Manuel Ortega Photography Reviews

Manuel Ortega Photography 4
Manuel Ortega Photography 5
Manuel Ortega Photography 6

Megan Delgado · Married on 10/13/2018

Excellent attention to detail and so professional

There truly aren't enough great things to say about Manuel and his wife Melissa. They are so professional and incredibly easy to work with. They make you feel so comfortable, confident, and relaxed when working with you. I hired Manuel for our wedding after I saw a sample picture he had up at our venue. We knew we had to have him as our photographer. He knows how to capture the right lighting (no color is washed out), the right moments, and has such a creative eye for capturing the PERFECT epic picture for your event. Manuel and his wife truly captured the spirit and joy of our special day. We have so many stunning pictures to choose from to print now. I can't wait to hire him again to take more photos for us! Worth every penny!

Saundra Zamudio · Married on 07/28/2018

Amazing Photos

We absolutely love our photos! I am so happy that after meeting with several photographers we decided to go with Manuel. He did an amazing job capturing all the important moments of our special day. We have beautiful pictures to look back at and that we will be able to show our future kids. He and Melissa cover every angle. She was super attentive in making sure every hair was in place and even made sure my makeup was not a mess after the happy tears. Lol
    He has an incredible eye and took some Candid pictures that made me so happy that I just about cried with emotion. Extremely happy with our decision. Love love our photos.

Alejandra · Married on 06/23/2018

Love love love our engagement pictures! Amazing! Best decision we could have made. Manuel and Melissa make a great team. It was pleasure getting to work them. Thank you so much!!

Manuel Ortega Photography 7

Andreana & Anthony · Married on 05/26/2018

Andresen wedding

My wife and I were recently married in May and when it came time to pick a photographer to shoot our wedding all we had to do was see the quality and beauty of the photos that Manuel produced and the choice became clear, we had to have him! The decision was made and my wife and I got into contact with him. Manuel was extremely prompt to get back with us and the first thing I noticed upon speaking with Manuel was his sincerity and patience. My wife and I had a ton of questions and he answered them with ease. He told us that as a part of our wedding package he would shoot a complimentary engagement session which we were absolutely stoked about. The day came for our engagement shoot, and we were to meet with Manuel and his wife Melissa at his studio in Monterey. Upon arrival Manuel and Melissa were there to greet us and they were extremely welcoming and friendly. This was our first time meeting but it felt as if we knew them for years. Upon entering Manuel’s studio you could see how seriously he takes his craft. My wife and I went through a couple of albums he produced and we were in absolute awe. While we were there waiting for the sun to set Manuel asked what we would like in our photos and shared ideas of what would make the photos brilliant. When it became time to shoot it can be an intimidating or uncomfortable situation however for us it was never that way. Manuel and Melissa made us extremely comfortable and made the shoot fun and entertaining. When my wife and I got to see our photos we were stunned, they weren’t just good they were fantastic! Prior to our wedding day Manuel stayed in contact with my wife and I not just to go over details of the wedding day but to also just check in and make sure we were ok. As the wedding day arrived Manuel was first on the scene and was shooting as soon as we had arrived. Manuel and Melissa worked long and hard through the day and throughout the night to ensure our wedding was photographed to perfection and let me tell you it was! When we received our wedding photos our jaws dropped and the only word I could think of was breathtaking! I truly want to thank Manuel and Melissa for all of their hard and amazing work they did for us. They never treated us like clients but more as family and family is what they are to us! If you want average photos with average customer service Manuel is not for you, but if you want to work with the best of the best and be treated like gold, pick Manuel Ortega Photography, you will not regret it! Thanks again Manuel and Melissa! -The Andresens

• Heather

Heather Haynes · Married on 03/04/2018

Amazing and beautiful photos

Manuel was the photographer for my wedding in Big Sur and not only were the photos amazing, it was such a great experience. I knew that I needed him to be my photographer and when I checked his availability I was ready to be flexible with my wedding date to make sure he could be there. The website, contact information, and handling all the preparation even before the day was easy and comfortable. He was familiar with the location and has such a great personality that he was just one of the gang. His wife Melissa is equally as amazing and a fantastic photographer in her own right. The candid shots while getting ready were fun and really captured the wedding party's personalities. Not only did he take the "classic" shots, he took some very fresh and unique poses/angles as well. He is very observant and has a great eye for quickly realizing that a special moment is happening and the candid shots are definitely some of my favorites. The group photos after the ceremony can be a drag sometimes and I thought I was going to starve, but when I looked up Melissa had made sure to run over and grab me a drink and plate of snacks that I really needed. I absolutely treasure my photos.

Jennifer · Married on 09/26/2017

My now husband and I are from New York, and we decided to have a destination elopement in Carmel by the Sea, CA, with just seven immediate family members present. The thought of booking a photographer from 3,000 miles away, without a face to face meeting was a daunting task, but from my first correspondence with Manuel, he put me at ease and made the entire process of booking a breeze. Similarly, our wedding day was seamless because of Manuel and Melissa’s impeccable professionalism and their breadth of experience documenting weddings. On the day of the wedding, my husband was so nervous that I was unsure he was going to be able to relax and enjoy the day, but as soon as Manuel and Melissa showed up to his hotel room to photograph him getting ready, he instantly became calm. It was clear to my hubby that Manuel and Melissa had everything timed perfectly, that they knew exactly how much time they needed to capture everything, and best of all they had my hubby and in laws cracking up as they were taking pictures. By the time my hubby and I met for our first look photos, we were both at ease, completely calm, and just having a blast while enjoying our day. By the time our wedding was over, both Manuel and Melissa felt like part of our family. Less than a week after our wedding, our photos were posted online and we are still in awe of how breathtaking their work is. There are so many photos that we absolutely love, and we know that we will be able to cherish those photos for year and years to come. We had an amazing, amazing wedding day, and we honestly have Manuel and Melissa to thank for that.

Kristine · Married on 08/05/2017

World class, top of the line, best vendor booking of the entire wedding type of photographer. Manuel and his amazing team (I love that his wife is a part of the business's team) are all just amazing people and produce quality, consistent, astonishing images. Excited to have these to look at for decades to come.

Toya · Married on 06/24/2017

Amazing! We were doing a small intimate ceremony and were in search for a good photography who was available and flexible as we wanted to include our 6 God children and knew that they all may not cooperate with an official start time.

It was very easy to use his website and get a quote! We were lucky that Manuel was available (less than a months notice). We could not be happier with the finished product!!

Manuel and his wife Melissa were very professional and made me feel at ease. We were running behind due to kids napping and getting ready and Manuel and Melissa were not bothered at all.

I felt like my friends were there capturing the moment. I couldn't be happier with them and felt like I left with 2 new friends. The day was better than I expected and they captured so many moments that I didn't even know were happening!

I received the slideshow less than 15 hours later and the remainder of our package (Elopement) was delivered ed the next day!

The images were more than I expected and I am glad that we found Manuel and Melissa and would have them shoot for us again! You made our special day even more special. Thank you!!

Stefany · Married on 06/10/2017

An absolutely SENSATIONAL experience working with Manuel, Melissa and Diego. It all began with engagement photos in February. Manuel and Melissa met with us in Monterey (City Hall) Gorgeous day and perfect weather to take pictures. Let me tell you guys; My Husband (fiance at the time) & I had no ideas on location nor poses. Melissa and Manuel took care of all of that, made me feel comfortable in my own skin, made sure my hair was in the right place, hands, arms in the proper area of the body. Even showed me how "pop & lock my hip" ha ha funniest thing ever but I trusted their advice. A few weeks later we met with Manuel and looked over our engagement pictures. They were ALL so beautiful; perfect lighting and captured a beautiful memory i'll remember for a lifetime to come.Later in June we had our wedding. Manuel suggested having a before wedding picture session; He brought his sweet wife Melissa and good friend/partner Diego. They began with taking pictures of me and my bridesmaids getting ready, from our pretty robes, make up, hair dos.. list goes on and on. Along with my Husband and his groomsman getting ready for the big day. And to even sweeten the day, they captured precious moments of my darling and cute granddaughter Aeriella whom is not camera shy :) Throughout this entire meaningful moment in our lives, Manuel and his wonderful team made ALL of our pictures look like a fairy tale. In fact, they captured my husband getting emotional during the ceremony as I walked down the isle; (if there were no pictures to show proof I wouldn't have believed it). Manuel is a true artist and master of his work. He takes photography to a whole new level, even travels the world to learn new techniques.The photos were just beyond anything we could have imagined. Myles and I Thank you from the bottom of hearts for taking your time and sharing these months together. The day went by so fast, and you captured every minute of the entire wedding. We will have an album full of love.

Manuel Ortega Photography 8

Sarah · Married on 04/29/2017

We hired Manuel to be our wedding photographer (married April 2017), and we couldn’t be happier with that decision. He is a master behind the camera, and having him at our wedding was an absolutely wonderful experience. I highly, highly recommend him.

Photography:
    The best thing you can do is go to his website and let his works speak for themselves. But since you’re here looking for opinions, then in my mind, there is no question concerning his talent. Like everyone else, Manuel will capture the important events as well as all the little special moments that happen in a wedding. But Manuel will also give you amazing show stoppers. Pictures that when you show people later on, they don’t just say “Oh you look so nice!” but instead go “Wow! You look so amazing in that photo! Where’d you get your photographer?” Not an exaggeration, this has happened several times. It’s actually part of why we picked him over other photographers. He offers something a little extra special.

Personality:
    Manuel is an absolute joy. He strikes the perfect balance of feeling like an old friend that you could joke around with yet at the same time still maintaining professionalism. It is easy to feel comfortable around him and his team, which is pretty important if you’re not used to being in front of a camera. One of my favorite things is that Manuel has all these little tricks to get you to laugh during a shoot so that he could capture real, warm smiles. I won’t spoil them here so he can keep using them, but I will say he had us cracking up several times. He really made the whole experience a lot of fun. And the photos of those moments look amazing.

Overall, if you’re looking for a photographer for anything, even outside of a wedding, I definitely recommend Manuel. You’ll have a lot of fun and the photos will be amazing. That certainly was the case for us, and we are very grateful to Manuel and his team for helping make our wedding day so memorable.

BettyEllen · Married on 10/31/2016

I can not express enough how much I LOVE Manuel!! He is absolutely amazing to work with!! He listen's to your wants and needs and then make them come alive in his beautiful photos!! My husband and I are not people who like to take photos, but the one thing I wanted more than anything was to have our wedding day captured, and he did that beautifully! He and his wife are so fun to work with,! They both were very patient with my husbands shenanigans and made us feel very comfortable! I refer them to everyone I know and come into contact with! TOP NOTCH PROFESSIONALS!!!

Sheryl · Married on 10/22/2016

Working with Manuel and his wife Melissa was first class service. Not only are they the nicest, down to earth couple and they're easy to work with, but their work is AMAZING!! After searching several websites looking for the perfect photographer for my wedding as soon as I saw some of a Manuel's work I knew he was the one. I can happily say I did not make the wrong decision. They did our engagement photos as well as our wedding day. Our engagement session we had so much fun shooting & they turned out gorgeous. My wedding photos are absolutely stunning and we LOVE THEM!! I've gotten endless compliments on them and asked several times who did my photos. He captured the whole day beautifully. I told him when I picked up my album that a story is being told through his pictures. I'm so thankful.
    I've already asked Manuel if he would do our future family portraits and my maternity shoot whenever that day comes

Christina · Married on 10/01/2016

Manuel Ortega Photography - simply the best choice my husband and I made to capture the most memorable day in our lives.

Manuel & Melissa (and assistants) were so down to earth - when we initially were searching for a photographer we didn't want to feel pressured to select a photographer right away, we wanted to feel that whoever we chose was THE ONE, and they simply met all our needs. From the initial introduction of pricing to our wedding day - we were so appreciative of the amazing, creative, unique, story-telling this couple is and made our selection of photos so hard to narrow down but it simply says a lot, what they do is 110% outstanding job and by going with Manuel Ortega photography you will not regret your choice.

Doris · Married on 09/30/2016

Absolutely incredible is the best way to describe Manuel and Melissa. They aren’t just photographers, they are true artists and story tellers. Their work speaks for itself, but apart from that they are just truly great people to deal with as well. From the moment we met with them, we felt connected and comfortable with them. They listened to our vision of what shots we wanted and captured all of the emotions and moments of our once in a lifetime event. Our wedding photographs were beyond our expectations. Five star all the way.

Lauren · Married on 08/14/2016

Take a kick ass husband/wife team (Manuel + Melissa), add creativity, skill and pure photographic genius, sprinkle in the ability to capture life's gorgeous moments and you get Manuel Ortega Photography!

We selected Manuel as our photographer for our wedding in August at The Perry House in Monterey. And basically, we got to work with the #DreamTeam. Manuel and Melissa truly captured the magic of our special day in frozen moments of time (a.k.a. photos).

They instantly understood our vision and tone for our wedding photography. We didn't want gross posed shots or things that looked like they were pulled directly from Instagram. NO, we wanted a photographer to truly capture the authentic and meaningful moments of our intimate wedding from start to finish.

Manuel and Melissa did just this with poise, grace and skill. Not to mention, they are a BLAST to work with. It was literally like working with family! You can tell they truly love what they do and are expert craftsman (and women). They also work hard and fast while getting AMAZING high quality gorgeous photos. In fact, they made all those annoying family photos you have to take after the ceremony fun, fast and great so that I could get on the dance floor. Thanks for that guys!

The end result is 800 wonderful moments in time from start to finish that capture one of the most memorable and magical moments in my life. I can't recommend these guys enough. I'm literally searching for an excuse to have a huge event so that I can work with them again. That's how good they are.

Let me end with this, Manuel and Melissa ROCK and they are all around wonderful human beings. I'd hire them again in a heartbeat!

Alicia · Married on 08/07/2016

Manuel & his Wife Melissa are a great team. They took our wedding pictures and wow!! We're they incredible. They know exactly how to capture special moments and very detailed with visioning what pictutes to take at your location. Manuel Ortega Photography is very Profesional and I highly recommend them for all your photos of any occasion. Outstanding.

Alicia & George Sabilino

Kelly · Married on 06/18/2016

From the moment we met with Manuel, his passion, attention to detail, and professionalism was evident. He took the time to answer all of our questions, find a package that fit our needs, and get a sense of the photography style we were looking for. For my husband and I, photography was the most important factor of our wedding day and we wanted to hire the best. We immediately felt comfortable working with Manuel and we knew we found a winner!

Throughout the planning process Manuel kept in touch, helping us to create a perfect wedding day timeline. He even traveled between two locations to capture both the bridal party and the groomsmen as we got ready. Not a moment was missed!

The best part...Manuel and his wife Melissa were a blast to work with! We never felt like taking photos was a chore...they made the experience fun and natural from the first look to the dance floor candids. Our families enjoyed the added humor and sense of comfort that Manuel and Melissa provided.

The wedding day went by so fast that I was sad when it was all over. I felt as if it was impossible to hold on to all of the memories and details of the day. When we met with Manuel a month later to preview our wedding photos, I cried tears of joy. At that moment, I realized the memories were perfectly captured in every image. They conveyed the details and raw emotion in every shot!! Manuel and his team ARE the best in the business! I never get tired of looking through our gorgeous wedding day album.

Claudia · Married on 05/21/2016

Manuel and his team have an amazing talent for capturing moments that are significant on such a special day! We received our pictures from our May 2016 wedding and we were blown away by the details, emotions and the stories the photos told. With so many photographers to choose from in Monterey County, there is no doubt we chose the best  for our special day. Our wedding was one day but the images Manuel captured will be cherished a lifetime. We highly recommend Manuel Ortega Photography because his hard work, dedication and passion conveys in his art.

Claudia and Chad Cole

lauren · Married on 03/25/2016

We used Manuel Ortega Photography for our March 25th wedding in Carmel By The Sea. Both he and his team were professional, friendly, and discrete while providing exceptional and artistic shots of the event as a whole. We would highly advise anyone looking to document their special day in a unique and beautiful way, to highly consider Manuel Ortega Photography.

Maritza · Married on 11/21/2015

Manuel is a great person, you can see he loves what he does by just seeing his photos....I can't wait for him and his team to do our wedding in Nov. 2105.

Mandi · Married on 11/21/2015

Working with Manuel Ortega Photography is always a pleasure. Our latest adventure was a sweet couple coming to Pebble Beach to elope along our coastline from Louisiana. Watching Manuel and Melissa work their magic was a special treat for me. As a planner, we tend to be running more than watching but they have a way with making couples feel comfortable and have fun in front of the camera. The shots I was able to see were amazing. I look forward to working with them again.

Manuel, was so accessible and he has si much talent, some of the locations we pucted for our engagement pictures I was not very impressed with but once I saw his pictures, it all came together the angels were perfect. We looked beautiful without any retouching. I am so happy we chose him to do the job. ??

Josephine · Married on 11/01/2015

We met with Manuel Ortega months before the wedding and instantly knew he was the one we needed to capture our special day. We married at Holman Ranch in Carmel, CA and took our engagement photos as well. Manuel knew the venue well which made the experience that much more pleasant. He made us feel very comfortable and the poses felt natural, the experience itself was fun! I constantly recommend Manuel Ortega to all of my family and friends. He's not only a photographer that captured your wedding day, he's with you during the process and well after. I'm so happy we made the decision to work with Manuel.

Martha · Married on 09/26/2015

Manuel and Melissa took our engagement and wedding pictures and did an amazing job. The pictures. Getting your picture taken can be nerve racking but Manuel helped ease some of our nerves with his sense of humor.

You can definitely tell that Manuel and Melissa have a lot of experience in photography. Our pictures, guestbook, album, and portraits all turned out beautiful. We had a large wedding party and both Manuel and Melissa were professional and patient throughout the whole process. We definitely recommend Manuel and Melissa for any photography needs. You will not be disappointed.

Sarah · Married on 09/05/2015

Manuel, his wife Melissa, and Diego where the most amazing people we could have ever asked for to photograph our wedding. Their passion for their job showed throughout our entire day. My husband and I had quite a large wedding party. We each had 7 people for our bridesmaids and groomsmen and 9 children in of procession! Manuel and his team not only took amazing shots of them, but they were so much fun to be around that the kids actually enjoyed their little photo session. We all know the post ceremony pictures with the whole wedding party and family can take forever...but the fun and passionate atmosphere that Manuel and his team created, made everything exciting for us. We spent more time laughing together then anything else. I loved how when Manuel would try a new type of shot he would get so excited and show everyone on his camera. It just made us all feel good! They did such an amazing job capturing all our special moments. He had taken the time before the wedding to get to know my husband and I so that he knew who and what to focus on during our whole wedding day. He was able to capture moments of our daughter that still give us goosebumps, and the facial expressions and emotions he was able to capture on our loved ones and mine and my husbands face is priceless. I loved that we had three photographs on our wedding day. The candid shots where so much fun to look at, and they really didn't miss a single special moment. I loved how Manuel and his wife Melissa worked together. They made such a great team, and there shared love and passion for each other and their work was inspiring. Our meeting after the wedding was so wonderful as well. Manuel's passion for his work is just so obvious that it made reliving our wedding day through his pictures that much more special. I will forever be thankful to them for helping give us such a magical day, and priceless memories.