Maloman Studios Reviews

29 | Fort Lauderdale, FL

29 Reviews for Maloman Studios

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Natalie · Married on 12/17/2016

One of the best photographers in the business! When I got engaged last year I made sure to immediately email Maloman Studios. I wanted to make sure he was my photographer for my wedding day. Even if my wedding was a year and 1/2 away at the time. Stephan and Stella were absolutely amazing to work with. They responded quickly to all of my emails. Very well organized when it came to payments. On the day of the wedding they were very professional and never wasted anytime. They knew what shots they wanted to get and I love watching them work together. We can't wait to see our images from our wedding! I already know they are going to be spectacular since Stephan and Stella are the best! We did our engagement pictures with Stephan and we absolutely LOVED them! If you are looking for a photographer for your wedding your search is over. Maloman Studios are the BEST!! I wouldn't trust anyone else with my wedding pictures and I am a photographer as well so my expectations are high. Not only are they are amazing but they are so sweet and fun to be around. Loved every experience with them and I know you will as well. So stop reading my review and email the studio now!

Sent on 01/01/2017

Lisa · Married on 03/14/2015

Working with Maloman was fantastic. The whole experience was super seamless and stress free. For starters, Stella is extremely responsive in getting back to emails and phone calls. She made putting together our shot list easy, comprehensive and quickly and thoughtfully answered any questions we had. Both she and Stephan were there on our big day and both were so cool and collected. They helped us wrangle all of our family members for photos, which would normally stress me out immensely, but did not at all! And during the ceremony and reception, I did not even notice they were there, yet they captured so many incredible moments. One of my favorite things about our photos was the lighting - every picture is gorgeous and dramatic and really captured the vibe of the night and all the attention we put into planning. Plus, you can tell from the photos that everyone is having a GREAT time! Would absolutely recommend them to anyone else getting married!

Sent on 03/31/2015

Adri · Married on 01/31/2015

Stephan and Stella were an amazing team to work with!
    We wanted a photographer who would document our day in a modern, documentary style and that's exactly what we got with Maloman. The photos all feel so natural and not forced or posed. The day of the wedding, I didn't even notice that Stephan and Stella were around and somehow they managed to capture the most special moments. Sean and I went back for a day after session since we did not do a "first look" and are so thrilled with the results of our photos.
    It's amazing to have all of these moments to look back on. I can truly say that because of the photos taken by Stephan and Stella that we can really relive the wedding day and party as if it was happening all over again.
    They're the best in town, hands down.
    I must add that the prints we received as part of our package, with the box with our photo on the outside is absolutely stunning! I highly recommend this add-on for any future clients.

Sent on 04/01/2015

Maloman and his team were so professional and easy to work with. They were so helpful prior to the event and made sure that all our concerns were answered. My pictures came out amazing and the quality of the pictures as well. I cannot wait to create my album :)

Sent on 05/12/2015

Elienai · Married on 08/21/2014

Maloman photographers have the ability to capture moments like no one else can. Their photographs are incredible, still take my breath away everytime I look at them. Best day of our lives was captured by the best photographer out there! I would recommend them to everyone. We love Maloman studios!

Diego · Married on 11/08/2013

There were many points about our wedding that made it unique, however, having Stephan as our photographer was the icing on the "cake". With all the planning that went into our day, the photography had to match, and Stephan did not disappoint.

Even though we were excited for the ceremony, it was an outdoor wedding and it began to sprinkle. While we didn't know what to do, Stephan's professionalism showed in abundance. Even though it rained on us, he kept his cool and the photos still came out amazing.

All in all, we would've liked to change a few minor things about our day, like the weather maybe, but the photography is NOT one of them! We recommend Maloman Studios wholeheartedly.

Sent on 03/26/2015

The best photographer EVER!!!!!! I use him for everything I do! Personal photos (especially for the hubby), wedding, engagement, events - he never disappoints. Always thinking out of the box- can't wait to have a baby so I can call him for that!!!

Sent on 12/23/2013

Jessi · Married on 04/21/2012

I've known for the past few years that I would hire Maloman as the photographer for my special celebration, as I had worked with them in a professional setting (mind you, this was before I was even dating my now-husband :)). Stephan and Candace are amazing to work with and so incredibly talented, artistic and passionate about the art of photography. We couldn't be happier with our beautiful photographs from the wedding. Photography is such an important aspect of a wedding, and I would highly recommend hiring Maloman if you are looking for high quality, editorial-style wedding photography!

Sent on 06/03/2012

Maloman Studios's reply:

My favorite bride...thank you Jessi. We love you guys!

Avi · Married on 10/10/2010

My Husband and I had our dream wedding ceremony beach side this past oct. 10th. It was an absolutely beautiful wedding. Candance and Stephan were amazing and very attentive to us and to all our guests. I was checking out Stephans website for years, I knew that that was what I wanted for my wedding.They were great the day of. I wish I could do it all over again the money we spent was well worth it. We had our dream wedding.

Sent on 12/20/2010
  • Mailin

Mailin · Married on 08/06/2010

FANTASTIC. The Maloman team does not disappoint. If you want stunning photos to capture your special day, choose Maloman!

They made our special day a dream come true with the most beautiful photos!!! 5 Stars *****

Sent on 08/22/2011

Exceptional photographer and charming person. He was able to capture beautiful moments throughout our wedding and reception on an overcast day. Truly a professional!

• Lisandra

Lisandra · Married on 05/16/2009

We highly recommend Stephan as a wedding photographer. He is extremely professional and definitely has an artistic style that makes any wedding day memorable in a special way. We also opted to have an engagement shoot with him and it is a decision we will never regret. He is a very nice person and really tries to make a bride feel comfortable on wedding day. Also, he shoots candid photos from a distance in such a way that he does not interrupt those special moments with family and friends. We highly recommend!!!

Sent on 05/18/2009

Jennifer · Married on 01/17/2009

Words can't describe how amazing Stephan and his wife Candace are. They were the first vendors I booked...and my only "must have" for the wedding. I am a huge fan of his work, and I am in LOVE with our pictures. He did our engagement shoot as well as our wedding, and they both made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera. He captured so many amazing moments of our day that we didn't even get a chance to see ourselves. The images are truly magical...and so unique. I can't wait to get our coffee table books...

Sent on 02/03/2009

Kristel · Married on 05/31/2008

The BEST wedding photographer in South Florida. Easy to work with. Very creative. Great ideas. Not your typical, cheesy wedding photography. He has a great style. I highly recommend him!

Sent on 07/12/2008

Catalina · Married on 03/15/2008

Stephan is AMAZING!! HE is very modern and unique...far from boring!
    He does great work, and after the party and ceremony I LOVE looking at my pictures. Great communication and work ethic.
    I stilll keep up with his work on his blog...and will hire him again once we have kids...

Sent on 04/09/2009

Adriana · Married on 12/22/2007

Maloman Photographers was the first vendor we book for our wedding. After seeing his portfolio we were blown away. Their professionalism and edgy approach to weddings are just exceptional. We had the engagement shoot, the weeding and now we are even going to have a
    “trash the dress session”, it seems like we cannot get enough great pictures!!! Thank you guys for such a wonderful job!!!

Sent on 04/11/2008

Shawn · Married on 11/24/2007

Stephan and Candace are amazing! You have to go to their website and look at the work. It is so beautiful. Stephan has a fashion background and everything that he shoots is unique and glamorous. He also pays attention to all of the little details, the shoes, the flowers, how the tables are set, etc. They were right on time for my wedding and were there for the whole evening. They were professional and busy but not at all in the way. His style doesn't include many posed photos and it is mostly candids which is exactly what we were looking for. We actually considered not using him because he was a bit out of our price range, but our photos are SO gorgeous that I wouldn't have had it any other way. He is definitely worth every single penny. We will be using him for all of our family photos from now on without a doubt.

Sent on 07/12/2008

Jacki · Married on 03/17/2007

From the moment I logged on to the website for Bigfatknot Studio, looking for a wedding photographer, I could not contain my excitement. It’s obvious, merely browsing the site, that Stephan and Candace Maloman are professional, inspiring, and ingenious. We immediately knew that this was the key to keeping our wedding memories intact for a lifetime. Stephan and Candace made us feel very special at our engagement shoot; they treated us like we were the only two people in the world getting married and that exclusivity was only a taste of what was to come. At our wedding and reception, we hardly noticed they were there; although we were happy to have them as an integral part of our wedding, they made it a point not to interfere. Our wedding photos are exceptional, to say the least. Stephan has a background in fashion and commercial photography and has a keen eye for constructing an original scene and placing us in it so that the photos he takes are inimitable and incomparable to any I’ve ever seen. All of the products we have received are cutting-edge and created through the use of modern technology. We have been married for 3 months and still receive immediate responses to any requests or additional orders we have made. I am thoroughly impressed with Bigfatknot Studio and highly recommend them to any bride and groom who want only the best on their special day.

Sent on 06/20/2007
  • F

FRANCESCA · Married on 12/09/2006

Stephan and Candace (his assitant/wife) are true artists! He was the first vendor I booked and I am truly glad that I did. He did an amazing job and the photos looked as if they came out of a magazine on weddings. He made my husband and I feel extremely comfortable. We used him for our engagement photos, wedding day and he even shot our baby 2 weeks after she was born! I would highly recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 09/05/2008

Michelle · Married on 10/14/2006

Stephan was the first photographer I met with for my wedding after meeting with him I knew he was the one. I refused to shop around for another photographer. My mom would tell me "are you sure you don't want to meet with at least one more" and I would tell her NO. What for I found the one.
    Stephan and Candace did not disappoint me they captured my wedding day in more ways than I expected.
    They are both a pleasure to work with and their pictures just speak for themselve.
    Family and friends rave about our pictures and I can't be happier.
    Stephan and Candace are very professional. My emails and phone calls always got returned very quickly. They are open to all kind of ideas. You really can't go wrong with them.
    Bigfatknot was by far my best/favorite vendor!!!!

Michelle

Sent on 06/20/2007

Lemor · Married on 03/15/2015

Stephan did our engagement photos in NYC in November as well as our wedding a few weeks ago in Miami. He and his team are extremely professional and responsive (Stella always responded in a timely fashion via email) and his photos are INCREDIBLE. For our engagement shoot in November the weather was rainy and horrible but the pictures were still phenomenal (and my husband and I are not exactly the most comfortable people in front of a camera.) At the wedding during the reception, he never once pulled us out or interrupted us and our guests to pose or take photos. He and Stella captured amazing moments with such unique and creative angles. You definitely won't be disappointed!

Laura · Married on 10/22/2011

Stephan's work is breathtaking. He captures so many magical moments and is a true professional. His wife Candace runs the business side and is very flexible and easy to work with as well. We used Stephan for both our engagement pictures and wedding. They are all fabulous and have received so many compliments. I am so excited they are expanding to NYC where we live, so we can continue to work with Stephan in the future!

Sent on 01/04/2012

Sammi · Married on 04/18/2010

I fell in love with Stephan's work from the moment I saw it and had been following his blog for years before we got engaged. His photojournalistic approach is modern and edgy, but still maintains the romance of the day. They are not the standard cheesy wedding photos (although it rained on our wedding day so the pictures with our wedding party are all posed formals which is a bummer) that I've seen way too much of. Although his services are not cheap, you can't really put a price on the memories we will have from our beautiful photos. He was the first vendor we booked, and it's a decision we definitely do not regret.

Sent on 05/27/2010

Cristina · Married on 03/06/2010

What can be said about Stephan and Candace... After meeting with just 1 other photographer, we fell in love with Stephan's work.. While a little costly, pictures are memories we will always keep current.. We can't wait to see our coffee table book. 100% recommended by us.

Sent on 05/27/2010

victoria · Married on 06/06/2009

Stephan is a true talent. He is confident, easy to work with, friendly and has a very good sense of humor. FI really liked working with him too. Stephan takes a tremendous amount of personal pride in his work and I love that about him. I am very, very glad he shot my wedding. Our family and friends have been fawning over our pictures like no other! I know quite a few of our friends and friends of friends will be calling him to shoot their weddings.

That being said, I would hire Stephan again in a second. My pictures are magazine-worthy and stunning and I think he has eye like no other in Florida. We never knew we were being shot – except for the formals, obviously. There are a lot of great photographers in the SFL area. I think that Stephan just happens to be at the top of that game.

Sent on 06/22/2009