Margaret's Cleaners Reviews

31 | San Diego, CA

31 Reviews for Margaret's Cleaners

31 Margaret's Cleaners Reviews

Geri · Married on 10/21/2018

I took my mom’s 63 year old dress in to be cleaned for my daughters wedding. It has been worn 8 times, by my mom, my sisters, my niece, and myself. It is a family heirloom that was in sad shape. It was yellowed and the lace was very worn in places, the buttons were also worn. I couldn’t believe how beautiful it was when I got it back. They even saved the buttons they took off, so I could make some keepsakes with them. Thank you Amy and your team! My daughter looks so beautiful in the dress!

Margaret's Cleaners 1
    Margaret's Cleaners 2
    Margaret's Cleaners 3

Grace · Married on 08/31/2018

My daughter wore my wedding gown. Margaret's altered the gown to fit today's styles. Our daughter's dress was spectacular! She looked like a princess on her special day!

P · Married on 08/23/2018

They handled cleaning of my wedding gown prior to alterations. It was done perfextly.

P · Married on 08/23/2018

Did a great job cleaning a Couture wedding gown off the rack from a high end wedding gown store in Corona Del Mar.. It looked like it was brand new! I got so many compliments on the gown!

Gabby · Married on 07/22/2018

I took my wedding gown and veil to Margaret's to be pressed for a post-wedding photo shoot. I chose Margaret's for its excellent reputation in the bridal industry. I was very impressed with the quality of their work, as my dress looked like new when I picked it up! Margaret's had packaged my dress and delicate veil very nicely to ensure they stayed wrinkle-free, and I could tell they were both handled with great care. I will definitely return to Margaret's for their services in the future as I know my clothes will be in good hands.

Emily · Married on 07/01/2018

Margaret's went above and beyond! They even touched up a few stains on my gown for free when
    I took my wrinkly dress in to get steamed before the wedding :) Will be bringing it back for preserving!

• W

Wendy · Married on 06/16/2018

Amy was wonderful and Margaret’s delivery service was a God send!! My daughters gown was pressed beautifully, packaged so it stayed spotless, and delivered to the venue so it remained wrinkle free!

Connie · Married on 05/26/2018

Naomi Naomi Naomi! There are not enough words to thank you enough for the work you put into my wedding dress! My wedding dress was a 2 piece dress, long train satin skirt over a lace cocktail dress. I fell in love with the idea of having a surprise father-daughter dance where I would twirl and rip off my skirt to reveal my cocktail dress underneath and then break out into free dance with my dad before the guests joined in on the dance floor. To make this happen, my skirt had to be hemmed and bustled and extra clasps added to the top of the skirt to ensure a smooth reveal. My cocktail dress also had to be taken in around the bust, waist, and hips. Naomi worked her magic and the skirt held up throughout the ceremony and reception and came off effortlessly when it was time for the big surprise. Naomi was so patient with me and my mom as we discussed what we wanted with the dress and options and ideas on how to make the dress fit better without breaking the bank, like adding $15-20 bra cups to the dress to avoid having to deal with any bras or bra straps in general! I believe the prices at Margarets is definitely reasonable for the amount of time and effort Naomi puts into all her alterations. All in all my alterations came out to $520, but if you spend over $500 in alterations you get a free pressing before your wedding (a $220 value for my 2 piece dress). Honestly I thought pressing dresses before the wedding was maybe an expense I could cut, but thankfully I did not (and mine was included with my alteration) because pressing really does make a difference! Super happy with the service and workmanship at Margarets and will highly recommend Naomi to future brides!

Margaret's Cleaners 4
    Margaret's Cleaners 9
    Margaret's Cleaners 10
    Margaret's Cleaners 11

Susan · Married on 04/28/2018

The dress came back looking new. Great job.

Kristen · Married on 12/16/2017

Naomi was amazing! Did a terrific job on my grandmas wedding dress
    It was expensive, but they gave me many discounts I was able to work with

Robyn · Married on 11/18/2017

This company does an AMAZING job! They did my wedding dress, my sister's, and my mother's, along with many other dresses for events. The price is well worth the quality!

Paris · Married on 11/11/2017

Margarets is hands down the best location for everything bridal. Once you have found your gown and need alterations to make it your own, there is no question but using margarets. Naomi is their incredible seamstress and completely created my dream come true by tailoring it to me like a glove, she added rhinestones, heading, took it in, and added a petty coat underneath. After not getting my original gown from Alfred Angelo when they went bankrupt I had to find a gently used dress. Naomi completely made it brand new again and Amy from Margarets ensured it would be cleaned just like new (& of course it was!) my mother in law had her 5 layers of gown taken up and of course it was perfect too! After nearly 5 sessions of me wanting to continue to add to the dress Naomi continued her hardworking empathetic and sincere hard work and made all my dreams come true! My gown is now ready to be preserved and I would have no other company do this job! I am so happy with their services and will use them not for all things alterations, cleaning and preserving! So glad I found Margarets!

Margaret's Cleaners 12

Jennifer · Married on 10/27/2017

Very professional, I felt like my dress was in great hands!

Elizabeth · Married on 10/21/2017

Naomi is amazing! She fit me in with a short time to alter my dress.

Monica · Married on 10/21/2017

I brought my husband’s late mother’s wedding gown to Margaret’s Cleaners in hope that it could be restored so our daughter could wear it for her wedding. The dress had been stored in a plastic bag in the back of the closet since 1954. The taffeta and particularly the decorative braid had yellowed with age and there were small tears at the bottom of the skirt and train. When I dropped it off, I was unsure what really could be done, if anything, to make it wearable and my expectations were maybe it could be cleaned to a wearable light ivory. The staff took the time to answer all my questions, explaining the process and what the outcomes might be with the different materials in the dress. I left feeling reassured and confident but was not prepared for the results when I picked up the dress. It was perfection – the dress and braid were brand-new white, the repairs invisible – it just bowled me over how wonderfully it had turned out! My daughter will be a beautiful bride in her grandmother’s dress – thank you Margaret’s Cleaners!

Christina · Married on 10/14/2017

Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are beyond lucky to have Amy and Margarets in San Diego. Look no further!!!!!!!!!

Christina Fink

Shannon · Married on 08/26/2017

Wonderful and quality service!

Boontarika · Married on 08/11/2017

I have wedding destination at Hotel Del Coronado, San Diego and rush order from Margaret. They did a great job. Delivery on time and my gown was perfect.

Jacqueline · Married on 07/29/2017

You provided a fantastic service! I bought a floor sample wedding dress and you made it look like new. The service was impeccable as well! Thank you!

Jessica · Married on 07/01/2017

Margaret's Cleaners did an incredible job with my wedding dress! We weren't able to drop it off until last minute and they didn't hesitate to stream it to perfection:) I will definitely be taking my dress back there for its much needed post-wedding cleaning:)

Taylor · Married on 06/24/2017

I used this cleaner for my used wedding gown. While their certainly is a price tag attached to this service, it was well worth it. They were able to get out all the stains and restore her back to new in a very tight time frame. They over came many obstacles in getting my dress back into perfect condition and I couldn't have been happier with the results!!!!

Ali · Married on 04/29/2017

I really valued this experience! You can certainly trust MarieAngel with your wedding gown. She was so honest about what adjustments to make and what could be left as is. I am so grateful for the perfect work she did!

• Y

Yoon · Married on 05/20/2010

Wow, wow, wow!!! The best place to get your cleaning done for your top-of-the-line [insert anything delicate].

Margaret's kindly picked up my finished gown from Beverly Hills boutique a week before my wedding, made the gown look 1000 times better, and dropped it off at my wedding venue a day before my wedding. I didn't have to worry about a thing!!! Okay, it did cost a lot but it was worth every penny, especially since they picked it up all the way from LA and dropped it off in OC. My bridal boutique gave me the same quote without any delivery service. They also include steaming your accessories for this service, so I included my veil with this as well.

Seriously though, my wedding gown somehow transformed into a beautiful, perfect, piece of art. Everyone who had doubts of my wedding dress (including me) were stunned at this gorgeous dress after I got Margaret's service.

They also included an "Wedding Emergency Kit"- I didn't check it out yet because it wasn't necessary, but I'm sure it'll come handy for some people.

I'm not doing preservation with them, though. They gave me a very high quote, and it was not worth it for me to spend that much for the gown. I might not even keep mine.

FYI Contact info is the following for gown specialists:

Carey Emery x113
    Bridal Coordinator
    careyp@margarets.com

Andrea · Married on 07/25/2009

Margaret's cleaners pressed and delivered my dress to my ceremony venue the morning of my wedding. They were reasonably priced and the delivery was prompt and professional. I would recommend them if you are worried about your dress being wrinkled before the big day.