23 Reviews for Mammoth Mountain Ski Area

Audio Equipment (1)
Decor (1)
Drapery (1)
23 Mammoth Mountain Ski Area Reviews

June mountain was the best choice for our amazing wedding me being from California and my husband being from Florida I wanted to find the perfect venue in California that my husband would enjoy and relate to so when I looked up mammoth weddings and I got in touch with Abigail Ross at June mountain from our first meeting to the countless text and emails and the weekend/ day of our wedding Abigail was amazing she made everything so smooth and stress free! Our day was perfect thanks to her and her staff!! And the food!! Oh the food was amazing the cook Lenny was extremely nice always checking us and making sure we had what we needed! My son fell asleep during dinner and woke up when the food was cleaned up so Lenny back in his kitchen and food some pizza for him to eat!! Above and beyond I want to live that day over and over again!!! Beautiful, perfect, amazing venue for your wedding!! ❤️❤️❤️

Profile Picture Megan, 10/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Transportation, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Shuttle, Wheelchair Access, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Liability Insurance, Lighting/Sound

Staff was very professional, helpful and quick to answer any inquiries. I would highly recommend having your wedding ceremony here at Forest Chapel at Tamarack Lodge.

Profile Picture Dawn, 9/9/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Aisle Runners, Parking

For our wedding we worked mostly with Abigail Ross for our wedding at June Mountain Ski Area. We were very impressed with working with her. She responds to emails very quickly (usually same day) and is very flexible and easy going. We had a little bit of a hard time booking our wedding since it was so popular! I was booking about a year in advance and barely got a date in their so book as soon as you can! Abigail was so easy to work with leading up to the event. She explains everything and answers every question you have. She let us set up the day before the wedding and even drove us up to June Mountain and even helped us set up a few things which wasn't part of her job. The rehearsal went well and she was very patient as some of my bridesmaids were late. The day of went very smoothly and she helped coordinate everything perfectly. I would highly recommend June Mountain Ski Area for your wedding or any of their other locations!

Profile Picture Samantha , 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding weekend at Mammoth Mountain was literally a dream come true. We had over 200 guests and had multiple events that spanned 4 days. Welcome Barbecue at Tusks Bar, Rehearsal/Dinner/Cocktail Party at the Mill, Ceremony and Reception at McCoy Station, Cocktail Hour at the Top of The Sierra and last but not least, a farewell brunch at the Dry Creek Bar. With the amount of guests and the number of events we hosted, this would have been a logistical nightmare without Loree Peterson. She was super attentive to our every need and was always at our disposal. We were able to meet with her multiple times prior to our events and she was always able to provide suggestions, answer questions, and calm our nerves. Loree has excellent working relationships with multiple wedding vendors and assisted us with finding some amazing help to make our dreams to a reality. Our entire weekend went off without a hitch. Every ounce of the service at Mammoth Mountain was top notch.

Photo for Mammoth Mountain Ski Area Review - McCoy Station Rooftop Ceremony
Photo for Mammoth Mountain Ski Area Review - McCoy Station Reception
Photo for Mammoth Mountain Ski Area Review - Ring Bearer entrance
Photo for Mammoth Mountain Ski Area Review - McCoy Station Rooftop Ceremony
Photo for Mammoth Mountain Ski Area Review - Top of Mammoth Mountain
Photo for Mammoth Mountain Ski Area Review - Gondola ride
Photos
Photo for Mammoth Mountain Ski Area Review - Top of Mammoth Mountain Cocktail Hour
Photo for Mammoth Mountain Ski Area Review - McCoy Station Rooftop Cerremony
Photo for Mammoth Mountain Ski Area Review - Top of Mammoth Mountain
Profile Picture Melissa, 7/29/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other)
Services Used: Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Parking, Shuttle, Wheelchair Access, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware

We had a wonderful experience with Mammoth Mountain and their team of professionals; namely, Loree Peterson, wedding coordinator (outstanding service - went above and beyond); Stacey Powell, officiant - she made our vow renewal very special; Kevin @ HighSierraPhotography - very talented photographer and is good with graphics!; Jon Jacoby - guitarist - beautiful classical music for a romantic setting - he was perfect!; Chanel w/MumsNRoses florist - our flowers were more beautiful than expected; Tamarack Lodge - for accommodations for us and our guests - excellent service - Matt, mgr; the Lakefront Restaurant - Chef Patrick, Kelly, Tiffany - helped make our reception dinner very special. We would do it again - maybe in another 10 years!!!

Profile Picture Debbie, 6/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We got married and had a reception at the Mill on June 3rd 2017. The staff was absoulty amazing. They transformed that venue better than I could have ever imagined. And the views! HIGHLY RECOMMEND getting married in Mammoth

Profile Picture Melissa, 6/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Accommodations, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Set Up, Buffet, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Chairs, Drapery, Tables, Parking, Indoor, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor

Our wedding went off without a hitch and I couldn't be happier! It did help that we lucked out and had great winter wedding, but that didn't worry me in the least if we hadn't. Lorie and her team were incredibly prepared and responsive. The weeks/months leading up aren't as communicative as one bride might like, since they are likely dealing with other weddings. But I promise you the end result is fantastic. When it is time for your wedding they are all hands on deck and do whatever they can to make sure you are comfortable and taken care of. I would definitely recommend mammoth mountain for any event, not just a wedding. My guests and I had a great time!

Profile Picture Kimi, 3/11/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding in Mammoth was beyond magical!!

Profile Picture Alicia, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We chose Mammoth because it was easy, beautiful, and the staff knows what they are doing. Loree and her team were very accommodating, gave great advice, and were there the entire night to make sure we had everything we needed. For our wedding day having them around made the day a low stress event. The food was excellent and there was plenty to go around, and everyone left raving about the food. All of the guests were amazed at the scenery and the venue and are still talking about it. Overall we could not be happier with the Mammoth wedding experience, and as we promised drunkenly at the end of the night, we will do it all again in 10 years to renew our vows!

Profile Picture Jon, 9/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I were married on June Mountain in August of last year and couldn't be more pleased with the venue site and staff. Abigail acted as our onsite wedding coordinator and was amazing. She was patient, kind and professional throughout the entire process. If you love the outdoors and nature you will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 8/27/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding at Mammoth Mountain. Our ceremony was at Forest Chapel and reception was at Parallax. Our day was perfect and beautiful. Several of our guests and wedding party commented on the uniqueness and beauty of the venue and friendless and quality of service of Mammoth Staff. I could not have imagined planning my wedding without Loree Perterson, our wedding coordinator. This is an excellent service that Mammoth Mountain offers. Loree helped our day run smoothly and she coordinated with all of our vendors. Loree is friendly, accommodating, and thorough. She thought of everything and helped us with coordinating our event from start to finish. They offer several packages that are affordable and add-ons that tailor and personalize the event to fit any style. Our guests were blown away by the stunning natural beauty of Mammoth and the details added by Mammoth Mountain. I would highly recommend having a wedding/event at Mammoth Mountain.

Profile Picture Holly, 8/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Dress & Attire, Flowers, Officiant, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation, Wedding Cake

My husband and I had the most magical day ever when we got married in Mammoth on May 22, 2016. From the initial contact with Amanda, the planning with Loree, and the day-of execution with the whole MMSA staff...every detail was handled beautifully! We initially planned for a ceremony at Forest Chapel. Unfortunately, mother nature blessed Mammoth with a load of snow ultimately leaving us to secure a second location only days before our Wedding! Luckily, with the care and concern of Loree Peterson, she ensured we found a location that was still outside and guess what?? It turned out EVEN BETTER than anything I could have imagined. I am so thankful for Loree's ingenuity and concern for our happiness, along with Tamarack Lodge to find us the perfect spot lakeside at Tamarack Lodge that accommodated our 60 guests perfectly. As for our reception, I cannot recommend The Mill enough! It was the perfect size for our intimate wedding of 60 and I especially loved the mountain lodge vibe. When I first scouted The Mill, I was unsure how it could ever be transformed into a reception space but boy was I blown away on the day. Loree, along with Chris and The Mill staff did an AMAZING job transforming the interior into my enchanted fairy- tale reception space. I was initially worried too because they were open to the public that day ad only had a couple hours to decorate and they did so with flying colors! Oh, and the food was incredible!! I had so many people compliment us on how great the food was. We opted for a meat-free menu and chose the salmon (SO GOOD) and the mushroom rissoto (also amazing!) I also have to mention how attentive and fun the wait staff and bartenders were. They were a special addition to the night and by the end they felt like family. Lastly, Chris, the manager of The Mill, who was so patient and calm with all our questions and who let us decorate the inside to our choosing- he was super! I cannot recommend Mammoth Mountain enough!!!!!!

Profile Picture Courtney, 5/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Shuttle, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Event Planning, Set Up, Uncovered Outdoor

Wow! Eleven 53, the top of the Gondola is an amazing wedding venue. Loree and her staff are amazing! They are so impressive. They were professional, caring, and really responsive. The view from this venue makes for really breath-taking photos. This is a great experience, so memorable, and special. I so highly recommend this venue, and Loree and her team! I am a photographer from San Diego and came to Mammoth for the wedding of the daughter of my very dear friend, so I wanted everything to be especially wonderful, and it was! As a photographer, I am thrilled with the backdrop that this location provides for pictures, and as a friend of the bride, I am thrilled by how well the family and bridal party were treated. They certainly made my job, getting beautiful happy photos, easy!

Profile Picture Esther, 2/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Limited Bar, Indoor, Accommodations, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Parking, Cocktail Reception, Barware, Glassware, Chairs, Decor

Our daughter got married in Mammoth in July 2015. Everything turned out to be the perfect Thanks to the help of Lorie and the staff at Mammoth. The chair lift was a big hit as we had a lot of guests from out of state. They fell in love with Mammoth and mentioned that they were going to plan another trip to visit. The food was the best I have ever had at any wedding and I had many guest say the same thing. Lorie was so organized that the wedding and receptioned flowed so well. THANK YOU for helping make my daughters wedding one to remember and for all the right reasons.

Profile Picture Karen, 7/25/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Cake, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'Oeuvres, Cash Bar, Chairs, Dance Floor, Lighting, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking

We had our wedding at June resort which was contracted through mammoth resort. We had a wonderful experience and the event coordination staff was very responsibe and helpful with recommending vendors since we weren't locals in the area. Our wedding was perfect! Thanks mammoth and June!

Profile Picture User2595848, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I loved this location and would recommend it to any bride. We had our guests ride the gondola to McCoy Station with champaign. The ceremony was held overlooking the mountain and the reception was in Parallax with chef Brian as the executive chef. The best food I have ever had, hands down. Filet Mingon that melts in your mouth and quite frankly the most delicious lobster bisque on the planet!

Profile Picture Jen, 4/20/04, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had a winter wonderland style wedding in April of this year on the roof top of McCoy Station, with the reception in the Parallax room. It was an amazing day. The staff were great to work with, the food was fantastic, and the views couldn't have been better. If mountains are your thing - I couldn't recommend it more!

Photo for Mammoth Mountain Ski Area Review - View for the reception in Parallax
Photo for Mammoth Mountain Ski Area Review - Photos taken 12,000 feet
Photo for Mammoth Mountain Ski Area Review - View from the rooptop for ceremony
Profile Picture Laura, 5/27/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Family Style, Hors d'Oeuvres, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Scenic Views, Accommodations, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Clean Up, Event Planning, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink

I got married January 7 in the middle of one of the biggest storms in history and my wedding went off without a hitch! The team did everything possible to make sure the wedding I had been planning went exactly how I envisioned it-and it did! My guests had the experience of a lifetime getting to take gondolas up to our wedding ceremony and reception site which was on the mountain at the lodge halfway up! It was truly a weekend to remember for myself and all of my guests. I cannot say enough about the management team that put my wedding on! The met with all of my vendors and so I never had to worry about a thing-not even returning any of the rented items! The venue was unique, the food was excellent and I have had a number of people tell me it was the best wedding they have ever been to! Being a mountain bride was something very special and I recommend it to any outdoor loving, adventurous couple!

Profile Picture Julia , 1/7/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation, Travel, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

Review your contract carefully to understand what services are being provided. However, we received more than even we thought. Dave Schact went out of his way to make this a very special day for our daughter. All of the staff at Sierra Star Golf Course went out of there way to work with us - the grounds were outstandingly beautiful. Highly recommend this amazingly beautiful venue for your wedding!

Profile Picture Susan, 7/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We just got married in July 2017 at Forest Chapel with a small reception in the yurt at Tamarack Lodge. While it seemed a little hectic during the planning, in reality it was a very smooth process. Especially after we were set up with Stephanie Pollard as our wedding coordinator. She was very communicative and worked with us on every aspect of the planning process. AND she made sure the reception area was set up as I wanted it even though the yurt wasn't ready to be decorated as early as planned. Steph truly made sure our wedding went off without a hitch and was an advocate for us every step of the way. Our parents (both mine and my husband's) both commented on how much they liked working with her and how much they appreciated her attitude.

In terms of the site, you really can't beat Forest Chapel. The yurt was also nice, though small - we only had 26 people and I would not recommend putting any more people in there (or at least not any more tables - we had some extra seats). It'd also be nice if the lights in the yurt had a dimmer switch. The outdoor area of the yurt is stunning, though. It makes for such a pleasant area to enjoy the night. And the staff working our wedding were excellent. Attentive and friendly. The bartender was excellent, too.

We enjoyed every bit of our wedding and absolutely recommend Mammoth Mountain as a great place to have a wedding! And that's after paying the bill ;)

Profile Picture Lea, 7/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Very accommodating and flexible! and the views were well worth the money!

Profile Picture Steven, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our rehearsal dinner at Mammoth Mountain’s Yodler Restaurant. The venue was perfect for our “mountain wedding” theme - with sweeping views of the Mammoth from the deck and a quaint German vibe, it was a perfect way to kick off the weekend. The staff was very friendly and welcoming - the kitchen really knew what it was doing - and everyone had a fun time. It was a little confusing to book the venue - we ended up talking to three different people at Mammoth. Everyone was very pleasant and everything worked out well. Cheyanne was there to coordinate during our event and she did a fantastic job!

Having our wedding here in October was great: although they close down the gondola to the top of Mammoth Mountain in the fall, so we couldn’t take our guests to see the summit, we were able to rent out the entire restaurant because it is normally closed for the season- we had the place to ourselves. I was originally worried that our small, 50-person dinner would feel lost in such a large building, but we used the room right next to the bar on the first floor and it was the perfect size - the staff helped by rearranging the tables at our request to fill the space.

Although we were first drawn to the Yolder for its authentic ambiance, we were very impressed with its array of other services/perks. We used the in-house sound system for speeches and background music - easy to use and functional. They also catered the event. Mammoth has a large menu that can be tailored to meet any palate, but we actually really liked the Yodler’s standard German fare. We asked to have the meal buffet-style to let our guests pick and choose what they ate, and it was lovely, organized, and delicious! Everyone was complimenting the food, and everyone went back for moreI also loved that they were able to get a fire going in their fire pit on the deck - complete with s’mores. It was atmospheric - a starry sky with mountain silhouettes - a fitting end to a wonderful evening!

Profile Picture W, 10/3/15, 8 Reviews