Margaret's Cleaners Reviews

Margaret's Cleaners 7
  • Alexandra

Alexandra · Getting married on 06/03/2021

Beautiful Alterations Work!!

When I first picked up my dress from the Bridal Salon and tried it on, I panicked! It was too big and I thought there was no way it would ever fit right. I took the dress to Naomi at Margaret's and knew instantly that I had made the right choice! Naiomi is wonderful, friendly, and does incredible work!! My dress looked amazing, and they even packaged it to keep it perfectly safe for our cross-country flight.

Sent on 04/19/2019
  • Amy

Amy Avnet · Getting married on 06/02/2020

Friendly and Professional

Naomi was the best! So kind and thoughtful and personalized my dress beyond my wildest dreams. Very affordable too

Sent on 04/24/2019
    Margaret's Cleaners 8

Elizabeth Pretto Kerekes · Married on 12/31/2018

Amazing Cleaning and Resoration for our Family Wedding Gown! Dress was first worn 1957 then 1983, and 1986! Dress was restored and the service and skill of Margaret’s was impeccable! Worth every penny!

Sent on 01/23/2019

Margaret's Cleaners's reply:

Thank you for trusting us with your family heirloom! We hope with the restorations you can use it for years to come!
  • Kiana

Kiana · Married on 12/07/2018

A Dream Come True!

My wedding was on December 7, 2018. Sometime in January 2018 I had the very good fortune of running into Margaret's cleaners and their fabulous ladies at the San Diego Wedding Expo. I had my mom's dress from when she got married over 30 years ago. She was quite thin and I have some extra love handles, lol I was debating on whether to use my mom's dress or buy a new one because I was skeptical that it wouldn't be or look like my dream dress and I didn't want to ruin my mom's dress. The dress was pretty heavily 80's to include the huge puffy arm ruffles. So I stopped by Margaret's Cleaners booth and spoke to Naomi Miller and she showed me some of her before/after dresses she had worked on. It was impressive enough to get me to go in to their shop for a consultation with my dress. We went over every detail I wanted done, Naomi took every single idea of mine and turned it into a masterpiece. She would advise where my ideas needed to be tweaked and why it needed to be tweaked but never once did she ever make me feel like my ideas were weird instead she would show enthusiasm for them. She has the patience of a God as I had many different changes and she would smile and be excited for them. Naomi did not have an easy job as I went in with my mom and my aunt and we were all very opinionated, LOL Naomi was so accommodating, respectful and a true professional. The end result was me in happy tears and Naomi joined me in my tearful joy. When I tell you that this girl pours her heart and soul into making your vision come to life, it's an understatement. The best part is that it was ridiculously affordable. The final dress came in an amazing package that looked like i had just gone to purchase the dress at a super expensive store. In closing, Naomi Miller from Margaret's cleaners is nothing short of a miracle worker, her skills are unparalleled, she treats her customers like family/friend and she is the sweetest person I've ever met, so much so, we still keep in touch today.

Sent on 04/17/2019
    Margaret's Cleaners 9
    Margaret's Cleaners 10

Jeremy · Married on 11/24/2018

Wedding Dress of my Dreams!

Naomi did an amazing job with the alterations on my dress. I had so many people tell me no they couldn’t do what I was asking for and Naomi made it happen without any hesitation. I initially purchased my dress as a strapless. I wanted to add a halter top made out of lace. The biggest trouble we had was sourcing the lace and Naomi took care of everything. She found the lace, met with me 3 times for fitting and finished my dream dress! Not only did she add the topper, she also added buttons to the back, added a belt and bustle. I would trust Naomi to do all my alterations. Everything turned out so great, without any hassle and wonderful customer service. Thank you Naomi for making the dress of my dreams :)

Becky Artaserse (Nelson)

Sent on 01/02/2019
    Margaret's Cleaners 11
    Margaret's Cleaners 12
    Margaret's Cleaners 13
    Margaret's Cleaners 14
    Margaret's Cleaners 15

Margaret's Cleaners's reply:

Thank you so much Becky! I'm so happy that everything came out the way you wanted, it was such a pleasure to be a part of your bridal experience! I love getting to work on custom pieces, thank you for trusting me with your gorgeous design!

Geri · Married on 10/21/2018

I took my mom’s 63 year old dress in to be cleaned for my daughters wedding. It has been worn 8 times, by my mom, my sisters, my niece, and myself. It is a family heirloom that was in sad shape. It was yellowed and the lace was very worn in places, the buttons were also worn. I couldn’t believe how beautiful it was when I got it back. They even saved the buttons they took off, so I could make some keepsakes with them. Thank you Amy and your team! My daughter looks so beautiful in the dress!

Sent on 10/09/2018
    Margaret's Cleaners 16
    Margaret's Cleaners 17
    Margaret's Cleaners 18

Grace · Married on 08/31/2018

My daughter wore my wedding gown. Margaret's altered the gown to fit today's styles. Our daughter's dress was spectacular! She looked like a princess on her special day!

Sent on 08/02/2017

P · Married on 08/23/2018

They handled cleaning of my wedding gown prior to alterations. It was done perfextly.

Sent on 08/20/2018

P · Married on 08/23/2018

Did a great job cleaning a Couture wedding gown off the rack from a high end wedding gown store in Corona Del Mar.. It looked like it was brand new! I got so many compliments on the gown!

Sent on 08/28/2018
  • Helene

Helene · Married on 08/10/2018

great service

I had my wedding dress pressed here before my wedding day. Margaret's was recommended by both my wedding planner and venue. They both said they were the only cleaners they would trust with a wedding gown. They were timely and professional. I can see why they come so highly recommended.

Sent on 11/14/2018
  • Megan

Megan Katje · Married on 08/03/2018

Fantastic!

From the first appointment, Naomi took great care to make sure my dress was tailored to fit well with my choice of wedding shoes (white converse) and ensured to take the dress in enough. Her work was phenomenal, and I couldn’t be happier with how my dress turned out! It fit perfectly! I would recommend her to anyone needing alterations! Thank you again!

Sent on 05/10/2019
    Margaret's Cleaners 19
    Margaret's Cleaners 20
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 07/27/2018

Hidden Gem- Naomi has some serious talent!

I met Naomi at a bridal show and she saw a picture of my dress and was as excited to alter it as I was to wear it. I was sold! I loved working with Naomi. She's very kind, welcoming and warm and she makes you feel like the only bride she has when you're in your fitting. I do have one word of advice- Listen to Naomi when she tells you to hang out in your dress a little. Sit down in your dress. Bend over in your dress. Give her a hug in your dress. Do a little jig in your dress. Do ALL the things you think you may do during the wedding because the fit of your dress changes as you move. I did not follow her advice and my dress ended up being too large on top (my fault). Naomi is an expert and the amount of schooling she has been to backs that up. She also creates wedding dresses from scratch if you like. Overall, go see Naomi. She's the real deal and will be sure to make your dress fit like a glove (if you listen to her). Love Naomi- love Margarets. Highly recommend them!

Sent on 01/26/2019

Gabby · Married on 07/22/2018

I took my wedding gown and veil to Margaret's to be pressed for a post-wedding photo shoot. I chose Margaret's for its excellent reputation in the bridal industry. I was very impressed with the quality of their work, as my dress looked like new when I picked it up! Margaret's had packaged my dress and delicate veil very nicely to ensure they stayed wrinkle-free, and I could tell they were both handled with great care. I will definitely return to Margaret's for their services in the future as I know my clothes will be in good hands.

Sent on 08/31/2018

MICKI · Married on 07/15/2018

Very personsble,informative,took their time to explain everything to me. Highly recommend!!😃

Highly recommend Margaret's Cleaners!! Very friendly,knowledgable. Took their time to show me the process.

Sent on 02/08/2019

Emily · Married on 07/01/2018

Margaret's went above and beyond! They even touched up a few stains on my gown for free when
    I took my wrinkly dress in to get steamed before the wedding :) Will be bringing it back for preserving!

• W

Wendy · Married on 06/16/2018

Amy was wonderful and Margaret’s delivery service was a God send!! My daughters gown was pressed beautifully, packaged so it stayed spotless, and delivered to the venue so it remained wrinkle free!

• Connie

Connie · Married on 05/26/2018

Naomi Naomi Naomi! There are not enough words to thank you enough for the work you put into my wedding dress! My wedding dress was a 2 piece dress, long train satin skirt over a lace cocktail dress. I fell in love with the idea of having a surprise father-daughter dance where I would twirl and rip off my skirt to reveal my cocktail dress underneath and then break out into free dance with my dad before the guests joined in on the dance floor. To make this happen, my skirt had to be hemmed and bustled and extra clasps added to the top of the skirt to ensure a smooth reveal. My cocktail dress also had to be taken in around the bust, waist, and hips. Naomi worked her magic and the skirt held up throughout the ceremony and reception and came off effortlessly when it was time for the big surprise. Naomi was so patient with me and my mom as we discussed what we wanted with the dress and options and ideas on how to make the dress fit better without breaking the bank, like adding $15-20 bra cups to the dress to avoid having to deal with any bras or bra straps in general! I believe the prices at Margarets is definitely reasonable for the amount of time and effort Naomi puts into all her alterations. All in all my alterations came out to $520, but if you spend over $500 in alterations you get a free pressing before your wedding (a $220 value for my 2 piece dress). Honestly I thought pressing dresses before the wedding was maybe an expense I could cut, but thankfully I did not (and mine was included with my alteration) because pressing really does make a difference! Super happy with the service and workmanship at Margarets and will highly recommend Naomi to future brides!

Sent on 06/24/2018
    Margaret's Cleaners 27
    Margaret's Cleaners 28
  • Morgan

Morgan · Married on 05/05/2018

The amount that David's wanted to charge me wasn't much cheaper than what Margaret's Cleaners was going to charge me for alterations of my gown. However, I know the quality of work will be higher because only one person will be altering my gown, and it's the person who consulted with me during my initial visit. For that quality customer service, I'm definitely willing to spend a few more dollars.

Sent on 10/01/2017

Susan · Married on 04/28/2018

The dress came back looking new. Great job.

Kristen · Married on 12/16/2017

Naomi was amazing! Did a terrific job on my grandmas wedding dress
    It was expensive, but they gave me many discounts I was able to work with

Sent on 01/26/2018

Robyn · Married on 11/18/2017

This company does an AMAZING job! They did my wedding dress, my sister's, and my mother's, along with many other dresses for events. The price is well worth the quality!

Sent on 05/09/2018

Paris · Married on 11/11/2017

Margarets is hands down the best location for everything bridal. Once you have found your gown and need alterations to make it your own, there is no question but using margarets. Naomi is their incredible seamstress and completely created my dream come true by tailoring it to me like a glove, she added rhinestones, heading, took it in, and added a petty coat underneath. After not getting my original gown from Alfred Angelo when they went bankrupt I had to find a gently used dress. Naomi completely made it brand new again and Amy from Margarets ensured it would be cleaned just like new (& of course it was!) my mother in law had her 5 layers of gown taken up and of course it was perfect too! After nearly 5 sessions of me wanting to continue to add to the dress Naomi continued her hardworking empathetic and sincere hard work and made all my dreams come true! My gown is now ready to be preserved and I would have no other company do this job! I am so happy with their services and will use them not for all things alterations, cleaning and preserving! So glad I found Margarets!

Sent on 01/04/2018
    Margaret's Cleaners 29

Jennifer · Married on 10/27/2017

Very professional, I felt like my dress was in great hands!

Sent on 04/03/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 10/21/2017

Naomi is amazing! She fit me in with a short time to alter my dress.

Sent on 12/14/2017