Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist Reviews

Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist 7
  • Katlyn

Katlyn Friel · Married on 11/23/2018

Marci is Phenomenal!

We are so glad that we found Marci to photograph our wedding in November! My now husband and I live in Arizona, however were planning a wedding in Michigan. We had limited opportunities to travel back and forth leading up to the big day, so it was very important that our vendors were accessible through phone and email during the planning process. We found Marci just by googling photographers online - she had such rave reviews on all the major sites and I loved her work so we went for it and reached out to her. She responded right away and her pricing was almost scary reasonable compared to some other photographers that we had contacted. Marci was an absolute delight to work with leading up to our wedding - she emailed us frequently, responded quickly to any inquiries we had and though we never met her until the wedding day, I knew we were going to be in great hands. The day of the wedding, Marci showed up on time and began working her magic - I appreciated that she ran the show and kept everyone on schedule and in order. We had some interesting family dynamics but wanted to make sure we had photos of everyone in the blended families and Marci was a huge help in being the ringleader and getting those shots we were worried we wouldnt be able to have. My favorite thing about Marci is when her photojournalist side comes out and captures fun moments and candids that I didnt even realize were happening - it made for some really special photos! She sent over 1600 images from our wedding within a week of our wedding day and we were absolutely blown away - we loved so many photos it was so hard to narrow down our favorites. I cannot recommend Marci enough - thank you again!

Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist 8
    Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist 9
    Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist 10
  • Danielle

Danielle Richards · Married on 10/20/2018

Wedding Photography

Marci is absolutely wonderful! She captured our wedding day perfectly through her photos. We have so many to choose from and we got them back within a week! She is professional, flexible, and has an easy-going personality.

Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist 11
    Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist 22
    Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist 23
    Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist 24

Katie · Married on 09/29/2018

Marci was hands down one of the best investments we made for our wedding (tied with our DJ and the dessert baker!). She is an excellent photographer that somehow manages to capture tiny millisecond moments of pure bliss/silliness/insert any other emotion here. She works solo and is amazing at blending into the background, seamlessly taking photographs throughout the night. She is a unique photographer that stands by her work and does not do the stereotypical "Etsy poses" that you might run across more recently these days. So if you're looking for someone who will do a shoot from a list of wedding couture poses, she's not your gal. She works a lot with colors, reflection, sunlight, shadows, etc and you get comfortable in front of the camera pretty quickly with her. We met in person and she showed us her album of work, and then when I suggested a price range/time frame she actually suggested I do the less expensive package based on what she heard for the itinerary. I really appreciated her being honest and not trying to upsell us on anything.
    We did the engagement photo shoot which was an hour and then the 8 hour package for the wedding. We have digital copy rights to all the photos she took - 300ish total from the 1 hour shoot and 1800ish from the wedding! She is also super reasonably priced for amazing quality. We have gotten so many compliments from our guests about the photo album so far. One downside may be if you try to navigate her website, it's a little wordy/redundant with some of the hyperlinks she has made and not so easy to navigate all the time. But she is aware of this and working on it. It has not been a problem for us when it came to hiring/communicating with her!

Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist 25
    Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist 26
    Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist 27
    Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist 28

Catherine · Married on 09/08/2018

Marci was wonderful to work with and the photos are epic! She really captures the joy and emotion of the day. There were so many unique perspectives in our picture which made them even more beautiful. I am in love with our pictures- all of our guests are blown away at how beautiful they are! click link for more pictures - http://www.marcicurtis.com/blog/red-riding-hood-stables-wedding-with-holly-hotel-catherine-and-jim/

Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist 29
    Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist 36
    Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist 37
    Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist 38

Christina · Married on 08/31/2018

Marci shot both our wedding and engagement photos and we could not be happier! I love her style of how she shoots candid pictures. Not every photo is posed which I love. She gets true to life pics and I swear you don’t even know she is there as she just floats around capturing the magic of the day!

Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist 39
    Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist 40

Sarah · Married on 08/25/2018

I am so incredibly happy that I found Marci!! We hired Marci for our engagement and wedding photos. Her vision is like nothing I have ever seen before. She took so many amazing photos including so many candid shots of our guests. I loved going through all of our pictures (so many more than I could have imagined!) as there were so many moments I didn't see and Marci gave them to me. At our reception, she set up a TV and showed some of our engagement pictures as well as some pictures she took during the ceremony. All of the guests loved it! She was so easy to work with and was open to any suggestions that we had. On top of her amazing talent, she is such a genuine woman! The next time we need a photographer, I'm calling Marci.

Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist 41
    Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist 42
    Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist 43
    Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist 44
  • Kylee

Kylee · Married on 08/18/2018

Loves the way our pictures turn out. Marci is extremely friendly and professional. We kind of rush to see our pictures (impatiently) and she didn’t give us a hard time at all. We got to see our pictures within 2 days!!

Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist 45

Sara · Married on 08/01/2018

Marci was awesome! We couldn’t be happier that we chose her for both our engagement and wedding photos! Our photos turned out beautiful and she did an amazing job of capturing our true personalities as well as our guests. The slide show at the reception was a great touch that many of our guests commented on. We also received our photos very quickly. Marci was very open to suggestions but also had many great ideas. She came very prepared the day of and gave us lots of tips and advice. I would highly recommend her!

• W

Will · Married on 07/24/2018

We hired Marci for our wedding this past summer and she was amazing! She worked very hard on our wedding day to capture the real and true essence of the moment and of the details that make the day special. Neither of us like the spotlight, however, Marci guided us into taking beautiful shots and made the experience fun. We were very pleased with our final proofs and we highly recommend Marci to everyone!

Will & Mary – July 2018

Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist 46

Taylor · Married on 07/07/2018

I barely even remember my wedding day because it was so chaotic and exciting. Marci was there with me every step of the way. She carries an “emergency bridal kit” which really saved the day when one of my buttons fell off! My husband and I are totally awkward and not photogenic, but she made us both feel comfortable in front of the camera. Our pictures turned out beautifully, and we couldn’t have asked for a better photographer to shoot our special day.

Anthony · Married on 05/27/2018

Marci was great to work with. Weddings (surprise!) can be stressful events. But Marci knows just what she is doing. She's on top of everything and comes prepared for everything. Her years of experience show. She tells you what you need to do and how to do it. It was a really pleasure to work with her. And, of course, the pics came out great!

Sherri · Married on 04/21/2018

When we started looking for a photographer the one thing we knew was that we wanted more of a photo journalist. Our search led us to Marci and, after reviewing her extensive portfolio, we reached out and met with her. After talking for 30 or so minutes we were pretty much sold! I'm a bit of an introvert so I had told FH that I needed to "like" our photographer since the person would be with us all day, Marci was definitely that person! Her sense of fun meshed perfectly with our intimate bridal party (my hubby's adult daughter and son served as MOH and BM) and allowed us to capture some truly magic moments before we formally cemented our relationship. Our only regret is that we didn't hire Marci for 10 hours instead of 8!

Kimberly · Married on 04/14/2018

I met Marci a couple days after getting engaged. From the moment I met her she had a wonderful upbeat personality. She showed me a couple of examples of her work, so I could get a feel. I knew right away that she was the one. I was so excited to have a photojournalist capturing our wedding day. Marci spent the whole day with us the day of our wedding. Starting at my in laws house getting pictures of my husband getting ready, then coming to church to get pictures of me. She moved the picture taking process a long so we could enjoy some of our cocktail hour. My husband was very appreciative. We got the edited pictures back one week later. That was amazing considering there was a couple thousand pictures. Our pictures turned out amazing. We could not be more happy. I only gave Marci a couple pictures I had to have and she did the rest. Her creative is amazing. Working with Marci was an unforgettable experience. She is a wonderful person. I would definitely hire her over and over again.

Dawn · Married on 04/07/2018

My husband and I had our engagement and wedding photographs taken by Marci. She is amazing! At the reception, she managed to take photographs of moments that captured our guest personalities. She does truly impressive work. She was responsive, flexible and easy to work with. Many of our guest comments on how they loved the slideshow. We got our pictures back quickly and have had nothing but wonderful feedback from everyone we have shown the pictures to.

Sent on 04/22/2018
    Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist 47
    Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist 48
    Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist 49
    Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist 50

Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist's reply:

Thanks so very much, Dawn! I loved how much fun you and Alex had connecting with each other and your guests!
  • MRE17

Morgan · Married on 11/10/2017

My husband and I have nothing but amazing things to say about Marci! she did our engagement photos this past spring and they turned out beautiful we knew at that point that we had to book her for our wedding. We got all our wedding photos back the following week and they didn't disappoint. Marci captured our wedding day beautifully. I can't wait to get them printed for our home and as gifts to our family for the holidays. Marci was the best to work with out of all our vendors so I highly, highly recommend her as your wedding day photographer!

Thank you so much Marci, you are the best!

Sent on 11/27/2017

Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist's reply:

Thanks so much, Morgan! Amazing wedding and so very brave to do sparklers in our first real freeze of the year! Congrats to you and Cameron!

Grace · Married on 10/28/2017

Seriously, Marci is an absolute A+! She did nothing but enhance our two-day celebration and was our favorite on-site vendor during the wedding. Marci was a calming presence, she never brought problems to us, only solutions, she was completely flexible, kept us smiling even when we felt stressed, kept our families calm and smiling and made sure that things ran smoothly and on time. Her photo slide-show was a big hit with our guests and everyone is blown away and impressed by the pictures we got (most of my friends told us that they didn't love their wedding pictures, not the case with us, we immediately loved our photos). And when my bridal party couldn't figure out my bustle, Marci got on her hands and knees to ensure that it got done--after she snapped a few photos of my loved ones working on the bustle. Plus, Marci captured other small moments that no one else saw but that were so meaningful to us. We cannot recommend her highly enough!

Sent on 11/20/2017

Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist's reply:

Thanks, Grace! That was an amazing two day extravaganza. This was non stop action and I loved that all my photojournalism skills came in handy. I also loved that the venue looked and was set up completely differently both days. You'd never know from the photos that we were in the same place! Thanks so much and keep laughing your Andy laugh.

Brittany · Married on 10/07/2017

I hired Marci after she did a wonderful job for my sister in law's wedding! On the day of our engagement photos we were in a bit of a time crunch and I was super stressed. Within 5 minutes everyone was relaxed and smiling! It was no small feat and I knew that no matter what went wrong on wedding day she would put me at ease with her calm yet jovial demeanor!
    On top of her wonderful personality Marci was professional, prompt, thorough and our photos look fantastic! I would hire her again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 10/20/2017
    Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist 51
    Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist 52
    Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist 53
    Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist 54
    Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist 55

Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist's reply:

Thanks, Brittany! It was so special to see you all again after last year's wedding and also for the engagement/family shoot. I really felt like just another family member (okay, sort of a stalker one at that!) who got to witness such intimate vows.

Gynelle · Married on 09/24/2017

Marci was great! Super friendly, approachable, and wonderful to work with. She's LGBTQA friendly and got some amazing pictures. I'm pretty over weight, and she still managed to get flattering pictures of me. Which is not easy. A++++++++

Sent on 10/24/2017

Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist's reply:

Loved this wedding so much, G and Heather! Thanks for letting me be a part of the day. It's rare that I'm brought to tears (it interferes with focusing!), but this one got me several times. Thanks for playing with me!

Ashlee · Married on 09/23/2017

Our wedding was 9-23-17, and I'm not just giving 5 stars to give 5 stars. The wedding day was hot, humid, and all kinds of crazy! She honestly was such a trooper that day, capturing shots that you'd know you'd want later but forgot to ask for, and completely open to our suggestions, even capturing our off the wall silly moments, no joke no one was ready except her with a camera when the groomsmen decided to throw the groom in the air! She was so calm and collected that day, I don't know how she managed it, and the slideshow of pictures played during the reception, that were captured at the ceremony and the park were an absolute hit, I have to admit I was a bit skeptical about it, but as a bride it helped to see what was captured and to see if I missed anything! She is reasonably priced, and she's real about everything, there's no guessing games, what you see is what you get, and if you have any questions just ask her, she's very honest! You may think that 8 hours of coverage is a lot but honestly it covered before, during, and after the ceremony, park pictures, and about half of my reception, our only enemy really was the sunlight. If you are lucky enough to book her, you will be satisfied she understands this is your day, and she will try her best to make it picture perfect for you!

Sent on 10/26/2017

Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist's reply:

Thanks, Ashlee! I know how important it was that everything you'd researched so thoroughly be perfect and I'm so pleased I passed your test! I also wish I could include photos here. The one of you sitting on the back steps nursing your babe during the reception is sweet and priceless. Thanks again!

Jen · Married on 09/16/2017

Once we set our wedding date, the very first vendor I reached out to was Marci. Marci had been the photographer for a friend's wedding, and I knew I had to have her for mine...I was literally prepared to change my wedding date if she was already booked! The emotions and special moments that Marci can capture are absolutely amazing...it's no wonder she's been voted best wedding photographer so many years in a row! Marci's friendly, fun personality had everyone laughing which made the day so enjoyable and relaxing.

If you choose to, Marci will also set up a TV screen at the reception, with select photos of the day set up as a slideshow. Our guests absolutely loved being able to see all of the moments taken in the hours leading up to the ceremony (e.g. the bride getting ready, the first look, the wedding party photos, etc.).

We absolutely loved working Marci and would highly recommend her to anyone who is looking for a photographer, whether it be for weddings, engagement photos, senior photos, etc.!!!!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist's reply:

Thanks so much, Jen! It was so nice seeing you again and getting to know all of Kim's family. I feel like I've made a new set of friends and hope to be a part of your lives (and the dogs and the cats and the kids) lives for years to come.

Heather · Married on 09/03/2017

Marci was great! She is extremely helpful and provided us with a ton of tips and advice well before our wedding day to help ensure our pictures would turn out beautifully- and they did! We love so many of our pictures we are going to have a hard time deciding which ones we want printed out! Marci was professional, helpful, friendly, and did a great job of capturing our wedding day.

Sent on 10/22/2017
    Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist 60
    Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist 61
    Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist 62

Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist's reply:

Thanks, Heather! It was so nice of you and Jason to just give it all over to me to do with you all as I wanted and to just play. I also loved that Jason cried pretty much all day long. Nothing gets me like a groom who is so happy and in the moments. Thanks again, love birds!

andreea · Married on 08/19/2017

First thing that comes to mind when I think of Marci is WONDERFUL! Choosing Marci as our wedding photographer was one of the best decisions that we have made. Since our first meeting, we felt comfortable with her and with the fact that she is very organized and always on time. Marci answered our emails extremely fast which puts one at ease especially when it came to such an important day in our lives. Marci is very professional, knows her job very well and comes up with great ideas in a fun way. Everyone in the wedding party felt very comfortable with her which has made the picture taking time less of the burden for them. Also during the ceremony and the reception she has managed to take some wonderful pictures even though she stayed invisible to the eye. If you're looking for a wedding photographer don't hesitate and choose Marci.

Sent on 09/15/2017

Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist's reply:

Thanks, Andreea! I had so much fun enjoying all of your multi-cultural friends and family and watching them riff off each other. The blending was seamless and everyone had so much fun together. That's truly special and I appreciate your letting me be there for you all.

Rebecca · Married on 08/12/2017

I cannot say enough great things about having Marci as our wedding photographer. We could not have chosen a better photographer to capture our special day. She was very professional but also fun to work with. Her past wedding experience was extremely helpful, she helped me make a reasonable timeline for the day of the wedding, and offered other pieces of advice along the way. I got compliments from numerous guests about how impressed they were with her professional manner, her ability to organize large groups quickly, and also about the quality of the photos they got to see on the slideshow she put together for dinner. She came on time and was prepared for anything, she even had a crochet hook to help button up my dress since my sister forgot one. She kept everything on schedule which helped me stay relaxed. She dealt with a drunk bridal party member very gracefully which I am so appreciative of. She was not an in your face photographer which we loved about her, she blended in and did not distract from any of the big moments, but made sure she was prepared to catch them all. She got our photos back to us within a week, and they turned out absolutely amazing! There are so many beautiful shots, and she captured all sorts of moments I did not even see happening. We will cherish these photos forever. Her prices are extremely reasonable and a huge bargain for the amount of experience she has and the quality of the photos we received. We would recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding photographer, and have already given her name to a couple guests from our own wedding at their request.

Sent on 08/28/2017

Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist's reply:

Wow! Thanks, Rebecca! I am stunned that you were so aware of what I was doing and can articulate all those behind the scenes things that are part of being a good and attentive wedding photographer! And here I thought I was being a ninja! You picked up (and appreciated) every single thing and yet stayed completely in the moment of your wedding day. Thanks so very, very much for noticing!

Kelly · Married on 08/04/2017

Marci did a great job capturing our wedding day! She has a knack for capturing those unforgettable, candid moments. We really love our pictures and appreciate all her hard work! We would especially recommend her to those on a budget, as she is one of the much more affordable photographers in the areas, but top quality all the way! :)

Sent on 10/24/2017

Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist's reply:

Thanks, Kelly! We were so lucky to have such a fabulous day and I loved the pace you set so all of us could really enjoy the day without feeling any chaos! I also loved all your wonderfully expressive moments throughout the day. When looking through the photos, there is no doubt how much you were enjoying the day!

Katie · Married on 07/29/2017

Marci was fantastic! My husband and I are so happy we hired her for our wedding! The pictures are absolutely stunning and everything about working with Marci was flawless. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer! I plan to use her again in my future!

Sent on 10/16/2017

Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist's reply:

Thanks, Katie! I loved working with you and Brad! This wedding party was very playful and just about every thought that crossed Katie's mind showed up on her face, which made her a JOY to photograph! Thanks so much for already sending some of your friends my way to photograph their weddings too!