Mari Darr~Welch: Modern Photojournalist Reviews

30 Reviews for Mari Darr~Welch: Modern Photojournalist

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Jill · Married on 11/03/2018

10,000 words

Mari is an amazing photographer and we are so glad she was able to capture our engagement photos and the whole weekend of our wedding. She was easy to work with since we are similar people: fun loving, no nonsense!

Haley · Married on 04/07/2018

Mari always produces the most amazing work. She has been doing photography for my family since I was a child and I am very excited for her to be a part of my special day!

Jasper · Married on 08/07/2015

We had an absolute blast with Mari! She took amazing photos of my wife and I on the beach and we highly recommend anyone looking to have pictures done, check her out! We couldn't have asked for a more perfect setting and photographer to capture the moment!

• JDubs

Jill · Married on 07/25/2015

I LOVED my wedding photos. Mari Darr-Welch was awesome to work with. She has a great sense of humor and an artistic eye. She was unobtrusive but caught beautiful photos catching sincere emotions. My photos are creative, artistic and gorgeous. She posted a few of my best photos on her facebook page right away, and was extremely fast in getting me my photos. She was also very responsive and was flexible, especially when the night before my wedding we found out there was road construction outside the house where we were staying and that there might be long delays getting to the house and then out to the wedding venue. Highly Recommended!

Hadon · Married on 05/30/2015

She was fun and GREAT to work with. Wonderful person and an outstanding photographer. She didn't take the typical beach wedding pics that everyone has, she made it all unique and beautiful. I honestly didn't know I could look that good in Photographs!

Jane · Married on 05/02/2015

Had a terrific time with this photographer- our family made arrangements with Mari earlier in the year and it was well worth it! We had alot of laughs and the pictures captured that.

Katelyn · Married on 04/26/2014

Mari is not only an amazing photographer, but has an amazing personality to go with it. She will do whatever it takes to get the perfect shot! Loving my "sneak peek" pictures so far!

Sandy · Married on 02/15/2014

We could not have had a better experience with a photographer than Mari. She was responsive to inquiries, cooperative, pleasant, energetic and creative. Her personality allowed everyone to relax and have fun, and seeing her experience handling of all involved makes us confident that the photos will be great. Mari worked hard to scout out photogenic shots and I was impressed with all the work she did before she event made the shots. She also exhibited extreme patience, something necessary when dealing with time crunches and a huge group of people. I was so pleased I found Mari, and I was also relieved to be able to turn everything over to her and trust her wisdom and experience. She was such a bright spot in our wedding experience.

Harold · Married on 07/06/2013

We could not be more pleased! Mari was able to so expertly capture every essence of our love for each other. And she did it all with just two weeks notice!

Rona · Married on 05/29/2012

Mari was a great photographer on our big day! She came to the house and did preparation shots, she had a fantastic kit that saved the day when my dress kept threatening to turn on me, and her sense of humour kept us all laughing! And above all, the photos she took were gorgeous; we couldn't be more pleased.

Stacie · Married on 04/14/2012

This photographer took incredible photos at our wedding. She was professional but really fun. She was receptive to every request we had during the wedding on photos we wanted. She puts her whole heart into her product and it really shows. She was super quick to respond to emails and phone calls, which really eases a bride's stress. She answered every question we had quickly. She worked with us for a custom package, so we got exactly what we wanted. The pictures came out stunning and she was so worth the money. I highly recommend this photographer to any bride.

Linda · Married on 12/31/2011

Mari did a great job! We had a lot of family group shots and took every shot we wanted. Awesome candids of New Year's Eve balloon drop and sparklers! I will (and have!) recommend her to others.

Hilary · Married on 12/17/2011

I had no doubts when hiring Mari to take photos of the most important day of my life. I had seen her work and knew she had a great reputation so I hired her without interviewing any other photographers. She has a great amount of energy and loves her job. She gives 100% to every client and that is evident in everything she does. The only thing I was worried about was getting family pictures with my young nieces and nephew, but she worked her magic and they took perfect pictures and gave her their full attention! Mari will be our family's photographer until she retires!

Julie · Married on 11/11/2011

Great Personality. She proved to be very knowledgable, capable, and creative. Photos are amazing!

Susan · Married on 10/22/2011

Mari is such a great photographer! We love our wedding pictures! I highly recommend
    her!

• Amy

Amy · Married on 10/03/2011

Mari was amazing!!! She really captured our day beautifully and was not afraid to get her feet wet, literally. She will do what it takes to get the perfect shot, and with a smile on her face. I recommend her to everyone,I didn't even notice she was there, but she had pictures of every detail!

Kathleen · Married on 09/10/2011

Mari was very helpful and gave us several opportunities to laugh, have fun, and enjoy our photography sessions. She is wonderful and i recommend her to any bride & groom

Megan · Married on 09/02/2011

Mari is awesome. No doubt about it. I had a destination wedding in Jamaica and was unsure about using a photographer I couldn't meet prior, so I did my research and found Mari out of FL. Her creativity and knowledge of photography is amazing! She knows the right colors to go with a certain outfit as well as settings to go with your appearance. Now that I am expecting a baby in 6 months, I know we will be traveling to FL to have the lil one's first pictures done by Mari. Aside from her obvious talent, she is a great person. Never an awkward or dull moment. Highly recommend Mari, and I promise you will be satisfied:)

Ellen · Married on 11/13/2010

We started working with Mari this summer while planning for a November wedding. Her enthusiasm for photography was evident from the very beginning. We saw examples of her work and knew that she had other weddings that she was working on, yet felt as though we were the only wedding 'on deck.' She was responsive to all of our questions, and our concerns were her concerns. Now about the quality of her work - The wedding pictures are absolutely beautiful. They could have been from any gorgeous magazine spread. Mari, Monika, and Deb had photos of moments I never saw and groups I never organized; they just took care of all the little details. If you look at Mari's website and think your pictures couldn't look that wonderful, they will. A wedding photographer once told me that if you splurge on the food, the venue, the dress, etc. and feel that you have to scrimp on the photographer, you're wrong.......in ten years the pictures are all you'll have. Having said that, Mari's prices are competitive with other photographers in the area, but you get so much more. I can't say enough good things about our experience with Mari, Monika, and Deb. They manage to be down to earth and professional at the same time. Also, they blended so well with the wedding guests, like they knew everyone there; definitely part of the party.

Samantha · Married on 10/23/2010

Mari is amazing!!!! I can not say enough good things about her! She will listen to what you want and make it happen and she is so creative at capturing the best pictures! She even set up a slide show at the end of the night of some of the pictures for guests to look at! I love every single one of the pictures that she captured and she really does make your wedding day fun and capture every moment! Thank you, Mari!!! I would reccommend her to everyone who needs a photographer in this area for any reason!

Brandy · Married on 10/02/2010

Choosing a photographer was one of the most important steps in planning our wedding because we wanted the special moments documented for a lifetime of reminders. Mari beyond delivered! She met with us prior to the wedding date to scope out the location and get to know us a little. When we saw her drop to her belly on the ground to “check out a potential shot”, we knew we had found the right photographer. She absolutely LOVES what she does and it shows in her work. Mari is prompt and responsive. She sees special moments almost before they happen and documents them in a way that tells your story. She makes you look great and natural in the photographs. She is far more reasonable than some of the insanely high priced photographers in South Walton (some quoted $10,000+), but her work is top notch. There is truly “Something About Mari” that made our day special!

Kelly · Married on 08/07/2010

Mari was fantastic! She brought a lot of creativity to our wedding photos and we couldn't be happier with the photos. Mari was fun to have around too, while also making good use of the limited time we had between the ceremony and reception. We liked her so much we scheduled a "trash the dress" photo session with her for a couple days after our wedding. The pictures turned out phenomenal. We have gotten so many compliments on these photos and it was a really fun session to do. I highly recommend it (plus my dress cleaned right up - you'd never know it was in the ocean for a couple hours!).

Desiree · Married on 09/21/2008

We absolutely loved Mari and loved how she was able to capture our wedding exactly how we imagined!! We will be coming back to her when we need professional pictures. Thank you so much Mari we couldn't have asked for anyone better. You were awesome!! And you will always be in our thoughts. Thank you --Emmanuel and Desiree Reyna

rachel · Married on 06/07/2008

wonderful work! very creative! fun, unique photographer! many years experience! answers every phone call or calls back as soon as she gets message!! very very reliable and excellent work! i found her over the internet and thank god she was amazing, reliable, & awesome work!!!!!!!!!!!! my pictures are GORGEOUS!!!!

Aaron · Married on 04/14/2008

Have you heard of the movie titled "There's Something About Mary?" Well, let us tell you, that there is "Something" about our Mari, "Something Incredibly Special." Our wedding day celebration would have been good, but thanks to Mari, our wedding day celebration was beyond great, in fact, beyond our wildest imaginations. Mari not only provided exceptional photography services, but was instrumental in helping us with choosing the right beach location for the most special day of our lives. Mari worked extremely well with the other professionals involved in our wedding, the videographer and wedding planner. We knew immediately upon meeting Mari that we had made the "Right" decision. Mari's passion for photography is evident and her enthusiasm is infectious. We cannot thank Mari Darr Welch enough for being able to capture the right moments in time, every time the shudder on her camera clicks. Everyone who has seen the photos of our wedding has commented how extraordinary they are, in fact, many of our friends have stated that they wish their wedding photos could have been as outstanding as ours. We had such a great time with Mari on our wedding day, that we hired her again a few days later to take some additional "just for fun" photos. We are a discriminating couple when it comes to getting great service, and when it comes to photography, you'll find none better than Mari's Paradise Images.

Exceptionally satisfied customers, Aaron and Rita Leopold