Maplewood Photography Reviews

12 | Chicago, IL

12 Reviews for Maplewood Photography

Ashley · Married on 11/18/2017

If you are still looking for a photographer for your wedding, stop researching now and choose Maplewood Photography! One of the best parts of my wedding was working with Diego and of course the absolutely stunning pictures he captured. He was the only vendor that I had that would reach out to ME and keep me updated about the process. He was more than just a photographer. I felt like Diego was my wedding coordinator and friend. Diego really went above and beyond to make our day perfect. For example, Diego wanted to take a picture upstairs on a bed of all of the girls after we got ready. The bed was not made, so Diego MADE THE BED. He also really makes his work an art, and every single picture is different in its own way. As an eager bride who wanted to see the pictures after the wedding, I asked Diego how long it would take to see the pictures. They were ready the week after the wedding! It was great! I can't wait to have Diego be our photographer for future events. I would recommend Maplewood Photography to EVERYONE!

Lisa · Married on 11/12/2016

We could not have dreamed of a more beautiful wedding. Ivan was able to capture so much more beauty than we could ever see ourselves. His range of being able to capture the sweetness of our flower girls, the peacefulness of us in the park, then to create the most epic skyline magazine worthy pictures is just unbelievable. His personality fit right in to keep everyone laughing and on track. Then our album came in, and we are all in love with it! The parents' books were a sweet touch that they really appreciated. Thank you is just not enough!

Brandy · Married on 06/11/2016

So grateful we decided to choose Maplewood photography for our wedding. Our experience from start to finish was extremely professional but also comfortable. The pictures exceeded our expectaions. Our friends and family still wont stop talking about how great they came out. Would recommend Maplewood Photography 100%!

Amy · Married on 03/19/2016

Diego photographed my husband and I in an outdoor afternoon session. This was the second time that we had done a session with Diego. Both times, we loved his personality, energy, attention to his craft, and professionalism. He's very flexible when it comes to clients proposing ideas and working with their suggestions along with his own creativity. His images are outstanding and never disappoints.

nicole · Married on 08/29/2015

Ivan Diego Martirena shot our wedding in August 2015. We absolutely LOVE our wedding album and photos! Ivan is personable, funny and so easy to work with!! If you're looking for photos that last a lifetime call Maplewood photography!!

Geena · Married on 07/18/2015

Diego Ivan, although being well known in the neighborhood is nothing short of down to earth and a complete gentleman. My husband and I are pretty unconventional when it comes to the "wedding" ways; but the end goal of wedding was essentially to make it a celebration for our families. And we succeeded that!! Our sweltering day (the hottest day of the year...go figure!) was held outside on the simply stunning grounds of Morgan Park Academy, in Chicago's Beverly neighborhood. But going back to the harsh wintertimes of Chicago, and our first site visit of the "Hogwarts-like" prep-school grounds, Diego Ivan was already itching with creative ambition. Even as the long field where our July wedding would be held was densely covered in snow, Diego already had amazing ideas. I'll admit, as a VERY camera shy pastry chef, my talents lie behind the scenes...but Diego was determined to make my equally camera-uneasy Hub feel as glam and adventurous as our Disney's "Up" theme. We opted for a package that included an "Engagmenet Photoshoot", which he cleverly suggested be held in the brightly colored kitchen of my artist mother-in-law. Coming directly from a busy day teaching in the kitchens, and my husband Saturday sidework. But Diego was ready to go, calmed our crazy out-of-this-world nerves, and produced some of the most "sweet" and silly moments we would have taking pictures together. We definitely needed that first photo-shoot to get used to the "snap, snap, snap" and the somewhat silly feeling of the "hips back, butt out, chest high, shoulders down, big confidence" of the wedding pose. When it came to the "big (and hot!) day" Diego rocked it out like a complete champ! His creative vision as well as my own completely melded in this perfect fusion of wedding bliss and to say he was anything less than perfect and professional would be a lie! He made my family feel welcome and beautiful, and that is all that I ask for at the end of the day!! Thank you Diego Ivan :)

Elizabeth · Married on 06/02/2015

I absolutely love everything about Maplewood Photography. To begin, Diego Ivan is great! He is easy to work with. Diego Ivan was extremely quick to response to emails and texts regarding questions or concerns. In addition, he was also flexible when it came to payments, location and photo shoot. His expertise centered around unique poses from various angles. I can honestly say, this was the best money we spent for our wedding day. We absolutely love our photograph book!

You won't find a better photographer anywhere. Diego is amazing. He is quick, organized and has an incredible artistic eye. He really cares about his clients and listens to them. He does a great job of showing who they are and making the photos magical. We wondered if he caught everything because we didn't notice him, but he was always there and he caught every wonderful moment. High quality photography and a very reasonable cost. I highly recommend him!!

Shae · Married on 05/15/2015

Where to begin? Our day would not have been as amazing as it was if it weren't for Diego. He quickly became part of the family and that is because leading up the wedding he took time to meet with me, ask questions and really learn about everyone he was going to be photographing. He walked in on our wedding day knowing people by name with no introduction- it was incredible. He knew family dynamics and kept everything moving quickly and smoothly never making me (the bride) feel worked up, uneasy or worried. Moving past making the day run smooth, his pictures are out of this world. They are magical, breathtaking and something that my husband and I will treasure the rest of our lives. I show people pictures on our app (yes app) that he made of us and people are speechless! We got our wedding book (that he beautifully designed for us) within just FOUR WEEKS of our wedding. Some family members have already received their prints (there are so many great pictures we can't figure out our favorites to order- thats the only reason we haven't gotten ours yet)! Diego feels like family now. We can't wait to hire him for pregnancy pictures one day, baby pictures, anniversary and anything else we will want photographed. Did I mention we live in California and he is in Chicago yet we will make our way to Chicago as often as possible to make pictures with him happen. If you want someone to capture the emotion, the movement, the magic of your wedding (or any other special event), look no further, Diego is 100% your guy, you wont be disappointed!

Sue · Married on 06/06/2014

There is always that one extra special photograph at any event that you cherish forever. You look at it and immediately feel the love and hear the laughter. And you are back in that moment.
    A year later I love looking at my photographs and reveling in those memories!
    Thanks Maplewood Photography!

Bob · Married on 06/06/2014

This small business is personal and wonderfully accommodating. Diego's concentration to detail provides captivating photos that you will enjoy for a lifetime.Maplewood Photography is also a small business that gives back to the community. Diego has been involved in community projects showcasing women in leadership roles.

Annie · Married on 08/20/2016

We are so happy with our decision to choose Maplewood photography for our wedding. Diego is a professional who truly makes you feel comfortable. The photos and book design exceeded our expectations. I am confident that anyone seeking a photographer would feel the same way!