Manhattan Penthouse on Fifth Avenue Reviews

Manhattan Penthouse on Fifth Avenue 3
Manhattan Penthouse on Fifth Avenue 4

Jessica Weiss · Married on 11/03/2018

Perfect place

Manhattan Penthouse was an absolutely amazing venue for our wedding. The food was great and received rave reviews from our guests. We absolutely love the layout of the space. The grand windows with the city views provided a magnificent backdrop to our ceremony and reception and was a hit with guests taking many photos. Monika and Jeno were both fantastic to work with and really cared about our event making sure it went off without a hitch. We had a few special requests and they catered to them without hesitation. You really can’t go wrong with Manhattan Penthouse for your event, highly recommended.

Rebecca · Married on 04/08/2018

I had the pleasure of working with both Monika and Jeno from the Manhattan Penthouse while planning my wedding this month. Everyone at the venue was so professional and willing to work with us at every step. The space is gorgeous and the fact that the catering is built in is a huge plus. They handled everything on the day of so well and were so helpful during planning. It is the perfect venue for an NYC wedding.

Sent on 04/17/2018

Manhattan Penthouse on Fifth Avenue's reply:

Dear Rebecca, Thank you very very much for your review. Yes, we are lucky to have Monika and Jeno for many years. All our staff stay with us a long time. We don't let staff go when they get old. Jimmy retired after 43 years. Iris retired after 25 years. We have grand children of former staff. Loyalty is important to us. Sam Milliken, President

Gladys · Married on 01/05/2018

Professional manager and staff. I have been working with them over 15 years for two events I coordinate each year (equivalent of two weddings each year). I would never do it anywhere else. They never disappoint!! Jeno Steiner and his staff provide top notch service. The space is transformed beautifully and looks magical. The service throughout my events is outstanding. I recommend The Penthouse to everyone!

Sent on 04/20/2018

Manhattan Penthouse on Fifth Avenue's reply:

Dear Gladys, Thank you so much. Jeno and Monika are amazing, and a lot of us have worked together for very long, enjoy helping clients very much, and take each job as a challenge to try to make everything better. Sam Milliken, President

James · Married on 12/31/2017

Monika and Jeno ae great people

Sent on 03/28/2018

Manhattan Penthouse on Fifth Avenue's reply:

We are very lucky to have Monika and Jeno aboard, - for over 15 years. They went to hospitality school together in Budapest and came to the US where Monika was at the Downtown Athletic Club until it's demise, and Jeno worked for a catering company in Miami. Then they joined each other in my company and are a great delight to me every day in our wonderful business. Thank you for your comment. Sam Milliken, President

Lisa · Married on 10/22/2017

Jeno and his staff did a great job on our wedding day to set up a magical space that was the ideal setting for our wedding. The space looked great and they all handled our day of stresses with composure. The food provided by the in-house caterer was also delicious and gave us plenty of options to choose from. Leading up to the big day, Jeno was great to coordinate with and was always super responsive to any of our questions.
    On top of all the compliments on the team, you can't beat the view at this venue! Views of midtown and downtown surround the space and both our out of town and local guests definitely enjoyed the background to the evening.

Sent on 12/17/2017
    Manhattan Penthouse on Fifth Avenue 5
    Manhattan Penthouse on Fifth Avenue 6
    Manhattan Penthouse on Fifth Avenue 7
    Manhattan Penthouse on Fifth Avenue 8

Manhattan Penthouse on Fifth Avenue's reply:

Dear Lisa, Thank you very much for writing your nice review. Jeno is great and is super helpful in the office too and wonderful to be around. Makes our day so pleasant. Sam Milliken, President

Kristen · Married on 04/30/2017

We were looking for a great venue within our budget and came across Manhattan Penthouse, as soon as we went for our first tour, we fell in love with the space. The views of the city are incredible, windows from all sides give you amazing views of the skyline. In addition, working with Monika was amazing. She was always super helpful and responsive about any questions I asked her. My husband is a chef so we had a tasting before we even officially booked the venue and then had another tasting, in which they accommodated a special request for him. The chef was very open to any suggestions my husband had, and the food was great on our wedding day. Everything else was great too, Monika helped set up and decorate the day of the wedding and coordinated everything. They also have a bridal room which was perfect so my bridesmaids and I could all get ready right at the venue and not have to worry about traveling from hair and makeup. We had a pretty small wedding with less than 50 guests, they set up the space perfectly for our small wedding but they also accommodate much larger parties. I highly recommend Manhattan Penthouse and Monika!

Sent on 06/03/2017

Manhattan Penthouse on Fifth Avenue's reply:

Thank you, Kristen, for your good rating. Monika helps our whole organization a lot. She's great. I'm very happy you had a great reception. Sam Milliken, President

James · Married on 12/18/2016

Early last year my wife and I started the long process of wedding planning, and we started by looking for our venue. We were slightly unique in that we had to plan our NYC wedding from London, without the chance to meeting vendors in person or visiting venues. On our list of must-haves was a team that we could trust, a venue that fit in our budget, and a venue that would capture the beauty of our wedding. We came across Alger House / Manhattan Penthouse on nymag.com and when we read the reviews we knew that we had to give them a call. We originally spoke with Sam, who then got us in touch with Jeno to work out the detail, and from those initial calls we knew that this was the venue for us.

When we read the reviews, we thought that maybe the description of how helpful Jeno is might have been exaggerated. We can say that they are 100% accurate. Jeno has to be the most responsive, helpful, friendly catering manager / event coordinator / maitre'd in NYC. We were shocked to get replies from him to emails on weekends, evenings (in NY time) and usually within hours (if not minutes) from sending them. It cannot be overstated at how much at ease this made us due to the anxiety we had in planning this from overseas. Throughout the nearly nine months of planning he gave us the comfort that everything was going to work out -- and it did.

Manhattan Penthouse is absolutely amazing. We had family and friends visiting from six states and three countries and for some this was their first time in NYC. What an amazing view they had to welcome them. One side is a clear view of the Freedom Tower, and on the other, the Empire State Building.
    The catering was absolutely one of the highlights. We received so many compliments on the quality of the food.

We could go on and on, but the most important thing to us is that we had the most perfect wedding, in the most perfect venue, in the most perfect city, and Manhattan Penthouse and the team were a big part of that. Thank you!

beverly · Married on 10/08/2016

We had our wedding at the Alger House location, and Monika was our coordinator. She was very insightful, incredibly patient and accommodating, and did not hesitate to go out of her way to ensure our wedding was exactly what we had envisioned. Her experience in coordinating weddings is apparent from the get go and she wasn't shy to make suggestions and/or point out issues that may interrupt or make the flow of the wedding unnecessarily awkward. She also went out of her way to allow us to come in the day before (they were not booked that day) to set everything up. Because of her experience, our wedding was more than we could have hoped it could be. We would not hesitate to recommend the Alger House for a beautiful, intimate wedding and particularly Monika. We don't think our vision would have been possible without her.

Sent on 08/22/2016

Manhattan Penthouse on Fifth Avenue's reply:

Thank you so much, Beverly. We aim for our best every day. Sam Milliken, President

Amanda · Married on 10/02/2016

You can tell that the staff of MP has a lot of experience. Literally nothing can ruffle this crowd. Even though I was physically ill from nerves on my wedding morning, and my sweet husband tried to put our lunch menus out as ceremony programs, Jeno kept a completely cool head the whole time and made sure everything was in its correct place by the time our ceremony started. He really saved our butts. I also have to say he was, hands down, the most responsive vendor I worked with during the planning process. He is lighting fast and has great attention to detail. I also want to say, the food here is amazing, and the space is truly beautiful. Our guests loved the views of the Manhattan skyline. Manhattan Penthouse gives you an elegant, drama-free experience at a great value. I highly recommend!

Jan · Married on 10/02/2016

It may be customary for the bride to write a review, however as the mother of the bride, I can attest that the staff and the venue were top notch! Very supportive and attentive to every detail of comfort and elegance! I was extremely pleased.

Sheena · Married on 10/01/2016

Whatever I write here will not capture the ultimate experience we had choosing this as our wedding venue. Hands down one of the most unique yet affordable venues in NYC. We fell in love with the views and the fact that it's gorgeous even in it's bare bones. We spent so much time visiting venues both in and out of state, and I couldn't tell you how many poor decor decisions are out there, and how inflexible some venues really are. Not the case at the Manhattan Penthouse, they are incredibly efficient, flexible and professional. The food is delicious, the staff is unlike any other and the experience was just a dream come true. We worked with Jeno who is by far the most impressive contact that we have ever worked with. We were married on Oct 1, 2016 and we still have friends and family talking about our special day. Everyone was so impressed by the night that it made every penny worthwhile. We would highly recommend choosing this venue for your rental needs, as it was made for hosting a very perfect night.

Emily · Married on 09/23/2016

As others have noted, you really get great bang for your buck at Manhattan Penthouse. We planned our wedding, for 115 guests, in less than 6 months. Jeno was always honest, helpful, and quick in his responses. By the time the wedding day arrived, I was 100% confident that everything was set. I was right. I had so much fun and never once worried that anything was off or out of place. Thank you to Jeno and the wonderful team at MP for a perfect night.

Eric · Married on 07/30/2016

Manhattan Penthouse was phenomal! We worked with Monika and she was so knowledgeable, friendly, accommodating, and helpful. She made sure our night was fantastic! Everything was planned, organized and ran smoothly. The food was delicious, the atmosphere was amazing and we couldn't have asked for a better venue! The views are terrific and the whole staff was professional and exemplars in their field of work. We recommend Manhattan Penthouse with the highest praise!

Melissa · Married on 07/15/2016

We didn't have too long of a runway to our 100-guest wedding, so the Manhattan Penthouse was the perfect venue for us because there is so much already included (ceremony site, good food, open bar, day-of coordiantor, etc.). The communication leading up to the event, as well as the actual wedding day, with Jeno was easy and efficient. He and the rest of the Penthouse staff are very professional and friendly. Jeno coordinated with all the other vendors leading up to the event (flowers, ceremony music, band, dessert, photographers), which really helped my stress levels. The venue itself looked beautiful and you can't beat those views. If you're looking to host a wedding in NYC on a smaller budget, you really should go to the Manhattan Penthouse. Thanks so much to the entire team there for helping us make our wedding day incredible!

Leidy · Married on 02/27/2016

There are so many things that we could say about having our wedding at Manhattan Penthouse, but we’ll keep it short and just say that we could not have been more grateful for this venue and to its staff. We had a wonderful experience, from beginning to end, and Jeno (although he might seem somewhat short at times) was terrific to work with - efficient, responsive, and incredibly helpful. We loved working with him. The food was very good and the venue was stunning. Very affordable as well given relative prices in New York. We chose this venue in part because we wanted to get married near our homes, but it ended out being the right choice for countless reasons. Thanks so much to Jeno and his entire team!

Manhattan Penthouse was the ultimate wedding venue location. Not only does it come with EVERYTHING (bartender, alcohol, catering, servers, linens and a coordinator) but it's beautiful and the location is amazing. Monica was so helpful and professional- we had a day of coordinator and when she showed up to the venue everything was set up already! the venue is large but feels intimate, the views are unreal and the food was delicious. Some of the details I was most impressed with:
    1. knowledge of religious needs (challah, kosher meals and wine, etc)
    2. guidance on scheduling
    3. response time
    4. vendor recommendations
    5. When we walked back down the aisle, Monica was waiting in the back with our specialty cocktails and there was champagne and appetizers for us in the bridal suite.

If you want to eliminate all of the stress from wedding planning, I HIGHLY recommend booking this venue.

Shannon · Married on 09/18/2015

I am so happy that I had my wedding at Manhattan Penthouse. I fell in love with the views from the first pictures that I saw, and the feelings continued even throughout my wedding night. Monika was amazing to work with. She was so responsive to emails and phone calls and made our planning process as smooth as it could be. I was planning my wedding from Texas, and saw my venue once prior to our reception. Monika was always willing to answer questions and help with last minute details even the week of the wedding. I couldn't have asked for a better venue or a better coordinator to work with!

Monika and Jeno are pros. They look after every detail. They have excellent ideas and great taste, and look ahead to help make the event just what you hoped for. They give you fair warning of what you need to do and when, so you're making choices in a timely way to keep the process on track. The food is superb and beautifully presented. The staff is attentive and professional. They make sure to pay attention to the guests of honor. And the whole package is reasonably priced - no surprises.

• U

Uta · Married on 09/21/2014

We had our wedding on a recent Sunday at Alger House. We had the pleasure of working with Monika who was incredibly on top of everything. I had communicated so many minute details with her leading up to the wedding date, and she remembered everything. She was always quick to respond to my correspondences.
    The space was everything I dreamed of for our wedding. It was charming on its own but with great possibilities to add personal touches. Because we wanted our event to be an intimate event, we had about 70 guests and it was perfect. We chose to hold a daytime affair which was perfect to show off the beautiful stained glass windows and skylight. Our florist decorated a few arrangements to make it perfect. The space upstairs is also amazing - with an indoor garden, skylight, and a beautiful antique bathroom where we did most of our fun photo shoot.
    We received many compliments on the food. Everything was delicious and the portions were quite big. The staff was incredibly friendly and attentive all through the day. They were on top of Bride and Groom's needs, always asking for what we needed. They provided a special plate of hors d'oeurves for us upstairs during our photo shoot, well aware that once we went down to join the party, we weren't going to be able to eat during the cocktail hour.
    Because they only book one event a day, we had the flexibility of getting in to the space 3 hours earlier in the morning and packing up afterwards with no pressure.
    Thank you, Alger House, for such a memorable wedding! We feel so lucky to have had our wedding there!

• Joe

Joe · Married on 08/29/2014

My husband and I could not have asked for a more perfect night on our wedding! Jeno & Manhattan Penthouse crews were absolutely wonderful to work with and they went way above and beyond to ensure that our wedding was pure decadence. From the food, the service and the view are excellent! We definetely highly recommend Manhattan Penthouse to anyone who is interested in having an absolutely magical wedding experience!

From the "Mother of the Bride"
    I have never posted a review online, but I have been moved to do so to compliment The Manhattan Penthouse staff and especially Monika. If you are considering an event here I think you should know that the professionalism of the staff, the care, service, attention to details,delicious food and the beauty of the room met and exceeded our expectations. Monika was attentive in all ways during our planning of the wedding and, when asked, offered suggestions that we happily took and our event went off beautifully. Our guests are still raving about the venue weeks later. Thank you to the Manhattan Penthouse and staff for making our daughter's wedding such a pleasant and special evening!

C. · Married on 05/04/2014

Jeno Steiner the Catering Executive at the Alger House provided excellent assistance as our contact and planner for my daughter's wedding reception. The setting was beautiful and elegant, the food delicious and the menu varied so that it accommodated guests with gluten free and/or vegetarian requests. The event went smoothly and the bride and groom and both families and guests were delighted with how the entire evening unfolded. Jeno was responsive to all our questions and contributed his professional and welcoming presence to a most elegant reception.

Melissa · Married on 04/25/2014

We had our wedding at the Alger House 3 weeks ago and were delighted with the whole experience. Jeno, our catering manager, is hands down the most responsive vendor we encountered with throughout our year-long planning process. Jeno's advice was always helpful and to-the-point, and on the day of the wedding he helped make sure everything ran smoothly-- from the processional, to the flipping of the space, to the champagne toast and beyond.

The space and quality of the food are a great value for the money, maybe even the best in the city for couples who are looking for more of an an all-inclusive venue for an intimate event. We received so many compliments from our guests on how lovely the venue was, and we also heard rave reviews about the hors d'oeuvres and food stations we chose! (We never doubted that the food would be great, though-- prior to the wedding we attended a complimentary tasting at the Manhattan Penthouse and were blown away by everything we tried.) It is still hard to believe that we were able to have such an elegant event on our decidedly not-huge budget. Thank you to Jeno and everyone at the Alger House for helping to make our wedding a truly unforgettable evening!

• Jessica

Jessica · Married on 03/29/2014

Manhattan Penthouse is beautiful venue with fantastic views of the Empire State Building and the Freedom Tower. The staff is experienced and professional and they worked well with all of our vendors. The food was great, we received many compliments on the menu that was served. Monika, the event coordinator and maitre d', was wonderful and was instrumental in making the day go smoothly. This is an excellent location to have a New York City wedding!