could give her 10 stars, I would. We love Maria!

Casey · Married on 11/05/2016

We were so fortunate to have Maria as our wedding coordinator. She helped us put together the best vendor team. Her suggestions were on point! Her ideas, knowledge, and experience are invaluable. It is evident that everyone knows and respects Maria and the work she does. Maria worked with us on every small detail...She even helped us coordinate a spa day for the bridal party. We were able to plan the entire wedding without making a trip to San Juan, which was necessary due to our crazy schedules. Maria made this possible and we never had a doubt in our mind that she was guiding us wonderfully. When we got to town she was able to take us to get all of the documents required to be legally married in Puerto Rico, which was very very helpful. The whole wedding planning process was fun and as stress free as possible thanks to Maria!

Stephen · Married on 06/18/2016

My wife and I at first were skeptical about hiring a wedding planner as we weren't crystal clear about the value they would bring to our process. After interviewing several wedding planners for our destination wedding, it became clear that having a wedding planner would be a necessity for us. We chose Maria Lugo as she acted with the utmost professionalism, was a great communicator and very easy to work with. From the beginning, Maria took the time to ask us questions and find out what we valued most. In addition to this, she always provided several vendors and offered her candid opinion on whom provided the best work for an optimal price point. In summary, Maria was terrific to deal with from start to finish, paid very close attention to all the details, and had a knack for anticipating all of our needs.

• Dimara

Dimara · Married on 06/11/2016

Thank you for making my dream wedding come true!!

Lisa · Married on 06/03/2016

My story is probably a little different than most. I contracted Maria pretty late in the planning process with only 4 months to go. Unfortunately, I had a terrible experience with my previous planner and didn't know what else to do. After reaching out to Maria (who came highly recommended by one of our venues), she immediately responded with such professionalism and excitement, and thankfully she was available for our date!

Thanks to Maria, our wedding was everything we imagined and more. She really understood my vision and executed it to the fullest. Not only is she a true professional, but every single person she works with is held to the highest of standards as well. This is SO important when having a destination wedding. My only regret is that I wish I would have found her sooner!

Megan · Married on 05/28/2016

Hiring Maria as your wedding planner will be the best decision you make for your wedding. She knew and recommended the best vendors. She had beautiful, unique ideas. It is very clear that she loves what she does and because of that she was so much fun to be around. All the venues and vendors we spoke to knew who Maria was and clearly respected her and held her in high regard. She's extremely responsive and worked with numerous members of my family to get their questions answered. Maria and her team are highly organized, and didn't miss a single detail during the wedding which is remarkable because our wedding had a ton of small unique details. I planned my wedding for a year and it was more beautiful, stress-free, and romantic than I could have every imagined and I thank Maria entirely for it :) We love Maria!

Chelsea · Married on 05/20/2016

I read reviews on WeddingWire to find my wedding planner and took a chance on Maria. I was not disappointed. Maria made planning my destination wedding so easy. She worked behind the scenes with vendors to make sure everything went flawlessly. She even gave me a ride to the Cathedral and back when our transportation fell through. She was very flexible. Maria is so fun and easy to work with. She had every small detail covered.

kristen · Married on 03/20/2016

Planning a destination wedding from the states is not easy, but from the start Maria made me feel like family! She was readily available and had great ideas to help me work within my budget while still allowing us to keep our wedding full of class! Every vendor she suggested to us was perfect. My husband and I said after the wedding was over,"I don't think I would have changed anything, everything was perfect!" Maria met us at every appointment and helped point us in the right direction. She even incorporated all of my pinterest decorations that I wanted to use into our ceremony and reception! When things seemed to feel stressful for me, it lasted about five minutes, as Maria and I would laugh about something and move onto our next task. I look forward to our next visit to PR as I consider Maria a friend. Thank you for everything, our day was perfect:)

Kelly · Married on 03/11/2016

Maria Lugo was hands down the best decision I made when planning my destination wedding. I'm honestly unable to imagine having to take care of all the last minute details myself, or burden a guest with those responsibilities. Maria had our entire wedding weekend running like a well oiled machine and it allowed me and my family to focus on just enjoying the moment. Marias list of recommended vendors is exceptional and she completely understood the vibe I wanted with my decorations. She communicated on my behalf to vendors to make sure the look we wanted was what was executed. Look no further, Maria is the one vendor you can't live without and she will plan you the wedding of your dreams!