Margaret's Cleaners Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner

Katie G. Married on 09/27/2021

Fantastic and professional alterations

Naomi did my alterations and was nothing but professional. She was able to work with my travel schedule (I live out of state) and did my alterations in two appointments vs the normal 3 to save me an extra trip out. My dress fit absolutely perfect thanks to Naomi. I would absolutely recommend her to anyone needing dress alterations.
  • Ann
    Ann H. Married on 08/09/2021

Exceeded expectations

Margaret Cleaners restored my mother's 70 yr old wedding lace dress perfectly. Naomi worked magic and redesigned it to be modern and fit perfect. Naomi was flexible with my schedule for fittings, receptive to my ideas, and was able to create the dress I envisioned. Everything about Margarets is great. I highly recommend them for restoration and alterations and redesign of something old to something new.

Margaret's Cleaners's reply:

Thank you Annie! I loved getting to work with you, and getting to know you and your girls! Congratulations to you and your family!
    Nadia Married on 06/19/2021

Excellent service

Naomi fitted my wedding dress. My dress had sleeves and a ton of lace but she but that was no problem for Naomi. She took in the waist and adjusted the train. I highly recommend her services because she is very professional, quick and the quality of her work is fantastic. She is also a pleasure to be around and I enjoyed the entire process with her. Thanks Naomi!
    Jillian L. Married on 06/06/2021

Wedding dress press

This place was AMAZING! They got my wedding dress back in a timely matter after it was extremely wrinkled from being in a bag during Covid due to my wedding being post-poned. Very friendly and efficient!
    Vanessa C. Married on 06/05/2021

An amazing experience!

From the second you step into Margaret’s everyone you meet is so personable and welcoming, and they explain their process, all the steps and timeline to come depending on what you are looking for. I worked with Naomi to restore and alter my 98 year old Grandma’s wedding dress (74 year old dress) that had never been cleaned or preserved. Naomi and I worked closely to accomplish my vision that changed multiple times throughout the two years we worked together. Through the ups and downs of wedding planning and many emotions of having to cancel and reschedule plans due to Covid, Naomi was always in good spirits and made me feel so confident and beautiful. By the time of my last fitting, Naomi felt like a close family friend and my mom and I were so sad the process was over. Margaret’s helped me prepare for my big day by prepping and packing the dress for travel and then when the weekend was over they cleaned and preserved my dress as well. I have recommend them to many people already!
  • Alexandra
    Alexandra Married on 06/03/2021

Beautiful Alterations Work!!

When I first picked up my dress from the Bridal Salon and tried it on, I panicked! It was too big and I thought there was no way it would ever fit right. I took the dress to Naomi at Margaret's and knew instantly that I had made the right choice! Naiomi is wonderful, friendly, and does incredible work!! My dress looked amazing, and they even packaged it to keep it perfectly safe for our cross-country flight.
    Judy C. Married on 04/16/2021

Wedding veil repair

Excellent customer service and workmanship!
  • Josh
    Josh S. Married on 09/24/2020

Your own personal fairy godmother!

My husband and I came to Margaret’s with all of our wedding attire needs. Naomi handmade my veil and altered my 100% silk Augusta Jones dress, and Sandra hemmed my husband’s suit. Additionally, Margaret’s Cleaners handled the cleaning and restoration of my gown. They also cleaned and pressed my husband’s suit. Our experience with all of these services was nothing sort of excellent.

Naomi created my dream cathedral-length veil for a fraction of the cost had I purchased it in store. Her alterations on my gown were done impeccably, and my dress fit me to a T. Naomi is the sweetest person to work with and she put me at ease knowing my gown was in excellent, loving hands. She listened to every concern I had without judgement, allowing me to rest easy in the decisions we made. She was my fairy godmother for a few months, and I feel so fortunate that I got to work with her.

Additionally, the restoration process is second to none—once again, I felt safe entrusting my gown to them. While Margaret’s services may cost more than other providers, you really get what you pay for.

Brides, look at their restoration process and how it differs (and is superior to) other cleaners! Also, nothing looks better than a dress that is fitted to your height and shape. My dress was already gorgeous, but once it was altered to fit me (hemmed, back-stitch at the bust, letting the lining out a smidge in my hips, properly bustled), it was DIVINE. My very picky, exercise and fashion obsessed aunt said my dress looked like it was made for me no less than three times.

All in all, Margaret’s Cleaners (and especially Naomi) ensured our wedding outfits arrived impeccably clean and completely suited to our figures. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
  • Amy
    Amy A. Married on 06/02/2020

Friendly and Professional

Naomi was the best! So kind and thoughtful and personalized my dress beyond my wildest dreams. Very affordable too
  • Katie
    Katie A. Married on 05/24/2020

Naomi from Margaret’s is AMAZING

I was supposed to have my wedding Memorial Day weekend but it was postponed due to COVID. In a random roller coaster of events, I found myself in a position to still get married in my parents’ backyard (with just my parents, brother, and sister-in-law) on our original wedding date. By no means was having my dress necessary, but Naomi was able to work with me to finish my dress, and it turned out beautifully. Even under these crazy circumstances, she was able to finish my dress quickly and it came out better than I could have imagined. Can’t recommend her enough. She is so easy to work with, has lovely design ideas, and she was able to seamlessly incorporate the lace from my mom’s dress into my own.

Margaret's Cleaners's reply:

Thank you Katie! We are so glad we were able to help make your wedding day special, especially in these times! I loved working with you and your mom to bring your vision to life!
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea R. Married on 02/03/2020

Wedding dress alterations

My experience at Margaret’s Cleaners was 10/10. Naomi was the seamstress who did the alterations on my wedding gown - I can’t say enough amazing things about her. I brought in my wedding gown that I needed alterations on AND my mother’s wedding gown, which I wasn’t sure what to do with yet. My mother’s wedding gown had yellowed over the years and had a few stains on it, so I wasn’t optimistic there was anything that could be done- it also didn’t quite fit me and I didn’t want to spend a fortune on it. Margaret’s cleaner’s was able to take the stains out and they didn’t even charge me for it! Naomi understood my budget and made suggestions on how to alter the dress to make it fit! The finished product far exceeded my expectations! I ended my loving my mother’s gown more than the one I bought for myself!! I would highly recommend Margaret’s cleaners for your bridal gown alterations and it is a MUST to work with Naomi - this girl is talented and she just gets it!
    Mary M. Married on 02/02/2020

Great experience!

It was so great to work with Naomi of Margaret's Bridal department. She was so helpful and the process was so easy - not stressful at all! I needed the length and shoulder straps adjusted. Naomi suggested other alterations as well to make it the perfect fit. My dress turned out beautiful!

Margaret's Cleaners's reply:

Thank you so much Mary! You and your gown look beautiful in the photos! Congratulations to you and your new husband!
  • Christina
    Christina L. Married on 12/28/2019

Working with Naomi and her team was an excellent experience

Naomi and her team helped me restore a vintage wedding gown from 1983 (my mother's) and transform it into a gorgeous, elegant, modern dress for my own wedding in December 2019. Naomi's expertise, patience, professionalism is top notch. I highly recommend working with her and her team.
    Hannah H. Married on 10/26/2019

Naomi is a miracle worker!

I had a wonderful experience with Naomi! She did my wedding dress for my 10/26/19 wedding and I could not have been more pleased with how the dress turned out. It needed all the usual - bustle, hemming, taking in at the sides, but what really showed her skill was what she did to the front of my dress.
    I tried on my dress in the store in May and fell in love. I waited 2 months for my dress to arrive and when it did... it wasn't the same dress. All the details on the top were different. The one I tried on in store was very flattering to my figure, this one was blah.
    I got estimates from several seamstresses that either quoted me my first born child or tried to convince me that the dresses were the same and no changes were needed. When I went to Naomi, I knew right away that she was the person for me. She listened to what my issues were, she asked to see pictures of both dresses, and she even had me text her the photos so she could do her best to create the original look.
    She did all that and more. The dress looked better than I could have ever imagined. In addition to her undeniable talent, Naomi was fun to chat with, easy to schedule with, and always made me feel excited for my big day without being over the top.
    Definitely go with Margaret's Cleaners and Naomi for your wedding! You will not be disappointed!!

Margaret's Cleaners's reply:

Thank you so much Hannah! I loved working with you on your gorgeous gown, and I loved the photos! Congratulations to you and your new husband!
    Taylor Married on 10/05/2019

Easy to work with

Great service at Margaret’s preserving my wedding dress! They were really easy to work with and even adjusted the payments so that I could stretch it out over months.

Margaret's Cleaners's reply:

Thank you for the feedback your Monique Lhuillier gown is very Beautiful! I was Honored to care for it. 8-)
    Grace D. Married on 09/21/2019

One easy decision in a wedding planning!

Working with the staff at Margaret's Cleaner and Naomi was the second best decision I made in regard to the wedding. 1st of course was saying yes to my husband.
    The entire was staff was delightful and encouraging with the jitters that come with altering a dress bought sight unseen online.
    Naomi was able to design my dress from a vision I described to her.
    She was like the fairy godmother for Cinderella. Bippity Boppity Boop and my dream dress was created!

Margaret's Cleaners's reply:

Thank you so much Grace! It was such a great experience getting to work with you to design your dream dress. Your wedding looked like a beautiful fairytale!
    Elizabeth P. Married on 12/31/2018

Amazing Cleaning and Resoration for our Family Wedding Gown! Dress was first worn 1957 then 1983, and 1986! Dress was restored and the service and skill of Margaret’s was impeccable! Worth every penny!

Margaret's Cleaners's reply:

Thank you for trusting us with your family heirloom! We hope with the restorations you can use it for years to come!
    Liza P. Married on 12/31/2018

Restoration at its Finest!!

The entire team of Margaret's from cleaning to restoring to alterations was beyond perfect. The dress looked amazing. Originally worn in 1957, then 1983 and 1986. Looked amazing with all the restorations in 2019.

Margaret's Cleaners's reply:

Thank you so much Liza! We are so happy everything fit and looked great! We would love to see any photos you have to share!
  • Kiana
    Kiana Married on 12/07/2018

A Dream Come True!

My wedding was on December 7, 2018. Sometime in January 2018 I had the very good fortune of running into Margaret's cleaners and their fabulous ladies at the San Diego Wedding Expo. I had my mom's dress from when she got married over 30 years ago. She was quite thin and I have some extra love handles, lol I was debating on whether to use my mom's dress or buy a new one because I was skeptical that it wouldn't be or look like my dream dress and I didn't want to ruin my mom's dress. The dress was pretty heavily 80's to include the huge puffy arm ruffles. So I stopped by Margaret's Cleaners booth and spoke to Naomi Miller and she showed me some of her before/after dresses she had worked on. It was impressive enough to get me to go in to their shop for a consultation with my dress. We went over every detail I wanted done, Naomi took every single idea of mine and turned it into a masterpiece. She would advise where my ideas needed to be tweaked and why it needed to be tweaked but never once did she ever make me feel like my ideas were weird instead she would show enthusiasm for them. She has the patience of a God as I had many different changes and she would smile and be excited for them. Naomi did not have an easy job as I went in with my mom and my aunt and we were all very opinionated, LOL Naomi was so accommodating, respectful and a true professional. The end result was me in happy tears and Naomi joined me in my tearful joy. When I tell you that this girl pours her heart and soul into making your vision come to life, it's an understatement. The best part is that it was ridiculously affordable. The final dress came in an amazing package that looked like i had just gone to purchase the dress at a super expensive store. In closing, Naomi Miller from Margaret's cleaners is nothing short of a miracle worker, her skills are unparalleled, she treats her customers like family/friend and she is the sweetest person I've ever met, so much so, we still keep in touch today.
    Jeremy Married on 11/24/2018

Wedding Dress of my Dreams!

Naomi did an amazing job with the alterations on my dress. I had so many people tell me no they couldn’t do what I was asking for and Naomi made it happen without any hesitation. I initially purchased my dress as a strapless. I wanted to add a halter top made out of lace. The biggest trouble we had was sourcing the lace and Naomi took care of everything. She found the lace, met with me 3 times for fitting and finished my dream dress! Not only did she add the topper, she also added buttons to the back, added a belt and bustle. I would trust Naomi to do all my alterations. Everything turned out so great, without any hassle and wonderful customer service. Thank you Naomi for making the dress of my dreams :)

Becky Artaserse (Nelson)

Margaret's Cleaners's reply:

Thank you so much Becky! I'm so happy that everything came out the way you wanted, it was such a pleasure to be a part of your bridal experience! I love getting to work on custom pieces, thank you for trusting me with your gorgeous design!
    Geri Married on 10/21/2018
    I took my mom’s 63 year old dress in to be cleaned for my daughters wedding. It has been worn 8 times, by my mom, my sisters, my niece, and myself. It is a family heirloom that was in sad shape. It was yellowed and the lace was very worn in places, the buttons were also worn. I couldn’t believe how beautiful it was when I got it back. They even saved the buttons they took off, so I could make some keepsakes with them. Thank you Amy and your team! My daughter looks so beautiful in the dress!
    Grace Married on 08/31/2018
    My daughter wore my wedding gown. Margaret's altered the gown to fit today's styles. Our daughter's dress was spectacular! She looked like a princess on her special day!
    P Married on 08/23/2018
    They handled cleaning of my wedding gown prior to alterations. It was done perfextly.
    P Married on 08/23/2018
    Did a great job cleaning a Couture wedding gown off the rack from a high end wedding gown store in Corona Del Mar.. It looked like it was brand new! I got so many compliments on the gown!