Maravilla Make-Up Reviews

29 | Tamarindo, CR

29 Reviews for Maravilla Make-Up

Morgan P. · Married on 01/20/2021

Easy & Breezy

Tricia was super flexible and responsive! My husband and I decided to elope in Costa Rica this winter so I wasn’t looking for anything elaborate and didn’t need makeup for anyone but myself. Tricia gave me exactly what I wanted! She asked for a photo of me in make up and some inspiration photos for the day of. She delivered!! She was on time, efficient and wonderfully talented! Highly recommend her for your wedding day needs.

Sent on 02/02/2021

Maravilla Make-Up's reply:

It was so nice to meet you both! I'm so glad the random rain storm passed and you were able to have such a lovely ceremony, just you two. :)
  • Tiffany

Tiffany A. · Married on 10/11/2020

Tamarindo wedding make up

I recently celebrated my wedding in Tamarindo, Costa Rica. Tricia did the make up for myself and 6 guests. She did an excellent job and everyone was very happy with the results. Tricia was flexible and easy to communicate with. Thank you for helping to make my special day so memorable!

Sent on 12/12/2019

Maravilla Make-Up's reply:

What lovely photos!! Thank you so much for choosing me to be a part of your special day. I had a great time spending the day chatting with each you. Congratulations!
  • Lisa

Lisa B. · Married on 08/02/2020

Tricia is the best!

Tricia did my make-up as well as my mom's make-up for my wedding and we were both beyond happy with how it turned out! I do not wear a ton of make-up, but Tricia made me feel so beautiful while still feeling like 'me.' And, my make-up stayed on perfectly despite it being 92 degrees for our beach wedding (and, hours of dancing)! My mom was nervous to have her make-up done because she wanted to look age appropriate and also does not generally wear much make-up. We gave Tricia a photo for what my mom wanted and she absolutely nailed it. Beyond being very talented, Tricia is warm, fun, cool and patient! I would recommend Tricia over and over again :)

Sent on 04/17/2020

Maravilla Make-Up's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Lisa. It was an absolute pleasure to be part of your wedding day! I loved meeting Mom and helping her look like "Jane Fonda" haha. Didn't she??? You looked radiant! Thank you once again for choosing me to be a part of your wedding day.
  • Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn K. · Married on 06/05/2020

Tricia is the BEST!

Tricia was absolutely incredible. Not only is she insanely talented (everyone in our wedding party looked phenomenal) but she is an absolute pleasure to have around. Getting ready for your wedding is an intimate and nerve wracking experience, Tricia was such a calming and welcomed addition to the atmosphere. I'm so appreciative to have had both her insane talent and calm and cool personality in the room.

Sent on 06/03/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah P. · Married on 02/29/2020

Perfect wedding day makeup experience

Tricia is the absolute best! I did one trial with her before my wedding, showed her one picture and she nailed it. On the day of she came in and asked no questions - just did an amazing job! The whole bridal party was super impressed with her work compared to other weddings they had been in. She is so easy to work with, efficient, and an awesome all around person. Thank you Tricia!!

Sent on 03/10/2020

Maravilla Make-Up's reply:

Sarah, you and your sisters, friends and The Moms were amazing. We laughed, a few (I won't name names!) sucked in tears of joy while practicing toasts, and someone near the end walked (gently) into a closed glass patio door and the entire room broke into laughter as if that happens every day! My kinda' chicas! Thank you so much for letting me be part of your day. I loved every minute.
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth L. · Married on 02/06/2020

We were glowing! beautiful makeup!

Working with Tricia was a dream! She made our appointment schedule, gave us healthy skin tips before our arrival in CR to keep our skin nice in the heat/sun, and was absolutely fun and kind to work with on my wedding day. We did a trial the day before and we got to talk about styles, products we liked, and more. Tricia put fake eyelashes on us that were volumizing yet very natural looking... My bridal party/family felt like beauty queens! Thank you so much, Tricia :)

Sent on 02/23/2020

Maravilla Make-Up's reply:

Thank you Liz!! It was such a pleasure getting to spend some time with you and your family. You all looked amazingly radiant! Thank you so much for choosing me to be part of your wedding day.
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 02/01/2020

Love love love

One of my favorite parts of getting ready was sitting down in the chair with Tricia. She was so fun to talk to and was so professional and amazing. She made me feel gorgeous and like a princess on my wedding day.

She even made girls that don’t normally wear a lot of makeup feel amazing! They kept telling me how good they felt all night.

I 1,000,000% recommend.

Sent on 02/11/2020

Maravilla Make-Up's reply:

I had a fantastic time meeting with you at your trial and on the wedding day. Thank you for being such a communicative and on-top-of things bride! You've got an amazing group of women in your life and I was so happy to get to meet and spend a little time pampering each of them. You all were aaamaaazing!! Thank you so much for choosing me to be part of your day!

Vanessa P. · Married on 12/14/2019

If you want quality that you can trust, look no further!

Tricia did my trial and wedding day makeup as well as my mom and mother in law and she did an exceptional job. She is so talented, up to date on all products, techniques and styles, and she is an absolutely doll! I thought finding a good makeup artist in Costa Rica would be a challenge but once I met Tricia it was a breeze because I really trusted her. Thank you for making me feel so beautiful inside & out on my wedding day! :)

Sent on 12/21/2019

Maravilla Make-Up's reply:

Aw Vanessa, it was an absolute pleasure getting to work with you and meeting your family. You looked absolutely amazing!
  • Alannah

Alannah M. · Married on 12/11/2019

The best makeup artist ever

Can I give 1000 stars?! Seriously Tricia will have you and your bride squad looking drop dead gorgeous on your big day! I got the pleasure of working with Tricia 3 times (I did 2 trials and then the big day cause I'm a little crazy).

She is so professional, talented, kind and funny! You will love hanging out with her. Also I have gotten my makeup done professionally many, many times and I have to say Tricia is the best I've ever worked with! She knows how to apply juuuust the right amount of makeup so you look GLAM but not tooo much so you look like a cakey clown face. I think the pictures speak for themselves. You want Tricia doing your makeup on your big day!

Sent on 02/05/2020

Maravilla Make-Up's reply:

Alannah, you're a gem. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for allowing me to be part of your day. I loved every single moment from the first trial :) Huge hugs chica! I'm excited to see where life takes you two beautiful souls. xoxox
  • Peggy

Peggy · Married on 12/09/2019

Tricia is amazing!

Tricia was suggested to me by my planner and she was one of the first vendors that I booked and I am so happy that I did! Tricia was very responsive and professional. On the wedding day, Tricia did makeup for nine ladies, including myself, bridesmaids and 3 moms. She stayed ahead of schedule, which is hard to do with that many women! Everyone looked flawless, but natural and like themselves all at the same time. Tricia was also so much fun to be around on the wedding day, which can be chaotic and stressful. Having her do my makeup was one of the more relaxing and calm moments of the day. She is super chill and just made everyone feel good! I highly recommend Tricia!

Sent on 12/19/2019

Maravilla Make-Up's reply:

It was so much fun spending the day with you and your closest girls. You all looked absolutely gorgeous. Thank you so much for choosing me as your make-up artist for your special day!
  • Amanda

Amanda C. · Married on 11/20/2019

Don't hesitate - she's the best!

Tricia was amazing! From the minute she replied to my inquiry I felt confident in having her be apart of our wedding experience. I had been following her on Instagram for quite some time before the wedding and knew that I loved her style and wanted her as a make-up artist. She is very professional and great at making you feel comfortable. Getting your make-up done can be tedious, but I enjoyed every minute with her and the time flew by. Above all else, the most important part - my make-up was perfect right till the end of the night when I reluctantly washed it off before bed. Not a single flaw despite the laughing, the crying, the dancing and the sweating. I don't know how she does it, but I'm glad she did. Also, it didn't feel heavy at all. Thank you!!

Sent on 12/06/2019
  • Sugey

Sugey · Married on 11/09/2019

Tricia is amazing!!

I can not describe how much I appreciate her help and her flexibility and how talented she is.She has the best energy and I felt so comfortable with her, she listened to what I wanted and I appreciate that so much.

Sent on 12/10/2019
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 05/15/2019

Amazing experience!

Tricia is an absolute dream!! I strongly recommend hiring her as a make up artist for your wedding day or any event if you have the chance. She’s incredibly talented in every way - she knows what’s going to complement your face, what’s going to photograph well, and how to make it last all night long.

She had me send a photo of how I usually do my make up and some inspiration photos and did a great job translating those photos to something that would look great on my face while still helping me look like myself.

I felt incredibly beautiful on my wedding day and my make up lasted through everything - through tears at the ceremony, lots of hugs (didn’t rub off on anyone’s clothes!), through the heat, wind, everything!

Tricia has an amazing presence as well. I loved having her around on my wedding day. She’s sweet, calming, easy to talk to, and an amazing person over all!

Sent on 04/08/2021

Maravilla Make-Up's reply:

Kayla, it was an absolute pleasure after all the delays and waiting to actually get to be part of your day!!! I'm so glad you felt as beautiful as you looked! Thank you so much.
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 05/11/2019

Glowing happy bride :)

Tricia was very kind, professional, and extremely accommodating. I wasn't sure what style I wanted because I'm not used to wearing much makeup on a daily. She tried different things with me on the trial day and adjusted that even more on the wedding day when I changed my mind again. She was so easy to work with and helped me get the end result that was just right for my style! I was very pleased with her service and definitely recommend her!!

Sent on 06/14/2019

Leigha · Married on 05/05/2019

Leigha Suenaga

I used Tricia for my wedding in Tamarindo for me (bride), a few bridesmaids and my mom and future mother in law. Tricia was amazing! She was very laid back and easy to work with. Everyone loved her and she did a great job with our makeup. She made me look like my best version of myself without being too heavy handed like some makeup I’ve gotten done in the past. I loved how she asked for inspiration photos of everyone beforehand so that she already knew the look everyone was going for. Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/01/2019

Veronica · Married on 04/27/2019

Amazing! Could not have been happier!

Tricia hands down exceeded my expectations! I am pretty particular with my makeup and how it’s done, but I had nothing to worry about with her. Tricia did exactly what I asked for. On top of just doing an amazing job, she was relaxed, professional and most importantly so fun to work with! After the trial session I knew the getting ready party of the big day would be a breeze! If you’re getting married in Costa Rica, I HIGHLY recommend Tricia for you makeup needs!

Sent on 05/20/2019

Kate U. · Married on 04/26/2019

Maravilla Makeup

Tricia was so great and made everyone look flawless! Super on top of everything and it was a pleasure using her for our big day :)

• Iya

Iya · Married on 04/25/2019

Beautiful work!

Had such a wonderful experience with Tricia, her work was absolutely perfect.
    She was so professional and easy to work with and understood exactly what looks everyone was going for, highly recommend!

Sent on 01/31/2021

Maravilla Make-Up's reply:

Thank you Iya. I had a great afternoon with you and your amazing group of women!! I can't wait to see White Diamond's photos of the day!
  • Michele

Michele · Married on 04/13/2019

Best Make Up Artist!

Tricia is the best makeup artist in Costa Rica! Once you decide on a date, I suggest contacting Tricia immediately to book her services, you will not regret it! I was fortunate enough to come to Costa Rica for engagement pictures months before my wedding and I booked a makeup trial with Tricia for this day. She asked me to send her a few pictures of what I was looking for (I actually sent her my entire Pinterest board) and she did an excellent job, I knew I made the right decision for my wedding day.
    On my wedding day she had 7 people to do makeup for. She contacted me a few weeks in advance to set up a schedule and asked to have each girl send in pictures of what they would like. I was so impressed she was this organized and detailed, I knew everyone’s makeup was going to be great! My mom kept asking if she knew how to do makeup on ‘an old lady’s skin’ and my mom loved her makeup AND Tricia even convinced her to do lashes which made my mom feel 20 years younger! I knew I was going to cry during my first look and she even stayed a little longer to help touch up my makeup. Tricia, you are a rockstar and I am so thankful you were my makeup artist on my special day! Thank you!

• Jamie

Jamie S. · Married on 03/22/2019

Best Make Up Artist in CR!

Tricia did make up for myself and my bridal party in Tamarindo, CR, and I am so glad she did! A year before my wedding we had a trial where I was completely sun burnt (total tomato face), and she gave me great advice on how to avoid this from happening on my big day. Needless to say, I took that advice and had another trial with her several days before my wedding, which we agreed was a night and day difference. She was so fun, kind and totally got the beachy natural look I was going for. If we hadn’t had that initial trial, I might not have realized how important it was to really protect my skin from the strong Costa Rican sun in the days leading up to my wedding!

Tricia was very organized and got our schedule together well in advance. She had all the tools needed for me and my girls to get either a natural glow or total glam. I liked that Tricia was excited to experiment with my own make up and skin care I used from home, which shows she’s always looking for the best products for her clients.

I would recommend Tricia to anyone again in a heart beat. She had such a chill vibe and know’s how to make a bride feel comfortable and beautiful!

• Tina

Tina E. · Married on 02/14/2019

she will nail the look you want

Tricia is both very professional and personable. And both are exactly what you need for your big day. When deciding on which make-up artist, several factors were considered. Her responsiveness, images of clients on Instagram as well as testimonials of satisfied clients are what sealed the deal for me. What impressed me about Tricia is her attention to the details from the very start. She doesn’t use a cookie cutter approach to your make-up application. She will ask many questions about the style you want and she will ask you send her pictures of looks that you like. Tricia truly wants you to be happy and satisfied and will alter anything you ask. She perfectly captured the look I had in mind without making me look overdone. Which was the only ask my fiancé had of me for our wedding day. As I walked down the aisle, my fiancé cried when he first saw me and said he was blown away by how beautiful I looked at our wedding. I feel very blessed to have found her.

Sent on 06/24/2019

Maravilla Make-Up's reply:

Tina, thank you so much for the kind words. I'm so glad that you were happy with the make-up. You were a radiant bride! it was great to meet you and spend time with you prepping you for your wedding. I wish you both the very best!!

Sarah · Married on 10/01/2018

Perfect and satisfied

Tricia is amazing. Not only a good professional but also an amazing person. She did my makeup exactly how I wanted and she’s super patient!!

Sent on 06/02/2019
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 05/05/2018

Tricia was amazing! She is a true artist. She made us all look beautiful and still like ourselves with her high quality products and natural yet glamorous style. We had so much fun getting ready with her and Vicky (Famous Points Bridal Services - Hair)! She was able to help hide my inevitable pre-wedding breakouts! She even came to my rescue when my lashes started to come off as a result of extreme sweating, crying and bad luck. She went above and beyond, and is a great person!

Sent on 06/05/2018

Maravilla Make-Up's reply:

It was a pleasure to meet all of you!!! I was so happy to be a part of your day!

Sam · Married on 03/10/2018

Tricia was absolutely amazing to work with. She responded quickly and was very professional. I also received a trial for my welcome dinner, and at both events I had gorgeous makeup!

My bridesmaids and mothers also looked amazing. She took her time to understand what we individually wanted and then she executed perfectly! Everyone was so happy, and our makeup ACTUALLY STAYED! It was the dead of summer and we were sure we would be reapplying, but we didn't have to! I would highly recommend Tricia!

Sent on 03/26/2018

Jamie · Married on 07/12/2017

Tricia was amazing! Her work is excellent and she is super down-to-earth and cool. I highly recommend her !

Sent on 07/11/2017