Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist Reviews

155 | Troy, MI

155 Reviews for Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist

• Bridget

Bridget Roberts · Getting married on 03/04/2021

Book Marci now - do not hesitate!

Marci was the first vendor we booked - we love her work and her focus on the "real" moments of the day. She took our engagement photos and our wedding photos, and we love all of them. We of course have traditional portraits, but the most cherished photos we have are the candids of us and our loved ones. Marci was such a joy to work with. She was very responsive, and thorough but also was so fun and friendly. Throughout the planning process she was able to help guide us and advise on the optimal schedule for the day, and helped us to stick to that schedule. My husband isn't super comfortable in front of the camera, but she put us both at ease and we ended up with SO many beautiful shots to choose from that really captured the essence of the happiest day of our lives!

Sent on 11/02/2019
  • Sara

Sara Gresock · Married on 09/10/2020

Can't recommend Marci enough.

I couldn't be happier having Marci as our wedding photographer. From the very first message she was excited and eager to help, she was communicative the entire process which was a blessing during covid. She talked me through some precautions and what she has observed at previous events regarding having a safe and low risk wedding during the pandemic. Not only was Marci extremely professional but also so friendly and such a pleasure a work with. We laughed all throughout the day and she truly captured some special moments. I can't recommend Marci enough.

Sent on 09/23/2020

Samantha Cronin · Married on 08/22/2020

Great Customer Service and Products

Marci is a rockstar. With our wedding being during COVID, we have had multiple changes. Throughout everything, Marci stuck with us, was professional and provided great customer service. The pictures turned out beautiful and we have had several requests to share her information since posting them. 10/10 recommend - especially if you love great scenery pics for your special date.

Sent on 09/03/2020
  • Amanda

Amanda Kuhn · Married on 07/12/2020

Marci is awesome! (Even during a pandemic!)

Marci is awesome! We got married in July 2020, which means that our wedding plans changed drastically from the original plan, and there was uncertainty for months about exactly what our wedding would look like or when it would be. Through it all, Marci was flexible, compassionate, understanding, kind, and comforting. We ended up getting married in my parents' backyard, and Marci was really nice about making the journey to their house, even though it was farther away than the original venue by an hour. We had only six "guests" at our wedding, and we weren't sure if it would be a bit awkward having a photographer there, since my husband and I are already pretty awkward. However, it wasn't awkward at all -- Marci was wonderful! She fit right in. She was light-hearted and professional, and she had a calm and positive presence throughout the day. Also, she had our photos ready only five days after our wedding! We ended up with countless amazing photos, and we were in awe of how many natural moments of joy and connection she captured. We had an excellent experience with Marci and would highly recommend her! She is pandemic-wedding approved, for sure. :)

Sent on 09/19/2020

Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist's reply:

Thank you SO much, Amanda. You were so calm, collected and took all the changes for your dream wedding in stride. I loved how intimate and yet totally normal your backyard wedding was. It was fantastic :)

Diego R. · Married on 06/27/2020

Best Wedding Photographer I've ever Had!

She was fun, spontaneous, dedicated to capturing special moments, flexible and adaptive to the situation, and a joy converse with. We're very glad to have had her memorialize our special day.

Sent on 07/22/2020
  • Shana

Shana Schottenstein · Married on 06/14/2020

Fabulous wedding photographer

Marci was very professional and easy to work with. She always responded immediately to my emails. She is very sweet and easygoing and was a pleasure to have around at the wedding. And the pictures were beautiful! We were really happy that we hired her for our wedding and would definitely recommend her.

Sent on 08/26/2020

Jillian · Married on 02/16/2020

Candid and family photos

We had a small wedding and it was important to get candid photos of ourselves and our guests and Marcy did just that. Thank you!

Sent on 09/21/2020
  • Kayla

Kayla Reed · Married on 12/28/2019

Amazing experience

Marci is simply amazing. She photographed my sister’s wedding and the images were absolutely perfect. I had no doubt in my mind when I hired her for our wedding at the Planterra Conservatory in West Bloomfield, but she exceeded our expectations. She is very professional and extremely responsive. She gave us clear expectations for the wedding day and also welcomed all of my requests. I barely noticed that she was there during the wedding, but somehow have amazing photos of every single aspect of the day. She managed to capture perfect photos of me walking down the aisle as well as my husband watching me.. all while I had no idea she was there! She has a way of capturing every moment and telling a beautiful story- while keeping you looking flawless from every angle. To top it all off, we had all of our wedding photos less than a week after the wedding! I can’t say enough good things about Marci, and I highly recommend her to anyone who wants their wedding story documented in perfect detail.

Sent on 06/24/2020
  • Rebecca

Rebecca Roy · Married on 11/30/2019

Best. Photographer. Ever.

Marci is nothing short of incredible. She truly “told a story” with our day. I frequently look through our pictures that she took from our wedding day just to relive it over again. You won’t even know she’s there. She just quietly captures EVERYTHING. She is professional, on time, and makes you feel totally at ease when it comes to your pictures. She’s been a part of so many weddings that she knows where to be and when to be there. She’s quick to adapt to any situation and makes you feel as though nothing else matters except for this day at this moment. She exceeds expectations. If you don’t want to worry about your pictures on your wedding day, Marci Curtis is the best photographer there is.

Sent on 07/25/2020
  • Jonathan

Jonathan Price · Married on 11/05/2019

Highly skilled photographer - must book!

Marci photographed our wedding in Ann Arbor, Michigan, and simply did an amazing job! She was prompt in responding to our initial contact, and setup a Skype session with us as we were planning our wedding from out of state. She immediately put us at ease with her easy-to-work-with attitude, and clear depth of experience in the field. She took the time to get to know us and what we were looking for, and had very helpful suggestions for our planning. Leading up to the big day, she stayed in contact with additional tips and suggestions.

On the day of, she arrived right on time and we got to work taking pictures! She is highly skilled in setting up shots and maneuvering with her equipment, finding unique angles and lighting for the photographs. Throughout the entire event, she managed to captured fantastic candids of our guests and us as well as nail all the traditional posed photos.

You will not be disappointed with Marci - she's incredibly skilled, patient, professional, and helpful!

Sarah Connor · Married on 08/24/2019

Amazing photographer

Marci captures the most beautiful shots of my wedding.

Sent on 10/18/2019

Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist's reply:

Thanks so much, Sarah! Wish I could post a photo here. You looked AMAZING! Every single thing about this wedding was photogenic.

Lois Connor · Married on 08/24/2019

Great experience

Marci's background of photo journalism is what made us choose her. She did not disappoint! She has the ability to find the unique angle that others miss. She blends into the background, getting the candid, natural photos we wanted. Definitely will use her again for events!

• Matt

Matt Johnson · Married on 08/23/2019

Professional, Prompt, Primetime Photographer

Marci did an amazing job as our wedding photographer!
    When we were looking at various photographers in the area, Marci was extremely fast on her responses. Her communication was very open and gave us a strong confidence we would like working with her. And we were right!

Marci was extremely professional and dedicated to our wedding. Leading up to the wedding was such a relief knowing we would be in good hands when it came to our photos. On the day of the ceremony Marci showed up very early, causing no concerns for us. She was knowledgeable of the area and did a great job getting us in the right places at the right time. She handled our families’ needs professionally and swiftly, keeping us on track but also making everyone happy. She captured the magic of the first look, ceremony, cake cutting, reception, and everything else very well.

After the ceremony she was able to get us the photos in half the time she promised them to us. So we got to add to our enjoyment of our honeymoon with all of our wedding photos!

In short, Marci exceeded our (already high) expectations for our photographer at a very competitive price. If you’re looking for a photographer and Marci is available, you should book with her!

Sent on 10/21/2019

Brie W · Married on 07/26/2019

Unique, beautiful pictures

Going with Marci was one of the best choices we made for our wedding. We had a great time working with her and loved the sense of playfulness she brings to her job. Her eye for a great photo opp is really something to behold. She totally helped us out of our shells (and into a pose on a really big boulder, cuz why not!) One of our favorite shots!

Sent on 08/27/2019

Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist's reply:

Thanks so much, Brie! I loved how sweet and caring you and Alex are with each other. Sure would like to leave that boulder photo here to show you two off!
  • Suhael

Suhael Momin · Married on 07/20/2019

Fantastic wedding photojournalist

We found Marci via her online reputation, and couldn't have been more fortunate in finding a wedding photographer. She met with us and learned about us doing our engagement shoot, and remembered so many details about our likes/dislikes when it comes to photos, comfort level with staged shots, etc. She had our photos (1600+) to us within a week of the wedding (!!!). The day of our wedding was absurdly hot (97F) and our photos were outside - she was thoughtful enough to send an e-mail the night before reminding us to bring water, extra clothes, etc, and worked with us to make sure we got awesome pictures despite the heat/sun. She knew our venue extremely well (Henry Ford Museum / photos in Greenfield Village), so we could find the best spots quickly. She's funny, puts you at ease and is a joy to work with. We cannot recommend her more highly.

• Carrie

Carrie Shunia · Married on 06/29/2019

Great experience overall!

Marci took our engagement photos in Sept. 2018 and wedding photos in June 2019, and both days were hotter than Hades outside. Marci did a great job keeping us cool, calm and collected throughout both sessions, and she found the perfect balance of everything! She made sure the lighting was perfect for our photos without fussing too much, knowing we were pouring sweat, but she also didn't make us feel rushed. We didn't have much time for wedding photos and she made sure to get all the shots we wanted and keep everybody moving. She made us feel relaxed and just blended in with the rest of the day. We loved working with her and highly recommend her!

Sent on 08/04/2019

Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist's reply:

Thanks so very much, Carrie! I love watching Ron tear up as you walked down the aisle to him and how supportive you two are with each other.
  • Caitrin

Caitrin Conroy · Married on 06/28/2019

You Won't Get Anyone Better

Marci was perfection. From the first email to the follow up post-wedding, everything she did was friendly, funny, lighthearted and caring. We had a non traditional wedding, on the river, in the middle of nowhere (not on a map, no road names), well outside her typical service area. She convinced us she was looking forward to it, found it!! on time, and jumped in (figuratively AND literally) it with a contagious good naturedness. Marci WAS invisible, like she claims, but also totally present. We got comments about how funny she is, the jokes she would make with our families, and how she would materialize to take a photo when no one saw her coming. We have photos of EVERYONE, posed, and more importantly, candid. Our photos are Creative, interesting, well composed---They're all beautiful and capture the feeling of the whole day. (and she got them back to us insanely fast!) We would like to STRONGLY encourage you to choose her as your photographer.

Sent on 10/18/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 06/01/2019

Amazing photographer and an awesome person too!

I remembered Marci from when she did my senior pictures back in 2011 so when I got engaged last year she was the first one I thought of! My then fiance and I met with her and I remembered why! Her personality is truly wonderful and makes her so easy to work with! She did both our engagement photos and our wedding photos and both are truly amazing and beautiful! She got our photos back to us so quickly and even helped us get some awesome engagement photos with our then 1 year old pitbull who has TONS of energy but she managed to convince her with treats to stay still and look at the camera! Marci captured so many awesome memories at our wedding and we will cherish them forever! The only issue is I now have to decide how many pictures I can get away with printing and hanging around the house before my husband stops me :) If you want a photographer who captures all the best moments and makes you feel comfortable doing it then book with Marci! You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 07/01/2019

Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist's reply:

Yay! You got to post photos so everyone can see how incredibly romantic you two look and I can see a few of my favorites here as well. Thanks so very, very much!

Leigh Pillars · Married on 05/26/2019

A Miraculous Woman

It's impossible to find words that fully express how remarkable Marci is. We did not meet her until the Big Day, but her thorough and intuitive communication made it feel like meeting up with an old friend. Her energy is infectiously light-hearted and it is apparent that she loves what she does and cares about capturing the real moments and emotions of your wedding. She is a true artist who finds uniquely beautiful ways to frame what is happening, rather than staging it. She effortlessly navigated complicated family connections and made everyone feel comfortable and excited. Her skills are unmatched. We will be forever grateful to her for documenting our wedding in a way that allows us to relive each moment for the rest of our lives.

Sent on 06/04/2019

Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist's reply:

Thank you Leigh. This was such a fun, spontaneous day full of joie de vive! I've never seen such silly and supportive people standing up with a couple. They really cloaked you both in their love.
  • Araz

Araz Hashemi · Married on 05/25/2019

Truely phenomenal photos and experience

We can't recommend Marci highly enough! The photos turned better than we could have ever hoped. It really captured the magic of the day, and our family and friends can't stop talking about how great the pictures are. She had some great ideas for shots and we absolutely treasure the results.
    Marci herself is also a joy to work with. She made everything easy and streamlined so we could just focus on enjoying ourselves. Our day wouldn't have been as great as it was without Marci!

Sent on 11/02/2019
  • Katlyn

Katlyn Friel · Married on 11/23/2018

Marci is Phenomenal!

We are so glad that we found Marci to photograph our wedding in November! My now husband and I live in Arizona, however were planning a wedding in Michigan. We had limited opportunities to travel back and forth leading up to the big day, so it was very important that our vendors were accessible through phone and email during the planning process. We found Marci just by googling photographers online - she had such rave reviews on all the major sites and I loved her work so we went for it and reached out to her. She responded right away and her pricing was almost scary reasonable compared to some other photographers that we had contacted. Marci was an absolute delight to work with leading up to our wedding - she emailed us frequently, responded quickly to any inquiries we had and though we never met her until the wedding day, I knew we were going to be in great hands. The day of the wedding, Marci showed up on time and began working her magic - I appreciated that she ran the show and kept everyone on schedule and in order. We had some interesting family dynamics but wanted to make sure we had photos of everyone in the blended families and Marci was a huge help in being the ringleader and getting those shots we were worried we wouldnt be able to have. My favorite thing about Marci is when her photojournalist side comes out and captures fun moments and candids that I didnt even realize were happening - it made for some really special photos! She sent over 1600 images from our wedding within a week of our wedding day and we were absolutely blown away - we loved so many photos it was so hard to narrow down our favorites. I cannot recommend Marci enough - thank you again!

Sent on 01/01/2019
  • Danielle

Danielle Richards · Married on 10/20/2018

Wedding Photography

Marci is absolutely wonderful! She captured our wedding day perfectly through her photos. We have so many to choose from and we got them back within a week! She is professional, flexible, and has an easy-going personality.

Sent on 12/22/2018

Katie · Married on 09/29/2018

Marci was hands down one of the best investments we made for our wedding (tied with our DJ and the dessert baker!). She is an excellent photographer that somehow manages to capture tiny millisecond moments of pure bliss/silliness/insert any other emotion here. She works solo and is amazing at blending into the background, seamlessly taking photographs throughout the night. She is a unique photographer that stands by her work and does not do the stereotypical "Etsy poses" that you might run across more recently these days. So if you're looking for someone who will do a shoot from a list of wedding couture poses, she's not your gal. She works a lot with colors, reflection, sunlight, shadows, etc and you get comfortable in front of the camera pretty quickly with her. We met in person and she showed us her album of work, and then when I suggested a price range/time frame she actually suggested I do the less expensive package based on what she heard for the itinerary. I really appreciated her being honest and not trying to upsell us on anything.
    We did the engagement photo shoot which was an hour and then the 8 hour package for the wedding. We have digital copy rights to all the photos she took - 300ish total from the 1 hour shoot and 1800ish from the wedding! She is also super reasonably priced for amazing quality. We have gotten so many compliments from our guests about the photo album so far. One downside may be if you try to navigate her website, it's a little wordy/redundant with some of the hyperlinks she has made and not so easy to navigate all the time. But she is aware of this and working on it. It has not been a problem for us when it came to hiring/communicating with her!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Catherine · Married on 09/08/2018

Marci was wonderful to work with and the photos are epic! She really captures the joy and emotion of the day. There were so many unique perspectives in our picture which made them even more beautiful. I am in love with our pictures- all of our guests are blown away at how beautiful they are! click link for more pictures - http://www.marcicurtis.com/blog/red-riding-hood-stables-wedding-with-holly-hotel-catherine-and-jim/

Sent on 10/10/2018

Christina · Married on 08/31/2018

Marci shot both our wedding and engagement photos and we could not be happier! I love her style of how she shoots candid pictures. Not every photo is posed which I love. She gets true to life pics and I swear you don’t even know she is there as she just floats around capturing the magic of the day!

Sent on 09/19/2018