Marcus Performing Arts Center Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

• Kristen
    Kristen Getting married on 07/12/2023

So flexible, so kind!

Like many couples this year, my fiance and I made the decision to push back our wedding due to COVID-19. But unlike several horror stories I've heard this summer, it was a breeze to do so -- and that's because of Karin and everyone at the Marcus Center/Sazama's! When I reached out to Karin in June about our December 2020 wedding, I thought she'd think I was crazy for wanting to reschedule six months out or tell us we needed to wait and see how things progressed. Instead, Karin called back right away to let us know every option was on the table and the ball was in our court. The flexibility was great, but it was Karin's kind, thoughtful and sincere demeanor throughout the entire process that really blew me away. We are SO looking forward to our December 2021 wedding at the Marcus Center!
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa L. Married on 10/16/2021

Best Wedding Venue Ever!

We absolutely LOVED having our reception at the Marcus. We were a couple planning a wedding from out of state, luckily we did not have to re-arrange our wedding plans due to Covid. Lynn and her team was AMAZING! One challenge we faced was that Hamilton was performing the same weekend as our wedding. It was frustrating at times because the crew with Hamilton was extremely strict about following guidelines. We had to make sure to keep our wedding guests separate from the theater guests. Anyways, the reception turned out beautifully, the lights and the room lit up. We rented gold chivari chairs, through Lynn, and they really made the space look classy. We choose buffet style, but our guests got through the lines quickly and efficiently. We received SO many compliments on our delicious the food was. One thing we really liked about this venue was there were space for guests to also step outside. Beautiful photo opportunities inside and outside. Thank you so much for giving us a great experience! If we could do it all over again, we would choose our reception at the Marcus, 100%.
    Mallory F. Married on 10/09/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best Day Ever...Thanks to the PAC!

I cannot express enough as to how wonderful our wedding was at the Performing Arts Center! Lynn and the PAC team are timely, efficient, and patient. Being a COVID-19 couple, we had to switch our day from April to October. They changed everything around in less than 24 hours without any issues. The food is absolutely fabulous. If you can swing it, get a signature drink! Our guests were thrilled with the space. Also, working with Lynn was such a joy. She is kind and an expert at her job. Thank you to Lynn & the PAC team for making our wedding day the best day of our lives!!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie P. Married on 10/02/2021

Beautiful venue & wonderful coordinator

The Marcus Center exceeded our expectations it was a gorgeous venue. Everything was perfect, ladies were able to get ready on site in a spacious area, ceremony in the atrium, cocktail hour in the promenade, and reception in the bradley pavilion. This was a huge selling point for us. The catering was also phenomenal. Their food selection was amazing, as was the actual food. Lastly, our wonderful coordinator Karin! She was absolutely amazing and incredible to work with. She was quick to respond and answer any questions. She was incredibly accommodating and made sure we had everything we needed. Karin put us at ease for our wedding, and made it as easy and stress free as possible. She was there from the beginning planning stages to fluffing my train as I walked down the aisle. We highly recommend the venue and more importantly Karin and Sazama's catering!
    Annie Married on 07/10/2021

Fantastic experience!

We had our reception at the Marcus Center in July 2021 - a place that has a unique meaning in our relationship together and with our families, so we knew right away we wanted to have our big day there! Though we were not re-scheduling from 2020, there were still many unknowns while trying to plan a covid-era wedding. Lynn from Sazama's was incredibly helpful every step of the way! Her coordination during planning and communication with us on our actual day made everyone go perfectly. There were a few changes to the package that we picked out originally due to covid, and Lynn was really helpful in making even swaps with the new choices that didn't add on extra costs. Another great thing about this venue is that they have a lot of experience, so many other vendors have done weddings there before and know how to set things up and coordinate with them. This eases the burden a lot!
    The food is outstanding! Everyone raved about it and we loved it too. The outdoor space was such a nice thing to have too. We had 135 guests and it felt full enough, but not too full in the ballroom, atrium, and outdoor space. The waitstaff was great - I appreciated that they wore masks, and they were very well coordinated with serving tables.
    Two of my favorite 'extras' that we did for our reception included renting the piano for cocktail hour and having two signature cocktails, both of which were amazing! Highly recommend.
    The only thing I would do differently is rent different chairs/chair covers. I didn't think it would be worth the cost, but the chairs that come with the space ended up not looking great in photos (though they are padded, so probably more comfortable than wooden rented chairs!) 10/10 recommend having your reception at the Marcus Center!
    Jennifer W. Married on 10/17/2020

So Awesome!

We had a wedding booked with Sazama’s at the MPAC and unfortunately, Coronavirus changed our plans. Lynn and the team at Sazama’s reached out immediately and offered other opportunities to ensure our special day could still happen. We can’t thank Lynn and the Sazama’s team enough for all their help, support, and willingness to work with us! Our experience was so positive we would love to work with Lynn again in the future!!!
  • Nikki
    Nikki K. Married on 08/01/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Easy to work with, thoughtful

My fiancé and I fell in love with the Marcus Center at first sight. The dreamy ballroom pavilion paired with the balcony overlooking downtown and the Fitch garden patio was everything we hoped for in a wedding venue. What really sealed the deal was having Sazama's as our caterer and learning that we could have the infamous Saz's festival platter as a late night snack.

Being a covid bride has not been easy, but Karin with the Marcus Center has done everything to keep the wedding planning process stress-free. She has been so flexible throughout the last two years, including when we decided to move our wedding from August 2020 to July 2021. Even now when our plans are still a little up in the air with summer quickly approaching, she is so willing to roll with it and let us decide exactly how to proceed. Karin with the Marcus Center has been a dream to work with. I have no doubt that it will be worth the wait when we can finally have our big day there.
  • Rachel
    Rachel R. Married on 06/06/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Cool and calm during the storm!

I am a corona-bride and I had to change my wedding date from June 2020 to June 2021. It was a stressful time while I was deciding how to go about my dream wedding and the possibility of moving it. Before I even knew which way was up, Lynn with the Marcus Center reached out to me to make sure my family and I are okay and if there was anything she should do to help. I worked with Lynn to find another date in 2021 once I realized that was what I wanted to do. I cannot say enough about how lucky I am to have picked Marcus Center as my venue. So supportive, so helpful, and so accommodating. Thank you thank you.

Marcus Performing Arts Center's reply:

We're so sorry that COVID-19 led to stress for one of the most important days of your lives. We are looking forward to help make your wedding even more fabulous on your rescheduled date!
    Maria S. Married on 11/29/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Flexible, caring, and worry free staff in a gorgeous space!

We were first drawn to the Marcus Performing Arts Center from the beauty of the ballroom, but quickly signed on the dotted line after just one meeting with Karin, who quickly instilled confidence that her and the team at Sazama’s Fine Catering could over-deliver on all our requests. Karin and the team were professional and flexible throughout the whole planning process, customizing nearly everything to our needs while being a creative resource to bounce ideas off of and proactive to ask all the right questions. All coordination was quick, timely, easy, and extremely pleasant.
    Day of, Karin and the team were very attentive to all our needs, effortlessly liaising between vendors and watching out for our needs first as bride and groom. Above and beyond is an understatement when it came to the day-of detail of the space. I never had to worry about how the venue would be set up as I could trust her taste and professionalism to ensure it looked beautiful. All the events they do make them so solid in what they do, yet they still make you feel like you are the only client they have.
    The flexibility, dependability, and care of the most important wedding vendor (venue and F&B) is what truly made the Marcus Performing Arts Center and Sazama’s Fine Catering such an asset to our special day. You will be so impressed as you move forward with them on yours as well!
    Sarah E. Married on 09/21/2019

Very accommodating!

Beautiful venue, great food, very accommodating !
  • Courtney
    Courtney Married on 07/13/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Great space and amazing food

You can't beat the stunning views from the balcony, the cute little garden for cocktail hour and the stunning ballroom. The space really has a lot to offer. Lynn was really great in helping us with all of the details and questions we had. Lynn and her crew truly outdid themselves for our Wedding. We wanted to do stations and Lynn suggested doing them based off of our favorite restaurants. It was a huge hit and everyone couldn't stop talking about how amazing the food was.
  • Brieanne
    Brieanne Married on 07/05/2019

Absolutely Stunning

Our wedding day was absolutely beautiful. We had our ceremony in the Fitch Garden, which turned out absolutely beautiful, with the ivy backdrop. The flow from the ceremony to the cocktail hour in the promenade, and then to the reception in the ballroom was perfect. Our guests all complimented the food, and the service. We worked directly with Lynn and she was so helpful, and responsive to emails and calls. Lynn was able to help us customize our food and beverage package to fit within our budget. I highly recommend the venue, and Sazama’s for catering, we had the best experience.
  • Lauren
    Lauren Married on 11/03/2018

Beautiful and Professional

The venue was gorgeous, especially at night. The atmosphere was so sophisticated and everything was clean and beautiful. The ceiling I was worried would take away from the evening but it added even more than I could've imagined. The service was phenomenal and Lynn was AMAZING to work with. She was always so responsive and accommodating to my constant emails. I would 10/10 recommend this venue.
    Only issue we had was they ran out of steaks for our guests and the late night snack was pulled from the floor early.
  • Kelly
    Kelly Married on 10/06/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Booking The Marcus Center and Sazama's for our wedding was the best decision we have ever made; we will never forget our experience with them. It was truly unbelievable. We had SO many guests tell us they were left speechless and they had never seen anything like it. From day one, Lynn had gone above and beyond to ensure everything would go smoothly and would be exactly the way we wanted. The venue is stunning-from the Bradley Pavilion to having two other unique spaces for use; the Fitch Gardens and the private balcony overlooking the river. The service was like none other I have ever experienced at a wedding before (and I've been to A LOT of weddings) I couldn't believe how quickly they were able to serve a 5 course meal. The chef even allowed me to design the menu, and her interpretations on the dishes were beyond delicious. Our guests were absolutely blown away with the food. I cannot emphasize it enough that booking this venue will be the best decision you would ever make. I have some pretty high standards and the PAC and Sazama's team beyond exceeded them. Thank you again for allowing us to have our dream wedding! It would've never have been nearly the same elsewhere!
    Rachel Married on 09/22/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I cannot recommend a place more highly than the Sazama's team at the Marcus Center for the Performing Arts. Everything about the process was stress-free and professional. It was clear that they had years of experience and dedicated staff. We did not have a wedding planner and we had a 230+ person wedding. Lynn with Sazama's made sure every detail was thought of and attended to. She was kind and flexible and had a calming way about her. Planning a wedding can be stressful, so to work with people who are calm and know what they are doing is a huge help. She did so many extra steps for us, like coordinating place covers and setting up our decorations. Their pricing was fair and transparent, and they were easy to work with when customizing packages.

Beyond the process, the day itself was perfect! I had guests say their steak was one of the best they've had- not just at a wedding but overall! The passed food during cocktail hour was delicious and the staff was great. Not one detail was missed. Somehow Lynn or the manager was always near by when I had a question and they were awesome at keeping things on time. They even brought cocktails to us from the bar so we wouldn't have to get up during dinner. The venue was so elegant yet the two outdoor spaces allowed us to have corn hole and giant jenga during the cocktail hour and cigars during the band break. We had a fantastic plated dinner and Saz's casual late night food later. They really had it all! The views of the sunset on river are so stunning and the long room meant tables were only two rows deep in front of our head table, so even though it was a large wedding, it felt personal.

You could really tell they took pride in their work and truly wanted your day to be perfect - and ours was. I would give them 100 stars and recommend them again and again.
    Bryan Married on 09/08/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We had the pleasure of working with Keith to coordinate our big day. He was always incredibly responsive and quick to make many helpful suggestions that really helped bring everything together smoothly and make sure every detail of our grand vision came out like a fairy tale.

The food needs no praise, anyone from Milwaukee knows Saz's is top notch. The dinner menu choices were phenomenal, and everyone loved the late night signature Saz's sampler platter.

The entire staff went above and beyond and made the whole experience fun instead of stressful, and really allowed us to enjoy the big day. Several of our guests commented on the extra classy touches, like having the wait staff surround each table before plating everyone simultaneously.

If we ever have a need to serve 150 of our closest friends dinner again, we'll definitely call Saz's !

Meg Married on 08/18/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Perfect Venue for a medium size wedding

Karin was the best part of our experience with the Marcus. She helped coordinate, talk us through questions, work out so many details that I'm sure were not part of her job description. Her efforts, along with the staff at the Marcus were nothing short of incredible. We were so pleased with our August wedding there! Highly reccomend them!
    Nikala Married on 07/14/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We got married in the Fitch garden, had cocktail hour in the Promenade, and reception in the Bradley Pavilion. The ceremony space was beautiful and we managed to fit 220 guests. They let us rent a grand piano that my cousin played during cocktail hour. The reception was spacious with a dance floor that didn't require moving tables and chairs. Our guests loved the view of the river from the back balcony. The staff was amazingly helpful and attentive. It was also great to find a lot of vendors that have experience working at this venue. We would highly recommend the Marcus Center along with Sazama's for weddings!
    Lisa Married on 06/16/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We absolutely loved having our wedding at the Marcus Center and working with Sazama's! Lynn was our main point of contact throughout the process and she could not have made it any easier. She responded to all our questions in a timely manner and was able to meet when I requested to discuss things further. She made the entire process so easy and stress free. The weeks leading up to our wedding could have been absolutely crazy but I felt confident that everything was being handled and orchestrated the way that I wanted. All of our vendors had worked with Sazama's at the Marcus Center before which made everything much easier. I did not have to worry about any day of coordination because it was all handled by Lynn and the rest of the Sazama's team. All of the service was extremely professional and well organized. Our ceremony was in the Fitch Gardens. Many of our guests commented that it was the most beautiful wedding ceremony they had ever attended! It was a beautiful location and we were so happy that the weather ended up cooperating! The Bradley Pavilion also exceeded our expectations for a reception space. Although a very large space, our 160 guests did not seem swallowed up by the room. Now the most important part.. the food! Literally everyone was talking about how tasty all of the food was all night. Guests are still raving about it weeks later! From the tasting to the night of, every single dish exceeded our expectations! I cannot say enough about how delicious our meal was. With food being the number one thing people remember about a wedding, you cannot go wrong with Sazama's! I highly recommend Sazama's and the Marcus Center to everyone!
    Maggie Married on 11/11/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    ABSOLUTEY INCREDIBLE!! Lynn, Keith, and Karin are a dream team come true for wedding couples everywhere. I e-mailed Lynn inquiring about coming to see the venue and she was so responsive and continued to be responsive through the whole process. A week before our appointment, my now husband and daughter poked our head into the ballroom. I was nervous we'd get kicked out but Keith bumped into us. We told him we had an appointment but were dying to see the room. He was SO HAPPY and offered us coffee and told us to take a look. My husband was already sold just based off of Keith. Then we came in and met Lynn. A little more reserved than Keith but just as knowledgable and accommodating, she took the time with us to make sure all our questions were answered. It was a no-brainer for us. Our tasting was fun and we got to meet Chef who went over all the dishes. Lynn and my husband and I went over more logistics during the tasting. The day of the rehearsal was really chaotic for me, but Lynn handled it with ease. Our officiant had never done a wedding and was asking her for pointers! But she just rolled with it. The day of I was so nervous I was pacing. Lynn checked on me to see how I was doing. I thought that was incredibly sweet. I saw the remembrance table and place cards and seats for the ceremony and everything was picture perfect, I teared up from seeing how beautifully everything was laid out. Lynn checked on me a few times closer to the ceremony, and Karin checked in on my husband and asked how he was doing. She even offered to go get my mom's dress which she forgot at her house! After the ceremony they flipped the room in an hour. She distributed the tips, and Keith came up to the head table to refill wine and check in with us every 30 minutes or so. Whenever I felt a ton of anxiety prior to the wedding I told myself that we were in Lynn, Keith, and Karin's hands and that seriously worked. I felt so much better knowing that we hired the best of the best!
    Alexandra Married on 10/14/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Thank you so much to Lynn! She was so nice and helpful during the entire wedding planning process. Especially since I am a bit high strung when it comes to planning and details, she definitely put me at ease and promised everything would turn out great. Also to Keith on the day of, he was great and super helpful in making sure that things ran smoothly. Can't say enough about them both.

The ballroom for our reception completely blew me away. It was beyond what I had hoped for. Lynn promised they would make it beautiful and she did not let me down. Everything I had pictured in my head was laid out in front of me. It was elegant and looked so amazing!

And let's take a moment to talk about the food. Oh. My. Gosh. It was so delicious! We had the ribs, chicken parmesan, and carved sirloin as our main dishes along with garlic mashed potatoes, honey glazed carrots, cauliflower, southwest pasta salad, and bacon pepper jack mac n cheese. Our plated salad was a spinach strawberry with candied pecans. I wanted more of everything but just couldn't fit it! I actually had a stomachache while dancing because my belly was so full!

Overall, it was SUCH an amazing night. The PAC, Lynn, Keith, and all their staff truly helped to make our wedding unforgettable!
    Ryan Married on 10/07/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Wonderful experience. The staff (Lynn and Keith in particular) were instrumental in helping us plan our day and curtail it towards our personal style. In addition, they were extremely accommodative of guests with special needs, adding staff to disburse special desserts, and structuring the cocktail hour entertainment. We have had more positive feedback than we ever could have hoped for in regards to the staff friendliness and service, the elegance of the Bradley Pavilion, and the general location downtown (central, so guests had multiple hotel and entertainment options while in town). Highly recommended. Hats off to the Marcus!
    Julie Married on 09/30/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Such a great venue!! Right off the bat Lynn was so accommodating when it came to answering questions and making appointments. The year of planning with Lynn was wonderful. The day of was absolutely perfect. All of our guests complimented the food ALOT. We did a late night snack as well that was a huge hit. Keith & Lynn made sure our families & us were catered to the entire night, & Kinta, the bar manager, made sure we had a drink in our hand all night! Service and quality were amazing, plus the space is just perfect for a wedding!! Our day was amazing!!!
    Laura Married on 09/23/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Lynn and team did an amazing job to make our wedding everything we expected and more. They were extremely accommodating and flexible. Would definitely recommend the Marcus to anyone!
    Jonathan Married on 09/16/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Our September wedding at the Marcus Center could not have been more perfect. Through every step of the planning process, from the first time we met with Keith more than a year before our date, all the way through the end of our wedding night, we were so thrilled with the Sazama's team. Keith and his team take care to make sure your every need (and want!) is met throughout the planning process and on the day-of. As for the venue itself - you can't ask for much more! The location in the heart of downtown is absolutely perfect, and proximity to hotels (the InterContinental is across the street) is perfect for out of town guests and the wedding party. The ballroom is dramatic and gorgeous, with unique lighting and beautiful downtown and river views. The outdoor balcony overlooking the river is a nice touch for getting some fresh air during the night, and being in the heart of downtown allows for some awesome city photos. The ballroom is large enough to hold close to 500 guests, but our 225 guest wedding did not feel like it was swallowed up by the space. We had our ceremony in the atrium overlooking Water Street, which is managed by the Marcus Center (different than Sazama's, but made to be a seamless experience). Having everything contained to one building (including cocktail hour in the Fitch Garden - a beautiful outdoor courtyard on the property) was key for us and made logistics a breeze. If you work with local vendors, most of them will have worked with Sazama's and the team at the Marcus Center. We hardly had to worry about any day-of coordination, as Keith and his team had things down to a science with getting equipment, cake, etc. into the venue and getting the room set up. We even had the benefit of coming in the night before to begin setting some details up - avoiding that last-minute/day-of rush was so nice. I'm out of space for this review - but the food was also amazing. We would recommend the Marcus Center/Sazama's to anybody planning a downtown wedding!
illustration stars