Marcela Pulido Photography Reviews

23 Reviews for Marcela Pulido Photography

• Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 10/19/2018

Incredible

Marcela is the best around! She photographed our pre-wedding and wedding in Maui. We are blown away by the photographs she took. They are beautiful candids with some staged photos (that don’t appear staged). She captured each moment perfectly. Now we are able to re-live our wedding and all the emotions every time we look at them. Thank you Marcela! You are INCREDIBLE!

Sent on 12/12/2018

Colleen · Married on 09/01/2018

Marcela is incredible. We waited a bit longer to book a photographer for our wedding and Marcela was recommended to us by a couple of other photographers who were booked for our date. After looking through her portfolio, we knew she was the photographer we wanted. Her pictures are expressive and real and the uniqueness of the pictures stands out. Flipping through her pictures, you can see that they are true to the people and places in them. She has an eye for scenery and positioning, and the way she plays with lighting and shadows is incredible. That is my favorite part of our pictures...hands down! Most importantly, Marcela was incredibly patient, and brought the perfect amount of sternness to help wrangle people, while also being so kind and fun to work with. I am still amazed at all of the angles and perfect moments that she captured, especially working on her own! I'd highly, highly recommend Marcela and smile knowing that she'll always be a part of our wedding memories.

Sent on 09/19/2018

Violet · Married on 07/18/2017

We loved working with Marcela Pulido! She was encouraging and inspiring! Our wedding photos turned out great!

Sent on 12/27/2016

Ruby · Married on 07/17/2017

The thing that drew us to Marcela (besides the beautiful photography!) was the diversity of the people she photographed. Other photographers that we looked at seemed to be too careful about choosing ‘model-looking’ clients and the content that they displayed didn’t seem genuine-too posed. Looking through Marcela’s portfolio I could tell that she was able to capture authentic and perfectly imperfect moments of real people beautifully, which was something that we really wanted.
    I thought I would be nervous, as I’m not someone that likes getting their photo taken, but I was surprised how easily she made it and how comfortable she made us feel. Through our entire session, we felt like we were hanging out with an old friend. She was very open to our ideas, including having a sunrise first-look (super early!), hiking to our ceremony spot (with a cold!), and was even down to stop between our first look and ceremony locations for a quick breakfast. She joined us afterward, during our reception as a friend, and blended right in with everyone. Our families even commented about how nice and respectful she was. Our photos turned out more beautiful than I ever could have imagined. She took photos during times that I didn’t even realize she was photographing, photos that I didn’t realize I would want. She’s like a ninja! She was able to capture so many beautiful, emotional, and understated moments and I’m so glad I have the photos to document our day. I can’t stop looking at them!
    Besides being an incredibly talented, passionate, and professional photographer, she is a genuinely kind, chill, humble person. I don’t think we could have chosen a better person to photograph our day. She was an absolute joy to work with and we enjoyed having her around. Thank you Marcela!

Sent on 08/04/2017

Marcela Pulido Photography's reply:

Oh, Ruby! You're so sweet! Thank you so much for the kind words, I enjoyed every moment I spent with you and your family and was more than happy to capture your beautiful love story!
  • W

Wei · Married on 11/26/2016

Marcela is just AMAZING! We booked her for our engagement pictures. She is quite a listener and showed great respect to our ideas for the engagement pics. Her creativity and artistic style were exactly what we were looking for, and she is so wonderful to work with, lots of laughter and fun during the shoot. What moved us most is that she cares deeply for her clients and is willing to try anything to deliver uniquely high-quality product. In order to get a perfect pic of me standing in water, she didn't even care to get her shoes all wet. Last of all, since we have a real short timeline and we had to get all pics within one month, she managed to give us a large selection of beautiful pictures to choose from right on time, which is very impressive! We highly recommend Marcela. She's an awesome person to work with. You won't regret it!

Sent on 02/17/2017

Kelly · Married on 10/01/2016

Marcela was such a wonderful presence to have at our wedding! She was upfront and communicative about what we could expect and provided the most wonderful photos that we will cherish forever. We allowed Marcela to find a "first look" location for us and she did not disappoint. We appreciated her artistic perspective while capturing the most authentic emotions of our wedding day. We would absolutely recommend Marcela for any of our friends or family looking for photographs and will not hesitate to contact her for photos in the future. Thank you, Marcela!

Sent on 09/06/2017

Rose · Married on 09/11/2016

We loved working with Marcela for our wedding! She was kind and professional and a lot of fun!

Sent on 12/20/2016

Tara · Married on 08/27/2016

She was incredibly punctual, on our day of the wedding there was bad traffic and she was still on time. Not only was she on time, but was very patient with my large family taking photos. Every picture I have from her is beautiful, capturing romantic and intimate moments that a generic wedding photographer wouldn't be able to capture. The quality of work we received was worth every penny. Even the flash drive came in an adorable box with her logo. I can tell she is extremely passionate about her work and strives to be everything a bride wants from her photographer. Thank you Marcela for capturing our wonderful day!

Sent on 12/19/2016

Marcela Pulido Photography's reply:

Aw, thank you so much for the kind words Tara! You were an absolute dream to work with!

Sarah · Married on 07/17/2016

Marcela is awesome! She is so easy going yet professional and will make you feel comfortable even though having cameras all around you is a little awkward. :) My fiance and I felt like we were hanging out with a good friend.
    If you are looking for a photo session outdoors, Marcela will be completely willing to take the trek to find the best location. She will turn your photo session into an adventure!
    Highly recommend!

Thanks Marcela! <3

Sent on 05/24/2016

Julien · Married on 07/06/2016

Not only is Marcela an amazing talent--she's also a tremendous human being and exactly the kind of company you'll want to have with you on your wedding day. No problematic ego or facade; Marcela is simply a genuine person and a pleasure to have had around on such a special day.

Sent on 11/02/2016

These are the sweetest words! Thank you so so much. < 3

Alyssa · Married on 06/04/2016

Marcela is such a gem. I couldn't have asked for a better experience! The whole family loved having her, and she captured our day perfectly. I will cherish these photos forever. So thankful our paths crossed!

Sent on 10/25/2016

Kristen · Married on 11/01/2015

Marcela was an amazing photographer. She captured authentic and beautiful photos and I couldn't have asked for anything more. She has an amazing eye for photography and knows exactly which moments you will want for the rest of your life. She is great at what she does and I love each photos that she took!

Josef · Married on 09/19/2015

Having had the pleasure to work with Marcela and her team, we can attest that her skill, professionalism, and end product are of excellent quality. From our first meeting with her, we immediately felt a connection and knew she was the perfect fit - someone who was able to become a friend, while still putting the quality of her work first and foremost. Our wedding album is gorgeous and Marcela's body of work speaks for itself.

She is an excellent communicator and her response time is very prompt. She will make absolutely sure that your event is memorialized beautifully. Marcela also provided wonderful suggestions for our wedding from the ceremony to the location of the after party. She is clearly experienced, always professional, and an absolute pleasure to work with.

We highly recommend Marcela! She's fantastic!

• W

Wilson · Married on 09/19/2015

As someone who was planning a destination, I was really shooting in the dark when I initially selected her from a list of Wedding photographers that our Concierge at our hotel where we were booking our Wedding Party Accommodations had emailed me.
    However, she was hands down, a stand-out in this after visiting the others' websites. Her style was exactly what we were going for, professional, editorial, non-cliche' posed wedding documentation. When we had made the final selections on Venue, my fiance' and I scheduled a quick trip up the month prior to our wedding to make final selections with Vendors and a walk-through of the Marina to pick the best locations. We met her at a coffee shop and couldn't stop talking as we hit it off immediately, we had similar interests and that made the selection an easy one.

When it came to the wedding day, her and assistant, were so easy to deal with, low-key. We were emphatic that we did not overly posed pictures. They met us in our suite as my husband and I were finishing up getting ready, we then took a Town Car with driver to Olympic Park down by the Water to take shots of just he and I prior to arriving at the ceremony and reception site at the Marina. By the time it was all over, I didn't even realize that they had been there the whole time. They were inconspicuous so that we were able to enjoy our family and friends, however, were right there when a special shot was needed. Our photo album speaks volumes to her ability and art form and is forever a memory we will cherish.

Sent on 05/24/2016

Marcela was an AMAZING photographer to work with. My (now wife!) and I had worked with some other photographers in the past and had always been made to feel like the shoot was a little artificial. Marcela was not like that at all! She showed up at our location a day early, just to make sure she could meet us and see where we would be shooting. Not only that, but she had a second photographer accompany her and stayed late on the day of at no additional cost to us, which was a huge bonus! Thank you Marcela!

On the day of, it was so obvious that she and Janie (sorry if that's misspelled! :) ) cared about the photos, but even more, about us working together and being comfortable as a couple. And the photos - we could not be happier with them! Marcela really was able to tell the "story" of the wedding through the photos. I was impressed by how well she organized our - extremely - large extended families and how much care she took to get the photos we had asked for. Not only that, but she had such an eye for creative in-the-moment photos - just, really, nothing but positives. With a wedding, you have only got one chance to get so many of the memories captured - Marcela is someone you can trust to do that completely!

We've already recommended Marcela to several of our friends/relatives who are getting married in the coming months and we hope that you decide to take advantage of her talent as well!

Sent on 08/31/2015

Tah-lia · Married on 06/13/2015

Our original photographer cancelled a week before our wedding. A friend referred me to Marcela and I was instantly in love with her photography after viewing her website. I immediately sent and email hoping that she was available and she responded within 24 hrs with a quote and detailed description on her wedding packages. We were so happy that she was our photographer and adore our wedding photographs. She is wonderful to work with, professional, responsive, on time and just absolutely fabulous!

Sent on 12/14/2016
  • Kathleen

Kathleen · Married on 03/21/2015

My husband and I booked Marcela for our one year wedding anniversary shoot in Portland. It was our first time visiting Oregon, and we wanted an adventure session that would capture us as a couple. When I came across her website, I knew she was the perfect fit. We communicated via email regularly during the month before our trip, discussing locations and the type of feel we were going for. Marcela was very quick to respond to emails and I felt confident that she would be able to capture what we wanted. When we finally met, we immediately hit it off and became instant friends. We spent the day driving around Portland and to the Columbia River Gorge. Marcela was down for everything we wanted to do, even a hike in the pouring rain to some breathtaking waterfalls!

We got our photos a week after our shoot and they turned out amazing (see for yourself in her profile)! Our friends and family were completely blown away. We can't thank Marcela enough for capturing a special time in our lives and we would definitely book her again for any other events in our lives!

James · event on 01/24/2015

This is one of the most beautiful and important moment of our life. I am so grateful that Marcela able to record all these moments. We love all the photos, and this really means a lot to us. Thank you!

Sent on 02/05/2015

Casey · event on 09/25/2014

Marcela did an amazing job photographing my company's first annual fall boat cruise. It was a tricky party to photograph with many levels and rooms to the boat, but she was seamless as she floated about the party making awkward and shy coworkers at ease to take their picture. Many candid shots and posed pictures will forever be our permanent memory of the event! She is such a wonderful person and truly cares about her clients needs. She has a natural eye for photography and seemed to always be in the perfect place at the right time to capture the best moments! Within just a few days the pictures were very professionally edited and up on the internet for us to look over. If you hire her you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 01/13/2015
  • User4692293 · event on 08/14/2013

Marcela took my engagement pictures and they turned out amazing! She is very kind and open to any specific poses you may have. she is creative and adds her own experiences to make your shoot memorable.

Sent on 01/13/2015

jessica · Married on 05/31/2013

Marcella is such an amazing photographer! She did our engagement and wedding pictures with short notice, and did an amazing job. She is so creative and I highly recommend her for any event.

Sent on 02/07/2015
  • User4870632 · event on 01/15/2011

Photographer was AMAZING! She has done family portraits for us as well as other. She's very easy going, gives good direction and her photos are proof! I have even recommended her to a family to do her wedding photos. She was also excited with the job well done.

Sent on 03/12/2015

Michiko · Married on 06/18/2016

Maria was so sweet to work with and we loved our pictures!

Sent on 12/21/2016