127 Reviews for Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist

Engagement Shoot (2)
Custom Graphics (1)
Liability Insurance (1)
127 Marci Curtis - Wedding Photojournalist Reviews

Marci shot both our wedding and engagement photos and we could not be happier! I love her style of how she shoots candid pictures. Not every photo is posed which I love. She gets true to life pics and I swear you don’t even know she is there as she just floats around capturing the magic of the day!

Profile Picture Christina , 8/31/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

I am so incredibly happy that I found Marci!! We hired Marci for our engagement and wedding photos. Her vision is like nothing I have ever seen before. She took so many amazing photos including so many candid shots of our guests. I loved going through all of our pictures (so many more than I could have imagined!) as there were so many moments I didn't see and Marci gave them to me. At our reception, she set up a TV and showed some of our engagement pictures as well as some pictures she took during the ceremony. All of the guests loved it! She was so easy to work with and was open to any suggestions that we had. On top of her amazing talent, she is such a genuine woman! The next time we need a photographer, I'm calling Marci.

Profile Picture Sarah, 8/25/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Loves the way our pictures turn out. Marci is extremely friendly and professional. We kind of rush to see our pictures (impatiently) and she didn’t give us a hard time at all. We got to see our pictures within 2 days!!

Profile Picture Kylee, 8/18/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files

Marci was awesome! We couldn’t be happier that we chose her for both our engagement and wedding photos! Our photos turned out beautiful and she did an amazing job of capturing our true personalities as well as our guests. The slide show at the reception was a great touch that many of our guests commented on. We also received our photos very quickly. Marci was very open to suggestions but also had many great ideas. She came very prepared the day of and gave us lots of tips and advice. I would highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Sara, 8/1/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We hired Marci for our wedding this past summer and she was amazing! She worked very hard on our wedding day to capture the real and true essence of the moment and of the details that make the day special. Neither of us like the spotlight, however, Marci guided us into taking beautiful shots and made the experience fun. We were very pleased with our final proofs and we highly recommend Marci to everyone!

Will & Mary – July 2018

Profile Picture Will, 7/24/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Marcy was wonderful throughout our entire wedding! I was a bit nervous because I never actually took the initiative to meet her in person prior to the wedding, but she showed up and was incredibly prepared, punctual, and professional. Rather than adding to any pre-wedding stress, Marcy took the initiative to send an email with great prep tips and even showed up with a tool-kit for emergencies! After the wedding we were supplied with over 1,500 photos of our special day. My mom even commented how wonderfully she did at capturing all of our guests. I would definitely recommend!

Profile Picture Laura, 7/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Marci was great to work with. Weddings (surprise!) can be stressful events. But Marci knows just what she is doing. She's on top of everything and comes prepared for everything. Her years of experience show. She tells you what you need to do and how to do it. It was a really pleasure to work with her. And, of course, the pics came out great!

Profile Picture Anthony, 5/27/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event/Day

When we started looking for a photographer the one thing we knew was that we wanted more of a photo journalist. Our search led us to Marci and, after reviewing her extensive portfolio, we reached out and met with her. After talking for 30 or so minutes we were pretty much sold! I'm a bit of an introvert so I had told FH that I needed to "like" our photographer since the person would be with us all day, Marci was definitely that person! Her sense of fun meshed perfectly with our intimate bridal party (my hubby's adult daughter and son served as MOH and BM) and allowed us to capture some truly magic moments before we formally cemented our relationship. Our only regret is that we didn't hire Marci for 10 hours instead of 8!

Profile Picture Sherri, 4/21/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

I met Marci a couple days after getting engaged. From the moment I met her she had a wonderful upbeat personality. She showed me a couple of examples of her work, so I could get a feel. I knew right away that she was the one. I was so excited to have a photojournalist capturing our wedding day. Marci spent the whole day with us the day of our wedding. Starting at my in laws house getting pictures of my husband getting ready, then coming to church to get pictures of me. She moved the picture taking process a long so we could enjoy some of our cocktail hour. My husband was very appreciative. We got the edited pictures back one week later. That was amazing considering there was a couple thousand pictures. Our pictures turned out amazing. We could not be more happy. I only gave Marci a couple pictures I had to have and she did the rest. Her creative is amazing. Working with Marci was an unforgettable experience. She is a wonderful person. I would definitely hire her over and over again.

Profile Picture Kimberly, 4/14/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Additional Hours, Custom Graphics, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations

My husband and I had our engagement and wedding photographs taken by Marci. She is amazing! At the reception, she managed to take photographs of moments that captured our guest personalities. She does truly impressive work. She was responsive, flexible and easy to work with. Many of our guest comments on how they loved the slideshow. We got our pictures back quickly and have had nothing but wonderful feedback from everyone we have shown the pictures to.

Profile Picture Dawn, 4/7/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

My husband and I have nothing but amazing things to say about Marci! she did our engagement photos this past spring and they turned out beautiful we knew at that point that we had to book her for our wedding. We got all our wedding photos back the following week and they didn't disappoint. Marci captured our wedding day beautifully. I can't wait to get them printed for our home and as gifts to our family for the holidays. Marci was the best to work with out of all our vendors so I highly, highly recommend her as your wedding day photographer!

Thank you so much Marci, you are the best!

Profile Picture Morgan, 11/10/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, One Event/Day

Seriously, Marci is an absolute A+! She did nothing but enhance our two-day celebration and was our favorite on-site vendor during the wedding. Marci was a calming presence, she never brought problems to us, only solutions, she was completely flexible, kept us smiling even when we felt stressed, kept our families calm and smiling and made sure that things ran smoothly and on time. Her photo slide-show was a big hit with our guests and everyone is blown away and impressed by the pictures we got (most of my friends told us that they didn't love their wedding pictures, not the case with us, we immediately loved our photos). And when my bridal party couldn't figure out my bustle, Marci got on her hands and knees to ensure that it got done--after she snapped a few photos of my loved ones working on the bustle. Plus, Marci captured other small moments that no one else saw but that were so meaningful to us. We cannot recommend her highly enough!

Profile Picture Grace, 10/28/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

I hired Marci after she did a wonderful job for my sister in law's wedding! On the day of our engagement photos we were in a bit of a time crunch and I was super stressed. Within 5 minutes everyone was relaxed and smiling! It was no small feat and I knew that no matter what went wrong on wedding day she would put me at ease with her calm yet jovial demeanor!
On top of her wonderful personality Marci was professional, prompt, thorough and our photos look fantastic! I would hire her again in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture Brittany, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Marci was great! Super friendly, approachable, and wonderful to work with. She's LGBTQA friendly and got some amazing pictures. I'm pretty over weight, and she still managed to get flattering pictures of me. Which is not easy. A++++++++

Profile Picture Gynelle, 9/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Our wedding was 9-23-17, and I'm not just giving 5 stars to give 5 stars. The wedding day was hot, humid, and all kinds of crazy! She honestly was such a trooper that day, capturing shots that you'd know you'd want later but forgot to ask for, and completely open to our suggestions, even capturing our off the wall silly moments, no joke no one was ready except her with a camera when the groomsmen decided to throw the groom in the air! She was so calm and collected that day, I don't know how she managed it, and the slideshow of pictures played during the reception, that were captured at the ceremony and the park were an absolute hit, I have to admit I was a bit skeptical about it, but as a bride it helped to see what was captured and to see if I missed anything! She is reasonably priced, and she's real about everything, there's no guessing games, what you see is what you get, and if you have any questions just ask her, she's very honest! You may think that 8 hours of coverage is a lot but honestly it covered before, during, and after the ceremony, park pictures, and about half of my reception, our only enemy really was the sunlight. If you are lucky enough to book her, you will be satisfied she understands this is your day, and she will try her best to make it picture perfect for you!

Profile Picture Ashlee, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Once we set our wedding date, the very first vendor I reached out to was Marci. Marci had been the photographer for a friend's wedding, and I knew I had to have her for mine...I was literally prepared to change my wedding date if she was already booked! The emotions and special moments that Marci can capture are absolutely amazing...it's no wonder she's been voted best wedding photographer so many years in a row! Marci's friendly, fun personality had everyone laughing which made the day so enjoyable and relaxing.

If you choose to, Marci will also set up a TV screen at the reception, with select photos of the day set up as a slideshow. Our guests absolutely loved being able to see all of the moments taken in the hours leading up to the ceremony (e.g. the bride getting ready, the first look, the wedding party photos, etc.).

We absolutely loved working Marci and would highly recommend her to anyone who is looking for a photographer, whether it be for weddings, engagement photos, senior photos, etc.!!!!

Profile Picture Jen, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Marci was great! She is extremely helpful and provided us with a ton of tips and advice well before our wedding day to help ensure our pictures would turn out beautifully- and they did! We love so many of our pictures we are going to have a hard time deciding which ones we want printed out! Marci was professional, helpful, friendly, and did a great job of capturing our wedding day.

Photo
Profile Picture Heather, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

First thing that comes to mind when I think of Marci is WONDERFUL! Choosing Marci as our wedding photographer was one of the best decisions that we have made. Since our first meeting, we felt comfortable with her and with the fact that she is very organized and always on time. Marci answered our emails extremely fast which puts one at ease especially when it came to such an important day in our lives. Marci is very professional, knows her job very well and comes up with great ideas in a fun way. Everyone in the wedding party felt very comfortable with her which has made the picture taking time less of the burden for them. Also during the ceremony and the reception she has managed to take some wonderful pictures even though she stayed invisible to the eye. If you're looking for a wedding photographer don't hesitate and choose Marci.

Profile Picture andreea, 8/19/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Additional Hours, One Event/Day, Slideshow, Digital Files

I cannot say enough great things about having Marci as our wedding photographer. We could not have chosen a better photographer to capture our special day. She was very professional but also fun to work with. Her past wedding experience was extremely helpful, she helped me make a reasonable timeline for the day of the wedding, and offered other pieces of advice along the way. I got compliments from numerous guests about how impressed they were with her professional manner, her ability to organize large groups quickly, and also about the quality of the photos they got to see on the slideshow she put together for dinner. She came on time and was prepared for anything, she even had a crochet hook to help button up my dress since my sister forgot one. She kept everything on schedule which helped me stay relaxed. She dealt with a drunk bridal party member very gracefully which I am so appreciative of. She was not an in your face photographer which we loved about her, she blended in and did not distract from any of the big moments, but made sure she was prepared to catch them all. She got our photos back to us within a week, and they turned out absolutely amazing! There are so many beautiful shots, and she captured all sorts of moments I did not even see happening. We will cherish these photos forever. Her prices are extremely reasonable and a huge bargain for the amount of experience she has and the quality of the photos we received. We would recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding photographer, and have already given her name to a couple guests from our own wedding at their request.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 8/12/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: High-Res Images, Slideshow, Digital Files

Marci did a great job capturing our wedding day! She has a knack for capturing those unforgettable, candid moments. We really love our pictures and appreciate all her hard work! We would especially recommend her to those on a budget, as she is one of the much more affordable photographers in the areas, but top quality all the way! :)

Profile Picture Kelly, 8/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Marci was fantastic! My husband and I are so happy we hired her for our wedding! The pictures are absolutely stunning and everything about working with Marci was flawless. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer! I plan to use her again in my future!

Profile Picture Katie , 7/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, One Event/Day, Slideshow, Digital Files

Marci was extremely friendly, professional, and cooperative with all of our requests for our engagement shoot - looking forward to having her shoot our wedding!

Profile Picture Jon, 7/22/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We are so happy with our wedding photos. Marci caught so many special moments of us and our family and guests. She managed to catch every important moment from different angles without us even noticing her presence. Anyone can take staged shots but Marci captured memories for us. I HIGHLY recommend!!!!

Profile Picture Lisa, 7/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We hired Marci to photograph our June 2017 wedding and she was AMAZING.

Marci was so incredibly easy to work with! She helped guide us through the whole process, including choosing extra locations and day-of scheduling. She was a lifesaver for family pictures, keeping everyone organized and swift (we had to leave the church in time for the following wedding) so we could get our own church pictures as well.

She followed our wedding party bus to two extra locations and got amazing shots we hadn't even dreamed of. When we got to the reception, she already had chosen and edited a selection of the day's photos for a preview sideshow our guests loved! She captured amazing reception shots too and even snuck us outside to get sunset pictures by the water.

Marci is really fun to work with and we would absolutely recommend her for any occasion. Our pictures look awesome!

Profile Picture Anne , 6/24/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files, Multi. Locations, Slideshow

The moment we decided we were getting married in Waterford, I started the search for our photographer. My husband and I live in NYC and his aunt offered their lake house on Maceday Lake for our ceremony. I searched every wedding and review site available to search for photographers and we had Skype interviews with our top 8(!) photographers. The minute we spoke to Marci we knew we had found the perfect person to be our photographer. My husband is incredibly photogenic but when it comes to posed photos, I rarely look good so I was particular interested in Marci’s style which I believe she described as being a ninja. She would blend into the scenes and take lovely candid shots. My greatest hope is that there would be a few shots I really loved, then some more that were good, and then the majority unusable due to me being very un-photogenic.
Here are the two truly incredible parts: First, we got out pictures A WEEK after our wedding. I have never heard of getting wedding photos so soon. Second, we found we had a really great problem- there were so many INCREDIBLE photos, how do we even start to whittle them down? For someone as self conscious about their face as me, I never could have imagined I would be in love with as many photos as I am in love with from ours. Our number one priority in finding a photographer was getting someone who could capture our relationship, we feel it’s unique (as I’m sure any couple does) and Marci absolutely captured who we are as a couple. We are both comedians, and there is such a great variety of silly pictures and beautiful moments.

Profile Picture Caitlin, 6/3/17, 2 Reviews